Campaign Monitor reviews

Over Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor is een gebruiksvriendelijke e-mailmarketingtool waarmee elke marketeer mooie, gerichte nieuwsbrieven kan sturen.

Meer informatie over Campaign Monitor

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday.

Beoordelingen van Campaign Monitor

Waar voor je geld

Campaign Monitor heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 444 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Campaign Monitor eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (444)

Gary M.
Gary M.
CEO in VS
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Longtime user, very happy with performance

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to structure campaigns, very inexpensive on my plan, with as many features and benefits as I need.

Nothing to dislike. Campaign Monitor has everything I need as a small marketer.

CEO in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

The Best Email Service Provider on the Market!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Campaign Monitor is wonderful. I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone looking for a full service, easy to use email platform.

Excellent customer service -- a human picks up the phone when you call and works with you to creatively solve problems, if you use the Premier tier. Dashboards and analytics are all intuitive and easy to use. Automation journeys are easy to build and update. Drag and drop templates are easy to use.

I wish we could establish settings to automatically scrub emails after that were inactive over a certain period. These segments are already created automatically, but we have to export files and copy in email addresses to remove subscribers. I also wish it integrated with ZeroBounce, my preferred email deliverability tool. I also sometimes wish I could edit the HTML on particular sends.

Co-Founder in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, 51-200 werknemers

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

Sr. Multimedia/Graphic Artist in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Great site for designing custom or template marketing emails

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to reach many people sending out our digital campaigns. With the A and B versions available in each campaign, we can learn what to add to our next campaign to get better click through rates.

Even though Campaign Monitor has email templates to use for designs I design custom emails outside the website and upload the html, which is easy enough to do and enables you to see a preview and edit it real time on the site. We also find the option to have a text only version of the email convenient. The site has its own inbox and spam testing on several clients so we know how our email will look in people's inboxes and this helps avoid email display problems as well as it ending up in a spam folder. The option to send out A and B versions of our email campaigns has been invaluable. We can see what works and what doesn't with each email campaign.

I have nothing really negative to say about this software for what I use it for. When I first started using it, the location and functionality of things on the page was not intuitive but they have made huge improvements to the website that make it easier to navigate and set things up.

Digital Marketing Executive in Nigeria
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips - Nice delivery and send-out time - Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks - Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background - Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

James D.
Head Of Design in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Great for agencies

5,0 3 jaar geleden

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Asheton F.
Marketing Team Lead in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Nice Email Automation Tool

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

Jon H.
E-Commerce Manager in VS
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

Campaign Monitor

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Robert D.
Robert D.
Co-founder in Ecuador
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers

Gets the Job Done

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

Md jahan M.
Md jahan M.
Digital Marketing | Web Development & Design Specialist - Freelance in Bangladesh
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

'Campaign Monitor' - The most effective email marketing tools.

5,0 2 maanden geleden

For digital marketers, it's a dependable email marketing program. I enjoy using this tool because it gives so many options for customizing email templates and running a successful campaign. A really useful tool for personalizing your own appealing email template, which aids in lead engagement.

It has sufficient components that I desire. So not received any bad cases.

Marketing Manager in Ierland
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Excellent Email Tool for small business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Campaign Monitor allowed us to send our monthly newsletter with ease. This brought in an abundance of new business for the company and helped to grow revenue.

Campaign Monitor is simple to use and allows any business to run marketing campaigns to their audiences. The drag and drop builder is excellent.

Campaign Monitor doesn't have a CRM, so you'll need to import your lists for every send or integrate with a something like Zoho, HubSpot or Salesforce.

Brant C.
Brant C.
Web Developer in Australië
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

I love Campaign Monitor

5,0 3 jaar geleden

I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Annie guo V.
Annie guo V.
Change Consultant in VS
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Masturah D.
Masturah D.
Administrative Assistant in Maleisië
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very easy to use as a email service

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Campaign Monitor is one of the very effective email marketing software that can be used even for a newcomer that has never use this kind of this software before. It can be configure to sent multiple type of email marketing to find the winning email for that set of audience list.

It lacks of tools to customized the email body, and not much design that we can create for our email marketing. We can only choose from the template design that provided by the software and not all the template design is fit with the email objective. I really hope they can add more design for the template.

Abbas H.
Managing Director in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten

Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever! Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything else and use Campaign Monitor. The extensive segmentation tools, super clear and well-formed APIs to connect with our CRM and outstanding customer journey setup is above and beyond what i've seen from other tools in the market. Oh and their brilliant responsive all-platform templates!! Also, when they say 'award-winning' and round the clock support / success teams, they mean it! Definitely and whole-heartedly recommended!

I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

Douglas H.
Consultant in Canada
2-10 werknemers

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with admittedly a few "hiccups", but we had got those emails out. Their service refused to let us log in, or pay for, or reactivate our old account, so we had to create a new one---and that's likely one factor that led to the total failure of their organization to provide the slightest bit of genuine service to us yesterday. Shortly before midnight, I tried competitor "RedCappi", but after I edited an outgoing email address, it looked as if they might delay sending the test emails, so while waiting to see how long that delay might be, I set up a "Campaign Monitor" account, and proceeded with the same process (our newsletter html was "ready to go"---having been produced by the IT guru at our factory overseas). Despite a good half-hour lead, the RedCappi test emailouts took over an hour and a half to arrive, versus maybe less than a minute with Campaign Monitor. I was sold---uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly. When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!

Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

Christina C.
Marketing And Advertising Manager in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 10.000+ werknemers

"Campaign Monitor is perfect for our company"

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been able to increase our email marketing and communication channels thanks to the support of Campaign Monitor. With inbound leads, we were able to conduct many campaigns at the same time without having to worry about keeping track of everything in spreadsheets.

Campaign Monitor provides a wide range of advice on email design. That it takes so little time to get here and send out a message is wonderful. It's always there for you. This is a great tool for writing and distributing email newsletters, and it's simple to use. It works perfectly with Salesforce and provides you with the finest possible outcomes. So when it comes to making a choice, I always go with Pardot over it. Email automation campaigns may be set up in a matter of minutes.

This program has nothing to complain about. In my opinion, alternative Pre-design templates that can be readily altered and that pique the curiosity of people should be made available. It's a fantastic tool. If there are any mistakes that can be quickly remedied, we will do so.

Director of Marketing and Business Development in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Best Email Marketing Platform Available

5,0 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Campaign Monitor allows us to create email marketing templates, manage our subscriber lists, and send out our email communications to our customers and also analyze their interest in our content.

I have used many email marketing platforms and Campaign Monitor is above all the best and most functional. It is very easy to use and my emails look very professional.

There isn't anything I dislike about Campaign Monitor. It's truly the most functional email marketing software available.

Saad J.
Digital Marketing Manager in Canada
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan user)

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

You get a: > WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake). > Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions. > Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions > User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment > Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests > New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

Christopher G.
Christopher G.
Frankrijk
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

It just works !

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :) I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive. Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Shilpa S.
Shilpa S.
Marketing Strategist in India
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A product well thought through

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list. *You can also set up email automation with the tool. *The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product. * Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Annie K.
Graphic Designer and Content Producer in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use both with the email builder software and also uploading custom coded

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: So perfect for managing multiple clients, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands all in one place. Easy to upload email campaigns and set to different audience lists as well as different credit cards for payment purposes.

I love that this software lets you either upload your own custom coded emails OR you can use their email builder. We manage a lot of different clients and for some, we have our own, custom programmed email campaigns, and for others, we use the builder. The builder is a lot more customizable than one might think. sometimes you have to get creative with how to make it look a certain way, but it can be clean, minimal, and on-brand in minutes. I also love that when you upload your own coded emails, it checks to make sure all of the files add up and will tell you if there is an error.

Sometimes I wish the custom builder software was even MORE customizable, but I understand that in order for it to be that easy to use, you can't make it too much more complicated with customizing.

Alex K.
Marketing Consultant in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize.

Gareth N.
Web Developer in Zuid-Afrika
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Rock solid

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

Jim C.
Detailhandel
Bron: GetApp

Campaign Monitor

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.