Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Kate B.
Communications Manager
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pluspunten: I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Minpunten: There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pluspunten: Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Minpunten: Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Organising the mess!

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019
Chris N.
Digital COnsultant
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pluspunten: Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Minpunten: It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

We would be a Mess without It

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Christopher F.
Founder & CEO
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Minpunten: DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Daniel R.
Executive Producer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pluspunten: The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Minpunten: As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Walter S.
E-Commerce Manager
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us. Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pluspunten: It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Minpunten: The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp. Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

Great for Project Managers (at least)

Beoordeeld op 13-7-2019
Chuck E.
Campus Worship Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It keeps all of our tasks in a central location and ensures they don’t disappear in the mix of the daily grind.

Pluspunten: Base camp has very competitive pricing for project management software. Is very user friendly for Project managers. You can organize individual projects with todos and then assign those todos to specific people. You can easily keep up with the status of what the team is working on and keep up with files and documents associated with each Project.

Minpunten: If you are on the administration side, it’s great. I mean real great. If your on the receiving end it can be a little confusing at times. The common complaint from myself and others I know, is that there are too many ways to revive a message and thus keep up with messages. Sometimes the message is on a “Ping ”, some times it’s on a “todo” or a “camp fire”. There is no central inbox to keep up with messages. There is a thing called a “Hey Stack” that functions kind of like an “in box “ that will let you know when someone has sent you something or commented on something , but the message disappears when you read it. No option to keep it and delegate it later, mark as in read or send it to a personal todo. Unless you go back previously read messages and dig it up. Then you can book mark it. It Should just function like a standard email inbox. Unless you get sent a “ping” wich is kinda like an instant message app with in base camp wich is on a different icon. Granted there may be a better way of using it that we are not aware of. Having used other project management software, I can say this is not a problem unique to base camp. I still feel it is the better software but needs some improvements. Specifically keeping in mind the people that are trying to do a good job for their project managers and sort through all of the information.

More orderly workflow

Beoordeeld op 23-3-2019
it specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The fundamental advantage of Basecamp is the capacity to allot out explicit undertakings to explicit people and with a due date. Basecamp helps organizations to know which individuals from every office on chipping away at a customer. With the due date highlight, clients can demonstrate time-touchy or important matters. This component is discretionary, which enables our organization to recognize transient undertakings and long haul objectives. Basecamp's plan is agenda arranged. Agendas advance incredibly to our increasingly fastidious representatives, yet in addition, empowers the more Type B workers to center their thoughts into convenient and quantifiable assignments. The freshest move up to Basecamp 3 presented the Campfire include which is perfect for inward ventures, an advantage that was missing from the past rendition. This part of the product is ideal for intra-office non-customer work. For instance, the record supervisory crew utilizes this element to work together on building another layout for our customer introductions. In general, Basecamp enables my organization to accomplish extensive scale objectives by separating them into particular objectives.

Pluspunten: I have been dealing with the customer confronting side of a medium-sized computerized advertising organization. I cherish that Basecamp adjusts superbly with our multi-customer firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 contributed to the item's utility. Basecamp's plan enables my collaborators and me to dole out and oversee undertakings crosswise over divisions. The new Campfire highlight extends Basecamp's utility to incorporate inner tasks, besides the principle advantage of sorting out customer work. This element takes into account an increasingly easygoing stream of thoughts for ventures that my group is chipping away at as a team.

Minpunten: After you have transferred documents, you can not download them combined at once. You need to exclusively download each document that you need. This can prompt having different form of a record. On the off chance that you don't erase a past adaptation of an archive, at that point there will be two. the best way to not keep running into this is to us the record fuction in Basecamp. This element is exceptionally essential. in the event that you don't remain over record the executives and discourse you could be soon over run and end up with a ton of tidy up work.

Can be Really Good if Team is Synchronised

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Stanislav G.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Basecamp provides a platform for collaboration and project management that can be the backbone of digital marketing agencies, software development companies, or any other company which has a team of 5+ and at least 5+ projects (my estimates, not limitations of the product). It just helps the team to keep it all in one place and more importantly - it helps bring together remote teams, which is an ever-increasing scenario for many IT companies hiring VAs, content writers, PPC specialists, developers.

Pluspunten: It gives you the opportunity to manage a complex business with multiple projects and team members, providing a platform for communication and collaboration. I've personally used Basecamp for two years and have liked it in general for organizing Digital Marketing projects within an agency. You also get the ability to add the client to the project and choose what to show or hide from them, making it just a bit easier to keep them in the loop and get required feedback from them.
The ability to export tasks to Google Calendar is a good touch, but it would really depend if workflow creates Google Calendar worthy items. If not, you have a calendar within Basecamp.

Minpunten: Like any software with vast functionality, you have to learn all of its features to use it as it is intended to be used. Collaboration with teammates adds one more layer of complexity and problems can arise if the team is not coached to use it in a common way.
The ability to assign tasks to others can get overwhelming for the assignee. I personally had two account managers above me, as well as content writers I worked with and they all kept assigning even the smallest of tasks, or even worse - largely undefined tasks, that eventually led to me accumulating a whole lot of tasks and not seeking to clear my list.

For managing details and timelines for complex projects

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Maryellen M.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a fundraiser, and often - OFTEN - have several big fundraising projects in preparation at the same time. Before Basecamp, it was a nightmare to keep all of the details for each event separate and clear, without dropping the ball on some important responsibilities. Unfortunately, failing to take care of an important detail on any of these events can be devastating, so I could barely sleep because of the stress of worrying about where I was on each project. Also, since I often use some of the same vendors (caterers, tent rental, hotel space) it was hard to remember if I had talked to them about each individual event, and had all of my facts straight for each individual event. Basecamp makes it possible to track each and every event carefully, set up connecting emails to keep everyone informed, and makes it very easy to set deadlines, timers, and reminders for every important goal and part of the event. It took an entire weekend to set up all of the lists, timelines, and connections needed within Basecamp for the eight complex fundraising events I had on my calendar when I first set up in Basecamp. But after that weekend, I slept better than I had in months because everything was organized, I could see in a few seconds exactly what was on my "To-do" list for each day, each week, and up until the day or the event, as well as what I was waiting for from anyone else. This program is certainly an expense. But it gave me incredible peace of mind.

Pluspunten: It is so well integrated. For example, taking one action will also notify several team members who need to know about that action without me having to send numerous emails. The software makes it possible to track several or many projects with dozens of people without losing a step or forgetting anything.

Minpunten: A bit of a learning curve to get started, but technical support is good, and the program quickly becomes intuitive. The other members of your team - not only your staff, but your client - must also be willing to learn Basecamp. On the other hand, once they do, they will love it - and you!

A very handy tool for client management tasks

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2019
Abeer A.
Medical Officer
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Great idea for team management!

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2019
Russell s P.
Educator and Consultant
E-learning, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one platform!

Pluspunten: Basecamp is classified as a project management platform, but I see it as more than that. It's a digital space that enables your team to all be on the same page and up-to-date. Here are some things I love about that platform:
- It has a very simple design and feel. It's extremely "boiled down" and there's no reason to worry about less techy folks getting lost. It's easy to learn to use and navigate the platform.
- It organizes everything in one place, so it's easy to find key documents, hold individuals accountable, find help, etc. There's no email chains, certain things saved in the Cloud, while other things are saved on someone's computer - it's all there.
- When you enter a project folder, I like that there are really three categories for communication. Things that need to be done are filed in the "to do" thread, on-going communication/questions occur through the "message" thread, and just general questions or thoughts or concerns can be posed through the "campfire" thread. This is simple idea, but is really quite brilliant. It allows your team to rank or categorize the message they're about to send (Is this urgent? Is this a general question? Is this a task that needs we need to get done?). This really provides structure that effective teams need.
- Another cool feature is that in that you have access to all of the important, shared files in the project folder. I would compare that to "team drives" on Drive, if you're familiar.

Minpunten: Basecamp is not too technical, it feels human-friendly! But because of this, you do occasionally find yourself looking for something more, a feature that would really be helpful. For example, the to do lists could be a little more robust (graphics, attachments, etc.). Another idea would be to add a bit of customization. I understand the desire to maintain simplicity, but just the ability to add your brand would be a nice feature or even change the color designs. Not crucial, but would be nice.

Great for client management and projects

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2019
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pluspunten: - The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point.
- I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients.
- I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project.
- It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Minpunten: - The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there.
- It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go.
- Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage.
- I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

The Best "Pick Up and Get Going" Task Manager

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018
Ross M.
Operations Director
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Basecamp is where we keep all of our assignments and initiatives, and we've become diligent about not letting any lists or to-dos creep outside the system. This relies heavily on managing the project list carefully and making sure everything has its place. There are not guide-rails to keep you from placing a task in the "wrong" place - fortunately you can move tasks all around if someone puts something in an incorrect place. It's important that you define what Projects exist and create a framework for where assignments should go. A frequent complaint we hear around the office is "I don't know where to put this" so it's important that you outline your project structure and communicate it clearly. If you can nominate a gate-keeper to watch over the system organization, Basecamp can be a very effective way to manage all assignments across an organization and allow people to simply see what's due, when, with ease.

Pluspunten: Basecamp requires very little setup and there are very few barriers to overcome to get in and start making projects and tasks. It can very very scalable in terms of users and project count, and it's approach to To-do Lists and Tasks makes project organization fairly straight-forward. At it's core, making tasks is as easy as choosing a place to put them, naming them, and assigning them. With simple reports, users can view their tasks across all projects and start tackling them. If you want to take things a little bit deeper, you can assign mutiple people to tasks, set due dates, and loop other people into the tasks for conversations.

Minpunten: Basecamp still has some key missing features that create workflow issues every now and then. You can create recurring events, but not recurring to-dos. So, for example, if you want to create a "Close Accounting Books" to-do and assign it to a user to be finished each month by the 15th, there is not currently support for that. There's also no built-in gannt views, although they continue to innovate project management with new simpler ideas such as the "Hill Chart" which i'm a fan of. A lot of the lack of complex features comes from their desire to carefully curate features to keep the application from ballooning into a beast that's unwieldy and hard to learn.

Basecamp 2 is a good base for collaboration

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2018
Scott B.
Chief Business Guy
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I work in the non-profit world and we have many volunteers that help for a season, or a project or some other random and unpredictable way. Basecamp allows us to invite users into a specific task or project in a way that is almost fool-proof. Using Basecamp means I don't have to get a volunteer network clearance to be on our internal network. Basecamp lets us store files in the cloud so all can access items easily. We even have staff creating weekly virtual meetings and updates for volunteers can access info at their best time and know what is happening that week and what expectations are for their volunteer teams. Basecamp allows our staff and volunteers to think outside the traditional uses of project management apps and gain some real productivity and communication value.

Pluspunten: Basecamp 2 is an intuitive collaboration tool that helps groups work together by keeping all conversations, files, to do lists and timelines in a central location that is easy to access and easy to invite clients, volunteers and others into the process. I
f a feature isn't intuitive for you (or you forgot how to do something), the quick videos located throughout the app bring the feature into focus quickly and easily.
Basecamp is simple enough for the masses to use without using expensive live training resources. They have really figured out how to get people on board and up to speed quickly.
Basecamp has the ability to store files with specific projects. that saves me lots of time when I want to find that obscure file but I can't remember where I saved it or what I called it.

Minpunten: Basecamp presents itself as 'project management' software. I am not so sure I would place it in that genre of software. I see it more of an easy access, bring the crowd together to collaborate and make sure you have an easy place to catch up with conversations, read files or see what is next on the to do list.
I guess the fact that it has a to do list makes it a simple project management tool. So, maybe it is okay to call it basic project management...

Best Tool for Online Project Management and Team Management

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018
Nagish K.
IT Officer
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am using Basecamp from last two year. I love it because of its Team Chat, the average price which is very affordable, Message Boards/News which have so many options to edit the text, such as bolding, coloring, bullet points, etc which I personally didn't see in any other project management tool. Most of the time I use it to update stockholders, where it also provide privacy. When I want to inform specific persons I can select those and send them message once at the same time. I love its reports feature too. Drag and drop for rearranging tasks in task list is pretty awesome feature. I like Basecamp’s structural way of arranging everything like links, file, comments, communication, etc.
I recommend it to everyone because of its Free Trail which is a very good thing to try it before buying the full package.

Pluspunten: Basecamp is an online project management tool which can be accessed through a Mobile device by its app or directly through the web on both PC and Mobile devices. Managing multiple projects at the same time is very easy with Basecamp. Basecamp is featured rich web app where each and every feature such as Project Updates, Discussions and In-project Todo Lists/Tasks are on one-page and a user can easily find them directly by first look. The best thing in Todo list is multiple Todo lists in a single project for different department’s collaboration which makes it more powerful than the other available tools in the market. Document upload and sharing with others and receive feedback or comments makes it more versatile. The coolest feature which I like is the Catchup option for knowing about today and today’s progress in a single click. The best feature which keeps me update about the progress is the Progress feature, where the whole project is displayed as a timeline on one page, that’s just amazing. It’s so easy to see the milestones and progress right in one screen and scroll to see how much of done for the course of a day or month. The simplicity of Basecamp makes me love it; because Basecamp has a very lean user interface, the smooth learning curve for first-time users and scalability to use it for larger projects which makes it adoptable for everyone.

Minpunten: The workflow is not built around any specific industry so it may not be a very perfect for specialized companies but it can be used by anyone and it can be adopted easily because of its ease and more features.
The Calendar view/ Schedule doesn’t show a specific task's progress in details. it will make more sense to calendar/schedule view if the schedule is shown like the progress bar for every task.

Using Basecamp has totally changed the way my organization is ran

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Network Control Tech
Defensie en ruimtevaart
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mostly it saved me tons of time. Everyone can easily see who is doing what without sending so many annoying emails and attending wasteful meetings.

Pluspunten: The three things I love most are the ease of use, how nice it looks, and how useful it is. Basecamp is super simple. It's easy to learn and it allows you to keep all the data you need in easy to navigate locations. There's no searching through folder after folder and file after file for the data you need and the status you want to update. No more needing a bookmark bar full of websites to rummage through. More direct or analytical people may not care (or think they care) about how nice the tools they're using look, but believe me... If you want to get your entire company on board with a NEW product you're going to want it to look good. For better or worse that goes a very long way toward getting people to want to use a product no matter how useful it is. Which brings me to my next point: it's useful! This software has honestly saved us SO much time because we now get to avoid so many status update meetings. I personally only had to attend one status meeting each week and build the slideshow for it, but that alone saved me personally three hours. The rest of our organization spends who knows how many going through those things and Basecamp has fiercely cut back on those. It's awesome.

Minpunten: The only con I can really come up with is a people issue and not a software issue. No matter how simple, useful, and well designed a piece of software or website is, far too many people are just going to try and ignore it so they don't have to learn something new. Fortunately Basecamp is nice and easy enough that it wasn't a huge problem.

Amazing Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Gurbir singh S.
Co-Founder & Managing Director
51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Proper management of projects in my company. Upto date client reviews/feedbacks and more.

Pluspunten: I am using Basecamp since 2014. One of my friend from Dubai introduced Basecamp to me. It's simple and ready to use. No puzzles to do settings. Simple team member invitation. Simple client invitation. Create project easy. Tagging teammate is an awesome feature. we can simply tag our teammate in comments, to-do items, team chat, personal chat etc same as we do on Facebook. We can appreciate someone for his/her response. Set reminders and a lot of other activities can be done. No billing issue. the unlimited number of team members and no limit of file storage. Easy interface. If I talk about the support, team basecamp is very supportive and active to help its customers. You need help? write on Basecamp's twitter account and get a response in very short time or simply go to the website and write them, they'll definitely write you back. Once my account got suspended because of less funds, I simply wrote an email to [email protected] and got an instant reply from Sylvia Chong <support team> with positive response and activation of my account for next one month. They understand customers and help them back.

Minpunten: Ammm.... Truly I have nothing which I like least about the Basecamp. Yea, more features can be added. Like invoicing, proposals, lead management and few other services. Because we have to find other vendos for all these services. It's complex to manage multiple vendors. Oxibase Software is one in all. They have invoicing, lead management, proposals, payment collections, project management, HR all in one. So, I would suggest basecamp to include some more features in it so that we don't look for other softwares :)

I've used Basecamp intermittently over the last 3 years.

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Basecamp is best for improving organization and instilling clarity among teams. I love the notification board in Basecamp. It helps organize and clarify details and next steps in a team, which can often times get cluttered or grow faint via email and standard chat-type programs like Slack. The self-saving feature is awesome, too. I've been screwed over many times on other programs and email systems if my computer freezes or my browser shuts down unexpectedly so I have a wave of relief being on Basecamp in general. Any applicable files needed can be easily searched for and found within the system, too, which is great. This feature is definitely reminiscent of Google Drive, but Basecamp as a software tool is way more robust, functionality-wise.

Minpunten: Upload times can be slow and it can get a little glitchy, but the latter may be a function of my company's WiFi. If everyone on your team knows how to use Basecamp and if everyone on your team are solid workers, Basecamp can help you save so much time. BUT, if you have slackers or lazy people on your team (all too common even in the best companies out there) it can be incredibly frustrating to have to repeat information that's already clearly in Basecamp for them to reference. This isn't necessarily a 'con' but I'm often finding out about features I didn't know existed or didn't know were beneficial to leverage for my specific projects until I discovered them through conversations with colleagues. It'd be great to have tutorials embedded into the system so users know they're utilizing the system at its full capacity.

I have used Basecemp to communicate with independent contractors, internal creative team and clients

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2018
Kim S.
Event Coordinator
Evenementenbureaus, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Keeping all creative edits, documents, client information in one place was great. It was very organized and helped me to be organized and retrace my steps when needed.

Pluspunten: I mainly used this product when I was working in advertising but we still use it for the design of our program each year with our Communications team. You can create projects and determine who can see them - so, for example, I have a client (X) and my internal team (Y) and independent contractors (Z) for Project A. I can have an ongoing project named Client X where I've added all my internal resources to discuss every project we are working on with them where I can do everything from give SOW, get an estimate of time, create a timeline, receive rounds of work and communicate with my internal team with all changes in one place. I can remove people from conversations that they may not need to be a part of, but they can come see the conversation later if they choose/need to. I will receive email updates from Basecamp every time someone has sent me something on Basecamp. I can also have a Project named Project A where I add members of the client team. Here I can get approval for the cost, send a timeline and all drafts of the project. I can also have a Project named Z for the Independent Contractor. Here, I can get an estimate from this person, send them a proposed timeline, and receive their work. It keeps all of the documents in one place, all edits, all communication and can be organized however it suits you!

Minpunten: When I was in advertising, the main issue I noticed was that people who don't take the time to learn how to use Basecamp are it's biggest downfall. For example, we have everything from Account Managers who respond via email (which works, but inserts their signature unnecessarily into the comment every time) to creatives who create a new thread everytime they have an update to a project, which defeats the point of being able to look back at every edit/communication to see when a change was made or was supposed to be made but was missed etc. It can also be detrimental if you don't select the appropriate people to see your comment/document. If you just reply to the people who were on the previous comment without checking who was on it, you might not be sending the draft to the right people and it will get missed. Another thing we noticed is that people who did not want to acclimate or never properly learned how to use Basecamp would not read the messages in their email and assume that it was not for them. So you still have to manage up because if you want your higher ups to be looking at something, sometimes they still ignore it =)

Basecamp is excellent for client management tasks that involve multiple departments.

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Tara M.
Digital Marketing Paid Media Account Manager
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The main benefit of Basecamp is the ability to assign out specific tasks to specific individuals and with a due date. As a full-service digital marketing company, we benefit greatly from the software's overall project/client-focused design. Basecamp helps my medium-sized company to know which members of each department on working on a client. With the due date feature, users can indicate time-sensitive or priority matters. This feature is optional, which allows our company to distinguish between short term tasks and long term goals. Basecamp's design is checklist-oriented. Checklists appeal greatly to our more meticulous employees, but also encourages the more Type B employees to focus their ideas into timely and measurable tasks. The newest upgrade to Basecamp 3 introduced the Campfire feature which is ideal for internal projects, a benefit that was missing from the previous version. This aspect of the software is perfect for intra-department non-client work. For example, the account management team uses this feature to collaborate on building a new template for our client presentations. Overall, Basecamp allows my company to achieve large-scale goals by breaking them down into distinct tasks.

Pluspunten: I work on the client-facing side of a medium-sized digital marketing services company. I love that Basecamp aligns perfectly with our multi-client firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 expanded the product's utility. Basecamp's design allows my coworkers and me to assign and manage tasks across departments. The new Campfire feature expands Basecamp's utility to include internal project management in addition to the main benefit of organizing client work. This feature allows for a more casual flow of ideas for projects that my team is working on as a group.

Minpunten: I dislike that Basecamp does not allow the user to know the workload of another coworker. For example, if I need a small change to be made to a website, I would assign that task to a member of our design team. They are very busy and sometimes that task can get backlogged if the recipient has a long list of assignments to complete. Additionally, when assigning out new clients, it is important to see which of my team members has the extra hours in their schedule to handle a new account.

Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the company.

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018
Devora gila B.
Team Coach
Professionele training en coaching, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pluspunten: I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters. The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files.
Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community.
The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails. With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Minpunten: Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management. Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2018
Gerente
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pluspunten: I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Minpunten: The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

Basecamp is simply the best at what they do. Easy to use, logically designed, totally in love!!!

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018
Joel T.
Marketing Manager
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's simple interface makes managing multiple projects a dream. As a Marketing Manager, I'm over seeing everything from product launch to creative development. I have a larger team working on a broad array of projects. Basecamp let's me go in, add tasks, easily check progress and get updated on everything in a manner of minutes. If I let my notifications go untouched for most of the day, Basecamp is so easy to use that I can clear my Heystack notifications (usually 60+) in a few minutes. Updates are that clear!!!
Basecamp, if used properly, could totally eliminate the need for internal email. In fact, I insist my team use Basecamp instead of email. Basecamp focuses communication on the work being done and allows everyone a view on the conversation. This is a problem with email, and merely fwd'ing or cc'ing all the time doesn't really fix the problem of keeping a large team 100% informed. Plus, we all know that no one reads their email.
Beyond that, their customer service is top notch. They take a personal approach with everyone. I once caused an issue with how they program their "todo lists" and they created a fix JUST FOR ME! I assume others use it too, but they wouldn't know that it the "fix" was even a fix, because it was the personal touch that Basecamp gave me that introduced the fix.

Minpunten: Basecamp has taken a minimalist approach to software design and as a project management tool. In some cases, I do find myself wishing for certain features. Ultimately, I've tried other software and though they may do what Basecamp does while also including those other features, Basecamp is simply the best at what they do, even without the other features, so I have never considered switching.

Smart project management for diverse and distributed team

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2018
Edward M.
Jefe de marketing
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Basecamp 3 is an outstanding, powerful, and relatively intuitive platform for bringing a team together to get things done. The various tools can be turned on and off as desired, project templates make starting new projects with similar features a breeze and everything is designed with good, healthy communication in mind. When I'm working with someone who has no knowledge of project management, they often feel scared and overwhelmed until they use Basecamp. Then they become serious fans. I love the unlimited users and unlimited projects, the automatic check-ins that are fully customizable, and the ability to integrate automations via Zapier. Saves me tons of time and helps me focus on coordinating the team and getting things done rather than "managing" the projects. There are also great iOS apps and a MacOS app that stay in sync with notifications.

Minpunten: I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to convince others who have degrees or certifications in project management (or those who would like to be such people) that Basecamp is a true powerhouse of project management. It's design is "friendly" rather than technical. It's "human" and even "comical" at times when some project managers are looking for something that feels difficult and serious to work with. Basecamp has super helpful reports, but if you want to show or export analytical and technical readouts on project status, Basecamp isn't that. For me, this is not a negative, but I tend to like focusing on completing the project rather than on managing it.