The only accounting software I'll use

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Stephanie C.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pluspunten: Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Minpunten: I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

van Intuit op 14-11-2019

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a 5 star review!

Best option we've found

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019
Tom H.
Member
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't. It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time. I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere. Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Minpunten: QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

van Intuit op 13-11-2019

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429

Wishing you continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbook The old and the online

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2019
Consultant
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Still my go to package and it will continue to get better as time goes by with the online version.
Offline version is still be most powerful for small business (non-us) countries.

Pluspunten: It has becoming the defecto accounting package for my company and we recommend it due to ease of use, and familiarity. The technology has evolved into the online offerings and this added the value to small business enabling them to interface online with customers, - estimates, quotes and invoices can be easily email.
The offline (desktop) version was preferred by small non US based business due to the ability to customize some components to fit non-generic business procedures, the online version is a bit more standardize.
However overall the online offer has quite suited for small business. It ease of use and cloud offer takes away from a number of business continuity challenges, allowing a mom or pop shop to operate with the public image as any other large firm.
Reporting for the small business user is a great feature, help management to be self sufficient with dashboard reporting, built in.

Minpunten: COST: The online software for the required feature will a small business at least 35 per month for the current offer.
LACK of ability to Custom fields: There is a lack of ability to create your own data fields which is useful for non-us customer due to local standards and regulations.

van Intuit op 11-11-2019

Thanks so much for your detailed review. We strive to provide the necessary tools to meet the needs of every business. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks. As the product evolves, we're working to incorporate even more functionality. You can find out more about these kinds of updates by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Katlyn B.
Human Resources Director
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pluspunten: Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Minpunten: We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

van Intuit op 11-11-2019

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com).

David, The QuickBooks Team

Perfect for small business

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2019
Gloria P.
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pluspunten: I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Minpunten: The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

van Intuit op 5-11-2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!

QuickBooks Online review

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2019
Justin V.
Senior Manager
Administratie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As we deal with mostly smaller business our experience is very good with QBO and it works very well and i would say a large majority of our clients are happy with it.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a very useful software for our industry. It gives clients a much easier time when completing their accounting records. The software is fairly easy to use with most clients (even those with little or not accounting experience) can use the software little or no training on our part.

Minpunten: The software is very good and very geared towards smaller companies and owner-manged businesses. If the company grows it is very evident that QBO is no longer useful for them. It does not handle a large number of transactions easily and the larger you are the more likely that error downloads will occur and duplicates or omitting transactions does occur.

van Intuit op 5-11-2019

Hi, Justin. Providing you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! We're continually working to provide advanced features and functionality that will meet the needs of every business. To find out about what's going on behind the scenes, we invite you to check out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, you may want to take a look at our available apps that integrate directly with your account to expand it's versatility (https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home).

Wishing you continued success!

Quick Book Review

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2019
Brenda G.
Executive Admin
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using QB made my life a lot easier in terms of my work and allow me to do a lot. it tracts our finances well and able to return the mistakes that companies making in tallying the accounts. it practically made me feel as i am really an accounts because the basic accounting is very easy to learn despite if you are a beginner in this software. The details in the board are very well written and understand easily without going in any training. it is perfectly very helpful.

Pluspunten: Aside from Its easier to use even if you doesn't have the accounting background, it keep things in order. It helps you understand the basic book keeping the reports about finances and the invoicing is a lot easier to do on this software. I thank this as i am able to connect with the financial status and bank qualifications without committing any mistake.

Minpunten: QB is not compatible with all the banks and not able to inform you if there are problems with the connection. They should upgrade some details to be able to catch up with the trends as other establishments are upgrading their accounting software. I have difficulty also in using our cheque printer as its always occurring the network not compatible with the software note.

van Intuit op 31-10-2019

Hi there, Brenda. We believe in simplifying the functions and tools in the software to make your job easier. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed using QuickBooks. We'll continue to help lighten he work load! Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve the software. You can keep up with what will be included in new updates by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Finance & Accounting Assistant

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Miguel M.
Finance & Accouting Assistant
Milieudiensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

Pluspunten: We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's:
1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other
2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed.
3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO
4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Minpunten: 1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail.
2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link
3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

van Intuit op 31-10-2019

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thanks for your review!

QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019
Kianja J.
Bookkeeper
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Minpunten: I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

van Intuit op 28-10-2019

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

More than enough for our small company

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019
Controller
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pluspunten: QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Minpunten: It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

van Intuit op 4-10-2019

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Robin P.
Client Relations
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pluspunten: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Minpunten: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

van Intuit op 1-10-2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2019
Tim A.
Lead Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pluspunten: I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Minpunten: There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

van Intuit op 19-9-2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pluspunten: Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Minpunten: The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

van Intuit op 17-9-2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106).

QuickBooks Review

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2019
Christian A.
Revenue Specialist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pluspunten: It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Minpunten: I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

van Intuit op 16-9-2019

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Wishing you the best.

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Beverly W.
Logistics Manager
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pluspunten: Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Minpunten: I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

van Intuit op 13-9-2019

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Cheers to continued success!

Almost flawless functionality

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2019
Lynn B.
Attorney
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Pluspunten: Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Minpunten: Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

van Intuit op 10-9-2019

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thank you for review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Great features for the price point

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pluspunten: Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Minpunten: The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it.
Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

van Intuit op 9-9-2019

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Anthony C.
Operations manager
Kleding en mode, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pluspunten: I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate.
It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily.
With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Minpunten: Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order.
Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa.
Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

van Intuit op 9-9-2019

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks: Perfect for small businesses; requires minimal accounting background; cost efficient

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Karen R.
Bookkeeper
Maritiem, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: QuickBooks is perfect for a small business without extensive accounting knowledge to manage and track financial aspects of their business. With the online payroll tax reports available as well as year end W2's and 1099's, it is very easy to handle monthly, quarterly, and year end tax reporting with an affordable subscription . The con is that it is a "one size fits all" and does not offer enough ability to customize to a specific business.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks is the most popular software on the market due to it's ease of use, and it's cost efficiency. A beginner with computer literacy and basic financial knowledge can set up a company and post transactions with little or no support assistance. Printing needed month end reports such as Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Job Costs, etc. is simple and requires minimal steps to accomplish. With the online subscription, payroll is quick and easy including payroll tax reports. The ability to send our CPA a year end report for filing taxes is a major plus.

Minpunten: While QuickBooks is the easiest accounting software to use, I prefer more detailed accounting applications. I have in-depth accounting knowledge and would prefer to have a company specific design rather than a cookie cutter one size fits all. While I like the financial reports with QuickBooks, I really don't like the Payroll report designs. Previous accounting software that I used offered a much better layout for payroll reports which offered a quick view of employee wages and deductions. QB's report has too many wasted columns in the P/R report and it takes a lot of time for me to customize the report to the information that I want. There are also functions that are not available in QB such as easy posting of "cash advances" to employees which is something used frequently by the company I work with.

van Intuit op 26-8-2019

We love knowing you've been able to count on us for your reporting, tracking, and payroll needs, Karen! Providing the tools to make your job easier is our number one goal. For additional info on customizing reports, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382). To stay in the know on how we're working to improve, we invite you to take a look at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2016
4.5 / 5
2.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Minpunten: The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability. The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow. If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup. In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

There is nothing that can replace QB. Believe me, I tried them all.

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2018
Photographer/CEO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Everyone will tell you it takes a while to get used to, but once you do nothing can compare. The amount of data available to you from this program is just incredible. A basic understanding of bookkeeping is a must but a few online courses and some guidance from a decent accountant will have you on your way to a complete picture of how your business is running, good or bad. We use QB online and thought it doesn't have all the features of the desktop software, we prefer to not have all our data store on one computer in one location since we often travel for work for a month at a time. Also the customer service is by far some of the best i have ever experienced of a modern company. Everytime we did have a problem we would call they took our questions seriously with sincerity and personal responsibility to find the answers as if this were their personal problem. One time we were on the phone for 2 hours and not once did the person seem like he wanted to dismiss us and felt honestly puzzeled about the software glitch.

Minpunten: There are still a few programing glitches, a few more than I would like there to be. The bank account connections often go down but I have a feeling that has more to do with the banks than the software.

van Intuit op 26-6-2018

First things first, thank you so much for this incredible review! I'm overjoyed QB has done so much for you and your business. All this said, I want to ensure the software is working optimally, and have some info in mind that is widely known to clear up glitches.

To start, try clearing your browser cache. Temporary data, which typically helps pictures and text on frequented web-pages load faster, can cause performance issues in QuickBooks. To remove this info, please follow the directions at community.intuit.com/articles/1145697.

As for the bank connections, this article tackles fixes, as well as how to search for steps to resolve the most common error codes: community.intuit.com/articles/1145508.

This will have you squared away, and I'm wishing you continued success moving forward!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019
William S.
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Minpunten: The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

van Intuit op 8-8-2019

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019
Bulinda M.
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Minpunten: I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

van Intuit op 8-8-2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!

The Small Business Software of Choice

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2019
Tracy O.
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Pluspunten: What I like most about the software is:
1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task.
2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything.
3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing.
4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes.
5. Value for the money
6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Minpunten: Cons:
1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good.
2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

van Intuit op 6-8-2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637).

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!

Great Product for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Director Of Operations / Lead Systems Technician
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Pluspunten: the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Minpunten: As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

van Intuit op 31-7-2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!