Paylocity

John larry V.
Fraud Prevention Specialist
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love Paylocity. My only con isn't an everyday issue that many users will encounter. It was mainly my bad luck. I would highly recommend this product for those that work remotely. I love that I don't have to get to a computer to clock in and out. The app is super easy to use, a child can figure it out in a jiffy.

Pluspunten: clock in / clock out from ANYWHERE Keep track of your hours with a simple click missed punch? No problem. you can fix it yourself (if your HR didn't lock you out of it that is) Impressions section: Your company can give you praises and make it public.

Minpunten: There was a time that my bank account got compromised so my direct deposit info needed to be changed. It took my HR department a long time to get my info updated and for my pay check to be sent. I work remotely so Paylocity sent my paycheck to my company's office then my company sent the pay check to me through snail mail... with bad luck usps lost the letter.... getting my paycheck processed again took an entire pay period to receive my paycheck.

A Good Fit For Us

Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020
Cher K.
Senior Accountant
Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our experience overall has been a good one. Personally, I believe Paylocity is a good fit for our company. It’s enabled us to manage all of our payroll needs for our company, including multiple departments and cost centers. Processing payroll is fairly easy and straightforward. Paylocity handles all of the payroll deductions and sends the payments to the appropriate tax/government agency/insurance company etc. Employees get an electronic pay stub which can be printed if they wish. By going into the Employee Portal, they can also view or print their older pay stubs at any time. This gives employees a lot of visibility into their own pay history. Some employees have had difficulty navigating the system but most seem to appreciate the employee portal.

Pluspunten: Paylocity's WebPay offers a large number of standard reports, and also the ability to create custom reports. I haven’t tried to create a custom report as the reports we use were already created and in use by the time I was hired. I have to say that I’ve found the reports we use give me all the information I need as an accountant, and I’m happy with the level of detail I have access to in the reports and the ability to export the data into an Excel file. We're quite pleased with the customer service we've received. We have a dedicated payroll specialist at Paylocity who has been very responsive whenever we’ve needed assistance. Sometimes she will need to look into an issue for me and get back to me. She always comes through in a timely fashion and we have no complaints about support.

Minpunten: Some of our employees have complained that they have trouble navigating the employee portal. Typically these have been employees that aren’t terribly tech savvy, so if you have similar issues there could be a learning curve but eventually most can learn to use the system without too much trouble.

Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019
Jennifer W.
Marketing Coordinator
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pluspunten: We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Minpunten: It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

Paylocity - Web Pay

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2014
Cherina A.
Marketing en reclame
3.5/5
2.5/5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Minpunten: One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Paylocity

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2020
Kendall H.
Senior Corporate Recruiter
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall Paylocity is great, I love the onboarding, for the most part, is good with PTO feature works well and it is an easy system to keep track of the staff.

Pluspunten: I love the onboarding process, that the candidates get sent the onboarding paperwork before they start, that it is easy for me to set them up and for them to do the paperwork.

Minpunten: I do not understand that you have to put in so much detail about the pay. The salary, hourly, weekly, I feel that you should put in the salary and that it should then do the math for you. Also, for the PTO tracking, I feel that it should show you what you have left to use after you book the day off so that people do not feel they have more time available to take off than they really do.

AVOID.

Beoordeeld op 22-6-2019
Stephanie G.
Head of Operations
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have not had much success with my account manager. I have not had a great experience with the setting up of the product, and ultimately left Paylocity.

Pluspunten: Paylocity looks great, and offers a lot of functionality. It's fairly easy to jump in and start using on some levels; but you can build it to be as sophisticated as you need. This is probably good software for large companies that want to build a lot of compliance and have remote workers. It worked well for us for our remote staff. Some of their payroll specialists are great; and it's never a super long wait for phone or chat support.

Minpunten: They have some kind of staffing issues, or managerial issues because their support experience is very spotty and unreliable. I've had to pay for services I didn't end up needing to have. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with their tax team. Your account manager MEANS NOTHING. They won't check in on your account, they won't be actively watching over anything. The set up barrier of entry here is high; you will have to spend a lot of time setting your stuff up, and it can be convoluted. I had THREE separate login ID's, they claim this was cause of our different classes of workers... which made little sense. I

WebPay To Monitor Employee Time Off and Other HR Functions

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020
Flor F.
Financial Aid/Compliance Manager
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would say that this is a great Human Resource tool where you can see all pertinent HR information and data for people you supervise. Plus, Form W2 is available in it.

Pluspunten: I can see how much Paid Time Off my staff has available before I approve them for their current and future requests.

Minpunten: Constant checking or changing of password required. I know this is for security purposes but sometimes it annoys me that if I use a different computer I am always asked for the security questions.

Extremely Easy To Use

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Mariah C.
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I do think having tried other websites that serve the same purpose, that paylocity is the most effective.

Pluspunten: Using this software is very straightforward. It's very easy to access old paychecks, tax information, payroll information, etc.

Minpunten: There are often issues with logging in when needing to clock in or clock out. I've reset my passwords or had to open a browser on another computer to log in. Not sure why this occurs, but it happens to my fellow coworkers as well.

Easy to use for employee database

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2020
Akia L.
Coordinator
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All of our employees use paylocity and like the ease of the functions.

Pluspunten: I really like the app that is available for the smartphone. I can look up my hours and view my paystubs, vacation time, sick time etc...

Minpunten: the only con I found was that the time sheet feature does not capture time until the shift is completed.

Recent customer

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2019
Mary A.
human resource director
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are still getting to know them so I am hoping as we move away from implementation that the customer service will be good. I am not with them long enough to comment yet.

Pluspunten: The system itself seems strong. Our payroll implementation went very well and I was happy with the training and the support on the payroll side. Our first few payrolls were processed without a hitch.

Minpunten: The implementation for HR felt very rushed. I was involved on both sides of the implementation and I noticed a very big difference in the level of support for payroll vs HR. They do have videos that we can watch and that is helpful.

Does what I need it to but there are better options available.

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2017
Adam D.
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.

Pluspunten: The customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.

Minpunten: The software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.

Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2018
Chandler I.
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pluspunten: I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Minpunten: Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

Easily Manage your Timecard, PTO, Benefits, and More with Paylocity!

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Krissy V.
Assistant Property Manager
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used this service for clocking in/clocking out an managing employee time cards.

Pluspunten: One of my favorite things about Palocity that makes it stand out from other software is the ability to customize and make a profile. You can connect with other teammates, and give each other props and recognition. It really helps build internal relationships, which is a really unique feature for a payroll software.

Minpunten: The interface for Paylocity is a little confusing in my opinion. It can be a little difficult to navigate the platform when you are new to the software. Sometimes I feel like commonly used tabs/links require a couple of clicks to access, instead of being readily available on the main homepage.

Paylocity Review

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2016
Cil A.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.

Pluspunten: The "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.

Minpunten: Our company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.

Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.

Pluspunten: The support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.

Minpunten: Since our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.

Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2018
David F.
Managing Partner
Filantropie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.

Pluspunten: Paylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.

Minpunten: I can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.

Administrative Director

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Tammy L.
Administrative Director
Medische praktijk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is more time efficient with respect to hand entering time. There also is the fact that you can't make a punch-in error. All in all, over time I think this will be a great solution. There is just a lot to learn up front.

Pluspunten: It is very convenient that it flows directly into Payroll. You can still make changes once it has been sent to the Payroll side, which is very nice in case you miss something. It saves a lot of time entering everyone's various hours, PTO, sick, etc. It is a huge time saver from that respect. The steps to do payroll are quite a bit more, but it is still nicer than entering all the time.

Minpunten: Trying to fix a time card where someone either forgot to punch out or punched out/in late and has to be corrected tends to be an issue. Additionally, when looking at the time off calendar it will only show so many names and then you have to click another button to see the remaining names of the people who are off. I wish the calendar would expand to allow all names to show so no scheduling errors would occur.

Great HRIS System

Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Britnie T.
Human Resources Assistant
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pluspunten: This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Minpunten: Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2018
Marie E.
Human Resources
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Minpunten: Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pluspunten: Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Minpunten: I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2017
Jennifer O.
Vice President, HR Manager
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Minpunten: Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella.

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2018
Megan V.
HR Manager
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Minpunten: There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.

Paylocity Web Time

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
K michele L.
Research Coordinator
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In our company, we use Paylocity Web Time to record the time we work for each day, which allows us to reflect our accountability to our supervisor in real-time regardless of whether he/she is in the office, at a meeting off-site, or out in the field.

Pluspunten: I've been using the Paylocity application for two years. I use Web Time to clock in for the day, sign out to take a break or lunch, or to clock out at the end of each work day. I also use the Web Time feature to request time off when I need to schedule a professional day off (PTO). The thing I like most about Paylocity and the Web Time feature is how easily accessible it is. So whether a user works in an office or out in the field, Paylocity Web Time is easily available to use for the user via their desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.

Minpunten: In the past two years, I have yet to discover a con about the Web Time feature.

A great software for payroll and HR!

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2018
eCademy Teacher
Religieuze instellingen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!

Minpunten: This software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.

You can do SOOO much better

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019
Leighann S.
HR Manager
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: None. I spent SOO much time trying to fix issues on a regular basis. Complete waste of time.

Pluspunten: GPS tracking for mobile punchers. Nothing more

Minpunten: Oh gosh...how much time do you have??? There are so many issues. I guess I'll try to hit the highlights. The City mandated paid sick time- it took them SIX MONTHS to get this programmed CORRECTLY. My ACA forms were completed incorrectly. I received notices from the IRS for two of my four companies that the forms needed to be redone and resubmitted. Paylocity never responded to my WEEKLY requests for updates on the status of the corrections. I ended up manually correcting and resubmitting myself. We made updates to our 401k plan. It took a month for them to get the matches calculated correctly and we didn't know until Q3 that when they did the set-up, they click a box to over-ride IRS regs (WHY is there even such a thing???) so I had employees that over contributed and over matched. When raising the issue with PL, the Rep said to just refund the excess (clearly he had no idea about 401k rules). On another occassion, last check of the year, my payroll person had to re-process a check for someone with 401k. When re-running the check she noticed the 401k contribution was missing (she didn't realize he hit the yearly max) so she contacted Paylocity. The Rep told her to CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE'S DOB!!!! so the system would allow a catch-up contribution and then change it back after she processed the check. HE WAS NOT ALLOWED A CATCH-UP. Needless to say, the employee received a distribution the next year for the excess contribution. HORRIBLE response to issues.