Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over EMS

EMS vereenvoudigt het boeken van ruimtes, het reserveren van bureaus en het plannen van evenementen voor instellingen voor hoger onderwijs en bedrijven in elke sector.

Meer informatie over EMS

Super difficult to learn so it can really kill a new hire. We are looking at other options but when you have a lot of data in the system it makes it really hard to finally make a move.

Beoordelingen van EMS

3,6
3,6
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,7

EMS heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 29 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je EMS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (29)

Taylor
Taylor
Assistant Director in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Exceptional product and very user friendly

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall EMS Event Management Software is very easy to use and tracks data very well. The reporting options that are available are very helpful to get out to our staff and tracking events and billing is very easy to do.

I really enjoyed all the capabilites EMS has with its event booking software. It is very customizable and easy to book and track events. It made event planning very easy when we manage thousands of events per year.

There isn't much I do not like about this software. EMS does have a bigger software that allows you to customize for different user groups who oversee different venues within the operation but I do wish they had a smaller version of this.

Brian
Manager of Scheduling and Operations in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Bethel University Administrator

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, it's a good experience. Hoping that there will be more improvements and enhancements coming, but all in all, it's a good product.

Fairly robust options when it comes to scheduling and event management. It is very hard to create double bookings, which happened weekly with our old software. It is fairly intuitive and easy for most WebApp users to "get" pretty quickly out of the gate. Reports to share information with campus partners is detailed and customizeable so they can see what they need to see or want to see, they can just get their info, or they can see info for the whole event.

I don't know what industry standards are, but it seems pretty pricy for the annual license. Also, I wish that customer suggestions or fix ideas were taken more to heart - I have suggested several things and pointed out errors that are deemed as "Will not implement" when clearly something should be done. Also, timeliness on what they do promise has been an issue. They say this is coming, and then 2 years go by and it's still not there. -- that was more in my early days of using it - I think that has stopped because they know they do not want to promise something and then take years to deliver.

Paul
IT Systems Admin in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Ok, but not as good as previous

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Managing Rooms for events

Very powerful software and it can serve your organization regardless of size (and can expand with you as you grow. They have moved into the online presence very well and we have used them as a company with close to 100 rooms with little complaint.

We've used EMS for years and i would brag that there software was my favorite to use as a systems admin. easy to deploy and do monthly updates. However, that has dropped off severely in the last year or two. While it is not bad, it does not rise to the quality that I have come to expect from them.

Merrill
Director of Auxiliary Services in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

EMS Use on a Small Campus

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been happy with the product. As EMS has grow within Accruent it has been harder to know our reps and get basic support

I like the layout and structure and power of event organization

Overtime where they have developed has been more for flex space and international business I feel and less the original higher ed use and it need to coordinate with gmail

3 maanden geleden

Hello! Thank you for your EMS review! At Accruent, we are constantly working to better meet your needs and expectations, and this feedback is crucial to that process! We will pass this along to our product team. Thank you again.

Amanda
EMS Software Coordinator and Campus Trainer in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

EMS Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it's very powerful and wonderful to use. Implementation wise it's piece-mill. I would highly recommend before any University purchases it, they get buy in from campus leadership about unifying scheduling policies on campus before moving forward. Don't be cheap, get everything you need up front. Implementing it piece by piece is terrible especially if you have to engage multiple areas on campus to implement anything like we do. It's like herding wild buffalo... and that is because we didn't know better up front and we're staggering along with a ton of legacy issues because of it.

I love using and training ffolks in the software. It's robust and generally anyone who feels comfortable using a PC will enjoy it. We host the database, and the test and dev environment on our own servers in our computing center on campus rather than the cloud offerings by Accruent but a smaller university can really benefit from that service. It is an amazing and very flexible software, easy to train users on it and set up spaces and special use facilities fantastically .

Does not work for Apple OS, Web Client is not updated to keep up with newer versions of EMS Client so can cause template bugs and issues in teh client if items are created in the Everyday users admin tools. The mobile application is not really viable or working properly on the platform services, and the UIX is terrible according to any of my users who are trying it out. . They both seem to be the ugly step child of the client software. Support is more generic ticketing and less helpful and frustrating to engage with. It used to be one day turn around on solutions to an issue, it takes forever now. usually gets lost in ticket system hell, and they nickle and dime licenses under "professional services" outside of the paid for service agreement under accruents ownership these days. They close tickets before solving the problem to keep their "ticket" stats looking good I guess for potential buyers of the product it seems. Obviously it frustrates me as I've used the product since 2008 and loved it until the purchase of it by accruent.

Sandra
Facilty Scheduler in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

EMS Survey

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very disppointed with support a couple years ago but now it's a bit better. It still would be nice if there was an online chat option for help here and there with the sysem. I usually have to search and search the help documentation and take a few guesses if I need to implement something new.

I like that it will not allow me to double book anything... unless I really insist. I like the calendar feature

It's very hard to figure out and find features that help to get the job done. Support to do so was very poor but seems to have gotten better lately. There's a strange, back-door type method to fix the configuration on a combo room but I appreciate knowing the trick

2 maanden geleden

Thank you for your honest feedback! At Accruent, we strive to meet your needs and expectations at all times, and this input will help us further improve. We will pass your feedback along to the product and support teams.

Bibliotheken, 201-500 werknemers

Complex, yet easy at the same time.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We used EMS for internal and external events within our organization. We recently switched to Communico and I'm desperately missing EMS, which seemed built for our needs. We could easily tell what events were internal and which ones were external, what was a meeting and what was a special event.

EMS let us view all of our events happening in one day on one easy-to-view screen. I could easily sort via a drop down and insert things like furniture, a/v needs, and other information by copying it over from another event. I also liked the ability to copy an entire event without having to do much work. Reports are easy to read. I liked that I could see who created each event so I knew who to contact if I had questions.

There's a lot going on with this software. It seemed as though some ways of doing things were convoluted, but once I figured it out, it was easy. It was a little slow at times, but we DID have an outdated version.

Rebeka
Director of Membership in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

EMS

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this works very well for us and keeps a large organization running efficiently.

EMS has proven to be a good organization system for room bookings. We use it internally for a large synagogue where there are multiple classrooms and function rooms that are used all day, every day between the synagogue staff, day school staff and religious school staff.

The "look" of it is very antiquated. There must be a more attractive platform on which to present this software. Also, you have to go through (sometimes hard-to-find) wizards to duplicate booking details, and it always seemed like there must be a smoother way to accomplish that step.

Powerful tool with clunky interface

4,0 6 jaar geleden

EMS has a lot of powerful features and robust reporting. Their customer service is always willing to go the extra mile to help you out.

EMS pushes updates to the software at least monthly but a lot of bugs go unnoticed. Some of their notification features, the Web App and Room Sign App/Kiosk leaves much to be desired. I don't always feel that EMS values the input of their customers.

Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Very funconal

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: very help affordable software that allows us to reserve spaces all over campus.

We like EMS as it has a lot of flexibility that allows us to use it how we want to.

the lack of an api for integration. we wanted to integrate more with it but couldn't accomplish what we wanted.

3 maanden geleden

Hello! Thank you for leaving your review of EMS. At Accruent, we're constantly striving to meet your needs and exceed your expectations - and this feedback is crucial to that process. Thank you again.

Rachel
Manager for Conference and Event Services in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 10.000+ werknemers

Lots to Offer, Lots to Learn

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: EMS is very complicated up front because of everything that it offers. There are so many different uses and parts of the software, so it does have a steep learning curve. However, once you learn the system and its shortcuts, it is very useful and offers a lot for your organization.

I appreciate all of the different functions that this software offers. I use the reporting, calendar, and billing systems almost daily, and could not do my job without them. I am lucky that my designated customer service rep is knowledgeable in EMS, and can quickly guide me through any questions that come up.

Before switching to EMS Campus, the biggest issue we had was that only two users at a time could be on the software. Our team was too big for this, but once switching to Campus, it has been resolved. With EMS Campus, my biggest pet peeve is that everyone on our umbrella account has their own information in each drop down menu throughout the system, so it is difficult to keep the system clean and overly personalized for our office.

Laura
Director of Event Sales in VS
Uitvoerende kunsten, 11-50 werknemers

Great software, not so great support

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoyed working with the software. It was easy and did everything that I wanted it to do.

EMS is a robust platform with so many functionalities. It is relatively easy to learn and use. Their manual and online help resources are good.

I was disappointed with the sales rep for our account. We had been clients for several years and had the software on our server. When we made the decision to go cloud-based, there were other companies that were anxious to talk immediately and give us sample accounts to test. When I asked for the same from EMS, our sales rep was too busy for us. He wouldn't even set up an appointment less than one month out. I felt that he wasn't interested in our business so we switched to another company.

Gary
Engineer in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Easiest tool for setting meetings

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, EMS is an important tool in our day-to-day meetings. Overall, it is an easy software to use for setting up meetings. It's very responsive and has never crashed on me or disconnected my calls. I would high recommend for any businesses that operate virtually to use EMS as a video conference program.

The most I liked about using EMS is how easy it is to set up conference rooms for meetings. Compared to zoom, EMS has an easier interface and can allow my teammates to simply join rooms for meetings and set up scheduled times. In addition, the video conference calls are high in quality.

The least I liked about this software would probably be the interface. While it's easy to use, the UI may need an update in appearance as it appears to be outdated.

Muziek, 201-500 werknemers

EMS

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I work in a large event space and EMS helps to keep all of our info organized and everyone on the same page

I wish you could search out certain equipment being used throughout the building instead of viewing event by event.

Robert
Help Desk Manager in VS

Two of the facilities I support use EMS for scheduling room for events.

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: tracking of many events daily.

It will handle a lot of rooms, and provides details about what services and equipment is needed. The detailed lists can be edited and prompts the staff to ask for more information.

The interface is difficult to navigate, and reporting has a steep learning curve. We publish reports to support staff every morning because the interface is too difficult for them to navigate.

Emily
Facilities Service Representative in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Hidden Information

5,0 5 jaar geleden

We use EMS to create reservations, and other scheduling processes. I have found that finding the usage history is easy to access and there are several other filtering options like which time periods and properties. Once you have the hang of how to create a reservation, it really isn't too difficult. You just have to be practiced.

It's difficult to learn how to make a reservation, there are a lot of hidden spaces where you need to put information in other tabs. The way things are labeled in EMS don't really make sense, like to create a new reservation you have to click on Wizard not Book. When I put in the number of people on the reservation, I have to find a different tab to input the numbers.

Bruce
IT Specialist in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

EMS Software

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software once installed is quite solid and reliable. Updates come out periodically, but it's not necessary to install them all. Update scheduling is done at the convenience of the administrator.

The EMS suite requires a number of software installs which varies depending on institutional needs. This gives the institution great flexibility when deciding which modules are needed for any particular tasks.

There are a lot of moving pieces all requiring separate installs, and separate updates. I'm not viewing this as a negative, but it does come with the territory.

Jeanne
Director of Advancement in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

I have used EMS for years. I can do everything I need.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It helps multiple groups coordinate our facility usage here at our school and church. We are able to quickly and cleanly see whether a space is for use. It has streamlined communication about space usage over many users.

I like the level of detail it provides. You can see everything about an event quickly. You can drill down and create more levels of complexity however you see fit to use it.

It can be time consuming to really use it to its fullest and add all those event detiails, but its always optional. You can include as much or as little as you need.

Tammie
Service Center Rep/Office Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

EMS Review

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It can be a challenge to use it if you only use it about once a week to pull reports for each area who needs it.

I am able to see what events are occurring in which buildings we have on campus. One of the administrators has set up queries for me to look for specifics in our buildings. That saves me A LOT of time.

One of the recent complaints I have received from one of our craftsmen is that those who are doing the scheduling can override the system or skip some of the blocks that are purposely built in that causes them challenges.

Loreli
Admissions Coordinator in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Good system but not so user-friendly

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to use this to organize our rooms and events and communicate with each other.

I like that our office can use this software to log and communicate events with each other and keep track of everything.

The software is not too easy to use. There are quite a few functions that took us a while to figure out how to use.

Brian
Admissions Coordinator in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

EMS allows us to schedule events in our building with ease

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Scheduling events and reserving rooms has never been easier for our staff and students.

This software is a powerful tool for managing all of the rooms within our building allowing us to prioritize the needs of faculty and staff and giving access to reserve rooms for all who frequent our building.

Sometimes the interface can be a little clunky or glitchy when reserving a room. The interface feels a little dated but overall is an excellent product.

Facilitaire diensten

User-friendly compared to other systems but missing features

3,0 6 jaar geleden

At this time, I am able to complete everything I need with EMS (specifically Web Client EMS). You can customize your reports and easily schedule events. You can also add as much or as little detail as you need.

Customer Service has not been easy to work with (at least for us as Web based clients) and usually can not fix our issues. We have to fix them ourselves.

Kelsie
Facilities Service Representative in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Conveniently Easy

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It's really easy to find reservations that have been booked, and look at reservations that same day, in a week, month, or year. Which helps our organization plan ahead of time for set up and take down. The reports that we download are easy to read and sort through.

When we go through Wizard to create reservations, there are some details that we want to add but it's difficult to find how to add those reservations. I have not been able to find a way to add comments in the reservation, which can be frustrating for us and the customers that booked the reservation with us.

, 51-200 werknemers

After years of use we left

4,0 6 jaar geleden

The system is very robust and our staff could do alot of things with the system. Multiple staff could have access at any given time.

It was not intuitive. When we had turnover we lost knowledge base. On-boarding staff with this software was not easy.

Nathaniel
Instructor Evaluation Specialist in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

EMS User

5,0 4 jaar geleden

There is a department on our campus that schedules some of the events around parts of campus, and it's really easy to pull reports they create and look what events were booked so we can create work orders for setup, cleanup, repairs, and so forth. Those reports save me a lot of time, and I'm able to be more efficient in my assignments.

After we create a reservation, it has to be approved by the scheduling office. Sometimes they miss confirming it, therefore, reservations can get overridden because we had to depend on other people to confirm the reservation. This causes challenges with our customers and other departments that we would like to avoid.