Benchmark Email reviews

Over Benchmark Email

Kant-en-klare e-mailmarketing en marketing automation voor kleine tot middelgrote bedrijven over de hele wereld. Ondersteund in 9 talen

Meer informatie over Benchmark Email

It was easy to turn a web post into an email, and list captures were fully integrated.

Most of the email appears to be arriving in people's spam inboxes. Can't seem to resend email to people who have soft bounces.

Beoordelingen van Benchmark Email

4,0
Waar voor je geld

Benchmark Email heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 167 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Benchmark Email eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (167)

Pablo
Pablo
Project Manager in Spanje
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

e-mail marketing for dummies

5,0 vorige week Nieuw

WE use benchmark to send all kinds of e-mails: from internal communications to present things to customers. Love the easy way to produce content.

I would like to introduce more videos, but the tool doesn't make it easy.

Manuel
Manuel
Marketing Publicity Manager in Mexico
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Email through this app is inexpensive and comes with an excellent user interface

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: When choosing an email marketing service, I primarily considered well-known tools. I reviewed the free demo versions of these tools when making a comparison. One tool in particular stood out above the rest: Benchmark Email. I started using it immediately without any need for a manual. Additionally, its price is cheaper than other domestic email sending tools. The reporting features are also easy to comprehend and understand. Therefore, I recommend Benchmark Email to anyone that has recently switched to an email marketing tool and isn't fluent in marketing automation terminology.

Email marketing consists of many different functions. These include setting up segments, measuring open and click thru rates and pausing delivery. It's also extremely cost-effective if it can create landing pages and is easy to use. Programming knowledge is not required to use these functions, workshops are held for this purpose. This app provides easy-to-use email software with a reasonable price. Even if you don't know how to use it, you can still create attractive emails with intuitive operations. The app makes it simple to view information like the open rate

Even though it currently has limited functionality, it would be great if the EMA tool was more than just a mailing list. I hope it eventually becomes the best tool that's more than just a middle-of-the-road tool like MA.

Judith
CEO/Bus Dev in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Waiting For the Beta

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them. But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence. On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you. There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Reactie Benchmark Email

6 jaar geleden

Hi Judith, We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well. We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page. Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after. Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

President and CEO in VS
Fondsenwerving, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Great customer service!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm impressed with how professional they are, as well as how accessible. It's not hard to reach someone when something goes wrong (which is usually due to my inexperience with their interface).

Benchmark is head and shoulders above our experiences with other firms. While the interface is not quite as intuitive as I would like, it is easy enough to master, and there is ample customer service to help along the way. I cannot say enough good things about the people I've dealt with there so far.

I did have a problem with importing a graphic, even though it was in a format normally accepted (jpeg). Haven't found the time to resolve this, but that's on me, not them.

Andrew
Research Manager in Vietnam
Marktonderzoek, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use platform

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Andrew, Thank you for the review and high rating. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability. - Benchmark Team

CEO in Polen
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

Happy customer

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team

Abed
Therapist, Geologist, Researcher in Libanon
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 11-50 werknemers

Benchmark Email

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: No benefits yet

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet. One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk. Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Craig
Operations Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

An Antiquated Platform With Horrible Customer Service

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Benchmark simply didn't meet our needs. Switching to Mailchimp was simple and one of the best decisions we could have made at the time.

The overall functionality of the system was adequate and did what we needed it to do at the time (2011-2012). System was fairly intuitive

Bounce rates would change drastically for no apparent reason. Customer support was of no assistance at the time and was located offshore, so they were hard to reach during our normal business hours. We rarely dealt with the same rep, which was time consuming as we had to explain our situation on multiple occasions.

Jaden Rose
CEO in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to Use Email Marketing

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Chief Executive Officer in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Used for our monthly investor updates

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.

Juan
WebMaster in Costa Rica
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Unlimited emails per day, this is how I summarize this efficient platform

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: In the company where we use this tool, we send between 10,000 and 15,000 emails a day, the most important thing is that at the end of the month there are more than 250,000 emails to our databases, with open rates always above 10% and with tools tracking, landing pages and many other functions we have always stressed that Benchmark Email is the best company of its kind in the world. Others much more recognized may offer the same, but at prices well above what they grant, so you will always be grateful with this tool

The main feature to highlight is the price (what they provide for that excellent price is hard to match for many other competing companies) and its excellent function of being able to send thousands of emails per day to my lists, without thinking that they will charge me extras or that my emails will end.

It will sound strange, but in more than 5 years of using this Benchmark Email platform, we have never had problems of any kind, they have always served us excellently, they have always offered us improvements at unbeatable prices and we have never had problems.

Amanda
Marketing Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 10.000+ werknemers

Good but better customer communication needed

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Amanda, Thanks for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration. - Benchmark Team

Jessica
Director in Ecuador
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Review

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review and high rating! Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel. - Benchmark Team

Intern in Nigeria
Milieudiensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Hello, Thanks for your review. - Benchmark Team

Owner in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Benchmark Email Saves me money

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Benchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I’m able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it’s a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I’ve tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .

Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it’s openings and click rates.

The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I’m on an iPad not a PC .

4 jaar geleden

Hi, Thank you for your review and high rating. We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features. - Benchmark Team

Kristina
PTA Newsletter Editor in VS
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: FREE Subscription!

That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

6 jaar geleden

Hello Kristina, We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative. All the best! - Daniel Miller

Shawn
Coordinator in Canada
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Benchmark E-mail for Marketing E-Blasts

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Generally positive. It's our main e-mail blast marketing tool.

List management is very user friendly. That's the biggest plus for me. Easy to integrate sign-up forms.

Sometimes the builder (drag and drop, not HTML) is a little buggy. It seems to be getting better.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review! In regards to your concern sometimes something as simple as copy and pasting can affect the builder. Here's a link to our knowledgebase on the topic: https://cutt.ly/OYkx3c. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach our to our support team here: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz - Benchmark Team

Diane
Director in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Great way to Communicate!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This has been the best e-mail system we have used. Consistent in delivery, accurate reporting, and analytics.

Benchmark has provided a consistent marketing opportunity for us. The analytics provided are a great added feature to emails. I love the resend option, and the ability to see failure rate and open rate of each e-mail so that we can adapt our wording.

I wish there was an easier way to work with images and templates, and not have to scroll through all uploaded.

Stephanie
5s teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

School newsletters

5,0 4 jaar geleden

It is a very simple and also my program. I absolutely loved how easy it was to figure out the program. This program made writing school news letters fun. With the changing of colors for the background to the changing on font, this software was great. Parents loved receiving updates on their children and seeing pictures of their children enjoying their week at school.

When I would upload a photo it would rotate it upside down. It was a minor issue and it was simple to rotate it right side up.

4 jaar geleden

"This program made writing school newsletters fun." We loved that Stephanie! Thank you for sharing that with us and your high rating. Regarding the uploading of your photo, let us know if it were to ever happen again. We're here to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Jenna
Marketing in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Not user friendly + Crashed multiple times in the few weeks

1,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have decided to move to MailChimp. We are in the process of shifting over now. Thank you for the last few years of your support and service but we have experienced much unnecessary frustration with your features and stability.

Comfort as we have used your software for years. Time to time, I get a supervisor who can actually understand my query and answer my question properly.

Customer Service reps follow a script and do not read my initial query leading me to repeat myself and get really frustrated. Not all but most. Limitations on features such as editing html coded emails and not being able to upload html files. Limited to copy pasting html coded text. The Last Straw: Glitches and Crashing. For the past few months, I have gotten an error message when editing an image. There seems to be alot of crashes in the last few weeks. One day the whole site was down for HOURS. We were in the process of finalize an email to distribute to our members. As a result, we had to send the timely email late.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Jenna, We are sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time you were with us. - Benchmark Team

Gavin
Gavin
Sales & Marketing in Canada

Love our experience with Benchmark so far!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

We love how easy it is to build emails in benchmark. The drag and drop editor is perfect for our newsletters.

Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.

5 jaar geleden

Gavin, Thanks for the review and sharing your experience with others :) . In regards to matching fonts with your brand, I know it can be a pain sometimes, specially since we only show web-friendly fonts and styles. You are able to make custom font changes if you play with the HTML code though. Here is a quick blog that can help you with that: https://www.psd2html.com/blog/non-web-fonts.html

Kristin
Brand Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 201-500 werknemers

Benchmark review

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!

The drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.

The contact list upload can be hit or miss. Sometimes lists are uploaded, reviewed but then show no contacts without a stated reason.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Kristin, Thank you for the review. Chat with us whenever you have a concern about a feature. We'll gladly assist you. - Benchmark Team

VP, Marketing & Communications in VS
Consumentengoederen, 11-50 werknemers

I recommended Benchmark to a friend today!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great option for low-budget/no-budget marketing teams!

I think it is SO much more user-friendly than other email services. In general, it's drag and drop and extremely flexible. You can do quite a bit with a no-cost version, including more emails per month than I could ever use.

I would like more image storage for the level I use.

Marvin
Director of operations in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great product

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Nothing at all that I can think of.

4 jaar geleden

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business. - Benchmark Team

Ean
Co-Founder in VS
Medische apparatuur, 11-50 werknemers

Benchmark is great for Small Companies getting started

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been good. whenever there is an issue the support team has been great!

Pricing is nice, and i like that the Email automation is in a flow chart. it makes it easy to understand

i've tried to go back to a free program for a few months while i wasn't using Benchmark... but i'm stuck on the plan i chose unless i cancel. i have multiple users on the system... but users can't access email s form other users :/

Hello Ean, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team