Gemiddelde scores

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,5 /5

Over Buildium

Buildium is vooraanstaande webgebaseerde software voor vastgoedbeheer die met name geschikt is voor woningen en verenigingen.

Meer informatie over Buildium

1.610 reviews worden weergegeven

Rick B.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2021

"We deferred the decision to adopt Buildium for 10 years too long"

Opmerkingen: Our biggest challenge was gathering all of our data as it was stored in numerous systems. Buildium's deployment staff was excellent in helping us to get off the ground. We were live within 30 days of starting and have continued to add functionality throughout the year.

Pluspunten: We have been live for just over a year now. We use the applications, electronic rent collection (epay), accounting, Resident Center, and task tracking (maintenance) features of Buildium. Their automation has saved us so much time and money.

Minpunten: Wishlist rather than cons as the system is very good: 1) multiple applications would be good based on the type of property rather than being limited to just 1 application, 2) the ability to move a tenant out and move a new tenant in on the same day, 3) better tenant communications (emailing and messaging) above and beyond what is built-in, we adopted Follow-up Boss for this, 4) API should be open to Zapier

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2021
Cynthia S.
Member-Manager
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-5-2021

"If you manage rental property, you need this software!"

Opmerkingen: We would say our who leasing process has been streamlined by using Buildium. Prospective tenants can apply on-line, sign a lease on-line and pay their monthly rent and fees on-line. All in one place. Since we manage at least 3 separate multi-family properties at any one time, it has saved us time, as now all communications are in one software program, rather than having separate accounts/e-mails, etc. for each property.

Pluspunten: We own and manage our own rental properties. We have been in the business for at least 35 years. We have used other means of tracking our rentals, but this one by far is the best. We love the fact that our residents can pay their rent and fees on-line, via the tenant portal, which means fewer trips to the bank. They also may submit maintenance issues and ask questions. We can send out announcements very easily and quickly. We can see easily who has paid their rent this month, and the ones that we need to remind them that their rent is past due -- the software automatically adds the late fees! Prospective tenants can apply for one of our properties on-line, which saves time for both the them and our company; no more printing paper applications that need to be mailed back, causing delays. We can even send out eLeases -- no more printing leases and the accompanying documents, and having to make sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" crossed. The software makes sure that all fields that need initials, signatures and/or dates are completed prior to the lease being sent on. There are so many more features that we cannot enumerate them all.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve during the initial setup and getting used to all the features, but we feel it has been well worth it in the long run.

• Beoordeeld op 4-5-2021
Tom L.
    3,5 /5
    Zonder beoordeling
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2013

Opmerkingen: We've been using Buildium for about 2 years, long enough to get a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. My overall impression is that this is a good product for small to medium size residential property management firms (10-100 units). If you have fewer than 10, this product is overkill. If more than 100, you'll probably find it too simplistic. The product is geared to residential properties and residential associations. Managing commercial portfolios with it can be difficult. The Good:
Accounting functionality is pretty strong. GL, AR, AP, budgets and property ledgers are handled seamlessly. Very easy to use even for beginners. I like the global search functionality. You can pretty much find anything using it without navigating through the menus. Pricing is relatively inexpensive.
It's cloud-based, so you don't have to maintain any software on your own computers. You can access it anywhere with a web browser. Some people see this as a negative, but we've not had any issues with Buildium being down unexpectedly. The scheduled maintenance times are generally late at night. Support is good if you're having problems with the standard functionality. In general I would say the support staff understands their product well. And you can get them on the phone to explain things. That's becoming less common with companies today. Document management is hit & miss. I love that I can post a PDF receipt for every expense right there in the ledger. However, documents at the property- or owner level are less helpful. It's just one big bucket per property or owner. Having a folder structure would be a big help. (Not there today.) Buildium offers tenant bill-pay through an online portal for rent payments, and also outbound electronic payments to property owners. It's done through a 3rd party vendor and at additional cost. This is a double-edged sword. Very convenient; it makes the bookkeeping entries for you automatically. But if you're doing outbound payments, make sure to treat it just like an online banking account (long passwords, be careful of who in your office has access to it, etc.) Allowing for extra security questions or letting users limit the IP addresses that have this outbound payment functionality would be helpful. The Bad:
As noted, you'll get frustrated if you're trying to use this for commercial properties. The designers make assumptions that you're doing residential.
CRM functionality is practically non-existent. This is an accounting package. They do have some decent (and customizable) postal-mail templates and can do mail-merge so you can send notices to tenants and owners. But this does not extend to email. You'll need another product to do CRM and do double data entry between systems. There is no integration layer or API, so no chance of integrating this with your CRM system or generating custom reports. The reports, while nice-looking, are as-is and not customizable in any way. You're stuck with what they give you. They make some odd design decisions sometimes. For example, you can't generate an association owner invoice for an owner who lives someplace other than the managed property. The invoice is always addressed to the managed property, even if you entered a different mailing address for the owner, as if an association owner would never rent out the property. These types of oddities abound, and the product support folks will never acknowledge it as a problem. They'll tell you to fill out an enhancement request, which may be considered for implementation someday, or may not. You'll never know. Providing a way to customize reports or providing an API would help in this area. In Summary:
Buildium is good at what it does, but what it does is pretty limited. You will likely be happy if you're in their demographic sweet spot (10-100 residential units). It's cheap enough to sign up and try it out to see if it's right for you. If you manage commercial properties, have a very large or complex portfolio, or need integrated CRM capabilities, it's probably not for you.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2013
Tim F.
Operator
  • Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

"Great product for property management"

Opmerkingen: Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Pluspunten: epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

Minpunten: We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

• Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021
Jennifer D.
Condominium Manager
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021

"A Good program getting better"

Opmerkingen: A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

Pluspunten: The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Minpunten: Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet.
Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

• Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021
Lori J.
Business Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 5-3-2021

"Easy to use becoming more Robust"

Opmerkingen: Been using Buildium for about 6 years. We have been able to manage properties much more effeciently and thoroughly. Tenants now are more interactive and easier to recieve payments and get work orders done, so much less deferred maintenance. The software is intuitive and pretty easy to use. When we have needed Customer support there has typically been a live person that is very helpful.

Pluspunten: The software is pretty easy to use, intuitive. Buildium does not really encourage integration with other Apps easily.

Minpunten: That Tenants can't do Independent Home inspections. OR that We can't tie another software into Buildium easily to allow us to customize a few things.

• Beoordeeld op 5-3-2021
Ronda B.
Key Operations Officer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-5-2021

"Why I love Buildium"

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a great investment and has really saved a lot of time in sending invoices, reconciling accounts, collecting payments, tracking violations and keeping track of delinquent accounts.

Pluspunten: I love how Buildium has helped me to automate the business from collecting payments to sending violations.

Minpunten: Integrating Buildium with the business was easy but I do wish the credit card fees were separated by property on each invoice.

• Beoordeeld op 16-5-2021
Danielle C.
CEO, Higher Ground Prop. Mgmt.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2021

"Overall Great Product"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Buildium has streamlined my 30 Associations management, my staff, and books. The ease of use is the best feature. I would recommend it.

Pluspunten: Ease of Use, clients love Resident Center. We have 850 units. Call in to add more units, customer service is quick and helpful. I love that Buildium started with me when I only had 35 units. No other software would. My customized pricing is competetive.

Minpunten: When entering payables, it's easy to pay bills twice, as they do not track invoice numbers and alert you "this has already been paid" like Yardi does.
Financials, I wish they had more reports for receivables, more detailed reporting.
Lastly, EPAY applications are taking up to 2 weeks to approve. It's simply too long.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2021
Nicholas N.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021

"Game changer for any serious investor with > 2 units"

Opmerkingen: Overall could not be happier.

Pluspunten: Using Buildium has meant away from a spreadsheets + Quickbooks solution that was cumbersome and did not offer our residents an online portal. The software has cut down my time by a factor of 5, maybe more.

Minpunten: Online banking integration is a bit cumbersome (not printing / mailing of checks, rather the way it downloads transactions and the matching process.)

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021
Matt M.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

"After years or Excel, took the leap to Buildium"

Opmerkingen: I LOVE Buildium. I switched from various Excel spreadsheets to Buildium in 2019 and could never go back. Every year I delve further into the features, yet I’m still only using about 30% of what the system can do. I have a good handle on collections (both rentals and associations), bill payments, accounting/reporting, but I haven’t even started to use the leasing/screening features, communications, work order/maintenance tracking functions. This is a very powerful platform and is the backbone of my business.

Pluspunten: Web based platform, great ability to scale, fairly intuitive for initial set up, US based customer service, extensive self-help/learning library.

Minpunten: A bit intimidating for smaller landlords/property managers. There is so much this platform can do, it is a bit overwhelming. Start with the basics and them expand use of features from there.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021
Keenan C.
Accountant
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021

"The Best PM Software Solution"

Opmerkingen: We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Pluspunten: Online payments are a game-changer.
Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time.
The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

Minpunten: The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

• Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021
Marianne M.
Facility Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021

"Mostly Happy with Our Choice to use Buildium"

Opmerkingen: It has been a good change for our business from where we were a year ago -- still tracking rental information in excel spreadsheets. I am the one who uses it daily, but the others in the business that need to pull information from time to time find it easy to use and that it has the reports they are looking to find. It definitely has helped us save time on some things. However, some of the shortcomings described in my explanation of things least liked add back time. I'm hoping in participating in this and voicing my feedback to the reps that I'll see my suggestions used to improve things in the future.

Pluspunten: I had used the software at another company and thought it would work well at my current job. I really appreciated the customer service from my past experience. I have had only one less than favorable experience with the customer service received in my years of using Buildium. I like how easy it is for our tenants to use and navigate. It has encouraged most of them to pay online which is a huge time saver for me.

Minpunten: Since we do commercial leasing and not residential, there are some misses in my opinion. I'd say my biggest frustration with the software is the eleasing formatting. If you have a document with tagged information boxes, if you enter in one wrong piece of information instead of being able to edit just that one box, you have to cancel the whole document and start over. That's rather a pain. So I've been uploading forms more instead of using the saved elease documents for this reason. Also, I wish there was a way to tailor the communications better. My tenants want to receive monthly rent invoice yet your system only generates monthly statements. So I have to manually make these monthly, which is time consuming. It would be nice if I could create something like this. I worked with several customer service reps on this tasks and it was decided that what I want done is not possible at this time.

van RealPage op 7-6-2021

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our Product team.

Liz Gill
Customer Marketing

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021
William A.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

"Overall a Quality Property Management Software Platform"

Opmerkingen: Overall Buildium is a really good platform to use especially if you want things to be automatically done or updated. I like that customize dashboard that lets you know when leases are expiring and need to be renewed. They also allow you to auto list properties for rent. This is extremely helpful for us. One down side of this platform is the inability to send debts to collection like other platforms have. Overall, I would recommend Buildium as long as they were made aware of the extra charges and services they continue to try and promote to tenants.

Pluspunten: The thing I like the post is that it automatically applies late fees to accounts. It also auto notifies tenants once they make a payment on their account. I like that you can email every tenant using one email instead of trying to email them individually. The site is very user friendly with a customizable dashboard to help you get a quick snap shot of your rentals.

Minpunten: I don't like some of the auto emails that get sent to tenants to help sell some of the products Buildium is promoting. For instance, they want all tenants to have insurance and will continually email them to get them to purchase insurance that Buildium gets a cut of. They also are encouraging tenants to set up ACH payments, which if you don't have the top account level, charges the owner to use the service. I feel like Buildium continues to try and do add ons from both the tenants and the owners which is frustrating considering the amount of money we pay for the software.

• Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020
Dustin C.
Manager of Operations
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-8-2020

"Will never use another program"

Opmerkingen: Buildium had always been the go to for me. It's user friendly for staff and extremely user friendly for my residents and older residents that aren't as technologically inclined. Anyone can use it. And when my older residents are confused they can call the hotline and get customer services from the team rather than calling is office during off hpurs.

Pluspunten: The ease of importing all of our data and getting everything set up specifically for our hoa property. Everything we needed and none of the rental stuff we didn't. The team assisting us in seeing up the system has been incredible.

Minpunten: There is nothing I dislike. I would love to have the ability to shower multiple chargers on statements for dues and assessment and have those both track. But the team has shown me a way we can do that until the update team has created that ability.

• Beoordeeld op 13-8-2020
Kimberly D.
Lead Property and Office Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 12-6-2020

"Definitely Worth a Try"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think Buildium is a good company and I think they are struggling with the fast growth process, as many companies do. The cost of their program is less than Appfolio and the folks that work for them are better at helping out with issues. I found Appfolio's phone support to be mostly snarky know-it-alls and patronizing 20-somethings with an attitude who seemed to be bothered by my questions . Buildium support has never come across that way.

Pluspunten: The set up process and assistance in doing it was quite seamless. The ongoing support is there if you need it and the tutorials, although not great or always up to date, do help you figure things out without having to call in.

Minpunten: The close-out of a tenant can be awkward and not intuitive. The return of security deposits with interest and charging of fees is clunky. Also, when a lease runs out, the system doesn't roll them over to month-to-month. It simply just closes out the lease on line and makes it look like the tenant doesn't live there anymore or owe any rent. This is both frustrating and stressful because if a tenant owes money and decides not to declare that, they could potentially get away without paying rent. There needs to be a change in the rollover of the leases in the system so we don't miss collecting rent.

• Beoordeeld op 12-6-2020
Neil G.
Landlord
  • Beoordeeld op 21-3-2020

"Best accounting program for rental property income and expenditure"

Opmerkingen: With Buildium, all my income and expenditure information, receipts and invoices plus lease agreements etc are all stored in the one place. At tax time, printing out reports for my tax agent is simple and quick.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and can cope with multiple properties.
Reports can be generated for variations in financial year reporting of different counties.
You can set up recurring bills so they appear on your list of things to do which reminds you and you don't have to re-enter all the data each time you have a bill to pay.

Minpunten: This is an American based program and for American users, it offers the ability to pay bills direct from your bank account etc. For me in Australia, this facility is unavailable.

• Beoordeeld op 21-3-2020
Katie S.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Property Management Software - works very well for non accounting backgrounds"

Opmerkingen: Automation is HUGE! online payment is HUGE! It's connecting my tenant/client requests with my staff and subsequently my vendors - less mess to sort through!

Pluspunten: I don't have to have a degree in accounting, between features, FAQ's and support, I've always been able to resolve issues. Love that it streamlines my processes into one central place and that I have a good overall place for myself, my assistant, my clients and tenants to look at things. Love online payments and ability to pay out to owners and vendors online as well! Software has fantastic capability to shift easily with the changing needs of business (growth or even if we were to pull back a bit - affordable and seamless transition!)

Minpunten: The vendor/owner portals are difficult and messy. Also, my vendors can see ALL work orders, not just their own for a property they have access to. They have to go under maintenance just to find work orders (not intuitive). Would be awesome if they could just reply to the emails the system sends and have those replies/files be uploaded as communication on the work order.

Loading pictures is ok but difficult to reorder. Also, would like to be able to load pictures in an area that show things like appliances/etc but not necessarily show on the listing
If I enable "files" to be seen, then people can see ALL things under files - not just those pertinent to the properties they are enabled for. If I send an email to all owners or all tenants, it does not save under their individual communication logs - I have to go into a specific lease/tenant/owner/etc then go to communications to start an email otherwise it's not in the log. Would like to have multiple work orders under tasks - sometimes I need a General, a plumber and an electrician to complete the same task, for example. In the banking area, I'd like the property balances to reflect how much is deposit/property reserves so that I can see I'm where I need to be at a glance. I'd also like to be able to make more than one reserve account per property (i.e. taxes, maintenance) I'd like ONE application email - not one plus the credit check (maybe the app has a link to the chk

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Erin V.
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"Jump on the property management software train with Buildium!!"

Opmerkingen: The benefits of utilizing Buildium for home construction companies are too many to list here. From management being able to see the project all at once and not have to look in different sections. Subcontractors being able to log their hours per project tasks for easy invoicing. Owners with the ability to go on and see how the construction is going, choosing selections, and keeping in contact with management. For bookkeepers the easy integration of Xero and Quickbooks online is fantastic. If you haven't tried Buildium and are looking for a superb property management software, sign up for their free trial and take it for a test drive.

Pluspunten: There are several items within Buildium that by far surpassed other property management companies. The ability to upload subcontractor paperwork and have all the information in one place securely online with reminders set up when expirations or missing information is needed. The ability for everyone with accounts set up to communicate, check on tasks, and proposals all in one place for easy referral. One of the easiest implementations and setups for property management software. But the absolute best thing about Buildium for me anyways is that you can list as much information from sales, tasks, proposals, selections, etc. I truly believe that all companies need to keep as much information as possible on file and with Buildium you can put as much information as you need, place tags for easy reporting, and this information is for authorized users to see. To me, you can never have too much information and it makes is so much easier if you have a person leave and the new hire to move it and look at the information to be brought up to date.

Minpunten: When I first started working with Buildium I wished that there had been a step by step workflow check sheet because at times I had to go and research if I was entering the data correctly. But that was quickly solved while speaking with Buidium's excellent customer support team members.
Finally, I would recommend a Buildium forum where all users can go on and if they have questions can post it to the forum as another user may have had the same problem.

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Nancy H.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019

"Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features"

Opmerkingen: Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Minpunten: Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019
Jenna D.
Property Manager / REALTOR
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

"Great for a startup or simple management company"

Opmerkingen: Again this is really simple and great for the amount of money but Id love to see more improvements more often. I enjoy using the program and do find it be most of what I need.

Pluspunten: Love how simple this is to use! I personally didnt have a big bookkeeping/accounting background so setting up, implementing and using this was much easier than other software that is for more of an advanced user. Tenant messaging is great! Love the use of resident website.

Minpunten: Wish I could do more with the tenant emails, notices. I have to use a third party to get really cool looking emails/notices. You cant even really put in a image which would be helpful. Reports are customizable enough. As we are all different I would love to have more options for the reports not just on what info they show, or filter out but the actual width of columns, etc. I dont like to export to spreadsheet then edit. More ability to communicate with all parties on a work order, right now you can only update by checking tenant or owner. Would love to be able to send messages to vendors separate from tenants/owners. Also hate having to make a task then work order, it should really be just a work order. Then you can create a task for other things.

van Buildium op 27-8-2019

Hi Jenna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We've noted your feedback on emails, reports, and work order communications, and will be passing them along to the appropriate product teams.

Thanks again for the review!

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Eyal K.
Broker

"The Buildium Experiance"

Opmerkingen: Overall, great software with dedicated team (to the most part).

Pluspunten: Buildiun is a very easy to use software. New features are normally well received by my staff.

Minpunten: Missing some features. 3rd Party (FORTE) is not customer friendly.

Hi Eyal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are also excited to let you know that Buildium has created its own internal payments platform and is in the process of transitioning its customers over to that system.

Diane P.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019

"Buildium Builds Confidence in Our Owners and Tenants"

Opmerkingen: I have come to rely on Buildium always being there when I need to enter information into the system or to generate a report or look up a transaction. I can't remember ever having a time when the system was down or not available. Not having to worry about this gives me peace of mind, and in a sometimes hectic environment, this is important. Buildium is dependable.

Pluspunten: I use Buildium daily and rely on it to enter information that will be used to generate monthly and annual reports. The finished product is easy to read and looks very professional. Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment. For our tenants, they really like being able to pay their rent on line, saving them time and money. If I have an issue that needs to be resolved, I know I can count on Buildium's customer service department to answer my questions quickly and accurately.

Minpunten: I understand how this software works now because I have been using it for the past several years, however, there was a little bit of a learning curve. Because I know the limitations of Buildium and how to get around them, there is less and less that I don't like about the software.

Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We know what a tough job property management can be, and we're so happy that we can help bring you peace-of-mind!

We appreciate you as a loyal customer!

Nicole G.

"best software"

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love buildium

Pluspunten: easy to setup/use
It cuts my job in half
always adding more features
online portal

Minpunten: I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team.

Thanks again!

Karen H.
President of the HOA
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2019

"Best investment of our HOA"

Opmerkingen: Bookkeeping and reports are easy to enter and pull. Reconciliations are flawless. When I figured out that we could save documents/invoices by entering all outgoing payments as bills first, it was GREAT! The approval process is really good for checks and balances in our management of the community. One of the issues that I believe will be solved in the next 10 years is that some of our most elderly residents (usually those in their 80's) don't like portals and believe that their information will not be secure. Younger residents don't seem to have the same issues (by younger I mean anyone under 80). In 2017, when we took over management from a management company, we had a treasurer who wanted to do accounting and tracking with spreadsheets and was literally afraid of online software. He was over 80. Because of the time it takes to manage a community as a volunteer, it is usual to have elder individuals involved in boards and committees. We have it down to a handful of those who refuse to go to their portals. Lastly, my request to have an online process for architectural control does not seem to have gotten to the front of the line. It would be so beneficial for us to have that to be able to streamline another process for self-management.

Pluspunten: Buildium has been great for our resident managed HOA. We did a thorough vetting job in choosing our management software, and it has lived up to what we hoped for. The books are right there, and we can allow anyone to see all that is going on at any time. Board members and volunteers have different levels of access, and that has made it easy for reporting. Resident portals are great, and the communication is easy.

Minpunten: Size of documents/invoices you can is smaller than needed, so I often have to split documents into parts which is annoying. The email took doesn't allow cut and paste of a pdf into the body of text. I always have to send our newsletter as an attachment. Sometimes q & a does not answer my questions for simple things -- such as, I misspelled the name of a new owner, and it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to correct, because there was no answer provided in q & a. My biggest "complaint" would be that this is rental focused in some regard, and we have no tenants. We only have owners, and residents sometimes tell us they are confused by the things that say "tenants" or refer to rentals.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2019
Betsy F.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019

"With just a few tweaks.. this would be an amazing piece of software."

Opmerkingen: Good - pretty responsive to every annoying call I make and I tend to be somewhat tenacious. thanks!

Pluspunten: Tenant tracking, tenant ledger, and reporting of tenant payments. The tenant log on ease and the on line payment process. So for managing tenants - awesome! The features for managing the vendors for repairs - awesome! Love the bulk charges feature.. well designed and functional!

Minpunten: Some of the interface features.. like when entering a charge.. I always have to scroll to save it... little annoyance.. but why? .. Tighten the window. Allow tabbing and the enter key to move through the screen. I don't want to touch my mouse!
The big frustration is that I can't write a tenant security deposit refund check to multiple tenants - it is by law that all tenants be on the refund check - yes I have figured out workarounds - but it is silly. I now just physically write them on the finished check. It looks stupid - but I don't have time to do my workaround. Fix that! In addition, take a look at the " final report" for the tenant on their none of the important information is visible... (Call me - I can help you!)
The really big thing that would be nice is already programmed with your bulk charges feature.. I want to be able to "Bulk distribute checks to a list of investors" What that means is -I have my list of investors and instead of putting charges on a ledger - put a check entry onto the bank ledger so I could print checks and send them. Using all of the features of the bulk charges - except.. bulk payment. ( We have investors for each building - we pay them dividends several times a year -- same percentage, same names ... but I have to manually enter them. YOU CAN DO IT... I would be so happy!!!!!!!

• Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019