Wie gebruikt Heroku?
Application development PaaS designed for businesses of all sizes that helps run, deploy, manage, and scale apps using various computer programming languages available.
Wat is Heroku?
Heroku is a container-based cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS). Developers use Heroku to deploy, manage, and scale modern apps. The platform is elegant, flexible, and easy to use, offering the simplest path to getting apps to market quickly. Heroku is fully managed, giving developers the freedom to focus on core product without the burden of maintaining app infrastructure. Integrated tools, services, and workflows are all meticulously designed to help maximize individual and team productivity.
Heroku - Details
Opgericht in 2007
Heroku - Prijsoverzicht
Heroku vanaf US$ 7,00/maand. Heroku heeft een gratis versie en biedt een gratis proefperiode. Hieronder vindt u extra prijsinformatie voor Heroku.
Functies van Heroku
Reviews van Heroku
5 van 172 reviews worden weergegeven
Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018
The most elegant Platform as a Service
Opmerkingen: Great for someone starting out and deploying their first webapp, and great as a service overall. I cannot immediately recommend it to larger organizations though without looking deeper into the potential cost first.
Pluspunten: Heroku is really easy and out of your way as a developer. Setup and deployment is fast, and integrating add-ons is a breeze. I enjoy using Heroku more than any other similar platform as a service. If it were slightly cheaper, we would always use it.
Minpunten: Unfortunately we do not use Heroku for every project because it does have a high cost. While it is my favorite to use, sometimes it feels like the smarter decision to give up a little bit of the elegant design in exchange for a significant savings in cost. The introduction of Hobby dynos awhile back made Heroku a great starting point for fresh apps, but depending on how many users we plan on having, sometimes the cost of staying on Heroku will quickly eclipse other platform as a service options which while less elegant, still get the job done.
Beoordeeld op 27-12-2019
Heroku - PaaS platform acquired by Salesforce
1. Its API's first world is hugely helpful in developing applications
2. Documentation and customer support is top notch
3. Heroku Add on works great for most of the use cases
4. Intuitive UI, supports many programming languages
5. Heroku forms a crucial backbone for Salesforce when dealing with big data. The external objects feature from Salesforce is due to Heroku. Takes off most of the complexity in bulk processing on Salesforce as it can be off loaded to Heroku
5. With Salesforce Canvas integration, it forms a perfect ally to Heroku.
1. It can have a steep learning curve
2. Tends to be pricey for a large application when compared to AWS, Azure
3. Auditing can be improved
4. Quality of add on's can also be improved
5. Buildpack documentation needs to be improved as well
Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Heroku is great for creating dataclips to pull specific datasets from your databases
Opmerkingen: I use Heroku every week to pull data that support my decisions, such as understanding our user behaviour, and our supply coverage. With it, I'm able to create a strategy based on numbers, having a higher chance of success. I definitely recommend Heroku to business managers that are looking to easily pulling numbers on the business performance to create dashboards and deeper analysis.
Pluspunten: Heroku allows you to create dataclips based on a specific criteria to pull what you're looking for on your databases. It requires a basic knowledge of SQL language and on database data analysis, but it's something that can be learned otherwise. Heroku dataclips have several interesting functions, such as exporting it to a .csv file or directly to Google Sheets, and creating an instant chart. Also, you can access Heroku through your Internet browser, dismissing the need of downloading and installing an application. I've worked previously with other SQL tools such as Postico and SQL Pro, and I can tell that Heroku is very powerful and easier to use.
Minpunten: Heroku exporting tool for Google Sheets has a limited capacity of 10,000 fields. So if you're working with a large database, it won't allow you to export it directly to Google Sheets. In any case, you can always download it as a .csv file. Also, sometimes the tool is very heavy and take a long time to run larger queries (more than the other two tools mentioned above).
Beoordeeld op 26-10-2019
Support is non existent
Opmerkingen: 5+ years. As long as you have no support needs you will have an overpriced, workable solution.
Pluspunten: Attracted to the software for simplicity of deployment and alleged production grade 3rd party app ecosystem
1. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you.
2. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you.
3. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you.
4. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you.
6. Go with an all in solution with Amazon and save your natural hair color
Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
My take on Heroku
Opmerkingen: I've been happy with the tools Heroku has offered me. However, for a user that knows her way around cloud providers these might provide a more fine grained control over their application's availability.
Pluspunten: A decent free to use offer, and a overwhelmingly well thought paid plan. Integration with Git and other Control Version systems is mature and well thought, allowing the team to make sure the application is always up and running.
Minpunten: The interface is not always as responsive as one would wish for, also the CLI version is not yet as intuitive as I would expect. Migrating your application from Heroku to another provider could also be easier.