HotSchedules reviews

Over HotSchedules

Transformeer je planningsproces met de meest algemeen gebruikte tool voor prognose, planning en communicatie in de sector.

Meer informatie over HotSchedules

Like that customer service is quick to answer any questions.

When you text a contact, they have no idea who you are unless you tell them.

Beoordelingen van HotSchedules

Waar voor je geld

HotSchedules heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 442 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je HotSchedules eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (442)

Sean
Sean
Marketing Assistant
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Great for scheduling staff in the restaurant industry

5,0 10 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Eldridge
Eldridge
Operations Director in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Your Schedule On The Go!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Wonderful! I can easily access using the app from my phone a comprehensive view of todays roster and more! Helping me as a director plan a shift before I even get to work. Especially important to plan in my business because surprises arise frequently and daily. I can also easily request time off needed through the app, call, text, or even email my staff if needed to. Hot Schedules saves me and my company time, money, and helps our business to stay productive!

I really enjoy the convenience of being able to view your work schedule remotely and anywhere for that matter! Set up an email or a Gmail account and it's delivered right to your inbox! Gone are the days of having to call your employer or having to drive to your place of employment to view it on paper. "Your" time is valuable and let's be honest, none of us want to go to work on our days off for any reason!

I really and truthfully speaking have nothing negative to include with Hot Schedules. It's been a great software addition to our store and team! If someone did tell me that I had to pick out one feature that I don't care for, I guess it'd be the "How was your shift?" feature that pops up when logging on. That said, it's such a minor dislike and isn't really worth mentioning.

Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 10.000+ werknemers

Great tool to schedule your employees

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

Jeffrey
Service Manager in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good product

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: no issues.

We used this for scheduling for a 6-story, 24hr restaurant/bar concept 1 block off of the main tourist area of downtown Nashville. It worked well in pretty much all areas of concern.

We did not run into any issues of note with this software.

Darla
Owner, Operating Manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

hotschedules review

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's got so many options - none exactly what I need - that it is almost too cumbersome. I would like more flexibility to create template shifts and place them on days as needed, with it being ok that some days there are blank shifts left over. Rather than now, when if I make a template and want a day to be scheduled lightly, it tells the staff there's a house shift open. The template feature is practically more work than just starting from scratch each week. I hate entering the times of a shift and having it immediately autocorrect to the last half hour. For example if I want a shift to start at 1:30PM and end at 10:30PM, I have to type 1:30, click off and it will change it to 1:00, click back on to get to 1:30, and repeat to get the end time to read 10:30 instead of 10, then repeat to get PM instead of AM. I'd also like to not have to redo the schedule report generator so that it's easier to read every week, for the printed schedule we keep in the shop. All those outlines, yikes! What I do like is the messaging/staff communication parts. Requests off are clear and easy, same with shift swapping. I like being able to create blackout days for no requests off, and I like that I can easily see who wants off when and when the RO was made.

Requests off, availability, blackout dates, staff communication sections. The app works great for everyone.

No ease of use when making the schedule - autocorrecting number entries constantly, schedule templates aren't what I need, schedule report is difficult to read.

6 jaar geleden

Hi Darla! Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback for us. We're sorry you're having a hard time navigating the scheduling templates. These articles may be of use to you in better explaining the process of scheduling using custom and blank templates and auto-scheduling! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/215565977-HS-How-to-Use-the-Autoscheduler https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/218955327-HS-New-Scheduler-Generating-Templates- https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/222579107-HS-Templates-and-the-New-Scheduler If you are still having issues, please contact customer care for assistance! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/222476127-Contact-Us-Customer-Care-Support-

Ryan
Operations Manager in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 11-50 werknemers

The best in the business!!!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Pay the money, reap the rewards, save time and be on the floor with your team where you should be!

RELIABILITY!!!It never goes down, support is always helpfulBest scheduler features in the gameTemplates for quick entry are great weekly startersColor coding makes my life so much easierTransparency, every stroke documented

Takes getting used to and learning as it is complex software but get hot keys down and you've got it! Make sure you have a fairly beastly computer...it's a lot of real time processing.

Jack
HR & Operations Manager in VK
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Powerful

3,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I miss using it in many respects, it feels very HR orientated which I enjoyed - I don't miss the slow and clunky loading and saving of data though.

A lot of really useful templates in terms of recording personnel records, plus a lot of really powerful automation ie. sick pay and holiday calculation - employee checklists etc - The payroll integration was excellent also.

unfortunately we found it to be very slow and glitchy, often having to refresh the webpage, or being unable to load properly.

ZoeMae
Level 2 Customer Care Assoicate in VS
Meubels, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

HotSchedules Review

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: overall hot schedules has been extremely effective in my experience with it and i highly recommend it

hot schedules is used by all restaurant jobs i have had and is extremely easy to use and navigate. switching shifts or putting in for time off is very easy, and messages can be sent to management directly from the app which is extremely helpful!

while the messaging is extremely helpful it sometimes will not send notifications when one is received, however you can find alternate contact info within the app so they can still be contacted outside of the app if necessary!

Host in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers

My Review Of HotSchedules

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's been a very pleasant experience. Ease of use contributes to most of that.

Being able to see when you work, the ability to request time off, the ability to message coworkers/managers, switching shifts with someone else is awesome to me too. It's a very simplistic layout too, very easy to navigate the website/app.

I wish that the app didn't have a paywall behind it. That's the only complaint I have.

Reactie Fourth

vorige maand

Thanks for the feedback, John! So glad you're enjoying the simplicity of HotSchedules and finding it a great way to manage your schedule.

Jessie
Restaurants, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

HotSchedules review

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Good product but my company did switch to 7shifts

I like that i can copy and paste schedules from week to week

I did not like how difficult it was to take old employees off the store roster

Miranda
Miranda
Account Executive in VS
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easiest HR Tool to Date

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I like how straightforward HotSchedules is. The scheduling feature is probably our favorite. Lay out is aesthetic and easily digestible. App is nice to use on the go as well!

Inputting can take some time and updates can be a bit annoying as well. Really nitpicking here, as the majority of the platform is a positive for me.

Waitress in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

The Software That Changed Scheduling

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: HotSchedules is so much more than just a mere scheduling software for companies. It is a way to empower your employees by giving them the ability to switch their shifts around in the event that something happens abruptly in life and you can’t help but miss a shift. It has eliminated the anxious feeling you get wondering if the person you asked to cover your shift is going to follow through or not by opening the shift up to all employees to pick up for themselves if it fits their schedules.

This software was game changing from the very first moment I used it in the restaurant industry. In the past, I had found myself in situations at work where I had thought I had another teammate’s spoken word that they would switch shifts with me and that would be enough to clear my name in the event that something went wrong and they didn’t end up showing up. Little did I know that would not be the case and I am going to be held responsible instead of getting into a petty battle of he/said she/said with my coworker. Enter HotSchedules, a software aimed at eliminating that prospect from happening in your workplace again. Not only does this software put the power of controlling your schedule if you have a last minute emergency, it also carries that message of the switching of shifts to the highest form of management. It’s an intuitive and life changing software that I wish every company would implement for its employees.

I honestly am trying to rack my brain for anything I felt was negative throughout my experience using HotSchedules and I can truthfully say that not once did this software let me down. People picked up shifts because they actually wanted the extra work and it eliminates the need to single out a coworker and put the pressure on them and opens the shift up for the possibility of any team member to pick it up.

Eric
Kitchen Manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Restaurant Must have

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a former manager at a Texas Roadhouse, I was familiar with this software, and eager to bring it to my new venture. It immediately eliminated the use of paper schedules, and the chaos of employees switching shifts without making management aware. This increased both labor costs, and morale.

It’s easy to use, built for high volume restaurants. I took a restaurant that was still relying on paper, emailed schedules, and converted them to Bot Schedules. This eliminated issues of shift coverage changes, where we expected one employee, but another showed up, and all the associated communication issues.

It was much more difficult to order and install that I previously remember. Customer service in the sales department was definitely lacking just a touch. Once we got the ball rolling it was fine, but the initial sale was a bit rocky to start.

Anthony
COO in VS

Hotschedules Implimentation

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I recently signed up for hotschedules for my business that opens up in March. The support staff was great and very knowledgable in questions I had for hotschedules.

I love that this software is more comman than it use to be. Most employees hired have heard or used hotschedules which makes the transition alot easier. Communication threw hotschedules makes this program a must for any business that has a decent sized staff

Software is great however it is a little pricey for what it does. Dont get me wrong its great but just a hair high

6 jaar geleden

Anthony, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We appreciate your role in our community. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

Rachel
General Manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers

The Ease of Hotschedules

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall has been a wonderful scheduling format for a large staff. It is used every day, regularly, by all staff members from executive to employee. Would recommend to any business owner, as it saves time with many different features provided.

The mobile app is very user friendly, with it being easy to navigate for all individuals that are tech savvy AND those who are not. The quick access of information, ability to contact employees, and daily use in operations allow for high volume and fast paced environments to continue to be productive without the day being hindered in time and productivity.

The updates on occasion can result in removal of features that can sometimes be very helpful after being regularly used. Would like to see a communication piece from Hotschedules asking about latest updates and whether they are well liked by users.

Director Of Operations in VS
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Very convenient tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, our business couldn't function without HotSchedules. It makes scheduling easy for managers and provides vital flexibility for employees. It might be overkill for small teams, but if you frequently schedule several people for many shifts each week, it's well worth the cost.

HotSchedules allows employees to trade shifts, pick up shifts, and see their schedules very easily. It makes managing personnel and schedules so much easier for managers, and it's great for the team to have added flexibility. Without HotSchedules, trading shifts can be a nightmare for both employee and manager alike.

The only con we've seen is that HotSchedules has built-in rejections for some requests. In theory, this is a great tool - if you don't meet the criteria to make the request, then it's automatically rejected. However, there are some manual workarounds, which means employees still make requests to the manager rather than via HotSchedules since they know there can be adjustments made. This really isn't a complaint of HotSchedules since it works as it's supposed to, but just a head's up that there will still be manual adjustments.

Rebekah
Administrative Directors in VS

Great Features

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been very useful and helpful in managing scheduling. The pros definitely outweigh the cons!

We use HotSchedules mainly for scheduling and messaging the team (direct messages, broadcasts). The scheduling features are great - we especially love that team members can swap and pick up shifts on their own, that saves us a lot of time. And the broadcast messages are great for getting important information out - everyone looks at their schedule, so everyone sees the broadcasts.

The website and app are very slow to use. Creating the schedule can be a pain as the interface is very slow, and the app will load for several seconds between each page while navigating. This can lead to some frustration.

Jeanne
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to use

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am not quick to learn anything regarding computer programs, but hotschedules is very easy to use. Makes putting your schedule together stress free. At times website itself has issues that can be frustrating.

Makes schedule making quick.

The website goes down or kicks you off for extended periods of time. I will say this happens less frequently than it used to. I have used hotschedules for almost six years.

6 jaar geleden

Jeanne, Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback for us, we really appreciate it! We are happy to help make your business more efficient. We apologize for the complications you've been experiencing with our site at times, we have have a status page that shows when we have brief latency issues that might be of use. Thank you for being a part of our community for so long! https://status.hotschedules.com/

Operations in VS

Makes a restaurant run

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Internal communications and schedule notifications to a distributed workforce.

Hotschedules makes schedule creation and updates ridiculously easy. Not only can you input the schedules you need covered to receive optimization suggestions, but once you post the schedules, you don't have to track down your staff to inform them of their schedules.

When I utilizied Hotschedules my employees were not able to input one-off requests or identify preferred shifts, limiting the efficacy of the schedule optimization features. There was also not an option to send internal communication notes to management emails so there was no way to verify when management was reading the information.

Danielle
Event Coordinator in VS
Restaurants, 501-1.000 werknemers

HotSchedules in the Restaurant Industry

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love the fact that HotSchedules was created. It makes life in the restaurant industry so much easier. I just wish I would have though of it first!!

I enjoy using HotSchedules from both an employee and a management perspective. As an employee, the app makes it super easy to double-check my schedule or swap a shift with a coworker. As a manager, logging in from my computer and using "scheduling" truly makes the world of a difference when it comes to writing schedules. It helps me keep track of employee availability, requests off, and labor costs. I also enjoy the "logbook", as communication is key for my team!

I wish there was a way to use one username and be able to view multiple restaurants under one user. I sometimes have more than one job at a time and they typically all use HotSchedules. It would just be convenient to log in under me and be able to view all of my schedules, messages, etc. without having to remember multiple usernames/passwords and log in and out repeatedly.

Tiara
Tiara
Server in VS
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

All in one scheduler and social exchange

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Users can be grouped into categories based on department, allowing for effective communication without clutter. Also users' title and contact information is kept in a master directory readily available to other users. Another great feature is push notifications regarding company announcements, published schedules, and schedule changes. No need to constantly check the app for changes.

There is no free version of the app, which could be problematic for some employees. Although not expensive, some users don't like to pay for an app to view their schedule.

Ashley
Program Coordinator in VS

I used HotSchedules when I was a server in college.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I absolutely loved HotSchedules!!! It was so easy to use, and so convenient to see my schedule in real time! It was also great to be able to send messages back and forth with other employees or mass emails for shift coverage. HotSchedules made my life as a server SO much easier and convenient!

There isn't much to complain about with HotSchedules. If I was going to suggest any change, it would maybe be to spruce it up a bit so it's a little more colorful. My schedule and messages were always in grey and black. Color isn't necessary, but it is a little more appealing.

Mike
Owner in VS

Great service

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Hot Schedules has been a great tool for our managers and staff. It's easy to use, customer service has been great to deal with.

We like to reports it's nice to get a good picture of our overhead.

The latest updates to building a schedule are a bit confusing.

6 jaar geleden

Mike, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

Assistant Event Coordinator in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

We utilize this program for our Catering company as a means to schedule & interact

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Ability to not only schedule/message in-house full time staff, but keep a running log of single event staffing as well. As a catering company you have many bodies you must manage, especially when an individual only works one event for you and that's it. With HotSchedules we're able to tabulate this into our weekly labor costs and it gives the functionality to forecast.

It's sometimes very complicated to use. You don't always know where to go for what you need and the customer service can be a little tricky to navigate- you don't always hear back from them or they're tough to reach. That being said when you do get a human- they're very knowledgeable and can help you out 100%.

Alison

No customer service

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really liked the services even though it was expensive. It was very user friendly. The customer care and accounting departments made my experience a bad one.

I like the functionality of the software

I am so disappointed in the customer care. hotschedules continues to charge me after I request to suspend services. I have contacted them 8 times over this and my account was drafted numerous times after cancelation. Everyone I speak to says they do not have the authority or ability to refund me or suspend or cancel my account.

Trainer in VS

Not so stressful scheduling

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Everything is in one spot which makes my day a little easier and my desk less cluttered. Easy to address questions and concerns from employee's.

This app makes it very easy to check your schedule at anytime. Makes requesting time off or switching a shift with another employee easy as well. Far from time consuming and easy navigation around the app. Your schedule is with you where ever you go!

Having to pay $2.99 for the app is pretty much everyone's only dislike about this app.