Over AppFolio Property Manager

De complete softwareoplossing voor vastgoedbeheer om je werkdag te stroomlijnen en te zorgen dat jij je kunt richten op je bedrijfsresultaten.

Meer informatie over AppFolio Property Manager

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

Beoordelingen van AppFolio Property Manager

Waar voor je geld

AppFolio Property Manager heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.745 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je AppFolio Property Manager eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.745)

Joe P.
Joe P.
Executive Vice-President in VS

#1 single-family residential PM software

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

David K.
Financial Services Manager in VS

Excellent Property Management Software, but there is a learning curve

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has streamlined and automated a lot of the processes that Yardi could never do. And the customer support is incredible.

All the modules, (maintenance, accounting, applications etc.) work together seamlessly. The automation processed for converting applicants to tenants, work order flow, marketing and the tenant portal are all incredible.

There is a step learning curve. The tutorials are great, but it takes awhile to get the feel of the system. Sometimes, AppFolio is a little too efficient and doesn't give you a chance to correct an entry error before it posts. It would be great if we could have an offline AppFolio where we could try different processes and procedures without it impacting our live database.

Bron: GetApp

HOA Property Management

2 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall there are some things I like and some things I really do not like. I sort of wish we would have gone with a software that is made for HOA management. If you only manage rentals this may be a good choice. If you manage associations you will find it frustrating that everything feels like it is geared towards rental properties. Sometimes that is ok, but there are many distinctions between tenants and homeowners that ought to be distinguished more.
Customer service has been disappointing. It is usually shallow and dismissive.

All information in one place Ability to take online payments

Does not work great for HOA management. It seems like they sort of rebrand and rename the rental management features to pass them off as HOA management features. They give you a lot of attention and promises while you are looking into their product. Once in, it is difficult to good customer service. Emailing certain owner groups is frustrating. Some features like letter templates are sort of cumbersome Internal mailing feature is very unreliable.

Holly H.

Appfolio Review

4 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed it

It has a lot of good features for tenants and us.

The good features are not always thought out. Appfolio caters to apartments etc and does not always think about single family property management which I do a lot of. The owner payments and statements are not the best and estimates are not good and the turn board is horrible. A lot of features that just need to be worked on. If you have commercial property for lease I haven't a clue why it is more when it doesn't get advertised at all. Wish Appfolio would ask and take what I said more seriously. Wish they would also show their appreciation for the amount of money we spend with them.....They sent a gift one time to someone that did not work here and never did. I own the company and was thinking wow you don't even know who it is you are thanking and not sure you actually were thanking me or it was sent to the wrong company in my area.

Phil M.

Excellent Cloud Based Property accounting and management software

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Excellent, I wish all software was this well made!

Ease of use, modern user interface, well integrated function modules, frequent updates, responsive support

Reporting is good but could be better. More and faster drill-down capability. I wish for more customization options for the Dashboard.

Teresa W.
Office Manager in VS

Great Software for Property Management

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We have been using AppFolio since the early days of the software and have seen it grow and develop. It became critical to have an online platform for both our employees and tenants during the Covid 19 pandemic. We have been very pleased with AppFolio for many years.

AppFolio provides almost all of our property management tasks. The software development team continues to respond to customer requests to enhance the application. It is very easy to use and navigate, and any questions I have are promptly answered by the support staff.

I would like to be able to have more than one owner email set up for Owner Portal, we have several owners that are partners who could benefit from this.

Tiana K.

AppFolio

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I own two companies, which both use AppFolio. We chose it for our 2nd company due to its functionality, ease of use, price, and my experience with the service department. Although I do not regret the decision to go with AppFolio twice, I truly hope the service department can return to the stellar service level that it used to provide.

Easy to use. The portal for our owners and renters is easy to understand. I love that it's always changing, that they listen to their customers and change and add features based upon customer feedback.

The service department has taken a nosedive. It use to be fast and thorough. Now, I sometimes have to follow up multiple times to get a response.

Franco M.
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

Property software review by Franco Milio

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love it. Even with all it's faults, I am confident they will eventually fix the quirks. I am very happy to have chosen AppFolio! A really good value for the cost.

Love how the program is constantly evolving. They are always trying to make it better!

Getting someone on the phone is difficult, if not impossible. They do have a great online "ask a question" for help with step by step instructions, you just have to have the patience to look.

Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Operations Assistant in VS
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

We love AppFolio!

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: From an operations standpoint, we have had a great experience with AppFolio Property Manager. Not only does it streamline multiple processes, everything is tracked through the software. You can make internal notes, text, email, create charges, sent notices, and so much more. This is essential when referencing correspondence, keeping team members up to date, and overall managing properties.

AppFolio is so easy to use - team members who are "green" or have not used the software are able to catch on quickly with the incredible amount of training videos that are available. AppFolio is constantly rolling out updates/improvements too. We were so excited when the MFR import tool and option to bulk assign unit types were released. Features like this truly streamline the property setup process - it's great!

A feature that could use improvement is the inspection tool. Currently, it is missing the option to make a template that does not require tying it to a unit beforehand. Though I'm sure AppFolio has this in the works!

Angela O.
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Appfolio makes property management easy!

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We are able to pull reports to see where we are in budgeted categories, pull delinquency, input requests, text residents to get a quick reply and it's very user friendly. Being able to download the app and wok from another location is also very convenient.

I love that my tenants can log into a personal portal to pay their rent, submit work orders and view their account on their own time.

I wish there were a way to text only a certain group of residents regarding issues that may pertain only to their building.

Paola B.
Property Manager in VS

Appfolio Property Management Review

4 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we were expecting to achieve more efficient reporting results that would help us present better information and financials to our Board members. This backfired on us. However, end users (owners and tenants) seem to be happy with their online portal experience. They have sent us good reviews on the way we've made it simpler for them to pay their dues/rents which has resulted in lower ageing receivables.

I value that unlike many other Property Management programs, Appfolio does not integrate with many 3rd party platforms. 3rd party platforms can adversely affect the overall user experience of your clients; furthermore, the service Company with whom you signed the contract, can't control the quality of service of the 3rd party. So basically, your software company might be selling you a service that they have little control over. Invoice payment is great. It has saved us a lot of time from our previous program. I also really like the communications function.

Customer Service. Once you are enrolled, you are on your own. Although Appfolio claims that have great online training videos, we all know these are too generic, and real life situations are not generic. It is also impossible to get reliable over the phone support. It takes a support agent about 2 days to get back with you (if they ever do) Once you have them on the phone, they are not sufficiently trained to answer many questions regarding anything from reporting to accounting to program usage. This is a BIG con. We also don't like the fact that we are unable to receive over the phone payments

Valerie W.
Director of Property Management in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Great Software, needs timely customer care for established customers

4 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love the product and when I can get the assistance I need I am very happy. We aren't a huge company but we manage close to 300 doors, so we are respectable. We were the first users in our area and told everyone to switch to them. I still think they are better than any other PM software provider we have used and we have used several. My only complaint is the inability to get timely customer care responses. Honestly, service after the sale is VERY important!

Overall ease of use. Accounting based, online rent payments, and ability to connect all areas of property management together.

When we first started with Appfolio they were very quick to respond to our customer service needs. Now, all you get is an email that directs you to watch videos or to online chat. When you have already exhausted those options and you need to speak to ANYONE, it is impossible! I have waited over a month for someone to call me back. By the time they call I have forgotten what I needed, or the details of the transaction I needed help with. They need to hire more customer service reps. When they do call you they are very friendly and knowledgeable, but they usually give you a few minutes and if you need help with someone else while you have them on the phone they tell you to make another request. Then, it's back to the WAIT game.

Daniele V.
AppFolio Administrator in VS
Commercieel vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Our Business Runs on AppFolio!

4 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: From the onboarding process to going live, AppFolio has been there for us! Their team worked with us every day during data migration and user training, so that we were confident once we went live. AppFolio is so user friendly and the Help Center so comprehensive that we rarely need to contact support, but even when we do need their help, the support team is friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond. We couldn't be happier with our decision to move to AppFolio.

The ease of use. AppFolio makes every process seem simple. All of the information within AppFolio is easily searchable and our users don't need to be super tech savvy to use AppFolio with confidence.

We'd love to see AppFolio make a concerted effort to improve or add features for commercial properties like sales tracking/percentage rent billing. Even though the commercial property features aren't as robust as the residential features, I have no doubts that I will see these features in the future. AppFolio regularly releases new and improved features. They also maintain a robust user community wherein they take suggestions and let us know what suggestions are in the works.

Zak H.
CFO in VS

Growing Together

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Appfolio was a great decision when I was looking at Property Management Software. I have used other software but this one saves me so much time and frustration. I could not imagine my team using any other tool.

One of my favorite things about this software is that I feel like Appfolio is growing with my company. The software has come so far in the last couple years with lots of new features. There have been multiple occasions where I have a problem and then in a couple days I get notified that Appfolio has created a solution to my problem. It is actually very weird but I don't believe in coincidences so I just right it off as a great partnership.

I wish that I could change the bank accounts that the properties use currently to a new one without having to work with someone at Appfolio.

Sherry K.
Accounting Supervisor in VS

Appfolio Review July2021

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Appfolio is a great product and takes a lot of the user labor out.

I love how you can tie everything in from property to owner to tenant. You can click on the amount in any report to review a transaction. Attaching PDFs to the statements are fantastic. Communication is wonderful.

The finer accounting pieces. I would love to be able to run the balance sheet and click on Operating Cash to see what the balance of each bank account that makes up the Operating cash, then if I want to see by property, I could click on that total.

Voner S.

My AppFolio Experience

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have thoroughly enjoyed using AppFolio as our Property Management software. On the first page of this review I had to select "real estate" because we actually manage numerous multi-family properties and commercial properties. It has been a pleasure to use a software that was easy, makes sense, and being able to customize things to suit your individual needs. The only negative feedback I would have, is the time you have to wait for an answer from tech support, if it is not an easy question you can get resolved on a chat. And at times, chat is not available either. That has been my most challenging thing because a lot of times, my problems come up with a time sensitive issue and I wait much longer than I would prefer. I understand there are other customers, and I get that. My past experience with tech support has never been to wait more than a few hours and at the most one day. Hopefully, that can improve because otherwise, we just love this software!!! Thank you so much for making our jobs much easier :)

It is user friendly and it makes sense! It allows you to edit and change where necessary, without a lot of headache. We all love AppFolio!

Conversions are always challenging, so that was probably the toughest part of the process when we changed from another software. Everyone was great though to work with and helping us get everything up and running.

Stacey K.
Director Of Operations in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Newer user, Pleasant surprises, and managing challenges.

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Our implementation team was great. We tested one building in the system (paid for it, not free) so that we had a real idea of what using it would be like. That gave part of our team a positive advantage. It is very easy to use although the language takes some getting use to and often at times -- people are up in arms about changes. If you can handle that, this software will be a great success.

It can be very user friendly if you invest the time to take advantage of what the system offers. It offers A LOT. When one thing doesn't work the way you want it to, it doesn't mean the system is bad. It is actually REALLY GOOD. It helps us encompass a lot of different platforms into one which was the main reason we chose it. We were pleasantly surprised how much we like using the software.

In our market, there are several items or tasks we need to perform or things we need to track that are often overlooked by property management software. Appfolio does know how to handle one task that is critical but it is not fully functional. When we choose the software, we thought because it was marketed as something that handled "NYC DHCR" leases but that's is misleading. As we were going live, we found out that it has limitations which resulted in us not being able to fully utilize in the way we thought we would. Once you discover things like this, it is quite difficult to get a total solution that is easy or quick available for use. This creates a real challenge and means we have to work around it but we want to be hopeful that we can help them continue to make advancements to fully handle the NYC market. In the meantime, we are stuck with challenges.

Derek N.

Modern Software for a Modern World

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I love AppFolio. It really does make our jobs 10x easier. Property management is not glamourous and it is not easy, AF helps us make it just a little bit easier and glamourous. AF is a great platform that we enjoy using on a daily basis.

AppFolio fits in great with our culture and our business. It evolves as we do and caters to our needs. The "What's New" features are something that is looked forward to whenever they roll out. The ease of use is great and makes it very easy to onboard new employees and cross-train existing staff.

The #1 feature that would benefit our company would be a more streamlined and customizable API so that we could connect with other tools that we use. I think some of the APM Plus features should be included with the non-Plus version, or give us mid-sized businesses some a la carte options. THE WORKFLOWS! I love these workflows but they are too complicated for the lamen. I am fairly tech-savvy and it's too much for us. We've partnered with another outside company to create many workflows and automation using Monday.com and we would LOVE these to be inside AF.

Allison A.

Promising Software / Horrible customer service

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I could have had a great customer experience with appfolio, if they had better trained staff to answer your questions in a timely manner

I like the customization of this software. It is ideal if you manage a variety of portfolios. The dashboard and tasks menu are placed well and easy to navigate. The software uses a tab feature that allows to easily work with different tasks at a time. Excellent reporting features. Great mobile app

HORRIBLE customer service. The software is extremely robust, which will normally be a good thing. However, with that comes a lot of questions. Unfortunately only 1 out of 5 agents can help you. Most issues will have to be advanced to a senior agent . Once that happens you will have to EMAIL what your issue is or wait anywhere from 3-7 days for a scheduled phone call. So if your issue is time sensitive you are simply out of luck. I am seasoned property management professional, and I have worked with many softwares. Appfolio, by far is one of the most difficult I have worked with. There is countless steps to complete everything. Of course that allows for a lot of customization, but understand it takes a long time to learn it. Additionally there are promised features that don't work well. For example text messaging. You can text within the software, but there is no push notification. So if you are not inside the software or checking you email constantly, you won't know someone sent a text. So Pointless!!!. That is just one of many. There is reason there is no free trial and they bound you to a one year contract.

vorig jaar

Hi Allison, thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We do have a guaranteed response rate of 24-48 hours but many issues to require us to follow-up with more information is it is a more complicated accounting question. We do have a robust Help & Training center if you need assistance with accounting. We hope we can improve your experience moving forward!

Michael D.
General Manager in VS

Better than expected

4 vorig jaar

The ease of use and mobile app make this software very useful for property managers. For leasing, the application and lease signing process is pretty seamless once set-up. The Online Portal is also great as it helps cut down on unnecessary emails or calls to the office. Residents can pay rent, submit requests for maintenance, and sign lease renewals all through their Online Portal. The lease renewal interface is one of my favorite features as it has really cuts down on the amount of time I spend drafting and preparing renewals. This software offers a lot and they are always pushing out updates and new features which is great.

The biggest problem is customer support. Some requests take days or weeks to hear back from someone and in property management, we typically don't have days or weeks to wait for a fix to a problem we are experiencing. However, when someone does help, they tend to always be able to resolve our problems. I would also like to see more customization to the software. Little things like being able to add my own "reasons for move-out" to the drop down when selecting a reason for a move-out. Also adding the option for management to select "preferred/available times" when entering a maintenance request for a resident. Residents have this option when submitting via the online portal, but management does not if they are entering a request on behalf of a resident. The work around is just writing it in the access notes, but that seems disconnected since user submitted requests will show the preferred times in a different section so maintenance staff may overlook it since it will be in a different spot than usual.

vorig jaar

Hi Dennis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback.

Mario V.
Property Manager in VS

Appfolio: An Overall Property Management Solution

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Appfolio definitely makes up for any short comings with their innovation and user friendly interface. We like their attention to detail and their progressive attitude towards the future of online property management solutions. I've used other property management systems in the past and they all have significant downsides, whether lacking in their online integration, being too complicated, overkill or some other glaring issue. We like and have grown to depend on Appfolio. Even with it's slight flaws, which are minimal, but hey, no online property management software is perfect.

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for. We wish we could make use of all of the features the software has to offer, as there is so much to choose from. Their customer services is upstanding, and we make good use of the 24 hour tenant maintenance support line. We've used Appfolio for 6 years now, and so far we've had a good experience.

The cons while important are minimal. We face underlying program issues, such as with rent charges. The system is set up for 1st of the month rent charges ONLY, but we have different rent due dates ranging from the 1st to the 15th. This causes havoc for us as some tenants with due dates other than the 1st get charged twice in the longer months. We have to pay them back and it can be very frustrating for them as they have to wait days for their funds. As well the tenant's online portal doesn't always show the correct amount owed as it automatically includes charges for the upcoming month, which confuses most tenants. The ease of use is also a double edged sword since if not careful, as with a lot of programs, you can make system changes, and data or journal entry mistakes that can be difficult to fix. While the customer support is helpful they are not always the end all, so you might be expected to fix your own problems if needed. In some cases customer service can only take you so far. If the issue is long lasting they may start to wane on their responses to you with assistance or be unable to help you. But this is explained when you begin orientation so you should take the responsibility of educating yourself on the system before using it.

Brayden M.
Owner/Property Manager in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

AppFolio is Powerful, Take the time to study it

5 2 jaar geleden

This software is amazing. It has so many features from initial contact with prospective renters all the way through the rental process. It allows you to initiate online payments to vendors and owners. It is capable of creating HTML packets for posting to websites manually. It also posts automatically to about 30 other websites. It is awesome.

It has taken a lot of work to learn and I’m still learning a lot and I’ve been using it for 7 years. You have to treat it like learning a new language and dive in to understand each facet of the software.

Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.
Executive Manager in VS

Well-Rounded & Reliable

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Appfolio has world class customer service with extremely quick response time. Implementing the software was as easy as it could have been. It still takes time and effort, but it is certainly worth it to be on such a streamlined software.

I love the ability to track collections, maintenance orders, and Tenant info/documents from my smartphone. This software gives me the option to have any staff work remote as needed and still do our jobs at 100% capacity.

Appfolio does a nice job at continuing to develop better features. One area that needs improvements is the ability to do inspections. It takes forever for photos to upload while at the property and uses a ton of data. Would be nice to be able to have the inspections saved locally to the phone and then upload all at once while on WiFi. This would speed up inspections drastically. Improving inspection templates is also needed.

vorig jaar

Hi Benjamin, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Susan H.
Apartment Operations Manager in VS

Comprehensive Solution to Rental Property Management

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Appfolio to manage our multi-family rentals and our commercial rentals all in one robust property management platform. We enjoy the multitude of automated functions that promote a streamlined workflow from maintenance to management and the ease of collaboration this suite provides. The real-time activity tracking provides excellent audit control, and the products intuitive design combined with content rich training materials make this one of the easiest programs to learn and use. The search feature is hands down the greatest resource for saving time when you need help with any feature.

That the software is intuitive, user friendly and the support and training are outstanding. I am truly impressed with ongoing emphasis to improve the software based on customer input and trends in the industry. The company's farsighted mentality gives us comfort this solution will continue to serve us well in the years to come, and the solid reputation and business model provides a sense of security only previously matched by one other software product, and AppFolio has grow to become an industry standard.

That the Guest Card widget cannot operate independent of the listing. We do not always have a listing, then we are forced to manually record guest cards. If there was a widget just for the Guest Card then we could embed this as a link on our website and prospects can feed data directly into a guest card which we can then utilize the tools such as waitlist or sending a application, etc. Some of the seemingly simplest and easiest product suggestions seem never to gain any traction with the programmers. Like asking to add make and model to the fixed asset report filters.

Brooks B.

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best software on the market

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we are extremely happy customers and plan to be Appfolio customers for life.

Appfolio has not only a lot of functionality, but is easy to use across our entire organization. It has become the primary backbone of our property management business and we truly view Appfolio as a Partner, not a technology service provider.

Our primary critique with Appfolio is that they tend not to let other good real estate tech products plug into their software via API. In other words, they like to build new products/functions in-house instead of via partnership or integration. There are pros and cons, but in general I would like to see Appfolio play nicer with other prop tech products.