Basecamp reviews

door Basecamp

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

About Basecamp

Basecamp wordt door miljoenen mensen vertrouwd en plaatst alles wat je nodig hebt om werk te voltooien, op één plek.

Meer informatie over Basecamp

Showing 5.000 reviews of 11.533

Kate B.
Communications Manager
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019

"Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team"

Opmerkingen: Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pluspunten: I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Minpunten: There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

• Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Chris N.
Digital COnsultant
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019

"Organising the mess!"

Opmerkingen: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pluspunten: Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Minpunten: It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

• Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019
Christopher F.
Founder & CEO
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

"We would be a Mess without It"

Opmerkingen: Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Minpunten: DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Daniel R.
Executive Producer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

"(BC3) A friendly project management tool"

Opmerkingen: Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pluspunten: The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Minpunten: As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

• Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Walter S.
E-Commerce Manager
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

"Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us. Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pluspunten: It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Minpunten: The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp. Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Chuck E.
Campus Worship Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-7-2019

"Great for Project Managers (at least)"

Opmerkingen: It keeps all of our tasks in a central location and ensures they don’t disappear in the mix of the daily grind.

Pluspunten: Base camp has very competitive pricing for project management software. Is very user friendly for Project managers. You can organize individual projects with todos and then assign those todos to specific people. You can easily keep up with the status of what the team is working on and keep up with files and documents associated with each Project.

Minpunten: If you are on the administration side, it’s great. I mean real great. If your on the receiving end it can be a little confusing at times. The common complaint from myself and others I know, is that there are too many ways to revive a message and thus keep up with messages. Sometimes the message is on a “Ping ”, some times it’s on a “todo” or a “camp fire”. There is no central inbox to keep up with messages. There is a thing called a “Hey Stack” that functions kind of like an “in box “ that will let you know when someone has sent you something or commented on something , but the message disappears when you read it. No option to keep it and delegate it later, mark as in read or send it to a personal todo. Unless you go back previously read messages and dig it up. Then you can book mark it. It Should just function like a standard email inbox. Unless you get sent a “ping” wich is kinda like an instant message app with in base camp wich is on a different icon. Granted there may be a better way of using it that we are not aware of. Having used other project management software, I can say this is not a problem unique to base camp. I still feel it is the better software but needs some improvements. Specifically keeping in mind the people that are trying to do a good job for their project managers and sort through all of the information.

• Beoordeeld op 13-7-2019
it specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 23-3-2019

"More orderly workflow"

Opmerkingen: The fundamental advantage of Basecamp is the capacity to allot out explicit undertakings to explicit people and with a due date. Basecamp helps organizations to know which individuals from every office on chipping away at a customer. With the due date highlight, clients can demonstrate time-touchy or important matters. This component is discretionary, which enables our organization to recognize transient undertakings and long haul objectives. Basecamp's plan is agenda arranged. Agendas advance incredibly to our increasingly fastidious representatives, yet in addition, empowers the more Type B workers to center their thoughts into convenient and quantifiable assignments. The freshest move up to Basecamp 3 presented the Campfire include which is perfect for inward ventures, an advantage that was missing from the past rendition. This part of the product is ideal for intra-office non-customer work. For instance, the record supervisory crew utilizes this element to work together on building another layout for our customer introductions. In general, Basecamp enables my organization to accomplish extensive scale objectives by separating them into particular objectives.

Pluspunten: I have been dealing with the customer confronting side of a medium-sized computerized advertising organization. I cherish that Basecamp adjusts superbly with our multi-customer firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 contributed to the item's utility. Basecamp's plan enables my collaborators and me to dole out and oversee undertakings crosswise over divisions. The new Campfire highlight extends Basecamp's utility to incorporate inner tasks, besides the principle advantage of sorting out customer work. This element takes into account an increasingly easygoing stream of thoughts for ventures that my group is chipping away at as a team.

Minpunten: After you have transferred documents, you can not download them combined at once. You need to exclusively download each document that you need. This can prompt having different form of a record. On the off chance that you don't erase a past adaptation of an archive, at that point there will be two. the best way to not keep running into this is to us the record fuction in Basecamp. This element is exceptionally essential. in the event that you don't remain over record the executives and discourse you could be soon over run and end up with a ton of tidy up work.

• Beoordeeld op 23-3-2019
Maryellen M.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019

"For managing details and timelines for complex projects"

Opmerkingen: I am a fundraiser, and often - OFTEN - have several big fundraising projects in preparation at the same time. Before Basecamp, it was a nightmare to keep all of the details for each event separate and clear, without dropping the ball on some important responsibilities. Unfortunately, failing to take care of an important detail on any of these events can be devastating, so I could barely sleep because of the stress of worrying about where I was on each project. Also, since I often use some of the same vendors (caterers, tent rental, hotel space) it was hard to remember if I had talked to them about each individual event, and had all of my facts straight for each individual event. Basecamp makes it possible to track each and every event carefully, set up connecting emails to keep everyone informed, and makes it very easy to set deadlines, timers, and reminders for every important goal and part of the event. It took an entire weekend to set up all of the lists, timelines, and connections needed within Basecamp for the eight complex fundraising events I had on my calendar when I first set up in Basecamp. But after that weekend, I slept better than I had in months because everything was organized, I could see in a few seconds exactly what was on my "To-do" list for each day, each week, and up until the day or the event, as well as what I was waiting for from anyone else. This program is certainly an expense. But it gave me incredible peace of mind.

Pluspunten: It is so well integrated. For example, taking one action will also notify several team members who need to know about that action without me having to send numerous emails. The software makes it possible to track several or many projects with dozens of people without losing a step or forgetting anything.

Minpunten: A bit of a learning curve to get started, but technical support is good, and the program quickly becomes intuitive. The other members of your team - not only your staff, but your client - must also be willing to learn Basecamp. On the other hand, once they do, they will love it - and you!

• Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Abeer A.
Medical Officer
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2019

"A very handy tool for client management tasks "

• Beoordeeld op 19-2-2019
Network Control Tech
Defensie en ruimtevaart
  • Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018

"Using Basecamp has totally changed the way my organization is ran"

Opmerkingen: Mostly it saved me tons of time. Everyone can easily see who is doing what without sending so many annoying emails and attending wasteful meetings.

Pluspunten: The three things I love most are the ease of use, how nice it looks, and how useful it is. Basecamp is super simple. It's easy to learn and it allows you to keep all the data you need in easy to navigate locations. There's no searching through folder after folder and file after file for the data you need and the status you want to update. No more needing a bookmark bar full of websites to rummage through. More direct or analytical people may not care (or think they care) about how nice the tools they're using look, but believe me... If you want to get your entire company on board with a NEW product you're going to want it to look good. For better or worse that goes a very long way toward getting people to want to use a product no matter how useful it is. Which brings me to my next point: it's useful! This software has honestly saved us SO much time because we now get to avoid so many status update meetings. I personally only had to attend one status meeting each week and build the slideshow for it, but that alone saved me personally three hours. The rest of our organization spends who knows how many going through those things and Basecamp has fiercely cut back on those. It's awesome.

Minpunten: The only con I can really come up with is a people issue and not a software issue. No matter how simple, useful, and well designed a piece of software or website is, far too many people are just going to try and ignore it so they don't have to learn something new. Fortunately Basecamp is nice and easy enough that it wasn't a huge problem.

• Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Gurbir singh S.
Co-Founder & Managing Director
51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

"Amazing Project Management Tool"

Opmerkingen: Proper management of projects in my company. Upto date client reviews/feedbacks and more.

Pluspunten: I am using Basecamp since 2014. One of my friend from Dubai introduced Basecamp to me. It's simple and ready to use. No puzzles to do settings. Simple team member invitation. Simple client invitation. Create project easy. Tagging teammate is an awesome feature. we can simply tag our teammate in comments, to-do items, team chat, personal chat etc same as we do on Facebook. We can appreciate someone for his/her response. Set reminders and a lot of other activities can be done. No billing issue. the unlimited number of team members and no limit of file storage. Easy interface. If I talk about the support, team basecamp is very supportive and active to help its customers. You need help? write on Basecamp's twitter account and get a response in very short time or simply go to the website and write them, they'll definitely write you back. Once my account got suspended because of less funds, I simply wrote an email to [email protected] and got an instant reply from Sylvia Chong <support team> with positive response and activation of my account for next one month. They understand customers and help them back.

Minpunten: Ammm.... Truly I have nothing which I like least about the Basecamp. Yea, more features can be added. Like invoicing, proposals, lead management and few other services. Because we have to find other vendos for all these services. It's complex to manage multiple vendors. Oxibase Software is one in all. They have invoicing, lead management, proposals, payment collections, project management, HR all in one. So, I would suggest basecamp to include some more features in it so that we don't look for other softwares :)

• Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018

"I've used Basecamp intermittently over the last 3 years."

Pluspunten: Basecamp is best for improving organization and instilling clarity among teams. I love the notification board in Basecamp. It helps organize and clarify details and next steps in a team, which can often times get cluttered or grow faint via email and standard chat-type programs like Slack. The self-saving feature is awesome, too. I've been screwed over many times on other programs and email systems if my computer freezes or my browser shuts down unexpectedly so I have a wave of relief being on Basecamp in general. Any applicable files needed can be easily searched for and found within the system, too, which is great. This feature is definitely reminiscent of Google Drive, but Basecamp as a software tool is way more robust, functionality-wise.

Minpunten: Upload times can be slow and it can get a little glitchy, but the latter may be a function of my company's WiFi. If everyone on your team knows how to use Basecamp and if everyone on your team are solid workers, Basecamp can help you save so much time. BUT, if you have slackers or lazy people on your team (all too common even in the best companies out there) it can be incredibly frustrating to have to repeat information that's already clearly in Basecamp for them to reference. This isn't necessarily a 'con' but I'm often finding out about features I didn't know existed or didn't know were beneficial to leverage for my specific projects until I discovered them through conversations with colleagues. It'd be great to have tutorials embedded into the system so users know they're utilizing the system at its full capacity.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
Kim S.
Event Coordinator
Evenementenbureaus, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-4-2018

"I have used Basecemp to communicate with independent contractors, internal creative team and clients"

Opmerkingen: Keeping all creative edits, documents, client information in one place was great. It was very organized and helped me to be organized and retrace my steps when needed.

Pluspunten: I mainly used this product when I was working in advertising but we still use it for the design of our program each year with our Communications team. You can create projects and determine who can see them - so, for example, I have a client (X) and my internal team (Y) and independent contractors (Z) for Project A. I can have an ongoing project named Client X where I've added all my internal resources to discuss every project we are working on with them where I can do everything from give SOW, get an estimate of time, create a timeline, receive rounds of work and communicate with my internal team with all changes in one place. I can remove people from conversations that they may not need to be a part of, but they can come see the conversation later if they choose/need to. I will receive email updates from Basecamp every time someone has sent me something on Basecamp. I can also have a Project named Project A where I add members of the client team. Here I can get approval for the cost, send a timeline and all drafts of the project. I can also have a Project named Z for the Independent Contractor. Here, I can get an estimate from this person, send them a proposed timeline, and receive their work. It keeps all of the documents in one place, all edits, all communication and can be organized however it suits you!

Minpunten: When I was in advertising, the main issue I noticed was that people who don't take the time to learn how to use Basecamp are it's biggest downfall. For example, we have everything from Account Managers who respond via email (which works, but inserts their signature unnecessarily into the comment every time) to creatives who create a new thread everytime they have an update to a project, which defeats the point of being able to look back at every edit/communication to see when a change was made or was supposed to be made but was missed etc. It can also be detrimental if you don't select the appropriate people to see your comment/document. If you just reply to the people who were on the previous comment without checking who was on it, you might not be sending the draft to the right people and it will get missed. Another thing we noticed is that people who did not want to acclimate or never properly learned how to use Basecamp would not read the messages in their email and assume that it was not for them. So you still have to manage up because if you want your higher ups to be looking at something, sometimes they still ignore it =)

• Beoordeeld op 25-4-2018
Tara M.
Digital Marketing Paid Media Account Manager
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018

"Basecamp is excellent for client management tasks that involve multiple departments."

Opmerkingen: The main benefit of Basecamp is the ability to assign out specific tasks to specific individuals and with a due date. As a full-service digital marketing company, we benefit greatly from the software's overall project/client-focused design. Basecamp helps my medium-sized company to know which members of each department on working on a client. With the due date feature, users can indicate time-sensitive or priority matters. This feature is optional, which allows our company to distinguish between short term tasks and long term goals. Basecamp's design is checklist-oriented. Checklists appeal greatly to our more meticulous employees, but also encourages the more Type B employees to focus their ideas into timely and measurable tasks. The newest upgrade to Basecamp 3 introduced the Campfire feature which is ideal for internal projects, a benefit that was missing from the previous version. This aspect of the software is perfect for intra-department non-client work. For example, the account management team uses this feature to collaborate on building a new template for our client presentations. Overall, Basecamp allows my company to achieve large-scale goals by breaking them down into distinct tasks.

Pluspunten: I work on the client-facing side of a medium-sized digital marketing services company. I love that Basecamp aligns perfectly with our multi-client firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 expanded the product's utility. Basecamp's design allows my coworkers and me to assign and manage tasks across departments. The new Campfire feature expands Basecamp's utility to include internal project management in addition to the main benefit of organizing client work. This feature allows for a more casual flow of ideas for projects that my team is working on as a group.

Minpunten: I dislike that Basecamp does not allow the user to know the workload of another coworker. For example, if I need a small change to be made to a website, I would assign that task to a member of our design team. They are very busy and sometimes that task can get backlogged if the recipient has a long list of assignments to complete. Additionally, when assigning out new clients, it is important to see which of my team members has the extra hours in their schedule to handle a new account.

• Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Devora gila B.
Team Coach
Professionele training en coaching, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018

"Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the company. "

Opmerkingen: goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pluspunten: I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters. The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files.
Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community.
The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails. With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Minpunten: Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management. Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

• Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018
Gerente
  • Beoordeeld op 14-3-2018

"It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective"

Opmerkingen: I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pluspunten: I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Minpunten: The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

• Beoordeeld op 14-3-2018
Joel T.
Marketing Manager
201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018

"Basecamp is simply the best at what they do. Easy to use, logically designed, totally in love!!!"

Pluspunten: It's simple interface makes managing multiple projects a dream. As a Marketing Manager, I'm over seeing everything from product launch to creative development. I have a larger team working on a broad array of projects. Basecamp let's me go in, add tasks, easily check progress and get updated on everything in a manner of minutes. If I let my notifications go untouched for most of the day, Basecamp is so easy to use that I can clear my Heystack notifications (usually 60+) in a few minutes. Updates are that clear!!!
Basecamp, if used properly, could totally eliminate the need for internal email. In fact, I insist my team use Basecamp instead of email. Basecamp focuses communication on the work being done and allows everyone a view on the conversation. This is a problem with email, and merely fwd'ing or cc'ing all the time doesn't really fix the problem of keeping a large team 100% informed. Plus, we all know that no one reads their email.
Beyond that, their customer service is top notch. They take a personal approach with everyone. I once caused an issue with how they program their "todo lists" and they created a fix JUST FOR ME! I assume others use it too, but they wouldn't know that it the "fix" was even a fix, because it was the personal touch that Basecamp gave me that introduced the fix.

Minpunten: Basecamp has taken a minimalist approach to software design and as a project management tool. In some cases, I do find myself wishing for certain features. Ultimately, I've tried other software and though they may do what Basecamp does while also including those other features, Basecamp is simply the best at what they do, even without the other features, so I have never considered switching.

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018
Sherly H.
Consultant
Mijnbouw en metalen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019

"The perfect solution project management with many team members & projects"

Pluspunten: Being involved in business acquisitions means that there may be the possibility of having to handle more than one projects at the same time. Naturally, all of the projects are, most of the time, equally important and it i paramount that the deal can be closed on time without any significant delays. More often than not, many team members are involved and expected to push thing along so that the processes can be completed in accordance with the pre-determined schedule. Prior to using this software, it was sort of a nightmare having to chase every single team member, constantly and manually inform everyone what their immediate tasks and deliverables are. The downside of doing this is that sometimes misscommunication may occur where one would thought that his/her supposed-assigned tasks is handled by someone else, and ultimately this will cause delay on the targeted milestone. Gone those terrible days where everything have to be manually tracked and consolidated! Using Basecamp, team members can collaborate to manage individual and team tasks on the same platform. This way, everyone is ware of their assignments and deadlines, as well as any supporting files for the said assignments, Here are some of the available tools by Basecamp which are very helpful: project-specific chat, forum (for more extensive discussions, idea), To-Do list, Schedule to manage milestone, deadlines and meetings, virtual storage solution. Moreover, I love that Basecamp has a friendly and easy to use GUI,

Minpunten: Some of the features maybe duplicates in terms of functionality (ie schedule - diary), cannot create recurring to-do which can be a manual process, can be seen as a very basic project management software, no feature to know what is the workload of other colleague; this way if someone is pretty occupied, the task can be reassigned to someone else. Also pricing structure may not be suitable for small business with few users and projects. Last but not least, perhaps the threshold for file size can be increased a bit so I don’t have to share them via other means (ie Dropbox of Google Drive).

• Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Kris M.
DBA
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2016

"Collaboration with Continuity"

Opmerkingen: Our organization is a non-profit organization serving around 4,700 kids and their families yearly - special fundraising events are counted on to close the funding gap - in fact it's over 10% of our revenue generation. These events have always been labor intensive requiring extra staffing just to keep track of all the planning and details required to make it a success. When we adopted basecamp we were all extremely skeptical - and we planned on having four temps on hand for the final three days, to pickup merchandise, wrap, package and stage the items we would be auctioning off. About four days out we were completely done! We didn't even need the extra help. The ability to collaborate with so many persons despite significant geographical separation, while retaining continuity is just not easy. Not only can the hand not see the foot but it doesn't know how many feet it has to call on - BaseCamp changes everything - we couldn't have been more pleased! Assigning due dates which can be made visible to all - prompted action - people didn't want to seem to be behind schedule (everyone would know). The work got done early. The multiple assignee feature worked like a dispatcher and then next available person got the next available task. And all this was visible to everyone on the team - so if any conflicts arose, you could get on the phone early or what we did most of the time was open a group chat because many times someone on the chat would be local to the problem and able to help more quickly. Growing every year, we would not be able to go back. Works like a charm and I would personally recommend this to any organization for profit or not who wants to track an event to a successful conclusion. Remarkable!

Pluspunten: The visibility into everyone's business - it actually motivates participants to be timely (a huge factor in project collaboration) because everyone can see who is late.

Minpunten: Lots of emails (which you can adjust I know) but if you want to have everything reported to you - there is no way to get around email notifications.

• Beoordeeld op 3-10-2016
Heather S.
Creative Director
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-10-2017

"A great option for small-medium size businesses just starting to use a Project Management Tool"

Pluspunten: I've implemented it at 3 different companies now. You can literally be up and running in 30 minutes. The learning curve is small so it was great for us to implement in a company with multiple locations and staff with different levels of technical abilities. It has helped us move out of communication silos and track project more efficiently. Leadership now has a clearer picture of what it really takes to accomplish something. It integrates with Google Docs which works much better than Word since you don't have to download the Google doc. They have very fast customer support and it's reasonably priced. It's web-based software so it's easy to access from anywhere you have an internet connection and they have a free app for mobile as well. It's funny, the people in our company that I thought would hate it the most and resist using it actually LOVE it the most!

Minpunten: Version 3 has some added functionality but has lost some of the simplicity because of it. For example, you can now assign multiple people to a ToDo and so each person's headshot shows up next to the ToDo. It's just a little distracting. You're not able to track the STATUS of a To Do (On hold, In progress, etc.) and Time tracking is a 3rd party add-on. I wish that was something you could turn on/off if you needed it. There are many 3rd party add-ons though for various things. I submitted the status thing many times over the years as a feature request but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

• Beoordeeld op 4-10-2017
Docente asociado
  • Beoordeeld op 30-7-2018

"tool allows you to have control over the different projects that are managed in the organization"

Opmerkingen: the program is very good to organize and follow up on the activities and tasks scheduled in one or several projects. In my opinion, it allows us to set the dates and update tasks or actions according to the dynamics that arise in the organization, it is in my opinion a stable program that generates confidence to the managers and supervisors.

Pluspunten: This tool allows us to make real-time contact with those responsible for the different projects that are executed in the company. It also has a set of tools that facilitate the interaction of those involved through the users created in BASECAMP and through the TO-DO can achieve a meeting point by allowing: dates of compliance of tasks are fixed, the activity calendar is visualized by managers and collaborators, through the program documents of interest are sent and in real time supervisors they can verify the status of the activities, their level of compliance and their culmination dates, in addition, communication can be done in a personal or collective way, allowing to share ideas without people moving from their work station

Minpunten: For the execution and understanding of the program, certain skills of office automation and work management are required, essential skills to execute the properties of the tool, on the other hand it is necessary to have stable internet since the base of the communication comes from the network and without it the service is not stable, in addition certain updates to the program must be executed since of not being fed with the correct information it generates incorrect data on the work that is being done on the other hand the edition of the TO-DO or of the dates they have to be notified beforehand, otherwise you can not know how or what the modification was or if it was a document that was there before starting to execute the projects.

• Beoordeeld op 30-7-2018
Job E.
Web Content Writer
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2018

"Basecamp is a great all-in-one tool for project and team management. It has everything I need."

Opmerkingen: It saves time and effort in managing a team. There is no need for separate apps for things like task tracking, scheduling, automatic reminders, and the like. Basecamp is an all-in-one project management tool.

Pluspunten: I liked that Basecamp had everything I might need from a project management software and more. It featured team chat, direct messages, forum-like posting and tracking of tasks, a calendar to set deadlines and schedules, a to-do list, you name it. Basecamp even features its own file server where I can attach and store your company's important files right on the app. No need for an external file hosting server, which would be an additional cost for the company. Having separate areas (or "basecamps" as the app calls it) for different projects makes management less confusing and more straightforward. I can even assign tasks directly to people and set deadlines for them. Team members can know exactly what I need them to do and when they needed to be done. The iOS, Android, and desktop/Mac apps all integrate seamlessly as well. All the user interfaces of all apps are quite user-friendly; I did not have to hunt around for buttons and links that I frequently used.

Minpunten: There was nothing I disliked about Basecamp, to be quite honest. It was the best project management app I have ever used to date. Though I have no idea about its customer support, since I was not responsible for calling in any support issues. Also I have no idea if the pricing is good enough or too high. I was not the one who purchased this software for the team. Those may be possible things not to like, but I cannot say with certainty.

• Beoordeeld op 27-6-2018
Tabitha N.
  • Beoordeeld op 14-2-2018

"Been using Basecamp for years, can't imagine porting over to anything else"

Pluspunten: I've used Basecamp for my business personally for close over 3 years now. Before this, I was just emailing assignments out to people on my team, and "tracking" things in an Excel spreadsheet. The process worked, but it was cumbersome and inefficient. One December morning, I woke up and decided that it was time to get streamlined and organized, and had heard several other people raving about Basecamp, so I decided to give it a try. It took a while to get all the projects set up - which certainly is no fault of Basecamp - I just had a lot of clients to set up, and a lot of projects, requirements, etc. Now, I cannot imagine my life without it. Several clients we work with use Asana (out of all project collaboration platforms, this one is my least favorite since it's always a disorganized mess), Trello, Jira and Podio. I find Basecamp to be the most intuitive and easy-to-use out of all of them. Plus, it has a great app that I can use on my iPhone and iPad when I'm traveling.

Minpunten: There aren't any real "knocks" to Basecamp, per se. Sometimes the server might be down, but this is few and far between... and also something to be expected when you're using SaaS, cloud-based product. Sometimes I don't get email notifications when someone has updated a task thread, but I use the calendar and "progress" functions on Basecamp religiously, so am usually able to figure it out pretty quickly.

• Beoordeeld op 14-2-2018
Tom M.
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019

"One of the best project management tools I've used"

Opmerkingen: Basecamp is solid. Gets the job done. Easy and fun to use.

Pluspunten: I really appreciate Basecamp for its simplicity (structure / UI/UX), clarity (how it presents information; how easy it is to go in and make updates and edits and to know what's going on), and speed / reliability. It just works. I've been using Basecamp for several years and it seems to get better and better each year.

Minpunten: No recurring tasks / to-do's...seems like a massive oversight for those of us who have tasks that need to be done each day, week, or month (and would save a lot of time instead of creating a new task / to-do item each time). Pings could be improved by having an option to always have that window open while i work on other parts of the site (or campfires, for that purpose). And finally, wish campfires worked more like slack with threads that can be created around specific messages.

• Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Nigel W.
Head of Marketing
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2017

"Basecamp - Good for document collaboration and task management"

Opmerkingen: I've used basecamp for 2 years. Set up six projects including Competitor Intelligence, briefing and training repository for external marketing agency, document assignment and review with PR agency, same again with Copy Writing agency and a knowledge base for internal systems like CRM. Initially we didn't have this integrated with Google Drive / Google Docs, which wasn't so god as to review a document you had to download, then upload again. This can lead to multiple documents, clutter and confusion. So if you're looking to use Basecamp for document collaboration I'd definitely recommend you integrate with Google Drive & Docs. I scored Customer Support 5/5. Well in truth I've never needed to use support. The product is simple and self explanatory with tutorials / templates built in. I scored Features & Functionality 3/5 which may seem low. But the fact is this is quite a simple product and it does what I want. I cant say it misses much really if all you want is to collaborate around documents, have task assignment and tracking and allow discussion on any document. I found it both useful for content creation (the PR agency and Copy writing agency projects being good examples) and content dissemination & discussion (the competitive intel. and systems knowledge base being good examples). I had tried to use DropBox for some of these tasks previously. But at that time BaseCamp seemed more powerful. Things may have changed. I haven't tried DropBox for the past year or so.

Pluspunten: Simple way to collaborate on tasks and documents / attached files

Minpunten: I've since worked in an organisation that uses Slack and Google G Suite (Docs and Drive); and I think that is better. When and if Google add something similar to Slack to G Suite I think that will prove better and cheaper

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2017