Over ArcGIS

Online en lokale oplossing die bedrijven helpt met gegevensbeheer, voorspellende modellen, geocodering, planning en meer.

Meer informatie over ArcGIS

Arcgis also functions very greatly in that it integrates very well with other software like google earth.

ArcGIS is prone to crashes and does not do a good job explaining the errors. Often the crash is a result of low memory, but this is not fully identified by the software.

Beoordelingen van ArcGIS

3,8
Waar voor je geld
3,9

ArcGIS heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 449 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je ArcGIS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (449)

Rachel
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

History teacher heaven!

5,0 vorig jaar
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Mohammad Anas
Mohammad Anas
Project Engineer Electrical in Qatar
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Was good enough even for beginner

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Was good, i can't say excellent.

The provided features are most excite about this software.

The loading time is too much, even we are using computers with good spec some times we are stuck and have to restart it.. so we have to redo all the stuffs.

Noam
Founder in VS
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

A Comprehensive Review of ArcGIS:

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Despite its drawbacks, ArcGIS is an incredibly powerful GIS software that is packed with features and is perfect for both experienced GIS professionals and newcomers alike. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use and its expansive library of tools and features make it an invaluable tool for anyone working with geographic data.

Positive Aspect Review: ArcGIS is an incredibly powerful, user-friendly GIS software that has been around for decades. It is packed with features, such as mapping, analysis, data visualization, and much more. It is also very easy to use and is perfect for both experienced GIS professionals and newcomers alike.

However, ArcGIS can be quite expensive, and its steep learning curve may discourage some users. Additionally, its user interface can be quite complex and unintuitive at times.

Arthor
SMRG Officer in Jamaica
Overheidsadministratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great mapping tool

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: There are no complaints with this software exept the fact its use cases are specific and not all modules will be available upon purchase.

This software is great for mapping a specific area and providing information on assets and routes in real time.

Its a technical software and if you are not in the necessary profession, you will find it dificult to use.

Rajeeb
Rajeeb
Electrical Engineer in Qatar
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Best Software for Project As-built updating and Viewing the Record data

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The software is really helping my team to updating the as built data out infrastructure project.

The software is really helpful for my team to update the as built data to the existing utilizes. The software is very helpful in tracing a and locating the route of utility structures form the pre recoded data available. The software is helping to import and export Geodata very easily. It is possible to view all attributes of the recorded utilities . If a multiple utility is available in location it is possible to hide one and view the other one which we require.

The Importing of data is a little bit complex

Adam
Director in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

ArcGIS

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Extremely positive

Just like any product, you need to take time to learn how to use it but it’s one of the best products I’ve ever used.

In between jobs, I wasn’t using this product so when I starting using again there was a big upgrade so I almost had to relearn how to use it.

Luciano
Student in Canada
Civiele techniek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

ArcGIS review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, it was a good experience and I would use it again in the future

I used this software for both emergency management and freight logistics. It worked very well in both cases

I found transferring data from other software into this one and vice versa to be difficult and frustrating at times, it is also unfortunate that ArcGIS online is limited compared to ArcGIS Pro

Setegn Bayabil
University Lecturer in Ethiopië
Research, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Review GIS

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: For presenting data in my research.

I like this software for its special features of analyzing spacial data using graph.

It needs specific data and somewhat it is not easy for beginners.

Graduate Engineer in India
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Best GIS sfotware

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

ArcGIS's user-friendly interface is helpful in many different fields. Planning and implementation are greatly facilitated by tools like AutoCAD, Google Earth, and all databases.

The application frequently crashes when managing a large amount of data (at least the version that I use). I, therefore, prefer to process large volumes of data in different settings. I think it would be beneficial to introduce more statistical techniques to ArcGis.

Brittany
VP Analytics in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers

Many Uses for Business Analyst

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It's fairly intuitive to learn the Business Analyst software. It's great that you can save custom reports and create nice looking infographics quickly.

Sometimes it can be slow at processing. Also, some of the data around points of interest / businesses seems a little suspect.

Student in België
Hoger onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A student's view on ArcGIS

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with ArcGIS is positive, the software is user friendly. You can easily import/export data from/to other programs with tools and proces/visualize data.

ArcGIS is a great software if you want to visualize data. As a student Geography, we use ArcGIS often. The program Arcmap from ArcGIS is a user friendly software to make maps and proces GIS studies.

Sometimes Arcmap gives errors and when you try the exact same thing it suddenly it works.

Joseph
Biologist in VS
Milieudiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Leader of the Pack

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've regularly used ArcGIS since it was ArcView 3.1, for about 20 years I guess.

ArcGIS leads the pack with functional tools like ArcMap, one of its most popular in spatial analysis. The tool-pack within ArcMAP allows users to convert layers to new formats, analyze data using a several geoprocessing tools, merge layers together and truly begin understanding landscape patterns. It has also been used to help forecast or predict after filtering layers or attributes within a layer to learn a unique set of characteristics that predict occurrence of a species or phenomenon, such as bank erosion. With the software, the user can subscribe to ESRI news to learn more about the broad applications of the product. And because it is so widely known, users can easily find tutorials and classes to learn the product. Recently I sought help from customer support and I will say, they are relentless at helping to diagnose the problem.

There are a lot of competitors for ArcGIS, though none seem to do everything that ArcGIS does. Rather than spending time waiting for the software to open, recognize our network license, and load the base maps, I can usually find an answer to my question using Google Earth or something similar. The high level of functionality comes at a cost. In addition to the memory hungry aspects of ESRI, the user interface can be a little intimidating. There are many tools and ways to layout the interface. Sometimes it can be confusing to know where the tools are and how to access them. While the interface is customizable in some ways, the geoprocessing tools cannot be added to the interface (or I haven't figured out how) and toolbars need to be loaded each time. For example, when I'm creating a shape file, I have to continuously ask the software to open the window for creating features. I'm sure this is great for some people who don't like machine learning or having their computer assume too much of their needs. But for me, I love that and would really like to see some of these customizable elements become more user friendly. Not only would that make things a bit more efficient on my end, but it might also make the experience less daunting or confusing.

venkatasivaram
GIS QA SPECIALIST in India
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers

GIS and what are the benefits of ARCGIS-ESRI suite of Tools

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing Worked for companies in India, USA, then back for Government clients in India, Oman, Dubai, europe and likewise. All the best with your search for a good GIS software.

ESRI, Thank you since 1980s, ESRI has been a terrific performer, in Geospatial, Geotechnical, Geology, Government, Utilities, Transportation and Logistics, IT enablement. 1. ESRI is a high-end solutions and capabilities provider, their software can handle all kinds of requirements in LBS, Spatial Statistics, Data mining with GIS, Market Research with GIS, Geodatabases and likewise. 2. Pros in Information Technology world are primarily ArcPy, GIS consulting solutions for IT companies, main competitors Hexgon, General electric and others like IDRSI, ERDAS, SICAD, Transcad, Open gis platforms like Quantum GIS are weak and not customer specific. 3. Return on Investment, ROI from ArcGIS, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcLogistics and solutions is good. Customization is excellent, their data models and work is exemplary in GIS world. 4. Licensing for Govt, Utilities, others is pricy as one would expect, but what can one do, customer support is good. Licensing is a major con. 5. GIS from ESRI-America is the dream for the Geographers, Engineers and other geospatial professionals to work with. ESRI internships all around the world. Also, it is used by Planners, Urban etc.

Major Con: 1. ESRI is offering startups a free licensing for using it for GIS startups for one year. not enough. 2. Major con is license and training cost for young graduates around the world.

Exson
Exson
Director de Linea de Procesos OBPP in Venezuela

Tool for the planning, execution, and monitoring of actions with criteria on the territory.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Is a program that has been very useful for the administration and planning of geographical and spatial problems in the process of georeferencing the projects financed in the 8 years of development of the organization. georeferencing the territory of each project helps us make decisions adjusted to the dynamics of the territory. each of the actions that the organization applies uses arcgis to approach the territory.

I like it because it helps me to develop the planning activities of the approach of the territory I require for the fulfillment of my work functions. ArcGIS helps me to visualize, manage, edit, calculate, analyze entities and georeferenced attributes of the financed projects of a productive nature in my work. Another aspect that I like about ArcGis is the use of the ArcCatalog, which allows to search and make effective operations, facilitating the link with Servers of databases, GIS Servers, database, WMS servers, and Internet and intranet connection. I find it easy to use, it has an excellent interface and multiple geoprocessing tools. I like the presentation of the cartography.

I do not like it to be a software with high costs. On the other hand, it requires a computer with a very high installed capacity to execute the tools in an easy way. In the area of authematic cartography, I believe that the options to work with greater ease should be strengthened with graphics to represent the variables of the maps. I am worried that the program with the updates demands greater requirements of the computer where it is installed, so that all the tools work optimally, which can generate incomplimiento of the work delay before the delay of the run of the information. the fact that it requires constant investments to enhance computers requires that the company must continually invest resources, being in some cases impossible, as it can harm the performance of the organization.

Jacob
Director of Operations in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Online Map User

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS is really the only product that competes well in the outdoor map market for large amounts of data. There are some improvements we would like to see, but for a company that large, this might be unreasonable. You kind of get what you get, since they are the only show in town.

ESRI is the big dog when it comes to digital maps. We use these a lot to map our facilities and specifically our underground utilities. This is the best product on the market. The only competitor might be AutoDesk, but even that doesn't compete. It is a very functional product and can contain all the information we need.

Sometimes when you load some of the basemap images that software can really slow down. Also the zoom function for the online database interaction can be a little glitchy at times. A lot of these can be fixed by changing some of the detail settings, but that can take some digging to find. The company is so big, that if you have a question; you are not likely to get ahold of anyone. You are better off to look up videos on youtube or try posting questions on forums.

Founder, CEO in Namibië
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers

ArcGIS, Industry Leader GIS Software

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used ArcGIS most of my life, from my study time at university to my work in the academic sector. One can't run away from the fact ArcGIS offers the most complete and advanced tools that one can ever find in any GIS software and for that, no other software can compete with it.

ArcGIS is by far the industry leader when it comes to the world of GIS and offers an extensive array of functionalities and tools that no other GIS software can offer.

It is proprietary and quite costly to get a licence. It is least likely to be used by small to medium companies. Only government institutions and universities that can afford the huge licencing costs.

Zavud
Master Student in Duitsland
Milieudiensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review on ArcGIS

5,0 4 jaar geleden

I have been using ArcGIS for a year now. I am a master student studying Environmental Sciences and in this field it is very important to be able to work with geographic information systems. Although I learned a few similar software, I prefer working on ArcGIS when I have to work with maps and geographic information. The reason why I prefer ArcGIS to the other similar software is it is easier to learn as a beginner (from my personal experience). In our department at my university, we sometimes have to create maps or work with mapped information. I like how easy it is to add different geographic data collected from different sources in order to make comparisons. The software enables you to create your own map layout providing you with various features and designs. I usually work with environmental maps showing the ecological problems on my map layout for my research projects. If you design your final map properly making use of the features ArcGIS provides you with, you can make your final output look very good and simple to be understood by even people who are not professionally ArcGIS users.

As a student I am allowed to use the computers that have ArcGIS with its license at my university and its libraries. However, I cannot use it on my personal PC at home or wherever I am, since the software is extremely unaffordable for an average student I believe. What I also dislike about the software is it gives me a lot of errors when I work with larger scale while I do not get my results have as many errors when I work with smaller scales.

Engineer in Sri Lanka
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers

ArcGIS the best

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS can use to setup boundaries for rainfall catchments. So that it helps to run rainfall-runoff models and predict whether flood can occur or not. So that, ArcGIS plays a major role as a supporting software for hydrological modeling softwares like HEC-HMS & Mike 11.

ArcGIS is one of the best software that most civil engineers used atleast once in their life. It can easily download from internet. ArcGIS having user friendly interface wich beginner also easily handle the software too. Best thing about it is we can setup catchment boundaries of any specific area by easily using Digital Elevation Map(DEM). Using this we can easily get information about ground elevation, soil type of the area and much more information about the specific area that we concern about.

ArcGIS uses some amount of storage usage within the computer. Also it use some memory in the computer too. Also to setup boundaries, you must aware about the software quiet extent.

Mike
Creative Director in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Sophisticated map-making

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have very specific features that I need to show in a map. With ArcGis I am able to customize my maps as much as I like.

Easily imports my .csv data or gis shapefiles. Offers a variety of basemaps including Open Street Map and Natl. Geographic. You don't have to depend on Google maps. Converts to a file that can be read and worked on in Adobe Illustrator. Necessary for tweaking maps. Doesn't seem too demanding on resourses. Customer service has been great. One fellow took nearly an hour with me on the phone getting me up to speed.

Steep learning curve. Confusing credit system. Essentially, you start out with 500 credits in my case. Every time you make an inquiry of their database, you get dinged. I used one of the ArcGis tutorials and saw my credit usage go through the roof. Called cust. service and they explained that was the issue. When I make a route, changing the type of line is a pain and there may not be a solution. You will learn that there are lots of hidden tools under " ... " on most menu choices.

Sr Cognos Developer, Administrator in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Powerful Feographical Mapping and Integration tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We created a lot of Spatial files in different formats for analysing the count data (Demographic data) for economic analysis, Housing, Unemployment benefits and many more. The spatial files were used to create State Map with different counties and congressional districts for analysis that are used in Tableau and Power BI be

The biggest asset of this software is that we can create the custom territory maps with different layers of the data for perfect analysis. We can create multiple layers of the maps using different geographical coordinates and has the ability to save the images in different formations (.shp files, Topjson, SVG..). It integrates well with Power BI and Tableau tools.

The license of the software is very expensive. The interface of the software is very difficult for users who are using for the first time. It is a Computer RAM intensive software (You need to have more powerful machines)

Kyo
GIS Technician in Canada
Mijnbouw en metalen, 2-10 werknemers

Great GIS Software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I like the ability to format and being able to change the symbology. And generally feel that they make a very good looking maps compared to other, non-premium GIS software.

The price tag Esri offers for the ArcGIS suite is a bit high for what it offers. And I am not a huge fan of their licensing options and to its extensions (adds up)

Brian
Brian
Director of Technology Services in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

Excellent Product - ArcGIS Enterprise

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We wanted to use ArcGIS Enterprise because we recently purchased an asset management software and wanted to be able to use the work order system in the field and since we are already an enterprise client we wanted to leverage it to the fullest.

We really like being able to have our Enterprise Portal look and act like ArcGIS Online. Once we got the environment set up, working in it was almost the same as ArcGIS Online.

They have an out of the box setup for one machine. I almost wish we would have gone that route, but we wanted to future proof it and put the different modules on different servers. That made setup a little more difficult.

Juan Andrés
Juan Andrés
PhD Student in VS
Milieudiensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Most widespread paid GIS software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After 3 years of use, I find ArcGIS and the ESRI family of products an extremely effective tool for the storage, processing, analysis, modeling, visualization, and distribution of spatial data.

It's extensive functionalities for the advanced use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), in the different forms available from ESRI (i.e., ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online services).

It is a paid software, which makes it compete with a myriad of other free and open-source software (FOSS) that would do the work just as fine... however, the tradeoff is that FOSS doesn't provide the same speed and consistency in customer support.

Herpetology GIS Technician in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Powerful and Endless Capabilities

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I recommend ArcGIS for field biologists. This is a powerful software for collecting data in the field even without service. Create customized data forms with upload to Collector and sync with your phone. Drop the clipboard and endless hours of data entry. When you are done collecting in the field sync back, edit, and export your data to excel if desired.

ArcGIS is a very powerful software with a preset of tools. It does take some training and playing around to learn the setup and how the tools work. I love that the capabilities is endless. Remember simpler the better. If you can't do something with one of their tools you can often find commands online or write your own script.

There is a lack of function when you have media attachments to a set of data/table. For example, if you have a set of points with photo attachments there was no way to export the photos for File Manager with custom name or association to the points. It should at least be titles by the Object ID # instead it was a random name given by the initial phone. You also cannot export multiples photos. But the good New is I was able to write a script to make it all work for me.

GIS Analyst in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 501-1.000 werknemers

GIS Powerhouse but could use some updates

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS provides a suite of programs that create incredible map visuals and can integrate huge amounts of data or simple tables for different projects I work on.

ArcGIS is packed with tools for 2D and 3D, Raster and Vector, and small scall and large scale. It's tool set provide an incredible array of options to a trained user.

This software is very expensive and it's obvious ESRI is trying to make this a legacy product when it should be their biggest investment. It was a big disappointment that ESRI chose to only put python3 into ArcGIS Pro and left the ArcGIS suite alone. Once python2.7 becomes officially unsupported this program will be much less useful even after costing so much.

Partnership Management and Communications Intern in Vietnam
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best Mapping Software Out-there

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My use of ArcGIS has ranged from an academic setting - where I was trained to use the product - to using it for mapping water pipelines in the water utility industry. The software is incredibly effective and can handle just about any map product that someone wants to make. However, it does require time and effort to become a master of ArcGIS and it cannot be accomplished in a few hours.

If you can dream it up, ArcGIS allows you to do it. This software has every function imaginable. Plus, it's super easy to input and export data. One major thing that makes it the best software and the most widely used, is how easy it is to combine different maps together into one product. During graduate school, I worked on a map with a couple classmates combining data to create a map of Nigeria that featured hospital locations, sites of conflict, and areas of concern for food security. We had an incredibly easy time inserting all the data, generating a map that looked how we wanted it to look, and correctly labeling all the different pieces of information.

You need to know what you're doing before you use this software. Make sure to either watch some YouTube videos, invest in a textbook that teaches you how to use the software, or hire an individual who has experience with the product in an academic or professional setting. While you really can do anything you want with the software, it does require some knowledge to be able to achieve the desired end result. If you forget how a certain function works, make sure to doube check how to do it and do not wing it because you can very easily mess up the map product (one classmate of mine did this and deleted her entire map that took three months to build).