AppFolio Property Manager reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over AppFolio Property Manager

De complete softwareoplossing voor vastgoedbeheer om je werkdag te stroomlijnen en te zorgen dat jij je kunt richten op je bedrijfsresultaten.

Meer informatie over AppFolio Property Manager

1.534 reviews worden weergegeven

Joe P.
Executive Vice-President
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019

"#1 single-family residential PM software"

Opmerkingen: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

Pluspunten: It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

Minpunten: The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

• Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019
Yan S.
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Great product and really terrible support"

Opmerkingen: It is a tough call because the product is good. We migrated from Yardi and don't regret it BUT if I knew how weak the support team and the nightmare that we would have (for 7 months we couldn't reconcile bank accounts and the "boarding team" simply vanished) I would most likely have stayed with Yardi.

Pluspunten: The software is definetly the right product. It is intuitive and very easy to use. Having used Yardi for 10+ years this product is simply outstanding. It is definitely not even close to what you can do in Yardi, but for 90% of what most of us do, it is allot easier and quicker then Yardi.

Minpunten: The company is suffering from a very bad support team. When they sell you the product it almost seems that these guys mastered the art of eSupport and you can solve problems with a click. This couldn't further from the truth. For most of the "how to" problems they are quick to respond and usually send you a quick article on how to. The problem becomes when you have a real problem, like late fees simply not posting the correct amounts at the wrong dates, or bank account balances don't add up...in general bigger problems call for a "we will put our head in the sand and hope it goes away" mentality.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Carol H.
Principal, Controller
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2020

"A must for property managment"

Opmerkingen: Great

Pluspunten: Saves time, is accurate, superb tracking cash, tenants, owners

Minpunten: The cash reports such as balance sheet and income statement are not laid out well. The last companywe used, Yardi, had that well done.

Tara D.
Residential Property Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018

"Sad to be looking elsewhere."

Opmerkingen: Initially, I was thrilled with Appfolio. They had live support, and same day follow up calls when submitting tickets. Suggestions on the user forum were implemented, or at the very least, were updated by Appfolio so we knew they were aware and cared. None of that anymore, but we are regularly being innundated with value added junk that we can pay for if we want it or obscure improvements that seem pretty specialized/not broadly impactful. Meetups, etc. are heavily geared toward sales/recruitment and have virtually no value for current clients. I was fine with shrugging my shoulders as this is often how things go with growing companies, but looking completely unprofessional to my tenants/owners due to unreliable email/text, suppressed fee accounting/commingling problems (that are legit problems, not user error), and confusing owner statements have me in talks to switch. Property managers are dealing with stigma to start with - I don’t need my management software making my company look unreliable/unprofessional/untrustworthy on top of it. Not to mention - I dread having to explain during a state audit why income is “suppressed” from owner reporting.

Pluspunten: Extremely easy to navigate/train employees to use, tenant rent payment/owner contributions are free with ACH, application-move in flow is smooth, mobile app works well, available property postings look great on my website.

Minpunten: Suppressed fees amount to commingling, and that is so bad. It could easily be resolved and the idea has lots of votes in the forum yet it remains unaddressed. Not to mention, suppressed application fees can be passed on to an owner before you need to refund the fee depending on the timing and that leads to a nightmare of accounting, and having to explain to an owner why you are unprofessionally having to withhold the money in the next month. I tried to get help from support to no avail (it was repeatedly blown off as user error) so then I started going to their live meetups when they came to town begging for help from support in person to make it clear it is not user error. That led to more dissmissal from user support as being due to user error, so I finally said I wasn’t taking no for an answer. After talking to tons of people, I finally got a support person who understood what I was saying, and all they could offer was a VERY time consuming work-around. The integrated email/text feature often fails and does not notify you that it failed causing huge problems. Notification emails when a lead inquires have started being unreliable. If tenants wait too long to respond to an email I sent via appfolio, they are told the thread has expired. Since every email sent from appfolio is sent from a different spammy looking email address, I get frustrated tenants asking which of the 15 email addresses they should use to reach me. Owner statements are confusing to owners.

van AppFolio op 21-8-2018

Hello Tara, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We understand your frustration and we are glad that you were able to talk through these items with one of the managers on our Customer Success Team. Based on your business practices, not consistently paying our your suppressed fees seems to have caused an issue with your owner's statements. We hope, after speaking with a manager, you will be able to establish a good cadence of paying these in order to avoid error in the future. We take our client feedback seriously and take all of it into consideration when building and improving new features. We hope you will stick with us and continue to provide this vital feedback.

• Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018
Corinne S.
Managing Member Code Management
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-3-2020

"Only one complaint"

Opmerkingen: I love the software, I hate how much it cost me. Please adjust for the small end user

Pluspunten: Easse of use and how everything is tied in from advertising the unit to renting it, leasing and collecting the rent then finally moving them out :)

Minpunten: Cost, I think it is too expensive. I do not understand why when you have more and more users my bill keeps going up. for God's sake scottie send this small business owner a line..we are drowning in the cost but can't compete without the software....so I pay..

• Beoordeeld op 17-3-2020
Jon G.
Realtor - Property Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"Powerful - Easy to Use and Learn"

Opmerkingen: AppFolio has been able to streamline and give so much more efficiency for day to day operations that we're able to scale our business at a much more dramatic pace.

Pluspunten: The all encompassing ability to power a website to sophisticated accounting, maintenance controls, tenant/owner communications is all at your fingertips anywhere with a mobile device or computer.

Minpunten: If you're not a seasoned bookkeeper and you're managing somewhat sophisticated accounting of properties, you can dig yourself a hole real quick.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Hi Jon, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know transitions to any new software solution can be tough and we're glad you chose AppFolio to streamline your business!

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Brett W.

"simple and sweet "

Opmerkingen: its a quality software that solves all areas of property management from advertising to web integration for leasing, maintenance, paying rent, turnover, vendors, insurance, etc. nothing is 100% but Appfolio is darn close, you wont be disappointed you can run your entire business from your cell phone! I Do...
whats not to Love...

Pluspunten: cloud based the information quick and its easy to access with in the program our entire staff works with it

Minpunten: all software has limitations we do not get some of the information we would like out of some reports but that is with all software, the ability to come up to speed with changes and updates, reading is the only way you will find out about them... there in little to no customer support in that area of training no videos or guides....

Julie H.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2020

"Coldwell Banker Danforth Property Management"

Pluspunten: Ease of use for everyone involved in our property management business--ownership, management, staff, external property managers.
AF stays ahead of the market and proactively provides solutions.
Customers input matters to AF.

Minpunten: Would like a way to see what tenants and association homeowners see on their end to help troubleshoot portal issues.

Sonya L.

"Extremely User Friendly"

Pluspunten: Ease of use and online payments and maintenance request is the most impactful. Is was an easy set up.

Minpunten: Not being able to reach customer service over the phone with an initial phone call.

Dede W.
Property Manager

"Absolutly Love Appfolio"

Pluspunten: The ease of use, the customer service provided for issues, the paperless features!

Minpunten: understanding the accounting flow with prepaid rents

Shawn C.

"Would recommend AppFolio"

Opmerkingen: Automated reporting, and records management for property managers is efficient and works well.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and understand at the site level in most respects. Reporting to various owners is automated. Includes free on line payments for our residents.

Minpunten: The marketing of vacant units to various advertisers was a real plus but this has gone downhill since we originally adopted use of AppFolio.

Sherry K.
Accounting Supervisor

"Appfolio Review"

Opmerkingen: I love Appfolio and how they always are trying to improve the software!

Pluspunten: Easy navigation throughout each piece. The leasing and accounting flows easily to the reporting. All of the pieces link very nicely.

Minpunten: The balance sheet sums all of the bank accounts into operating cash and escrow cash. It makes it hard to see individual bank account balances on the balance sheet. The late fee program is very laborious when dealing with 2000+ units and residents. The minimum fee bills on a unit even if you didn't collect income. There is a lot of work to make sure we don't bill when the unit is vacant.

Tj W.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2020

"Great Product but support has changed"

Opmerkingen: Most items have been great. The software meets most of our needs. The UI is great. The leasing call center was a disappointment on the time it took for our callers to get someone. So we had to move away from that service. Tech support was great for many years. I'm not sure if things have changed or staff is short but it takes longer and longer or no response at all when I put in a support request. When I started in 2010 it was almost instant service and or someone called and walk us through the problem we were having. Now its basically email-only tech support which is the same information that I can get from the help and training section and or no call or no email. I'm not sure what has happened over the last few years.

Pluspunten: ease of use, good ui, handles most of our issues in property management.

Minpunten: Suppressed fees and or items paid directly to the property management company first go to the property and creates extra work to correct each month. For instance application fees. The fees are paid to the property then repaid to the management company. Then if you have a reason to refund that fee it creates a diagnostic issue to refund back. Its just extra work that is not needed. If the fees were able to be paid directly to the management company and bypass the property all together it wouldn't make much difference.

Chelsey H.
Accounting Department
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2020

"Easy to use, no major flaws"

Opmerkingen: The experience has been amazing. Customer service is quick, and we were able to decrease the amount of physical checks in our business office by 50% in the first two years.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use of this software. It gives me so many options for reporting, investigating any issues, and my tenants love that they can pay online and request maintenance online as well. I love the look of it, it is modern without being gaudy.

Minpunten: I only wish that changing ownership for 1099 reporting was easier (IE partners that get monthly distributions but want the 1099 reported to the partnership name)

Marianne H.

"Streamlined Accounting"

Opmerkingen: Appfolio has streamlined Accounts Receivable. The lookup function is great, the ability to text is fantastic. Communicating with tenants is much easier.

Pluspunten: Flexibility and ease of use. It allows you to delete transactions and edit them. Great training videos and articles. Enhancements and updates are made regularly.

Minpunten: Inability to assign due dates on manual invoices and an easier override of monthly late charges, making the latter process quite laborious. My only other criticism is applying credits in the diagnostics panel. It should populate the fields and then let you edit. Instead you have to enter everything line by line.

Drew S.
Assistant Operations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 20-12-2019

"Amazing Property Manager for Small-to-Medium Companies"

Opmerkingen: The biggest issue my company had was advertising vacancies. We were relying on walk-in tenants, which has not been a good source for 5-10 years. AppFolio is one-click to post to multiple free websites and syncs with Apartments.com if your company goes that route. Ease of use and great training/help files will keep us with them for years to come.

Pluspunten: First and foremost, the value of the product. You get everything you need for cheaper than most of the other products out there. For my company, we transitioned from Buildium to AppFolio and instantly reaped the rewards. AppFolio provided us with an inexpensive company website, a quick and easy tool to post our vacancies to multiple websites, and great assistance during set-up.

Minpunten: I know some of the more expensive options offer more competitive pricing tools and a little more automation. Also, AppFolio had a few issues (like maintenance personnel not being able to see pictures on work orders using their mobile devices) that took AppFolio a while to start addressing.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Dear Drew, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy that your transition to AppFolio was a good one and that you are already reaping the benefit!

• Beoordeeld op 20-12-2019
Sarah D.
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2019

"Appfolio makes our business run smoothly!"

Opmerkingen: Appfolio adds so much value to the services we provide to our HOA clients. We wouldn't want to do business without it.

Pluspunten: Appfolio is so easy to use, both for us as managers and for homeowners using the portal. Appfolio has spent a great deal of time figuring out which features are the most beneficial and perfecting those features.

Minpunten: There are a few very minor technical things but I am sure they will get fixed as Appfolio is constantly making improvements.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Thanks, Sarah! We're so glad you are finding AppFolio easy to use with your HOA portfolio and look forward to continuing to partner with you!

• Beoordeeld op 17-12-2019
Cj A.
Accountant
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

"Very Nice Property Management Solution"

Opmerkingen: I have used Appfolio as a maintenance technician, property manager and now accountant for the whole portfolio and I have had a pretty easy time with it every step of the way. I would recommend to at least give it a try before selecting another software.

Pluspunten: Easy to use for users of all skill and job levels. Makes tracking Receivables and Payables very simple. Constantly being updated and enhanced with new features at no new cost (some do cost but the majority are free updates) Customer support is always quick to help and respond. I feel like I get the same support agent 95% of the time, which makes it feel comfortable and like a working relationship rather than some random customer support person every time.

Minpunten: Some of the editing and finer tuning options are lacking. (Example: not being able to rearrange line items on a bill or journal entry. You can only delete or add new to the bottom, no editing between without having to manually redo everything from the edit down.)

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Thanks, CJ. We appreciate you leaving us a review. We are constantly listening to your feedback to inform our product and we'll be sure to forward your feedback to our Product Team! It's great to hear that you are using AppFolio in all areas of your business.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019
Doug H.
Owner/Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 10-10-2019

"From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management"

Pluspunten: Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

Minpunten: The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

• Beoordeeld op 10-10-2019
Jessica R.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"Sketchy at first, but FELL IN LOVE!"

Opmerkingen: We have really grown to love Appfolio. It just simplifies life in the office and makes our job easier and allows us to be more efficient for our tenants.

Pluspunten: This software can literally do everything. It is a one stop shop. I got rid of 7 different (paid) programs and now have JUST Appfolio- which does the work of all of them.

Minpunten: There is nothing I dislike about the software except that they are still growing thus the functionality is still growing. I strongly disliked the "car salesman" pitch of the sales team. They promised a lot of things that the software couldn't deliver at first; however, we learned to get around it and in some cases, the functionality was built out (during our first year with them)and that feature is now available.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jessica. We're glad to hear that you've grown to love AppFolio!

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Deana T.
VP

"Reports & Move-outs"

Opmerkingen: I love it!! I just have a few request to make it perfect :)

Pluspunten: The ease of applications and lease signing! I also like some parts of the reports.

Minpunten: The Unit Avail. doesn't show the name of the existing resident or the future one, so I have to transfer it to excel and add that for every property every 2 weeks.
I'm always concerned about notices being put in correct.
I can't print a report to show signed lease renewals by month.

van AppFolio op 5-12-2019

Hi Deana, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we are constantly striving to delight our customers through software improvements. Please continue to share your feedback with us!

Angela G.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019

"AppFolio is Very Good Property Management Software"

Opmerkingen: Overall I am happy with AppFolio and like that I can keep necessary information in one place. I also know it is helping us keep our accounting more accurate and although the process can be difficult, I know it's a good thing. I am encouraged that their customer service has improved a lot and I'm hopeful it continues. I feel like I matter as a customer and that's important. Now that we have been using this software daily for 2+ years I don't know how we'd live without it or something similar.

Pluspunten: As a property management company, it keeps everything in one place. I'm able to track and store almost all necessary information. I also like that AppFolio continually works on improving their software, regularly implementing new helpful features.

Minpunten: In the beginning, the customer service went downhill really fast, such as sometimes taking a week to get back to me and then having someone that didn't know what they were doing or how to fix our problem. I was very unhappy and thinking we had made a mistake in purchasing, but I can tell in the last year especially they have really worked on improving their customer service with quicker turnaround and better-trained staff helping. I almost always have a positive experience now. There are still some features that we really need for rental management that I'm hopeful are added soon.

van AppFolio op 5-12-2019

Thanks for the review, Angela! We are committed to providing you with the support needed to run your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Denise D.
CFO
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

"Always evolving"

Opmerkingen: We have been with Appfolio for 9 years - and during that time there has been significant improvements in the system. Our company is a heavy user and utilize as much of the functionality of the system that we can - and as such we are frequently asked to provide feedback to the development team when they are considering options. We are committed to our relationship with Appfolio, however, due to API restrictions, if we have much more growth we may need to consider alternative solutions.

Pluspunten: The software is intuitive, user friendly and a stable platform. They a continually developing additional functionality and release updates regularly. The customer forum is great - you can collaborate with other users, seek our solutions and make recommendations that development will consider for future releases.

Minpunten: It does not have an open API and they are unwilling to consider this for clients. While they are routinely pushing out enhancements and are developing additional functionality, and they say the functionality is based on client feedback - it seems like development resources are not focused on this things that clients really 'need'.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Thanks for partnering with us over the last 9 years. Denise! We look forward to partnering for the years to come!

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019
Vanessa H.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019

"Promas to Appfolio - The Great Journey"

Opmerkingen: As I said, onboarding was difficult. That was mainly due to how our dated was stored on our end and turnover we experienced during the transition. The service is amazing, and I can't imagine not having Appfolio.

Pluspunten: Switching from Promas to Appfolio would be like switching from mailing a letter to emailing a letter. The service is faster, more reliable, easier to do, takes less time, is more efficient. My list could go on and on. The main features that caught our eye were the ability to accept rent payments online for seamless accounts receivable from tenants, and online maintenance requests. For so long, we would take maintenance requests by phone or email. It was unreliable at best. Having this online feature gives us a smooth workflow from work order submission to mailing a check for work completed. Truly, Appfolio has saved our office countless hours! Oh and the customer service is awesome! I love how quickly we get responses with actual answers to our questions that solve our problems!

Minpunten: The onboarding was very tedious. Our Promas software was housed on an internal server at our office. That is the primary reason our transition was not that smooth to start off. Overall, we don't have many complaints. Of course, we all want cheaper software, but you get what you pay for. There are a few tweaks we have requested that Appfolio has implemented, and they continuously have updates and new features. It's really exciting! I do wish our owners could see live feed of their account balances in their portal and run their own reports as they wish.

van AppFolio op 30-12-2019

Thanks for the review. We know the transition to any new software can be tough and we're happy that you found our service to be helpful during that transition.

• Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Vivian M.
Operation Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019

"They know property management!"

Opmerkingen: This program allows us to do more work without having to add more personnel which helps the bottom line for sure.

Pluspunten: It was very easy to set up the implementation team was very helpful. The user friendliness of using it every day is the best with it super search feature.

Minpunten: There are a few work arounds that we have to do for our maintenance team but we know with the new features they keep adding all the time it will only be time before they will make an improvement that will help with this work around like all the other ones that we used to have to do.

• Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019