A very affordable and powerful project management platform

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2019
Gerente de Innovación Tecnológica
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are being capable of making a smooth transition from our original PM processes to new business practice based on Celoxis.
We can deliver high level and top quality information about our project portfolio easily.
We have a very short delivery time for new features.
The workflow engine allows us to extend Celoxis capabilities and use a single platform for managing everyting project related.

Pluspunten: The most valuable feature in Celoxis for our PMO is its API. We've been able to do intensive integration work on less than 4 months. This has helped us to use a very user friendly adoption path, since people are not seeing disruptive changes in the way they work. What they see is a very gradual transition between their traditional tools and processes to the new ones on Celoxis. For example, for reporting time logs, we used the API to integrate Celoxis with the same GUI our consultants have used for a long time. They saw little differences in that we integrated the time codes catalog into the GUI, but as a PMO we've been able to use the time information in a very productive way in Celoxis. Now, we are gradually moving some users to entre their timesheets using the powerful Celoxis GUI.
Another very powerful feature is the workflow engine. We are also using that one a lot. Be it for managing risks, change requests, issues and project requests (the built-in original apps) or our custom made apps for agreements, business goals, stakeholder management and deliverables acceptance. And we can use all of them using Celoxis GUI, e-mail or the API.
In terms of common project management features, like the Gantt, and the way tasks are added, managed, updated, related, scheduled, etc. Celoxis performs as expected.

Minpunten: The web GUI has some limitations in terms of there not being a way to zoom, so you get an standard sized view. Personally, I like smaller text and a better use of the visible space, but there's no way to do that on Celoxis.
Another thing we don't like is that a lot of the web views are shared among all users. For instance, I set my dashboards the way I like them, but at the same time I am modifying the for all users. Also, you can create different dashboards but they share some of the widgets configuration. I currently have 3 dashboards. One for those projects I am accountable for their performance and success (my projects), a second one for projects in which I act as a PMO mentor for the project managers, and a third one for all the other projects. Since my involvement is different, I need different information on the Project List widget in the dashboards. But, if you change the column list on the widget on one dashboard it is modified for all of them. I don't like that at all.

Celoxis is a robust platform with a stellar support team.

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018
Stacie M.
Director of Global Services Operations
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Celoxis meets expectations for project management in the software delivery industry. We are able to leverage Celoxis globally to track our implementation projects. We track our financials, resource assignments, and % complete in this tool. Celoxis has a great reporting structure and flexibility in creating your own custom fields. When the tool does not have the exact feature I need, I have been able to work with Celoxis training to find an out of the box solution or submit a feature request with surprising success in having them delivered. Celoxis often has more functionality than my teams are ready to adopt and I find that the operational issues have more to do with people and process (not tool). I especially like the flexibility of the client log in feature and the customization of what each person can see in their own dashboards. I really love that it can serve as the one central repository for project updates. We have been using Celoxis for a little over three years and are quite happy with it. Within a few months it will be our global standard.

Minpunten: Celoxis is a standalone software that needs to be integrated with our Salesforce environment, therefore, it has taken some additional investment on our part to automatically trigger projects at closed/won state and feed the data into our financial systems. Celoxis is also real time data so there is no back button if you delete something or the ability to restore a previous version. Since I am using this tool globally I would like to see more workspace segmented admin features to control what is seen by each region throughout all reports and tasks. Additionally, we have had to perform a few workarounds to get full billable and non-billable resource load charts in the tool. Since many people go to outlook to see if a resource is available, the current Celoxis Outlook integration (a separate calendar) is not sufficient for blocking off the resource from being scheduled for other things. I suggest the following improvements
- Direct Outlook Calendar integration that blocks off scheduled time so people in the business can see that the resource is not available and actively working on a project. (currently we book time in Celoxis and Outlook - double entry)
- Non-Project Time viewed exactly the same as billable time from projects in the resource load charts including the time code and % allocation
- Administration features for further segmentation or archiving of the data
- Data restoring options including restoration of deleted objects restoring to a previous day

Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings

Beoordeeld op 24-3-2017
Anshu M.
Manager, Wolfram Global Technical Services
501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc. You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!

Pluspunten: Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Minpunten: Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2017
Denzil jr P.
Project Manager, Developer
Consumentenelektronica, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively. In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.

Pluspunten: In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Minpunten: Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Professional Services Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency.
I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats.
The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre.
On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Minpunten: With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.

Great Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 23-3-2017
Ryan K.
Research Engineer
Medische apparatuur, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pluspunten: Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Minpunten: Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2017
Prateek S.
QA Manager
Informatiediensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Pluspunten: Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Minpunten: The interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Celoxis Technologies op 23-3-2017

Hello Prateek,
Thank you for your review.
Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes.
We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions.
We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira.

Thanks again for your comments!

Project Management, Performance and Reporting!

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2017
Misha M.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all

1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality.
Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool.

2) Performance
Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches.

3) Reporting
No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report.

Note on the performance:
I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.

Great S/W for customisation

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
Fiona G.
Senior Project Manager
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.

Pluspunten: The ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.

Minpunten: Only con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.

Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2015
Erin H.
IT Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Celoxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we’ve had to always scramble to meet our ‘go-live’ schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.

Minpunten: Their salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.

A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
Kavita P.
Consultant
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pluspunten: 1. Web-based Interface
2. Mobile Access
3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines
4. Alerts and Notifications
5. Time Tracking
6. Ease of Use

Minpunten: The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Am loving Celoxis

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2017
Susan G.
QA manager
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pluspunten: Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Minpunten: As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should

Easy-to-use and very affordable tool

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018
Team Lead
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the systems we used before. The support
teams are very agile and helpful. Easy-to-use dashboards and mobile interface truly add
value.

Pluspunten: Being in the healthcare industry, we are constantly looking for internal improvements to
inspire healthy behaviors and improve overall healthcare management. Celoxis helps us
with prioritizing our projects and activities, keeping a tight eye on progress in schedule,
costs, risks and issues. It is very intuitive to use. Custom fields are tremendously useful in
capturing different dimensions of information.

Minpunten: Sometimes the application feels a bit old-fashioned and clunky and the timesheets could
do with a bit of overhaul. Nothing too major in lacking.

Celoxis Review from Project Manager

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2016
Solutions Coach / Project Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our software development shop switched to Celoxis a few years ago and haven't looked back. It's ease of use for time entry has proven to make for much more accurate and timely time entries, and the project/time/task/resource reporting features are top notch. As a project manager, I used to spend hours and hours trying to get various views of project data, and Celoxis makes that much easier. Another feature that I feel sets it apart from other platforms, is the ability for me to create my own personal Dashboard where I can customize it to show the views and tasks that are important to me.

Pluspunten: Customizable dashboard, Ease of time Entry, Great reporting features/graph views

Celoxis - Review from a Project Manager

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2016
Barbara K.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: ease of use, reporting capabilities, dashboard views

Most viable candidate of the lot with excellent reporting capabilities

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2015
Katrin K.
Executive Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten
4.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What I like best about Celoxis is its flexibility in reporting. The reporting is so robust that it lets me create all sorts of complex portfolio and resource reports even on my business fields. It also has a clean interface and is very simple to learn. Celoxis is an excellent tool for time tracking, especially the weekly time sheets and the one-click approve feature. Resource management tools are also comprehensive in helping us track down resources with right skills, their availability and utilization.

Minpunten: Setting up security can often be challenging, especially with multiple roles and work spaces. To ease that out, Celoxis does provide a complimentary 1 hour session on Administration and Security best practices to its new customers. I’d encourage everybody to sign up for this. It really smooths out your new software deployment process.
Best practices, quick how-to's and product usage tips are missing. It would be worthwhile to include these in their Help center.

A project management platform at its finest

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2016
Ryan R.
Project Engineer
Medische apparatuur, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a project engineer at a manufacturing and engineering design firm and I use Celoxis more than daily. It can take few days to learn, but once you have it down it is by far the best platform I've ever used to manage projects. It is useful for project engineers and all the way up to senior management to manage small projects, programs, and employees. It really is an all-in-one product and I highly recommend it.

Pluspunten: Frequent updates and bug fixes
Inter-facility coordination
Seamless timeline creation and management
Hours tracking and analysis for large groups of people

Minpunten: I have no cons. In the past year, Celoxis has fixed all the problems I originally had with it (mainly bugs).

A very very flexible project management platform

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Senior Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has been great overall! One of the main advantages has been streamlining all our
projects and resources and workloads and keep them sorted in one place. Customizable
dashboards are a cherry on the top!

Pluspunten: It is ideal for project planning, allowing us to plan our larger and more complex projects
using waterfall and our smaller, agile projects using kanban. Very swift time-tracking
capabilities including timers. A lot of reporting and charting capabilities helps getting
in-depth visibility into progress.

Minpunten: Nothing so far, the user interface could be more responsive, but not really hampering our
use of the software. Pop-ups can be avoided.

The perfect balance between ease-of-use and power

Beoordeeld op 6-4-2017
Cyril H.
Design en ontwerp, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A few years back, we took the time to try a number of PM tools. The most easy to use solutions offered poor features, and the most powerful ones were very difficult to implement and run on a day-to-day basis. We ended up opting for Celoxis which significantly improved our workflow and keeps our projects under full control. Give it a (free) try!

Pluspunten: The balance between ease-of-use and power.

Minpunten: As a design agency, we feel that the interface could be improved.

Fully featured, intuitive software

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2016
Christopher B.
Resource Manager (PM) // Project Manager
Publiceren, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used Celoxis for managing multiple publishing projects at once. The features for both the project manager and project resource are straightforward and exactly what we need. The Celoxis team continues to introduce new features with every version and builds an easy-to-use product. The customer service has always been helpful whenever I've had a question or issue.

Pluspunten: Ease of user interaction, customer support, customizability of reports and tracking

Excellent product that has ease of use and complexity

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2017
Stacie M.
Global Operations Manager
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using this product for two years and it meets need I didn't even know I had! My company has adopted it globally and Celoxis has a super responsive support team.

Pluspunten: Great project management and business intelligence tool

Minpunten: Could do with better filtering for regional use.
More field options for filtering & grouping across all reports.

Great and powerful

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2016
Dmitriy L.
Head of PMO and customer services
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our ICT team have been using it for four monthes and our project and functional managess fall in love with it more and more. It simplifies the daily routine significantly, especially for keeping projects up-to-date and resource planning. You may build every report you can even imagine and find a way to adjust almost every business process you have in your company in this solution. The support team is every qualified and provided rapid responses.

Pluspunten: Very customizable, great Gant charts (almost every features from Microsoft Project), possibility to set different workspaces and grant different type of access for users, customizable workflows etc. Easy to use and friendly solution with clear documentation.

Minpunten: Despite new version, the design is a still considerable.
There is only one group of users and one price for it. It's easy to operate but we would be happy to see cheap users licenses with restricted rights one day (for example, users who can see only their dashboard with tasks and ability to set % of completion and time spent)

A Must Have

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2017
Tim S.
Director of Project Management
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We began using Celoxis for our Project Management Team in 2015. The team immediately feel in love with Celoxis and recognized it as great tool to help them manage their projects and resources. Since then our Sales, Production, and Accounting teams have become users. The Production Team utilizes it for forecasting and production status while the accounting team uses it for progress and final billings. Celoxis has proved itself to be a viable tool for us through out our process.

Pluspunten: Ease of Use, Exporting capabilities, Reports

Minpunten: Need a better Mobile App

Great product!

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2017
Dmitriy L.
Head of PMO
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use this EPM for 2 years already. All our project activities (about 50 simultaneous projects anytime) and all our resource management is performed through this tool. It was really easy to implement. There were no any critical issues, we've implemented almost all of our methodology needs and continue to evolve further with custom fields and apps.
The support team is rapid and professional.

Great project system!

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2017
Mathias P.
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have used Celoxis now for 3 years and til today i havent found any other projectsoftware that is this easy to use and great reports.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, self tought when using it.

Minpunten: I have realy don have anything bad to say about it, but my Company is not at the moment using all its functions when it comes to handle resourses and its cost ect.