I like using EHR. Disappointed that Carepaths stopped having rates for part time therapists.

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2017
Psychotherapist/Independent Social Worker
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's very easy to fill out clinical notes and file insurance claim forms. I also can get EOBs online and have them posted to clients' accounts. There is the ability to use video therapy which I have done a couple times. I can't really compare this to other EHRs

Minpunten: I started out paying as a part time therapist. Carepaths has now stopped having a part time fee and so I now pay high amount. That's a huge jump for someone seeing around 8 clients per week. I know I could stop using them, but now that all my clients are listed there, it's difficult to stop.
Other cons: when I see a couple, I have to set up two accounts for them to fill out paperwork as there isn't a way to have two signatures on Carepath's consent forms. Also, the clinical forms have a space to put in the client's next appointment but then that appointment time doesn't automatically transfer to the scheduling page. Carepaths doesn't ask for user feedback about usability. There have been several major software changes, but never did they ask users what we think might be useful.

Carepaths e-record makes the business of a psychotherapy practice more and more seamless every day.

Beth B.
L.C.S.W., Psychotherapist
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paperless record keeping, improved financial management, ease of filing claims, monitoring of patient's progress between sessions, telepsychiatry.

Pluspunten: As a sole proprietor, there is no need for my practice to have an administrator, as Carepaths makes scheduling, faxing, filing claims, billing, uploading documents, using note templates, uploading personal templates and assessment tools, providing telepsychiatry, messaging clients, and monitoring their progress all possible, in addition to having an overall paperless practice. The automatic posting of ERAs really makes the accounting piece easy. Psychiatrists can also prescribe from the system and payments can be accepted on Carepaths via Paypal. Carepaths staff respond quickly to questions about its general operation and continue to refine the program, offering cutting edge options for a practice at a very reasonable cost.

Minpunten: If there are insurance companies for which I don't get automatic ERAs and instead have to log-in paper EOBs, this seems to take a long time.

Overall positive

Robyn S.
LCSW
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Purchased it primarily for my own practice. Others have joined, fairly easy to teach others.

Pluspunten: ease of use for billing and note taking. Availability of video. Access to eob's from medicare. The customer support is always helpful and responsive.

Minpunten: Sometimes hard to get assistance (other times I barely wait an hour). When regulations change, for example icd 10, updates were not timely. I find accounting section to be too burdensome and use an excel spreadsheet instead. Not happy with that either. Would like to see something that is more user friendly for accounting. Would also like to have calendar synced with google calendar or have the carepath one on my telephone. The calendar is another feature I do not use as I need to have access to it all the time. Wish I could dictate my notes, I hear another program has this feature.

We have several clinicians using carepaths, and we have been pleased with the ease of use.

Linda B.
Clinical Supervisor/ co owner
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Customer service has always been very prompt, and carepaths is always updating to make is easier for the clinician.
They have many features that make it easy for us regarding billing, and running reports.

Minpunten: Our customers are having problems reading their bills. There are 4 options for sending statements, but so far we've not found one that customers understand clearly.
There are also times our billing gets stuck by the clearinghouse and we do not catch it. We wish there was an alert that this happened.
I love the reports I can get on carepaths, but as a supervisor I wish there was a way to run reports on each clinician, or pull up each clinicians caseload.

When I put a ticket in for help I never hear back.

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2017
Ann B.
Psychologist/Therapist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It is easy to use. There are a lot of forms to pick from so we had a lot of options to pick from. Drop down boxes are helpful. We don't use the billing feature so I can't comment on that. The email reminders are great. They really save me money because clients comment all the time about how the would have missed the appointment without the reminder.

Minpunten: When they do "updates" and "fix" things that were not broke but then work worse after the "fix". One time the did an update and the email reminders disappeared. That was a huge issue for my clients which means it was a huge issue for me. I sent over a dozen tickets to get help and nobody ever responded. Eventually, months later, I figured it out myself. That caused a lot of big headaches! I don't understand why I can submit a ticket but I never hear anything back and the ticket will say it was closed.

This is a terrific program! Great support!!!

Mary ann S.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ease of charting and prescribing.

Pluspunten: Ease of finding appropriate templates for charting and the ease of prescribing. I prescribe daily and the program is excellent.

Minpunten: Would like to have the ability to do prior auths when I am in the patient's chart. Currently I have to go to another site to do that. Also, would like to be able to fax more notes than 5 at each time. Many of my records are lengthly and numerous. It takes a lot of extra time to have to fax 5 charts at a time.

Good value for the money, not pretty, but functional and secure.

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017
Individual, Marriage & Family Therapist - Private Practice
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is a workhorse sort of product. Does the job but is not streamlined or as up to date as some others on the market. I used eRecords for over 3 yrs., so am quite familiar with it, even with that there are still aspects I just stay away from or don't know how to use.

Pluspunten: Overall this has what you need to operate a mental health clinic, small or large. The scheduling aspect works well, and how it interacts with notes to create a draft note upon checkin is a great feature.

Minpunten: Clunky to use but you can get used to fairly quickly. Notes could be better, they work, but other products have better, easier versions. Navigating in general has far more clicks than necessary. Reporting features take more time than I think they should. As the company has grown turnaround on help tickets have taken longer to complete.

Met most of the criteria I was looking for to transition to an EHR.

Beth T.
Program Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Straight forward formats, cost fits our non profit budget, decent customer service; auto update on progress notes

Minpunten: can not get real time reports; can not schedule appointments from progress note page; does not have tracking for 90 day reviews/treatment plans; treatment plan format is cumbersome; you can sign off on deaft with important info still missing

Does the job and recent improvements have been great!

Stacey S.
LMHC
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: billing, scheduling and client reminders

Pluspunten: The ease of Billing, scheduling and patient portal are awesome! Customer service is responsive and helpful with any issue by email or by phone. Portability of documentation is great!

Minpunten: Sometimes "clunky" to move from tab to tab, I wish it would sync ( at least free/busy) with my google calendar or ical

Carepaths keeps track of everything and the more parts we use the better it is.

Alyssa W.
Operations
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: All the records are available from anywhere and secure. All providers have access. All client docs can be uploaded.

Minpunten: The messaging system-it needs to look more like email. You cannot sort messages, you have no sent file, if you hit delete instead of reply, your message is gone. You cannot see who else has been copied. You cannot reply all. If you click on a message that is not at the top of the list (top 4) then you have to scroll up to read the message.

very complicated to learn the system, but useful for record keeping and insurance

Allison H.
clinical social worker
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Online medical record keeping is much more convenient and secure compared to paper charts. It saves me a great deal of time compared to when I used to do everything manually

Minpunten: The system is not user friendly and the Help responses are timely , but also complicated to understand

Efficient way to keep notes and manage business

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2017
Danette B.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Clinical notes section, pretty intuitive and well thought. Seems to keep updating with new features is good.

Minpunten: Minimal help support online and phone, more tutorials needed. Moving from section to section is often redundant or not clear, seems to loop.

With billing and notes, a few clicks and most of the work is done

Keith W.
Family Therapist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I never leave my office with work or notes to make the next day. Billing is automatic with compliance issues handled by the company. I never lose time or money and my payments from insurance is never more than a week behind.

Carepaths is challenging to learn but high on functionality, if you need full / many EHR features.

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2018
Tracy H.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: HIPPA compliant. Multiple functions: tele- therapy, comprehensive chart notes, etc. Cloud-based. Software continually progresses / improves / is enhanced. Records are easily downloaded for care coordination with other providers. Good Help feature and tutorials.

Minpunten: It is not the most intuitive to learn and there are quite a few clicks / steps to use features I need most often.

I have been using the eRecord for several years. It is economical and greatly improves my effeciency

Laurel B.
Psychotherapist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Makes me much more efficient and effective as a single practitioner.

Pluspunten: I like the ability to find useful templates that easily meet my needs. When there have been no templates available, I have been able to have forms made for my practice.

Carepaths is satisfactory, but not exactly ideal.

Erin E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Clinical forms are reasonably matched to my practice style and allow for use in whatever way I deem fit.

Minpunten: Navigation between pages is not intuitive. List of patients overlaps from page to page. Forms are not always practical and clients have difficulty understanding and using the platform.

Easy to learn, usually quick to respond

Timmy T.
Billing Associate
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The customer service is fantastic, they always respond to help tickets very quickly. It usually is pretty snappy and quick to respond, and is easy to learn to navigate for first time users.

Minpunten: There are times when certain features - mostly accounting - act slightly wonky. Luckily the good customer service tends to fix this quickly, but it can be frustrating at times.

I have used this program for several months and am really happy with how easy it is to use.

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017
Traci V.
LMFT, Owner
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It is very user friendly and I am not someone who is computer savvy. It is simple and makes things easy to remember. It makes writing my notes easy and I love the check boxes.

Minpunten: At times it is unavailable due to checks they are doing, but I did not receive information that a check would be being done so my notes were late.

Generally very satisfied

Sharon R.
Owner/therapist
Maatschappelijk werk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ease, piece of mind, less expense for billing

Pluspunten: Once I learned it, I find it easy to use. I like that it brings forward all pertinent information into new forms

Minpunten: I can not edit the forms myself to make updates or changes. The help or support people often times have to get back to me which does not solve an immediate issue.

Great Tool

Calleaghn K.
PsyD Student
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I find it easy to use overall, particularly the ease of creating reports. I like that it saves previous entries for ease of future entries. Any issues I've had have been the result of my organization's way of entering templates. Once they fixed that, problem solved.

Useful

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2017
Jelyn Y.
Licensed Psychologist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I like that I can have multiple records open to toggle between schedule and clinical notes. I also like the auto fill of previous session material so that I can build upon treatment.

An EMR and claims processing software that is a bit awkward to use.

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2018
Laura L.
Psychologist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The clinical health record works well and it does allow claims processing. It has tried to add new features.

Minpunten: Claims batching and processing is awkward. The software does not allow you to easily see or generate statistics and reports on practice income, numbers of claims paid, and other data.

It's been a love hate relationship at times. It's too much work to change to a new software but....

Stephanie U.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I like that I can submit claims through carepaths. I also like that they have access to hundreds of forms available for clinician use. I also like the free telemedicine included although it isn't as reliable as I would like.

Minpunten: It is difficult to use and difficult to maneuver. The insurance entry process is tedious and time consuming. The scheduling component is difficult to maneuver as well. Creating user names and passwords for the patient portal makes it not worth the hassle.

It's improved and price is great

Beoordeeld op 24-1-2013
Catherine M.
Psychiatrist
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: This one works the best of any I've seen and the price has been a blessing, I can actually afford it.

Pluspunten: - monthly fee is low
- constantly upgrading
-ONC certified
- can be more customized esp. for those used to paper notes.
- billing has worked great
- One price for whole suite of services, billing, documents, reports, scheduling, etc.

Minpunten: - for me documentation is always challenging

Hard to learn

Dana B.
NP
Medische praktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Fulfill requirement for electronic medical records

Minpunten: Format for COMHPA Supernotes; AMHA Supernote 4 Does not make good use of paper. Many blank spots on the form when printed out.