Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Stephen B.
Customer Service Representative
Design en ontwerp, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with OnBase has been excellent. I don't know what I would do without it as far as keeping me organized. I recommend this software to anyone that has countless PDFs they need to keep a record of and have the option of retrieving at any given moment.

Pluspunten: OnBase is excellent for keeping copies of all my client's purchase orders in one place. The layout is user friendly and very simple to use. I mainly use it to keep track of countless numbers of PDFs I have on file. Once imported in to OnBase, I am able to retrieve those files with a simple search. It's been a lifesaver for keeping me organized.

Minpunten: The only issue I have with OnBase is a minor annoyance. When I am importing documents, I am not able to drag and drop multiple files at a time. If I have 10 files to import, then I have to do 10 separate imports for each. Other than that, I do not have any complaints.

Best ECM software on the market with great workflow capability

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017
OnBase Administrator
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Drastically improved workflow processes and document management/retention.

Pluspunten: Best workflow engine I have ever seen, allows point and click configurable workflows with almost no need for custom scripting (though that is an option). The way it organizes document types is the best I have seen and has a LOT of capabilities for integrating with other line of business systems. The interface is very modern looking as long as you are using the desktop Unity Client or the Web based client. They also offer mobile applications that work very well.

Minpunten: Though the scanning features are very good and getting better the forms recognition still isn't as good as most dedicated scanning applications. Also the cost of OnBase tends to be higher than many others but I do find that you get what you pay for.

Onbase is extremely versatile, but it takes time to learn the software and what it is capable of.

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2018
Implementation Specialist
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Onbase daily for my job, so I see benefits in streamlining and automating process through workflow which save me thousands of hours a year.

Pluspunten: It's unique, extremely versatile, and has thousands of integration's. It's extremely useful for a lot of different purposes. Specifically I've used this for document management. It has numerous options for user administration, which is helpful. There are modules for just about everything you can think of, and most are well-made and do their job.

Minpunten: There is a steep learning curve to Onbase. The software licensing is not always cheap or ideal, and sometimes you can hit a brick wall due to unforeseen issues. Someone with a deep understanding of the software is an invaluable asset to any implementation.

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018
Customer Service Representative
Design en ontwerp, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I enjoy OnBase for its straightforward easy to use setup. I am able to import my customer's purchase orders and bill of materials in OnBase in seconds. This then gives me the ability to pull them up at any given time by the purchase order or sales order. When talking to my clients, I am able to refer back to their documents quickly by using OnBase.

Minpunten: My biggest issue with OnBase is when importing PDF files, you are not able to drag and drop more than one file at a time. Sometime I am needing to import several related documents at the same time but have to take the time to import each file one by one. Having the option to import an entire folder or more that file at a time would be a huge time saver.

Our organization utilizes OnBase for our invoicing, approvals, and T/E, which serves us very well.

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2018
Accountant - Internal Controls
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: OnBase allows our organization to swiftly process invoices, approvals, T/E reimbursements, and house all backup data for transactions. The software is very user friendly and would be an asset to any organization looking to upgrade their Accounts Payable department.

Pluspunten: OnBase is a great software to utilize when wanting a virtual database that can easily be accessed and used by users of all experience levels. The software does an excellent job in communicating with other programs, which allows our organization to have the peace of mind our financial system is correct.

Minpunten: The only con I have at this time is a few options, such as the print option, are not as easily accessible as previous options. It would be great to have the CNTRL-P option to print again.

Using OnBase in Higher Education

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2018
Denny S.
Associate University Registrar
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Within the Registrar's Office, we utilize OnBase and it's ability to use OCR functionality to capture information from students' transcripts for input into our student information system. This alone eliminates dozens of hours of manual labor each week. On top of that, it is a reliable, quick, enterprise imaging solution.

Pluspunten: OnBase provides a feature-rich imaging solution that is beloved on our campus. In addition to being a solid imaging solution, OnBase features a powerful workflow engine that allows for easy automation of processes.

Minpunten: Depending upon how it is being used, the number of options can be somewhat intimidating. However, once a user is briefed on how to utilize the system and its tools, this is no longer an issue.

Been working with this vendor and software for 3 years to develop solutions for customers at my job.

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2018
William A.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Onbase is truly an ECM software that can capture all of a companies business processes. From AP, and AR, to HR and even healthcare solutions, Onbase has features and functionality that allows for a wide array of solutions and configurations. Simple back-end for managers and administrators, as well as a good UI for end-users.

Minpunten: The wide range of configuration options and features means it takes years to learn all the capabilities of the software. Onbase support is often times unhelpful for more complicated configurations and network dependencies, often taking days/weeks to resolve more complicated issues.

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2018
Bonnie M.
Educator
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We were lucky to have been using OnBase for our document storage system, not every school in the district chose to use OnBase like we did. Being able to transfer the scanned documents from OnBase into our previous database system was different at first, but we quickly caught on how to use it. Recently the district switched to a new application system only to find that they can't upload documents directly into it. When it was announced that all schools would need to use OnBase we are happy, as we are already ahead of everyone else! Our transition to the new software has been almost seamless.

Pluspunten: OnBase allows us to securely store and safely access student records easily.

Minpunten: When I first started using OnBase i had the older version (looked like an old DOS or mainframe system), and it was hard to sometimes locate student records, and/or see if there were more levels (additional documents) for the same student. But once I switched to the newer version I was able to easily see much more and drill down when a single student had more than one document scanned into OnBase.

OnBase is a versatile, robust electronic document management system. I have been continually pleased

Beoordeeld op 22-12-2017
Network Engineer\OnBase Administrator
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It doesn't seem obvious, but implementing this software helped us standardize our business processes. Obvious benefits are that we were able to streamline processes and keep our business documentation in one place.

Pluspunten: OnBase is very versatile, so it can be configured to work within you environment, whatever it looks like.

Minpunten: Because it is so versatile, trying to figure out exactly how to build it out can be a bit confounding. Sometimes it's simpler to take a canned version of a thing and implement it, but that isn't usually the best bet.

Versatile system, but still has a few limitations

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2018
Solange C.
Associate Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Centralized document retention and management cloud based system

Pluspunten: The ability to be Green and scan emails, word docs, excel spreadsheets directly into onbase without having to print the items first

Minpunten: The user unfriendliness of generating statistical reports from the system requires the assistance of an administrator. Everyday users are not able to easily configure reports. Also administrators are sometimes unable to generate adhoc reports

OnBase has gone downhill

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
Randy Z.
Sr. Applications developer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: all in one document and workflow management software, but the pros end there.
OnBase 13 was great, OnBase 17 not so much

Minpunten: we upgraded from OnBase 13 to OnBase 17 and let me tell you it is a disaster. OnBase 17 is slower substantially in every category. We are using a click once install, now it has to check the server every time you open, word, or excel, outlook or even OnBase itself for a new version, which sounds great, but this can take 30-45 seconds EVERYTIME you want to open a document. Switching from inbox to related items is very slow, 6-10 seconds, which doesn't seem like a lot, but over the course of a day where you do this 70 times, well you do the math for wasted productivity. And then there is the Random errors that constantly come up on a users system that has worked just fine for months, but there is no solution to that either. Hyland support is virtually non existent, their only solutions are run this software utility that they have. Nothing is ever resolved, they just keep "kicking the can down the road", or tell us to update to version 18. sorry after this disaster our next upgrade will be to something else. Our business users are screaming to go back to version 13.

Great software

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2019
Sonya B.
Fiscal Associate-Customer Service Specialist Accounts Payable
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: First when I was learning about this software, I learned that so much can be done just in this system. Its so flexible that it can be used for accounting, hr, etc. The main page of this software is build-able and can be used to keep track of employees progress.

Minpunten: Sometimes this software freezes when you scroll around through multiple thing. You have to restart the program many times.

LOVE THIS SOFTWARE

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Skilled Recruiter
Werving en selectie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I used this software while working for a credit union and we were really working about the implementation/switch but honestly it was so smooth besides a few system bugs. That's where their awesome customer service comes in.

Minpunten: I really don't have much to report that I didn't like. Maybe just the speed of the system, but that can always be because of network connectivity issues.

Good Paperless Option

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018
Customer Service Specialist
Overheidsadministratie, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: OnBase made the conversion to paperless relatively seamless for my office.

Pluspunten: OnBase offers a lot of great features that make it easy for users to adapt to working with scans of the documents, rather than the documents themselves. It offers several options for organizing, searching, and file managing.

Minpunten: At times it can be difficult to navigate - and can be rather intimidating without proper training. But with proper training, it's pretty easy to use.

My A/P program

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2019
Marishia Q.
Vendor Relations Analyst
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a vendor analyst in accounts payable, and this is one of our main programs.

Pluspunten: This is an effective program for accounts payable and is easy to learn and manipulate data for entry.

Minpunten: This program is easy to problem shoot should an issue occur, and I see nothing difficult about it's performance.

Complex and Complete. Quick ROI

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2016
Phillip V.
Application Administrator
Kleding en mode, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am an application administrator, working to improve business functions and reduce process costs with OnBase.

Pluspunten: This software is complex!! It allows you to do a myriad of things all in the name of streamline your workflow.

Minpunten: This software is complex! It takes time to grow comfortable in managing it. There are so many companion apps necessary to be successful that it can be costly.

Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2018
Krysti L.
Advising and Admissions Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like how you have all documents link together so when you search a name, everything pulls up.

Minpunten: I don’t like that we don’t have the ability to have a workflow or a way to send documents to other departments. If there is that ability , it should be standard for universities.

OnBase is used in my daily tasks to view documents

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018
Erica T.
Advising and Admissions Coordinator
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being able to see student documents on site and off site when needed to evaluate and assess their files appropriately.

Pluspunten: OnBase makes it easy to view student documents and files to evaluate student files and assess their transcripts. Saving and printing documents when needed is easy to do as well. This system makes my job easier.

Minpunten: The document not found area is a bit hard to understand, however once you learn the system it is easy to figure out.

Resold via Wausau IMS

Beoordeeld op 18-5-2017
Raul S.
VP IT Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Very modular and customizeable. Very solid software. The IMS support is excellent and responsive.

Minpunten: I get the best support from Wausau. If there is an issue that is refererd to Hyland then it takes a while to get resolved

The Ferrari of content management

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018
Gerente de Operaciones y Servicios
Publieke zaken, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Excellent content manager, excellent as a bpm, you can get the Mix with other systems (dynamics, outlook, your core software) and it woks perfectly

Minpunten: It’s expensive! But every cents worth it

Reliable customer tracking software

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Brian F.
IT
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The support at Hyland is great and they can find workarounds for all issues.

Pluspunten: Onbase is a front end for a database system that can track customers in unique industries where other software does not meet customer needs. The software interface is reliable and easy to navigate. Best of all it is highly customizable. Reporting off of the database tables can be tricky as they are not named logically but by codes/numbers.

Minpunten: Licensing per user is a expensive. Frequent updates/service patches that require vendor support.

Simplify your life with Onbase

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2018
Accountant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use OnBase whenever a department needs to know if a check is cashed. I type the check number and immediately I can view an image of the check.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use, great storage capability. We use to store images of checks and it can store the information for many years.

Minpunten: The new version of OnBase makes item more difficult to view.

Great for document management

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018
Executive Assistant to CFO
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is a great program for anyone trying to go green. It's a time saver for me which is key in my work area.

Pluspunten: I use this everyday to access documents for credentialing, I really love the fact that everything is all in one place for me to find. Document management is key and saves me time.

Minpunten: Make sure you get the right training, this program can be a bit confusing until you know what your doing and where your going.

Great content management

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2018
Tiffany O.
Communications Specialist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I like how all our documents can be scanned and saved on the system which gives me access to pretty much any document at any time. It's easy to search for documents as well using the different filters.

Minpunten: Nothing. It works great and is desktop based so it's very reliable. I suppose if you have a lot of documents saved in the system it can take a bit longer to filter at times.

Does a lot but takes some getting used to

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2017
Joshua L.
Station Manger
Public relations en communicatie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It allowed us to save and keep documents in a central location.

Pluspunten: The software does what it does well. Documents can be viewed and it allows complex hierarchies. It just work, doesn't seem to have bugs or problems.

Minpunten: It's a bit difficult to use, takes a bit of a learning curve. And this is nitpicky, but it's not really a beautiful piece of software. It looks kind of outdated.