Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Shopify

Shopify is een handelsplatform dat verkoop eenvoudig maakt voor iedereen – online, op een winkellocatie en alles daartussenin.

Meer informatie over Shopify

3.284 reviews worden weergegeven

Lee'ann B.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019

"Shopify is easy to launch and manage"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been positive using Shopify as my shopping cart for my store. I felt the transition from Magento was pretty simple - although I did not do the migration that is an option, I ended up starting a brand new site.

Pluspunten: I currently use Shopify for my “side hustle” business - selling retro and vintage style dresses online - www.retrovintagedresses.com I previously used Magento for my shopping cart before switching over to Shopify. I like that it’s an easy platform to get set up on and deploy. Also, I love that you can easily create a catalog on business manager to sell products on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely easy to use.

Minpunten: I don’t have any cons that I can think of with Shopify. I’ve been using it for over 2 years and have not had any major issues or set backs.

• Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Paulo D.
CTO
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-5-2020

"Best way to save time and money in e-com while still having a complete experience"

Opmerkingen: Excellent alternative that saves us a lot of headache and time, and provides our two stores with complete easy-to-install, no-middlemen solutions to convert more.

Pluspunten: First of all, Shopify saves you a lot of time – specially if you're starting your e-com site by yourself and don't have a lot of technical expertise – as it is hugely flexible while being simple to use. Need a theme? There are hundreds of free and paid ones on themes.shopify.com. Multilingual features? Upsell features? All sorts of different marketing and client retention techniques? The Shopify App Store has hundreds of amazing apps. Automation to save you time while fulfilling orders with AliExpress? Oberlo has your back. POD? Printify connects to it. A free logo? hatchful.shopify.com Expert help? experts.shopify.com (plus numerous tutorials on YouTube). Tips? Oberlo's 101. Anyway, it is complete. You don't get that sort of stuff with Magento or WooCommerce.

Minpunten: The product editor is quite annoying. Sometimes you edit product variations, save it, then seconds/minutes later it goes back to where it was. So you have to keep saving and updating the page depending on what you work. Plus, the Text/HTML editor is not so "rich" as it seems. Constantly having trouble. I recommend using a free alternative HTML editor online and then pasting the code there.

• Beoordeeld op 21-5-2020
Mary garvey B.
OWNER
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2020

"Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website"

Opmerkingen: Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesn’t do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they don’t work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pluspunten: It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Minpunten: WHERE DO I BEGIN:
-inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records.
-to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it.
-to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly
-you can not do a credit on someone’s account if they return something...You need to either return their money or give them a gift card it is awkward and difficult to use.
-if you mark an order pending payment you cannot take payment on the POS system.
-you cannot add any vender information that is not visible to your customers.
-the duplicate feature when adding products doesn’t work properly....to hard to explain what should be duplicated and what shouldn’t but trust me it wasn’t created by someone that understands business

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2020
Marko M.
Student
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2020

"Shopify Top All in One Tool aber nicht günstig"

Opmerkingen: Shopify ist ein Anfängerfreundliche Software mit der man innerhalb von ein paar Stunden einen professionellen Shops aufstellen kann.

Pluspunten: Man muss kein Experte sein um Shopify nutzen zu können, Shopify gibt einem einen super einfache Toolbox zur verfügung in der schon viel vor eingestellt ist, einfache shop aufsetzung mit kaufabwicklung und durch den Appstore mit vielen zusätzlichen Apps für jeden ist was dabei.

Minpunten: besonders für den deutschen Markt fehlen mir viele rechtliche dinge, z.b. muss man eigenständig die Häkchen für AGBs und Datenschutz Zustimmungen einsetzen lassen und es ist auch kein richtiges Rechnungssystem hinterlegt somit muss man wieder tief in die Tasche greifen um das mit apps auszugleichen. auch die Transaktionsgebühren für jede einzelne Bestellung kann sich summieren am ende des Monats kann durch die Gebühren ein großer Teil des Gewinns schrumpfen

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2020
Tori S.
Solutions Engineer
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-4-2020

"Shopify is a GAMECHANGER if you Run an Ecommerce Business"

Opmerkingen: I don't think we will ever leave Shopify. It's affordable and easy to use - what more could you want from a product that is used to run your business.

Pluspunten: I can't stress enough how much I LOVE Shopify. I run my mom's business for her (an ecommerce site) and we set up the entire thing from scratch, with little knowledge of the platform. They have both free and paid templates to choose from for your site and they are very customizable. The fact that these templates scale to mobile with zero input from us is incredible We've been using it for over 5 years and we couldn't be happier. It is SO easy to use. Their customer support is unmatched - they are open 24 hours and always help us through even the most simple kinds of questions ("how do I upload a new image?"). The inventory feature is great and keeps everything organized. If you sell an item offline, you can easily adjust inventory in your dashboard so no mistakes are made.

Minpunten: There aren't many things I don't like about Shopify. I think my biggest ask is that there should be more free templates available for use. The Shopify made templates are the best because they integrate seamlessly with the product. For some users, software is a scary thing, so instead of jumping to buy a cooler template, I think users would be responsive to more free templates to try.

• Beoordeeld op 16-4-2020
Edwin W.
Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 23-6-2020

"Shopify Product Review"

Opmerkingen: Very pleasing.

Pluspunten: To be entirely honest, everything about Shopify is a huge plus. It's a game-changer in the eCommerce industry and if any business wants to keep up with online sales, Shopify is the only way to go.

Minpunten: Not many cons, I would say. Took a few days to get the hang of their user dashboard. However, it's robust features, hundreds of apps, and hundreds of themes, are more than enough for their pricing.

• Beoordeeld op 23-6-2020
Lindsey D.
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

"User-friendly e-commerce solution"

Opmerkingen: Shopify allowed us to easily incorporate e-commerce into our offerings.

Pluspunten: Shopify is a fantastic platform for a small retail boutique like ours that needed to quickly adapt to the changing shopping culture due to the pandemic. Within a matter of days, we were able to import items into our online store so that we could start offering an e-commerce option for our customers. We were delighted about the ease of use, especially on the customer-facing side. We only need the basic tier of Shopify's tier options, which makes it extremely affordable for us. We highly recommend Shopify!

Minpunten: The learning curve can be quite steep if you're trying to import products into Shopify using the CSV upload process. The spreadsheet itself requires very specific things in order to import the products correctly. However, Shopify has a lot of great help articles that go through the spreadsheet needs line by line. It took some time to learn, but after that, creating the spreadsheets and importing the products is a breeze.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020
Alexandria K.

"Best switch ever"

Pluspunten: Customer service is fantastic when I need them. Easy to use and make changes overall. They are also doing what they can to support businesses during this COVID-19 crisis.

Minpunten: I do wish they had the gift card option on all levels of their website packages all of the time.

VP of Innovation
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-6-2020

"Great ecommerce platform with endless extensibility "

Opmerkingen: Great solution for fast growing retailers. Easy to implement with our without a partner. Integration is pretty easy as integrations go.

Pluspunten: Very easy to get up and running, Great developer community and support. Investing and growing platform functionality over time. Great tools Out of the Box.

Minpunten: With power comes responsibility. Reliance on add ons can slow down site and make it buggy. Master data import export could be improved.

• Beoordeeld op 24-6-2020
Simisara J.
Project Coordinator and Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2020

"Good platform to launch a website with minimal coding skills"

Opmerkingen: It is good for small to medium businesses to launch their website as well as single owner proprieters looking to sell products. Customization of any features would require high end coding skills in Java.

Pluspunten: Simple drag and drop features to build pages within websites. Ecommerce websites can also be built. Many themes are available on the market to customise the websites.

Minpunten: Hosting fees is too high. Third party plugins are expensive. Any plugin that is custom built needs to be developed in Java for integration with Shopify website.

Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Farmaceutica, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-6-2020

"Simple and Easy E-commerce platform!"

Opmerkingen: When we launched our web store back in 2016 we looking for something simple yet robust. After reviewing with several e-platform software we decided to try Shopify and haven't really looked back. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up their own e-commerce site.

Pluspunten: Love the simplicity of it. Shopify made it was easy to create/build/manage our own web store. The monthly fees are reasonable and the transaction fees are low if you compare it to selling on Amazon. It gives us an alternative platform to sell with the potential for higher margins/profits. In terms of designing your website, Shopify's themes and tools allowed us to create a simple yet elegant web store. On the back end, it's fairly easy and straightforward to manage your store. Shopify also provides a lot of in-depth analytics to help you understand your customers and provide potential insights on how to improve sales. Shopify also integrates seamlessly with our Stitch inventory software which in turn syncs to our Shipstation for shipping (Shopify: front web store > Stitch: inventory software > Shipstation: shipping software). I think for anyone who has the desire to sell online, Shopify is definitely a solution for you.

Minpunten: 1. Managing discount codes can get tricky if you have recurring/subscription orders. Recurring/subscription orders requires a plug-in called Bold and it applies discount codes differently from the Shopify platform (one-time purchases). Meaning if you wanted to have the same discount code, with the same discount applied, and applicable to one-time orders and recurring/subscription order, then that discount codes need to be entered in both Shopify and Bold. The method/calculation to enter in discount codes in both Shopify & bold are different as well. There's just a bit of extra work here. Also, once a Bold discount code is created it cannot be edited once saved. Shopify discount codes are editable after it's created and saved.
2. Another thing about Bold plug-in is when you update an existing recurring/subscription customer's order you can't instantly push an order through. You must wait until it processed through its auto-order process which for us is close to midnight local time. It'll be great if you're on the phone with a customer to have the ability to say the updates are completed, everything looks good, and we've processed the order, and it will be shipped right away. Right now, the quickest you can get the order processed is basically the next day.

• Beoordeeld op 10-6-2020
Heather T.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-1-2020

"Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)"

Opmerkingen: I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pluspunten: I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial . You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours. Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits. With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Minpunten: I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps! I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

• Beoordeeld op 10-1-2020
Jeremiah P.
Head of Technology
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020

"Hands down the easiest eCommerce platform"

Opmerkingen: I resisted Shopify for a long time because I absolutely love WooCommerce and the concept of open source software. Over the years Shopify has won me over with it's ease-of-use. If your site requires a very high level of complexity, i.e. dynamically generating ebooks, built-in queue technology, sophisticated subscriptions, etc. I'll usually recommend using something like WooCommerce. Or if you literally have zero budget for a website... Otherwise, it's Shopify all the way. Shopify's prices are very fair, it's easy for admins and staff alike to use, and it integrates with all the most critical 3rd party tools. There are very rare cases in which you won't have access to a technology you want, and if that's the case the API is robust enough to allow for a custom developed solution to most of those problems. Shopify is arguably the best overall eCommerce platform, with WooCommerce being the only other system that gives it a real run for its money.

Pluspunten: Shopify is the easiest eCommerce platform and offers an excellent combination of ease-of-use and power. I love WooCommerce (have used it for site builds since 2012), but Shopify has become my new go-to for basic eCommerce builds in recent years. If you know what you're doing you can literally get a simple Shopify site up and running in less than 2 hours. The plugin and theme marketplaces on Shopify are phenomenal. They're not as extensive as the WP plugin marketplaces, but the overall quality is better, making up for the quantity gap. There are still a few holes compared to something like WooCommerce, but Shopify will do 95% of what you could imagine doing on an eCommerce site, and do it easier than anyone else. Stability may be the biggest selling point of Shopify. Because you don't control the server, database, or mid-tier code, the hard maintenance is all done by Shopify automatically. Most serious eCommerce businesses make back their subscription just in the maintenance cost savings.

Minpunten: Shopify is not nearly as flexible as something like WooCommerce or Magento because you don't have access to the server's backend code or the database. This makes it harder (and sometimes even impossible) to build out really sophisticated solutions to difficult data oriented problems. That said, those kinds of problems are rare and most businesses will be able to find alternative solutions. Shopify is going to run you $30/month+. Compared to a lot of the open source options out there this can feel expensive. Apps can drive that price higher very quickly. For most small businesses they're going to find themselves paying $50-$100/month for the features they need to drive their online sales. If you're willing to go without some functionality (or find a free alternative) you can keep that cost in the $30-$50/month range.

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019

"The only platform I would use for Ecommerce"

Opmerkingen: I work with a lot of websites that are ecommerce-based, and the headaches you'd expect to come with complex ecosystems are so much less frequent with Shopify than they are with Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
While other systems frustrate me to a point where I say "eh, I just won't even try to do 'task x' ", Shopify has a simple enough engine and vast enough app store that I feel like very few tasks are insurmountable.

Pluspunten: From startup stores to enterprise solutions, Shopify has a structure that any site can use (and excel with). The templates available give each store a 'custom' feel, and the platform-side checkout solution prevents a lot of hiccups and downtime that would be caused by inexperienced developers trying to manipulate that crucial step in the funnel.

Minpunten: Lately (fall 2019), Shopify has had quite a bit of downtime. Because they host so many stores, it appears their servers can get overwhelmed during heavy seasons, causing slower responses and even causing stores to crash. Since the stores are all somewhat linked, this can cause issues for a large amount of stores, killing sales and harming customer reputation.

• Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019

"If you run a shop, you need to use Shopify!"

Opmerkingen: Overall Shopify can be an extremely helpful platform for a company that is running an online store. It makes both the front and back end seamless for everyone. Once I took the time to learn my way around the website I realized that there is so much that Shopify can do, and it makes us running our company a lot easier than if we tried to build an online shop ourselves. Our whole team now utilizes Shopify on a daily basis and we love everything about it, from the retail functions right down to the design.

Pluspunten: I love that we can provide an easy-to-use online store for our customers and seamlessly connect it to everything on the backend. I love the customization that the apps in Shopify provide, and we are utilizing things like shipping & inventory, bundle discounts, upselling, random coupons, email collection, and much more. The number of apps provided makes it easy to find the right one for your store. Our backend support team can easily view and fulfill orders and we can handle customer service right from our site. It's easy to set up and constantly update. I love that Shopify has made running an online store easy for both our management team and customer base.

Minpunten: Unfortunately since there are so many apps offered, it does take some time to sort through and find the right one for you. Some of them are not as customizable than others, and it can be tough to learn your way around the building platform but luckily Shopify and the app developers have awesome support teams. I'm also not a fan that you can't physically drag and drop widgets on your website like Wix can, and sometimes you need to teach yourself a bit of HTML to edit things (although again, their support team is great for helping with this). However, these are small inconveniences compared to the vast functionality of Shopify.

• Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019
Emeka O.
Trainer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019

"Want to start Drop Shipping? Meet Shopify!"

Opmerkingen: Generally, Shopify has been an awesome service. I was able to build many sites with it. Ecommerce and Drop shipping is very easy with Shopify. With Shopify, I didn't have to bother about hosting my store or making my site secure. All these were taken care of by Shopify. It's ease of use for drop shipping is second to none, and I didn't have to be a programmer to enjoy it. The only turn off I had while starting was the initial cost because I wanted to start on a very lean budget. It's ease of use is beautiful. Using Shopify is fun.

Pluspunten: I love many things about Shopify. Honestly, I've not fallen in love with any other alternative as much as I have with Shopify. The pros of Shopify includes: 1. No Hosting required: This is a beautiful part of Shopify. With Shopify, I never had to worry about purchasing a hosting plan. Shopify hosts all merchant accounts on their server. 2. Free SSL: I love this a lot. With some other alternatives, a user may need to purchase an SSL certificate to keep his/her site safe, but not with Shopify. Shopify provides free SSL for all users. 3. Easy to use: With Shopify, I was able to get up and running in about half an hour. No programming skills required. Customising and tweaking everything can be done in about an hour. This is beautiful compared to alternatives. 4. Free trials: Shopify allows a new user to tryout it's services for complete two weeks without paying any money if the user desires. Being curious, I had to try the free service before deciding to make any purchase. 5. Easy to install apps: Shopify have apps to help users add functionalities to their websites. The apps are very easy to install. Their are both free and premium apps on Shopify. 6. Easy payment collection: Shopify has it's own payment system for users. This allows users collect payment for products and services from their customers. The payment processing fee varies from plan to plan. 7. Easy to integrate with drop shipping services: A large chunk of Shopify users are drop shippers. This is a plus.

Minpunten: Inasmuch as I so much love Shopify, honestly, there are a few turn offs. They include: 1. Expensive: For a starter, Shopify may be very expensive compared to alternatives like woocommerce. With woocommerce, a user can build a free forever ecommerce/ drop shipping site. The user only need to purchase a hosting service and an SSL certificate if need be. 2. Some apps are not available: I opted to using another payment gateway other than Shopify's. The issue I had was that I couldn't find the app for my desired payment processor on the App store. By this, I was compelled to use another payment processor. 3. Premium Apps: Shopify apps helps users add features to their websites. The con here is that many of the apps are premium apps, and should be paid for. This means that apart from the money one have to pay to use Shopify, the one still need to pay some more to have his/her desired apps installed. This can be a turn off for newbies, and others users. Apart from those cons, Shopify is a beautiful app to use.

Randi Z.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-9-2019

"Shopify is Go To for Building Any eCommerce Physical Product Store"

Opmerkingen: Shopify is amazing. Building an e-commerce website on your own or with a developer is ultimately complex. Shopify has made this a simple experience. Building your own eCommerce site typically would require you to pay for a lot of things in all different places such as hosting with GoDaddy and a URL and then you need to buy all this different plugins from different developers. It becomes a headache. Your site can also crash and get buggy as a result. Shopify is an all-in-one solution and will usually never crash unless all of Shopify is under maintenance. It's just a really great software and a must use if you're building an eCommerce website for the first time. You can start with Shopify and most likely find all the features you need to keep your site there for the long haul.

Pluspunten: Shopify allows even a beginner to build a really nice looking, responsive eCommerce site. You offer templates that you know help store owners be more successful. They are already designed really well and someone just needs to switch out elements to make the store their own. You made it easy to buy a domain, a template and hosting all in one place. You also have it easy to setup your sales tax which on platforms like Magento and Wordpress can requires additional plugins that can be a headache. You connect well with distribution channels such as Amazon and eBay and I can manage my inventory quantities all in one place.

Minpunten: Cons is of course with any DIY software limitations within the software. You also to customize this need to work with developer who really knows Shopify and deep coding experience, versus building a website on Wordpress, millions of developers know wordpress, Shopify has less true experts to choose from.

• Beoordeeld op 21-9-2019
Chelsea D.
Business Owner
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Shopify for the win!"

Opmerkingen: I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pluspunten: I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from. Their shipping discounts are also great!

Minpunten: The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Jay A.
Institute Director
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

"The Shopify platform is a richly supported online and retail solution "

Opmerkingen: I've attended a Shopify master class speaker event, done some studying along a roadmap towards certifications on the platform, and I've begun some nominal work upon creating web stores as a developer seeking to start establishing an E-commerce and brand management solution.

Pluspunten: There are many aspects to the Shopify software platform, including 3rd party app development, e-commerce, retail Point-of-Sale hardware, affiliate programs for referring merchants, professional learning articles and paths to professional certifications of the Shopify platform. In addition, the Shopify experience, for users, admins, developers, partners, etc. is richly engaging with Shopify retail store events, here in downtown Los Angeles. Shopify's retail store presence features master classes from professionals who have successfully launched brands and online and physical stores using Shopify's technology and features, as well as their own third party establishments which integrate nicely within the Shopify platform.

Minpunten: There's a high learning curve to establishing a professional web presence in an E-commerce setting, and many steps and lessons to learn along the way, but for dedicated developers and entrepreneurs, the Shopify app is a truly viable tool for establishing an E-commerce web presence.

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019
Brendon B.
Ecommerce Director & Digital Marketing
Kleding en mode, 13-50 werknemers
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

"With all the gold standard tools for eCommerce, Shopify is fastest road to launch."

Opmerkingen: I have been rapidly deploying eCommerce customers, and they have been quite pleased with the handover. I love watching them take ownership of all the intuitive tools - the burden of training has decreased exponentially.

Pluspunten: Shopify is a fully managed platform on the software level. Things just work all the time. No hosting hassles, code bugs, no downtime.

Minpunten: Certainly feels overpriced if you can launch an equivalent WooCommerce store for close to free. I don't like how their pricing model is based on access to modifying the checkout process. Templating is a new language based on the Shopify variables,

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019
Vy N.
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 1-9-2019

"User-friendly platform that covers (almost) all your e-commerce needs"

Opmerkingen: Shopify is still my first pick after almost a decade working with E-commerce, but with a much lesser margin than before. Squarespace and Wix offer, in my opinion, good alternatives if you don't want to put up with constantly wondering "Why isn't this function in place? Oh, I have to install an app and pay X$ every month". I would recommend Shopify for those who don't require a lot beyond the standard E-commerce solution and/or won't mind paying a bit for some pro templates and apps.

Pluspunten: Shopify is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It's intuitive even if you've never used an e-commerce platform before, and you're able to get by with no coding skills. The basic templates are plain, but professional and modern. Basically it covers everything you need to get started with an online business, the pricing model is fair, and there's a wealth of 3rd party plugins and templates if you require something beyond the standard functionalities.

Minpunten: Though I've put the 3rd party marketplace as a benefit, I'm also left with the feeling that it comes with a hidden downside. Basic functions such as bundling and customer messages on an order (which, to give an example, Etsy offers) requires a 3rd party plugin with Shopify. After so many years in the industry, I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented by default. The only reason I can think of is, why would they? Customers are forced to buy an app, which makes more money for Shopify. Another pet peeve example: You cannot use more than 1 discount code unless you install an app. Which means, you can't put 10% off the entire site, and offer customers an additional discount with a code.

• Beoordeeld op 1-9-2019
Jamie H.
Senior Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019

"Amazing eCommerce platform for novices and developers alike!"

Pluspunten: I've been running an eCommerce shop for 5 years on Shopify. Easy setup and easy import of products from a CSV file. The app store has a large variety of free and paid plugins that deal with all the edge cases and shortcomings of Shopify. I've been able to import multiple other platforms and convert a Shopify store in a matter of hours. The user interface is intuitive and simple to navigate.
In the last few years, adding channels to sell on such as Houzz and Facebook have made a big difference in being able to get visibility into our products.
The ability to quickly change themes and customize using the Liquid language is quite nice for developers using this product.

Minpunten: The pricing between the middle tier and advance is a big leap. The middle tier plan only allows 5 staff accounts, which can be limited, to people using development consultants and virtual staff.
The ability manage redirects (from a previous site) is limited but can be fixed by using a paid app from the Shopify app store.

• Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
E-commerce Fraud and Payments Management
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019

"Good tool to manage commerce easily"

Pluspunten: Shopify is a very good to manage you ecommerce even if you don't have many departments or people helping you our with your online store. To start, it is very intuitive, both the front end and the back end part. It guides you through all the process to creating the layout of your website offering multiple templates, product pages, descriptions to the payment processing to the shipping options parts. You can do all by yourself without needing much experience.
This tool offers different plans, so make sure to read and choose the one that fits better with your business model. All plans allows you to upload products with no limits. Plans focus on number of accounts and other shop features.
What I like more about Shopify, is that it offers their own payment platform (with many options) so no need to bother with an external provider if you don't have one. If you do, you can integrate it too.
Shopify also offers the possibility to calculate taxes according to the country and the possibility to restrict your shipping area.
Some features are a bit limited but you can find many options/plug ins on the marketplace. Needless to say, just be sure to give a check of all the features of the website everytime you install a plug in.

Minpunten: This tool offers the possibility of create an ecommerce easily, but if you are looking for something more customizable or for a big site, you might want to check other options too.
The only blocker I have found so for is the possibility to calculate taxes not only on country level but on product/group level automatically. This would be very helpful for online stores that manage multi tax items

• Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

"I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses"

Opmerkingen: I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest). Overall, I will still use the software.

Pluspunten: Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me. The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Minpunten: Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

• Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Judah P.
Senior Account Executive - Commercial Print
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2019

"OK but MUCH room for improvement"

Opmerkingen: 2014 = great
2018 = terrible
I would encourage rep. to contact me.

Pluspunten: When I first signed up for Shopify 4-5 years ago I thought it was the best thing to happen to ecommerce. Gurus were knowledgeable and accessible (via phone!), the product worked beautifully and it met my needs. Now that my business has grown and I'm finding that Shopify is not set up to handle a business of high growth. Shopify has grown so fast that the average conversation with a Guru has dropped from outstanding to barely acceptable. Most of the time, the I know more than the Gurus. Follow up from the gurus is also terrible. You can still reach them by phone but if you need to speak to someome in the company with more experience, you can only access them via email and they take FOREVER to get to you. So you can forget about getting any help from someone with real knowledge of the product. The native functionality is also only good for very basic businesses. For example, if you need to ship a single item in multiple boxes, you can forget about doing that natively in the app or taking advantage of their discounted shipping rates. If you want to get a custom app built, you can forget about getting any support on the API from the gurus because they don't know anything about API. Again, there is no escalation point for customers who have a higher level of needs. Want help from the Shopify Expert community? You can forget about being called and speaking to someone local. Most won't do it, I've tried. If you get a response, the best you'll get is an email that reads something alo

Minpunten: ng the lines of "I can do this for you." and it's from someone on the other side of the world that has no clue about you, your business, your country or it's customs. I could go on and on but in summary, I am HIGHLY disappointed with the level of support and in 4 years have gone from a loyal, enthusiastic customer to a highly disgruntled customer looking for new options.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2019