Great Transactional E-mail service that get the job done

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use this on all our projects to handle transactional emails, this has definitely been a useful software, it's great all round but event webhooks that are domain specific would be great

Pluspunten: Obviously its ability to send transactional emails.
It gives insight on a user's activity in-relation to the email you will have sent which make studying trends easy.
Great email event filtering tool
It offer an adequate amount of free monthly e-mails for large services.

Minpunten: The API for getting events for emails sent doesn't have an option to set different endpoint for different domains.
I can't view contents of an email sent, it'd be great if it stored an actual copy of the email being sent
It can be slow to send messages at times.

van SparkPost op 21-5-2019

Thanks for your review and your feedback! We have passed along your suggestion to our product team. Would you be willing to chat with them for further feedback?

Full-featured API-first ESP with great support

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2017
Leonhard M.
Product Engineer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We love the ability to integrate our own software stack at will (e.g. through the maintained sparkpost-python package or Webhooks) and have SparkPost just provide a solid general purpose interface. The reports section in the dashboard gives us everything you expect. Onboarding was great as well as customer service which we contacted on different occasions and always got back to us in a timely manner with a helpful response. This company and employees clearly know their (tricky) business. Hope the A/B testing feature graduates from their "labs" and finds it's way into the stable product API. Received a great merch t-shirt for filling out one of their developer surveys (now everyone on the team wants one...). No matter whether you fall under the generous free plan (100k) or need to scale really hard - a lot of other services will impose strict limits on your budget when you start sending a million or more emails per month. Simple summary: We're happy users and can recommend to everyone. Rock on!

Minpunten: Would be great have access to more detailed billing stats. The missing piece really is solid "email templating" but then you have to understand that SparkPost is not in the market for that and give you the tools (expose API endpoint for that) to instead integrate your own solution.

Not a service you want to rely on

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Bernhardt S.
Product Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can only warn anybody who relies on their mail being sent to use sparkpost.
We used sparkpost for more than two years. It seems that several months ago they added some automated abuse detection which flagged our account. We only use sparkpost to send transactional mail to our customers and do not send unsolicited marketing mails or similar.
When our account got suspended we couldn't reach anybody to fix this for hours. After finally getting into contact our account got activated again and we just received a standardised "Sorry" E-Mail and that's it.
We haven't had the resources to switch out our mail provider and now after 6 weeks our account got suspended again. After not being able to reach somebody for hours, the person we got in contact with only told us that some other department was responsible for account suspensions.
This service absolutely terrible and you definitely do not want this as a critical part in your architecture.

Pluspunten: Templating for emails
API functionality
Admin interface

Minpunten: Service reliability. We got suspended not once but TWICE. And couldn't get into contact with the right customer support person. Our whole business relies on messages/orders being sent, so this is really frustrating.
Asynchronous nature of API. When you send a message you always receive an "200 OK" Status Code. To get to know if a message got successfully sent you need to query another API.

van SparkPost op 15-11-2019

Hi Bernhardt, thank you for taking the to leave this review. In order to protect all of our senders against potentially bad actors or bad sending practices that would affect sending pools, we have a strong Messaging Policy that we enforce posted on our website (https://www.sparkpost.com/policies/messaging/). If you feel this does not apply to you, you can always write in to [email protected] to try and remedy the situation. Thanks again and have a wonderful rest of your week!

Good service to make sure your emails will arrive where they should

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019
Wilco V.
Webprogrammeur
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I never had the problem of an email not arriving or getting into the spam folder after installing Sparkpost. It has an easy to install WordPress plugin that makes sure all emails that are sent by the website get sent via Sparkpost. Before installing Sparkpost we had several clients complaining that filled in contact forms would land in their spam folder but we haven't had the problem after installing Sparkpost.
It is also very cheap to use. For our use-case we haven't even gotten above the free threshold.

Minpunten: It can be a hassle sometimes to activate a domain for sending, requiring altering the DNS of the website. You can also activate it via an email address associated with the domain but this doesn't always work great either.
After a domain has been added to another account it can't be added or transfered to a different account afterwards without the old account deleting the domain. We had this problem with one client for which we couldn't activate Sparkpost because it had been installed by another party before and we didn't know who this was so we couldn't ask them to remove the domain from Sparkpost.

Great, generous offerings for users grandfathered into their 100k free plan

Beoordeeld op 26-5-2018
Data Delver and Word Wrangler
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I switched to SparkPost from Sendgrid because of their more generous free plan back in 2016, and found it easy to drop in replacement code/API snippets to transition to SparkPost

Minpunten: All good things must come to an end and the 100k/month tier is no longer offered! Good while it lasts, though one wonders if the now grandfathered plan will one day end.

van SparkPost op 1-6-2018

Glad you're enjoying the service! We do not plan on un-grandfathering anyone who took advantage of the 100K free plan back in 2016. But we do want you to be successful, so hopefully your business will grow and you'll be sending a lot more than 100K emails/month eventually. Best of luck and Happy Sending!

Can't be trusted

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Samer A.
Research Director
Juridische dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Their new nickel-and-diming approach speak to new management or bad prioritization, squeezing every dime they can out of their customer base instead of focusing on the product. The product is getting worse while the prices are going up. And if they lied about past agreements, they're likely to do it again. I'd go elsewhere if I were you.

Pluspunten: SparkPost is easy to integrate and easy to use, and used to offer great customer service before this year.

Minpunten: I signed up for a free account two years ago, to manage the email needs of our small non-profit. The account was advertised as "Free Forever." Later when they changed the pricing tiers, I received an email saying: "When you signed up, we promised that if we ever changed the terms of our 100K free plan, we would continue to honor the original plan for the life of the account. I would like to reaffirm this promise." This week they reneged on their promise, forcing small companies into exponentially more expensive pricing plans, despite explicitly promising never to do that.

Best and Most Affordable SMTP Service

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019
Marketing Manager
Werving en selectie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great experience using SparkPost for our offices outbound email needs!

Pluspunten: SparkPost is a great email delivery platform with an easy-to-navigate web UI and straightforward setup. Support is quick to respond (within 24 hours) and always willing to help. Service is reliable and far more affordable than a lot of competitors.

Minpunten: Automatic reputation monitoring is always a plus, as well as integrated deliverability testing to see if emails are being delivered to recipient inboxes. Would love to see these features added in the future!

Don't use for Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Pixel Pusher
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It was great until it went to complete garbage. The lack of communication about the suspension and then their unwillingness to help resolve the issue, is ultimately what resulted in such a terrible review. And now I get to spend more time moving clients to another service at my cost.

Pluspunten: The service is easy to set up and makes sending email, but the cons, which you'll see below make this service unfit for sending emails from Wordpress.

Minpunten: I have been using SparkPost for a long time and use it to send comment and form notifications from Wordpress. So maybe a few dozen emails per month. Today when I logged into my account I found it was suspended. I emailed their support team and they emailed back with a suspicious link and asked me to explain why I sent an email with that link in it. This was the only information they gave me. My best guess was that it was from a spam comment on my Wordpress site, which would have been a notification to me personally. I said this and asked for more details to help look into the issue further, but they rejected that response and said they couldn't help any further and would stand by their suspension. So now I'm locked out of my account and need to figure out a way to find out, which domains I need to move away from their service.

Can't beat the price, but usability could be improved

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Joe G.
Church Communications Training
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The Sparkpost team is clearly committed to improving their product, and they care about their customers. For anyone who's happy to use the API for configuration, using Sparkpost is a no-brainer.

Pluspunten: Sparkpost is very reliable for transactional email sendings, and the free plan provides unbelievable value.

Minpunten: Some Sparkpost features cannot be altered via the dashboard, and therefore require some API/programming knowledge to change - however this is improving.

Worst Customer Service Ever

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Johnny W.
Web Developer
Entertainment
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: An email sending service that was free

Pluspunten: SparkPost is, in theory a very nice and slick email delivery service. They offer a fair amount of free emails each month. When it's working, it's great.

Minpunten: SparkPost will prompt you to add a credit card to cover any overages outside of your free amount. This seems fair, and I decided I didn't want emails not being sent should I ever exceed the free allotment, so I tried to add a card. It failed. I tried another one. It failed. I tried a third. It failed. Baffled I gave up and tried again a few days later. Same problem. I began to worry that my account wouldn't be secured and that emails might go unsent. I emailed their customer support to ask if they could help. They asked me to double check that I'd entered my address correctly. Fine. I confirmed I had. They replied and asked me to make ABSOLUTELY SURE I was entering it correctly. I reiterated that I was absolutely, 100% sure, and sent a screenshot of my address from my online bank account to prove it. They wrote back and told me that I needed to be sure my address ABSOLUTELY correct. Frustrated, I phoned my bank to see what I could do. My bank checked my transactions and discovered that they'd *approved* every one, but SparkPost had then *reversed the authorisation*. I informed SparkPost of this, that there was a problem with *their* system. Their response: "I'm sorry to hear you are still unable to pass the system's address verification. We have the address verification in place to prevent fraudulent charges." A bureaucratic nightmare! If this is how they are if you're trying to GIVE them money, imagine how they must be with other problems!

van SparkPost op 11-8-2017

We are terribly sorry we couldn¿t get this resolved, it is an edge case limitation within our current payment infrastructure in the UK and we are actively looking to get this addressed so everyone can take advantage of the SparkPost service. We appreciate the feedback.

When it works it works great

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Principal Developer and Team Lead
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Super easy to get started. We just use this as a secondary SMTP relay. The one time use API keys for the relay seems more secure then other offerings.

Minpunten: Reporting and user interface isn't as good compared to SendGrid. It's just lacking the ability to search for specific messages. It's also hard at times to figure out where you need to go to find the information you need. We had several issues consistently delivering mail to specific customers, but perhaps that's because we were on the free tier.

Sparkpost - solves key email challenges

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019
Joshua V.
Digital Marketing Director
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software has a focused feature set and executes it flawlessly and consistently. We utilize this feature to notify key stakeholders about real-time marketing effectiveness and new SQLs. The volume we send is high, and this program has met every challenge, without needing us to constantly babysit it.

Minpunten: I haven't found a thing to dislike, and I'm pretty picky about the software our agency uses (see my other reviews).

Beautiful social media posts!

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Ann G.
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: SparkPost is a huge time saver. I am able to basically make ONE master design for a social post or announcement for my website, then have SparkPost resize that design to accommodate the post size requirements for various social post formats!

Pluspunten: I adore that I can design a post for one social media platform, then seamlessly resize my design to accommodate different sized media posts. For example, I can make a promotion for an upcoming event for Facebook, then toggle to the Instagram size (square), and my design, colors & fonts are transferred to the new format. I still have to tweak the results a little bit, but I don’t have to re-design posts for each media outlet!

Minpunten: I love this software, but wish I could import my own fonts.

Sparkpost has a dalily limit of 1000 sending emails, even for paid plans

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2019
Julen R.
CTO
Management non-profit organisaties, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very frustrating experience, with the configuration process and with the limits to use the service. I switched to mail gun and i very happy.

Pluspunten: Has a nice Look and feel. Deliverability rates i seems to be good. but i can't tried with my complete list of contacts because SparkPost limit account to send only 1000 emails by day, even after pay for a professional plan.

Minpunten: Very complicated to configure sending domains. Sub-accounts management is not user friendly
When you open a nwe account you have a limit of 1000 emails to send daily. Its ridiculous whe you manage list of 50M emails.

van SparkPost op 21-5-2019

Hi Julen, Thanks for your review. However, we do not restrict daily sending limits to 1000 per day on paid accounts. If we did, we'd be out of business. Some of our largest customers send 1B+ emails per day. I would suggest logging a ticket with support inside the app to help you with configuration.

Perfect for sending transactional mail using WordPress

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2019
Filantropie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great sending volume for price.

Pluspunten: I can send tons of emails that are delivering direct to inbox from CF7.

Minpunten: I can only send from integration and not from the Spark Post dashboard, which is understandable.

Poor service

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2019
Adam C.
Lead Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: None anymore, better services are available.

Minpunten: They'll happily terminate your service with no notice after 5 years of custom.

van SparkPost op 21-5-2019

Hi Adam, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. In order to protect all of our senders against potentially bad actors or bad sending practices that would affect sending pools, we have a strong Messaging Policy that we enforce posted on our website which prohibits affiliate marketing, and which is why you were suspended. (https://www.sparkpost.com/policies/messaging/). If you feel this does not apply to you, you can always write in to [email protected] to try and remedy the situation.

Worst service ever

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Art R.
Ceo
Sport, 13-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Opmerkingen: F’ing the worst

Pluspunten: Pretty easy to set up, but had to use subdomain name for outgoing mail, not a fan.

Minpunten: Got flagged due to spam for having a link for acuity scheduling in a follow up sequence without even sending more than 4 test emails to myself. Then got kicked off completely and when asking for explanation the reponse was: “We are sorry that we cannot divulge any information. Good day.”

Our main tool to send emails!

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2018
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Adore it!

Pluspunten: I love that they have great documentation, low prices and high quality services! (good email reputation)

Minpunten: They do not offer the possibility to send many emails from their website, only via code.

A good tool with poor criteria and bad customer service

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Luis G.
Digital Strategy Manager
Horeca, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use and implement, the tool works good.

Minpunten: They can suspend your account without previous notification or warning, clear information about suspension is not offer until you take a ticket and ask them. The account might be suspended even you have followed their own recommendations. And if that was not enough you can't cancel your account while this is suspended.

van SparkPost op 6-11-2019

Hi Luis, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience! In order to protect all of our senders against potentially bad actors or bad sending practices that would affect sending pools, we have a strong Messaging Policy that we enforce posted on our website (https://www.sparkpost.com/policies/messaging/). If you feel this does not apply to you, you can always write in to [email protected] to try and remedy the situation.

I love SparkPosr!

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2019
Marcy T.
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have increased my clientele and made ads for my husbands business too! It’s so awesome to have full control of advertisements and jot have to pay someone else to design them!

Pluspunten: I create advwrtisments, announcements, and memes on SparkPost. I love all of the features and ideas that come preset.

Minpunten: It can be a little bit tricky to maneuver on my phone for some of the features.

Best Design tool available

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Rejoy R.
Business Development/ Account Management Manager-Business solutions
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of use is best part of this software. We can create post through mobile using their app under 10 minutes. I have experience using softwares like Canva, Designr and may more . They are all on computer but on mobile.
The templates available enable the user to get more Ideas and adapt the same for their use.
Multiple font options available make the creativity to next level.

Minpunten: they should include the undo option in the mobile app.

Worst customer service!

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Hugo H.
Freelancer
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customer service suspended my account before I had the time to start using their service. I was in the configuration phase and they gave a plain lie as reason: "We have carefully reviewed your account sending history" when this makes no sense since there was no email sent apart from one test email.

Pluspunten: They have a free plan for you to try and the interface is user-friendly.

Minpunten: Worst customer service that will lie to your face.

User experience

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2019
Industrial engenier
Chemicaliën, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The app is Amazing! Is the best and most use app to designs for me but only on my phone

Pluspunten: Easy to use, very intuitive. I use it a lot to make instagram post, I found that the app version is pretty easy to use but the pc version I feel like an old lady using it, I just don’t understand how it works

Minpunten: The pc version (webpage). It is pretty uncomfortable to use

Good choice for startups

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019
Henrique M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: With simple configuration you can send automatic mail from your app.

Minpunten: Free account has changed to a few emails

Generous free plan, but not such reliable services

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Prateek V.
PHP Developer

Opmerkingen: Sending transactional emails

Pluspunten: The free plan was extremely generous, more than other competitions. Setup is also quick, and good documentation to get you up and running.

Minpunten: Sometimes, there was a very long lag to Microsoft emails (i.e. Outlook, hotmail) - where emails were delivered more than 2 days later. Emails to Gmail however was unaffected. Inspite of exchanging several emails with the customer support, the problem was not fixed.