Gemiddelde scores

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,3 /5

Over Smartsheet

Smartsheet is een online platform voor de uitvoering van werk dat organisaties van elke omvang in staat stelt om werk te plannen, te beheren, te automatiseren en erover te rapporteren.

Meer informatie over Smartsheet

1.745 reviews worden weergegeven

Cecilia G.
Marketinh Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"Awesome software"

Opmerkingen: I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

Pluspunten: -easy to use and costumize
-more than one user can modify simultaneously
-you can add your company's logo
-you can set group and individual reminders
- Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified.
-different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

Minpunten: - not all reminders can be set with time to remind
- can't add a conditional formatting based on time
- if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Melanie C.
Sr. Supervisor, HIT Business Operations
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Versatile and Powerful Tool"

Opmerkingen: My company was already using Smartsheet for basic task tracking when I started. Upon discovering how we could use dashboards, our utilization took off! We have now designed solutions for departments company-wide, improving management's visibility to workloads and processes. It's impressive how many problems Smartsheet has been able to solve.

Pluspunten: - Ease of Use - No need to involve programmers to create custom solutions
- Versatility - customizable sheets and dashboards for different departments and needs
- Support - AMAZING user forum, help pages, support department

Minpunten: Row and cell link limitations - I bump up against the cell link limitations often, although I can work around them by saving my metrics into multiple sheets.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Carissa J.
Director Enrollment
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"Very robust collaboration tool"

Opmerkingen: We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Pluspunten: Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Minpunten: One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Kirstine L.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020

"Great software to create a bespoke solution"

Opmerkingen: I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income. They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier. Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pluspunten: I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request. There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

Minpunten: There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software. I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

James C.
Commercial Manager
Sport, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020

"A bit un-human and cheeky"

Opmerkingen: Disconnected - we use InfusionSoft and despite the software being hard to use sometimes and changes happen constantly, they have mitigated risk of leaving by investing in human contact and support. I posted something to the Smartsheet community and hear nothing.

Pluspunten: Collaboration
Action features
How to tutorials/onboarding is good
Webforms

Minpunten: Lack of a chat support system or ticketing system
The upsell on functions - have free collaborators now having to pay to do things they could of done prior even though they had been using the system for years. Understand if certain features are now paid to commercialise the product, however I think it is unfair to penalise historic users. If you looked at a micro level with us you will see a 200% growth in our subscription over its lifetime and I feel this short term and automated upsell could and has damaged perceptions of the overall product. 18 months ago I would of been a 10 regarding recommedations and now it is less.

Andrea W.
Director of Programs
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-7-2020

"Best thing since sliced bread"

Opmerkingen: This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

Pluspunten: The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

Minpunten: I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

Kristie S.
IT Business Manager
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-7-2020

"Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!"

Opmerkingen: I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Pluspunten: My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Minpunten: I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for. I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Kat W.
Business Process Engineer
Marketing en reclame, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-7-2020

"Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!"

Opmerkingen: I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap. With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pluspunten: There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Minpunten: Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers. My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

Maarten D.
Operations Assistant
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-7-2020

"A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy"

Opmerkingen: I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pluspunten: SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Minpunten: The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Cory B.
Sr. Project Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-7-2020

"Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects"

Opmerkingen: Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pluspunten: Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Minpunten: I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Alasdair D.
CFO
Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020

"Excel on speed"

Opmerkingen: I have a running joke with my colleagues that goes along the lines of "have I told you how much I love smartsheet?" This is generally when I have discovered a new wow feature - e.g. the ability to lock in column formulae. They smile and say "yes you have mentioned it"

Pluspunten: It's core infrastructure is very easy to understand. As an accountant I saw a spreadsheet like thing and shouted hurrah I get this. Then I realised that was just a beginning but a beginning that was good because it hooked me. Then I started to get that there are forms and the spreadsheets are really databases in disguise from which you can easily produce reports with no programming skills needed (other than those I knew anyway). Then there are dashboards that you can configure to your own requirements. I particularly love that you can change information on the reports and it changes on the underlying spreadsheets (databases). For one business I worked for I changed what had been a daily and weekend nightmare for the owner into an automated process that took half an hour. Literally life changing for him.

Minpunten: It's strength is it's weakness. Like a spreadsheet it can be too flexible which can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Other software has guardrails, this doesn't. If you take care it's fine but you can find yourself changing something and it having knock on effects. It's not that the underlying data is compromised by this but the reporting can be. For example if you change the name of a database column the reports won't be able to find it again which means that on the reports and dashboards you find a blank where there should be data. So take care, but if you do, it's magic!

• Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020
Candace G.
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2021

"Great tool for project management"

Opmerkingen: Collaboration during projects is key to our business. Smartsheet has helped us centralise our project documentation into one central repository and ensure that we have artifacts for each project we complete.

Pluspunten: My company uses Smartsheet to manage projects. We are a software implementation consulting service working with clients (remotely) and collaboration and instant updates to shared project plans, action items lists and contact information is important to ensure the successful management and completion of a project. The reports and widget functions make dashboard reporting easier and more efficient. The ability to export to Excel or Microsoft Projects means that we can collaborate easily with clients who use other tools within their organisation. The notification functionality is great as well, whether it's getting notified of a change on a sheet, or notified that something has been assigned to you.

Minpunten: I would like to be able to copy directly from Smartsheet into Word, PowerPoint or Outlook (in table format) rather than having to copy into Excel, then copying from Excel to another program to get a table. It's a small thing, but frustrating when all you want to do is copy a portion of a project plan or action list into an email and it comes out as text instead of formatted as a table. :-( I would also like to be able to display the Gantt chart in different formats for use in presentations and documentation. The standard Gantt chart view is fine, but it would be nice to be able to change colours, font or even the width of the bars to make it more appealing in presentations.

Jason B.
Appraisal Supervisor
Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021

"Smartsheet 2 Year Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall this has been a great program to use. With constrained budgets to work with, this offers tremendous bang for the buck. It is not very difficult for savvy users to become highly proficient with this product and develop organic business solutions.

Pluspunten: This product has revolutionized the way I manage my team. I am able to use Smartsheet to track many different projects and annual work goals for my team. My staff appreciate the increased autonomy Smartsheet has brought to us. Their goals and metrics are clear and they feel more ownership over their work. Other teams have started to use Smartsheet for their own business purposes and this is making its way through the organization.

Minpunten: Some of the drawbacks about Smartsheet that makes it hard for our Data and Development Analysts to implement include the inability to paste a large number of rows into a grid. Our IT requirements also include having a test and development environment for the analysts to use and Smartsheet doesn't seem to have this. As a supervisor I would also appreciate it if the dashboard charts could be a little more Smart and pull data more dynamically from the source grids without me having to make manual adjustments. My colleagues would also like to see more ability to schedule blocks of time with the calendar integration like we do with Google Calendar. There is a workaround for this, but it isn't palatable for everyone.

Michaela F.
Creator & Educator
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-7-2021

"The Software That Helps Me Create"

Pluspunten: I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

Minpunten: I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.

• Beoordeeld op 7-7-2021
Nick A.
Managing Director
Meubels, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2021

"A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae"

Opmerkingen: Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pluspunten: Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Minpunten: Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2021
Head of Client Partnerships
Werving en selectie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-6-2021

"Smartsheet for shared client collaboration"

Opmerkingen: Smartsheet has been easy to implement and use and has been well received by our client. We're happy and considering expanding to other clients.

Pluspunten: We use Smartsheet as a substitute for Google sheets with clients who are not able to use google drive for security reasons. Smartsheet is easy to set up, reasonable cost for a small team, and offers a nice interface for client-facing projects.

Minpunten: Still learning the ins and outs of Smartsheet, but so far do not have any major issues with our use-case. We are using it for a fairly tailored/niche purpose so I haven't explored it's full range. I'm curious to see the reporting capability.

• Beoordeeld op 24-6-2021
Lenoy C.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-6-2021

"Smartsheet is straightforward and intuitive"

Opmerkingen: The program is extremely adaptable, allowing it to be used for everything from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and documenting closeout needs. The automated possibilities, as well as the display variations and accessibility through a variety of device types and input modalities, provide meaningful, clear, and up-to-date information to a wide range of users.

Pluspunten: It is simple, intuitive, and simple to use. Some similar use case software I've used in the past had an excessive number of features that made it difficult to use. This one gave me what I needed without overburdening me in a way that detracted from the product's primary goal of increasing efficiency.

Minpunten: Other bigger organizational investments, such as in the Office suite, or even using Google Sheets for the same purpose, are likely to render the product obsolete. I didn't see a clear value proposition that was distinctive.

• Beoordeeld op 10-6-2021
Ben H.
Consultant
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

"Fantastic Tool for Project & Task Management"

Opmerkingen: Smartsheet has been a very useful tool across the board for consulting and project management work

Pluspunten: Intuitive and fit for use given the industry and specific use cases

Minpunten: A bit difficult to collaborate directly in the system - i.e. mentions and comments

• Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021
Ivette R.
Opperations Manager
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2021

"Work In Progress tracker."

Opmerkingen: good to track projects, leave communication and handover on vatation. Difficulty to filter and see what you really want to see.

Pluspunten: That most of the project information is downloaded directly from our company software, we just have to fill some columns to have a complete report

Minpunten: The filters are not easy or fast to use.

Lachlan S.
IT Project Coordinator
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021

"SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses"

Opmerkingen: Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

Pluspunten: SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

Minpunten: The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

• Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021
Megan B.
Supervisor, Medical Device Engineering
Medische apparatuur, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021

"Really great product from a really great company"

Opmerkingen: Smartsheet has been a really great company to work with overall. The customer service team is absolutely wonderful. They're super attentive and very knowledgeable. The training resources that Smartsheet provides are also exceptional. Any time I'm trying to figure out something new, it's very easy to find training materials on how to do it and they're very clear and easy to follow. We've been able to make a huge improvement in how we organize and communicate a lot of our work in our department specifically and across the business because of Smartsheet.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to collaborate and share information with Smartsheet. With the different permission levels and how easy it was to get our whole company set up with Smartsheet, it has made so much of our project work so much easier and has enabled us to keep all relevant teams, and even just interested parties, up to speed on all that we have going on.

Minpunten: The one feature that I do wish would be added would be a visual timeline feature like MSP has. A lot of times our executive management team would like to see a simplified timeline with key milestones, but in order to do that with Smartsheet, we have to transfer things into PPT Timeline, which isn't impossible, it's just an added step that is a little inconvenient.

Renee W.
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

"Smartsheet for the win"

Opmerkingen: The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Pluspunten: Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help. I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Minpunten: Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

Patrick H.
Procurement
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-12-2020

"Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts"

Opmerkingen: While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Pluspunten: Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Minpunten: The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available.
Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful.
Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited.
Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow.
Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

• Beoordeeld op 15-12-2020
Aaron R.
Director, Business Solutions & IT
Groothandel, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

"Good For Value, Limits in Scale"

Opmerkingen: Generally a good experience. Trouble only came when trying to do more advanced data analysis, and workflows.

Pluspunten: Very good with basic project management features. Kanban is great, and you can view data multiple ways (kanban, gantt, table). The workspaces tool is cool, it's a good way to organize reports and data. Reports are great for showing users only the data they need, and keeps them out of source data tables. There is also good cross sheet functions like you would see in excel. Smartsheet is also one of the most widely available tools to be integrated with. Tools like Zapier make it easy to integrate with, and you can also upgrade to a live data connector to visualize your data in a tool like tableau.

Minpunten: Features can be way behind. They just introduced features like pivot, and group to analyze data. Their internal workflow tools are behind what's commonly available in the marketplace. And if you want to use a separate workflow tool like Zapier, you will pay to use it. Their row limit just went up from 5,000 to 20,000 in a sheet in 2020, which was always a limit of how much we could scale the tool.

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021
Megan C.
Producer, Owner
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-7-2021

"Critical in daily management"

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pluspunten: This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Minpunten: I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

• Beoordeeld op 9-7-2021