Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Eaglesoft

HIPAA-conforme, lokaal geïmplementeerde oplossing voor praktijkbeheer waarmee medische faciliteiten patiëntendossiers, betalingen en meer kunnen beheren.

Meer informatie over Eaglesoft

I am learning Eaglesoft without training and find that it is very user friendly. I had filled in at a couple offices and they just did not have time to train me so I just had to figure it out.

How slow it can be at times and error messages.

Beoordelingen van Eaglesoft

4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,9

Eaglesoft heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 147 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Eaglesoft eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (147)

Sean
Sean
Dentist in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

I much prefer EagleSoft over other Dental Practice Management software on the market.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Eaglesoft since 2002 and am very glad I made the choice to do so. If I had to do it all over again I would not have changed a thing.

It is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Most functions are graphical so if you have a difficult time doing something you can figure it out just by looking. Well integrated products including their imaging software.

New staff struggle a bit because it is not the most popular software out there, but once they learn they are hooked!

4 jaar geleden

We are happy to hear you are loving Eaglesoft. Thank you for providing feedback. If there are any additional questions or training help we can provide for some of the new staff please contact us at 800-475-5036

Nancy

Excellent Practice Management Software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Eaglsoft for more than 20 years. It is so user friendy and it is easy to train new team members to use. I have used other practice management software in the past and none of them are as good as Eaglesoft.

Eaglesoft offers so many features to make practice management so much easier. Their reports, charting and treatment planning are so organized. I love the insurance aging report and how you can make notes that can be tracked and filtered through the insurance outstanding claim window. This saves so much time. There are so many features to list that we love.

I would have to say the only thing as this time I would like to see improve is to be able to print patient notes from their chart note screen instead of having to go to patient master notes.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you have been a customer for over 20 years and love so many things about Eaglesoft. We are also excited to share that our new Eaglesoft version 21.20 does include an update allowing you to print notes from the chart screen. Please contact our support team to get the update.

Dir of Information Technology / Chief Security Officer in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Excellent "hub" for managing all aspects of your BUT Patterson's lack of attention to 2018 Security Standards should make it a non starter or at minimum give pause before implementing

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As the Chief Security Officer and Director of IT for a mid-size dental practice, and as someone who manages Product Management for delivering enterprise security products for some of the largest organizations in the world, for all the good that Eaglesoft potentially provides to a practice, there is no way in good conscience I could / would recommend the product based on its inability, and the company's lack of desire, to address basic issues that contribute to poor security. Our practice has spend multiple thousands of dollars and increased network complexity, in order to mitigate, to our risk assessment satisfaction, and address both our HIPAA HITECH and PCI compliance obligations ariybd these basic issues. EagleSoft did take steps in version 18 to improve the security of its database and protect patent data at rest which was both commendable and expected under HIPAA HITECH. However, other basic security best practices, Patterson has demonstrated absolutely no desire or willingness to address. Prior to posting this review, I reached out to Patterson notifying them of these issues, and offering to partner with the organization to address. I was politely told "no thank you" and that "they had no intention of addressing the issues in the near future." That was in Oct 2017. The basic issues are: 1. The product forces you to have your practice users have local administrative privileges on the workstation - This runs completely counter to the "least privilege" principal of security that states that a user should have the absolute least amount of privileges required to perform a set of tasks. As a result of this requirement - we cannot sufficiently lockdown our computing environment to sufficiently address Change Management. Further, if a practice user shoul inadvertantly stumble upon something from the internet that our Symantec Endpoint protection should miss, this single issue creates a condidiotn where the malicious code can propogate across the network faster then we could contain it. That is because our staff move between 11 treatment rooms. Wev've been forced to do heavy network segmenting as a mitigation tactic so that we could contain an outbreak or other malicious code providing us sufficient time to detect and respond. There is absolutely no reason, except for lazy coding practices, that in 2018 and Windows 7 and higher platforms that Eaglesoft cannot easily adapt their Win32 UI to run without fear of error when the user is logged onto the workstation as nothing more then a local system or domain User. 2. The second security flaw is that it is predicated on an idea that all users are using a shared credential at the workstation. While I understand that this is normal behavior in historical practices, and even today in smaller practices who choose simplicity vs. other risk, the product can be and should be able to easily adapt to an environment where each practice user has their own unique network login. It is already a requirement in PCI, and expect that in future HITECH updates that multi-factor authentication, i.e. OTP will become increasingly required. This inability to cleanly address multiple user profiles results in:
2.1 Violation of security best practices because it obscures tracability of action on the network.
2.2 When each user has their own system login, Eaglesoft forces you to go in and make sure that each person is individually setup to leverage common resources like X-Rays, Oral Cameras, etc. This makes moving from room to room difficult because for less technical users it makes it impossible to seamless work in any room where they may have never worked before because configurations cannot be set at a workstation level and traverse all profiles.
2.3 Eaglesoft does not provide the ability to integrate natively with Active Directory. I can understand, and fully accept Patterson's decision for Eaglesoft itself to be its own standalone Authentication and Authorization mechanism. It makes perfect sense because Patterson does not want to have an inherent mandate that AD be a prerequisite. In small practices that would too much. However, with that said, I know for 100% sure that it is not brain surgery to equip a product with its own authentication and authorization schema to leverage AD authentication and authorization if AD is present. I've done it multiple times in multiple enterprise scale products. I would expect that it should be possible if AD is present that I should be able to map an AD account to an Eaglesoft account. Today my users have to sign on twice. Once to the workstation and then to Eaglesoft, when once would be sufficient.
To be blunt, these security issues above make it very hard for those of us with an information security background we are hard pressed to not look negligent if / when a security breach occurs and someone evaluates our due diligence against established security best practices. In summary, for all of the wonderful capabilities of Eaglesoft that in many ways makes it a "must have" for our practice. But in truth, If it wasn't for the fact that it was easier and cheaper to incur the additional network complexity and operations costs then it would be to detangle the practice's operations from Eaglesoft and migrate to an alternative platform we would have replaced Eaglesoft over a year ago.

When it comes to managing the end-to-end operations of a practice, Eaglesoft really can be a one-stop solution for providers as well as the front office. This improves efficiency and drives value that can be realized from the software investment, but it really does require the organization to be "all in" with regards to fully implementing Eaglesoft to realize its full value

Reporting effectively needs to be blown up and started over. While there are several out-of-box reports, there is no way to customize reporting that does not require getting Eaglesoft involved, and in many cases it goes absolutely nowhere. There are so many better reporting technologies and capabilities that enable template reports to become hundreds of other reports, and Patterson desperately needs to get a 21st century reporting capability added to the product. Eaglesoft desperately needs a new web-based UI. the 32 bit UI in 2018 is difficult, and subscribes to a user mode that is quickly becoming out dated. Watching our hygienist and doctors use the product day-in and day-out I see many areas where a new UI with a new Reporting engine would go a long long ways in rejuvenating a product that is otherwise very capable in facilitating the management of a practice

Whitley
Insurance & marketing coordinator in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Eaglesoft is great - not many drawbacks

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We enjoy it - helps us stay organized and keep track of patients and referrals! Overall great company and software

We really enjoy the ease of logging in and changing appts, and keeping patients information up to date - had great reminders and ease of use with statements etc.

There are some glitches that will occasionally pop up, the company doesn’t ever reach out ahead of time and warn you. You usually end up finding out when you call in to find out what’s going on. Eaglesoft just like any softwares can have issues just get ahead of them and reach out before hand

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing how it is helping your practice stay organized and keep patient information up to date!

Rebecca
Insurance Coordinator in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great program in the dental world, easy to use.

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Eaglesoft is great, the customer service is beyond amazing and they always answer any questions I may have.

Love the features of sending claims and using the attachments. Check eligibilty right thru the program is easy and a must.

The programs tends to freeze up at times and can be frustrating.

12 maanden geleden

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We agree that automating your insurance processes, especially through our Eaglesoft Insurance Suite, is a must to make that workflow easier and save time.

Phil
Phil
CEO in VS
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Eagle has landed, but a bit too Soft (needs more Ummph!)

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was great. But since 2020, looks very dated. Many old icons and options that no one uses anymore. It's time to rewrite the entire software from the bottom up, a super fresh makeover. Outdated coding makes it hard for the writers to catch up with technology.

Good integration between the schedule, the images, the treatment plan. Love how we are able do the same task using 2-3 different ways.

1) very poor customization with teeth charting2) non-intuitive and complex menus3) very slow to incorporate latest technology (still cannot use on apple devices / takes at least 6 months to be able to install after every new windows version)3) not mobile friendly (in 2022 - can you believe that?)

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review! Please contact our support team at 800-475-5036. We would like to talk through how to set up chart preferences, how to navigate toolbars/icons/shortcuts as well as how to use Eaglesoft Mobile.

Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Eagle Soft in your Dental practice

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it helped me get my jobs done. I could follow the patient from the waiting room, to exam room, to checkout, without ever having to move. It had amazing pre-set notes to help out assistants who were just starting out as well. The bonus to using this software in my office, is that it was the main software I was taught while in dental assisting school, so I was able to follow it much easier. Also, this software is promoted a lot in the dental world. When you hear of another one, it's extremely new to you, because chances are you've never heard of it before. But eaglesoft, everyone knows!

I enjoyed the color coordination that the software offers. This is one of it's features that make it a little easier to figure out it's navigation. It has an excellent ability to be compatible to many different forms of equipment through out the dental office.

The font is the most aggravating thing that I had to deal with while using this software. I did not like the layout, and how small the font was during the typing of clinical notes. I felt like I spent a lot of time correcting things, simply because I could not see it well. This was also years ago, and they may have added the choice to adjust this by now.

Adam
Adam
IT Manager in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

EagleSoft has grown over the years.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is dental software that get the jobs done. It works in larger operations.

I've used Eagle soft for close to 12-14 years now. It gets the job done. We use it to manage 15 offices through out the state. In the early days doing this was very cumbersome. Over the years the software has allowed us to report on all aspects across the various offices.

The consulting cost to get it installed and running is kinda high. Shop around and see if you can find some decent consultants. This issue is that since it is niche software you are kinda stuck.

Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Eaglesoft

4,0 5 jaar geleden

It was very easy to learn for someone who had no experience in the dental field. It had plenty of features to keep us organized and running effectively even with transitioning patient files from paper to fully electronic. Excellent for a small dental business!

Very little to be disliked. Graphics could be more appealing and other small things like that but overall functionality is excellent.

KATHY
Business Manager in VS

Eaglesoft Review

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Ease of use. For the most part it is easy to use. Answers are easy to find if you have questions.

Getting kicked out or locked up when using during the day.

Traci
Treatment Coordinator in VS

Easily teachable

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I like that when I first used Eaglesoft, I was able to learn the most basic features very quickly. Learning more over the years, I am able to utilize most needed to get my job done as well as teach new comers.

I do not like that the alerts do not pop up when I go to walk out. Some alerts we made were account related. I also wish there were a cloud-based version of this although, given the data and memory capacity, I know that would not be possible.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are happy to hear you are sharing your Eaglesoft knowledge with others! As far as the Alerts, you can select specific areas within Eaglesoft that you alerts to appear. If you go to Eaglesoft Preferences, on the Alerts tab you can select Walkout Statement as an option for patient, account or prescription alerts to pop up. Please contact our Support team for more info if needed!

Katelyn
Owner/Dentist in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Eaglesoft is my preferred patient management software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used four different patient management software programs, and Eaglesoft is my favorite of the four. The support offered is wonderful, and overall the platform is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Fairly user friendly, lots of different applications and features that are easy to navigate and use. Front office and administration and clinical staff alike can all navigate the platform and use the features to their advantage.

Some of the billing features are cumbersome and hard to navigate, would like to be able to control more aspects of the patient account/ledger.

Meagan
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Our Daily Software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has made it easier knowing that anything that we need can be found in one place. We are also able to scan in documents to they are easy to get to without searching the entire paper chart.

I love that all of our needs for a patient are right at our fingertips! Patient information, charting, imaging and billing in one location.

We do run into problems where computers become disconnected from the main server but customer support is there to help us every time and get us up running again quickly.

4 jaar geleden

Hello! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with connection to the main server. There can be a variety of reasons but most often it is related to a network issue. We recommend that you continue to call our support team to properly diagnose and resolve the issue quickly. They are happy to help! Our software team is glad to hear that you are pleased with the ease of patient features.

Sarah
RDH in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Extremely user-friendly

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I loved this software. We have been testing many other software lately (all cloud-based). So far, non of them quite compare to this one when it comes to the clinical needs. Also, being that this is server-based vs cloud-based it runs much faster.

This software was so easy to learn. It took almost no time at all to feel proficient. It has so many functions to help me in my day to day use as a clinician. It is so easy to use that I was easily cross-trained to help support the administrative staff in the front office when needed.

Being that we have 4 office locations, there was no way to link the software. You could not access the information from one office to another. We have now moved on to a cloud-based software but I still miss a lot of the functionality of Eaglesoft.

Alex
Owner in VS

EagleSoft experience

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall very happy with EagleSoft and would recommend them. Scheduling and treatment planning are pretty straightforward. There are a lot of features I have yet to discover, so some offices may get even more out of it. Some minor functions could be tweaked to be improved, but they seem to have an updated version every year or so.

Integrates well with other technology, such as our new PlanMecca Cone Beam. Can switch easily between account screens, charting, etc. I like how on the charting screen you can click on a tooth and immediately see all images and history associated with that tooth.

I would like to be able to show discounts (professional courtesy) on a treatment plan - i.e. have it deduct from the total cost.

Misty
Admin in VS

Eaglesoft

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great using Eaglesoft for the past nine years!

So user friendly. Everything is right at your fingertips. If you have any questions at all they are quickly and efficiently answered by customer service.

I really dont have any complaints for this software. If I have ever had any questions or issues it has been resolved in the matter of a few minutes by simply chatting with customer service.

2 jaar geleden

We are so thrilled to have you as a customer for the past 9 years! Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our development teams work hard to make Eaglesoft easy to use and our Support team members take pride in quickly answering customer questions.

Bethany

User friendly

4,0 3 jaar geleden

* Ease of treatment planning and printing treatment plans * Easy to be chartless * For the most part if I want it to don something I can make it do it

* At times the ledger can be difficult to understand * Need to be able to input more detailed insurance coverage; such as downgrades, age limits, waiting periods, missing tooth clause

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review! Please contact our Patterson Technology Center Support Specialists at 800-475-5036 for assistance with the ledger and insurance coverage details. Many practices use autonotes to add additional insurance details and we'd like to help you find a solution.

Christina

Do not recommend

1,0 5 jaar geleden

It's fairly easy to use and the support team when you get them on the phone tries very hard to correct the problem

Too many problems with the software and the hardware and support can not keep up with all the "fixes". We get between 25 - 30 error messages everyday and have been working non stop with support for months with no progress in finding the problem. The program constantly crashes and needs to be restarted not a good thing when you have a busy practice. I do not recommend this program to anyone!

Thor
Dentist

The quicksand that is Eaglesoft

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'd like to see new innovation that is easy to install and makes use easier. The problem is that we paid the required amount for it and now all these years later its about the same. And I dont want to pay more for a different software.

It is reliable. It's been around forever and will probably always be around and you know what your getting. It starts every time and does what it needs to do.

The software takes some time to get use to. With our new dental assistants that come in there is a learning curve. Not very intuitive.

Shelby
Treatment Coordinator in VS

Not a recommended software

3,0 6 jaar geleden

This software is great for scanning documents and there is a great task manager that comes in handy when reminding other employees to finish some thing.

The claim processing was awful, and so was treatment planning. There needs to be a "paper trail" of appointments and when they are moved. There was an appointment rescheduled and none of the employees remember doing it. If there was a "trail" we could pin point when and who spoke with the patient.

EAGLESOFT REVIEW

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using Eaglesoft at my dental practice for about 4.5 yrs now
and have been very satisfied with it.
It is a very powerful and extensive Dental Office software with many features.
I definitely recommend it when asked.

This software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn of all the dental software that I have tried.

I would like to see the software be able to better integrate devices such as intraoral cameras and digital xrays ( other than Schick).

Shantae
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Easy product to help run your practice

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I really enjoy EagleSoft, it makes it easy to schedule appointments and keep a schedule full.

I like that this software is relatively easy to use, if I find myself in a situation that I cannot fix their customer service is easy to reach.

My only complaint would be that some of our other software does not sync well with this product, which can cause some computer freezes.

Dr. K
Dentist in Canada
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Easy soft ware for paperless office

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Feels like they kept in mind the USA dentists and developed it , Canadians dentist get step motherly treatment. Upgrades come
Later here .

Easy to navigate , good set up for paperless charting and Perio . Works with Schlick and digital doc . Treatment plans are easy to enter

Poorly done accounting part and scanned documents are hard to scan in a feeder . Can’t send preds to secondary insurance edi

Sam
dental assistant in VS
Medische praktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I love how easy EagleSoft is to use. It is very user friendly. Getting around in the patient chart is easy and is easy to get from the billing aspect to the xrays.

There isn't much to not like about this product. If there is a problem when you need to call support that could take some time as you could be on hold for a while.

Jerem
Owner in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Eaglesoft is a fine practice management software.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nothing.

It has good customer support, as long as you are paying for it. If not, I am not sure how well you would function. They do updates almost yearly.

The update process can be onerous and time consuming. It can take hours to update an office. Also, the chart graphics are just ordinary. Nothing to get excited about.