In over 10 years with Volusion my overall experience has been fantastic!

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018
Tanya B.
Pressident
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software has allowed me to run a successful online business for more than 10 years.

Pluspunten: I love everything about Volusion. The software is easy to use and it does everything I need it to do. In my 20+ years in business online I have had a lot of ecommerce carts and nothing even comes close to what Volusion does. Their support is excellent, although at times you do have to wait to speak to customer service, but they always resolve my issues quickly. They have even at times fixed things for me that is not really in their job description. My site was recently redesigned with a new template and it is so much easier to navigate and I have and so many compliments from long time customers. It is hands down the best shopping cart I have used in 20 years. The help files they provide are very helpful and I am able to resolve many issues myself. They are constantly adding new features that make my day to day life easier.

Minpunten: At this time I can only think of one issue that I wish were different. There are a couple reviews from customers that are inaccurate and unfair. In these cases I like to reach out and type a response. The software allows you to do that but you cannot create spaces between what they have typed and what I type. Not only will it not allow me to start a new paragraph, there is zero space between their response and mine. Although I am a perfectionist and wish I could create additional spaces so they can be read easier, it is definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Very robust software but an outdated dashboard

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2018
Director of Trade Shows, Training, and Events
Cosmetica, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This site had a lot of features I loved and were automatically included. Multi-level pricing, customer ticketing, ability to receive multiple payments against an invoice. Features that I no longer have on Shopify or have to pay extra for.

Pluspunten: The best thing about Volusion is that many of the features are automatically included in their packages. Unlike Shopify where you have to add other apps to do things you want it to do. We were on Volusion about three years before switching to Shopify and it wasn't our choice to switch.

Minpunten: It wasn't easy for my staff to learn and the dashboard isn't very user-friendly or aesthetically pleasing like it's competitors. There aren't many free themes that make your site look amazing so you really need to pay for customization unless you know how to do it yourself. Also, downtime. It didn't happen often but when it did, you just have to wait until it comes back up.

OK if you aren't looking to do much.

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018
Purchasing Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It has built in inventory and purchase orders, so you can get away with just using Shipstation for shipping. If you are selling a small assortment of products on your own site only, this might work for you.

Minpunten: API is an absolute disaster. You can't find an agency to work with the API because it's proprietary, so you're limited to who is already partnered with Volusion. Do not, under any circumstances, use Volusion's native eBay and Amazon integrations. In fact, if you want to list products on a marketplace, it's best to use any other shopping cart. Parent-child products instead of swatch-linked and organized product variations. Inflexible because there are no metafields that you can create. It's either their predefined fields or nothing at all.

Good, but costs build up fast

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2019
Realtor
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It served its purpose early on when I was a small ecommerce store, but I outgrew it much too quickly.

Pluspunten: I liked that it was easy to set up and get going. The user interface was simple and I was able to teach others to use it quickly.

Minpunten: While there were several small issues with its ability to interact with other services, my primary concern was that the bills just kept skyrocketing. My "usage" was reaching a point I had to find another option because the additional fees each month were astounding. Support was less than helpful of supportive of options to help mitigate the issues. Ultimately I ended up finding another provider.

It's full featured, but has fallen behind to more modern competitors

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2018
Ryan S.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Very nuanced. Product options, shipping options, categories, etc. provide many options for customizing your store without the need for 3rd party integrations for added cost.

Minpunten: When issues arise, there is no email support, limited phone support and a live chat window (using Intercom) that just doesn't cut it. When a store goes down or has an issue, it's important to know exactly what the status of that issue is, and a live chat that can sometimes take an hour or more for a reply is insufficient. Also, bandwidth costs are VERY expensive and bills can add up quickly for established stores.

Volusion has given us a great web site

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2019
Michael W.
Operations Manager
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been using Volusion since 2011. It has never failed us. Never has a customer or a potential customer called with a complaint about any aspect of our web site. We have hundreds of products, and thousands of customers. It is so easy to create new products, new pages, new categories, and arrange them as I wish. Volusion ia also handling our PPC accounts, creating and maintaining ads, with weekly reports. Overall, I would recommend Volusion to anyone looking to create a digital storefront.

Pluspunten: The stability. There's never been an issue with connectivity.

Minpunten: There are not very many options for offering my customers discounts. Coupon codes are very restricted.

Volusion for the Workplace

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2019
Sunny F.
Marketing Specialist
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great. It allowed for me to build a sleek and simple trailers site.

Pluspunten: I like Volusion because of how it is set up in the background/Admin area. It is layed out where you can easily find things and keep your website info well organized. I switched to Volusion from Wix, and was able to teach myself how to use it. It allowed for more customizing that Wix did, and the company I work for is currently still using Volusion.

Minpunten: Sometimes I had to go back in and resave something because it didn't seem to take, but that could have very well been on my computer's end and not at the fault of Volusion.

Maybe not the best choice, but not a bad one

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018
Marketing Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is not bad, but probably you will find better options

Pluspunten: I liked that it is easy to set up a fast and more or less professional looking ecommerce stores. And then sales follow.

Minpunten: As a customer I felt that they were more about developing their other platform for big companies (mozu) than taking care of updating Volusion. Templated where looking dated, it could not be multilanguages, and I had to pay strong extras to add some basic features. Anycase, it is a good platform, customer service is very attentive and I had good sales results with them.

I have been with Volusion for over 10 years and have never been disappointed.

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2017
Sue F.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Continuous uptime, fast & friendly customer service and tons of features to customize your site. I tried the SEO plan to optimize my site and my organic search is up dramatically, well worth every cent.

Minpunten: Can be somewhat daunting to get set up, but you'll get it. UI can be a bit confusing, but the Help Center is really easy to find and get all the answers you need.

Volusion is good platform for small business.

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Marie S.
Website Manager
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it as been an asset to our business.

Pluspunten: It is easy to set up and get started. You can quickly load products via spread sheets and process orders quickly

Minpunten: It doesn't offer as many integrations as other similar products. Customizing your design is difficult and it is missing some features that would be nice - such as advance reports and coupon functionality.

All-In-One e-Commerce Solution!

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2018
Kristen M.
CFO
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We did extensive research on an e-commerce platform. Volusion blows competitors out of the water. Easy to use and professional tool.

Pluspunten: Features social media integration, very user friendly, advanced shopping cart features. It is affordable and there are no transaction fees. It is also mobile-friendly! Easy to create a professional, custom design. Special themes cost extra, but even the free themes are great!

Minpunten: The customer support and support resources are not the most helpful. Sometimes you have to spend some time digging through the support to find your answer. There are also bandwidth overage fees, so make sure to plan for that.

Spectacular experience with Volusion over the last 8 years since opening my online business!

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2017
Jeff C.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It does everything I need it to do to run my online business http://www.rtrkidsrugs.com. It was easy to setup & it works perfectly! I like the content management aspect & ease of use! I have been involved in all aspects of setting it up & using the software & I have been well pleased.

I do not recommend using Volusion

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
Aaron M.
Web Developer/Ecommerce Strategist
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Exporting data out and importing it back in is pretty easy, and pretty fast, but that is the only Pro I can think of...

Minpunten: It's not free itself, its a hosted, paid solution. You have very little control of the codebase, which highly interferes with customizations and SEO.

rebuilt our website through volusion website and CRM

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2018
Program and Communications Coordinator
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: having the website and CRM in one place made everything extremely easy and streamlined.

Pluspunten: I liked how the website was connected to the CRM system. Made it easy to go to one place to do everything I needed to do and could really calculate conversions

Minpunten: It was a little difficult to design the website exactly the way we wanted it to be, tho that may have just been my bosses doing.

Easy to navigate

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2019
Mayra A.
SALES REP
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like how we I can navigate easily and easy to lean the system

Pluspunten: It's people friendly. It's easy to insert notes and fast learning.

Minpunten: The system is slow sometimes when there is system maintenance

Volusion eCommerce

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Heather J.
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a new eCommerce platform. I have tried several and had pretty much decided to use Volusion. The software was easy to use, the templates were clean and simple, the overall look was for me. Then, their customer service agents started calling me, emailing me, and texting me NON STOP. I have been receiving communications from them 3-4 time each day since I started my trial period. It is very annoying, disrupted, and time consuming. I am the type of person who will ask for help if I need it. The incessant communications were very disruptive to my schedule. I will not be using this software.

Pluspunten: The software seemed very user friendly. The templates were clean and simple yet eyecatching.

Minpunten: The software itself did not have any cons for me.

Used them for 15 years and thinking about looking for a replacement

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Brien W.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Over all volusion has been good but year after year I see no real innovations. We are using there V1 version and wanted to try there V2 but they are starting from the bottom up and it lack a lot of the v1 basics. I would tell anyone wait till volusion gets V2 done and has all the features before going with it.

Pluspunten: Stable
WYSIWYG Editor
Easy to embed Youtube videos on product pages
Good customizable Order screen

Minpunten: There is a Lack of standard features that other shopping carts have already or have as a addon.
NO reorder button for returning customers.
NO full address correction.
NO per item shipping restrictions.
NO built in blog.
Phone order page you can not search for a product and add it you have to enter it all product info.
Can not make custom order status.
NO UPS iGlobal

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Proejct Manager
Programmaontwikkeling, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have operated 8 different websites out of Volsion and I enjoyed working with the platform. Support was great when needed, and website are clean and functional.

Pluspunten: Volusion is easy to setup, add products, and use. There are some great features, such as CSV imports/exports and built in CRM. For the small business you have many tools at your disposal, and it makes it easy view and process orders.

Minpunten: The templates are a little difficult to modify, but not impossible.

Easy to use ecommerce software with limitations to customization

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Ecommerce Marketing
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Modern looking website with a simple, easy checkout

Pluspunten: This software is great if you want a quick solution for a modern looking website with ecommerce capability. Easy to set up, not expensive, modern checkout (single page) and mobile friendly. It is also easy to edit the design with direct access to a HTML editor if you wish, or a WYSIWYG if that is easier for you.

Minpunten: If you have a lot of inventory, or want to customization the products and design, there are limitations to doing so. Also the web interface for customizing products, designing your site, can take awhile to learn and be slightly buggy. Only one person should be logged in and making changes at a time.

They need a long way to go

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2018
Roxy P.
rep
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: At first i was excited to hear about volusion, there were compared to shopify.....
who ever made that comparison i wonder if they ever even used either system ????
I did not use volusion for very long because with in the first 20 min of singing up i realized they had nothing i needed, there interrogations were like 4 apps, their customer service was great they did try to help me and followed up with me about what i needed from the site. but they just didnt have what i need. (i sell on multiple platforms) if you are usinsing this for a non ECommerce site,i think this may work for you. I do not recommend this for stores with goods/ selling ect.

Minpunten: I did not like that customer serivice wanted me to tell they what they need to add to their site..
they also said they did have other apps, but they were not online and we could "talk about them"
not a fan of that.

Volusion may have been one of the first but its starting to come in last.

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Greg H.
Creative Director
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: A good platform to launch a site on with ease.

Minpunten: There are just too many competitors that do this better than Volusion does.

A solid platform but lacks some major features

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2019
Moaz T.
Web Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Volusion is a solid platform that help you get your ecommerce stores up and running in no time.

Minpunten: IMO it is getting outdated and they would need a major overhaul if they want to compete in the market. It lacks some of the modern features other platforms offer e.g. cart and checkout APIs for frontend. The templating engine isn't up to date either

A nice option for eCommerce Businesses

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Jill T.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like that it is an all inclusive solution for eCommerce Storefronts. You can customize nearly everything from start to finish, which is a very nice feature.

Minpunten: There is a HUGE learning curve when working on this software. It took quite a long time for me to learn it and become proficient.

Lots of great features right out of the box

Beoordeeld op 30-5-2019
Online media, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Lots of great features come as standard and aren’t an optional paid extra like other solutions. Has a lot of great integrations.

Minpunten: There can be some confusion in the backend working out where certain settings are.

Love It

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2019
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I really like the fact that Volusion is very user friendly. Also the customer service is fantastic very friendly and on the ball.

Minpunten: I like everything about Volusion! Everything is wonderful.