Total Office Manager reviews

3,9 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,9 /5

Over Total Office Manager

Bekroonde boekhoudsoftware voor buitendienstbeheer met dispatching, materiaaltoezicht, planning en meer.

Meer informatie over Total Office Manager

44 reviews worden weergegeven

James G.
Vice President
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

"Total Office Manager is Awesome!"

Opmerkingen: We have been using TOM since 2007, at that time i personally had no software training and was a working owner that still had my tool belt on. It was very simple to learn this program and that can be an issue i know for owners that transition form the field to the office.

Pluspunten: The ease of the program is outstanding, we can be working on an accounts payable entry and within a couple of clicks we will be on our schedule board setting up a service call. The program has everything in one place so there is no importing or exporting to get your accounting to show up, truly a simple program that does everything we need it to.

Minpunten: I cant think of anything that we do not like, there are a few reports that we do outside of the program but we are working on our end to be able to do them inside of TOM. The ability is there but the way we setup our technician time tracking is limiting us form getting good billable reports, again this is something that we did when we set the program up.

Chris H.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-4-2020

"Tough Selection In A Crowded Market"

Opmerkingen: We took our time and investigated every single software on the market for a in home service business. In the end I arrived at a simple conclusion. Software is either flashy and sparkly with some serious back end problems - or solid and useful without the flash and glitz. Total Office Manger is the latter. The team at Aptora listens and works with you to make the transition as thorough as possible. It's not easy, but it's the right decision. They are always listening and creating new features to meet the ever changing demands of our business.

Pluspunten: Total Office Manager is a robust solution to a complex web of business problems. We finally found a software that integrates all of the individual issues surrounding our business into one application.

Minpunten: Like any good addition to our business, this took time. I expected to take a full year to integrate such a comprehensive software into our lives. We were under the one year mark, but we are still adding more features and individual settings every week.

• Beoordeeld op 1-4-2020
Gene L.
President/Mechanical Engineer

"Administrative Review"

Opmerkingen: We use the mobile application and has saves many hours daily for office and field staff. Needs work but Aptora is updating frequently.

Pluspunten: I feel software is quit easy to train new staff in their field of use. Support is excellent and updates are very frequent. Seems that Aptora management is responsive to the changing requirements of clients

Minpunten: Inventory is the weakest section of Aptora. It has improved considerably over the past couple of years. Aptora does not have ability to buy in one unit of measure and sell in another. Pipe is often purchased by 20' length and sold by foot. this is not possible in Aptora. Managing specific vender part numbers for venders is difficult requiring multiple screens and many keystrokes. Viewing the different vender parts numbers is almost impossible. Pictures of product should be on main page of parts form, but requires several keystroke to view.

Colleen D.
Comptroller
  • Beoordeeld op 17-5-2019

"Easy to Use and Learn System"

Opmerkingen: There have been some issues with e-mailing through Total Office Manager and Outlook. I know that it is being worked on and will be corrected soon but it has caused some issues in the office.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use and can be adjusted to how you want to use it. You create and set it up how it best suits you.

Minpunten: Some of the reports are difficult to find at the beginning. You have to play around a lot to find exactly what you are looking for.

Jon S.
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 9-5-2020

"Great Software With Helpful Support"

Opmerkingen: This software has changed the way we do business. As the owner of a smaller company, I don't have time to create reports from various data. TOM has been a game changer for us in getting real time reports with the data we need. We have been able to make so much better business decisions quickly because of this. We utilize it for accounting, payroll, inventory control, dispatch, flat rate, marketing and so much more. I believe It could take you years to realize the full potential of this software. One of the best business decisions we have made in 22 years in business.

Pluspunten: We used to use multiple software platforms for accounting, inventory, dispatching, etc.. The problem was there was either no integration or not helpful integration. We did a demo with several companies and graded them on what we were wanting to have the software do. Aptora was the only one that hit all of the marks. It has proven itself, in the little over 2 years we have used it, to be exactly what we were looking for. The customer support when we have a problem has been great. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking to streamline their business.

Minpunten: It does take several users to get the most out of the software. We have dedicated dispatch, warehouse, admin and accounting people so it works for us. Since you can customize the software and use it in so many different ways, establishing YOUR process is extremely important. If you don't, you will spend a large amount of time fixing things. I say this from experience. However those are user issues, not software issues. When updates are pushed out, sometimes something will break and you don't find it until days or weeks later. They are good about fixing the problem and providing a way to fix your data.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 9-5-2020
Accounting Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 17-5-2019

"Many Features, More Needed"

Opmerkingen: With our previous software we could not view history of items or invoices with ease or even at all. Aptora we can find quickly if something hasn't been invoiced to a customer or anything else really. There are many features we have yet to start using even after almost 3 years, but within 6 months we were almost fully up and running when we first started. I feel the company listens to our requests for features, we would just like to see them come to life a little sooner.

Pluspunten: My favorite thing about Aptora is it's ease. Within just a couple clicks you can find the history on almost anything. This abilities allows us to ensure everything is being taken care of from start to finish.

Minpunten: 1) Average cost. The software does not allow us to chose a different method like LIFO and FIFO. Not every company works on Average Cost and it causes a LOT of extra work on our end to keep it "fixed" as we work off LIFO costs.
2) Proper inventory management between branches. It's a little convoluted the way we have to keep up with it.

Thomas T.
Inventory Coordinator
Biotechnologie, 51-200 werknemers

"Updates are Rough"

Opmerkingen: It seems to be a good system and has many capabilities. But the constant issues with each update can be crippling, and takes us extra time to back track and find the issues and point them out so we do not mess up the data in the software. Knowing that at any update something can change the data or how a feature works is very concerning.

Pluspunten: There are many options for this software.

Minpunten: I dislike that every single update changes something in the software. The coding always has some sort of adverse change in the software. And we have to find out what happens after things have changed through the update, where we are always questioning the validity of the data inside the software. Then when we call, the answer is always.... have you updated to the next current one? It should be fixed through that.

Byron C.
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-6-2019

"Total Office Manager Review"

Opmerkingen: So far, the software has demanded a tremendous amount of time devoted to troubleshooting and fixing bug problems. There is lots of room for user error and redundant data entry. Support is hit and miss, depending on who responds. Very frustrating!

Pluspunten: The flexibility to customize the software to operate around how you want your business to operate, not the other way around. Integration with accounting within the software.

Minpunten: Lots of bugs. They also dont test updates very well before sending them out, which only causes more frustrations with staff. Often times an update will fix one bug but create new bugs. Retail prices mysteriously change on their own which is very disturbing.

• Beoordeeld op 1-6-2019
Mary S.
Operations Manager

"Easy enough"

Opmerkingen: There are helpful people within company. I just wish that there were fewer bugs in the software

Pluspunten: I like that it is designed for contractors.

Minpunten: There are multiple bugs, sales rep seems to be non existent and the yearly upkeep charge for no support but updates is high

Eric K.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

"Good stuff"

Opmerkingen: Just quickly sets calls. Keeps track of Tecks and calls.

Pluspunten: Run without me. The benchmarking is very good

Minpunten: Mobile is 10% there. Every time updates are done locks up

Steve S.
Operations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

"Flexible, Feature Rich, Mobile User Support for Field Techs, Great Value, Solid Support"

Opmerkingen: I have installed numerous, integrated software systems for various type of companies (manufacturers, professionals, educational organizations, service companies, insurance, etc.) over the past 30 years. I understand the VALUE they bring to the table, and I understand the difficulty of launching company-wide software systems. The long-term gain is well worth the cost of short-term pain. TOM is a tool that will enable you to examine many aspects of your business. It will provide you with data that allows you to make informed decisions regarding your company's current performance and future direction. The most important benefit that TOM brought us is the ability to perform job costing. It has enabled us to truly figure out what types of work we perform well, and what types we don't perform well. Additionally, the ability to stop using multiple pieces of non-integrated software from different vendors to manage our business … dispatching, quoting, inventory control, financials, field service tech invoicing … and handle all of those functions in one package is a HUGE advantage. There is a steep learning curve with a software system this complex, but the end results is very, very good. Aptora is a great company with which to partner, especially when you are working to grow your business as we are. I highly recommend Total Office Manager and it's companion products such as Mobile II and Form Builder. Their system is a great value.

Pluspunten: Total Office Manager (TOM) is a feature-rich software system. It is a fully integrated system that won't require me to run multiple, discrete pieces of software to manage my business. We can manage our inventory in multiple warehouses, process our financials (including job cost analysis), link our field techs directly into our financial and inventory systems in real-time, handle all of our dispatching and scheduling needs, and easily export data into Excel for in-depth analysis. All that and more wrapped up in on package!

Minpunten: Because of the flexibility of the system, it takes a while to get all of the settings and features figured out in order to best fit your business. It was a bit of a long-term struggle, at times, to get there, but we are now pleased with the end result (have been using TOM for 15 months).

Annaliza and chris H.
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018

"All in one, fully loaded"

Opmerkingen: As Somebody who has been dealing with dispatching software since the mid 90’s and then management software as a whole from 2001, I have tried many many different options. Aptora is my personal favorite. It has a very easy 3rd party billing like I’ve never seen. Over all, even with the little things that bug me, I can’t see ever changing. Updates are good and improvements are continuous and enhancements are well thought out.

Pluspunten: I like it’s completness, and the fact I can buy it and not rent it except for the map, I don’t rent that, but I think there is a very very small single digit rental fee just to pay google last time I checked. Business coaches and franchises always say when you start a business think of an exit strategy, but if they recommend something like service Titan which screwed up my entire business, I was forced to use it for franchise by dwyer group, don’t get me started, or any other cloud based service management software, then they are hypocrites. Cloud based software had my business hostage, I don’t care what they offer, nothing is good enough to allow someone else to posses and charge me rent for my heart of operations.
I could infiltrate a cloud based software company, set up shop next to a successful business, spy on everything they do, and then put them out of business because they might have been smart in business but stupid with software by using the cloud. Don’t get me started. With aptora it has its own exit strategy built in, when u execute exit strategy Aptora adds a serious value to the business as a whole to be an asset and NOT a cloud based liability. I suspect franchises don’t say that because they want to watch your every move. If I had a business coach recommending cloud based software, I would get a different one. Yeah they say u can download database but just wait till u try it, then try to organize it or do anything with it LoL. I can also see profit per tech

Minpunten: There are a few lose ends with so much going on, no big deal, just a little bit of too much stuff on the mobile for techs to look at, much of the menu items will never be used by techs, but that’s not a deal breaker. Picture upload from mobile should be a background operation rather than having to wait for upload to complete.. Total office manager still has a little bit of a DOS feel to it and doesn’t have the option to save the desktop so when signing in we can get all of our favorite windows up and in place. And when making adjustments to an invoice, even just the memo, total office manager will complete the work order without anybody knowing unlike mobile will ask first if u want to mark work order as complete with a pop window, so a little inconsistency in operation. And renting the mapping goes against non cloud based concept in my opinion.. I think Aptora should set up a deal with Garmin and dump google maps completely. Garmin owns the skies in gps, they aren’t going anywhere. At least all the cons are minor small things.

• Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018
Bill D.
VP, GM
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

"Aptora, good and not so good."

Opmerkingen: I still like the program because I see the potential. After having the program over 5 years, we still only use a percentage of the program that we should but again, that is mostly on us. I have hired a few people that their main objective was to learn and utilize the program. We are getting better but it is taking too long. We did look at other software this past winter that was far easier to use but is limited in what it could do. I do wonder if sometimes we are too optimistic in thinking one day we will use it as it should be. But were not ready to quit yet.

Pluspunten: It has a ton of potential but is not for everyone. If utilized as designed, it is a great tool to help run your business efficiently and track financials.

Minpunten: My bookkeeper and wife, who used to do our books before she was deployed with the US Navy, are not to thrilled with the accounting portion. They are ok with it, but like QB a lot better. I have no say since I am not versed in either. As well, we are too slow to utilize many of the functions due to lack of training, which I blame mostly on us. Your cost to train is rather expensive so I would like to see either a 3rd party trainer available or even an open forum amongst other users of your product. You do have a lot of glitches also but to be fair, seem to take care of them rather quickly.

Roger H.
General Manager
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-5-2019

"Have Been Using It For Over 7 Years"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been incredible, and I highly recommend it.

Pluspunten: Total Office Manager has drastically improved the efficiency of our business. The all-in-one functionality is the biggest advantage. We previously used 3 different programs before switching years ago. It is extremely user friendly, and we have found that new employees catch on very quickly. If you have a desire to learn more about any feature there are numerous training videos available. Their tech support staff are easy to get in touch with, and the people great to deal with, should an issue arise.

Minpunten: As others have indicated already the frequent updates periodically cause an issue with other functions. However I greatly appreciate that they are continuing to make the software better for the users, and they are quick to respond and correct the issues.

• Beoordeeld op 25-5-2019
Melanie K.
Installation Department, Admin
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

"T.O.M. over all program use age for end user"

Opmerkingen: We had T.O.M. then went to another program and recently returned to T.O.M.
With any program there are pros and cons but T.O.M. is so much more adaptable/customization than the other programs we research or used.

Pluspunten: T.O.M. is an all in one program that you don't need add-on programs.
The customization for the user is a gem that is over looked unless you have used other systems. This is a tool that should be much more highlighted verse being at the mercy of the program creator and have to adapt to their way of thinking your business should be run.
Search ability for inventory is another gem is not used in other programs and seeing the history of an item. That is such a over looked needed item that other programs do not have.
The reimbursable feature is AWESOME and very needed for special jobs

Minpunten: Customer:Job List Search you have to select specifically what you want to search for. Example: If you are looking for an address, you can't just enter the address and it searches the data base. You have to specify if it is a work address or a billing address.
This hinders the CSR for assisting customers quickly as the customer calling is a new owner of the property and not sure who the information falls under. This is especially a problem when the property is sold at auction or has new owners and not had service in a few years.

Chris & annaliza H.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019

"Oh how things change! Was great while paying the money, but now, crash and burn sucka!"

Opmerkingen: At the beginning TOM was great, sure it had small issues that I was certain would be addressed and everything would improve, but that is all wrong.. They spent lots of time and money making a stupid message reporting system so they could search if anybody was texting a bad word to somebody else, and you could make a pie chart of how many times somebody said one stupid word or another LoL. Meanwhile, TOM continued to get more bloated, top heavy, and cluttered with more crap and less organization. I made countless pleas to consolidate and organize menu's to be more consistent with each other even gave detailed mathematical examples of how many hours over the course of a year could be saved to make the software better and how to better streamline menus, but excuses were made to avoid any improvements after I proved without any doubt efficiency could be increased. Aptora wasnt interested.
Eventually I was having problems with my TOM and I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. The rep I talked to was a nube, It was a Friday and I had a lot of catch up work, so they took my money and had no more interest in making sure anything worked.. I told nube dont run off till the registration error is fixed. Nube told me it will be later, after everybody is gone. Well no it didnt. I was screwed all weekend scrambling with work arounds and Monday they called ready to help, but I was up all night all weekend and demanded a refund, now they are pissed and dont want to take my money anymore..

Pluspunten: Local server, can do a lot, have loads of things on one screen by having line items occupy a small space rather than most cloud or others that little information occupies much screen real estate.

Minpunten: Cluttered, chaotic GUI with the right click menus inconsistent with each other. Mobile app operates differently than Total office manager. For example, when making a change to an invoice in TOM, TOM then goes behind our back and completes the invoice without saying or asking if we want the invoice to be completed.. I have constantly suggested to fix the problem, it has cost us much, but they said thats the way it is suppose to operate while Mobile on the other hand, will ask you with a pop up window, if you want the invoice to be completed, I suppose thats the way mobile is suppose to operate as well, completely different than TOM, When I say "mobile" its like a new arm to TOM that likes to slap you in the face occasionally.. TOM and Aptora mobile compete with each other rather than integrate with each other..
The schedule board for example, there is a new and an old, you can use either one, they work quite differently from each other.. There is an old schedule board, which is a lot faster than the new one and integrates well with TOM, and the new one seems like its a completely different transition into a completely different operating system.
The SQL server setup utility is pretty much a complete fraud by claiming capabilities it does NOT have.. Not sure why that utility keeps getting worse over time, but not a single attempt has been made to fix the "enterprise server utility" but rather work arounds have been created without instructions..

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Aptora op 14-11-2019

We are sorry you feel this way about the decision to discontinue service to your company. At times it becomes necessary to protect our employees when a customer violates the terms of our EULA. We take the safety of our company and employees very seriously.

• Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Maggie T.

"All Inclusive"

Opmerkingen: I have been using TOM for almost 7 years now, and I am still learning little things to make the program go a little simpler. I have been teaching the other people in the office all the tricks that tech support has given me, and it has really uped our production (office wise). A great product, well worth the purchase!

Pluspunten: I like the fact that it has everything under one program. Dispatching, estimates, A/P, A/R. Letters, I could go on. It really is helpful in all the behind the scenes of our business.

Minpunten: Not a big fan of not being able to set certain preferences on how things are done. I'd like to be able to go to an invoice on any given day then hit a button to go forward or back. Same with Work orders.

Nelson C.
Controller
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017

"Love Aptora - heavy user - know the shortcomings as well as the many, many advantages"

Pluspunten: Access to data in reportable, usable formats is superior to Quickbooks, ESC, and many other contractor service/construction industry programs. Get around the system lightning fast with logical links to all things customer. Data mining is so simplified, can find the needle in the haystack with minimal effort and can perform complex analysis from the logically organized data records. True multi-user systems - no kick-outs (unless performing a major data upload) several people can work on payroll at once allowing group/batch processing. We are an extremely busy and growing office and the flexibility and depth is just fantastic.

Minpunten: Not thrilled with canned reports - mostly the financial level. Lack flexibility but have been able to overcome most issues with no problem. Wish customer support was 24/7 or had a tiered service-level, but we make it work.

• Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017
Roger C.
SALES REP
Olie en energie, 11-50 werknemers

"COMPLETE PROJECT"

Opmerkingen: FOR THE MOST PART MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN VERY POSITIVE WORKING WITH TOTAL OFFICE MANAGER

Pluspunten: ABILITY TO TIE YOUR PROJECTS TO TOGETHER FROM QUOTING TO SELLING TO PURCHASING TO INSTALLATION. IT MAKES IT VERY EASY TO TRACK YOUR PROJECT AND SEE WHERE IT IS THRU OUT THE LENGTH OF YOUR PROJECT. VERY EASY TO TRACK AND RESEARCH SOMETHING WITH YOUR PROJECT

Minpunten: WHEN CHANGING SOMETHING ON YOUR ESTIMATES YOU ARE NOW ASKED TO LOOK UP AND RE-LOOK UP WITH A NEW SCREEN WHERE BEFORE YOU COULD JUST CHANGE AND MOVE ON IN THAT SAME SCREEN

Customer Service Rep
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

"TOM review"

Opmerkingen: We are processing all service call work orders and invoicing through TOM. It's been working fairly well and is nice to be able to email invoices direct to customers through TOM and Mobile application.

Pluspunten: It has flat rate and t&m capabilities for techs in the field via Mobile application. We had used Aptora's flat rate program via printed books in the past, which was a plus for our techs, and TOM integrates with Flat Rate Plus.

Minpunten: Training of the techs has been rocky; I would recommend having an Aptora rep come to your business to train in person. We tried live training via web, but found it was difficult to keep all techs at same pace to keep up with trainer.

Helene P.
Office Manager/Bookkeeper
  • Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017

"Very good program with lots of information and reports to pull from"

Opmerkingen: The benefits of this software is the fact that we don't have to use several different programs for different departments of the company. Everyone can use the same program and it makes it easier.

Pluspunten: I like how all the departments work together and everyone can use the same program at the same time.

Minpunten: The thing I like least about this program is after an update we don't realize the mistakes until we've used it for several days and sometimes weeks before finding a mistake in the data.

• Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017
Noah V.
SVP, Special Projects
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-7-2020

"Aptora Support team, second to none!"

Opmerkingen: Positive experience, especially support staff.

Pluspunten: With an outstanding and knowledgeable support staff and step-by-step videos that can be found on YouTube I found that what I originally thought was a nightmare waiting to happen turned into a very simple and outstanding addition to our company.

Minpunten: at first glance looked a bit overwhelming.

• Beoordeeld op 14-7-2020
Lou ann G.
Office Manger
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019

"Service friendly"

Pluspunten: We love how well rounded this software is. To be able to have so much of the customer's information and history all in one place is vital for us. There is so much offered with this software and we have not begun to implement it all.

Minpunten: The accounting end is not as user friendly as other softwares.

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019
Lynette J.
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018

"I love our Aptora program"

Opmerkingen: Our company used to track everything with paper and our memory. As you know, when you are growing reminders help your company run more efficiently.

Pluspunten: Everything you need and more to run a successful, growing business is right in this software! Our company expanded and we could not have grown so smoothly without our Aptora program.

Minpunten: It is tricky learning all of the different options Aptora has because there is a lot of information, but technical support (especially our rep) is SO HELPFUL!

• Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018
Christopher T.
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020

"Consider other options"

Opmerkingen: VERY FRUSTRATING.

Pluspunten: Plenty of reporting, lots of customization. A total office solution if you are staffed and equipped to go all in.

Minpunten: Software always has problems, never fully works, they are always updating every week to fix previous bugs and glitches only to introduce new bugs and glitches. Nice concept but the programming isn't there. I would recommend going with another option. I'm only still using it because I spent so much money on it. They are trying to keep up with the jones' and become something they're not. Software is suppose to automate process and make you more efficient not create new problems that shouldn't exist. Consider other options as I feel they are trying to squeeze customers into their cloud services which is probably their ultimate solution because they cant get it right with the server based product.

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020