Stratum met our reporting requirements... twice

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2017
Elise S.
Sr Programmer/Analyst (plus Stratum Administrator)
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Silvon was the only vendor that demoed and met our main reporting requirements (twice... initially when acquiring a reporting tool for users on the iSeries and 7 years later when we re-visited our reporting tools for SQL server). We especially needed criteria like "all these but not those". Stratum allowed our users to write and run their own reports, freeing up IT time for projects. The users love the crosstab reporting! Silvon employees are knowledgeable, friendly and caring. The on-line documentation is full of examples and the help videos are great!

Pluspunten: We love the ability to manipulate the criteria. A primary requirement for us for reporting is give me all these (items, customers, etc.) but exclude these few. User lists allow us to do that!

Minpunten: We definitely needed Silvon's help to get the tool up and running, but they helped us with the extract, load and processing set-up.

Using Stratum for Numbers Review

Frank T.
Inside Sales
Medische apparatuur, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stratum is very effective in compiling data and sales numbers for my accounts. I can drill down in many different ways to effectively get the tracings needed to conduct my daily meetings and calls. Sometimes it takes a bit of work to learn how to obtain the information that I am looking for but can always save my progress in order to utilize the report again in the future. I regularly import to Excel in order to manipulate and run totals for my yearly budget.

Pluspunten: The program allows for me to utilize our sales tracings in order to effectively conduct calls and meetings. I can also track my progress and export to Excel in order to prepare for my upcoming days.

Minpunten: Difficult to get some of the more "funneled" reports and may take time to have the numbers needed but can be saved so work is not all lost. This saved report then can be used in the future.

Stratum Business Intelligence Software

Beoordeeld op 24-2-2017
Linda S.
Senior Director, IT & Business Intelligence
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Silvon Software has been providing Business Intelligence software before BI became a buzz word!They provide a robust, scalable solution to deliver business insights against any data set.

Pluspunten: I'd have to say that I like the flexibility of the software the most. Insight to Sales, Inventory, Production, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger etc. can be gained by importing data from these applications into Stratum. The software handles 100+ concurrent users.

Minpunten: I frequently export to MS Office tools for better graphics and annotation capability.

Candle-lite Demand Planning Manager

Gary W.
Demand Planning Manager
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I find Stratum easy to use and exceptional to use as I review data at several levels.
However, I struggle with the use of filters. As I drill down to several levels , it still pulls all original data in the fields instead of narrowing the list. I would like to see the filter function replicate the functionality of Excel.

Pluspunten: Ability to drill to several levels and change the hierarchy of the fields.

Minpunten: The filter and search functions is not user friendly. As I drill down to a certain level, I expect to use the filter and only see values that are in the field I pick. Instead, I see all original values .
I would to see the filter function perform similar to Excel.

Sales Reporting at your fingertips!

Mike J.
Sales Analyst
Bouwmaterialen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stratum is a good sales reporting tool and very easy to use. The issue at year end when the tool has January data and you want previous months data, the filters have been corrected to display the data. Previously you would have to set up two reports and have the filters set by year and months. Thank you!

Pluspunten: Easy to use

Minpunten: Doesn't have data visualization or an impact tool.

Silvon is a Helpful Tool

Sarah W.
Financial Analyst
Magazijnen/opslag, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a financial analyst and monitor sales and GP daily for our business. Without Silvon my job would be very difficult to do efficiently. I have seen the capabilities of competitive software and I am very pleased that we have Silvon. Silvon is one of the most useful and user friendly tools on the market, I highly recommend it.

Pluspunten: User friendliness, ability to build custom views on the fly and regoranize data quickly. This allows my team to get down to identify problem areas of the business.

Minpunten: Would like a multi sorting ability for columns like excel has.

Excellent customer service / OK software

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2017
Joseph S.
Commercial Excellence Manager
Olie en energie, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customer service on Stratum is top-notch. Questions and service issues are addressed quickly.
The software absolutely does what it says it will do.
The cons are primarily around some of the difficulties of building reports. It is impossible to copy and paste a measure item so it is more labor intensive than it seems like it needs to be to build and alter reports. This is especially bad at the beginning of the year when reports need to be changed.
Overall, I give Stratum 4/5 stars because I am happy with the support and the way the program operates other than the report building.

Pluspunten: Service

Minpunten: Report building

Long-Time and Very Satisfied Stratum Users

Michael J.
Manger, IT
Medische apparatuur, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been using Stratum in its various iterations since the 1990's. Each new version and release has been am improvement of a very fine product. Their support and service rank amoong the highest I have ever dealt with in over 35 years. You can't go wrong by selecting Silvon Software and Stratum.

Pluspunten: Very powerful and flexible

Minpunten: Slightly complex

Stratum Viewer Survey

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2017
Lupe C.
Sr. Sales and Marketing Analyst
Papier- en bosbouwproducten
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I personally love Stratum, and especially Viewer, because of the flexibility setting up reports and its quick response time. the ability to slice and dice the data is endless. The business considers it a very powerful too.
For me, I would like to see two areas changed if possible. The node concept on the attributes is difficult to train on, and adds steps to every filter. If they were designed more like the measures where you can edit them without opening them up to the 2nd node would be wonderful.
Also the verbiage used within the software sometimes isn't very user friendly. Terms such as member list, edit attribute relationships caption expression and format string are not terms that are readily understood or received by new users. I still love it!

Pluspunten: The flexibility of drilling down from year to months, and then back up. Also the ability to drill down on unlimited attributes. Ability to budget within the tool and at any level. The pre-built Stratum expressions in Viewer. The flexibility of inter-changing rows and columns. the ease of creating/applying conditional filters.

Minpunten: The node concept of attributes, the limitation of pick up fields, the export at size 13 font, the fact that the filters don't export out with the report, the difficulty of adding budget where no history exists,

Silvon Viewer Review

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2017
Mark B.
Business Analyst
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Titan has been a customer of Silvon for 20+ years and still with them because of value for the money. Recently working on moving the solution into a hosting situation to better reflect today's business requirements.

Pluspunten: Ease of use

Minpunten: not real time data

Using Stratum for Financial reporting & analysis

Stephen L.
financial analyst
Bouwmaterialen
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I find Stratum a useful tool for month-end reporting of sales results and analysis by customers and channels. Even though Stratum was initially bought by our Sales organization for their use, our finance organization is able to use Stratum by tailoring data views that enable us to understand the drivers of our monthly sales including customer pricing. Even though stratum has graphing capabilities, due to our internal presentation requirments we download stratum data to Excel and create our graphs using Excel.

Pluspunten: Ease of use in creating views and downloading to Excel

Minpunten: Difficulty in using existing views as the year rolls-over to new year.
Many existing views do not allow editing to change the year.

Our experience with the Silvon Product

Mark G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the fact that the software has grown with the industry and is the outcome of the company listening to it's customers. Silvon has done a good job staying knowledgeable about many niche industries including the fffood industry. They treat their customers like a partner. I always enjoy sharing our challenges and vision for the software and feel their team wants to hear our opinion. The Silvon software has been a great fit for us as we liked the versatility of the software (integration options, calculated fields, virtual dimensions, etc.). The access speed of the cube reporting has been a huge improvement for us as we transitioned from the thick client application.

Minpunten: Sometimes the software can be challenging to maintain (from the administration side). We are used to supporting our own software, but have looked to Silvon to help us maintain this area.

Stratum Review

Derek P.
Merchandising and Planning Analyst
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stratum consistently meets our needs and when it does not the issue is quickly resolved. It is an easy platform to learn and teach.

Pluspunten: ease of use, multiple selections

Minpunten: The loading time but it is standard with comparable platforms.

A great analytic software

Matthew A.
Purchasing Analyst
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love all the features of silvon reports. I use this software every single day in my work...the only thing that this reporting software really needs is an undo button because sometimes when building a report if you click something you didn't mean to you have to start over in the report.

Pluspunten: Great reporting, nice graphs, easy to use

Minpunten: No Undo button

Powerful tool for data extraction

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2014
Alicia B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Silvon is great for getting reports on demand quickly using company data that in the past had to be handled via pivot tables. Once a view is set up, even the least tech-savvy user can get the information they need in the click of a button. Their folks are attentive and have many ongoing training opportunities for the casual to advanced user.

Minpunten: My only real complaint is that the formatting component (Planner) does not come standard and is an add-on for an additional fee. As my company did not want to invest in this fee for every user, most everything that comes out of Silvon has to be reformatted in Excel which kills a lot of the time-saving aspect of one button reporting. The coding used is also somewhat convoluted if you're not a programmer.

Good bang for your buck

Nick P.
JDE Developer
Groothandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software was setup easily with great support from the company, and managing the software takes a little more work than we thought. However it comes with great features and functions that more than meet our expectations. I would recommend the software but keep in mind it will require a lot of training for the users.

Gives us what we need

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2017
Keith H.
Sr. Software Development Analyst
Consumentengoederen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stratum.Viewer provides the data analysis tools that our business needs to run successfully. Most users are happy with the product, and our user base is constantly growing.

Pluspunten: No software loads on PCs

Minpunten: Amount of time to reload cube

Stratum Review

Karen C.
Network Systems Administrator
Farmaceutica, 51-200 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Stratum is a wonderful easy tool to use! All the information you need with a few clicks. Great graphs and pie charts.

Pluspunten: Easy of use.

Minpunten: Nothing to report.

Great Data Analysis Tool

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018
Debolina N.
Oversight Data Manager
Farmaceutica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We use this for our Supply Chain Analysis and it has been just great. Its very easy to merge data from different sources and get data modelling done.

Minpunten: There aren't any cons for this application. It's simple and very userfriendly

Great tool as long as you don't need too much detail.

John K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software is relatively intuitive. Learning and mastering it doesn't take an excessive amount of time. Changing how you are viewing and sorting data is easy to manipulate.

Minpunten: It doesn't seem that it is designed to go from a top-level view drilled through to a detailed view. Also, multiple calculated formulas can really slow down or freeze the view you are looking at.

Lactalis American Group - Stratum Review

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2014
Thomas W.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's versatile and is easy to learn and use for most individuals, but some find it difficult. They offer continual application improvements available from year to year. They have outstanding support and responsiveness and offer exceptional training materials and audio/video tutorials.

Minpunten: I dislike the inability to freeze column headings on multi-page views.

Stratum Viewer makes budgeting easy

Michelle H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stratum Viewer is easy to learn and the views are endless. We use Stratum Viewer for our annual budgeting process. Budgets can be entered at various levels (product, group of products, customer, territory, by month, etc). Users can quickly build views to allow this. Data can be uploaded from Miscrosoft Excel in seconds, literally. It takes additional preparation time to enter a budget for a product for which no budget history exists (new item). Conversations with Stratum IT suport helped us bridge that gap.

Pluspunten: ease of use, easy to manipulate, simple to understand

Minpunten: entering budget for items for which no history exists

Silvon Product review for our company

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2014
Kathy C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This product gives us the ability to look at our data company-wide/multiple locations in an accurate and convenient way. I like to initially see the overall picture then like the ease of going in for more detail. The support for issues and training are top of the line

Minpunten: The only thing I can say on this is it is not the product or vendor that i might have an issue with, but the use of all it has to offer that we as a company are not taking advantage of.

Stratum Viewer at Follett

Will M.
Detailhandel
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like its close tie to the iSeries Data Warehouse and the expanded functions over IDEAS that it offers. It also ties closely into Excel and scheduling abilities.

Minpunten: The daily update cycle is lengthy. This could be a reflection of our data, but it is a constant irritant with the users. Some views are run long, but this could be our data and the analyses the planners are doing.

Stratum by Silvon - Dependable Sales Data and Insights Delivery

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2014
Steve P.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the reliability. It's easy to build ad-hoc views on the fly. I also like the ability to select different time buckets for different columns on any report. Stratum always works with you as a partner

Minpunten: Stratum interface is showing its age. There is an opportunity to modernize. Services such as SSRS and PowerPivot enable nice cosmetic enhancements to view Stratum data. I'd like to see improved product support team's depth of product knowledge.