Evaluation of Igloo

Wayne K.
Technical Writer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I routinely use Igloo to view company announcements that are broadcast across multiple sites within our Intranet, and I also use it to access and upload files that are used across multiple departments within our organization.

Pluspunten: It typically doesn't require many steps to perform the most common operations. It is also helpful that Igloo supports a variety of file types.

Minpunten: Some of this comes with working with the application I realize, but I wish you could find a way to make versioning more transparent. I recently received some helpful instruction from a fellow employee about uploading a more recent version of a document without having to delete the prior document and running the risk of messing up the path/location of the document (important because other departments link to that document from their own Igloo pages). After right-clicking, I realized how obvious the step was, but I wish there had been a way to show this on the page; I'll keep working with Igloo on this.

The most user friendly intranet you could ever ask for!

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Olivia T.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As someone who switched from SharePoint to Igloo, I was AMAZED by how user friendly it was. Not only for administrators, but for our employees using the intranet as well. Have a file you need to move? No problem. Need to edit the file but don't have time to re-download the latest version? Easy! Igloo makes collaboration on an intranet fun, easy and stress free...what more could you ask for?

Pluspunten: We have a large department that continually collaborates on certain files and folders in Igloo, so the fact that we can reserve or archive old material or versions is extremely helpful. I also really enjoy the fact that you can edit a document in word, powerpoint, or excel without the hassle of downloading a new version; you can simply open a document and save in one motion.

Minpunten: As easy as it is to use, sometimes it is too simple. Would like it to be more complex when designing pages, but it still looks great.

Best platform for building a team portal!

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2019
Host Team Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are so thankful for Igloo helping us to create our staff portal! It's revolutionized how we conduct global interview events and how we resource multiple locations across the nation.

Pluspunten: The personal consulting from Igloo and customization were key to helping our organization scale our intranet/portal. The app is super simple to use, and integrates our global calendars, events planning tools, and other resources so perfectly for our fast-paced environment!

Minpunten: The people directory feature is not quite as nimble as I imagined it'd be for an organization of 700+ employees. We have a somewhat unique structure and it's been challenging to figure out how to look up teams, leaders and locations effectively. It would also be great to be able to add contact cards directly to my mobile device from the directory feature.

Fantastic Intrant Platform

Beoordeeld op 23-3-2019
Director, IT
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Excellent from sales through to implementation and support.

Pluspunten: Igloo comes ready out of the box for you to use it. It contains the basic tools for you to get an intranet up and running quickly. The product contains "solutions" that you can plug in for many common business functions like Employee Onboarding, Company News, Department Site, Project Sites. There is no technical complexity to getting the software up and running, its all about communication and change management within your organization.

Minpunten: There isn't much not to like about this product. It deploys quickly and easily. If anything I would say that they could build out the integrations a bit more.

The Billtrust Igloo "Trusty" Experience

Jenine L.
Knowledge Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our executive team had doubts that we could roll out a much needed knowledge management tool that came packaged within an Intranet system effectively. They were all pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went and how quickly we were able to meet our go-live targets.

Pluspunten: Very easy to manage and maintain. The ease of use helps to win buy in from your users. 95% of our company is up and running with uploads, postings, blogs etc.

Minpunten: There are certain limitations to the software that makes it necessary for a more time consuming work -around. Igloo is working hard utilizing their Client Success resources to implement enhancements to address these limitations.

It really is an Intranet tool we like!

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2017
Jenine L.
Knowledge Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've been using Igloo software for a little over a year now and it continues to amaze me how well it connects your company. All the different teams are able to collaborate and be kept in the loop about events taking place in all locations and departments across the company. The best part is that it is easy to manage and maintain by all members of the community. Love this tool.

Pluspunten: Ability for all users in the community to maintain their own spaces.

Minpunten: Would like to see some future enhancements in the searching capability and other little areas of functionality.

Great alternative to Sharepoint

Beoordeeld op 27-2-2018
Joe P.
Systems Administrator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use and manage. Excellent customer support and service. Great value for the money. Always improving their product.

Minpunten: There is very little to dislike about this software. It does everything our organization needs it to do with very little customization.

Cool Functionality and Collaboration tool

Nancy S.
Director of Compliance
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm in Igloo everyday and it has made my job in Compliance easier to track policy read and signoff and task follow through.

Pluspunten: Ease of file upload. I like the broadcast functionality. Task workflow is good too at the document level.

Minpunten: I wish the viewing document box was bigger. I usually do download or edit document just to view the document in a larger size.
I know you can hover over the date a document was uploaded for details of date and time. I have many documents saved and frequently I like to search by the most recent date and time to find the document quicker rather than the alphabetic view.

Happy with our new intranet

Maria P.
Employee Engagement Strategist
Vastgoed, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Igloo has enabled us to create a more dynamic and user-friendly intranet experience for our employees. The customer experience team have been a great support and wealth of knowledge.

Pluspunten: The widgets are easy to use and there seem to be a steady flow of enhancements from Igloo

Minpunten: Other than the knowledge base and FAQs, there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive "how to" guide. It would be great if there were videos explaining some of the more complicated features.

Easy to use intranet solution! Loved to be able to get all of our useful information in one place

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2017
Matt G.
Support Supervisor
Sport, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Became more organized and moved information quicker to allow my team to be more efficient

Pluspunten: allowed our team to gather useful information in one place, which we could search for later if needed. No longer using individual documentation and moving between platforms.

Minpunten: so far I have not run into any cons. I really enjoy the way this functions and how it has helped my department. Maybe some of the setup was difficult at first, so be prepared for a slight learning curve.

A software that is very easy to use

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019
Leo M.
CSR II
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good experience. I would use this for years.

Pluspunten: This is a great help on our duties. The feature that you can edit a document on MS office is a really great perk. This is a very easy to use software that we employees are able to utilize.

Minpunten: Looking up for some of the employees is difficult because we are somewhat thousands employed on our company. Still a good product on my opinion.

A solid intranet service for companies

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Nick D.
Designer and Field Specialist
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: - Very easy to configure and deploy for your company
- Users can maintain their own personal sites/information
- Simple interface to add and modify information

Minpunten: - Not a fault of the software, but we had trouble with user buy-in that resulted in a slow ramp up process
- User resistance was due in part to no comprehensive tutorial on how to navigate and use Igloo.

A beautiful looking intranet software, but hard to set up

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Jeremy A.
Project Coordinator
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Igloo has everything - blogs, feeds, instant messaging, groups...etc. It really is full featured and can be customized anyway that works for your organization. Igloo also looks fantastic. Even right out of the box, the software shines and has a very new look and feel.

Minpunten: Igloo is very hard to set up and you need to pay for a higher tier of service to really get hands-on help. Since it's so exceptionally customizable, it's hard to (1) determine the best way to set it up and (2) actually set it up.

Great Enterprise tool

James C.
Vice President Business Optimization
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was the executive who was tasked with sourcing an enterprise KM tool. Igloo offers that and so much more the with the configurable intranet.

Pluspunten: Deployed with very little support from our IT team. Business was able to stand this up very quickly. Fast adoption by employees. Need only a small team to administer it.

Minpunten: Does not integrate with gmail. Limited sales force integration.

Igloo is a great collaboration and project task allocation/management platform

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2019
Scott R.
Machine- en installatiebouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Igloo is a fantastic resource for small to medium sized businesses. It allows us to collaborate on project specific tasks in a simplified layout.

Minpunten: Igloo is lacking in project management features compared to other platforms.

Service makes all the difference

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Kristin H.
Manager of Communications
Overheidsadministratie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After exploring three intranet providers, we chose Igloo because the people who helped us through the process were helpful, professional and truly cared about our needs as an organization. They were the only software providers to take the time to ask about our specific needs (we're a small organization) and tailor the sales demo based on those needs.

Pluspunten: We are in the implementation phase but so far it's extremely user-friendly and the features are easily adjusted based on size and scope of project.

Trusty for Billtrust

Catherine G.
Six Sigma Black Belt
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Love everything about the interface and functionality. It is extremely easy to post content and monitor who sees it. The folder and archive structure is also very good

Pluspunten: Ease of use - straightforward interface

Minpunten: version control is a little funky

Where is it?

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2016
Tiffany M.
Administrative Assistant
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am excited about the idea of this site and use it daily but I am sure that there are many features that I could be utilizing more than the few I use currently.

Pluspunten: The availability of information from all departments for our company.

Minpunten: There are no ntaifications when new posts are added for the different departments. I am also frustrated with the search feature and the non-existant date/time stamps. When researching past posts, I try to do keyward searches but nothing populates to suit my purpose. Also, when scrolling to "view more" I find it inconvenient notto see the actual date a post was made but rather "2 weeks ago" or "13 days ago". I am not liking the fact that I have to hunt through the different

Great alternative to Sharepoint

Joseph P.
Enterprise Documentation Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great alternative to Sharepoint, much easier to manage with a lot less resources. It has all the core functionality with out all the excess bells and whistles.

Great interface

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2017
Luis J.
Business Development
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use. It is very very responsive to all kind of devices. Tha best option to us in the markets.

Minpunten: It is very expensive, you need a credit card mandatorily and the prices are high!
If you are not involve in the business, I definitely not recommend it.

Trusting Trusty

Beoordeeld op 13-7-2016
Barbara C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have had limited time using the product. So far I find uploading of files to be easy. Some of my colleagues say that they have trouble finding things. But I am not sure if that is because of your product or due to the way items are organized on the site. Time will tell once we are fully integrated.

Pluspunten: Too soon to tell.

Minpunten: Again not enough time to accurately answer.

Lots of features, easy to get started and keep discovering new things.

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Software Manager
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The learning curve is friendly, it's easy to just get going but then there are many features that can be discovered as needed.

Minpunten: The UX is not always consistent across features so things that work one way in some places work another way in others.

Igloo Implementation

Catherine S.
Bus Ops Black Belt
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a user, I find the product fairly simple to use. Posting documents and managing version controls is standard. The Chatter feature could be better if I could post the same items across multiple pages easily and if pictures could be larger.

Pluspunten: Document management

Minpunten: Pictures are too small and can't click to view larger

Very organized information platform!

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Training and Development Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The layout is super customizable and easy to use. We have tested a few different layouts and found what works best for us. I like how visitors can interact with posts and articles posted. It allows us to have a one-stop-shop for all internal content in regards to our company, different teams and office locations. It allows users to easily access this information in a clear, organized way.

Minpunten: Nothing negative stands out with Igloo yet! It has been a great transition for our company.

Solid tool for business use

David F.
Senior Black Belt
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: this is a tool the business uses to accomplish our daily tasks and used as the basic medium for our internal communication

Pluspunten: ease of use

Minpunten: lack of online training to guide new employees through