Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over YourMembership

YourMembership biedt betaalbare, alles-in-één software voor ledenbeheer, en is ontworpen voor kleine tot middelgrote verenigingen en non-profitorganisaties.

Meer informatie over YourMembership

It was user friendly and feature heavy however most of the features were not useful to us.

We could not allow new members to register online because the calculations in the programming couldn't handle the variables. The export/import with Quickbooks was ineffective.

Beoordelingen van YourMembership

3,7
4,0
3,7
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

YourMembership heeft een totaalscore van 3,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 173 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je YourMembership eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (173)

Silvia
Silvia
Membership Coordinator in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The best of both worlds!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with YM has been pleasant. Anytime I have a question there are many resources to navigate through prior to calling into customer support. Often I find things out on my own but whenever I have had a question the YM team answers quickly. I have been using YM since 2016 and have seen many improvements. I've used older templates/versions of YM and all have been user-friendly.

YM offers both a website platform and membership database all in one. I had been using YM for three years before a potential switch and was able to see how other sites didn't have the membership database. We decided to stay with YM and I even recommended it to my new organization...been utilizing YM daily for the last five years!

A feature that can be updated is radio buttons, for check out (invoicing). This can be helpful come dues renewal time to allow donations to be automatically applied (radio button).

2 jaar geleden

Silvia, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your association's website and membership through YM.

Tim
IT Consultant in VK
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best All-Encompassing Member Solution for Organizations Without an IT Department?

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: YM has allowed us to:
a) unify all our different country operations on to a single software base;
b) replace a range of on-premises systems with a single cloud solution; and
c) meet the modern expectations of our members and customers without having to have an IT Department.

We selected YM because it covers all the bases needed by a non-profit member organization (website, member management, donation management, groups, events and online store) in one comprehensive package. More than that - and this is the clincher - it is designed for organizations with little or no internal IT capability. You don't need a server, special equipment, or even to know programming in order to deploy and configure the solution. It is a true cloud solution, with everyone always on the same latest version - so support is excellent and enhancements always ongoing.

When you buy a system like YM you need to be aware that: a) you won't be getting 'best in class' in each specific area of functionality (i.e. there are better web stores than the one in YM, better event management solutions than the one in YM, etc.) - but I don't think you will find a better solution across all areas; and b) this is not custom software, YM aren't going to change the software just to suit your business (rather you need to bend your business to suit the software) - having said that, YM is incredibly configurable (including the entire look and feel of the web front-end) so this isn't at all a major issue.

2 jaar geleden

Tim, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing all aspects of your association with YM.

Therese
Executive Director in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Wrong fit for the association, our habits, and our budget

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience was okay, but as YM kept growing and getting more expensive, the customer service got spottier and spottier. I had the feeling that they had grown faster than they were able to keep up. When my website's appearance started to look dated, they wanted to charge me about 1/3 again what my annual fee was to change the look. I found the interface in posting content to be a challenge because I couldn't do any editing from the frontend and was constantly going back and forth between frontend and backend.

I originally purchased this system because I wanted an all-inclusive association management and registration software which YM provided. YM also was able to integrate through an add-on with QuickBooks. It automated my membership dues invoicing.

Price kept going up and up without a corresponding increase in value. QuickBooks add-on was an additional expense when other systems were integrated with QuickBooks Online at no additional expense. The member communication options were difficult to use and explain. My members never took advantage of them to communicate among themselves.

Lance
Co-Founder - President in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Full featured platform with a terrific support team.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was fantastic. [sensitive content hidden]
went to CommunityBrands (YourMembership) after being a user at one of their customers so she knows the system like nobody else. [sensitive content hidden]
and his design team did such a great job on our website and were very accommodating to my several changes along the way. The website turned out fantastic!

I like that I didn't have to build my own solution since their platform already handles most everything.

Setup of the different types of memberships/member types was very confusing. I felt their setup guides could have been easier to understand.

Andy
Immediate Past President - SCMA in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Switching to YM Was a Leap In Improving our Backend Admin and Supporting Our Members

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been excellent. First, we spent about 3 months meeting weekly with a YM rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) to learn the system and to format our website main page. She was great to work with, very patient with us, and answered all of our questions to ensure we had a successful launch. The options and products that YM offers actually helped us to move away from some of the outsourcing that we previously had to do for some of these processes. This also helped to reduce cycle time for processes and allow our admin to spend more time on other tasks vs spending large amounts of time of fixing issues. The support system is good. It is easy to search for a topic when you can not remember how to do something are trying to do something for the first time. The write-ups or videos they have are good or you can always call and talk to someone! Most importantly, our members are way more pleased with their experience when navigating through the website for information or events than they were with our old website with our previous vendor.

Transitioning to the YM was a lot of work but easier than I thought. A lot of work from our end in learning YM but our members found the transition to be easy and they appreciated the ease of use when logging in or when navigating the website. Easy to set up custom pages for events and for general information for our website. We can easily do more things ourselves because of the ease and flexibility of the software such as: event pages, member information, calendar of events, marketing emails, various member levels/categories, customizing certain aspects of the website, and making changes in all of these areas.

Some aspects of the website are not flexible to change but it is not anything that is a show stopper. Ex: There is a place on the website that allows for a scrolling list of new members. But it will only list the names by first initial and last name. We wanted to list the name by first name and last name. Not a big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

3 jaar geleden

Andy, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that switching to YM has helped your staff to spend their time where it matters (on your members and organization!) and not on frustrating and time-consuming issues. We are so glad that your new website has helped to improve your members' experience with your organization.

MJ
VP Operations in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Poor Support is not their only problem....

2,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have a urgent problem with YM at this moment -- and you can NEVER get them on the phone. It takes HOURS and HOURS if not DAYS to get responses to problems. And the response you normally get is NO- the system cant do that- or you will manually have to edit 300 records. You can't change your membership renewal date. Updates to the application are MINIMAL at best. They did roll out an email upgrade which may have helped with SPAM -- can't tell for sure if it helped. It has been about the only real upgrade I have seen in the membership side of the system. They seem to focus more of their efforts on their other applications and not YourMembership. I wish someone had told me all this when I selected YM.

I can't say I am in love with any of the features -- it works -- but there is nothing that just says -- if I didn't have this I couldn't do my job.

The CRM piece of this application is piss-poor at best. I guess coming from major CRM software application with hundreds of features and flexibility and being an expert on Wordpress -- the lack of flexibility in the site for managing custom pages is horrible. They should just offer a Wordpress plugin for membership management by embedding member management functions into a wordpress site -- because they suck at CRM. My Advice -- Use Wordpress for your primary site tool -- and try to embed their membership page into your wordpress site somehow. I may try to convert this way because I am tired of trying to code pages into thier site -- when tools exist such as wordpress that can easily do everything.

Erica
Administrative Assistant in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

User Friendly, but has it's flaws.

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: YourMembership wasn't all bad, but accurate membership numbers are very important to my organization and this caused a headache monthly. Customer service wasn't instant, but I always got a call back within 48 hours. For us, the websites are pretty basic and outdated, unless we upgraded, which was an additional fee. It's very easy to use, but we experienced a few too many downtimes with the system. Overall, the software is good, but wasn't ideal for us.

Your membership was really easy to use. I was able to pull reports in a matter of seconds and the dashboard was easy to understand when it was accurate.

The data was never accurate. I dreaded doing the monthly membership report due to the fact that the number were never right and I always had to do lots of work arounds and manual calculations before presenting to my Board of Directors.

Gwen
President in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers

YourMembership Implementation

3,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We hope the overall experience for our members and staff will be good once we finalize the launch.

The support has been good. We have not yet launched our CRM or Website.

The web templates have been difficult to use.

George
George
Vice President, Technology Solutions in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: YM delivered a stable, reliable platform to 15 of our associations and allowed us to shift investment to other proprieties without losing features.

Community Brands continues to invest in the YM platform, and as a SaaS product, upgrades are delivered on a regular basis without the need for continuous testing by the user base.

Occasionally, your product enhancement request can be lost among the hundreds of other customers using the product. It is best to team up with other customers to upvote your recommendations.

Lu Ann
EMIS Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Great Website

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very happy with YourMembership. As stated earlier, easy to use and manage and great event management options.

Ease of use and options that are available. Also support is very prompt when needed. Great options for event management, registration, etc.

Some of the built-in website options can cause confusion for our members but nothing we can't handle.

Torey
Controller in VS

Complicated

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We're certain there is more we can get out of our use of YM, but we've had a lot of turnover and the implementation left something to be desired. The hardest part is getting ahold of an actual person to sort out unusual pieces in the system. Luckily we finally have enough staff to have someone focus on it, but if you are a very small organization (5 or less), this may not be the best fit.

It does have a great back end look and the ability to customize almost everything is nice. As a database, it works great.

Sending emails to members is a design nightmare, so much so that we utilize Constant Contact for all of our email sending. There are a lot of features, but they are usually hard to use or not intuitive. You're stuck with their preferred provider for any payment processing.

Becky
Education Manager in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Great product

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great. The product is amazing for my department's needs. I work in the database every day and after 5 years, I am still figuring out new ways to better streamline what we do.

I really appreciate the availability of customizable options to meet ever changing needs of our organization.

Staff resistance to embrace the change to a new system or to learn the new features that could save them time. Any software issues that are brought up with YM are usually already in the works and they are very receptive to suggestions for future upgrades needed.

3 jaar geleden

Becky, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your association and streamlining your processes with YourMembership!

Thomas
Account Coordinator- Admin & Operations in
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

YM for the Win

5,0 10 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There are a great many things that I really appreciate about the YourMembership platform. There are a ton of features at your fingertips that can benefit your association that you probably hadn't thought of or previously hadn't had the ability to facilitate. Career Centers and integrated Blog and Forum platforms to Merchant Services and Event Management all residing in one space make it hard to argue that you were doing it all just as well before. I'm not exactly an novice to website design and appreciate coding without a WYSIWYG editor, (What You See Is What You Get) but the ease of use for someone who has had limited exposure to website administration should be able to get the hang of things pretty quickly. On the downside, YourMembership is a newer platform and still has some wrinkles. The team over there is definitely working to iron them out, but every once in a while you'll hit on something that hasn't been addressed before and there isn't currently a fix for it. Going into it though, you should probably expect that from a platform that is designed to be everything for everyone. Everyone has certain ways they like to do things or ideas on how things should be done, and at times, the YM platform has its own ideas and ways that you then have to adapt to accommodate.
So in conclusion, YourMembership has been a wonderful experience so far. We're an Association Management Company and handle multiple organizations so we have thrown all sorts of problems at YourMembership, and they've fielded all but the most finicky with relative ease and minimal cost. The individuals that I've interacted with have all been attentive, friendly and eager to help out. All that and they are constantly evolving with new feature pushes, better solutions for common problems and frequent fixes that keep everything feeling fresh and a bit exciting (that sounds lame and nerdy, but when a cool new feature comes out, I have a tendency to check it out right away). From switching between no less than 4 CMS platforms, 3 event management tools, and 3 Merchant Solutions providers to get things done, to only having to fiddle in YourMembership has been a huge sigh of relief. YourMembership has been good to us so far and I'd recommend giving it a go without hesitation.

Gloria
Communications Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Initially very frustrating and painful, the set up didn't feel intuitive, and confusing.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Everything is under one platform.

I like that key features and functionality are under one platform. And that you can set up pages to edit from both the front and back end of the website.

Some of the functionality seems outdated (ex. unable to attach documents when sending a group email within a specific group). I think YM is set up to best manage member records when created in YM. Importing a detailed member database as I have to do is not easy in YM. Based on my past experience, deleting a group is beyond tedious and difficult. The member search function is sometimes quirky (ex. the member included their middle name initial, but you didn't include in the search, you get "record not found"). There are some features that are located in places that are not intuitive (ex. group management is under Website/Social but you first have to go to Features.

Jennifer
Office Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Not a very happy experiwnce

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have yet to see benefits from this software that I can't get somewhere else. Granted it keeps track of all of my members but so do other software companies

It is easy to download lists that you need of your clients or members, that is about the only thing that I like about it

I do not like the support team. I put in a ticket almost 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything back. Any time that I call I get sent to a voicemail. My company has been with them since 2012 and paid 7K a year but when I need to change the look they want 2.5K more. We are a non profit and are on a much smaller budget so this is alot. As soon as my board approves it I will be taking my business to another company. If you are a large company that needs many bells and whistles then they might work for you but we don't and it makes navigation so hard. It was easier to create a new website through Wix and send a newsletter through their platform than to send something through your membership. I'm sure that for some companies this is what they need but if you are a small business or non profit there are much better options out there like Alumni360, Memberclicks, Member 365 and others

Marc
Director of Finance in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers

A Great Customizable Platform

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The experience has been good. We have integrated the basic platform with Freestone's learning platform, and have several pages linked to other services. The integration is seemless.

YourMembership is almost entirely customizable, and their support team is always available to help. Once setup, I save hours a week by pulling customizable dynamic reports and by reviewing the critical information on the dashboard.

I find the email blast portion is clunky. I cannot duplicate a campaign and the HTML editor and preview show the page differently than when it is sent out. I've learned to review the campaigns from several platforms outside of YM to preview.

Janet
Director of Membership and Communications in VS
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Yin/Yang experience

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The migration to YourMembership was tied to YM's acquisition of previous AMS. Customer service/support at YM was non-existent 5 years ago; reps hid behind their computers, responded only by email, referred everyone to online videos/resources and never talked to anyone. This did improve for a while, but in the last 12 months as taken a huge step backwards. We are hopeful that this will change in the immediate future.

CMS for website. Overall Association Management System integration of website, online database, and ecommerce/event management platform.

Lack of a dynamic survey module (need Survey Monkey or Formsite features); limited flexibility and customization of member profile fields (member type-driven default settings instead of member-select options.)

Zelda
Executive Director in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Membership Software

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service is very poor. If we do manage to get help the assistant is not at all familiar w/the softwares capabilities. Often that person is hunting & pecking for answers same as we do.

Membership Search is about it. Everything else is very difficult to navigate.

Inability to get data needed for reporting, no query ability. Not able to invoice to a Master Account w/out having the Master Account actually log in to gather invoices. Event planning updates is never seamless. If there is a correction that is needed to the Event, updates fail. Membership Invoicing is a Nightmare. Every year there is duplicate invoicing.

Katie
Director of Membership Services in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers

Great Membership Software

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using it for seven years now and it is a great product, very flexible, lots of great features.

I love it because it has capabilities for managing membership types, dues, events, groups, communications. The look and feel is great and it's pretty intuitive. The ability to sell merchandise and event tickets is really helpful and I can create a CRM of non-member types is really helpful too. Terrific tech support, when I call, they help me. That is HUGE.

I can't think of anything it won't do for me, it's just what i need to manage my members.

Amanda
Director of Events in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Highly recommend YM to other associations

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very positive, I enjoy using YM and would highly recommend it to colleagues.

Overall easy to use and navigate. Customer support is TOP NOTCH, especially with the new chat feature offered.

There need to be multiple invoice template options, especially for membership renewal time.

3 jaar geleden

Amanda, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience using YourMembership! Our team strives to help small staff associations like yours to achieve your goals and mission! We are so glad to hear that your team views our customer support as a beneficial and reliable resource.

Neil
Digital Officer in VK
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers

A great tool for bringing membership together

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, from conception to initialisation Yourmembership have been a great company to work with. They have been very open with our ideas and whether the system can help realise them and, if not, have suggested alternative ideas. Where they win hands down though is the support desk. I have always gotten a timely response to my queries and they have explained things easily over mail as the time difference makes it difficult to speak on the phone.

This software has a great GUI for back end users but for the front end members it looks very professional and snazzy with lots of collaborative features for them to get stuck into

One of our custom pages is VERY fragile and we ave had to learn some basic coding in order to edit it using the advanced editor.

Amanda
Membership Manager in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Don't Do it

1,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Don't lock yourself into a three-year contract like we did. Get out before you can.

None. This software has caused nothing but issues for our client in the two years we have been on it. They are not happy. We also had to buy an add-on of Informz just to be able to send emails to our members since YM is BLACKLISTED. Funny they mention it AFTER we signed.

Everything. Frankly, while I write this review as the software is down again. Don't expect any ease of use, don't call for support; they won't answer and will take a few days to return your call. Every setting is so hard to find, complex and hard to understand. It is not meant for membership managers.

Jason
Membership And Administrative Cooordinator in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Great System

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I love the ease and convenience across the web design, membership management and the On-Demand educational component.

We have a few difficulties getting speedy responses on open tickets from time to time, and would like a few membership cleanup fields edited but overall it's great.

2 jaar geleden

Jason, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your membership, website, and member education with YM.

Paul
President in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Poor functionality and awful customer service

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It’s a clumsy system that decreases the customer experience for us, losing potential customers, awfully hard to find anything, costs for the system is out of control, and the customer service is awful. My team is getting charged for a whole year through the end of 2021 even though we are moving on my December. Not the best way to create raving fans for your product.

We can do most of what we need in it when it works right.

Functionality and seamlessness for our users.

Janine
Membership Director in VS

YM offers great functionality

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I've had very good experience with the software and I especially appreciate YM's efforts to respond to users' requested revisions and improvements such as website editing functionality.

Given that this is my first experience with membership software, I have heavily relied on YM's high quality integrated tutorial videos and indexed knowledge database. When I have a unique problem, I receive very quick and quality responses from support staff via the integrated email system. For more complex questions, YM readily offers support via telephone calls.

I don't have full confidence in the bulk email capability in terms of the recipients' capability to receive. Admittedly, problems may or may not be the fault of the software.