Complete and flexible with a great API

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2019
Carmelo P.
Web & SEO specialist
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pluspunten: Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp.
But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Minpunten: The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

This guys know how to do things the right way

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019
Néstor M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pluspunten: Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Minpunten: I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2016
Declan D.
Chief Growth Generator
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pluspunten: Marketing automation tools and templates
Deliverability excellent in our experience
CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff.
Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people.
Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Minpunten: CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs
Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2017
Austin S.
Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Minpunten: The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.

Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Head of Digital Marketing
Politieke organisatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Minpunten: The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

Solid Email Marketing/CRM Solution for Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: ActiveCampaign is a great value for the variety of tools that it provides.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign specializes in providing email marketing solutions with an intuitive, visual (albeit a bit slow) interface for creating and sending email campaigns and logical drips (i.e. If Email A opened send Email B or else send Email C). The CRM is a nice add-on if you don't already have a way to manage your client relationships.

Minpunten: The CRM is quite clunky and doesn't have the power and flexibility of platforms that were designed with that functionality in mind.

Affordable Automation

Beoordeeld op 23-5-2019
Catherine B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Minpunten: The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

Very Flexible Product

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Mylvio M.
Marketing Manager
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Pluspunten: The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Minpunten: The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

Great value marketing automation platform.

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2019
Millie B.
President & CoFounder
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The marketing automation side of the software is excellent as is the customer support. We are very happy that we upgraded to a package that includes an account manager - she is very responsive and helpful. The outline/map view of automations works great on all screen sizes - I can work with it as easily on my laptop as I can on my desktop and this was a big difference compared to our previous marketing automation software. Campaign / newsletter set up is easy and reporting on campaign performance is detailed and insightful. The iPhone app is really user friendly for quick updates to the CRM - tasks and notes - on the go.

Minpunten: I find the CRM / Deal reporting a little simplistic. I would really like to be able to get more detailed information such as detail of deals by user and ability to filter deals based on the lead source. The List Clean Up feature doesn't allow you to preview your list before it deletes contacts. eg. if I want to clean up bounced or unsubscribed contacts I only have one choice and that is to delete them all, I can't preview that list and cherry pick. Neither can I seperate the bounced list by bounce type. These would be really good features to have.

Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Ivan V.
IT Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Pluspunten: It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own.
Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Minpunten: Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away.
Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

Advanced level email automation for SMB prices

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2019
Senior Marketing Manager
Werving en selectie, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a great email tool for startups and small businesses.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign is a great step up from something like Mailchimp if you're going to test some automation features. IT's actually cheaper than Mailchimp and has automation features you'd expect in something like Hubspot.

Minpunten: I'd love to see some better automation templates to help people who are new to automation get started. That's something the more expensive tools do a good job with.

One-stop shop for more than just emails

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Active Campaign gives you a one-stop email marketing shop offering campaigns, automation, and even a CRM system that allows you to keep everything in one place.

Pluspunten: Active campaign can handle a lot of your customer contact metrics. You can run email campaigns, track engagement, and retargeting campaigns. The software is easy and straightforward to use. With a grasp on how email marketing works, you can easily find your way around the software and get to the campaigns, contacts, lists, and automation you need to access. Also, your payment plan is based on the number of contacts you have, so if your contact is subscribed to multiple lists, you are not charged any extra.

Minpunten: The email editor is a bit plain. If you don't know coding, your emails will all look similar or you're stuck using the templates they provide, many of which look outdated. Integrations are available, but you have to be careful as some will fire off false tags or contact updates.

Powerful automation system collaborating e-mail marketing and customer relationship management

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2018
Ravi G.
Biotechnologie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: If you select trigger, you can send emails to the targeted customers. The application is easy to use and is an affordable solution when compared to other similar applications. Presence of additional features like sort and organize and provision of filters by analyzing customer records based on their purchase lists and event engagements. Integrations to meet all business types. Integrates with Google applications like spreadsheets, docs etc. Sales pipeline component and the campaign automation features are the best for active campaigns. Templates available and you can create your own templates, with which you can work to personalize emails and add-on graphics. Assigning tags to each customer based on their interactions is another unique feature.

Minpunten: Attachment of an image to the email message is time-consuming. Real-time custom recording of events is absent. Manipulation of data and exporting feature is also absent. An outdated application program interface. It is an affordable solution but lacks a lot of features that similar automation systems have.

Exactly what we needed our email marketing

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Alex L.
Digital Content Lead
Mediaproductie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has great delivery rates. We also love the automation tools and integrations. It makes our lives so much easier and saves a ton of time.

Minpunten: The software sometimes has some random errors or is slow. We'd also love some more bells and whistles, like being able to schedule exports and reports.

Powerful Email Marketing with Automation

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2018
Jesus P.
CEO/President
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign is incredible email marketing software that allows you to build powerful automations and logic into any campaign. You can assign tags based on behaviors in emails, on your website or when filling out forms. It also provides many integrations.

Minpunten: The email builder is nice, but it fails at providing a way to create simple letter-style emails with multiple images inserted inside the text (ie text flowing around left or right aligned images). To insert an image in an email, you need to add a text-block, then an image-block, and then another text-block. It doesn't work like a typical WYSISYG HTML editor like WordPress.

van ActiveCampaign op 12-2-2018

Hi Jesus,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We appreciate any and all feedback. If you'd like, we'd encourage you to add your ideas for the email builder to our internal page for the team to see (ideas.activecampaign.com)

A really slick product with a few performance issues that keep it under 5 stars

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2017
Eric P.
Graphic Designer
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign's feature set is really hard to beat (I know, because we had some performance hiccups that had me researching alternatives); the automation tool is unequaled by any competitors, and ties in very neatly with their sales pipeline component.

Minpunten: My only real complaint is that the server infrastructure their product sits on appears to be a little underpowered; at times the system is unusable due to slow loading pages. We have had some hiccups with the software where it was absolutely not working correctly, but support was able to provide a workaround eventually until the issue was resolved. Those issues did cause some major disruption to a large campaign. Additionally, their SMS solution can only send 1 message per second, which is fine, but that limitation wasn't noted anywhere, so we made the mistake of broadcasting to a large list, and the final messages weren't delivered for over a week.

Great email marketing app with in built split testing and custom tagging capabilities

Beoordeeld op 5-4-2018
Aj S.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to use and powerful email marketing app.

Pluspunten: Straight out of the gate Active Campaign is an impressive email marketing app, even if you don't take advantage of it's impressive CRM capabilities. It offers similar record-based database features to other apps 10x the price and allows you to quickly get up and running with an intuitive, drag and drop, campaign builder. Probably the best feature is the inbuilt split testing functions. Any good marketer will tell you that you're probably only a few split tests away from scoring a home-run campaign but split testing individual emails in a campaign sequence or split testing across different campaign sequences can be near impossible in most apps. Active Campaign makes this easy enough to do that you've no excuse not to be testing all the time.

Minpunten: At times the UI can feel a little hard to navigate with some of the features seemingly buried in menu options. It's been a while since the interface was refreshed and it feels over due for an update.

van ActiveCampaign op 6-4-2018

Hi AJ,

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate hearing what is and isn't working from our users and we're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform! We're continuing to make updates, so stay tuned!

Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Powerful but bad email editor

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2018
Alfred B.
Co-Founder
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There isn't a focus on a specific audience, which makes the platform too big & complicated.

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign has so many integrations, a strong API, a marketplace for everything (including automation) a strong community and so much more. It's a mature platform, that's constantly getting more powerful.

Minpunten: The email editor is just horrible. It's clunky, it's ugly, it doesn't show all the sequence, even editing an email is a hassle. That's why I left ActiveCampaign. And customer service is reachable only by email. Which slows down the resolution of any issue.

van ActiveCampaign op 1-8-2018

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you're no longer with ActiveCampaign. We'd love to hear what about the email builder you didn't like so we can take that feedback to our product team. Please email [email protected] or add your feedback to our ideas.activecampaign.com page - we would appreciate the feedback!

Thank you again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Very powerful email marketing platform which can automate your business

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2018
Andrey F.
Business Development
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: You can automate anything with this smart and reliable email marketing platform.

Pluspunten: My favorite feature is Automations. When you have a subscriber in your list, you can track everyone on your website and send them a particular message on any event you can imagine. Also you can fully customize your confirmation email for double opt-in, which is impossible for other email platforms like Mailchimp where you can change particular lines of text only. I also love that the support is available through the chat so you can ask any questions.

Minpunten: I wish it was more comfortable to view reports on your split-test campaigns as you can see the final results only, but not which version was winning and which confidence level was achieved. There were also a few issues I had with my automation but their support helped me to resolve it quickly.

van ActiveCampaign op 1-2-2018

Hi Andrey,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear you're loving ActiveCampaign and that Support has helped you resolve any issues you've had quickly!

We're making improvements to our reporting feature and appreciate the feedback. If there's ever anything you'd like to see, don't hesitate to let our internal team know at ideas.activecampaign.com

Thank you again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

ActiveCampaign is user friendly, robust and fit our needs almost perfectly.

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017
Chelsie venée Y.
Operations & Finance
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The platform is extremely easy to use and quite intuitive. There wasn't a huge learning curve to get it up and running. The campaign automations are what I really like about this tool that set it apart from the other tools we'd tested. Here you're able to customize almost every detail of the drip campaign from the day of the week to the time of day (in the recipient's time zone). This is great when you're working with prospective clients all over the world. Customizing the emails to make them personalized and adding graphics were a breeze. They provide templates for you to work with as well as the option for you to create your own. Being able to have the freedom to be as creative or cookie cutter is always a plus!

van ActiveCampaign op 13-12-2017

Hi Chelsie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We love hearing from our users and appreciate feedback so we can continue to grow.

Thank you from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

A swiss army knife of marketing tools.

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Roy C.
Senior Web Developer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: We first got Active Campaign about three years ago. It revolutionalized our way of doing business. We knew it was a simple email marketing tool, but it allowed us to do automation. Think of this, you send an email and then if they click on the button in your email, you can then retarge them on your website. On top of that, we were able to automate certain email flows. The customization was neat where we could automate based on days or even inaction. We heavily utilize their RSS feed function to provide our customers automated emails with curated content from our website. I'm particularly glad that Active Campaign is constantly updated and upgrading their software which as a client brings me piece of mind.

Minpunten: There are different pricing structures that might not fit everyone's budget needs. Although mailchimp might be considered one of its biggest competitors, Active Campaign provides customers a more robust solution.

van ActiveCampaign op 14-3-2018

Hi Roy!

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear you consider us the "Swiss army knife of marketing tools!" We appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

The best email marketing automation software - I little difficult to learn at first.

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2019
Alex B.
ceo
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I am really happy with activecampaign. It's helping me converting more subscribers into clients, and automating my business.

Pluspunten: I love how powerful it's to create a really good email marketing automation and flow with the builder. I switched from Aweber and it's just another level! Since then I am converting my list at 4%! that it's huge for my industry.

Minpunten: At first it's a litle difficult to learn how to use it. And it has a lot of features that can discourage beginners.

Few things to keep in mind about Active Campaign

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Business Analyst
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is worth having CRM software.

Pluspunten: 1. It helps me to collect leads and translate them into potential customers by fetching or collecting data from various source via emails, chat and form submission.
2. I like it's automated email feature that automatically send follow-ups to the leads. It saves me a lot of time to work upon other things.

Minpunten: 1. Recently I experienced a bug which is emails/replies (which I use to send through the AC) were not getting delivered to the leads. But I spoke to their support team and they managed to fix that issue. It is not anymore. Keep up the good work.
2. Creating automation is quite complex, it should be more easy and user friendly. Suggestions: Add a tool-tip at each event/action.

Feature packed for less money

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
VP of Sales and Marketing
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: ActiveCampaign does everything that the more expensive marketing automation platforms do. It's very visual in how to set up automations allowing for a very short learning curve.

Minpunten: I wish that the pricing was based solely on subscribers. You really need the 2nd tier to get the minimum features that someone would want. It's still a great deal though!

van ActiveCampaign op 13-8-2018

Hi there!

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we're happy to hear that you're loving the features ActiveCampaign provides!

We'd love to hear more from you regarding what you wish you could see with pricing. Would you mind adding it to our feedback page? That way our internal team will be able to see it and other users can upvote the ideas. ideas.activecampaign.com

Just in time.

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2015
Roy C.
Digital Marketing Manager
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
4.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Active Campaign continues to improves its product monthly. Their technical support is excellent and they continue to enhance their product while still maintaining a palatable price point. Where else can you get an email marketing software along with a CMS and marketing automation for a much lower price than Marketo? We also love that they've integrated lead scoring, along with site tracking. Who doesn't want to target your hottest leads? We're very impressed with Active Campaign vision to help their customers. Also, their automated sequences helped us cut down time and energy that we were wasting. There is so many ways to customize your marketing and Active Campaign fit the bill for us.

Minpunten: Just need a better form builder. However, we have been told that this is in the works.