We had a quick implementation, and find that the environment is very flexible. All end users :-)

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2017
Janet G.
VP, Planning & Analysis
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Monthly operational reporting time reduced from 3 days to 3 hours. We built alternative hierarchies for our chart of accounts and entities, so that operations can see their relevant data in the format they prefer, whereas accounting can see it based on GAAP. Modeling transformed our budget process from Excel spreadsheets to a cloud-based solution accessible to all end users, so budget creation migrated from FP&A to the process owners. Budget consolidation process was reduced from 2 days to 2 minutes. We have also transformed to a rolling forecast using modeling, so that the annual budgets required by lenders comes from the forecasts, and is no longer a time-consuming annual task. We have also since identified other uses for modeling, including complex calculations for our formula pricing that is based on external data imported into tables. We are also importing non-financial data to enhance our asset management deferred maintenance program.

Pluspunten: There are no limits to the types and volume of data that you interface within Host Analytics, as long as you maintain a common field. Implementation went well (with a consulting partner), and it enabled our budget manager to trim his reporting time from 3 days to 3 hours. The modeling module uses an Excel add-in, so the feel and use of Excel is still available, but the results are stored centralized, so when any end user retrieves data, there is one version of the truth. Customer service is second to none. In my 30+ years in planning and analysis, I have never found a team so dedicated to ensuring their customer's success. Feature updates are either monthly or quarterly, and are focused on what the customers have expressed are their needs or wishes.

Minpunten: It required that we use a partner consultant to implement. This may be due mostly to the fact that as a small company, we do not have the internal IT resources; the initial implementation without a partner stalled due to resource and communication issues.

User friendly product. Great customer support

Jean D.
Financial Planning & Reporting Mgr
Detailhandel, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We generate our reporting package quicker and with less errors. Our planning process runs more smoothly and efficiently again with less errors. We are able to consolidate our plans quicker.

Pluspunten: How easy it is to create basic reporting and customize and scheduled distribution. Interface that is scheduled nightly to automatically populate Host with data from our G/L. Consolidation of our plan is more efficient and timely so changes aren't such a nightmare to make.

Minpunten: Quarterly releases are great, but they don't give you enough time to test them before they are automatically put into production.

OVerall is a great tool for the ease of standardizing and managing our reports.

Han S.
Manager, FP&A REPORTING & ANALYTICS.
Farmaceutica, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our reporting process became easier for end users. The Support and CFL team from Host also helped us tremendously for our users from day to day basis!!

Pluspunten: The application made reporting a piece of cake with automated distribution. The planning tool helped us standardize our budgeting process and we're very impressed with the workforce planning module that helped us easily managing our headcount and compensation estimate.

Minpunten: Not the most user friendly application for budgeting purpose. The access was made easy with SSO solution, but the timeout issue causing customers to complain.

High Quality Financial Reporting Platform

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
Controller
Administratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Used this software to simplify reporting from 8 companies with varying charts of accounts and 10,000 accounts to a single, comparable reporting structure. Greatly reduced effort and time spent on consolidating and preparing financial reports.

Pluspunten: Dynamic reports and the ability to get the precise financial information you need, with drill down capabilities is a huge plus. Can include links to images of transaction source documents, providing great transparency in reporting. Spotlight for Excel add in to develop custom, refreshable reports is a great help. Forecasting and budgeting tools are good as well.

Minpunten: Learning curve of implementing a new software for financial reporting is always going to be somewhat significant, but there are several quirks in data loads and reporting cube processing that make things harder than they should be.

2+ Year User of Host Analytics EPM Platform

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2018
Senior Financial Analyst
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The ability to quickly consolidate all of our agency financials at month end and close the books in a timely manner.

Minpunten: I enjoy most things about this software, however I would have to say that I wish the Spotlight Excel add-in that Host offers would be directly connected to the Core Application, eliminating the need to maintain and update a separate model in excel so that they data comes through the Spotlight Excel reports accurately.

Host Analytics has decreased our dependency on excel and has allowed us to forecast concurrently.

David C.
Head of Financial Systems
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: We love the ease and flexibility of the tool. The monthly releases mean that the product is constantly making improvements. Administration of the core app and spotlight is straightforward and not time consuming. We can now complete a forecast in 4 hours versus a week+ that it look using excel.

Minpunten: We would love to see more data visualization features added to the core app along with a Mac compatible spotlight extension.

Host has helped us scale from ~200 employees to over 1k!

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2018
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Internet, 501-1.000 werknemers

Pluspunten: - Similar to Oracle Hyperion, but in the cloud
- Lower overhead than on premise tools
- Robust platform with more advanced feature set then other cloud tools
- Solid excel integration
- Product team responds to feedback
- Fair pricing
- No limit on size of model

Minpunten: - Attractiveness of user interface
- Template speed
- Visualizations
- Speed of new development
- Implementation took longer than expected

It's a life saver for reporting

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2017
Lauren M.
Bouwmaterialen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Ease of reporting and planning. The reports are fast to make and can very easily be taught to other users. Also since it is in the cloud, there are many tiers of security features for customization.

Minpunten: New features and cross browser supporting don't function the best. The new row sets are difficult to get to the exact detail and adjusting cold width can't be done in a cluster in chrome.

Positive, Discovery, Trial & Error

Beoordeeld op 6-7-2018
Michael Z.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Centralized data storage helps ensure we have consistent reporting on a month-to-month basis. This also eliminates many minor mistakes prevalent with externally linking excel files. Customer service is phenomenal

Minpunten: PCR can be finnicky. Modeling occasionally freezes. Modeling and PCR needs to be in touch to ensure accurate up-to-date reporting (supposed to be coming out in an update soon)

Good planning tool that integrates well with excel

Nikita J.
Finance Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Scale for team!

Pluspunten: We plan by detail and this tool allows us to do that. Modeling cloud is nice as it is more flexible.

Minpunten: This tool is good but we did a lot of customization for CAPEX, BS, cash flow forecasting which requires a lot of time.

Host Analytics has greatly improved our team's capability to quickly consolidate & close each month.

Tori B.
Sr. Financial Analyst
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software can be maintained within the finance department and without the assistance of IT. It's extremely user friendly, easy to use, and allows our team to quickly consolidate, close and provide detailed financial reports each month.

Minpunten: There's not a whole lot not to like, however it would be great if the Spotlight Add-In for reporting was somewhat easier to maintain.

The software was in place when I got here, so I have never had any formal education on it. Good!

Edward M.
Corporate Controller
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Visibility to all of our entities around the world in a timely manner!

Pluspunten: Ease of use and access! I use my mobile application and access on line from home, office, hotel and other office when traveling abroad with ease.

Minpunten: New account and entity set up is only somewhat intuitive. I do this so rarely, i really have to go back and read to set up new accounts and other entities.

Great for automating reporting and forecasting

Jamie E.
Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helps to avoid human error while providing a flexible platform in which to plan and report

Pluspunten: I like that Host is on the cloud, is very customizable by letting us have numerous templates and allows for multiple users at once

Minpunten: The software is a bit clunky at times which can lead to it running slowly. Also there are certain nuances that you have to learn which is expected

Using Host has been much more user friendly than our previous reporting and planning software.

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2017
Lanny B.
Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I like that it is user friendly, drag and drop feature makes it easy to run ad hoc reports. Love the line item detail and notes feature in the templates.

Minpunten: I would love to be able to use the workforce reporting to run budget vs. actual HR data. I'd also love to see a dashboard available within the next year or so.

Host took a lot of data and made it usable.

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017
Mary M.
VP Finance & Admin
Groothandel, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Better use of data, easier budgeting, easier financial statement processing.

Pluspunten: Once set up, Host is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host has helped me organize into something I can use in my business. I love how I can get several financial reports with the push of a button each month. It continues to make month end easier for me. Oh yeah, I use it for budgeting too. I originally got into Host for budgeting and it has been great for that, but I have found it great for many other things. I also love the way it can grow with me. As I use the software I realize there are more things I can do. Host customers for life team is always there to help me when I explore these possibilities.

Minpunten: It can be difficult to set up a report template. Once set it is good and there are no worries. I would like to feel like I understand how it all works better, but that is a time consuming endeavor. Thankfully there is always someone available at Host to help out.

As a first timer with any EPM system it was easy to configure and learn.

Kate S.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There seem to be minimal limitations as to what it can do. With coming from nothing what I appreciate most is HA's reporting capabilities.

Minpunten: i don't really like the set up of the new currency exchange rate page. i like to be able to seem them all as we could prior to that release.

HA is really an efficient tool which made our FP&A activities automated to certain exten

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2018
Priyanka K.
Business Intelligence Engineer
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Automation , easy to use

Pluspunten: Reusable formats in Reports makes Reporting easier and customer support responds usually in hours and makes our job more easy.

Minpunten: I think they should have more tutorials on their Training website.

Director of Financial Planning & Analysis

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2018
Scott W.
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Centralizes our planning, budgeting, & forecasting efforts. Quick roll-up of updates and opportunity to copy versions for running alternate scenarios. Upload of transactional data allows for greater degree of self-service research of budget variances on the part of budget owners.

Minpunten: Core functionality doesn't lend itself to efficient sales reporting

Closest cloud experience to excel

Nikola O.
Finance Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Closest experience to excel functionalities in Cloud. Native and intuitive approach to solving traditional budgeting and forecasting. Does not require on premises dev support.

Minpunten: Initial time to set up environment and templates. If we re did the process again, I would definitely be positioned better to execute faster and more efficient.

Easy to use, customer service has not been the greatest in terms of solving our issues

Megan G.
Financial Reporting Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ability to customize the reporting to pull the data needed, the ability to automatically send reports to other users

Minpunten: No complaints of the software based on the limited usage for my role. Only complaint is that the customer service was not the most responsive to our needs in terms of correcting an issue we were having with the software (we ended up correcting the issue internally).

Very slow, but highly customizable

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2016
Bradley G.
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Implemented this software solution at my office. It was less expensive than some of the other providers, and we expected the product to perform as such. There are some drawbacks to the product, but I think these are in-line with the price.

Pluspunten: Very deep database and highly flexible integration with our disparate data feed.

Minpunten: Slow. A data pull is not immediate and can cause some frustration if data is not pulled 100% accurately the first time. Collaboration can also be difficult, as the individual models are fragile and must be updated online.

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2017
Andrea C.
Analyst
Online media, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great experience for me. We have a dedicated business systems resource on our team who helps a lot.

Pluspunten: I like the flexibility and fluidity of working in the cloud so there is no more verison-ing of excel files and having to wait for input from others.

Minpunten: There is definitely some upfront legwork to get input templates/reports where you want them to be. But once you have something you like, it's much easier to work with from there.

Host has helped reduce the amount of time previously spent manually keying into Excel.

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2017
Pam P.
Senior Accountant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: My favorite thing about Host is it has eliminated manually keying excel spreadsheets. We are able to hook into our financial system and are able to upload the data that we need which has drastically reduced the amount of human error.

Minpunten: The interface is pretty dated. I also mainly use chrome as my browser and there seems to be a lag time when scrolling in a template which is a bit of a pain.

Financial Planning tool with great reporting!

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2017
Daniel F.
Sr Financial Analyst
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Pluspunten: Great reporting tool
Fully customizable to your business
Able to assign different users with different permissions/access

Minpunten: Not self-serve initial setup, but most financial planning software falls under this category
Initially it can seem a bit daunting to remember everything, but it gets better

Host Analytics. An upgrade to our budgeting and reporting software.

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2018
Alan M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Host Analytics is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host helped me organize it and use it in my business, several financial reports with the push of a button each month and budgeting too. It makes month end easier. Great customer service team always there when help is needed.

Minpunten: It can be difficult to set up a report template. Not all the modules have the same reporting tools. The functionality in the HR module and capital needs improvement.