Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

AppFolio Property Manager reviews

Over AppFolio Property Manager

De complete softwareoplossing voor vastgoedbeheer om je werkdag te stroomlijnen en te zorgen dat jij je kunt richten op je bedrijfsresultaten.

Meer informatie over AppFolio Property Manager

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for.

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

Beoordelingen van AppFolio Property Manager

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

AppFolio Property Manager heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.890 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je AppFolio Property Manager eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.890)

Zak
CFO

Growing Together

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Joe
Joe
Executive Vice-President in VS
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

#1 single-family residential PM software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

Tammy
Property Manager in VS

Property Management with AppFolio

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love AppFolio. The system is clear, clean, and easy to follow and learn. A lot of the fields are self-explanatory and the help button is just a click away and the team with AppFolio does a good job with I ask for help. The explanations are clear, concise, easy to follow, and make sense. In the past 15 years, I have used many different software systems to track property management. AppFolio has been the easiest to navigate to get me the information I need and easy to use to manage all my properties.

AppFolio allows me to access my tenants and their information with a click of a button. It keeps all data about my tenant at my fingertips and also allows them to know what is going on with their lease, rent amounts, work orders, and other tasks they or I need to complete to keep our relationship working the best.

I wish that the tenant's application would stay with the tenant as the entire process progresses. When a person no longer is an applicant, but becomes a tenant and moves in, that application is stored elsewhere in the system. It would be more helpful to have the application stay with that new move-in. The application is always needed for legal issues. The system makes it easy to find but it seems it would be better served to stay within the entire process of the new move-in.

Kashee
Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Great and still learning!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: With anything new, it takes time to learn it. There are many great options inside of Appfolio that makes it the software to use. Appfolio is always trying to improve and do more to make work easier.

Love having one platform for all things property management! Owners, tenants and vendors all using the same software!

I don't particularly care for the chat option of customer service. It is not as personal.

Justin
Maintenance Operations Manager

Review from Justin Ratzlaff of Henderson Management

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using Appfolio for a few years now. There are many things that I appreciate about the product, but there are also many things that I don't appreciate. Overall, I am getting the feeling that Appfolio is getting too many customers as their popularity has grown. It seems that the customer service has taken a major hit. It also seems that it's a bit too exclusive as integration with other programs is difficult and in most cases impossible. I used to manage the Leasing Department and during that time I tried to convince the team to start utilizing online lease signing. There was a problem though with customizing addenda to the lease and there were a few forms that we could not enter into the digital lease. Without the ability to have all forms in the lease, it defeated the entire purpose of going digital. My issue is that we got everyone on the team to add a suggestion to the forums and we have never heard a response. I get emails randomly saying that someone else has added a comment, but that's far as it goes. Recently the comments have been on the thread of Appfolio not listening to feedback from customers. All I can say is, I agree. Maybe this review will be seen. I now manage the maintenance department and I am disappointed with the functionality of the maintenance capabilities. I understand that this is not a maintenance management software, but many management companies perform their own maintenance and require intelligent software for this purpose. Techs need to be scheduled, tracked, reviewed on performance, and much more. Again, I understand that this is not the main purpose of Appfolio. However, why would you not open yourself up to easy integration with a field service management software? We had to create a couple extra positions in the company to manage the transfer of information from Appfolio to our field service management software as integration does not seem to be important to Appfolio.

See above

See above

7 jaar geleden

Dear Justin, thank you for providing us with this constructive feedback. Your team's suggestions for leasing are a top priority for us and is something we plan to work on. We are currently working very hard on the maintenance feature - we welcome your feedback and hope these updates will solve the challenges you have been facing! A Product Specialist will be contacting you to go more in depth with your maintenance needs. As for your comments regarding customer service, we are sorry your experience has been negative! We truly value each of our customers and hope to continually create an excellent product and provide top notch service! Your Customer Success Manager will be contacting you to address your complaints and amend the situation. We hope to provide you with a more positive experience moving forward and to work with you and your team for many years to come!

Toi
Property Manager in VS

It’s Effective and Efficient

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it! I prefer it over Yardi! It can be used as an accounting program, property mgr program, marketing program, affordable housing certification/ recertification. Communication with residents and leads.

Being able to market specific units by adding videos/ photos and an auto generated marketing description based on tags added to each individual unit based on its own unique floorplan

Sometimes different financial reports do not speak to each other so one report can be misleading from the other

Leif
Broker in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Need to take a course to use the program

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: In general, a manual would be helpful, or a FAQ sheet. Wonderful customer support and help with any errors and questions, but it still took a long time to get used to all the information. In the end, the [sensitive content hidden]sold the property.

The financial part was amazing if you put the numbers in the right area.

I needed extra training to get everything up and running. There were two of us trying to learn how to work the program. We lost time in managing our other 93 doors trying to learn this system for managing 250 doors of private student housing for The University of Arizona.

Alla
Director in Saoedi-Arabië
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

AppFolio Property Menager life changing

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with AppFolio Property Manager has been largely positive. The software has proven to be a valuable asset in streamlining my property management processes and improving overall efficiency

User-Friendly Interface,Comprehensive Property Management Tools: AppFolio offers a wide range of tools and functionalities that cover every aspect of property management

while AppFolio Property Manager offers many benefits and features, it's essential for potential users to consider these drawbacks and evaluate whether they align with their specific needs and preferences

Amber
Leasing Manager in VS

Gets the Job completed

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Overall the system is user friendly and has good tutorial videos.

Online portal options not available to choose authentication.

Kevin
Operations in VS
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

AppFolio Property Manager Review

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

AppFolio has a user friendly dashboard that allows users to complete tasks such as making payments or uploading documents very easily.

I have experienced system glitches where certain information may be difficult to bypass through unnecessary steps. I would appreciate if certain bugs can become fixed where the system doesn't repeatedly ask for information.

Celine
Marketing Assistant in VS

Liked Appfolio Okay

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I liked that it was easy to have all of our properties in one area. It made it easy for our tenants to view the properties.

Managing the websites on our end was very difficult. We could not get access or get a hold of someone to give us access to edit the property websites. We also had a very difficult time navigating them as they were less user friendly then websites like Squarespace, lead pages or wordpress.

Lyman
Realtor / Property Manager in VS

Appfolio & Me

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it! I found the Appfolio program did save me time with all parts of property management duties I have.

Once I learned the program, Appfolio made the job easier. The owner statements were easy for my owners to understand. Love the ability to upload copy of invoices to owner statements, so they could see my deductions if there were any on the given month. This saved me time from answering calls from owners that had questions about the owner statement. The online features made it easy for Owners & Tenants to see everything related to their property.

Being a very small company it was a little more expensive than other programs out there. The learning curve was a bit tuff, but Help was always there to assist me if needed.

Marianne
Customer Service in VS

Streamlined Accounting

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Appfolio has streamlined Accounts Receivable. The lookup function is great, the ability to text is fantastic. Communicating with tenants is much easier.

Flexibility and ease of use. It allows you to delete transactions and edit them. Great training videos and articles. Enhancements and updates are made regularly.

Inability to assign due dates on manual invoices and an easier override of monthly late charges, making the latter process quite laborious. My only other criticism is applying credits in the diagnostics panel. It should populate the fields and then let you edit. Instead you have to enter everything line by line.

Brooks
CEO in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best software on the market

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we are extremely happy customers and plan to be Appfolio customers for life.

Appfolio has not only a lot of functionality, but is easy to use across our entire organization. It has become the primary backbone of our property management business and we truly view Appfolio as a Partner, not a technology service provider.

Our primary critique with Appfolio is that they tend not to let other good real estate tech products plug into their software via API. In other words, they like to build new products/functions in-house instead of via partnership or integration. There are pros and cons, but in general I would like to see Appfolio play nicer with other prop tech products.

Carrie
Director of Operations in VS

Wouldn't Recommend

1,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We've overall been happy with Appfolio, but with their decision to charge our tenants $2.49 (from free) for EFT payments and how they rolled this out is frustrating. Appfolio spent a lot of time offering training on how to get tenants signed up for their portal, and how to "sell" the (then) free EFT payment option. Now, tenants either have to pay $2.49 for every EFT payment they make, or as the property owner, we can pay $1/door (regardless if the tenant has the portal active; regardless if they actually use EFT payment option) and it'll remain free to the tenant. Appfolio has a large community forum for its users, and there are MANY property managers who have left Appfolio over this. This is simply a money grab for a now publically traded company. The forum has talk of a class action. It's been a nightmare. We have 1200 doors and they didn't blink an eye when we told them we were looking for other options. Same for a few commenters on the forum who have over 10k doors. They don't care how long you've been with them, or the number of doors you have.Separately, Appfolio's customer support is lacking. Chat or opening a ticket are the only options, and the chat feature is rarely an option. We are looking to move to either Buildium or Rentvine. The AF community forum has many AF customers moving to those software options.

We were happy with Appfolio until their new charge for tenant EFT payments.

Sarah
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Appfolio makes our business run smoothly!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Appfolio adds so much value to the services we provide to our HOA clients. We wouldn't want to do business without it.

Appfolio is so easy to use, both for us as managers and for homeowners using the portal. Appfolio has spent a great deal of time figuring out which features are the most beneficial and perfecting those features.

There are a few very minor technical things but I am sure they will get fixed as Appfolio is constantly making improvements.

4 jaar geleden

Thanks, Sarah! We're so glad you are finding AppFolio easy to use with your HOA portfolio and look forward to continuing to partner with you!

Dean
Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Top 5 Things Tenants Don't Want You to Know About Using Appfolio and Why It Costs You.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wouldn't manage property without it.

1. When Money is collected electronically you never have to think about who's paid and who hasn't. - Even with a handful of units, it's time consuming to collect checks and deposit them on a regular basis. This causes sloppy book keeping and helps tenants get away with not paying timely. 2. When a computer keeps track of payments late fees are always charged. - late fees get charged automatically. This trains tenants to pay automatically. No more not paying late fees. " It's already charged and it's part of your lease ". 3. When communicating with tenants electronically, there's a record of the conversation. - " I didn't say it was my fault ". This is no longer an argument. Every text, email, and even notes from phone conversations are stored in the tenant profile. 4.Utility billing can become a profit center instead of a nightmare. - When incorporating RUBS or just paying for the water bill, when done with the correct process, unpaid utilities can legally incur late fees which makes tenants pay them instead of sticking the owner with them at the end of the lease. 5. It's much easier to protect a property through liability insurance. - By using the automatic liability insurance module, there is much less of a chance in lapsing renters insurance and the property has a better chance of recuperating losses due to " I fell asleep while the stove was on ". Yes, this has actually happened.

Appfolio is not something you plug into your current systems. To do it correctly and efficiently you'll need to rework your processes around it. This can be good or bad. Depending on if you like creating systems. When you're done, you'll have an employee that never sleeps and takes care of a ton of your management tasks.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Dean, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It's great to hear that AppFolio is integral to running your property management business. We appreciate your partnership!

Bill
CEO in VS
Commercieel vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

A "looking forward" Solution

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software has made our lives easier, and more productive. I have been able to send funds to a client who needed them desperately from the deck of a cruise ship. We are all very happy with our choice of AppFolio.

We have been using AppFolio for five years now. In that time, the features and adaptability of the software have increased significantly. When adopted the software, it really wasn't really geared toward commercial properties or owners associations. Since that time, they have really made it a great solution for us in those segments of the property management profession. They listen. They make changes/additions to the features based on feedback from the users. They can't satisfy every individual firm's specific method of handling an issue, but they really pay attention to providing a feature for the vast majority of users. One amazing feature they added was at a customer conference. At the beginning of the conference, they took a poll of what one feature would the users like. The overwhelming majority selected a calendaring feature. The initial roll out of that feature was released by the end of the two day conference. Since then, the calendar feature has become very robust and a great management tool. Back-up issues are no longer a worry.

Nothing so far. Another Pro: Another example occurred shortly after the first conference I attended. I was sitting at one of the outstanding mixers. A gentleman sat down next to me, said that he was with AppFolio. He asked if I had any suggestions as a new user. I said that as a data entry convenience (I'm an old programmer from the '60s), I was all about reducing keystrokes. I mentioned that it would be nice if you were in a date field that you could change the date by tapping the + or - keys. Turns out that he is one of the leaders of the firm, and the feature was activated in most date fields by the end of the week.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Bill and for continuing to partner with AppFolio. We look forward to continuing to work together!

Janee
Director of Property Management in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Great product overall! Highly recommend!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very satisfied with AppFolio Property Manager. We run a tight organization and I attribute much to this software.

This software keeps me organized and on top of managing a large inventory of properties and clients. -It has a strong financial reporting side that encompasses everything necessary to operate and deliver to owners as well as tenants. -We receive great feedback from the tenants as this software provides a very seamless experience from application process all the way through move outs. -User friendly, easy to navigate. -Reports to Experian credit bureau and now RentBureau. -I also love that on the property page, tenant page, owner page we can add activity reminders. -The options of reports are great and the customization of them are endless. -Owners, tenants, vendors all have portals to work in giving them access to their information/accounts. -AppFolio is always working to improve features and add new services that could benefit property management companies. -Newer feature is an app for tenants to use to pay online and schedule maintenance. Love it! Many pros. You won't be disappointed.

Overall, I don't have many cons and really had to think up what our biggest frustrations are with the software. Not bad if this is all I could come up with. We work around it because overall we are very satisfied with the product. -Small improvements that need to be made based on user experiences are seemingly overlooked as not important. Example, you can now email tenants/owners from their page. If the email does not go through there is no notification so we are unaware that tenants/owners did not receive our communication. So for now, I do not use that feature if it is something I need to be certain is received by other party. -There is also a sensitivity with the new showings feature that if a booked party does not reply exactly with CONFIRM, then the booking will automatically cancel. It creates many headaches daily. Cannot reply with YES, CONFIRMED, OK, I'LL BE THERE, etc. -Owners would like real time details in their owner portal, not just past monthly reports to review. All of these items have been suggested to AppFolio to review for tweaking by many users.

Doug
Owner/Manager in VS

From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

4 jaar geleden

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

Laura
Accounting Director in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

AppFolio - a well-rounded leasing and accounting software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our property management company decided to use AppFolio when we brought all of our bookkeeping in house, taking it from a 3rd party bookkeeping company. At first, we were just looking for bookkeeping software, and AppFolio fit the bill in a reasonably priced package. We soon came to realize how many more features there were with AppFolio, at no additional cost, and how we can streamline much of our leasing process to save time and eliminate typos and duplication of effort. And we came to find out how AppFolio listens to its user and improves its product - "What's New" item pop up weekly or more often! We've made several suggestions ourselves, and now they're part of AppFolio functionality! We consider AppFolio our partner in helping us serve our investors and our tenants.

There are several things that I like about this software. I think the top of my list is that there is so much functionality related to apartment leasing/management that is all integrated - basic general ledger accounting, tenant accounts receivable, screening applicants, online leasing, attachment of invoices, statements, agreements, etc to appropriate pages in AppFolio, vendor payments, owner payments, 1099's, financial reporting, etc, and on top of that, it's an online platform available from any computer or mobile device, live and up-to-date for all users.

Currently my biggest frustration is RUBS for utilities. The feature is set up in such a manner that we are unable to use it because it allocates costs to anything considered a "unit" which for us includes non-residents who lease a parking space. I have made sure that top management and the development team at AppFolio are aware of this flaw in the functionality of this feature, so I'm hopeful there will be a resolution.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks, Laura! It's great to hear that you are using so many aspects of your software and thank you for your feedback regarding our utility billing feature. We are constantly making updates based on customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Jim
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

WOW VERY DISAPPOINTED TECH SUPPORT IS SLEEPING ON THE JOB!

2,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'd give them NO STARS If I COULD...

WOW VERY DISAPPOINTED
TECH SUPPORT IS SLEEPING ON THE JOB!!

For nearly a TEN DAYS I have called, emailed left messages for ALL numbers AppFolio offers. I finally called custome relations only to be hung up on !
As for support I have opened multiple tickets with..
Software is decent on tenant side and maintenance side.. Accounting and back end is cumbersom to say the least, but definitley over priced!
What really kills Appfolio is the LACK of customer support when needed.. When you call it always leave a message and wait for a call back (Jeapordy Music playing in background)..
We have had this software for over a 16 months, upfront they wanted our money and contract signed ASAP!

Now Ican see why they need to get you under contract in order to stay in business, once there .. YOUR TRAPPED..
If any one at AppFolio is payin attention !
Feel free to contact me directly www.brgohio.com I'm sure you have the number.. Hopefully.. Next stop Facebook and then onto Twitter, Instagram and well.. Anything else I can hit today until I get a call back ! Signed very unhappy customer if you care !

Intially their handoff and onboarding seemed seemless.. All flowed OK through Web Design and initial onboarding..

I'd give them NO STARS If I COULD... It wasn't until we started to use software and my staff needed support to inpliment and use the software day to day .. They all became frustrated when it would take days to get a call back to address their issues and move forward.. So, learning curve was slow.. Tech support doesnt schedule a call back.. They simply call you when THEY're ready.. Like staff just sits and waits for their call !

4 jaar geleden

Hi Jim, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed and we will do what we can to help remedy this issue. We're glad were able to help Katie yesterday and regret that the same level of service was not delivered in your experience today. A manager will be reaching out again today to discuss what we can do for you moving forward.

Matt

AppFolio Review

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: AppFolio is a wonderful software overall. We just need the ability to create custom workflows, procedures, activities, inspections.

Online rent pay, online Leasing, integrated accounting, integrated website, the ability to broadcast to multiple third party websites during Leasing, automatic applicant and tenant notifications when scheduling a showing.

Need customizable project management checklists. We systematize everything. We create workflows and procedures for everything so we do things the same way every time. A perfect example for this would be during move in / move out. There are 20 steps that must be completed every time a tenant moves in and moves out. We have these steps written down in Excel. But Excel checklist is not a shared list so we have no idea when things are completed. We work in different locations. We would have better communication if there was a live custom checklist that we could create and use under a couple different workflows in af. It would be ideal to have "add custom workflow" as a drop down during certain processes. For example during the "initiate move out" process. On page 1 of the move out process, we could then choose which checklist to use. Better yet in the checklist it would ask if you want that to be included every time one of the following processes occur. That's perfect. Then the users have no choice but to complete each task in the workflow. That checklist would be integrated with the pertinent users desktop as open activities. you can have 5 different users are assigned to specific tasks in the checklist and the ability to set deadlines per task. And when there are multiple users, each user only has authority to check off the tasks they were assigned to. Then it would date and time stamp each completed tasks in the checklist ss completed. Of course we would need the ability to assign tasks between users in the event a user is out or an available at this time. Examples of some recurring tasks that we do during every move out are: post home for online install for rent sign, clean carpets, Janitorial, etc. AF should add custom user titles per property or per Property Group. This way you can click to assign who's the maintenance supervisor, maintenance tech, property manager, on-site manager, janitor. That information would then be accessible in letters and in this case when assigning tasks. For example clean carpets always goes to that user title, etc. As the move in move out deadline approaches, everyone involved in the checklist workflow can view exactly what stage the progress is at. And alerts could go out if someone misses their deadline. One other nice feature would be that if we make a task required then the subsequent task cannot be checked off until the preceding task has been checked off. So move in move out is one example where this would come in handy. Eviction would be another time. And this would be extremely helpful for remodeling... perfect example is never install flooring before the interior is painted. Inspections need help as well. We don't use inspections in af because of this. Once an inspection is completed any user can delete it. It needs to be non-modifiable once completed. Also, we should have multiple types of inspections. In particular, one for move in move out that would have two columns one for move-in condition and one column for move out condition. Then we can compare condition when the tenant moves out against the info they completed when they moved in. Further, this should be integrated into the tenant portal so the tenant can complete the inspection themselves as they walk through the home. A copy can go to the property manager who can then agree or disagree with each of the findings. Then a copy of the inspection would be made available in a PDF format for the tenant in there tenant portal just like a copy of the lease is available. Lastly, currently we can only add photos to an inspection when an item needs repair. That's not the case. Just because damage exists does not mean that we will make repairs but we do need to document the condition in most cases. An example would be scratches on a stainless steel refrigerator door. We may note that they exist just so that we know the new tenant is not responsible for the damage but the scratches aren't bad enough to Warrant purchasing a new refrigerator. It would be nice to have a box to check to automatically send digital birthday cards to all tenants, vendors, etc. And if people want to go old school, you could make this a profit Center for AF. Where you have a subsidiary or partner printing company that will send holiday cards and birthday cards at the appropriate times if we enable that feature period then all the data is pulled directly from the tenant profiles so they get their birthday cards on time.

7 jaar geleden

Dear Matt, thanks for sharing so much detailed feedback with us! We love hearing from our customers and will definitely share your thoughts with our teams. We hope that as you spend more time with AppFolio you will be able to realize the full value of our program for your business and find new success!

Derek

Modern Software for a Modern World

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love AppFolio. It really does make our jobs 10x easier. Property management is not glamourous and it is not easy, AF helps us make it just a little bit easier and glamourous. AF is a great platform that we enjoy using on a daily basis.

AppFolio fits in great with our culture and our business. It evolves as we do and caters to our needs. The "What's New" features are something that is looked forward to whenever they roll out. The ease of use is great and makes it very easy to onboard new employees and cross-train existing staff.

The #1 feature that would benefit our company would be a more streamlined and customizable API so that we could connect with other tools that we use. I think some of the APM Plus features should be included with the non-Plus version, or give us mid-sized businesses some a la carte options. THE WORKFLOWS! I love these workflows but they are too complicated for the lamen. I am fairly tech-savvy and it's too much for us. We've partnered with another outside company to create many workflows and automation using Monday.com and we would LOVE these to be inside AF.

Terri
Accounting Supervisor

Accounting using AppFolio for 7 years

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am not a computer geek, but have had a little computer programming training in the past. As I read the different users complaining about things or how they think their issues should be addressed in the upgrades to the system sooner than other issues, I wish I could open their eyes to finding creative ways to make things work for them till the next improvement arrives. AppFolio is a very elaborate program and there are multiple ways to accomplish almost every task needed in the property management field. AppFolio's development staff has a very complicated job to make this program work perfectly for all their users coming from all different kinds of backgrounds and from what I have seen over the past 7 years, they are doing an amazing job (and it appears they have a lot of fun in the process).

The support staff is amazing. Responses are within 12 to 24 hrs and solutions are found or suggestions for the future improvements. Over the past 7 years I have watched with admiration as this program has blossomed, filling the needs of multiple users in detailed ways. I use AppFolio in two different accounting venues, one with a large property management company servicing over 1600 home rentals, the other with one owner handling his 325 apartment units. This program provides excellent adaptable reports for both aspects of a property management company and for one owner with multiple apartment complexes in all phases of financial accounting, rental reports and maintenance. AppFolio encourages all discussions between all users and the staff of AppFolio resulting in ongoing improvements and additional options within the program. To be quite honest, since my specialty is the accounting department, there are many parts of AppFolio that I have not had the privilege of really working with, but those that I have come across look to be as detailed and helpful as the accounting processes. The Help & Training section within the program is also evolving and very detailed in explaining how things work.

If I had to find something I didn't like it would be the constant change that requires me to think and be constantly attentive to the processes in the program. It seems that almost every week there is a subtle or large change that rocks me for a moment. It is frustrating at times to stop and relearn a process. But then to my amazement I am once again loving this program even more and all that it does to make my job easier. You can't use this program out of habit. It is always evolving for the better.

Tyler
Vice President in VS
Commercieel vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Overall Fantastic Software that is always adding features!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

The updates and the "what's new" feature are great, this software keeps evolving along with our business. Ability to mass-email or mass-text a property is great, and all the recording-keeping is great for peace of mind. Can't possibly imagine doing business without the organization of AppFolio. Universal Search is great, fast, and efficient. The mobile app is great.

The customer support can take a while, as in, there is no direct call option. Submitting a support request and waiting is fine most of the time, but having an "emergency" option would be great. Lack of specific rules for rent controlled areas. For example, Oakland and Berkeley have different rules for rent control and we have to constantly edit the auto-populate letter. It would be fantastic to have the option to have the option to have a different auto-populate letter for each property. Each City requires different things to be referenced. Charges are often auto-generated in the middle of the night when you manually onboard new tenants. For good record keeping, it's helpful to record when a rent charge started so we know accurate historical data and another way to know when tenants are eligible for a rent increases. But when we do this the system creates a charge for the current month in the middle of the night, which has to be manually reversed. The flow from application to move-in is very impressive, but AppFolio isn't as smooth when you take over management of a property that already has tenants, which is almost always the case. We've received some negative feedback from the call center, including a time where a tenant called to complain about the door being on the wrong side on a new fridge. The tenant said a female employee laughed at him. Personally I think this is hilarious, and there is a part of me that is glad she laughed at him, but it just made matters worse. Also the occasional complaint about not being able to get through to someone. There are requested features that seem reasonable and have a lot of support in the online community, but they don't happen, or at least not right away. I suppose you don't want to spoil us, but things like "weekly recurring work orders" and being able to toggle "payments required in full" for individual tenants seem like things that happen. Ultimately these are good things b/c I assume they will happen, but almost having the feature is painful. Electronic Payment requires a cell phone. This is kind of strange and would love to be able to just submit payment without the phone.

6 jaar geleden

Dear Tyler, Thank you for providing your honest feedback. If you are ever experiencing an urgent issue, you can add this to the subject of your support request and we will try our best to facilitate your urgent needs. We are constantly seeking to improve our product and support offerings and I have forwarded your product feedback to all of the appropriate teams for review. They will also reach out to you if they need more information. We appreciate your interaction with our user community as we continue to implement new features from our Product Suggestion Board! We look forward to our continued partnership!