Parallels Mac Management reviews

4,2 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,6 /5

Over Parallels Mac Management

Mac Management voor Microsoft SCCM - Beheer Mac met Microsoft SCCM op dezelfde manier als Windows-pc's. Volledig levenscyclusbeheer van macOS.

Meer informatie over Parallels Mac Management

40 reviews worden weergegeven

Kelly H.
Attorney
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2020

"Parallels Lets Me Liaison With The Windows World From My Mac"

Opmerkingen: I've been extremely satisfied with Parallels and have recommended it to several colleagues in my same situation.

Pluspunten: I like that Parallels allows me to use Windows based software (in particular WordPerfect) that is not available for Mac.

Minpunten: I've used Parallels for almost 14 years. Over the years, it has become easier to install and update than in the earliest years of my usage. It still is not entirely intuitive - there are times when I find it a little cumbersome to get my most-used program up and running.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2020
Mike W.
Manager of Learning Technology Solutions
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2017

"Quick, easy, access to windows applications in an equally simple Installation"

Opmerkingen: Ability to continue using windows tools that I have used regularlyin windows environments while working with a more reliable Mac Computer.

Pluspunten: I have been an avid user of iParallels 11 and just upgraded to version 13. For the past couple years I have had no issues with running the windows operating system, products and applications side by side with OS sierra. The product makes working in both environments nearly seamless. For those who love added extras, version 13 comes with several tools for the MAC that are useful for various screen capture, video capture, audio capture purposes. Tons of neat tools and a great option for running a windows environment on a mac. A double-win.

Minpunten: It is difficult to find something to not like about this software. It's takes a minimal amount of space and works great. Sometimes, while using version 11, and Mac OS Sierra, I would lose cohesiveness and be kicked into window mode.

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2017
Mordechai R.
Creator & Publisher
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017

"I find it laggy and clunky and hard to keep running smoohtly"

Pluspunten: It's great that I can run windows on my mac. It allows me access to more software.

Minpunten: I'm amazed at how poorly the implementation is. The bloatware and the attempts to get me to buy all kinds of external packages. Further, I find their installation policy outrageous. That I need to pay to have them keep a copy of my license for repeated downloads to the same machine. I've basically given up. It's cheaper to buy a PC and run it as a server.

• Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017
Senior Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-11-2020

"Parallels Mac Management is very good"

Opmerkingen: A pretty good product which has helped us internally a lot

Pluspunten: I like the fact that this was created so we can manage mac's iPhone and ipads in a logical and useful way.

Minpunten: The software does have some limitations however we are working with them to see if we can get some of these improvised and they seem very interested in helping us.

• Beoordeeld op 23-11-2020
Product Application Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"Great tool for running Windows on your mac"

Opmerkingen: Crucial applications that are only available for Windows can be used easily with Parallels. The Tools that come with it make it easy to customize from an IT perspective as well - e.g. deciding what features and functionality should be available in Windows vs those only available on the Mac OS side.

Pluspunten: Makes using Windows on the mac really really easy. The integration allows file access between mac/windows really easily as well.
Windows feels and works just like normal.

Minpunten: It's annoying that the software update that happens every year comes with additional cost. I've gotten used to the free OS upgrades from Apple, but then to have to pay to upgrade Parallels every year for the new version that best supports the new OS...this cost just feels so...Windowsy :)

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Karen M.
Research student
  • Beoordeeld op 3-7-2018

"Parallels and all its applications are the best for virtual machine use and management for OS"

Opmerkingen: I install a lot of engineer applications that are only in Windows.

Pluspunten: I have been using Parallels since 2011 and I would say that is the best tool for have virtual machines in your MAC. Last year I paid 40 dollars for the full version of Parallels 12 and I have nothing to regret. It is very easy to use, and is like you have a Windows and not a virtual machine. This software also comes with other tools that improve its functionality, I would recommend Parallels to anyone.

Minpunten: The software is memory consuming. I bought a SSD and also upgrade the RAM to 16 GB and I work in my MAC from late 2011 perfectly.

• Beoordeeld op 3-7-2018
Head Assistant - International Student and Scholar Services
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2019

"Easy installation - Not user friendly"

Opmerkingen: Generally good experience, once the users are qualified and trained.

Pluspunten: We have used parallels in some of our Macs for years, the installation process is very easy and we have had interns taking care of it.

Minpunten: Parallels itself has not always been user friendly. Some of our more tenured Mac users have struggled using it and we have had to train them on it, which has represented a cost for the company.

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2019
Dean of the R365 Academy
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019

"I'd choose Parallels over VMWare Fusion every day of the week!"

Pluspunten: I used VMWare Fusion for several years before finally giving in and trying Parallels at the recommendation of some colleagues. I wish I had started with Parallels from day one. The user experience and feature set is far superior to Fusion, and it just looks nice. If you have a need to run Windows on your Mac, do it with Parallels.

Minpunten: Cost. As always, great software comes at a price. I wish that this software was a little cheaper to offset the Windows licenses you have to purchase in conjunction with this software.

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019
Shane M.
Web Designer
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019

"Necessary for our workflow"

Opmerkingen: Before we got Parallels, we were using a separate Windows computer for one specific program. As our team grew and we needed space in our office, we transitioned to getting an external SSD and making a copy of that computer on it. Now with Parallels, we don't need a separate computer or workstation just to use that one program.

Pluspunten: Being able to use niche software that is only available for Windows on our Mac computers.

Minpunten: Running Parallels (or any Virtual Machine for that matter) can use a lot of processing power. There's not much that can be done about that, though, unless you boot up the other operating system from Boot Camp.

• Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019
Carlos eduardo D.
Co-Founder
  • Beoordeeld op 14-11-2017

"A very important tool in my work"

Pluspunten: Can't stress enough how Parallels helps my company get our job done, since it helps us test our websites and applications on Windows in a easy way.

Minpunten: Maybe it could be simpler to use and less intrusive from the get go, since it creates desktop shortcuts and assumes that I want to have each windows app as a new window on Mac.

• Beoordeeld op 14-11-2017
Jose B.
IT MANAGER
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-11-2017

"We use this software to manage the virtual machines that we have in our XSERVE"

Opmerkingen: We have virtual machines running, with a very good stability with a minimum investment in licenses and services. It adapts well to platform changes.

Pluspunten: I like that it is very simple to use. It is a software that makes good use of the resources of the hardware it has. The stability is amazing, we have placed several virtual machines to work and the software behaves well, distributes the resources in a good way. The administration works very well from VPN.

Minpunten: The support is limited. The server version has not advanced further. Sometimes when I take control of the virtual machine via console, this fails, the screen goes black. The configuration details can be confusing.

• Beoordeeld op 23-11-2017
Yezid M.
Network and IT Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018

"Parallels MAC Management is my easy VM admin interface, very stable"

Pluspunten: Centralized Admin GUI to manage the entire platform, to get information about hardware, software implemented, their licenses. A good tool to control and monitor PCs, MAC and Virtual Machines because of its features. Our network has MAC and Windows computers, and this software is usefull to manage and monitor

Minpunten: Sometimes, my software get crash suddenly, and the only way to get it up and running again is to restart it. This crashes occurs when I try to mange a new computer, I guess is a performance bug. By now its my centralized MAC admin gui with no mayor fails.

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018
Joel H.
CTO
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2017

"Parallels for the Mac is a mandatory application for productivity"

Opmerkingen: Ability to create multiple virtual machines on a single piece of hardware. There is also the very useful feature of running Coherence mode with two operating systems running concurrently.

Pluspunten: You can boot windows or Mac. Or, you can run a virtual machine in Coherence mode. This creates a lot of utility for the user.

Minpunten: It can be difficult to migrate a boot disk on Mac. However, this isn't really a problem with Parallels so much as a wish for easier functionality around creating a bootcamp disk.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2017
Cheri G.
Office manager
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019

"HElpful especially for mobile offices"

Pluspunten: This software has allowed our employees to log into their work computers from different locations. Allows people to work from home, or abroad. Also does not eat up space on each computer- allows for the space to be shared by all users.

Minpunten: Because it is connected through the internet- if internet is slow, then the processor runs slowly as well. Must make-sure there is good internet connection.

• Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019