Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Tableau

Als de vertrouwde leider op het gebied van analyse, helpt Tableau mensen en organisaties meer datagestuurd te werk te gaan.

Meer informatie over Tableau

The Error messaging is ambiguous sometimes. There is also limited crosstabs which I don't like.

Beoordelingen van Tableau

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Tableau heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.244 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Tableau eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.244)

Gaurav
Gaurav
Program Director
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The easiest tool for Dataviz

4,0 4 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Diego
Diego
Real estate agent in Peru
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Analysis of various types of data for performance improvement

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The ease of use of this software is advantageous with respect to real estate, as it allows for the analysis of price trends, occupancy rates by zones, yields and much more. This has allowed us to obtain a greater economic benefit.

The best thing about Tableau is its limits, as it adapts to the needs of the organization. From small to large, the limits depend on the organization, not the software. And also the way the data is visualized is easy to understand.

While it can work with any type of data, it becomes optimal when working with structured data, so you must have staff capable of structuring the data into rows and columns or you will not be able to take full advantage of the software.

Sara
Sr Development Mgr in VS
Musea en instituten, 11-50 werknemers

I can see our status on multiple fronts so clearly!!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love it's capabilities. Wish it was easier for me to manipulate. I have to rely on a couple team members who are way more experienced in it than I am to create anything new.

Great visualization capabilities helps me see how I am doing compared to this year's goals on multiple objectives and how we are doing year over year...without having to manipulate the raw data on my own. Being able to have Tableau refresh the data source with the most recent info each time I open the dashboard is so important!

Takes awhile and a lot of practice to understand how to set up the worksheets so they answer the questions you are looking to answer. Dashboards are more so.

Amber
Account Executive in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Not very good product for sales development

2,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I like the possibility of all the features.

It is very slow and inaccurate at the most critical times. Really disappointing.

Andres Ernesto
Andres Ernesto
Developer-Data specialist in Peru
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

My opinion

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience is average, before I used it more often, however, I use it less and less nowadays

high support, tools, ease of integration and great community

I have presented slowness with the tool and there are also other attractive options on the market, both in usefulness and price

Consumentengoederen, 10.000+ werknemers

Best data tool for visualization and reporting

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've been using Tableau for 9 years and I've tested other multiple options and no one like Tableau. If you put all pros and cons, Tableau always win!

Ease of use. Learning curve. Multiple options for visualizations. Can be used from beginners to experts.

When your organization needs to have multiple users connected in real time, If data source is using live connections, the user experience could be bad.

Zsolt
Zsolt
Owner in Hongarije
Horeca, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Complex but great data visualization tool

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

I like the endless possibility of working with the raw data sets and making them easy-to-understand charts.

The system is a bit slow if you handle a large data set. Also, it is very complex, so it takes a lot of time to learn how to use it best.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Great visual and data collection software

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I enjoy using tableau and the variety of options it has

How efficient and easy to use the application is

Can be more user intuitive at first but easy to catch on

JORGE
COO in Saoedi-Arabië
Entertainment, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Tableau helps our strategy

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Tableau really help us to review and analize the vast data we have

The only downside we see is the heavy weight of the documents

Anthony
HRBP in VS
Human Resources, 10.000+ werknemers

Tableau Review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great experience with tableau. The data extraction and capabilities it provides enhances the conversation with my clients and senior leaders.

I like how easy it is to extract data to remove notable data points about vacancy rates and demographic information of our workforce.

Nothing negative to add on tableau. It is a great product

Tungeti
job seeker in India
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Review on Tableau

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Easy to analyse and visualize large amount of data.

quick and advanced visualizations and dashboards. More productive.

Need to have basic knowledge before using it, and also bit expensive to buy it.

Andres
Project manager in Mexico
Voedselproductie, 10.000+ werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A very intuitive business intelligence tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using it while I was making my MBA and I was amazed at the easy of use and the possibility to make chart in a very powerful way beyond excel. Later on, when I was asked to do some complex representation of many parameters, Tableau has been the best and easiest option, beyond other 3 options I have tried from major sellers

- Very intuitive way o assemble data, no need for programming or special commands - Easily change data from numeric to alphanumeric - The most common and useful charts are available - Easy to breakdown data into several clusters - I once plotted 6 parameters in a 2 dimensional chart: X, Y, bubble size, color, name, icon - You can build special read-only docs with the functionality to be read by Tableu Reader (as in acrobat reader) - You can customize label, axis, trend and references lines

- Eventually some very specific charts are not there as chord, tornado, tree maps, nodes, gauges, alluvial diagram, dendograms - Even with all the clustering, it lacks statistical analysis as Anova, hypothesis test between two set of data, normal probability plot

Thomas
Sr Director, Information Services in VS
Mediaproductie, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A premium option at a premium price point

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Tableau is a great BI/Visualization tool where the only limitations are what your team can do with it. The platform itself has every bell and whistle you could want and provides a ton of customization for various use cases.
The challenge arises when moving to the logistical management of the platform, specifically around access, user education and price. While it might be great for individual organizations, our use case of deploying dashboards to hundreds of clients just isn’t what Tableau was built for.
If you have the right use case and team to support it, it’s a fantastic option. But if you’re lacking in those areas (or perhaps want a tool with more automatic BI/AI capabilities), there’s likely a better option for your organization.

There is a reason that Tableau is synonymous with data visualization tools to many people and organizations. It’s a premium product that can do pretty much whatever you want it to. Tableau’s features are limitless and with the proper resources to maintain and deploy it, you’ll rarely identify capabilities that it doesn’t have. It is truly a BI tool that enables your team to overcome any obstacle they face. I specifically enjoyed some of the advanced visualization capabilities of Tableau that more “basic” tools don’t offer. The time series visualizations are easy to configure and are always a crowd favorite. The ability to deploy on-premise or in the cloud means that organizations can configure to their preference. All in all, it is an incredibly powerful tool that leaves very few stones unturned.

The three biggest drawbacks to our organization continuing with Tableau were ease of use, cost scalability and functional scalability. Tableau is not the tool for organizations that lack technical resources. It’s not as “plug and play” as other options on the market and requires significant training of architects to fully take advantage of all its capabilities. Tableau also isn’t the ideal solution if price is an obstacle in your organization. Frankly, it ain’t cheap. Depending on your desired level of investment and the number of users you’ll need, it can run the tab up quickly. Additionally, user management in Tableau itself isn’t an issue, but deployment presents its challenges. Other options on the market are much easier to introduce users to (here’s your login, go to this URL and boom, you’re good to go) whereas Tableau requires more configuration. This is dependent on which Tableau version you utilize, but there are efforts involved in scaling the platform.

Sergio
sales officer in Trinidad en Tobago
Verzekeringen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great for dashboards, but training is required

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I generally use tableau to show sales data on dashboards to executives. Overall experience is great now that I have enough skill to operate and manipulate the data to generate what I want.

I like that you can merge different data sources to generate new views of data. for example, overlay a census report above your sales data and have a demographic profile of sales for the country. Also the hundred different graphs and charts to choose from. this scores me high points with the executives when I show them a fancy graphic in meetings.

We had some trouble with tableau speaking to our servers and applications which took longer that we wanted before we could start using live data to run reports. You must clean your data before you upload to tableau. the data scrubbing system on tableau needs work. This makes it difficult when using live data. I usually just use and extract, clean and upload.

E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Finally, Reporting Made Easy!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very glad to be using Tableau for reporting. It really helps my team and I see and understand the reports easily so that we can focus on analyzing. The automatic updates and the ability to turn certain filters on and off have been a big game changer for us. If you're looking for a better way to visualize your data, I recommend looking into Tableau.

Tableau seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and allows us to create beautiful reports and dashboards. Prior to this, we relied on Salesforce for all reporting and we found it pretty limiting or difficult to set-up. With Tableau, it's been very easy to see all of our reports in one place. I love that you can toggle on certain filters too to change the dashboards easily rather than having to edit the whole thing. We also have ours set to auto refresh daily, which saves us time. I always found that refreshing my reports or dashboards on Salesforce took some time, but with Tableau this process has been sped up.

I have yet to encounter any difficulties with this software. The process has been pretty smooth so far.

Informatiediensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Very comprehensive and all-inclusive solution

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The ability to build dashboards that capture data that originate from sources so that it can be compiled in reports and dashboards that are used to analyze performance data of digital marketing campaigns.

The ability to create and visualize sets of data in a number of different ways, and tailor it to your liking something very powerful about the tool that really stands out. Having one set of data and being able to visualize and paint of a picture of that data in two different ways side by side in one dashboard really stands out for me.

The time it has taken to get in touch with customer support at times when there are urgent issues has been a frustration and has prevented our team from being able to troubleshoot a few different technical product issues in a timely manner.

Janosch
Janosch
Human Resources Consultant in Duitsland
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

The future of Big Data visualisation and processing

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It took me some time to understand the scope and approach of Tableau. During this time i was confused and sometimes frustrated as It was hard to get static reports out of tableau. Once however I understood the magic behind it (well actually it wasn't Tableaus fault, but just me being stubborn) a whole new world of analyzing data opened up. A Magnificent, splendid, dynamic and playful way of getting answers from data and a completely new way of thinking questions to ask from my data. If you do not have to create static reports which you want to mail daily to a bunch of people but want to explre the secrets your data holds This is THE tool. Definite recommendation.

Tableau is centered around you as a user asking questions to your data. It is as simple as that and it works in ways not imagined before. Via graphical user antierface and drag and drop you combine aspects of your data and visualize relations. The coolest thing is that Tableau supports you without pushing or distracting. The process is emergent and makes it possible to walk the line from coherence to causality and have fun along the way. The End results look great and can be reformated by a couple of clicks in order to shift perspective or look from a different angle or with a different point of interest towards your findings. Tableu picks you up where you are and you can run it as SAAS or on premise, depending on your preferences. Also the API is simple and powerful, making the integration as a dedicated reporting and statistcs module, or more precise data visualisation playground to your existing product easy and convenient. By doing so you can add tableaus product-versatility, ease of use and beauty to a product and participate from its user friendly and open aproach to data analysis.

The licensing was a bit of a hassle as we started in the early days of tableau. Also Sales were very eager and pretty actively tried to support us. This never was a bad thing, just a bit too much. Also Tableau introduced support for document based databases rather later than earlier so we had a slight wait there. Then again, every time the did include a feature it was just bug free and worked like a charm so this was allright as well. Two things are especially important when evaluating Tableau, from my point of view: The data you whish to process with it must adhere to a minimal standard (or you will have to do a lot of conversion before you can enjoy it within tableau). So older datasources might become somewhat bothersome or at least require a preprocessing step. Most important is that you understand what tableau is for: You will have a great time when dynamically and actively exploring data, even rapidly changing data or real time streams. If you use a tool for creating static reports you waste the potential of this great piece of human engineering and might run into issues.

Shane
Paid Media Manager in Zuid-Afrika
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Tableau Recommendation

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Tableau allows complex data to be simplified by visualizing it. We can take a complicated digital marketing budget daily task and implement it via Tableau user dashboards etc. This will then open possibilities to automating specific processes that are a part of the whole task. Another point in my experience - we can totally use Tableau to create a dashboard that allows non-technical stakeholders to understand technical data via dashboards.

- Amazing data visualization capabilities - Tableau can comfortably handle large amounts of data. A million rows of data can be visualized without affecting the overall performance of the dashboard - Dashboards can be built interactively using the drag & drop function - It runs effectively and efficiently across different devices & -

- There seems to be no schedule or automatic refresh functionality - There is no custom visual import option available - Scaling may cause potential high costs if the organization is huge

Goma
Marketing Manager in Nepal
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Tableau Through My Eyes

5,0 9 maanden geleden

The wide range of chart types, maps, and graphs allows me to present complex information in a visually appealing and understandable way. The intuitive drag-and-drop interface empowers me to create stunning visualizations without needing to rely on extensive coding or technical expertise. One standout feature of Tableau is its interactive dashboards. I can consolidate multiple visualizations and key metrics into a single, dynamic view. Being able to explore and interact with the data directly on the dashboard, applying filters, and drilling down into specific details, provides me with a comprehensive understanding of trends and patterns. The level of interactivity offered by Tableau truly engages my curiosity and helps me uncover insights that would have otherwise remained hidden.

While Tableau offers an array of powerful features, there is a slight learning curve involved in mastering its advanced functionalities. As a beginner, I found myself needing to invest time in understanding the intricacies of certain features, such as statistical analysis and forecasting. Although Tableau provides resources and a supportive community, a more user-friendly onboarding experience or interactive tutorials would have been beneficial.

Raghavendar
Sr. BI Consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

On the fly BI tool with rich visualizations and Dashboard features

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We used Tableau for Visualization BI apart from having Business Objects for reporting. We have created a story for a given subject with all the related information to present to the user. It gives a quick glance on what is happening on the sales of drug for a pharma company that I worked. Migration from non-prod to prod is very easy (unlike other BI tools). Cost of the project reduces a lot with Tableau for BI projects

Tableau has changed the BI world a lot. It has brought in a software, using with business user can create dashboard & reports on the fly and can check what is there inside. It allows the user to read through the data and derive the insights without much technical analysis. First it can connect to any database (I know about 44 database it connects) and you can set the data, slice the data needed for current analysis and then you can do quick reporting. It provide multiple features, like different charts, graphs and tables and mathematical and statistical functions for analysis. Once you have create multiple visuals you can put them onto one dashboard or multiple dashboards into a story and present the same to business

Even though it has rich features but it can support the Enterprise BI needs like business object or Cognos does. It does not provide all the feature for E L T (extraction, load and transform) which requires complex transactions. As data gets huge the graphs and charts become unreadable. also, this software is more useful to the business user for personal purpose than company wide reporting etc. The administration part of it needs a lot.

Cassidy
Consulting Team Lead in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

The best data analysis and visualization tool ever reviewed

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Tableau has slashed the time it takes to connect to data sources, run sophisticated analyses, and design insightful visualizations for use across the company. Our company's decision-making is aided by the fact that it integrates a plethora of tools for efficiently exploring, analyzing, and visualizing massive datasets. It has worked wonderfully with my company, and we couldn't be happier with the outcomes. Data experts and analytics teams seeking a robust yet user-friendly BI solution will find it an ideal alternative.

Tableau is a robust and intuitive program for analyzing and visualizing data. The easy-to-navigate interface facilitates rapid data exploration and analysis. I like how quickly and easily it allows me to integrate and analyze massive amounts of data from many sources, all while making visually appealing and insightful visualizations. It also incorporates sophisticated analytics tools like complicated aggregations and predictive models. Users may find answers fast because of Tableau's broad online community and resources. The implementation of Tableau within my company has been smooth sailing.

Tableau can be pricey, especially for startups or single users, and there is a learning curve to getting the most out of all its advanced features and capabilities.

MANAS
Senior Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Data Analysis has become effective with tableau, its a analysis with computation tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Tableau is a great tool , its designed for complex data analysis, it works wonderfully , especially with databases as datasource

Tableau is a great tool for analysing data, unlike XL sheets the data is stored and we can analyse only the stored data, in tableau data can reside any ware it can be in any database or even in files , we can analyse them, (it supports many type of data sources), the data source can even be a complex query and can join multiple sources in different ways, Tableau can compute the data further for analysis, data is segregated into dimension and values and this value can be computing , assume it as in xl sheet there a cell value can be computation of other and this chain can continue, Can add interactive filters in the analysis screen, host these dashboards on server, the server maintains the history of uploaded changes , kind of a version control , can revert back and forth , can also download the versions, It has data refresh options , like live and scheduled , the like always queries the datasources and shows the data, ware as the scheduled runs the refresh on scheduled times, we can write the schedule logic in the server, have a good community support and documentations, it dose provide a 30days free trial on the tableau application, after which we need a product key

Don't have proper version control in tableau, could have a feature like integrating with git, since there is no such feature parallel development cant be done, this is like a single developer works on a dashboard at a time, i think we can copy one sheet from different dashboard to another its a good thing thow sort of can archive parallel development but its not a clear way

Anuj
Anuj
Business Intelligence Analyst in VS
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

Great BI Tool - Lovely Friendly Pretty!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: • Anyone will be able to make Pretty visualization without much prior experience and can decipher stories underneath data.
• It was really easy for me to pick up the tool and get on the speed. Really like this BI Tool but it does have its limitations.
• Great for visualizations but if you want a BI Tool for numeric/tabular reports especially for financial reports - you should probably consider some other tool. With that being said, its totally worth the money for all other BI needs and seriously the best BI Tool available!

• Awesome BI Tool • Very User-friendly • Pretty visualization • Easy to ramp up. Even new users can get to the speed really fast • Tableau Reader is free - so developers can make it and anyone can view it for free • Creating Interactive Dashboards and Storyboards is an awesome way to tell a story with the data - Great for presentations! • While you can have only limited developer licenses but pretty much anyone in your organization can view or even interact with Tableau reports on the server - which is very nice if your audience is huge. Easy to export data/reports in Excel and PDF.

• Not much flexible for numeric/tabular reports, if you need a BI Tool for Finance reports - you really need this part! • If you are building a tabular report with numbers you will miss few very basic and must have things - assigning row numbers. There is no such feature to append row numbers. • In tabular reports, your hierarchy will remain fixed for every section. You can't have 2 rows in section and 3 in other. All secitions will be rigid.

Kristin
Quality in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers

Great Productivity Viewer

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Tableau is a great system for the user to view their productivity status daily, weekly, monthly etc. As a new user I can say this system is easy to use, many drop down filter option- can not really mess up anything. There are several variations of data you can look at, for example you can view your productivity and any errors that came back in your work, as well as total cases/tasks worked for a period of time selected. I will say that the visuals are not visually eye catching as some other systems like Gensys, InMoment or even some of the PowerBI graphs/charting. However the data is good and will surely give you what is needed. IF you are looking for something pretty and fancy to the eyes, this may not be the system for you- you will have to mainly create the eye catching. Looking for the basics, simple reporting this is a good system for you!

I love the simplicity of the system. Provides a easy at a glance "tabs" that you can easily bounce from one metric to another! As a new user I have to admit the ease of use is part of the reason I give it the product a higher rating, I had no issues with self training how use the "tabs" and filters to get the data needed. I have noticed some lag time in updating of information in Tableau however this could very well be more of a delay on our side given the types of data we are asking updates to be provided on.

The main con that I can think of for Tableau is the visual aspect- It is not a eye catching as some of the reporting/productivity tracking systems. In comparison to other systems I have worked end as a user or even admin- I am not seeing the same level charting or visual graphics. Now of course because this is a excellent system for reporting/tracking you can always take the data and roll it into your own created charting. I have noticed that for us Tabeau only updates once a day, I know this maybe a company set feature though, but this maybe something to confirm you are able to adjust if needed more frequently!

Jayaprakash
Town Planner in Sri Lanka
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers

A user-friendly intuitive data visualization software for discover the real insightful information.

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a perfect sofware to get started in the field of data analytics. Data from various sources can be imported and transformed into insightfull information via applying effective visualization techniques.

I have been using public version of tableau software for more than a year. which is an intuitive data visualization software and consist array of tools and techniques to transform the raw data into insightful information. Data can be imported from various sources, especially both relational databases and analytical data warehouses created in Microsoft SQL server and other well-known server platforms can be easily loaded. The public version of the software provides significant features which supports academic and individual research purposes in terms of quantitative aspects. It provides flexible drag and drop user interface for creating the relationships among the dimensions and fact of the data that imported. It has the ability to automatically detect the suitable charts which suits and well explainable for the selected variables. Especially I prefer the functions available for time series visualization in animated form. Further, there are significant resources available in the form of help materials, video demonstrations and user forums, which can be helpful if there is any assistance needed

In order to get the full potential out of this software, certain IT knowledge is required on identifying relationship among the variables available in the dataset and to extent the functionalities. Further If we want access more advanced visualization functionalities and to share the dashboards with others, it is necessary to enable the paid version.

Mahesh
Lead Analyst in VS
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Helps in Constructing complex analytical dashboards with different visualisation methods

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With tableau There is no limit to the depth and complexity with which we can analyses the data, i meant to say it is so flexible, with good expertises we can build any type of dashboard

Tableau is a great tool for constructing complex analytical dashboards, any level of complexity is possible in this tool, it can read input data from many sources, starting from plain file systems such as XL, CSV.. to complex databases such as snowflake, mysql.. We can join or write custom queries to build the source data, to construct dashboard we go with dimension-metrics approach, hear we can write exuberant number of calculations and computations to create a calculated fields, and that in-turn can be used for dashboard creation, the basic module is a worksheet and multiple worksheet can be put to gather to form a Dashboard, here we can add any kind of advanced interactive filters for the dashboard which will filter the source data , we construct these on a desktop application and we have to push the to the server to host this dashboard, the server tracks of the number of views , access control, refresh extract scheduling etc..

When we develop a complex & heavy dashboard with extract data enabled, then it takes lot of time to load on the tableau desktop, to pull it from the server some times it never opens, have to retry many times and to push from the desktop to server also takes time, i think it pushes the local extracted datas along with the tableau files