Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Smartsheet

Smartsheet is een online platform voor de uitvoering van werk dat organisaties van elke omvang in staat stelt om werk te plannen, te beheren, te automatiseren en erover te rapporteren.

Meer informatie over Smartsheet

2.185 reviews worden weergegeven

Megan C.
Megan C.
Producer, Owner in VS
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Critical in daily management

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros:

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons:

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Aaron R.
Aaron R.
Director, Business Solutions & IT in VS
Groothandel, 11-50 werknemers

Good For Value, Limits in Scale

4 6 maanden geleden

Comments: Generally a good experience. Trouble only came when trying to do more advanced data analysis, and workflows.

Pros:

Very good with basic project management features. Kanban is great, and you can view data multiple ways (kanban, gantt, table). The workspaces tool is cool, it's a good way to organize reports and data. Reports are great for showing users only the data they need, and keeps them out of source data tables. There is also good cross sheet functions like you would see in excel. Smartsheet is also one of the most widely available tools to be integrated with. Tools like Zapier make it easy to integrate with, and you can also upgrade to a live data connector to visualize your data in a tool like tableau.

Cons:

Features can be way behind. They just introduced features like pivot, and group to analyze data. Their internal workflow tools are behind what's commonly available in the marketplace. And if you want to use a separate workflow tool like Zapier, you will pay to use it. Their row limit just went up from 5,000 to 20,000 in a sheet in 2020, which was always a limit of how much we could scale the tool.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets en Quickbase

Switched From: Zoho Projects

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: Smartsheet is cost effective, and has better control rules and UI than spreadsheets.

Paul W.
Director of IT & Project Management in VS
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Take the Giant Step Up from Excel!

5 2 weken geleden New

Comments: It significantly improved and increased our efficiency and effectiveness in order and project management. This is our second year of our subscripition and we don't see any reason to change to anything else for what we have to do.

Pros:

Many are using MS Excel to track projects and orders... If this is your world, then you have to try out Smartsheet! Excel like User Interface that does a whole lot more. Schedule reminders, automate tasks, work flow, and the list goes on... and yet, the with the straightforward simplicity of a familiar EXCEL like environment. Other Project Management tools are great, but for those of us that like the EXCEL look and feel, you will find Smartsheet super easy to adopt and you will love the awesome features it provides. Smartsheet also regularly sends out tips on how to improve your processes and ideas on how to use it in many other ways.

Cons:

When compared to some of the other solutions like Trello, BaseCamp or Asana, Smartsheet may not be as 'flexible' since it adheres to an Excel like user interface. Maybe this is because of my lack of knowledge in all aspects of Smartsheet's features? Overall, there's not much I don't like about Smartsheet for the way me and my team has to use it.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Basecamp en Trello

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Most of our team members were using Excel and the familar user interface ensured a high adoption rate versus the other PM tools.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: We love the user interface that is similar to Excel and knew more of our team members would embrace Smartsheet because of this.

Patrick H.
Procurement in VS

Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts

3 10 maanden geleden

Comments: While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Pros:

Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Cons:

The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available. Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful. Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited. Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow. Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

Kevin w N.
Sr. Consultant in VS
Bankwezen, 2-10 werknemers

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

5 4 weken geleden New

Comments: Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Pros:

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Cons:

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

Michael B.
Training Manager in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

SmartSheet is a robust cloud-based project management system

4 4 weken geleden New

Comments: We have been able to bring huge teams together with so much more ease by using SmartSheet. People of all skill sets can leverage the tracking tools available, making it easy for any PM to track their project(s).

Pros:

Easy to integrate, just log in and go. It's so easy that anyone can use the system - not much training is required. SmartSheet's online community of job aids, training items, etc. is fantastic and robust - and gets you through every issue from small to advanced, if needed - and if not, you can reach out to a wonderful support team. This product brings together all your team members, especially in this remote Covid-19 world. You'll love using SmartSheet - it's SO much better than desktop-based PM solutions.

Cons:

There is a learning curve due to the fact there are slight differences in using SmartSheet vs. what you might be used to already. But, that's really it - there are some things it just can't do - and other things that require a lot of setup and tweaking - but they're worth it - if you have the right project for it!

Mike B.
Mike B.
Project Success Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Empowering Your Employees to Challenge Orthodoxy

5 vorige maand New

Comments: Empowering my employees to think outside the box and challenge the orthodoxy of typical management cycles. Smartsheet has provided the ability for them to think about Lean practices but also the value that can be created through culture change paired with a powerful "no-code" enterprise.

Pros:

Flexibility and scalability. Providing the basics of foundational digitization to utilize any way you can think of. The fact that all the data is live and the information is current, there is no "reports" there is only real results.

Cons:

Furthering the ability to create customer portals for outside users while still protecting the integrity of the source data.

Will P.
Will P.
project manager in VS

Long Time User - Construction Management

5 2 maanden geleden

Comments: I have been using smart sheets for over 8 years in multiple company's each with different needs, each time I transition to a new company I try an implement smart sheets to help organize the company. Every time I have left a company they have continued to utilize Smartsheet's. Smartsheet's is a very powerful tool that can be utilized and maintained very easily and cost effectively.

Pros:

The biggest feature I liked about smart sheets is the capability to be completely designed to the users strategy.

Cons:

The that i like the least about this software, is the calendar feature needing ability to pull multiple dates for a single project.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project, B2W Estimate, PASKR, Procore en BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: customizability, use for various functions, cost

Lidiya S.
CI Engineer in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

One Stop Shop

4 2 maanden geleden

Comments: We solved many problems with Smartsheet:
- running an entire employee to executive program and tracking team progress/rewards
- daily dashboarding for a snapshot view of the manufacturing plant
- gave power to the shop floor using simple forms and workflows to start addressing problems immediately and having a record of occurances

Pros:

Easy to Use Gives you the freedom to try out new processes and deploy quickly Low Code! Automated workflows

Cons:

Lacks some features in terms of multiple job scheduling, collecting data from ERP sources, sending data. Sometimes cumbersome and slow when you have a multiple functions in one sheet. Has been getting slower as we implement more ideas.

Alternatives Considered: Slack, Trello, Jira Workflow Steps for Slack en monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: Great support for implementation, simple to use with tons of resources online

Nadia S.
Nadia S.
Student Recruitment Officer in Canada
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great project management tool

5 2 maanden geleden

Pros:

Very easy to use project management tool. Great for collaboration, managing timelines, and event planning.

Cons:

Found the tool very useful and easy to use. Could expand a bit further on ways to integrate keeping people on task, but overall great tool.

Omar O.
Director of IT in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Smartsheets for everyday management

5 7 dagen geleden New

Comments: To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros:

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons:

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Alternatives Considered: Clarity Software, monday.com en Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Switched From: Microsoft Project en Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality

Shannon Y.
Project Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 501-1.000 werknemers

Smartsheet is like Excel & PowerPoint had a child

4 vorige maand New

Pros:

Smartsheet is a great option for middle of the road users that don't need the powerhouse complexity of excel, but need more standardization and features to organize tasks than simple task management like Trello. Its user friendly and has the capability to move data from one team to another through automations, reports, messaging, and data display. The more users, the data, or the moving parts the more difficult Smartsheet is to use, but in my experience most people don't run into those complexities.

Cons:

Smartsheet is new compared to a lot of other project management software and they're developing new features all the time. In some ways this is wonderful because they take customer feedback seriously and implement changes relatively quickly. However, I feel that it doesn't quite know what its going to be yet and there are limitations around data display that require time consuming work arounds or out of the box thinking. For example. I can aggregate data into a report but I can't display portions of a report on a dashboard in a chart. There are pivot table add ons that are not as simple as say an excel pivot so I essentially have to make my own pivot using formulas to chart data. It works, but its round-about and features that might improve this process are extra.

Erika M.
Director of Digital Product Development in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

I chose this and love it

5 2 maanden geleden New

Pros:

The ability to share sheets and collaborate is absolutely essential between myself and my teams. I like that all of the Smartsheets that I have access to can be organized into folders for easy retrieval and love the ability to pin sheets or go to the most recently accessed to be able to easily find the one I'm looking for. They also often introduce new features, which is great. Also, the automation tools, like the ability to notify someone when a row or field changes, is absolutely key with the way we do business to ensure that everyone is always on the same page.

Cons:

This is nit-picky, but I do not like setting up rules for a sheet, and then the email that is sent to people looks like it is sent from "me." I would rather have the email come from Smartsheet instead my email address because in many cases I set up the rules for others and it appears that I am emailing them about it but that is not the case.

Derek W.
Project Manager in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Smartsheet: The only reason I have time for vacation

5 2 maanden geleden

Comments: We have solved a plethora of project schedule tracking needs, paired with a system to house our files and notes with a meaningful and useful structure. I use Smartsheet for a 1000 different reasons, and hope that new tools and features keep getting added to my toolbox.

Pros:

My favorite tool in Smartsheet would have to be a combination use of automated reminders, overdue milestone reports, assigning staff to tasks, and running detailed reports to check on my team's current progress. Paired with cross sheet cell linking, index/match where needed, and Datamesh when running large scale reporting when conditional formatting may be needed is a bundle of brilliance. Simply a great batch of tools for the job.

Cons:

No file renaming option. Limited sheet summary report functionality. Limited batch update tools to revise and align current project sheets. Lack of permission settings without additional purchased feature packages.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: After reviewing the functionality of Smartsheet and the tools it had to offer, we quickly realized that we were missing out on this toolset and Smartsheet could automate the repetitive tasks that our humans were completing. Now we have freed up the extra time needed to allow our current staff to problem solve, rather than spending the day stuck in repetitional tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: MS Project simply does not have all of the tools needed for success. Smartsheet captures all of the vital points that MSP has to offer and pairs it with real time linking and much more.

Jonathan B.
Preconstruction Manager in VS

Smartsheet for Homebuilding company

5 2 maanden geleden

Comments: Customer service is really amazing.

Pros:

I love the ability to create tasks and basically create as many filters as I want/need. The new dashboard feature is really nice. I use it for our design requests, precon schedule and we are currently working on using it in our construction schedule. Some slight bugs and limitations but overall working well.

Cons:

The calendar apps is just awful. Don't recommend using it. Very limited ability. I wish they would just make tweak the calendar view slightly. Need the ability to show multi columns on calendar date. Also would be nice to display calendar view on a dashboard without publishing it. That on works horribly on the mobile version. We have a lot of field guys and the mobile version is not the best for viewing stuff.

Nick A.
Nick A.
Managing Director in VK
Meubels, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

5 3 maanden geleden

Comments: Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pros:

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Cons:

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes: - Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to - Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Michaela F.
Creator & Educator in Tsjechië
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Software That Helps Me Create

5 4 maanden geleden

Pros:

I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

Cons:

I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.

Megan B.
Supervisor, Medical Device Engineering in VS
Medische apparatuur, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Really great product from a really great company

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: Smartsheet has been a really great company to work with overall. The customer service team is absolutely wonderful. They're super attentive and very knowledgeable. The training resources that Smartsheet provides are also exceptional. Any time I'm trying to figure out something new, it's very easy to find training materials on how to do it and they're very clear and easy to follow. We've been able to make a huge improvement in how we organize and communicate a lot of our work in our department specifically and across the business because of Smartsheet.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to collaborate and share information with Smartsheet. With the different permission levels and how easy it was to get our whole company set up with Smartsheet, it has made so much of our project work so much easier and has enabled us to keep all relevant teams, and even just interested parties, up to speed on all that we have going on.

Cons:

The one feature that I do wish would be added would be a visual timeline feature like MSP has. A lot of times our executive management team would like to see a simplified timeline with key milestones, but in order to do that with Smartsheet, we have to transfer things into PPT Timeline, which isn't impossible, it's just an added step that is a little inconvenient.

Jason B.
Appraisal Supervisor in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Smartsheet 2 Year Review

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: Overall this has been a great program to use. With constrained budgets to work with, this offers tremendous bang for the buck. It is not very difficult for savvy users to become highly proficient with this product and develop organic business solutions.

Pros:

This product has revolutionized the way I manage my team. I am able to use Smartsheet to track many different projects and annual work goals for my team. My staff appreciate the increased autonomy Smartsheet has brought to us. Their goals and metrics are clear and they feel more ownership over their work. Other teams have started to use Smartsheet for their own business purposes and this is making its way through the organization.

Cons:

Some of the drawbacks about Smartsheet that makes it hard for our Data and Development Analysts to implement include the inability to paste a large number of rows into a grid. Our IT requirements also include having a test and development environment for the analysts to use and Smartsheet doesn't seem to have this. As a supervisor I would also appreciate it if the dashboard charts could be a little more Smart and pull data more dynamically from the source grids without me having to make manual adjustments. My colleagues would also like to see more ability to schedule blocks of time with the calendar integration like we do with Google Calendar. There is a workaround for this, but it isn't palatable for everyone.

Renee W.
Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

Smartsheet for the win

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Pros:

Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help. I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Cons:

Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

Candace G.
Project Manager in Australië
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Great tool for project management

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: Collaboration during projects is key to our business. Smartsheet has helped us centralise our project documentation into one central repository and ensure that we have artifacts for each project we complete.

Pros:

My company uses Smartsheet to manage projects. We are a software implementation consulting service working with clients (remotely) and collaboration and instant updates to shared project plans, action items lists and contact information is important to ensure the successful management and completion of a project. The reports and widget functions make dashboard reporting easier and more efficient. The ability to export to Excel or Microsoft Projects means that we can collaborate easily with clients who use other tools within their organisation. The notification functionality is great as well, whether it's getting notified of a change on a sheet, or notified that something has been assigned to you.

Cons:

I would like to be able to copy directly from Smartsheet into Word, PowerPoint or Outlook (in table format) rather than having to copy into Excel, then copying from Excel to another program to get a table. It's a small thing, but frustrating when all you want to do is copy a portion of a project plan or action list into an email and it comes out as text instead of formatted as a table. :-( I would also like to be able to display the Gantt chart in different formats for use in presentations and documentation. The standard Gantt chart view is fine, but it would be nice to be able to change colours, font or even the width of the bars to make it more appealing in presentations.

Lachlan S.
IT Project Coordinator in Australië
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers

SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses

5 7 maanden geleden

Comments: Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

Pros:

SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

Cons:

The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

Alternatives Considered: Asana en monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: SmartSheet is so much more cost effective based on the number of features and how well it can be tailored to any company.

Alasdair D.
CFO in VK
Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers

Excel on speed

4 10 maanden geleden

Comments: I have a running joke with my colleagues that goes along the lines of "have I told you how much I love smartsheet?" This is generally when I have discovered a new wow feature - e.g. the ability to lock in column formulae. They smile and say "yes you have mentioned it"

Pros:

It's core infrastructure is very easy to understand. As an accountant I saw a spreadsheet like thing and shouted hurrah I get this. Then I realised that was just a beginning but a beginning that was good because it hooked me. Then I started to get that there are forms and the spreadsheets are really databases in disguise from which you can easily produce reports with no programming skills needed (other than those I knew anyway). Then there are dashboards that you can configure to your own requirements. I particularly love that you can change information on the reports and it changes on the underlying spreadsheets (databases). For one business I worked for I changed what had been a daily and weekend nightmare for the owner into an automated process that took half an hour. Literally life changing for him.

Cons:

It's strength is it's weakness. Like a spreadsheet it can be too flexible which can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Other software has guardrails, this doesn't. If you take care it's fine but you can find yourself changing something and it having knock on effects. It's not that the underlying data is compromised by this but the reporting can be. For example if you change the name of a database column the reports won't be able to find it again which means that on the reports and dashboards you find a blank where there should be data. So take care, but if you do, it's magic!

Cory B.
Sr. Project Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects

4 vorig jaar

Comments: Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pros:

Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Cons:

I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project en Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Salesforce functionality relies on two (negative) criteria: 1) you track everything related to the project within Salesforce; 2) to track everything, you have to purchase access to modules that would otherwise be unnecessary.

Switched From: Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: The ROI was greater with Smartsheet.

Maarten D.
Maarten D.
Operations Assistant in VS
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

5 vorig jaar

Comments: I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros:

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons:

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)