Performance Management reviews

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,7 /5

Over Performance Management

Online prestatiebeoordelingssysteem dat de sector leidt op het gebied van gebruiksgemak, beheerbaarheid en betaalbaarheid.

Meer informatie over Performance Management

299 reviews worden weergegeven

Mark J.
General Manager
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019

"Trakstar is a star!!"

Opmerkingen: Since installation we have drastically improved the consistency and timeliness of staff reviews. Also love the goals and objectives.

Pluspunten: Customer service/support is great. I haven’t had many issues, but when I did support was fast and even followed up a day later to make sure things were still fine. My issues were user related. The software is solid!

Minpunten: The reporting is a bit limited. Might be nice to have the ability to create some customized reports.

• Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019
Katie K.
Payroll & HR Admin
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019

"Easy to use performance management system"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think it's a great system and so much better than the one we had before. As mentioned, it's easy to use and to navigate, and the customer service team is very quick to respond to any questions. As an administrator, I love being able to log in as others in order to see what they're seeing - it makes my life easier.

Pluspunten: The best feature about this software is its ease of use. A few of our employees aren't very technologically-minded, and they have no problem navigating the system and completing their reviews. It's simple and straightforward and offers a lot of flexibility.

Minpunten: We're just starting to use the Goals portion of the software, and, as a company, we're a bit on the conservative side, and we'd rather not have the employees be able to create their own measurements. It's great to have that feature, but there should also be a way to turn it off if we don't want it.

• Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Grant R.
COO
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2017

"Bad - Horrible UI/UX that you will pay for over and over again"

Opmerkingen: Lot of issues here that I want to point out with this software: 1) This software does not do corrective actions or Performance Improvement Plans, they try to tell you that it does in the sales presentations, but this software does not do it. They will tell you about a work around, but it is so complex and contrived that your managers will never use it, I promise.
2) We were trying to get the software to allow us to do a 6 month check-in, so essentially our managers would be able to meet with our employees halfway to their annual review and check in to see how they were coming along, not to be rated, but just a checkup to see how things were going. Sounds easy, right? Well, you'd be wrong on that too, and so was I. They launched into a super complex work around, which again was way more complex than any of my managers would ever need or be able to use.
3) Whenever I first looked at signing up to use this software, I liked the seemingly easy and simple to use interface that I had seen on demos and on videos on youtube. I thought, well, it's just about loading in positions and job data, then I should be off and running with this system. Well, their estimate for getting setup is typically at least 3 months, that should tell you something. I thought that they would just be doing a lot of hand holding, turns out that what they were really doing is making up for a poor UI and UX in their system. It is next to impossible to anticipate where to go, what to click, etc. They try to make up for it with their training, but it just seemed to frustrate me more that they wouldn't fix the clear weaknesses and complexness of their interface to suit the customer. They would rather spend an hour training you on how to do something super complex, and oh, by the way, if you mention to them that something is complex, unnecessary, or just plain not intuitive, instead of take the feedback, they actually get defensive and back up their reasoning for doing whatever they are doing in a totally illogical and contrived way. They need to take a page from Google and Apple and go back to the drawing board with their system and design something from the ground up that is EASY TO USE.
4) Scoring for employees is extremely complex and contrived, just ask them to show it to you in the sales process, you will see
I could write more, but I ran out of room, check out JuvodHR if you are looking for a better solution, that's where I went.

Pluspunten: Not really much to like, to be quite honest

Minpunten: 5) There is this wonderful background jobs pop-up that pops up every time that you do ANYTHING in the application, I'm serious. You have to dismiss it manually every time, it is ridiculous, unnecessary, and very annoying.
6) There is no simple way to have them tie any type of notes or issues with an employee back to a part of their job description that it is supposed to match. Which, is really the basis of why you are keeping records for corrective actions, notices, etc, to protect yourself from an employee if you have to terminate for performance based reasons/issues.
7) If you have employees who don't sit at a desk or have their own computer, this system is not for you. It does not offer you a way to accommodate those employees. Again, they will talk about a solution or work around, but again, don't be fooled, they have no solution here either.

van Trakstar op 7-3-2017

It's disappointing to have a customer feel this way. In our exchanges with Grant, I wish we'd been able to find more common ground. Grant, thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are important to us.

Sincerely,

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2017
Mariam A.
International Human Resources Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2020

"Awesome Software - We absolutely love Trakstar"

Opmerkingen: Personally, I love Trakstar considering my several involvement as the lead HR Manager responsible for PMS. It was an easy sell to the Senior Management Team because it ticked all need boxes we had identified. The customization and integration process was a breeze, the account officer took a lot of the burden off us. Then transitioning the employees went smoothly, including the training. Our account officer worked so well with us and was willing to conduct trainings as early as 5am Eastern, considering the time difference between the US and our country offices in West Africa and Europe. She really appreciated her flexibility. As an administrator, I can tell you how effortless it is to assist employees, resolves issues, monitor the process, review reports and all required responsibilities. As a employee and a user, my appraisal was effortless. The reviews we have received from employees have been great, my manager is soo pleased with the system and feedback from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] "I have never enjoyed appraisals as much as I am right now with Trakstar".

Pluspunten: The flexibility of Trakstar to mirror the organization's current performance appraisal process was what sold us. We were able to adapt the software to fit our needs and the ease of use is absolutely great.

Minpunten: I honestly find it difficult to identity what I like least about this software. Compared to the previous software we used for Performance Appraisal, Trakstar is absolutely wonderful. It met all our software needs; the pricing was very reasonable, and the transition was effortless. From the sales agent to the account officer, we have had an awesome experience.

• Beoordeeld op 23-7-2020
Associate Director of Human Resources
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-8-2018

"Higher Educational - Trakstar Review"

Opmerkingen: The Customer Service experience is the best. They are very responsive by both phone and email.

Pluspunten: The ease of use is the best feature of the software.

Minpunten: The goals - we had to do a work around and are using "measurements," and although this works, it makes it a little touchy when it comes to referring new users to the Trakstar support pages.

• Beoordeeld op 13-8-2018
Susan B.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020

"TrakStar Review"

Opmerkingen: It has helped to streamline our review process and we are fine-tuning it with each review cycle to reflect what we are really looking for in a review/performance management tool.

Pluspunten: I find the layout of the software/site to be clean and pretty easy to maneuver around.

Minpunten: I find the software fairly easy to use - but I think it's more because I am one of the administrators and helped to customize it to our needs and the fact that I use it more often than other staff. We are still trying to get staff to use it more often (for notes, etc.) rather than once/twice a year when doing their reviews.

• Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020
Mike W.
Managing Lead Technologist
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-11-2017

"Trakstar makes annual appraisals as easy as 1 - 2 - 3"

Opmerkingen: This software has enabled us to track employee progress and performance year over year. It has been very valuable to our company as it allows us to archive a history of employee appraisals and doesn't require a paper process. This is a must-have for any business serious about the employee appraisal process.

Pluspunten: I like the ability to set goals, apply company-wide performance metrics and the ability to gather a history of appraisals over time so you can measure and track employee performance.

Minpunten: The workflow could be a little clearer. Sometimes its confusing how to manage each appraisal. There is a unique archiving system that seems like it should be simpler than it is.

• Beoordeeld op 16-11-2017
Tim W.
Coach
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

"Tell them how you are doing"

Opmerkingen: I like being able to go back and point out certain accomplishments to my employer during my annual review

Pluspunten: When our company started to engage this tool I thought it was silly. I have an appreciation for Trakstar now. It is a place where I can keep track of the many things that get forgotten otherwise.
I can go back and review my accomplishments from the beginning of the year and also gain a perspective of my growth in the last 12 months

Minpunten: the initial learning curve seemed a little steep, but it feels natural at this point

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018
Investigating Officer
Overheidsadministratie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019

"Loving this software!"

Pluspunten: It is quite easy for anyone to use. Even if you aren’t familiar with it or you are having any difficulty in using it, there are videos for guidance. Training is also very easy. You can also customize your performance appraisal to the needs of the organization. Cost is quite inexpensive. Software allows employee to be a part of the process, something which had been previously lacking in organizations in conduction performance evaluations.

Minpunten: Customization options are somewhat limited.

• Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-8-2018

"Simple, not overly-complicated interface, encourages participation"

Opmerkingen: Easy and fun to use, encourages MUCH more participation than any previous appraisal software I have used (which is usually associated with dread).

Pluspunten: This software encourages you to input updates on your progress every month. This is an EXTREMELY valuable reminder because then you aren't racking your brain at the end of the year trying to remember your accomplishments. You can keep track of them year-round, and when your appraisal is due, the hard part is pretty much done. This helped a lot even for my 90-day appraisal. It breaks everything out among several competencies and it is a very user-friendly, dynamic interface that is kinda fun to use.

Minpunten: To be honest I cannot think of any criticism for this software.

• Beoordeeld op 3-8-2018
Jill E.
HR Generalist
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2016

"Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!"

Opmerkingen: Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals, editing the staff list (in times of growth, promotions, turnover, etc.), adding measurements to assist in showing efforts and when goals (or portions of them) were met/completed, and provided reminders to those who neglected deadlines. The last item was essential to those who work in Human Resources and did not want to "badger" nor take responsibility of repeatedly reminding the busy and often traveling supervisors and employees who found it difficult to make time for this important effort.

Pluspunten: I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation.
I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Minpunten: I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Hi Jill,

Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch.

I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve.

Thanks again!
--Julie Rieken

Lisa C.
Director, HR
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2016

"Great performance appraisal program"

Opmerkingen: We are a small non-profit association with about 85 active employees. We use TrakStar for our annual performance appraisal program . Our program is designed to have every employee receive a review at the same time each year, rather than each year on their annual anniversary. We also have a 90-day initial review, and a 6-month informal review.

Pluspunten: This software is relatively uncomplicated for the regular employee, especially since they have redesigned the appearance. Training on the system does not take long and there are several helpful videos to provide assistance to staff and administrators. I find it to be pretty intuitive. In most cases there are some options for customizing your performance appraisal and the cycle.
They also have several opportunities for training of administrators through webinars (live and pre-recorded) and these are really useful.

Minpunten: I do wish there were more flexibility in customization and that it was easier to reach some of the relevant customer service videos; however, the customer service team (if you can reach them by phone) is very responsive and helpful.

Hi Lisa,

Such a nice, thoughtful review. You're using a lot of Trakstar, and that's awesome. I love that the videos have been helpful and that you've joined our webinars!

We're re-designing our support site as we speak Will you let me know if you find things to be easier once we release the changes? We'd love your feedback.

Thanks again,

Jill E.
Human Resources Generalist
Research, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-4-2017

"THRILLED ABOUT TRAKSTAR!"

Opmerkingen: Our rep just provided us the second part of our training via webinar; we asked for "Goals & Notes" to be given last June and finally the "Scoring" given today as we wrap up the performance period. I am VERY pleased with our rep's professionalism, and knowledge about the Trakstar program. The way he guided us through the webinar was wonderful. Many employees and managers have expressed trepidation about the upcoming sequence of events, but our rep broke it down very easily and methodically. Our rep has a very good quality about his delivery of information, his voice, and ease of going through the screens as he proceeds, making the learner feel more confident. I already received the videos he created -- within minutes after completion of the training -- so I'm able to share with the employees and managers who could not attend today's webinar. Thank you! I wish Trakstar would create a "Quick Start Guide for Administrators" as they have for both managers and employees, and then load it on the Support Articles page, but for the meantime I am very pleased to have access to the Support pages, tutorials, videos, etc. and can email Support whenever I have need. I'm grateful about that, too. If you allow me one more "wish list" item would be the ability to change an employee's job title easily throughout the year -- as long as it does not represent a promotion that would affect change of goals, etc. When we've had a change of management, the new manager will come in and request change of titles (not duties, etc.) of his/her direct reports. This need is likely common among certain industries and such a change would be a huge improvement. Thank you for asking for our feedback. Thank you to our rep, for making Trakstar look easy to use to our employees!

Minpunten: There ought to be a Quick Guide for Administrators; too often I've searched the support pages and did not find precisely what I've wanted, so had to email and did not have direct phone access because we don't pay for that added service. We're three hours apart from each other so there've been a few times that I was not able to get answers as immediately as I would have liked (in an ideal world). LOL.

van Trakstar op 8-5-2017

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate it. Also, we are taking your suggestion and will be building a "Quickstart Guide" for admins. Great idea!

Thanks again,
Julie

• Beoordeeld op 26-4-2017
Nancy C.
HR Coordinator/Trackstar Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2016

"An Excellent Idea with some rough edges"

Opmerkingen: Trakstar is an excellent idea. It allows employees and managers equal time in the appraisal process, which has been lacking in employee appraisal since the beginning of time. As a manager it is quite helpful for an employee to weigh in on their performance. Too often we have no idea how the employee sees their performance until we are having 'the talk'. Trakstar could be a little more user friendly, it is not always intuitive in the way it works and can be cumbersome for the administrator when trying to fix mistakes that managers make. It would be an excellent addition if the manager were not allowed to Archive for agencies that still rely on paper for the employees personnel files. we use the 'archive' button to indicate that the signed appraisal has been received in HR to signal that the process is complete. It would also be helpful if we could set up an agency wide appraisal two level system where the employee first gets a 6 month New Employee appraisal, and when archived Trakstar would auto generate the next appraisal in the Annual mode, instead of the 'new employee' mode again. The last thing I can think of now, is the period of time our annual appraisals encompass. Right now the auto generated Annual appraisals have a date parameter based on the employees date of hire, and that is good for some. However, we use a fixed date system based on our fiscal year, and each time a new appraisal is generated i have to go into Trakstar and 'fix' the dates to our parameters. Thanks for this excellent product; with just a couple of tweaks, it could be FANTASTIC! (for us)

van Trakstar op 23-3-2016

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love that Trakstar allows both managers and employees the opportunity to contribute around performance.

We'll also take your suggestion on archiving to heart. Fwiw, we designed the Archiving process to allow managers the discretion about when to share the content with the employee. Some like to do it in advance of the meeting, some afterwards - and we felt they should be the ones to decide.

That said, we have heard your request. I can promise that we'll bring that forward at our next company-wide feature meeting.

Last, some of the things you mention *I think* might be possible/solvable by design in Trakstar (fixed dates, 6 month to Annual.) I hope you won't mind if I have someone reach out to you?

Thank you again, and feel free to connect with me directly if you'd like!

Take care,
Julie

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2016
Allyson J.
SVP Hr
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2016

"Increased efficiency - definite ROI"

Opmerkingen: Have had a wonderful experience with Trakstar; it gives the employees the access they need through out the year to work towards their goals and development. Managers are able to work more efficiently and put accountability in the hands of the employee.

Pluspunten: The efficiency of the workflow and the way we can customize it to our needs.

Minpunten: I would like to see a better org chart!

Hi Allyson,

Thanks so much for your great review. I'm amused that you liked the "Julie from Trakstar" sessions...that's me! Cool.

I love your suggestion on the org chart. I promise to add it to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single idea to find patterns and ways we can improve.

Keep in touch and let us know how we can help as your needs evolve, and thanks again.

Take care,