Wie gebruikt deze software?
Competitive companies use Slab across their entire organizations. Slab is the only solution powerful enough for technical teams and approachable enough for everyone else.
Gemiddelde scores32 beoordelingen
- In totaal 4.9 / 5
- Gebruiksgemak 4.9 / 5
- Klantenservice 5 / 5
- Functies 4.4 / 5
- Waar voor je geld 4.9 / 5
- Beginprijs US$ 6,67/maand
- Prijsinformatie https://slab.com/pricing
- Gratis versie Nee
- Gratis proefversie Ja
Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Opgericht in 2016
Slab is a beautiful team wiki & knowledge base, built for modern growing teams. Think of it as a long-term memory for your team. It features the familiar editing and collaboration features of Google Docs, but with the organization capabilities of a modern intranet.
With a focus on just solving long-term team knowledge, Slab integrates with all your other favorite productivity tools for everything else - like Slack, GSuite, Github, Asana, and many many more.
Functies van Slab
- Bestandstypen converteren
- Compliance bijhouden
- Documenten archiveren
- Documenten bewaren
- Documenten indexeren
- Documenten samenstellen
- Elektronische handtekening
- Offline toegang
- Optische lezers (OCR)
- Zoeken in gehele tekst
- Realtime bewerken
De nuttigste reviews van Slab
Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Slab changed the way our company creates and uses documentation
Opmerkingen: Slab is so easy to use and has just the right amount of features to be everything you need, but not a lot of extra features that get in the way. From setting it up, to getting the team onboard, to adding new articles, to searching articles, everything works as you would expect without having to figure anything out. It's simple and easy to use, and we enjoy using it more and more. We are a web development firm and provide website maintenance services, so Slab contains everything from company policies to detailed technical documentation for solving specific problems, and it has worked great for everything we wanted to document.
Pluspunten: We love how easy it is for everyone to create and find documentation. We tried many different systems to store documentation, but Slab has worked really well for everyone in the company. The integration with Slack makes it so much more convenient than always having to go to yet another system. We can frequently answer each other's questions with a Slab article, and when we can't, we try to create the Slab article right then and respond to the person with a link to the newly built article. This has allowed us to better expand our documentation and stop repeating the same questions.
Minpunten: There are only a few minor things we found that would be nice such as the ability to attach files right to an article rather than having to upload somewhere else and linking to it. We also looked at other systems that had checklists which seemed like a nice feature, but we realized we wouldn't actually use that feature. Neither of these features has even been missed as we've been using Slab for months now, and the more we use it, the more we like it.
Beoordeeld op 27-3-2019
Sleek, Intuitive, Blazing fast, and great customer support!
I was looking for a reasonably priced knowledge management service that works well with Korean.
I've tried many services in the past, and I had a lot of issues with search, export and sharing. Atlassian's product was overwhelmingly feature-rich. It is a very nice product. But it wasn't for our team. Our team needed a simple product that is not so hard to use, and works well with Korean./
Slab is awesome in that it does the basic things just right. It is easy to write, find and share contents. I think it even presents very nicely. I was very impressed by Slab team's customer support. They responded quickly to my questions and were very friendly. When I requested a feature, the team kept track of my request and sent me a mail a month later reminding me to check out the feature that I requested. I am not working for Slab nor am I related to their team by any means.
I am leading a small IT system admin team in Korea, (less than 15 people) and I found Slab while I was searching for a knowledge management system for my team. I tried more than 5 solutions in the past 2 years. Slab was my pick.
- fast search (it's really fast and precise)
- fast rendering of pages
- renders markdown in a very pleasing way
- an auto-generated table of contents is a great feature
- awesome customer service.
It's still actively developing. Things might change here and there.
Integration still has rooms for improvement. I hope it supports integration with more on-premise solutions like NextCloud, and Mattermost.
Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Slab is a great choice for Markdown-based team documentation
Opmerkingen: We are solving the business problem of a lack of documentation. We didn't have much in the way of documentation prior to using Slab. Slab has helped us compile most of our docs and information into one easy-to-access, easy-to-use central repository. We have realized benefits with on-boarding especially -- there's a lot of information we keep in Slab that isn't "ASAP must-reads" for new hires -- but that stuff is definitely still helpful for them to absorb in their first few weeks. Having a place where they can explore the documentation on their own, at their own pace -- it has been very valuable.
- Simple, Markdown based docs. You can copy-paste from a Github repo if you were originally using that to store your information -- or vice versa, if you decide your Slab docs would be better off living in a README.
- Sensible export with usable file-names -- no platform lock. If you don't like Slab, you can leave very easily. One click of a button grabs all of your documents in Markdown format and sticks them into a Zip file.
- Congratulatory thanks messages on your posts are a nice touch that helps you feel as though your docs are actually being used when someone thanks you for them
- Organization/team/user settings are simple and they just work. Don't have to play with a billion permissions to make sure users can read and edit docs. Inviting new users is very simple.
- No warning/success/failure/note pull-blocks to emphasize certain information. That said, I suggested it to Slab's customer support team, and they said it is on the roadmap!
- Tables are not so good -- but Markdown tables in general are very simple, so this is more a Markdown limitation than a Slab limitation.
- Image handling is not so good -- you don't get to set alignments or text wrapping. Again I think this is a Markdown limitation rather than a Slab limitation -- you are trading the Markdown simplicity for some table and image control.
Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Functional but needs more features
Opmerkingen: Slab will be a useful tool for us to share information internally. Updates are coming, but the updates page (https://updates.slab.com/) doesn't seem to be updated in sync with releases and updates don't seem too frequent. I look forward to monitoring the direction the Slab team takes their software.
My favourite things about Slab are:
- integration with Google Drive (including searches).
- searches don't just bring up where the term was found, but also highlight it in context.
- calendars, spreadsheets, and other documents can be embedded into documents.
- ability to add guests.
My least favourite things about Slab are:
- it can be hard to know what to read and how to read it.
- images cannot be embedded inline with text.
- email addresses are not automatically parsed into mailto: links.
- there is no find and replace (within a post nor system wide).
- ordered lists cannot have paragraphs in between (without restarting the numbering).
- when cross-referencing other posts (by typing + to bring up the contextual menu and then starting to type), there's no easy way to link to a heading.
- there's no feature to check for dead links.
- when tagging teammates, it only uses their full name (there's no way to enter just their first name or put a shortened ID via one's profile).
- screenshots are outdated on their website (so what you see there isn't what you see in your account).
- there does not appear to be any document versioning.
Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Slab was down for an hour due to some fire or windstorm something weird and I could hardly function.
Opmerkingen: Whenever a vendor or person who doesn't work here uses our slab they have decided to implement slab at their company. Every. Time.
easy and clean way to store your teams information. integrates with most everything.
we work with a lot of vendors, and slab is by far the easiest way to onboard them with all the info they could ever need.
Minpunten: you need a champion. to speerhead getting onboarded and practicing regular hygeine. one you get over that initial internal user adoption bump tho, (i undestand this will sound weird) but people will get addicted to making sure your companies info and policies are correct.