Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Amicus Attorney

Amicus, de toonaangevende software voor praktijkbeheer, integreert je informatie in een enkel systeem voor het verbeteren van de efficiëntie en het rendement.

Meer informatie over Amicus Attorney

The ability to integrate your emails, calendar, reminders, and case load all in one is what sets amicus apart. Whenever I have had a problem the support team has acted promptly and efficiently.

The billing feature is very cumbersome and is not easy to use. The billing templates are terrible and you must have extensive knowledge of Report Builder to modify the templates or to create new ones.

Beoordelingen van Amicus Attorney

3,6
3,4
3,6
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,3

Amicus Attorney heeft een totaalscore van 3,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 196 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Amicus Attorney eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (196)

Terence
Terence
Consultant, Facilitator in VS

Amicus Attorney is my favorite software. Period. I have used it for many years, and it's fun.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

I actually look forward to pulling up the program (it reminds me of the best secretary/paralegal I have ever had). Everything is at hand, and connected to anything I need to do, whatever task is immediately at hand. It is flexible enough to accommodate interruptions in work, and powerful enough to take on every task I need to perform. When I was practicing full-time, my overhead was 30% while generally in the profession 40% to 60% was considered normal. My billing hours went up dramatically, and my family time increased commensurately. The tech support has alway been terrific. I had been practicing for several years before the personal computer was introduced, and I am not a computer wiz. When I needed tech support they were always on time and always fast and effective in sorting whatever I needed. The online tutorials are also terrific - clear and easy to follow; allowed me to use advanced features initially beyond my ability. This is a great program backed by a solid company with real integrity. I is always a pleasure to do business with them.

Paying for it, of course. Worth the money, though in increased billing hours and increased time with my family. Several years ago there was an separate accounting add-on, which I used and did not like at all. I am not sophisticated in accounting principles or software. Tech support was good, but I ended up doing it the old fashioned way (hired someone).

Doreen
Service Manager in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Worth the Investment

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Amicus Attorney offers a comprehensive case management solution tailored for legal professionals. Its intuitive interface streamlines tasks, making law practice management significantly more efficient. While the integration features with other software are commendable, there's a slight learning curve for beginners. Nevertheless, Amicus Attorney stands out as a worthy investment for firms seeking to modernize their operations.

Ways to make some notes stand out would be helpful

6 maanden geleden

Doreen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working with Amicus Attorney. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

It is an ok product but there are newer better products for firm management

3,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It was easy to use and fairly intuitive.

It was the product I used from the beginning of my career at a law firm. It has a few quirks but it was a good product. We would have continued to use Amicus Attorney if they did not stop supporting integration with PCLaw.

It has several quirks but you can work around those once you are more familiar with the program. There are better products out there for less money, however.

2 maanden geleden

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to pass along this feedback to our team and use it to continuously improve our services.

Catherine
Office Manager / Legal Assistant in VS

Amicus Performance

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Amicus Attorney in the past and have always been happy with the efficiency it offers. I am the administrator and daily user of the program. The billing program is easy to use and the organization of client's files is a time saver.

The efficiency. The program for billing is easy to operate. The management of client's files is essential to our practice. Being able to add all contacts to a file is a time saver when working with same.

Nothing I can recall at this moment. I so far have not had a bad experience with this program.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Legal Assistant in VS

An Aging Software

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Amicus is a solid case management software, but given their choice to switch to a model that does not truly have their customer's best interests in mind, it was simply not a software we could continue to use or support.

I have used this software for over two years at the law firm I work for. Ultimately, the software does everything we need it to do and them some: track case development, client information, time spent, etc. The software served its purpose well and has kept our firm organized and up to speed with all our cases.

While we have a large database of clients and still depend upon Amicus day-to-day for our older cases, we ultimately made the switch for other case management software a year ago, for one sole reason. Price. While Abacus decided to go the route of so many other similar products and only offer a subscription-based model, this was not something that ultimately suited our needs, and we had to cut ties.

5 jaar geleden

Dear Jeremy, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Amicus Attorney. We're so glad the software meets your needs. While we're sad to hear your firm switched to another case management system, we want you to know we're committed to providing our clients with exceptional value. Please feel free to reach out with any additional comments. Warmly, Katie Ternes Marketing Coordinator AbacusNext (858) 882-4882

Managing Partner in VS

Exchange with QB is lacking

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 6/10 overall.

Cost effect client management and time keeping software.

I don't like the way that the client trusts reports are printed and the inability to customize the reports. It makes 3-way trust reconciliation difficult.

Roger
Roger
Partner in Canada

I have been using Amicus Attorney since 1996. I love/hate it.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Amicus integrates your calendar, contacts, email, phone calls and matters and reminds you to create docket entries for all appointments, emails, calls, documents, etc. The beauty and economic benefit of the software is that it helps you to capture your time and to keep you organized. Over the years, Amicus has added things like Amicus mobile (which allows you to access features from your mobile device or any web browser) and a client portal (which allows you to permit clients to access certain information). I have always considered the most important element of the software to be the communications module. If you turn on email integration and make notes of all of your calls using the software, you can quickly review what has been happening in a case by turning to the communications module. You won't forget to docket your time for all those communications.

While many other features have been added, the developers have not made material improvements to the communications module since email integration was added in about 2001. Obvious improvements have been needed since then. For instance, you cannot access scanned or faxed letters from the communications module. These can be added and viewed in the documents module and in a chronology module (added in about 2015), but neither option is not ideal. Flipping through communications should be as easy as flipping the pages of a paper file, but it's not. It is the organizational equivalent of having one file folder with your emails and phone calls, and another file folder with your faxes and letters. You have to flip from one folder to the other to view each. Also, you should be able to filter communications. For instance, you should be able to display only client communications, or only counsel communications, but you can't (even though there is a field for role on file for each contact attached to a file). The chronology module will put everything including all communications and documents (including letters and faxes) in chronological order, but you can't filter the chronology to show only communications (it will also show every document, docket, calendar appointment, etc.). I have looked at alternative practice management software several times over the years and haven't seen one that I am adequately attracted to want to make what would be a painful change.

Anthony
Anthony
Attorney in VS

Good software that could be great

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Paperless offices require careful organization and this program provides a good platform. It is a little pricey, but their customer support is great.

The interface is well designed, it does a good job of maintaining data integrity. I feel that it does allow me to keep fairly organized, and it is helpful as far answering the phone and being able to get right on top of things, it is great. The sync with Outlook works most of the time, and it does a nice job with duplicates. The time keeping seems to catch almost everything, but needs improvement.

There are two possible setups, I think I chose the wrong one for my situation. If you have a "split" setup then unless you are on your network, you cannot do a lot of necessary things --such as generate documents, The handy tool that pulls up all your documents that you will need at trial, you guessed it. Finally, there are things that should be easier to do, such as copy complete tables of data.

Steve
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Amicus is a bit Old School

3,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It wasn't great. They promised upgrades but never delivered. The company sold four times during our seven years. It got expensive over the seven years.

It was pretty easy to set up and there weren't alot of upfront costs. In our early days, it was beneficial.

Customer service was scarce and often wasn't able to resolve our issues.

9 maanden geleden

Hi Steve, we're very sorry to hear that your experience with Amicus Attorney did not live up to your expectations. We will be sure to pass along this feedback to our team and use it to continuously improve our services.

Laurie
Paralegal/IT/Full-Charge Bookkeeper in VS

For our purposes, this software does everything that most the firm members expect of it.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

The calendaring feature works as expected, and all members associated with that event are able to see the event on their calendar and make any changes or updates to it, as necessary. The telephone feature works, even if you don't have your phone system connected to your computer, as it allows you to make notes and keep track of your billable time. The time entry assistant is really nice, as it allows you to identify items in your day that you may have overlooked for billing purposes.

Does not integrate as seamlessly with WordPerfect as I had hoped, an does not lend itself to some email providers other than outlook.

Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Amicus - Intuitive without Obtrusiveness!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The practice of law at any level is a business. As such the bottom line must always be considered. Amicus has saved money for the firm and has also made money for my practice. It has saved money by being so efficient that I have reduced staff. I no longer need a file clerk or an assistant to take time to organize my time, calendar, and tasks. Amicus does all those things automatically. Amicus has made money for the firm by automatically and efficiently creating time records and bills.

Amicus has allowed my firm to be at the forefront of our industry by enabling us to be completely paperless and meet the Federal and State efiling requirements. The automated document control features saves time by allowing us to skip the scan, save, move, paste, and name, routine of saving documents to locations where they can be found. Amicus does all those steps automatically, and in addition, has the capability of allowing you to preview documents in the Amicus file without even having to open them! The customization features allow you to make Amicus look and do the way you want tasks done. You do not have to conform to it, Amicus will conform to you. The creation of timeslips and billing will shock you in its ability to capture all your time. Reviewing and editing time entries is fast and easy. The publishing them to a bill is seamless and fast. The ability to preview and edit bills is efficient as well. And of course, you can customize your billing templates to make your bills look the way you want. The Client Portal is another firm saving feature. It allows you to give access to Clients to view documents, events, messages, that you select. I view it as a malpractice insurance feature! All communication is open to the Client. They can view their documents, their appointments, and can message you. It totally eliminates the complaint that, "I can't reach my lawyer." Everything is there for them to see. And again, only what you allow.

Amicus is a really great product. Little issues such as the Client Portal is a little finicky can be improved. It is a new feature and needs to allow Clients the ability to reset their password and to log on easier.

Greg
Owner in VS

Amicus is generally an ok product, but is lacking in several respects.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

It allows the members of my office to act as wild ducks flying more or less in formation, i.e. it provides a common path for all of us to stay organized and communicate regarding information in our system.

I would switch to CLIO if I did not have so much data that would need to be replicated. (History creates inertia.)CLIO has so many good features and provides such good training I don't like Microsoft exchange and several features require Microsoft exchange. I don't like it that the process of exiting the software changed in the last upgrade - I have been using the software for 20+ years and suddenly the way of minimizing the program has become the way of closing the program -,my muscle memory tells me to do it one way and some bright techie has decided that what I have been taught through year of use is no longer correct. I don't like it that there is no free training module for users we bring onto the team. Booking a private training is too pricey. Tech support is spotty. Sometimes you get a poor techie who cannot help with the problem- in such cases we call in again and hope we get a good techie (we frequently get someone on the 2nd or 3rd call who can solve our problem. Upgrades are buggy and it takes several patches to get things right. Abacus has an immigration module that is not available for Amicus. I get way too many sales calls and e-mails for Abacus Cloud. I am not paying the company to be a marketing prospect.

Amicus Attorney PE: A Great Idea Whose Time Has Long Passed

1,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've use Amicus Attorney for over ten years. It originally had superior functionality, and it showed great promise for future development. Unfortunately, as time has moved forward, Amicus Attorney did not. For us, some of its modules, e.g., "Communications" have stopped working. I see I have "phone messages" but none are available to retrieve. There is no fix to my knowledge until perhaps a new update. Calendaring events, "To Do's" no longer provide useful information to staff because repeating events clog the calendar rather than showing a single even in a month. Even creating a file or a contact has become an inordinately difficult task.

It can handle "project codes" for clients so that work on performed on various matters can be billed in a single file but the fees and costs can be subtotaled by that matter. This is a rare among the software or cloud based apps that exist currently. Once it was set up (for an additional fee), it has worked well for many, many years.

The software! It is outdated and unmanageable. Modules inexplicably stop working. Syncing with Outlook is painful, when it works. Customer support (even though we have prepaid for it) is worthless. You only get return calls, days later. And the information is unhelpful. This required us to retain, at added cost. outside technical support.

Bruce
President in VS

Used Amicus Attorney over 10 years

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Have small 1-2 attorney firm, used Premium. Lots of features, many of which I haven't used due to learning curve and pace of daily practice. As I have integrated QuickBooks and Outlook I have found it more useful, but doing this was tricky and frustrating. It was recommended by WSBA Law Practice Management staff over using Outlook alone for case management. The phone notes feature has proved very helpful and wasn't really available in Outlook when I first invested in the software. Technical support, once paid for the subscription, has been very good and responsive. I like that they take remote control and help quickly to solve problems.

I have reconsidered whether to keep Amicus many times; but once invested in such software, there is a high price to switch products. It has improved over the years. I don't use the Tasks feature the way it is designed, because it involves too much data input. I have modified a system that seems to work well enough and involves less data input but still tracks upcoming deadlines and target dates.

Anna
Firm Administrator in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

It's only as good as the users

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amicus Attorney is capable of being a one stop shop when it comes to case management, but your users have to be trainable properly and they actually have to use the program accordingly for this to be true.

Amicus Attorney is a very robust case management program with tons of beneficial features. It has the ability to streamline repetitive tasks and entries.

We deployed Amicus Attorney almost twenty (20) years ago. A lot has change over the years, some good, some bad. The decline in tech support has been the most unfavorable change.

Raymond
Owner/Sole proprietor in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

It's heavy duty integration of client information, calendaring, email retention.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was able to keep my data from my old version of Amicus, but the new one is much more horsepower than I need for a solo practice.

Has the capacity to store and sort a ton of information. I like the calendaring, file integration, and ability to keep track of contacts. The ability to save emails to a particular file instead of trying to retrieve them from Outlook is very helpful.

It crashes too often. It was a bear to set up for a one-attorney shop. It's inconsistent in its own protocols. For example, it says we're supposed to assign one Client ID per client and use that ID for each file, but half the time, it says we can't use the client ID because it's already in use. It doesn't recognize client's email addresses on receipt, and when I go to link an email to a contact already on the list, it gives me a message saying that there are duplicate entries for the email. The same message says to use some sort of command to clean up duplicates, but for the life of me, I can't find where the function exists. The lack of any paper manual is very frustrating.

Meredith
Attorney at Law in VS

Efficient and effective

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy billing, easy task and event addition with precedents, streamlining processes, effective & efficient if used correctly. The best feature is it allows me to have everything remain on my desktop and not in the cloud as I have a small practice that needs all the info protection it can get and not putting it on the net limits the opportunities for hacking. To me, it also allows more control over info flow to clients.

I am able to use precedents to ensure no missed billing opportunities from events or tasks associated therewith. The forms and "Do" buttons make it even easier to maximize return on effort.

Crashes more than I'd like. There are constantly phantom tasks that repeat with a category of "meeting" for the newly created duplicate tasks. I cannot seem to keep all tasks in Amicus synched with my tasks in Outlook when they should be complete duplicates of each other. It's frustrating, but suspect it has to do with the duplicate tasks.

Brad

Amicus Attorney in a Three-Person Practice

5,0 4 jaar geleden

I have been using Amicus Attorney since 1997. The office suite provides the backbone to my small sole practice. It keeps me and my two paralegals apprised of all activities, and admirably helps us record time accurately. In its conjunction with Abacus, Amicus has made my practice more adaptive to changing circumstances. The billing features have cut hours each month from my back office labors. I recommend Amicus Attorney to all the young practitioners I mentor.

I have no complaints with Amicus Attorney.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Brad, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to see Amicus has helped you and your firm! Would you be interested in being a featured customer use case? We keep hearing so many wonderful stories and we want to share them! Let me know your thoughts! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Andrew
Law Clerk, Amicus Administrator in Canada
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Reliable service for years through upgrades and changes in our practice

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our firm has used Amicus since its early days and it has been a valuable addition to our practice, saving lawyers' time by making it easy to keep track of contacts, time, billing information, and for document generation. From an administrator perspective, it is easy to maintain and upgrade with good developer support and admin tools.

The core functionalities of Amicus are so ingrained in our firm's work process and so easy to use that most users take it for granted. Features added in recent years, such as Amicus Anywhere, give us confidence that Amicus is changing in the same direction as our firm while maintaining the core functionalities that we rely on.

Our worst problems with Amicus have always been caused by integration with third-party programs such as PCLaw and especially Outlook/Exchange. Integration is a huge part of what makes Amicus useful, however.

Cynthia
office manager in VS

Amicus Attorney Review

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I like where you can see the expenses you have in a case. Also, you can charge a credit card payment to a client in Amicus.

It does not allow you to have some features that other leading legal software has right now on the market.

Gary
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amicus Attorney review from 25 year user

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I first started using amicus attorney my overall billing went up at least 30%. Over time I've been able to build a substantial database of all my contacts, communications and time history.

Integration with all of my practice needs including Outlook and Quickbooks and especially linking contacts and calendar data to my iPhone. Amicus allows me to track all of my activities, bill more of my time, follow the progress of cases and easily communicate via email and snail mail.

The online help function is somewhat cumbersome but is useful.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Gary, Thank you so much for the feedback! We are so pleased that you are happy with Amicus Attorney! We would love to feature your customer story, if you are interested? Please let me know! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Paulette
Legal Assistant in VS

Software Review

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to exchange all information for a client between PCLaw and Amicus. Cuts down on the double re-entries. I can attach files to the contact for quick reference. Clients are able to have their copies of pleadings and correspondence, cuts down on mailing expense.

The calendar. Ease of creating an event and tagging files to the event.

When setting a new appointment I can not go to new contact and fill in that information and tag it to the Soderstrom New Client File and then when the new client hires us and I open a new file in PCLaw and do the exchange, Amicus creates a new contact and now I have two contacts for the same person. It would be nice if there was some way to merge the contacts into one and then I would only have to enter the information once.

Serin
Managing Member in VS

Overall, Amicus does what I need it to at a price point that is reasonable for my solo practice.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I like the overall management capabilities and ability to keep track of time and bill. Although I have not used it yet, I like the client portal idea and ability to accept payments.

The email system is inconsistent. Sometimes, cutting and pasting into a message will disrupt the formatting of the email and often times, different fonts are used in the final message even though the message you are writing - those inconsistencies do not show up. Oftentimes, the server is slow and cannot send the message or loses the message and you have to start all over - this is the worst. I often have to reload Amicus because it gets "stuck" on a page and cannot move forward. I wish the phone app was more functional.

Sandy
Office Manager in VS

Quality, quality control, and customer service are among the worst I have ever worked with.

1,0 6 jaar geleden

It keeps a large database where each client's information, files, and communications are accessible.

Not very user friendly. Lots of blank space and small text -- why not make the text larger?? Many simple user-friendly features could be added, but they seem to always be playing catch-up with other problems they are not able to fix. Updates containing fixes are often promised, but not forthcoming. They would rather sell the next "Upgrade" product than fix the current release. The Quality Control department has no incentive to fix things. Customer Service is really awful. A government bureaucracy might be the only customer service department that is worse than Amicus.

Dorothy
Paralegal in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

GREAT PRODUCT - REAL TIMESAVER!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We first purchased Amicus Attorney in 2007. Installed on our network server and five workstations. Entered all of our client data, easily uploaded our documents, and it has been a breeze to work with since. Wouldn't trade this program for the world!

Calendaring events is easy, which negates the risk of failure to timely file lawsuits, responses to motions and requests for admission, etc. We sleep much better knowing our risk in these areas is so low.

Had a bit of difficulty getting used to emailing from Amicus rather than Outlook as we had in the past, but it was a low learning curve. Entering time through Amicus also took a bit of getting used to, but once we got used to the process it has gone smoothly.