ActiveCampaign reviews

4.1/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.2/5

Over ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign combineert de kracht van e-mailmarketing, marketing automation en automatisering van verkoop en CRM.

Meer informatie over ActiveCampaign

416 reviews worden weergegeven

Néstor M.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019

"This guys know how to do things the right way"

Opmerkingen: Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pluspunten: Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Minpunten: I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

• Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019
David j. B.
Managing Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-3-2020

"If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is"

Opmerkingen: I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact. AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pluspunten: You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Minpunten: There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

• Beoordeeld op 2-3-2020
Marketing Automation - Business Development Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020

"Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises"

Opmerkingen: I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer.
In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Minpunten: For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

• Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020
Charles S.
General Manager
Horeca, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2019

"Disorganized & Frustrating"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience was pretty negative, one of the more challenging and time wasteful business relationships we have had in quite some time.

Pluspunten: Our account rep was quite helpful initially and our experience getting set up went fairly smoothly. After the inital set up our account rep pretty much disappeared but when we pressed her to become involved she did set up a call and was helpful.

Minpunten: The company has some fairly significant problems related to intracompany communications between departments. The old adage the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing fits Active Campaign perfectly based on our exeprience. About 6 months in we set up a call with our account rep whose analysis was that our account was doing very well from any analytics perspective with very high relative open rates and fairly low/acceptable spam reports, but the bery next day we received an email from a different person and department indicating that our spam complaints were too high and they suspended our service. It was an exptremely poor experience and given the spam numbers displayed on the Active Campaign admin panel made no sense at all. Qe also had a similar negative experience during the onboarding process with our account rep being totally out of the loop. The initial onboarding problems almost caused me to go in a different direction and looking back on it I wish I had folowed my gut instincts at that time, had I made the correct decision and chosen a different provider it would have saved us a lot of time that ended up being wasted.

• Beoordeeld op 2-11-2019
Marco S.
Marketing Consultant
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020

"One of the best marketing automation software"

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaing is easy to use but its modular approach allows you to do very complex things. I really like the automation features. ActiveCampaign is also integrated with most e-commerce and online services.

Minpunten: It does not yet have native GDRP management. Numerous configurations are required to comply with the standards.

• Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020
Elizabeth P.
Director HR
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019

"If you want a tool whose objective is more income use ActiveCampaign"

Opmerkingen: We use it to establish marketing and brand automation criteria. In addition, it also performs functions in the company as a trusted CRM that adapts to our general approach to market and customer acquisition. It is also very effective because it helps us to have a record of information on the interactions with customers, not only the data with whom the interaction is made but also during that meeting. It is a powerful tool that can do a lot with less and that will undoubtedly be of great importance after its first use in any project.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has been fundamental for me because I can maintain a relationship of customer data over time, which helps me to have a monitored profile and work based on your data. In addition to this, it has excellent support which has been kind, effective and fully functional. On the other hand, I use it full time because its strong deployment allows it. I also like it because I can have a totally effective marketing automation thanks to the flowchart that it provides.

Minpunten: The program is totally perfect. I have no complaints at all of any kind, I have done great projects with it and it has certainly been important for marketing purposes.

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019
Eduardo C.
President EMEA & LATAM
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-2-2020

"The best"

Opmerkingen: Activecampaign is a great software and I highly recommend.

Pluspunten: The automations are limitless
Great customer support and help articles
Great integrations with most known softwares

Minpunten: There wasn´t anything in particular that I can think of. Perhaps the user experience could be improved as some options are burried inside menus

• Beoordeeld op 26-2-2020
Shana N.
Communications and Marketing Leader
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020

"a very good CRM"

Opmerkingen: Great for communications and marketing actions but not good fore sales

Pluspunten: It's a great tool for marketing and communications, you can create campaings, do a tree of automatization mails, with diferent actions, you can track if someone opens the emails, how many times they open it and if you have any replies. You can set a list of contacts and create tags for several topics.

Minpunten: That you don't have visibility of your client and the status or way in the path and the reports are very hard ofmanage because the data it's not so organize.

• Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020
Robert D.
Chief Customer Officer
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-1-2020

"Great software for automation sequences"

Opmerkingen: Overall I've had a positive experience with ActiveCampaign.

Pluspunten: I have found ActiveCampaign to be ahead of the competition specifically in their automation and drip sequences.

Minpunten: There's a strange bug when inserting a link: sometimes the text for the link disappears when saving the hyperlink.

• Beoordeeld op 19-1-2020
Makenzie G.
Business Development Manager
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-12-2019

"Great CRM "

Opmerkingen: I love the power it gives me to be able to contact my leads and continue nurturing them.

Pluspunten: I love that I am able to house all of my leads in one spot and create email sequences, blast emails and even more.

Minpunten: I don't like how there is such a steep price curve once you pass a certain amount of contacts. The price seems to rise pretty quickly.

• Beoordeeld op 22-12-2019
Carmelo P.
Web & SEO specialist
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-10-2019

"Complete and flexible with a great API"

Opmerkingen: My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pluspunten: Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp.
But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Minpunten: The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

• Beoordeeld op 26-10-2019
Declan D.
Chief Growth Generator
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2016

"Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience."

Opmerkingen: Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pluspunten: Marketing automation tools and templates
Deliverability excellent in our experience
CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff.
Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people.
Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Minpunten: CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs
Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2016
Austin S.
Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2017

"The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation"

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Minpunten: The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2017
Head of Digital Marketing
Politieke organisatie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

"Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations"

Pluspunten: My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Minpunten: The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

• Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019

"Solid Email Marketing/CRM Solution for Small Businesses"

Opmerkingen: ActiveCampaign is a great value for the variety of tools that it provides.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign specializes in providing email marketing solutions with an intuitive, visual (albeit a bit slow) interface for creating and sending email campaigns and logical drips (i.e. If Email A opened send Email B or else send Email C). The CRM is a nice add-on if you don't already have a way to manage your client relationships.

Minpunten: The CRM is quite clunky and doesn't have the power and flexibility of platforms that were designed with that functionality in mind.

• Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Catherine B.
  • Beoordeeld op 23-5-2019

"Affordable Automation"

Opmerkingen: I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Minpunten: The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

• Beoordeeld op 23-5-2019
Mylvio M.
Marketing Manager
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019

"Very Flexible Product"

Opmerkingen: A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Pluspunten: The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Minpunten: The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

• Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Tom S.
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Best E-Mail Automation Software at an affordable price"

Opmerkingen: Customer service is very good and fast. Software simply works as described and for such a vital part of your business like e-mail automation it is great to have a stable software.

Pluspunten: The feature set AC comes with is excellent considering its low price point. You have everything you look for in an e-mail automation software and with the recent design overhaul it is a pleasure to use. Very easy to customise the e-mail layouts and building automations is very fast after you got to know how it works.

Minpunten: The many features you have within the software kind of make it a steep learning curve. Other than that there is nothing I could complain about.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Millie B.
President & CoFounder
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2019

"Great value marketing automation platform."

Pluspunten: The marketing automation side of the software is excellent as is the customer support. We are very happy that we upgraded to a package that includes an account manager - she is very responsive and helpful. The outline/map view of automations works great on all screen sizes - I can work with it as easily on my laptop as I can on my desktop and this was a big difference compared to our previous marketing automation software. Campaign / newsletter set up is easy and reporting on campaign performance is detailed and insightful. The iPhone app is really user friendly for quick updates to the CRM - tasks and notes - on the go.

Minpunten: I find the CRM / Deal reporting a little simplistic. I would really like to be able to get more detailed information such as detail of deals by user and ability to filter deals based on the lead source. The List Clean Up feature doesn't allow you to preview your list before it deletes contacts. eg. if I want to clean up bounced or unsubscribed contacts I only have one choice and that is to delete them all, I can't preview that list and cherry pick. Neither can I seperate the bounced list by bounce type. These would be really good features to have.

• Beoordeeld op 23-4-2019
Ivan V.
IT Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019

"Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues"

Opmerkingen: It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Pluspunten: It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own.
Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Minpunten: Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away.
Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

• Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"The best email automation software"

Opmerkingen: The best email software I've used (tried AWeber, Mailchimp) and with the most features.

Pluspunten: Automation. You are able to create complicated sales funnels that run on autopilot to maximise conversions and sales. For example, I integrate my ClickFunnels landing pages with ActiveCampaign. Leads receive automated follow up emails, and then further personalised emails based on whether they open or click on a link in an email.

Minpunten: It was very complicated at first. It would be good if they had YouTube tutorials to get you started, like with ClickFunnels.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Director of Enrollment Services
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-12-2019

"A good option for marketing automation, with a nice CRM"

Opmerkingen: ActiveCampaign is a solid platform. The CRM has nice communication options and the tagging system for contacts and in-the-moment segmentation are nice touches. The automation builder is a little clunky and, while it has lots of options, has fewer than some other platforms. The Salesforce sync is clunky to set up, but the customer service and support are incredible. We’re probably able to do more with ActiveCampaign than some competitors, just because ActiveCampaign really takes the time to support their users.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign offers a lot at a reasonable price point.
The tagging system is a great innovation in contact-sorting.
The built-in CRM and Salesforce integration make it easy to communicate with contacts and keep track of those relationships.
The email studio is refreshingly usable.
Active campaign’s support and customer service are truly second-to-none.

Minpunten: The Salesforce sync, while convenient, is bulky and requires finesse to use.
The automation options are a little limited compared to some competitors.

• Beoordeeld op 20-12-2019
Senior Marketing Manager
Werving en selectie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-7-2019

"Advanced level email automation for SMB prices"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a great email tool for startups and small businesses.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign is a great step up from something like Mailchimp if you're going to test some automation features. IT's actually cheaper than Mailchimp and has automation features you'd expect in something like Hubspot.

Minpunten: I'd love to see some better automation templates to help people who are new to automation get started. That's something the more expensive tools do a good job with.

• Beoordeeld op 28-7-2019
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019

"One-stop shop for more than just emails"

Opmerkingen: Active Campaign gives you a one-stop email marketing shop offering campaigns, automation, and even a CRM system that allows you to keep everything in one place.

Pluspunten: Active campaign can handle a lot of your customer contact metrics. You can run email campaigns, track engagement, and retargeting campaigns. The software is easy and straightforward to use. With a grasp on how email marketing works, you can easily find your way around the software and get to the campaigns, contacts, lists, and automation you need to access. Also, your payment plan is based on the number of contacts you have, so if your contact is subscribed to multiple lists, you are not charged any extra.

Minpunten: The email editor is a bit plain. If you don't know coding, your emails will all look similar or you're stuck using the templates they provide, many of which look outdated. Integrations are available, but you have to be careful as some will fire off false tags or contact updates.

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Ravi G.
Biotechnologie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2018

"Powerful automation system collaborating e-mail marketing and customer relationship management"

Pluspunten: If you select trigger, you can send emails to the targeted customers. The application is easy to use and is an affordable solution when compared to other similar applications. Presence of additional features like sort and organize and provision of filters by analyzing customer records based on their purchase lists and event engagements. Integrations to meet all business types. Integrates with Google applications like spreadsheets, docs etc. Sales pipeline component and the campaign automation features are the best for active campaigns. Templates available and you can create your own templates, with which you can work to personalize emails and add-on graphics. Assigning tags to each customer based on their interactions is another unique feature.

Minpunten: Attachment of an image to the email message is time-consuming. Real-time custom recording of events is absent. Manipulation of data and exporting feature is also absent. An outdated application program interface. It is an affordable solution but lacks a lot of features that similar automation systems have.

• Beoordeeld op 8-7-2018