Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over ArcGIS

Online en lokale oplossing die bedrijven helpt met gegevensbeheer, voorspellende modellen, geocodering, planning en meer.

Meer informatie over ArcGIS

Arcgis also functions very greatly in that it integrates very well with other software like google earth.

ArcGIS is prone to crashes and does not do a good job explaining the errors. Often the crash is a result of low memory, but this is not fully identified by the software.

Beoordelingen van ArcGIS

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

ArcGIS heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 498 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je ArcGIS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (498)

Rachel
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

History teacher heaven!

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Bintang
Bintang
Graduate Trainee in Indonesië
Mijnbouw en metalen, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Function and Facilty Tools of Arcgis

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: These software has allowed me to undestand the concept of geostatistical analysist.
And also these software has allowed me to achieve my degree in bachelor of mining engineering.Such help like layouting map, analysis out put contour and another geospatial analysis.

Tool geostatistical, geospatial analysis

There in few of module to learning tools

Tora
Tora
IT Service Desk Lead in Japan
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers

Standard GIS software

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It plots customer information by area on the map and develops marketing strategies for each area. It is welcome that the picture of delivery and sales activities has arrived in the spring just by being able to visualize it on a map. It has functions that can be said to be indispensable and complementary services.

I find it attractive that you can create detailed maps and easily import and export GI data. We use it for regional marketing and product delivery optimization. GIS engine with the largest market share in the world. ArcGIS Desktop is a product that specializes in performing relatively advanced analysis on a PC and maintaining GIS data. Customization is also possible so that you can use it according to your business.

The key thing is that the program is pretty heavy in that it can create detailed data. It's hard to move freely, depending on the PC specs. I think there is a trade-off between performance and dose, so I can't say I have to, but if I can move it a little more lightly, I have no complaints.

Nathan
Nathan
Environmental Scientist in VS
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

I use ArcMap daily, but almost always as a part of my overall editing flow.

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It makes the start of very pretty maps, sometimes. I almost always generate base layers here, and then export them into illustrator/photoshop to do actual final renders.

The styling guides are better than any other options out there - once you can learn to navigate the byzantine menus. I've used QGIS, Globalmapper, AutoCad, and Microstation, and maps just look better in ArcMap than in any others -it's made for creating display mapping. I know that there are other programmatic things you can do, but for my workflow, I use it almost exclusively for building maps for display.

The menus are silly that you have to go that far down a rabbit hole, processing is a nightmare (especially with messy geometry), and I used to (until I quit trying altogether) find myself trying a processing task in ArcMap, watching it fail, and then trying it again in GlobalMapper/QGIS and it would do fine. Processing is a very weak point in ArcMap, at least from my perspective.

Rita
research technician in Portugal
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers

The best GIS tool to have

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, after using othe GIS software, ArcGIS is by far the best software in this area.

I appreciate how easy and user-friendly ArcGIS has gotten in recent years, which makes the experience more enjoyable for everyone. Nowadays I only work with geodatabase which allows me to work with a simpler interface.

I still have some difficulty with layouts because it still makes me explore every single feature. It isn't quick to obtain good layouts with legend.

Brian
Assistant Utilities Director in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 11-50 werknemers

Utility mapping on both the desktop and mobile devices

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our mobile workforce has become significantly more efficient due to the ArcGIS platform and the systems that we have built upon its frameworks. ArcGIS has become a core piece of our business and our daily operations, and we continue to increase its use and integration with other systems.

ArcGIS continues to evolve as a product as our needs grow as a customer. We are moving away from desktop-based GIS, with nearly all employees now using mobile devices as their primary tool to access our utility mapping data. ArcGIS Online has made this available, and we continue to grow our mobile offerings, though the AGOL platform still allows us numerous areas for us to continue to explore and utilize to improve our field workflows. Numerous samples, test applications, etc. are provided by ESRI to get you started, and since they're the industry leader, there are tons of real-world examples of the software in use that are available to the public.

ArcGIS is an enormously complex software platform, with tons of automation and analysis tools available. However online documentation can be difficult to find, and is frequently written in ways that require an in-depth understanding of the systems. Prerequisite setup steps aren't always included in the documentation, instead it's often written with some assumptions in mind. Setups completed by other employees can be difficult to troubleshoot because of these assumptions in the documentation. The robustness of the platform can also lead to additional steps for end users, as they have to work through options that aren't relevent to them, but cannot be hidden from their view. One such example is just the login screen to the AGOL mobile apps causes our users frequent struggles as they can't remember the sequence of steps to get to the organization login. There should be increased administrator options available to simplify/restrict options available to the end user.

timothy
Database Administrator in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent mapping software for the patient.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After about 100 hours of being hopelessly lost in the menus, import/export functions, and display properties, an average user will probably be able to impress their colleagues with a tidy and professional display of 2-d or 3-d data in a relevant map background, which very few other freeware programs are capable of creating.

With enough time and interest, the features available for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro are brilliant and all-encompassing. Using raw map datums and a collection of information allows users to expertly display any sort of 2-d grid on any map projection with tons of custom options for audience display.

The learning curve is very steep and the complexity of the software is overwhelming to new users. The number of navigable menus and sub-menus in the home screen of the project can be exhausting to figure out without doing everything incorrectly the first time. This is NOT the Microsoft Powerpoint of data display.

Noam
Founder in VS
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

A Comprehensive Review of ArcGIS:

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Despite its drawbacks, ArcGIS is an incredibly powerful GIS software that is packed with features and is perfect for both experienced GIS professionals and newcomers alike. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use and its expansive library of tools and features make it an invaluable tool for anyone working with geographic data.

Positive Aspect Review: ArcGIS is an incredibly powerful, user-friendly GIS software that has been around for decades. It is packed with features, such as mapping, analysis, data visualization, and much more. It is also very easy to use and is perfect for both experienced GIS professionals and newcomers alike.

However, ArcGIS can be quite expensive, and its steep learning curve may discourage some users. Additionally, its user interface can be quite complex and unintuitive at times.

Dave
Dave
Information Technology Systems Administrator in VS

ArcGIS Suite - Extremely Powerful

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our field crews and engineering staff couldn't function without it. Out utilities assets with all of their attributes are on our digital maps. On it we document structures attributes, condition over time, maintenance schedules, and even hyperlink photo and video inspections to each asset. Invaluable information no further away than a click of a button, no matter where in our world that you are!

Extremely powerful software with a tool for just about anything you could think of to do with geographic data. "Smart Maps". Objects given geographic location and attributes of any kind that you want running in the background.

ELA agreement is extremely reasonable but for a private individual it could be cost prohibitive. I believe they are working on a different license model for home users but would have to check on it.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Review based a decades usage

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Exceptional

Wonderful interface, speed and ease of usage, useful and we'll designed tools. A strong userbase and Community resources.

Supports windows only. If the desktop platform made available to Linux OS users it can be more reachable to world.

khaled
customer service agent in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers

ArcGIS review from a long time use of it.

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Over ALL experience is really great and useful with this software I really like it and I can always update my works without any problem, it is a real time saver for me.

most of what I like about it is that I always can update and modify DATA easily without the need of recreating the whole project.

I do not like much the paid features for it is so expensive for me so I can not use it and enhance my work.

venkatasivaram
GIS QA SPECIALIST in India
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers

GIS and what are the benefits of ARCGIS-ESRI suite of Tools

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing Worked for companies in India, USA, then back for Government clients in India, Oman, Dubai, europe and likewise. All the best with your search for a good GIS software.

ESRI, Thank you since 1980s, ESRI has been a terrific performer, in Geospatial, Geotechnical, Geology, Government, Utilities, Transportation and Logistics, IT enablement. 1. ESRI is a high-end solutions and capabilities provider, their software can handle all kinds of requirements in LBS, Spatial Statistics, Data mining with GIS, Market Research with GIS, Geodatabases and likewise. 2. Pros in Information Technology world are primarily ArcPy, GIS consulting solutions for IT companies, main competitors Hexgon, General electric and others like IDRSI, ERDAS, SICAD, Transcad, Open gis platforms like Quantum GIS are weak and not customer specific. 3. Return on Investment, ROI from ArcGIS, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcLogistics and solutions is good. Customization is excellent, their data models and work is exemplary in GIS world. 4. Licensing for Govt, Utilities, others is pricy as one would expect, but what can one do, customer support is good. Licensing is a major con. 5. GIS from ESRI-America is the dream for the Geographers, Engineers and other geospatial professionals to work with. ESRI internships all around the world. Also, it is used by Planners, Urban etc.

Major Con: 1. ESRI is offering startups a free licensing for using it for GIS startups for one year. not enough. 2. Major con is license and training cost for young graduates around the world.

Exson
Exson
Director de Linea de Procesos OBPP in Venezuela

Tool for the planning, execution, and monitoring of actions with criteria on the territory.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Is a program that has been very useful for the administration and planning of geographical and spatial problems in the process of georeferencing the projects financed in the 8 years of development of the organization. georeferencing the territory of each project helps us make decisions adjusted to the dynamics of the territory. each of the actions that the organization applies uses arcgis to approach the territory.

I like it because it helps me to develop the planning activities of the approach of the territory I require for the fulfillment of my work functions. ArcGIS helps me to visualize, manage, edit, calculate, analyze entities and georeferenced attributes of the financed projects of a productive nature in my work. Another aspect that I like about ArcGis is the use of the ArcCatalog, which allows to search and make effective operations, facilitating the link with Servers of databases, GIS Servers, database, WMS servers, and Internet and intranet connection. I find it easy to use, it has an excellent interface and multiple geoprocessing tools. I like the presentation of the cartography.

I do not like it to be a software with high costs. On the other hand, it requires a computer with a very high installed capacity to execute the tools in an easy way. In the area of authematic cartography, I believe that the options to work with greater ease should be strengthened with graphics to represent the variables of the maps. I am worried that the program with the updates demands greater requirements of the computer where it is installed, so that all the tools work optimally, which can generate incomplimiento of the work delay before the delay of the run of the information. the fact that it requires constant investments to enhance computers requires that the company must continually invest resources, being in some cases impossible, as it can harm the performance of the organization.

Jacob
Director of Operations in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Online Map User

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS is really the only product that competes well in the outdoor map market for large amounts of data. There are some improvements we would like to see, but for a company that large, this might be unreasonable. You kind of get what you get, since they are the only show in town.

ESRI is the big dog when it comes to digital maps. We use these a lot to map our facilities and specifically our underground utilities. This is the best product on the market. The only competitor might be AutoDesk, but even that doesn't compete. It is a very functional product and can contain all the information we need.

Sometimes when you load some of the basemap images that software can really slow down. Also the zoom function for the online database interaction can be a little glitchy at times. A lot of these can be fixed by changing some of the detail settings, but that can take some digging to find. The company is so big, that if you have a question; you are not likely to get ahold of anyone. You are better off to look up videos on youtube or try posting questions on forums.

Politieke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers

Can't Live Without It

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Unparalled mapping features. Without a doubt if someone needs to create a map, I'll suggest ESRI. The platform allows analysis of data, different data projections, and gives the user a lot of freedom if they can write scripts. I'm just a regular, simple user who has built maps and analyzed spatial data. The tools that can be used for analysis are among the best and as far as I know, unavailable elsewhere. ESRI has truly built an empire in spatial analysis,

Over the years, ArcGIS has become much more intuitive to use. The availability of spatial data, free or not, has become huge, The biggest problems I have now are the size of the program -- it takes forever to load...well, maybe 5 minutes (it's networked). The other problem I have is in understanding how to do things. There is a Help file, but I've found Google search engines far more helpful. The good news? ESRI has been around so long and lots of people know it so well, answers to common questions can be easily found.

Andre
Andre
Contracting Officer in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 10.000+ werknemers

The Photoshop of Geospacial Data

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS (Global Information System) is a program I would highly recommend anyone to at least dabble with. It's 100% integrated with Google Maps and Google Earth. You can measure distance in real time, depth, the rise and fall of elevations. My experience with this program was nothing but exceptional! It greatly aided in my day-to-day tasks working for the Department of the Interior and the live customer service was a huge plus!

As the title suggests, this program is essential for anyone dealing with...well essentially anything related to land. As an employee of the Bureau of Land Management, this program was the backbone of plotting land boundaries, identifying leaps and bounds, mapping oil company property and even had the ability to provide three-dimensional down hole drilling perforations and depth intervals!

This program is not for the faint of heart. It does require a myriad of training modules to complete before you can start to see its full value. However, take heart as the modules are straight forward and step-by-step.

Manisha
Criminal Intelligence Officer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

ARCGIS for intelligence use

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience with ArcGIS is that it is effective for government agencies and allows you to submit intelligent reports that provide timely and up to date information for superiors that allow for fast action to be taken within the realm of policing.

What I liked most about this software was the ability to pin point geo crime hot spots. This feature allows you to input data points such as where previous crimes have occurred using x and y coordinates and will provide you with a hot spot location that allows you to see within what kilometre/mile radius these events are occurring in. Another benefit is the predictability feature that tells you where a crime might occur next and within what radius.

Least liked thing about the software is if you make one mistake in entering your data for your x and y coordinates it will fail to output any information, I wish this process was easier such as on google my maps application.

Rob
Rob
Senior Consultant in Australië

ArcGIS

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use this software everyday for all of my spatial analysis needs.

I like the power this software provides for data and spatial analysis. The latest versions include the most popular data analysis python libraries.

The cost of this software is prohibitive for many organisations. There are free open source alternatives (e.g. QGIS) which offer many of the same features which may be more attractive to small organisations.

Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Powerful Feographical Mapping and Integration tool

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We created a lot of Spatial files in different formats for analysing the count data (Demographic data) for economic analysis, Housing, Unemployment benefits and many more. The spatial files were used to create State Map with different counties and congressional districts for analysis that are used in Tableau and Power BI be

The biggest asset of this software is that we can create the custom territory maps with different layers of the data for perfect analysis. We can create multiple layers of the maps using different geographical coordinates and has the ability to save the images in different formations (.shp files, Topjson, SVG..). It integrates well with Power BI and Tableau tools.

The license of the software is very expensive. The interface of the software is very difficult for users who are using for the first time. It is a Computer RAM intensive software (You need to have more powerful machines)

Raju
Assistant Professor in India
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

ArcGIS: Advantages and Limitations

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS is a powerful and comprehensive GIS software that can handle various types of data and analysis. However, it may not be suitable for everyone due to its high cost, steep learning curve, and hardware requirements.

It is a great tool for GIS. Some advantages are like-1. Comprehensive and versatile GIS software that can handle various types of data and analysis.2. Provides a wide range of tools and features for mapping, geocoding, spatial analysis, and data visualization.3. Offers various extensions and plugins for specialized workflows and functions.4. Supports interoperability with other GIS and data formats, making it easier to integrate with other systems.5. Offers robust online and mobile capabilities for sharing and collaborating on geospatial data.

Expensive and may require a significant investment for licensing and training. Steep learning curve for beginners, especially those with limited GIS experience

Eduardo
Eduardo
Analista Programador de Sistemas in Venezuela

Simply the best of its kind!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: An indispensable tool to work every day in my business, helping to manage all my spatial information quickly and easily for all my employees..

It provides an extensive possibility of resources for the spatial analysis of data. With this tool you can create, consult and analyze in a very easy way your data in the territory, combining layers easy and fast and obtain new information from that data. Amazing compatibility with most used formats and the best for analyse interpolation of data values in the space

Maybe the license, ArcGIS forces you to connect to a license to perform certain geoprocessing operations. Therefore, although it has a good geoprocessing framework, solid and broad, its license level determines which tools can be used in this tool

Parag Jyoti
Parag Jyoti
Assistant Professor (S-3) in India
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 201-500 werknemers

ArcGIS: My old trusted friend

Opmerkingen: Distribution Network Analysis for Marketing of Fertilizer
The company’s marketing strategy coupled with spatial and attribute data enabled us to simulate the market in ArcGIS for the identification of the most suited distribution Network.
By combining ArcGIS with workflow and a messaging system, we have automated a large portion of the marketing operation. Using reports on expenditures and success rates per location, the number of staff members is then estimated with ArcGIS and forwarded to the management for review.

Most intuitive GIS Clutter-free menus Bug-free algorithms Research-oriented design Built on a best-in-class database engine Documented guidance for every feature and option Never fails to deliver

Should have been free for students Should have minimum pricing for academia

Civiele techniek, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

GIS User

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service is good although not always quick.

Functionality is the thing I look for most while using a GIS software and ESRI's ArcGIS has that hands down. No where else will you find such a user friendly software to edit maintain and analyze spatial data. I've been in the field for over 6 years and have exclusively used ESRI products. Yes, I've also always worked at places that can afford the hefty license fee - however in my opinion it's worth every penny for the analysis the software can perform.

Cost is quite expensive and many smaller government and non professionals cannot afford it. On the plus side they have a great student rate option!

Matthew
PhD Researcher in VK
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Robust but expensive

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ArcGIS is the go to for everything geospatial. If you have access to a licence. It can interact with a wide range of workflows, and rarely is there a geographic analysis that ArcGIS cannot solve.

ArcGIS offers a full suite of various programs for working with geographical data, ArcScene, ArcView, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro. If you have a need, ArcGIS can solve it.

The annual licence for ArcGIS is extremely expensive. If you are willing to put in the extra time, you can find free alternatives that fit within your workflow. For example, QGIS, if you need a GUI, or Python if you or a team member are comfortable coding.

Thomas
Project Manager in VS
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

ArcGIS for Surveying

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Best GIS software available

Interfaces with GPS units for easy data collection and importing. Online maps enable you to see what is being collected in near real-time. Near infinite options on how to present and display data.

Cannot interface with total station for data collection (from what I can tell). Occasional software crash with no auto-save.

Research Assistant in Zambia
Research, 11-50 werknemers

Most Powerful and Complete Mapping Tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I first used ArcGIS during an internship at the Department of National Parks and Wild Life where I was a Research Assistant. We used ArcGIS to create maps from GPS points the Wild Life Police Officers obtained during routine Wildlife Monitoring routines. ArcGIS made this kind of work very easy even though I had to be trained for me to be able to use it. Then I used ArcGIS for my dissertation project. I used it to create a map for my study area, form grid lines and formulate and select sampling points. ArcGIS made my research look professional and presentable

Esri's ArcGIS has the best features, options and functionality when it comes to scaling, geoprocessing, and topology. Its cartographic capabilities when it comes to printing maps is also very good. I also love the fact that now ArcGIS has introduced ArcGIS online for web maps and mobile phone apps

ArcGIS is quite expensive especially for individual use. The only best way to get value for money is to buy as an organization.