Basecamp reviews

4,3 (13.962) Schrijf een review!

Over Basecamp

Basecamp wordt door miljoenen mensen vertrouwd en plaatst alles wat je nodig hebt om werk te voltooien, op één plek.

Meer informatie over Basecamp

I like that you can give access to each project to whomever you please and those people can see their own to-dos and also others. I like that it integrates with Tick.

There is no way for me to delete an inappropriate comment from a parent.

Beoordelingen van Basecamp

Waar voor je geld

Basecamp heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 13.962 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Basecamp eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (13.962)

Haley
Manger
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Insurance Agent

3,0 5 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Consultant in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Basecamp is great for remote teams to track and accomplish recurring projects

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Been using this for several years, I do like how simple it is to organize and accomplish tasks across the board. I would say, if you're looking for a project management solution for recurring tasks and projects, this is a great fit.

I really love how it organizes conversations around tasks. Each task has a permanent record of the discussion going on for it, which keeps the discussion focused and organized.

There are three versions of basecamp, and they don't talk to each other. I have suppliers using all three versions, and I have to log in separately for each.When you have multiple projects, the project updates can be hard to follow--it's not immediately clear which project has which update, I have to read the whole sentence to find what I need. Would like something easier, maybe color coding?

Ryan
Ryan
President in VS
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great tool, but unfortunately the price is one of the highest values

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Basecamp is an incredibly strong task management tool. Great for small teams. As far as resource management and any medium sized projects basecamp lacks behind its competitors. With all this said, I love basecamp as it is nostalgic for decades now of work that I've been able to implement easy with teams and organizations.

resource management, alignment, lack of scheduling, confusing interface that forces users to just use search, upgrades and updates... although good, only make it harder to leave and not actually fix needed overhauls.

Sheikh
Recruitment Specialist in India
Human Resources, 201-500 werknemers

Expert user

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am satisfied but it has a scope for improvement.

Lot of functionality. Project Management, Messages, To - Do’s.

Sometimes the messages get delayed and sometimes we have to refresh the paage as it is unresponsive sometimes.

Vikram
Vikram
Business Development Specialist in India
Werving en selectie, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The Best task allocation and monitoring tool available in the market

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or teammates. Basecamp has been a saviour as it helps us not only monitor and allocate tasks but also becomes a source of communication for internal teams to get the work done. We recommend Basecamp to any IT company which has multiple projects and resources to handle.

Basecamp has been a great tool for our team as all the projects and tasks are allocated by the managers and peers on this platform and then it becomes easy for everyone to keep a track of it. Basecamp provides an easy communication via threads that make it very convenient to use. We at Wise IT inc have been using basecamp as a project management and collaboration tool and love how it makes our lives easier. It also has a mobile app which makes it more easier to keep a check on your phone when you are away from work.

Basecamp does not have video conferencing option yet which has become a very important feature for companies that are working from home. Apart form this, I have never faced any problem using Basecamp.

Marketing consultant in Frankrijk
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Basecamp - suitable project management software

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Good friendly interface. You can learn how to use it very quickly, so you can organize your business and improve the productivity with good tracking tools.

Basecamp is easy to implement, easy to use in a team.

It is quite expensive for small business, 11$ per user with no other options.

peter
IT Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

It just works even for the technologically uninclined

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: An invaluable product with clearly excellent programmers, each upgrade to newer versions has been extremely smooth with no disruptions.

Basement is a simple light application which has taken over as a primary team management and even PIM.

At times version 3 feels slightly busy, but over all it is still good and simple to navigate. A very very very useful software and they have a free version that I know many people use as their personal task management.

Syazwani
Syazwani
Network Administrator in VS
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers

Top software for task collaboration and internal communication

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Basecamp is a good platform for work collaboration, but still need to work more on the chat features.

What I like the most with Basecamp is because all the features that my team and I need to collaborate and communicate internally are readily available with Basecamp. Additional features like task designation help to assign the task to my team members.

The internal communication medium is rather basic and not many chat management or setting can be use with it. I hope they can make it a bit advance with file sharing and gif file sender.

Rell
Manager in VS
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Does the Job

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use base camp most for work scheduling and it makes things so much easier.

I love how it makes my work life better. It helps my team stay on page for an less stressful work day.

I actually have no problem with this software. Will recommend to anybody!

Gabriela
Gabriela
Co-Founder, Brand Manager in Brazilië
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers

Good platform to manage data

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Basecamp helped us a lot in organizing data, which were divided by projects

I used it a long time ago and I really liked the platform to manage company data and organize projects

when I used it, it didn't have many features for task management

Software Development Manager in VK
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

Solid tool for communicating with clients

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to use, easy to convince clients to use it, good for keeping collaboration in one place and out of email threads

Feels a little clunky at times, not easy to migrate from older versions of product to newer

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
Web Designer and Photographer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

So glad I found Basecamp!!

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool and it's been essential in managing my projects. Since I'm in the growing phases of my business, I SO glad they have a free feature that allows me to use 3 free projects. Once I reach a level where I have a team and I'm serving more clients, then I can see myself getting the Basecamp paid plan. Thank you for offering such a great product!

Another designer recommended Basecamp for managing web design projects. This product allows me to keep everything for my client projects in one place! I like being able to collaborate with clients on a timeline and assigning them tasks. The chat feature is very helpful. I like that we can upload all their documents and even link to Google documents. The mobile is very useful for doing business on the go. I can really stay organized with Basecamp and it keeps me accountable with timelines. I love that I can make it client-facing so there is a level of transparency on timelines. I can use this tool to do all communications with clients and not have a string of emails to go through.

I've been going back and forth with the documents section and if I should use Google Drive to store documents or if I should use Basecamp. People are most familiar with Google Drive, however when I educate and train them on how to use Basecamp, then it will help them be more comfortable with navigating the software. I would like training videos for clients to be able to get an overview of how to get the most of Basecamp while working together. If Basecamp doesn't have a video overview, then this will be something that I can work on.

Gavin
Technical Project Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Basecamp gives you a lot of bang for the buck

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Basecamp does almost everything we need to do, with the ability to use the APIs we've managed to extend Basecamp to work with our internal and some external systems. Every single project is tracked and managed via the app, our project hours are recorded against each project using the API and we can report on these for costings at any point. There are more competent project management software packages out there, but all of these charge per user and would be a lot more expensive.

There's a few small features missing, one of these is project management across multiple projects, we're not able to produce GANNT charts or assign people to projects with working hours to ensure the member of staff isn't overloaded. This is minor overall but would definitely be something great to have.

President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Basecamp is the best tool for simple to do list.

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have left basecamp and went to Teamwork.com, after a while, returned to basecamp. I have left basecamp and went to Monday.com, after a while returned to basecamp. That shouls tell you something.

I think the simplicity of basecamp is wonderful. Almost everyone can ue basecamp, take a new user and throw them into Monday.com or TeamWork.com and they will get lost and faiil. But with Basecamp, it is so easy and intuitive, everyone succeeds!

Reporting especially email reporting is very weak. also, printing can be improved greratly.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque
Digital Marketing Analyst in Bangladesh
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Basecamp made managing my team members easier than ever!

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: You can call it the Jack of All Trades. Before using Basecamp I had to use a lot of apps for different purposes. For example, one to-do app, another file-sharing app, another messaging app, and so on. It hampered my productivity. But luckily I found Basecamp and this thing got me covered. Now I can have fewer meetings with my team members and save time to do something productive. The integration with other app made it the real hero. I can automate my tasks on Basecamp by using popular integration services and those work seamlessly with Basecamp.

I have been using Basecamp for a while now. I am genuinely in love with the overall user interface of this platform. It is very easy to use and intuitive. The free plan of the Basecamp is quite generous and it is enough for most of the users. This is why I love this tool so much. But there are some other features that are really helping me to manage my remote team. I can easily assign tasks with deadlines. The email notification system and the mobile app added to the overall value of this tool. I observed that it loads faster on any device with a slower internet connection. This is why my team members even from countries with slow internet can easily access this tool. Overall, the experience is top-notch and I recommend everyone to use this tool.

There is nothing that I hate about this product. But I think the amazing developer team behind this tool can bring some improvements to the existing features. The price for the Business Plan is quite affordable for large teams. But if they can bring some affordable paid plan for the individual users it would be so much helpful.

Engineering Student in Sri Lanka
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Basecamp for final year university students who doing final year projects.

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall one of the best software which I was use and its functionality , scope , workability are outstanding. I actually like the main concept of the software and It was give massive support to our project for getting successes in the worst situations like these pandemic periods. I was suggest this software to my other colleagues on the university whose also got trouble with doing their final year projects.

When me and my final year project group members starting the project, the first problem which we were faced is how we get collaborate with each others on this task. Because university was closed due to pandemic situation and we were limited to our homes. So we do some research on the way to overcome with this problem and we met the Basecamp. First I like the main idea of the software because it will be one of the most useful software in this pandemic situation. Lot of projects were stopped due to this pandemic situation and at that time Basecamp provide a good platform to collaborate the people. And another favourite feature on the software is the chat option. It is very useful to each of our members to get interact with each others and shear their ideas in the occasion. The options like progress tracking ,achievement reach, To do listing are very use full for us to assigned each members for their roles and guide our project to in proper way in the correct time. The client portal of the software is another favourite item of mine because it was very helpful to our lecturers to interact with us and observe our project for supervising us to get successful on our project.

When get starting with the software we had to get use with it first and it was taken some time because this was a whole new platform to us. So I think it will be better if it has some introduction and guiding tips to get familiars with it. When interacting with our lectures using client portal we felt the important of that short learning curve of the soft wear because they would not like to spend their valuable time to waste such a thing. Some of other software we use couldn't get sync with the basecamp so we wish to have that option on the soft wear. Other than that basecamp is one of the best software in functional wise and also a concept wise.

Mohammed
Senior corporate communications in Jordanië
Bankwezen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Preparing and implementing tasks through the cooperation of team members

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Basecamp contributed to increasing the ability to follow up on all projects of the organization, as well as save documents and documents related to those projects, and also through notifications of tasks that are sent at the specified times to all members, ensuring that everyone stays in touch with the actual situation of the project and enables the project management to know the points Defects and omissions in production baskets, which gives them flexibility with the ability to enter at the right time.

Basecamp is a flexible program with a distinctive design, which enables the work team, by integrating jobs, to dispense with many of the tasks they perform, which contributes to saving time and effort and increasing productivity. The team will be able to communicate through Basecamp from anywhere at any time and also via mobile phones. Each team member will be able to list the tasks, their due dates, and the members who contribute to the implementation of the task, which makes the follow-up processes and measurement of achievement rates easy and clear to everyone. The application will provide you with notifications about the assigned tasks that you have to follow. The application provides the ability to download files, documents and videos of a specific activity, and they will be saved for reference at any time. The application enables you to work on several projects at the same time, as you will be able to customize the tasks according to the project you are working on.

Everything is excellent, Basecamp is easy to use for everyone, it has a unique user interface, which allows you to know all the tasks that you are required to participate in and their due dates. Basecamp has an excellent support team and provides educational aids to everyone that helps with a clear understanding of how the app works. Basecamp provides a very large amount of freedom for users, enabling them to include and modify the list of people to send notifications to, ensuring that those notifications reach the people concerned at the specified times.

Paul
Paul
Managing Director in VK
Kunst en nijverheid, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

I always come back to Basecamp

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR
Lecturer Mathematics in Australië
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely 😊

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp. Some of the best and helpful features are: 1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates. 2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more. 3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical. 4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find. 5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem. In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together. Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Kevin
Kevin
Director of IT in Canada
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Basecamp for Teams

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have started and completed close to 150 projects in Basecamp; crossing every department in our organization. It has helped us keep people informed, keep tasks on target, and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner. Their help system is very detailed. It seems like most reviewers just can not find it. https://3.basecamp-help.com/ We are very pleased with the product, but we want to see more enhancements coming, and more often. The product desperately needs sublists, priorities, milestones, and very tight integration with Office 365. We would also like to see the use of templates. Anything from planning a canoe trip to launching a new retail store would be very helpful. Overall, it is a great product, but we may outgrow it if enhancements are not added. If some of these features do not come soon, it may drive long-standing customers away from the product.

We have been using Basecamp for 7 years now. What we liked at first was the simple design and speed at which you can learn the product. You can be up, running and have a project underway in less than 10 minutes. It checked all the boxes initially. Simple to use, ability to create project groups and associated tasks, assign users, and dates, and attach files. In Basecamp 3 they added grouped tasks within the parent list, and the ability to assign multiple people to a single task.

Basecamp needs sublists, priorities, and milstones. They also need to build a native integration completely into Office 365. Instead of fighting it, embrace Office 365 Sharepoint, Onedrive, and Teams.

Bethany
Editor in VS
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

My, well, base camp for client communications!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I create an individual Basecamp project for each of my clients to handle communication, deadlines, and file-sharing. Basecamp is the only project management software I've found that really excels at being used in a client-facing manner. I can get clients set up within minutes without confusing or overwhelming them.

My use of Basecamp is unique in that I personally don't need project management software as much as a client communication interface, and Basecamp is perfect for that! My work requires me to implement deadlines for both my team and my clients, and Basecamp allows me to clearly communicate that entire timeline while keeping all files and communication in one place. It really is a perfect "home base"!

I'd love to be able to customize which projects we receive updates on! Instead of just choosing email updates or no email updates, it would be great to have a newsfeed of only starred projects or even the ability to designate and filter by role within a project. I also feel that the jump between Basecamp Personal and Basecamp Business is a bit too stark. I'd love to see, say, a Basecamp Entrepreneur option in between aimed at companies that don't need unlimited features and can't afford the $99 monthly price point. Basecamp 2's "10 projects for $20/month" package would be an ideal model!

Maszni
Maszni
Senior Web Developer in Maleisië
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Good software for building project management

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

Jason
Jason
Partner in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Making project management easier

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Associate Director in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Great for Project Management

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Love basecamp. Easiest software to use to project manage. We use this every single day. Don't foresee that changing anytime soon!

Such an easy way to communicate with teammates on a project, track our progress, share files, and project manage. We also use the basecamp calendar to track all of our marketing emails, social media ads/posts, print marketing, and events. It allows for easy "Traffic control" of marketing efforts. I also love that when you want to communicate on a project/task, you may have for example 10 teammates on the project but you can pick for your email notification of the new message/post to only go to specific individuals among those 10 included so it still tracks the conversation but only notifies those needed without overwhelming others with tons of email notifications.

Honestly nothing. This software has so much to offer and they have amazing notifications and tutorials that are 5min or less to learn more to better project manage and take advantage of everything it has to offer. If anything (and to be honest - perhaps they have it and i just dont realize), it would be great to have a quick way to review marketing pieces and comment on needed updates/changes made to a document vs. as almost like a "chat"... we separately use inmotion to review marketing pieces while also using basecamp to project manage.

Chuck
Music director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

Bryce
Recreation Director in VS
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Best Bang for the Buck

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.