Biscom Faxcom Review

Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, the software works, support is well done, they are able to resolve almost every issue I've sent their way. Very knowledgeable and courteous team at Biscom. We have the 24/7 support license so there is always someone to speak to. Would recommend with certain cautions around the team that is going to administer the software, would recommend taking training/admin courses (if they are available from Biscom) to better handle in-house troubleshooting before having to reach out for support.

Pluspunten: Software is fairly customizable, however, support is needed for most config changes as it is not very user friendly. End user facing client is easy enough to use, integration with Epic is a plus albeit difficult to set up/support without contacting Biscom.

Minpunten: Ease of use from an administrator standpoint. Some of the frustration experience may just be coming from lack of basic troubleshooting knowledge around the application, but it seems as though once you've troubleshot logs, there isn't much left to do except contact support for next steps.
Design and layout of software folder structure is confusing and unintuitive. Had to take several screenshots of file paths just to remember how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in the future without professional support.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Biscom is a complex system and touches many applications and users, so configuration can be tricky if you're not familiar with all the different options. I agree that training is really great and important to maximize the investment - our customers who finish training often find they're only scratching the surface in what FAXCOM can do. Thank you for your kind words about our support team - they are truly a dedicated bunch that really care about our customers.

Great organizational tool!!

Laura V.
Senior ACO Analyst
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Implementing Faxcom was the best thing to happen to our scheduling department. Again, it helped us get organized, eliminate missing faxes, and greatly improved our efficiencies and productivity. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was always pleasant, he was great to work with and always helped when we needed!

Pluspunten: This tool complete replaced our department receiving paper faxes. It helped improved the departments efficiency by being more organized (people not sifting through hundreds of papers) and timely with getting orders received and organized to better assist our patients.

Minpunten: There honestly wasn't much I didn't like, we were hoping at one point to try and auto name faxes which I believe is still an available feature but for some reason would not work for us at the time.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you - I know your previous workflow had areas to improve and we're happy that we could help. Not many people know how complex hospital scheduling can be. Being able to tame your existing process and allow you to do more with fewer resources is a deep source of pride for us. Thank you for being a customer. - Bill Ho, CEO

A product that delivers!

Michael C.
Data Center Supervisor
Magazijnen/opslag, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great Product, not only a cost savings, but an environmental savings as well.

Pluspunten: The Faxcom product is doing exactly what we were promised it would do. Setup was a cinch, and the customer service team walked us through every step. They can be counted on to pick up the phone right away if there are any issues. Great customer service, a great product, and a cost savings.....What else could you ask for?

Minpunten: The software was great, but it took us awhile to be able to receive invoices via email.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Not many people today realize that digital fax is paperless - and for many customers that equates to significant cost savings in terms of telephony, paper, toner, and all the manual labor and waiting around that's associated with legacy fax. Thank you for your nice comments! And, thank you for being a customer. - Bill Ho, CEO

Faxing business administation

Terri C.
Senior System Integration Support
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've supported other faxing solutions that were not as intuitive as the Biscom product, so I appreciate how easy it is to use Faxcom. The Biscom Support team is top-notch, know their product and respond to my questions quickly, which makes my job a lot easier.

Minpunten: Honestly, no cons come to mind. I've used the Biscom product for over 5 years and have not encountered any issues that the Support team could not resolve.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you - it's always great to hear that we're able to provide a great solution for your faxing needs. Our support team is very knowledgeable and takes personal pride in the fact that they can resolve any issue. With over 30 years of helping enterprises with their faxing issues, there isn't much that stumps them. Thank you for being a customer. - Bill Ho, CEO

You could have done better

Lawrence L.
Medical Director
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use, initially, good tecxhincal support

Minpunten: I originally started with a limited amount of incoming and outgoing faxes. When the volume began increasing, my bills became prohibitively expensive. I requested consideration be given to a flat monthly fee and was told this was not and would not be available.I attempted to contact someone other than a sales rep and never had my calls returned. As such, I changed services to a more cost effective company that accomadated my needs.
Remember, you asked for honesty
L S Levinson MD

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you for your thoughts. We are known for our extreme reliability and deliverability - in healthcare particularly. That level of service might not have been a good match for your needs. If you ever experience issues with your new provider, we would be happy to help you. And, yes, we want honesty. It helps us get better.

Faxing Is Still A Thing

Joshua C.
Exchange Administrator
Medische praktijk, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being able to go digital has saved tremendously on paper and labor over traditional faxing.

Pluspunten: The best thing is probably the support. They are responsive and thorough.

Minpunten: The setup, configuration and administration uses a complex, outdated and counterintuitive UI. It's a good thing they have good support. It also doesn't make the transmission problems of traditional faxing go away and troubleshooting such issues is very difficult -but that may just be the nature of the beast, not a failure of Biscom.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Digital fax is a huge improvement over traditional/legacy fax - you're right - all the paper and labor issues are gone, but don't forget telephony and toner. Both contribute to cost and inefficiency. Thank you for your feedback.
- Bill Ho, CEO

Best Software for sending and receiving faxes

Patrick O.
Admissions Director
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used Faxcom with another company prior to the company I am currently at. During my interview I asked what they used and it was your traditional way of submitting a fax. By the time I started in my new role it had already been ordered and was waiting for me to set it up. I have since set up multiple other users who love the software. I constantly share this with my peers and colleagues in the industry and once I show them its ease of use they demand for it from their companies.

Pluspunten: Simple to use, no need to wait for multiple fax pages to go through and then wait for a confirmation. Simply put in the designation info, attach files, write any notes and hit send. It will even email you if your fax did not go through.

Minpunten: To get or to make a fax cover sheet was very tedious. Wish there was a simpler way to do so. Took multiple days to get it right with the help of their support team.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Thank you for being such a great advocate! I have some good news for you too around cover sheets - we have a new way to generate them simply by creating the page in Microsoft Word, and printing through our cover sheet printer driver - what you see in Word is what you'll get in the cover sheet. Please contact your sales rep if you want to try this out.

Great Sales Staff

Lori W.
Senior Analyst Asset Management
Olie en energie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Pluspunten: Meets Targa's overall requirements for user groups

Minpunten: No comment. I am not an user of the software.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Thanks - appreciate your review!

Works well with our EMR - GE Centricity

Jennifer F.
IT Manager
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: FAXCOM integrates well with our EMR software. I really think the best aspects are that confirmations of faxes sent go right into the medical record and it is pretty easy to manage failed faxes without leaving the EMR.

Minpunten: I think that there are many things that could have been improved over the years but the product really hasn't changed. The price is good for what you get but we would be willing to pay more if it was easier to use.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Thank you, the EMR integration with Centricity and the ability to manage failed faxes is nice. Would love to hear from you more specifically on updates you'd find useful - we'll be in touch.

- Bill Ho, CEO

Easy to redeploy and rebuild

Raul S.
Network Engineer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Recently had to redeploy FAXCOM on Azure. The deployment went easier because of the Helpdesk and the business workflow

Pluspunten: Ease of use and to understand the business logic the reverse engineering the deployment

Minpunten: The integration of physical computer and cloud service

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you, Raul, for the review. I would like to know more about the cloud service and physical computer integration. If you are up to it, I'd like to learn more so I can understand what we can do to help. Happy to hear about the Helpdesk and business workflow! From all of us at Biscom, thank you. - Bill Ho, CEO

Better Error Logs, include customization

Kim W.
Server Admin
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Really I need to put something I like! I like that the interface looks like it is from 1970.

Minpunten: Not able to customize the emails with more information to determine if we need to take action. We receive daily emails about reaching max number of messages in queue but we don't know which queue or if the queue really has a problem.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you for your comments, Kim. We can help you with your questions about the queue. I can put our excellent support team to work on it. They love a good problem. I appreciate the feedback. We'll be in touch. - Bill Ho, CEO

Great product for automated or on demand faxing.

Andrew V.
IT Director
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Faxcom has been an integral part of our day to day faxing solution. We have integrated it with Interbit Data's Net Delivery product to auto fax out of our EMR. It works flawlessly. We also use it daily as a end user digital faxing solution. We have created global address lists for the entire hospital to easily fax documents to the correct fax numbers. Great product! Highly recommend.

Pluspunten: This product is easy to setup and use as automation software for use with other vendors or as an end user on demand faxing solution.

Minpunten: I don't really have any negatives about this product.

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

Thank you. Fax in healthcare is used as an interoperability technology - all digital and much easier to manage and track, and significantly faster than the old paper fax/fax machines that were prevalent in healthcare before. - Bill Ho, CEO

Faxcom works long and hard

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2019
Corey D.
Manager of Infrastructure Technology
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been maintaining faxcom now for over 3 years and it's ran non-stop with little trouble. You can't really ask for more.

Pluspunten: The support! Any questions we have get answered; generally with a live session full of explanations and examples.

Minpunten: If I was forced to pick a con its that we have to pay for it...

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

Yes, there is a cost - but we believe the value you are getting more than makes up for that. Thank you for your support and know you'll see Biscom run non-stop for many more years.

Couldnt do with out it

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019
Nannette M.
IT
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: [Sensitive content hidden] set us up and She was very knowledgable

Pluspunten: How well it interfaces within centricity Practice solutions

Minpunten: We also use ring central. Between the 2 this product is by far the best. I will we could send attachments also at the same time.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you for your review, Nannette. As an official fax partner for Centricity/Virence, we strive to be the best fax option. Reviews like yours make my day - and I will be sure to let the team know how happy you are!
- Bill Ho, CEO, Biscom

Mia from TAG

Mia O.
System Administrator
Publieke zaken, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is a great product that just works.

Pluspunten: The multiple ways to distribute faxes. It's so easy to obtain a new fax number on the web. A lot can be done on the web.

Minpunten: I wish that there was a feature that if the fax doesn't go through it notifies the user instead of a static email address.
I wish that there was a way that it would automatically connect with office 365 services and we wouldn't need to have an on premise server.

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

If you're looking for a cloud solution, we can help. No changes to the user interface, but with cloud, you won't have to spend time managing or administering your system. Let us know if you want to discuss an easy migration to cloud fax. - Bill Ho. CEO

review

Susan B.
Application Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Before use of Faxcom, our referral service center was constantly getting feedback they were missing faxes, this has all gone away.
Very good user experience

Pluspunten: It feels like a 'turn key' operation. It just works. And it provides the ability to look at the activity real time on fax server. Appreciate the reports as well in Job tracker

Minpunten: The job tracker interface is a bit 'old' feeling

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

Reliability is a key differentiator for Biscom - it's important, especially in healthcare, when patient care is paramount. - Bill Ho, CEO

Best fax solution

Sean C.
System Administrator
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We transitioned from a home grown software/fax board solution that we had to reboot and tweak almost constantly. Biscom Faxcom was selected to replace that and has been everything we could have asked for.

Pluspunten: Easy of use, ability to control how faxes are handled and delivered.

Minpunten: Lack of communication regarding available software upgrades.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Glad we could help - I'm sure you have better things to do than tweak your fax solution, so happy that you found us. Regarding software upgrades, you can visit http://go.biscom.com/NewsletterSubscription-SignUp.html and make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter - where we announce all of our upgrades. You can also visit this page to see the current software versions available to you: https://www.biscom.com/software-versions/

Gives New Functionality To An Old Technology

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Paul L.
Managing Partner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We disposed of our fax machine in 2008 but there are some industries and organizations that still require documents to be faxed such as the IRS and pharmacies. Faxcom allow us to work with these entities without being tethered to the office or running to a Kinko's, UPS Store or a copy shop.

Pluspunten: The ability to send or receive a fax anywhere from any device.
Adding security to an inherently insecure technology -paper faxes sitting on a fax machine. (This adds versatility to the technology and makes it appropriate for verticals that are regulated or have more stringent security requirements.)
Safeguards to prevent unauthorized use.
Automatic scan to document.

Minpunten: Metered pages and a cost per page over allotted pages. Would prefer it be a flat fee for unlimited pages.

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Yes, you're right - lots of companies still prefer fax, and it's often used as part of a document workflow. And you're right on the money about regulated industries - fax pages lying around for people to see is problematic. This is especially true in healthcare, where HIPAA requires more security around handling of patient information.

SickKids Review

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2019
Sylvie W.
IT Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Auto faxing from Epic as well as Digital Fax solution for sickkids. Biscom has great staff who are always available. My experience with support and Professional services has always been excellent.

Pluspunten: Ease to install and upgrade.
Overall easy to use and administrate

Minpunten: Would like to see some additional functionalities around rules based routing
Enhanced Epic integration... having issues with dpt field

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

Thank you - we love working with you as well, and glad you like our Epic integration. There are some additional Epic features that you may not have seen - we'll be in touch.

FaxCom, the easy Fax alternative

Senior System Engineer
Marketing en reclame, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We like the fact that we can use FaxCom without it needing additional plugins to work with outlook.
Easy to use, works perfect.

Minpunten: Neither myself or any of our reps had any dislikes about the software. It is doing what it`s supposed to do, so everyone is happy :)

We like happy customers so thank you for being one. - Bill Ho, CEO

Easy to use

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2019
Jeramy F.
IT application analyst
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Allows us to send and receive multiple faxes without wasting paper

Pluspunten: Easy integration to EMR and simple to configure

Minpunten: Sometimes a bit laggy and interface is somewhat dated

van Biscom op 2-12-2019

It's amazing how much cost savings there are from going paperless. But integration into your EMR and other applications is also a huge win. Thank you for being a great customer. - Bill Ho, CEO

Great application for electronic faxing

Nikki S.
IS Specialist/IT Trainer
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our Firm just started using it at the time that I came aboard. We did have a professional come in to train end-users at that time. Although it was more involved for those of us who have administrative privileges, the users have been successful at using it with little or no questions.

Pluspunten: I'm an IT professional and not only did I find it easy to use, it was easy to show end-users with very little need for follow-up.

Minpunten: Looking for preview screens for the cover page options.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Thank you for your review. Good news on your "con' which is we will have a cover page preview capability in our upcoming release of our all-new web client. We'd love to have you be an early beta customer and receive your feedback. Contact me and I'll put you in touch with the beta team.

Faxcom in Healthcare

Mabel R.
Director, HIM
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Faxcom is a reliable systems. It is also user friendly.

Minpunten: Reporting needs some enhancements such as productivity reports.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

It was a pleasure working with you on your transition to Biscom. You were instrumental in designing a better workflow and integrating us into your EMR - it was a great experience. Thank you! - Bill Ho, CEO

Faxcom Review

Jeff F.
Magazijnen/opslag, 51-200 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Very Positive

Pluspunten: Usually don't have to think about it. Support is great.

Minpunten: I really can't think of negatives. This software does what we need it to do.

van Biscom op 25-11-2019

Great! Thank you for being a customer. Know that we're here for you if anything does come up. - Bill Ho, CEO

OFFICE MUST HAVE

Mary H.
Clinical Manger/Nurse
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: doing away with the paper trail!!!
documentation is much easier and concise.

Pluspunten: compatibility, and ease of install/ maintenance

Minpunten: The address book is hard to use within the workflow

van Biscom op 4-12-2019

Yes, agreed on getting rid of paper! While people typically associate fax with paper, toner, strange sounds on telephone lines, Biscom helps companies save significantly as it's completely digital - in many cases, there's no paper involved at all, end to end. Thank you for your feedback.