Gemiddelde scores

4.4/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.3/5

Over boomi

Platform voor meerdere gebruikers dat cloud-naar-cloud, SaaS-naar-SaaS, cloud-naar-lokaal, lokaal-naar-lokaal en B2B-integratie ondersteunt.

Meer informatie over boomi

263 reviews worden weergegeven

Cristian B.
Sr. Software Development Manager
Halfgeleiders, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019

"Dell Boomi for your systems integration needs"

Opmerkingen: We have complex requirements to integrate with a various cloud and on premise applications, related to the semiconductor manufacturing business of our company. Also, b2b integration with 30+ suppliers is needed.
Though I was skeptical initially that Boomi can cover our needs, after joining their first Boomi World in 2017 and talking to Boomi specialists and with their customers, I was convinced we are on the right track.
Now, few years later I can say Boomi was a good choice.

Pluspunten: By definition, Boomi is built for systems integration. What this means is that you get a long list of out of the box integration connectors (90+). We have used Boomi to seamlessly integrate our NetSuite ERP with:
- cloud applications: Namely, OpenAIR, Box
- on premise applications: Secure FTP, custom API for Oracle Agile PLM and custom apps
It has covered most of our integration needs with a relatively small to medium effort.

Minpunten: Also by definition, Boomi is built with the idea that not only technical people can do these integrations. This is one reason that higher management of a company can be "pursued" to purchase it. However, in reality non-technical people can only achieve very simple integrations with the drag&drop features of the platform. More technical knowledge is needed because most of the times the requirements are more complex and require custom scripting/mapping between data formats.

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019
Eric L.
Director - Business Applications
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019

"NetSuite to Salesforce Integration"

Pluspunten: the ability to fully customize the ETL process between our core business Systems

Minpunten: The system is very well put together, but it is still a little heavy to use without the proper technical background

Chris H.
sr system Analyst
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Boomi as our IPAAS"

Pluspunten: can build integrations with no code at all. We were able to setup and deploy an integration from Salesforce to Netsuite in a week. The platform ease of use makes it easier to train new employees on the platform

Minpunten: Don't have any cons with boomi, the community is great and support is helpful

Krishna C.
Senior Consultant
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019

"Dell Boomi as Integration software"

Opmerkingen: Overall, for the price, you get good ROI on your investments and it is a highly successful integration product. So I would recommend this.

Pluspunten: Boomi provides lot of out of the box connectors, comparable to its more popular competitor Mule. However, it is much cheaper and highly performant than Mule.

Minpunten: The only thing, I wish Boomi has worked more on is the cloud deployment and central maintenance of hybrid deployments.

• Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019
Simon L.
Development Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019

"Fast to build Can be difficult to fix"

Opmerkingen: A host of apps integrated

Pluspunten: Speed of development and range of connectors

Minpunten: Frequent need to restart atoms. Crashes often.

Rajeev V.
Lead Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"Boomi Product Review"

Opmerkingen: Great

Pluspunten: Ease of use and easy to develop and manage

Minpunten: Atom Queue is not a good enterprise Queue solution

Bradley R.
software developer
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019

"Boomi Integration for Higher Education"

Opmerkingen: We have hundreds, perhaps thousands, of different applications and services on campus and we desperately need integration and Boomi looks like a great solution. We are early in its use and so far it looks like it will make a huge difference on simplifying access to data for our campus community.

Pluspunten: Like the visual layout at the higher level with the ability to use scripts for more complicated details. Great support. I reported a bug, everything has bugs, and a fix came in the very next release.

Minpunten: The pricing model, based on number of connections, doesn't make much sense for our situation. But they are good about working with us on options.

Ronald V.
Technology consultant
Informatiediensten, 201-500 werknemers

"Dell Boomi "

Opmerkingen: Great. As administrtor we have had a few great problems. These where sorted out with Boomi support fast. Also we got extra support from Boomi on questions that we had ojn running our own platform.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use. The low code approach is really low code. There fore it get's you uo and runnin in no time.

Minpunten: Sometimes it is hard to translate the user manual, to real practice.

Paul J.
Manager Business Intelligence
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019

"Real Simple Integration "

Pluspunten: I'm a huge fan of the Boomi platform because it allows me to create powerful integrations quickly and with low to no code. The community its excellent and the native Salesforce support made this a no brainer for me. I was able to replace our old middleware with Boomi well ahead of schedule and use far fewer API calls while also increasing performance.

Minpunten: I wish there was a bit more flexibility on the pricing model with endpoint usage.

Sombir P.
Technology Lead
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Integration Tool for multiple data sources"

Pluspunten: 1. Built-in connector for varios data sources .
2. Overall development and delivery speed can be improved post including Dell Boomi.
3. Javascript can be used to enhance and add customozation.
4. Drag and drop functionality is available to map and basic functionality can be done without any programming skills.
5. Dell Boomi is completely online and web based so no installation is needed and its accessible anywhere.

Minpunten: Programming knowledge is needed for customization and enhancements. Out of box functionality may be limited for post project implementation.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Robert H.
Integration Architect
Verzekeringen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

"A Better Way to Work"

Opmerkingen: Boomi is a point-and-click tool that has many features across a broad functional spectrum (e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, Web Service Gateway, Managed File Transfer, Messaging). You use a drag-and-drop interface to create processes, with no coding required (though you CAN use Groovy or JavaScript when needed). What can you do with it? You can: create and consume web services; perform database CRUD operations; get/send files over FTP/SFTP; read/write JMS queues; read/write to file systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe, etc.); send/get email; read/parse/create EDI; etc. Nearly everything you do in an IT shop to integrate systems and applications you can do via Boomi. Boomi isn't ideal for everything. E.g. complicated ETL, voluminous file transfers, complicated processing, etc. But for the everyday IT tasks, Boomi is the perfect middleware tool. Simple tasks can be done in minutes with Boomi: read from a database to create a report and email it; call web services; web-service enable an existing process; create an enterprise web service that orchestrates a process; poll directories looking for files; poll JMS queues looking for messages; copy data between two applications; convert data from one format to another; in short - anything involving integrations between systems or applications can be done in Boomi. At my company we're starting to use Boomi for all middleware activities - it's fast and easy to create processes that perform a variety of tasks. Boomi does the heavy lifting, we just configure shapes, connect them together in a process flow, and then push it to production. Sometimes we have to use code (Groovy or JavaScript) to do complicated things that the tool doesn't natively do (e.g. date manipulation/calculation, call out to a Java Library to create a Java Web Token), but otherwise it seems to do everything we want to do. Nearly anything you can do in Java, .NET, python, perl, etc. you can do in Boomi with little or no coding. Boilerplate development (like creating data services, extracting data to files, running scheduled tasks, etc.) can all be done in minutes or hours in Boomi rather than days or weeks in traditional programming languages. Boomi doesn't replace all of your tools - but it replaces 80% of what you do with those tools and it takes 20% of the time to do it. I'm convinced that it's the future of traditional IS development.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, simplicity of the programming paradigm, and the vast capabilities of the product.

Minpunten: It doesn't implement everything in a given spec (e.g. I can't access the full request/response for a web service call; I can't use all features of standard functionality like SMB; etc.) The tool needs to mature a bit more so that it can be leveraged more in a variety of enterprises.

Scholl G.
CIO
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2016

"Boomi - achieve peace-of-mind"

Opmerkingen: We've used Dell Boomi to support Re-pricing and Order management integration over the past several years. Our processes submit approx. 1-2 million API calls a day to our ERP and marketplace channel management platforms. The most important thing I can say about Boomi is the peace of mind it brings...Once you get a process built and tested...it's just works! I worry about all of our other platforms going down or cringe when new updates are released. I've never had that worry with Boomi. They perform monthly releases, and I've never had a release break one of our processes. Given the range of tools available to construct integration processes, there is almost always a way to accomplish a process. Typically the challenge becomes picking the best way to solve the problem with the various options available. One thing that has drastically improved over the past year or two is the information/knowledge base and participation of the Boomi user community. Several years ago if you had questions on how to do something, it would take a while to figure things out. The new Community platform is thriving with lots of very useful information to help beginners get started building processes. The only negative I've ever had and continue to have is cost. Depending on the number of connections (distinct endpoints) you require for your integration needs, things can get expensive quickly. This is one area in which I wish Boomi would get creative. Even if you are using basic local DISK connections or simple HTTP endpoint connections (as opposed to branded connectors such as SF.com, or Netsuite), every endpoint will cost you an additional $300/month. Some pricing-flexibility on bundling certain types of connectors would be a great improvement. For this reason I deducted some stars in the "Value For Money" rating. However, I'll end by re-iterating my opening comments. That cost delivers a huge benefit...Boomi is a robust, stable platform, and you will achieve piece of mind for your integrations that run within it.

Pluspunten: Development environment.

Minpunten: Cost

Vivek V.
Integration Architect
Computersoftware, 10.001+ werknemers

"My Dell Boomi View"

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is good but I still see a lots of improvement points for the development environment. Also memory and multi threading options appears a bit tricky with Dell Boomi. Checkpointing of the processing would add lots of value to the product in terms of recovering the the half way processed transactions.

Pluspunten: Common development environment along with version control and revision history.
Development environment on cloud can enable a developer to become productive from day one.
Single place deployment and complete code life cycle management.
Common Dashboard to monitor the integer landscape components.
Automated housekeeping of logs and temporary files.

Minpunten: Memory management is a bit tricky, no option to allocate memory to specific integration processes.
Multi threading not very efficient and controllable.
Configuration Parameter management through process extentions is a bit complex and confusing.
Dependency on internet for development activity. In case of any network issue developer cannot continue with the development.

David B.
Sr Integration Engineer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers

"Boomi is fantastic"

Opmerkingen: We have been using Boomi and doing great. I like the way we can break down data into small units of work. It simplifies how to handle multi-conditional pathing and the unit of work level. Currently, I am working at SFCG, using various tools to build integrations into Oracle CX products. When we started kicking the tires on Boomi and in the training and development since that time, I've tried a series of processes out that have given me trouble in other tools. Below is a brief recap of my experience and growing admiration for the way in which this tool has made my job easier. My first goal with using Boomi was to connect to an instance of CRM On-Demand (a task that can on other platforms be a time-consuming endeavor). What I found was a useful wizard, pictured below, with a series of pop-up steps to follow.
In other tools, I have spent more time in trying to define the schemas, than actually completing the maps that use them. Boomi reduced that time from my process. This is one small example of many demonstrating how my teammates and I feel as if we were working in black and white and are now working in color with Boomi AtomSphere. Tasks I've taken for granted are complex, time-consuming and meticulous are simplified, streamlined and transformed with powerful features like Boomi Suggest - a handy feature that leverages the collective intelligence of the Boomi community to suggest which fields should be mapped in a Data Map.
You don't need to take my word for it, another member of our team, Li Mo started building out an integration to Oracle Sales Cloud, using the SOAP API Connector. He was able to do a complete integration to insert a record into the Account entity, and it took about an hour and a half. Note: it had been about 1 month since we both actually took the training courses. I believe we choose an additional tool that plays to the inner strengths of working in the cloud, and I can not wait until I start full blown to continue development on new integration projects using Dell Boomi AtomSphere.

Pluspunten: Ease of use

Minpunten: Not sure

Richard B.
Senior Developer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2016

"Integration tool with GUI interface is OK for Salesforce-to-SQL integration"

Opmerkingen: We are using Boomi in an on-premise installation to integrate other software. It is adequate. The drag-and-drop interface web-based interface is easy-to-learn and generally responsive. Monitoring and scheduling are fine, though error-reporting is via system-generated emails that must be reviewed manually or via email rules (you need to buy an additional "Connector" from Boomi to send your own emails). Dedication to the GUI interface limits flexibility -- code and SQL statements can be so powerful, but you cannot get to them. There is "Groovy", a Java-like scripting language, but figuring out how and where to call it is difficult -- the in-process and "document" touch points are not intuitive and are not well-documented. Customer support is generally responsive but not always helpful. Their first question is "send me the URL of your cloud interfacing definition", and when we explain that we are on-premise (required for database security) then answers become tough to get and more vague. We get TIMEOUT errors when moving tens-of-thousands of records from Salesforce to SQL. Boomi's response is that the error is from Salesforce so it is Salesforce's problem. However, we did not get these errors from our previous integration tool from Bluewolf. Unfortunately, Bluewolf does not integrate with OpenAir, so we had to change tools. We work around the TIMEOUT by changing schedules and changing the interface approach to moving fewer records. Overall Boomi does the job and we have made it work -- I have no delusion that there is a great tool available for this difficult job of cross-system integration. My interpretation is that Boomi is focused on web service integrations with small message sizes, and the on-premise solution is an afterthought.

Pluspunten: Ease of use; web access

Minpunten: Slow with large numbers of records to transfer; little access to underlying Salesforce SOQL and SQL

• Beoordeeld op 7-12-2016
Jacob P.
Lead Software Engineer
Omroepen, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-10-2019

"Boomi is great for simple integrations, would like to see better organization/reporting"

Opmerkingen: We have successfully tied together several financial platforms with Boomi as well as leveraged it for our master data management of customers. It has shown great promise in early applications and sparked ideas for many more integrations.

Pluspunten: Boomi makes basic integrations extremely simple, non-technical staff are able to view and understand the integrations. There is a lot of power in the platform for complex integrations with the ability to expand using java. Ability to submit test cases is great and lowers the QA load for monthly releases.

Minpunten: Process reporting has a lot of information but it isnt always easy to view. When managing errors on a mobile device we must request the desktop version to even view the error specifics. Reporting on overall usage of the platform can be a challenge currently, technology is a data driven world and I would like to have more robust reporting to view runs/errors/platform stats/ and deployed processes all in one place.

Senior Information Architect
Pakket- en goederenbezorging, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"Boomi Product Review"

Opmerkingen: I would say it has been overall very positive. When I have a problem I know I can reach SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN and he gets back to me so quickly and resolves problems quickly as well. Resolutions are always solid recommendations, never a hack or a let me figure it out scenario.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and company's commitment to the platform and its customers. Monthly updates fix and address problems we are facing and it feels really good to see all the successful customers at BOomi world.

Minpunten: Flow is my primary con, only because we knew the Flow to Boomi Integrate Integration would be necessary but it seems like it may be difficult tech for the citizen Integrators.

Martijn K.
Consultant and Product developer
Overheidsadministratie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2016

"Steep learning curve, great community and amazing performance"

Opmerkingen: Having experience with different integration platforms got me up and running in Boomi relatively quickly. However, due to the differences, the learning curve was rather steep still. There are a number of non-intuitive features, that require advanced knowledge of the platform to get right. Fortunately, there is a very active and very knowledgeable community of other Boomi users, always willing to help out those new to the platform. Whenever there are problems with functionality, the community is the go-to place to get it resolved. The disconnect between the designer platform and the execution engine is a key feature in the astonishing performance of the processes. As far as process performance goes, Dell Boomi is the best experience that I've had. Both when it comes to processing large amounts of data in a small process, as when it comes to processing incidental data in large complicated processes, Dell Boomi never fails to amaze me.

Pluspunten: Performance; the community; the smooth, all features included development platform.

Minpunten: A number of features take quite a lot of time to develop in the platform. The lack of XPath search and map functionality is tough to handle. Web service integrations (the core business of my company) feel rough and rudimentary, a lot of work still needs to be done on this field

Software Engineer
Olie en energie, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019

"Forget about code"

Opmerkingen: If you lack of developers, is a good choice. You can train someone in no time so is able to create process for the company. For too complex process, it can be a challenge maintaining them. Is expensive...a lot, just recommended for big companies.

Pluspunten: There is no need of an advance developer to make simple but long process. Connect to different APIs protocols like HTTP, Odata, SFapi, etc. Connect to smtp or sftp/ftp servers and other external services. You can connect to almost anything and just moving the mouse.

Minpunten: You cannot code, and sometimes that is bad... if you have performance issues you don't have to many options. You don't have code to refactor. The version control it's far from git or similar. I't very expensive, if you have developers, an app that make all that is way more cheaper that maintain a Boomi atom. It's very annoying not having a way to audit the connections, sometime the connectors fail and you don't have a good log to see what happen.

• Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019
Sujit N.
Lead
Olie en energie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2016

"Very Good integration tool but need some improvements on specific area"

Opmerkingen: I have very good experience of this tool on Application and Data Integration side. I love the way Boomi release and roll out the connectors and patch versions in all environments. However, I see some improvement needed on Application integration side related to Atom Queuing full compliant with JMS spec 2.0 version and also, some improvement needed on the Administration side for example there is no start/stop functionality on deployed process. Monitoring and management of Boomi process like if source or target system is down then automatically stop the bommi process and start it up automatically when target systems comes online.

Pluspunten: Easy to Use
In built Connectors

Minpunten: 1) Date Function support is limited.
2) Lacks Dynamic process generation support - cannot read a database, obtain a result and then launch 1-N processes based on the results on a query. This forces us to fallback to DB Stored procedures for dynamic processing.
3) No field-level encryption option.
4) Improve dynamic handling of values on processes (e.g. Retry configuration) and Connection (e.g Timeout)
5) Have capability to integrate with Source Code Management tool
6) Ability to run a process with "Listener" starter in Test Mode
7) Email Alert generate if the deployed service or Listner is down.
8) JMS Message Selector usage in Atom Queue.
9) Ability to receive email alert by process

• Beoordeeld op 28-9-2016
Srinivas chandrakanth V.
Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2016

"#1 Leader in iPaas Integration"

Opmerkingen: I have used Dell BOOMI in various enterprise level integration over the cloud.
Across the different technologies that are available, this is the best one which was proved.
I worked in providing solutions to different to different clients and clients are very much happy with the continuous integration. Support was all time helpful and one must not forget community as well. I'm sure that BOOMI will rule the cloud space in the coming years as well reason being the security aspects are handled perfectly. This was the only reason that firms look for their data. B2B integration is made easy and can be done without any difficulty. Help documentation was awesome and it was illustrated in a lucid way. There are live examples to get started as well. Finally, it's worth your money for seamless integration.

Pluspunten: Seamless Integration, Support, Help Documentation, Community, Robust Runtime, Flexible orchestration style of development.

Minpunten: Minor bugs are taken care in each and every month release maintenance.

Yechiel K.
Data Integration
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-12-2016

"ETL Made Easy"

Opmerkingen: I started working in Boomi with no prior IT experience. I walked into an already complex business model and some pretty complicated processes. I was able to quickly catch on and make myself an important piece to the 'Integration' team.
My company has premier support and this team was very helpful at times when trying to build something difficult.
Even as someone who is not familiar with coding (javascript/groovy) the ready-made components make it easy to use. Although sometimes, you will need to use scripting and there's no getting around it. But all that is pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
The ability to extend processes to different environments is also great, allowing you to test a process in multiple worlds. There are lots of 'out of the box' connectors that make the transition a breeze.
Lately, Boomi has been really picking up the slack on their releases. They rolled out a new community and Ideas page. The reference page has been given a facelift as well.
If only they made certification cheaper, I would think of getting one.

Pluspunten: Drag and drop canvas, easy to use.

Minpunten: Flexibility

• Beoordeeld op 16-12-2016
Lawrence J.
Intermedidate Software Developer
Duurzaamheid en milieu, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018

"Integrating System and Data to Help Save Wetlands"

Opmerkingen: Overall I would say that my experience with Dell Boomi has been very positive. The sales and support team have always been prompt and friendly without the pressure. We're currently in transition from a monolithic on premise custom build system to a more off the shelf and distributed architecture and Boomi has been essential to this process from day one. In the near future I believe we will be added Master Data Hub and API Managment services to our account and will be interested in getting a better understanding of Flow.

Pluspunten: The recent change that I like the best is the redesign of the Groovy/Javascript IDE shapes. Prior to the redesign the old text box was a major pain point, but the redesign removed that altogether.

Minpunten: Sometimes having to set authentication/directory information in a properties shape prior to the non-starting connector shape can be obtuse and with simpler integrations can add unneeded complexity. Perhaps if there was a way of setting the properties in the the connector shape, but allow them to be overridden by a properties shape earlier in the process.

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Cesar C.
Consultant
Bankwezen, 13-50 werknemers

"The best & the bad"

Opmerkingen: The Best:
1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI comfortable, better month by month with the updates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.
The bad:
1.- Tracking log of process execution of many days before (10 days) is impossible.
2.- Debugging is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debugging groovy.
Thanks to all the team!!!!! César.

Pluspunten: 1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI confortable, better month by month with the udates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.

Minpunten: 1.- Traking log of process execution of many days before (10 dyas) is imposible.
2.- Debuggin is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debuging groovy.

Christiaan V.
Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017

"Easy and reliable tool for all your integration needs"

Opmerkingen: The software enabled me to create many integrations in just a few weeks instead of months. You don't have to write any code which speeds up the developing, testing and deploying of your integrations.

Pluspunten: Dell Boomi provides many features to support integration development. It's easy to transfer data from one system to another with the use of default connectors and simple mappings. Boomi also provides your with the tools for more complex integrations. For example you can use business rules and decision shapes to validate your data and transfer it to different endpoints. Error handling and monitoring is also really thought trough.

Minpunten: The performance on the Boomi Cloud is not optimal. However, you can active an Atom Worker by contacting your Boomi rep to speed things up a bit. I only heard about this after a while and I wonder why the performance is not enabled by default.

• Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017