Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Basecamp

Basecamp wordt door miljoenen mensen vertrouwd en plaatst alles wat je nodig hebt om werk te voltooien, op één plek.

Meer informatie over Basecamp

12.861 reviews worden weergegeven

Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2021

"Improve project management effectiveness"

Opmerkingen: What i have realize with Basecamp is, we have improve the way my team communicate. We have ditch from using email or other messenger application, and mainly using Basecamp as our communication platform. It is effective because we can quickly pinpoint the subject of our discussion and attaching document to it.

Pluspunten: Tracking for a project progress by team members and keeping a quick communication contact with my colleague is easy to do with Basecamp. Its workflow method to managing many project that are running at the same time is flawless. Separating each team members roles and their responsibilities towards the project only need a single click.

Minpunten: The feature tools name is quite funny, they use term 'campfire' to indicate messenger board where people gathering for discussion. There are some integration that are not well connected, my integration with google calendar is choppy and some of my calendar event is not properly exported to Basecamp calendar.

Jason F.
Partner
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

"Making project management easier"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pluspunten: The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Minpunten: The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

• Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021
Institute Director
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018

"I'm not sure if it's the same people on this one, since there are different versions of this gig sw"

Opmerkingen: For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the fact that it was something of some form of various thing that I would come across in categorical and ad hoc searching, as it turns out. Aside from not understanding what the purpose of the software was, based on the description that was included in all of the versions in the App Store, I found it particularly disparaging to the community that they framed the purpose of the app as an occupation and dump in of trucks and trailers, and tons of people from out of town, on any given day, whereas the trailers were there in supposition that they were showers that were provided to the homeless, on one day. On one hand, they're not there every day, but on the other hand, it was a bit strange that this ended up being what the app is about.

Pluspunten: In essence, I suppose that this app seems a bit in opposition to the browsing app store user coming across it and then, at some point, upon trying to understand what the portent of the impact of the software is, fairly soon turns up browsing through more apps, wondering what this app is about; particularly to have 3 release versions of it, at this point in time. Regardless, it turned in to a yellow sign "base camp" social work news article publication thing for the sake of publicizing push material of support for what ended up being a seething attrition for the locals of the area where the "base camp" installment of "obviously, it's on account of the app in the app store thing," and on top of that, there was significant opposition to me as a mental health client recipient of services (supposedly), just tangentially, and for a few times, perhaps, of this art therapy group of people, and then they talked and acted out towards me in my head, outside of any sort of professional or service provider and client circumstances.

Minpunten: I feel like the spirit of development in software, for the purpose of disparaging the client, of a completely different and separate supposition of relation, whatsoever, in regards to the original purpose of meeting with these developers, is simply wrong and unprofessional. These developers cause a significant problem in a different locality between people who are not housed in downtown Los Angeles, on the incident that happened witnessed, and whatever the story was in my head about what anyone might think about such an influx of people in to the area, which is all too common, in various ways; On top of that, they're plotted right at 222 S. Hill St. 7th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, and they do events of disparagement against me and my family commonly, while trying to suppose that their self esteem is supported and is superior, while homeless and mentally ill bullying and stalking victims are inferior, on account of group brute strength over an individual. They run ostensibly false and slight charity drives for supposedly unfortunate other people.

• Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021

"Good software for building project management"

Opmerkingen: I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

Pluspunten: The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Minpunten: Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021
Maisarah H.
Brand Manager
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-3-2021

"Working with client using Basecamp"

Opmerkingen: I really like to use Basecamp especially when client can shared the collaborative project with their team on real-time and adding input for the project.

Pluspunten: Basecamp is very useful when i running a project that are involving client in to track the progress and process of the project directly. The message board is very useful that acted as a memo board for any update from company for mass distribution.

Minpunten: I'm trying to copy a task for recurring daily task, but there are no option to do it directly and i need to copy it manually and it is kind of ineffective and taking too much time.

• Beoordeeld op 3-3-2021
Adam D.
Web Developer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"Great project tracking for simple projects"

Opmerkingen: I would definitely recommend Basecamp as a great, easy to use, and powerful solution for basic project management, but if you want something more robust and geared towards software projects you might find it lacking.

Pluspunten: Basecamp was easy to set up and start using for our software development team and business liaisons. The learning curve was low and it was simple and intuitive for everyone to start using for communication, task management, files sharing and collaboration.

Minpunten: This product isn't really geared towards software development teams and to that end it lacks a lot of features that I would like to see like Kanban layouts, issue tracking, and integration with other services like our source control platform.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
Victor P.
Software Developer II
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2021

"Great scalable solution for small and medium size businesses"

Opmerkingen: For small to medium-sized businesses, Basecamp is a great solution to simplify the process of creating new products, from ideation to completion.

Pluspunten: Basecamp is very easy to use, the interface is clean and intuitive. We can invite external clients to see the status of their projects without incurring in additional costs and the pricing strategy makes sense for us. We can continue to hire new people without having to buy additional licenses.

Minpunten: I with that tasks had their own ID that we could refer to later. Moving from systems such as Jira where each ticket had an identifier, this is something we miss in Basecamp and would love to see implemented.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2021
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"Helpful"

Opmerkingen: As a small nonprofit Basecamp has been immensely helpful in keeping the board on task not just for our fundraising ideas but also for the basic outline of what needs to get done within our agency with our mission statement staff job descriptions and so on.

Pluspunten: We've been using this on our board and we have become much more organized, on cast and productive. Having everything in one place and all of us accountable has made a big difference in the last few months

Minpunten: Not everyone finds this as easy to use as I do so there has been some need to train at once people get the hang of it everyone seems to enjoy it.

• Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020
Krizzia T.
Freelancer
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

""Tons of emails!""

Opmerkingen: I would definitely use this tool for the next few years or so as it helped shed some light on my tasks. With basecamp, I can rapidly collaborate with my clients and I like that it's fast and not lagging. Updates are real-time and I can easily track my progress throughout the day. Hopefully, the emails get fewer. It's just terrible most of the time.

Pluspunten: As a VA freelancer, I am overloaded with tasks every day on my plate. Good thing basecamp happened because its UI is so simple for a first-timer and I can easily navigate the tool and its nooks and crannies. The features, especially Campfire and Shared Files/ Docs, have been very helpful as I have to communicate daily to my clients and it's crucial that they see the amount of work that I've done every day for their ease.

Minpunten: I can't thread comments. I get lost every time I track my clients' instructions about some tasks needed for the day. Also, there are too many emails in my inbox, it's a burden already because it results in overlooking the most important ones.

• Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021
Emmanuel C.
Freelancer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2021

"I am a user of Basecamp"

Pluspunten: Basecamp is great and fantastic I like how the dashboard has the HQ tab and also allows you to create a theme for the kind of project you intend to start and you can add people e to e.g if your theme is "marketing" you can in invite people with different projects to that theme. Awesome as it also shows ideas on the board messaging.

Minpunten: The only thing I needed to get used to are tabs..Instead of a timeline or list of activities it has tabs which are not any bad if you know what to add in them. Highly recommended.

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2021
Associate Director
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-2-2021

"Great for Project Management"

Opmerkingen: Love basecamp. Easiest software to use to project manage. We use this every single day. Don't foresee that changing anytime soon!

Pluspunten: Such an easy way to communicate with teammates on a project, track our progress, share files, and project manage. We also use the basecamp calendar to track all of our marketing emails, social media ads/posts, print marketing, and events. It allows for easy "Traffic control" of marketing efforts.
I also love that when you want to communicate on a project/task, you may have for example 10 teammates on the project but you can pick for your email notification of the new message/post to only go to specific individuals among those 10 included so it still tracks the conversation but only notifies those needed without overwhelming others with tons of email notifications.

Minpunten: Honestly nothing. This software has so much to offer and they have amazing notifications and tutorials that are 5min or less to learn more to better project manage and take advantage of everything it has to offer. If anything (and to be honest - perhaps they have it and i just dont realize), it would be great to have a quick way to review marketing pieces and comment on needed updates/changes made to a document vs. as almost like a "chat"... we separately use inmotion to review marketing pieces while also using basecamp to project manage.

• Beoordeeld op 14-2-2021
Chuck E.
Music director
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

"Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!"

Opmerkingen: We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Pluspunten: Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Minpunten: There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021
Bryce K.
Recreation Director
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 51-200 werknemers

"Best Bang for the Buck"

Opmerkingen: Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

Pluspunten: I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

Minpunten: I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.

Evan R.
Donor Development Specialist
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021

"Unburden your Inbox!"

Opmerkingen: I encourage you and your team at least test this system. If you find yourself sorting through constant emails to find where you left off on a project- this is for you! For our team, this dissipates stress in the workplace and I have found it permit clearer communication across departments, providing for an amplified experience when teams meet in person- more productive meetings.

Pluspunten: As a non-profit end-user, there are multiple projects I will have on my plate on any given day. In 2020 alone, I was managing the implementation of database training, following-up with Q&A from my colleagues while also navigating new tech integrations for our CRM. With so many moving parts coupled with a shift to heavy remote work, Basecamp provided an ease in transition, permitting us to keep pace with our current systems so that we would not lose the full measure of impact we have on providing aid to at-risk children during the pandemic. In short- less clutter in your standard email inbox and rapid collaboration within secure channels.

Minpunten: You do not have the ability to archive content, which can make sorting difficult if you are use to this dynamic in say Gmail.

• Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021
Shannon O.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021

"Feature Rich and Effective for Project Management"

Opmerkingen: I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage most everything that I work on in collaboration with others. It makes a lot of sense and is intuitive once you accustom to how the projects and to-do lists work.

Pluspunten: The ability to add clients to a project and hide them from information within the project is SO handy. We use that feature a lot for internal to-dos and managing the client without them seeing behind-the-scenes.

Minpunten: To-do lists are pretty basic. You can assign to a person and add a date, but if you are used to feature-rich todo lists (embedded images, color coding, sub-checklists in a to-do, etc) then you will be disappointed. And although I find the "me" tab easy and intuitive, when we add new members to a project they almost universally struggle in the first weeks to really use Basecamp to its highest functionality.

• Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021
Daniel T.
Software Developer and IT Trainer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021

"Basecamp - for small and (some) medium-sized projects"

Opmerkingen: I use Basecamp to manage part of my projects. It helps me to keep in better connection with my clients and the members of the team. I think it is well suited for small and maybe medium-sized projects. It’s reliable and effective at keeping everything organized as long as your teams will have less than 20 members. But if you’re taking into consideration to use Basecamp, you must also evaluate the complexity of the project and the need of communication between members. Sometimes the conversation will become hard to follow because everything is put together, and after a while it’s difficult to keep track of it. We also use the document management and sharing feature to organize project files. Number of emails between team members and/or client dropped after starting using Basecamp. In fact, you can use Basecamp entirely as a communication platform to organize and keep in touch with your clients. Basecamp consolidates all messages with the client in one place. If the projects are for external clients you can add them to your project and choose only certain resources that they can have access to.

Pluspunten: Basecamp has a very easy to use and intuitive interface. Managing and supervising projects is clean and efficient.
It allows us to share only certain resources with the client.
Groups allow team members to collaborate and share resources.
Members can communicate real-time with the chat or direct messages(pings) or by posting on messages board.
I can dismiss questions or responses if inadequate for the group.
We’re able to set a responsible and set deadlines for tasks.
I can quickly see the tasks we still need to do.
I like how I can have all communication with the client in one place. We don’t need to communicate by emails so often.
Calendar will tell us the time spent and the deadline of the projects.
You can define project hierarchies to break down projects and make them more manageable.
Sometimes I need to share something with a person who’s not on the team; for this I can create a public share link.
We can use templates to speed up the creation of similar projects.

Minpunten: There is no plan between Free and Business (99USD/month).
Grouping and following longer discussions is not that easy.
I would like to have the possibility to delete files in bulk.
The calendar is just basic, it lacks many features like exporting or syncing with external apps/tools.
I think there are too many email notifications.
I would like to correct or edit online an already uploaded document.
If you want to change the design after your company branding, don't expect that from Basecamp.
I miss a standard feature to prioritize the tasks so we can drop out our custom conventions.

• Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021
Sridhar R.
CTO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Decent project management tool for small teams!"

Opmerkingen: We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually. Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients. As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pluspunten: The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams. We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company. With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Minpunten: Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us. Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us. Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

• Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020
Curt C.
Founder & CEO
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020

"Basecamp helps us streamline project/account management and increase our efficiency"

Opmerkingen: Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we've been using it for a VERY long time and haven't looked back or considered anything else really. I think the 37Signals team has done a great job with the product from the beginning.

Pluspunten: The ability to manage a team, often in multiple locales, especially in the days of COVID now, much easier than any other alternative out there.

Minpunten: Sometimes a conversation for tasks becomes non-linear though Basecamp is setup in a linear fashion, so it can be a bit tricky to manage that without the ability to thread comments, but this is more of an advanced user need I think :-)

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020
Kim P.
Bankwezen, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-10-2020

"Fixed our team!"

Opmerkingen: This program solves our disorganization and order of operations issues we were having.

Pluspunten: I think the most impactful part of the program is that now everything is in one place and everything is accountable for I'm bored. You no longer have to worry if you directed someone to do something and if they completed or not. This now helps to get everything organized and in order as if there was an employee they're performing all of the work.

Minpunten: I haven't done anything that we liked least about it yet play the but we do like the improvements because we had tried it a few years ago and it didn't work as well as it does now for our company.

• Beoordeeld op 25-10-2020
Nichole P.
Founder + CEO
Kleding en mode, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020

"The best all in one HQ for remote teams"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Pluspunten: I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Minpunten: There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

• Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020
Jonathan B.
Lead Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-8-2020

"Great choice for team discussion, file sharing and basic task tracking"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been great. We were using a custom-built tool for team communication, but ultimately decided that Basecamp just has more features and will save us a lot of cash in the long run versus building the tool ourselves. It's nice that there is a flat charge for the service, instead of charging by the user like some other services do. This saves us a considerable amount of money.

Pluspunten: It was very easy to setup and get going. We just invited our team members in with each of their email addresses and it handled the rest. Our entire team found it easy to create their account or do a social login. We use it primarily as a message board and chat system on our team. I really like how the entire message board is searchable, which is useful for finding things later on. "Remember when we talked about XYZ", and you can just search for XYZ and it shows up quickly. The calendar and file sharing has also come in handy for simple things, though it's not as robust as using something like Google Calendar or Google Drive. Basecamp also has a useful API that we've used to pull some data out of their system and display it in our other systems. The mobile app works great. It's probably one of the best designed apps I've ever used, to be honest. It makes it easy to talk with the team while on-the-go.

Minpunten: I was hoping for some kind of wiki system to be included with Basecamp. You can kinda make up your own wiki using specific categories on the message board and file sharing, but it's not quite the same. A wiki would be really helpful for internal documentation.

• Beoordeeld op 31-8-2020
Tamara T.
Club Secretary
Public relations en communicatie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-8-2020

"Basecamp - Great for young people, not user friendly for older generations"

Opmerkingen: I had to give a presentation on Toastmaster's Pathways and navigating to and through Basecamp and I realized we are not utilizing a lot of the great features Basecamp offers. Again, a lot of the members I've spoken with (both local and international) all say the same thing, that it's confusing to navigate through, the look of the website changed and the headers are confusing. The word Basecamp didn't sit well with a lot of people, but after searching this on YouTube I figured out that Toastmaster's didn't do a good job of explaining what is Basecamp and what the purpose of Basecamp is. If they had chosen to use words or headers like, "Account" that would sound more familiar it would've helped with getting to know the layout. Also, finding materials is still a bit of a maze, but again, that's the organizations lack of set-up and not really Basecamp's fault. With Basecamp all of the learning materials that used to be in booklets were now transferred to the computer and had live video demonstrations, organized power points and links to more resources beyond what is written on the page; it definitely enhanced our learning but also overwhelmed us because there were almost too many resources available in every language you can think of in different parts of the site. Now that I know that Basecamp is a project management software I can help others learn about it and utilize it to the fullest extent.

Pluspunten: I use this software for my Toastmaster's Club and it has a lot of great features that aren't being utilized because of the confusion of maneuvering through it. I can: leave feedback or ask for feedback from other members, track my progress via pie charts, access multimedia learning materials easily, store documents related to my project for historic record or for easy recall.

Minpunten: Toastmaster's is an world renown organization that has a very even mix of younger and older or retired members; the oldest member in my club is 92 years old. As of June this year, everyone was required to get a Pathways account and log into their Base Camp. I am one of the younger members (39 years old) and even I didn't find Basecamp to be clear cut or intuitive and was frustrated. It got so bad, that the area directors asked every club to nominate a Toastmaster's Pathways or Base Camp "Ambassador" that they can refer people to when they needed help. We had a virtual conference recently and there was an intro class on how to use Pathways/Base Camp and everyone was clearly confused and it didn't make sense to them. There were too many steps to get to the login pages and to get to the actual base camp. Also, the word base camp was not explained to everyone. I think we were looking for something like, "Account" which is equivalent to going to your base camp. I believe the roll out of this new website and way of tracking our progress was poor and has cause a lot of frustration, discouragement and even loss of membership for our older members.

• Beoordeeld op 18-8-2020
Terrance K.
COO
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

"Recommended - Use it daily"

Opmerkingen: We use Basecamp almost on a daily basis. It is fantastic for managing our team and different partners. Our operations side has also been thrilled with the lists that Basecamp provides. Makes it easy for managers to see what has been completed

Pluspunten: Basecamp is well suited for project management. I've used Trello historically but it never had the same degree of functionality. I love the fact that I can have lists, easily collaborate with others and make it almost like a task force that I can assign to various people on our tea.m
It was easy enough to implement and also great if you need to hit the ground running since the learning curve is virtually non existant.

Minpunten: I use Basecamp 2 and the part I like least about the software is that within the cards itself, I can't @person to provide updates. I can assign various cards to specific people but can't call out specific individuals in those cards.

• Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020
Ryan W.
Marketing Director
Marketing en reclame, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020

"Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently"

Opmerkingen: I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pluspunten: Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Minpunten: My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-3-2020

"Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos"

Opmerkingen: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pluspunten: The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Minpunten: The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

• Beoordeeld op 31-3-2020