Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT reviews

Over Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Financial Edge NXT biedt complete functies voor fondsboekhouding, zodat je financiële processen kunt stroomlijnen en verantwoordelijkheid kunt tonen.

Meer informatie over Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Wide range of training available. Excellent customer support.

Getting information out in a form and format that they could use was difficult to impossible. I was told they spent $250k getting the program up and running in implementation costs.

Beoordelingen van Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,7

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 165 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (165)

Dominique
Dominique
Staff Accountant in VS
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

My review of Financial Edge NXT

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I like Financial Edge NXT and I couldn’t imagine doing my job without it!

I like that this software is for finance and accounting professionals. It has helped me to perform the daily functions of my job with limited interruptions.

I haven’t been able to understand the allocation module, and so we are still doing our investments manually. The guide that is provided seems to work more for people who have an overall understanding of how it should work.

Meredith
Finanace Specialist in VS
Bibliotheken, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Review of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been great. Tech support and our implementation team were fantastic to help us get everything in place and have been a great resource as we have continued to learn the program. Having a solution that is not installed on the network , but on the cloud has given us more flexibility. And information is shown in a more user friendly display to easily see data all in one place.

Blackbaud being a Non-Profit Financial accounting system works well for us in the non-profit/ government sector as a library. They truly understand the needs non-profits have and work to create solutions for those problems and needs. Blackbaud is easy to use, and easy to train new employees with. The training Blackbaud provides can not compare to many other products. There are 20+ classes that can be taken with an online instructor or through E-learning . This training has helped us implement this software across multiple locations and make sure our staff was prepared for their duties within Blackbaud.

As a government/non-profit agency we are required to use Purchase orders. Blackbaud's purchase order system is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. They are working to move the purchase order system to the WebView and we have been told it will make several changes to make the PO portion easier to use. We also need to be able to multi level approvals on an invoice and the solution Blackbaud was able to provide until they get everything in WebView didn't work for our organization, as we are required to have a pre-audit statement on all purchase orders and invoices that are paid

Brian
IT Director in VS
Filantropie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Financial Edge NXT Not Ready for Primetime

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After seeing the NXT demo, it was clear that moving to the new platform would provide our business with all the functionality we were missing in our on premise thick client version. THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE! Although during the demo it was clearly stated that some of the modules would not be moved from the old version to the new, it was not stated that features in the NXT migrated modules would not be available... so if you are working in say AP and rolling along with your work, you might hit a feature set that does not exist in NXT and requires you to switch to the Citrix version think client. It turns out that only a small percentage of the system has been migrated to NXT. This plan to migrate the modules and functions within the modules in realtime is a massive failure. The performance hit moving to the cloud was intollerable. GL uploads take twice as long even after assessing bandwidth and attempting to do the uploads on the local Blackbaud servers in the cloud. Its as if they did not build the environment robust enough to support the client base. There were features that simply did not work. Printing is problematic and the WebPortal for purchases and requisitions simply does not work. It fails with a web browser error. They said they fixed it as they had identified a node that was not turned up (you would have though they would have a monitoring tool to know this was the case) but this did not solve the problem in the end. Screen lockups, and crashes began to occur and yet there was no one who could effectively analyze the issues and solve the problems. We now have to roll our database back to our on premise version and search for a new solution. We will not be using Blackbaud. Their support is horrendous; forget telephone support your could be on hold for an hour or more; we were able to get on chats but that took some time as well. It was not until we started yelling and escalating that we finally got some response because the number of open incidents was ridiculous. I'm sure their bread and butter CRM and Grand management apps are probably fine but hosted Financial Edge/NXT definitely not worth the money.

None...

Product just does not work.

Calyn
Accountant in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great Fund Accounting Software

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We moved from QuickBooks to BlackBaud because we needed a fund accounting program and it has performed well for our organization. Our department heads now have access to the site and can see their financials more than just once a month which is game changing for financial decisions.

The cost of this software verses the others in the market is very affordable. The implementation went very smooth and it has been working very well. Support is usually really quick and helpful to get problems solved.

The reporting functions are time consuming to set up but most reports can be built to suit your needs and work great after the initial build.

Kenton
Director of Operations in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Good product - backward implementation

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The worst part is implementation. We had to make decisions about setup that cannot be changed before we fully understood how we wanted to use the software. They should have allowed us to use our own data in a "sandbox" model to learn how things work.

I love the fact that you can create journal entries and invoices and include that information in reports before posting them. This helps to avoid mistakes. The web view is user friendly and fairly intuitive.

The database view is archaic and not user friendly. Many functions have not yet been converted to the web view and must be done in the database view.

Cain
Controller in VS
Filantropie, 2-10 werknemers

Financial Edge - Hands Down the Best Nonprofit Accounting Package

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Listen, price is always a concern, but so is the time you'll spend manipulating reports in Excel when you work with lesser software packages. I guarantee you, pit me on Financial Edge against an accountant on any other software, and I can get the job done at least twice as fast, and if it's QuickBooks, five times as fast, and without ever having to go into Excel to do anything.

I've worked with Blackbaud's Financial Edge for over 2 decades now (even back when it was called Accounting for Nonprofits), and it's the best for nonprofit accounting. Its chart of accounts can be changed at any point to accommodate as many segments as you need (I have worked with as many as 4 segments), and reporting of any kind is easily accomplished with the variety of accessible reports and queries. A lot of journal entries that you'd need to create in other software packages are easily handled through invoice entry in accounts payable, at the time of invoice entry, through miscellaneous distributions. Customer service is excellent as well.

The annual support for customer service is a bit pricey, and designed to keep you on the hook forever (if you don't pay for a year, because you don't think you will need support - and after the first year or two you may not - as soon as you need support, you've got to pay a large percentage of all the years you missed). Not a con, but Blackbaud's products get a bad rep from bookkeepers who are more used to the silliness of QuickBooks than the accountant's dream that Financial Edge really is.

Dorothy E. "Dolly"
Dorothy E. "Dolly"
Manager Of Information Systems in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers

This product really can only get better

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our finance and marketing departments use Blackbaud FE and RE daily and they get the job done. Migrating to something else at this point would be a monumental task, but it still may well be worth the effort.

Interfaces with our Fund Raising software (Raiser's Edge, I am equally thrilled with that too, and mostly for the same reasons cited herein). Blackbaud offers a good training program (which considering the product license fees all of which should be free).

The reporting is cumbersome. Lack of a self-service audit trail. The interface is not intuitive.

Reactie Blackbaud

5 jaar geleden

Hi Dorothy! I appreciate you taking the time to review Financial Edge 7 (legacy version of Financial Edge NXT) and being a loyal customer. All of the concerns you brought up in this review have been addressed the cloud-based version of FE7, Financial Edge NXT. ¿ Reporting - take advantage of being able to run multiple reports in your background at the same time, so that you can keep working while they run. You also get drill-down capabilities, 100 canned reports, and more. ¿ Interface - Financial Edge NXT is a cloud-based, modern, and intuitive platform. It is responsive and highly configurable. ¿ Audit Trail - Financial Edge NXT provides a complete audit trail with the ability for users (with permissions) to self-serve this information directly in the system. ¿ Migration - Migrating to Financial Edge NXT is very easy for Financial Edge 7 clients. We ensure that you have no loss of functionality, no data conversion, and no re-implementation. - Blake Paradise

Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Great cloud based accounting system for non profits!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I've been using black baud for almost 10 years, I love the ease of using the AP side. It's very easy to get from viewing a vendor, to adding a new invoice and checking for purchase orders, all in one window (with tabs).

The only thing I don't like, it seems there are updates (which is great, but sometimes complicates things). It loses the alignment on my checks pretty drastically and doesn't save the alignment for a new run. I'm not sure if there's a glitch. It does time out kind of quickly if you aren't constantly using the system.

Reactie Blackbaud

5 jaar geleden

Hello Reviewer, I appreciate you taking the time to review Financial Edge NXT! As you may know, we listen to our customers' feedback for updates - I have let our product team know about your issue with check alignment. Please let me know if you have any other issues! - [email protected]

Manager, Information Systems in Canada
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Easy to Use and access. I would recommend Raiser's Edge to anyone. Once you have aligned your system with Finance reports are really easy to produce.

Raiser's Edge has so many fields that can be used or created, if you don't have an established process things can get messy like any database.

Steve
Steve
CFO in VS
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

We use the full suite of modules and like the integration and support. Payroll is more challenging.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Help and support tools / resources are great. Chat support is responsive and gets a solution to the problem.

Payroll leave time management configuration is challenging for our organization that has a complex leave time structure.

Emily
Director of Finance in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie

Great product for Non Profits

4,0 7 jaar geleden

The versatility of the product was great. You are able to track data on several levels using account numbers, and several transaction codes that you are able to define yourself. Despite all of that information that was housed individually, the software also would allow you to consolidate information across multiple entities. Report writing was fairly simple as were day to day processes of entering journal entries, AP invoices and AR invoices. A nice feature of the reporting was that you were able to create one report and filter it by the transaction codes before running the report. This meant you did not have to have 100s of reports for different scenarios. Instead you could create one report and filter it each time by the transaction codes or entities you were interested in viewing. We also integrated the software with PaperSave which allowed us to go paperless.

The support was not always the best. If you had an issue, sometimes the support had a difficult time understanding your issue and resolving it in a timely manner.

Claire
Accountant in
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

A top accounting software for non-profit

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Blackbaud really values users' opinions. It connects all non-profit users together. It also emails me helpful tips every week.

Very good customer service. Comprehensive training program. I took all courses and mastered the software within 3 months. Those courses gave me an in-depth view of the software and simplify my work process. Financial Edge has easy-to-use features that meet our organization needs. I like the query function, VCO and various reports. VCO allows me to build reports in certain format, and query allows me to extract data quickly. The query function helps me survived this year's auditing. When an account was off, I used query and easily found the problems to fix it.

It logged me out and ran very slow sometimes. I'd like it to be able to communicate with excel easily.

TOdd
Dir of Operations in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers

Financial Edge

4,0 5 jaar geleden

FE is great for a fund accounting software. It does all the basics. A/P is simple and easy to accomplish. The fixed asset module works great. the ledger is fine. It can get more complicated than necessary due to the ledger structure

FE is too hard to get help. There is a lot online, but sometimes you just need to have someone talk you through an issue. I have had an issue once where I needed to have their IT dept. fix a corruption in their software when I was closing a fiscal year. This software simply costs too much for maintenance and support.

Lisa
CRM Manager in
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers

FENXT - Changing with the times

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Keep listening to your customer base. This is a great product and it's getting better all the time.

FENXT is a very robust product. This web-based product is being enhanced constantly. The folks at Blackbaud have been very responsive to customer feedback and if there is a functionality that isn't there, they do their best to make sure that if it's possible, it is implemented. Very happy with how the product has evolved.

My suggestion at this time would be to wait until features are closer to being released before announcing them. Very frustrating when you know that something you need is going to be added but then it take six months for it to be ready.

Joanie
HR Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Blackbaud for Nonprofits

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is a great product. We are very pleased with Blackbaud and do not plan on changing vendors any time soon.

This software is perfect for our organization. It continues to implement updated features to make our jobs easier.

The expense tracking sometimes appears to be offline and causes our staff a good amount of time to enter their expenses.

Christine
Sr. Finance Manager in VS

Solid financial reporting software for a mid-sized org, relatively easy to learn.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

- Love being able to run reports including un-posted transactions - Love being able to attach documents to journal entries in NXT view

- Journal entry template is clunky to use & requires a lot of clicking - Journal entries are listed "backward" in NXT (compared to database view) - Can't view the entire journal entry on one screen in NXT & only see line numbers once the entry is posted in NXT view

Ashley
Senior Manager, FP&A in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers

Overall easy to use and pull data

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Overall Financial Edge NXT is easy to use. I mostly use it to query transactions. It is easy to pull the data that I need.

Setting up queries is not intuitive. However, once you have set it up you can use the same one over and over again. I wish the output downloaded to a different version of Excel.

Nancy
Senior Database Specialist in VS

BB Financial Edge - a Perfect Solution for non profit accounting

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So many ways in which FE is the best solution out there. I love how it integrates and makes each task seamless.

Ease of use. Ease of implementation. Ease of customer support.

AS our company has grown, we have become accustomed to finding work arounds to use because of the integration with Raisers Edge. Attributes in Raisers Edge helped us so many times.

Lisa
Bookkeeper in VS
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers

Training is Essential

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm still learning NXT and all I can say is anyone considering the investment to also look at the total investment and purchase the training package. Your Employees will thank you!!

I love the training level that Blackbaud has in place I think that to be successful with Blackbaud a training package to meet your companies needs is essential. At the end of the day Blackbaud wants your success with their software and they offer the solution in awesome training opportunities.

The software has many different moving parts and being the only employee in the ar/ap deparment makes some processes a little cumbersome. I think the software is designed for larger non-profits.

Monica
Database Administrator in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Financial Edge is a Great Product

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I haven't used Financial Edge often but enough to run a few reports and post over daily batches.

Financial Edge is the best product especially if you are working with Raiser's Edge. It's the perfect companion to Accounting.

It has a steep learning curve; however, once you understand the basics of what it can do. You'll absorb a lot.

Karen
Partners in Mission in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers

eTapestry is very robust and comparable to RaisersEdge, for a smaller scale organization.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is an easy to use software tool!

The query, reporting and newly added wealth rating features are easy to use and has assisted in the improvement of my interaction with donors.

Updates sometime cause changes in the queries and or account that need to be updated. If I do not check the updates, my reporting could go wrong.

Edifon
Data analyst in Nigeria
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Aid me connect

5,0 vorig jaar

This is the most advanced tool for accounting and documentation of all financial transaction an organization should have. Easy to used

Has limited features this make it a bit second option for multipurpose organization

Margaret
Controller in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 201-500 werknemers

Good training program

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Really enjoying the training available for leArning financial edge. Accounting software is easy to use.

Customer service tickets could improve. I placed a ticket and they could not help me. But I met someone at the conference and he is going to push the issue forward.

Brooke
Accounting Program Specialist in VS

I work mostly in the AP portion of the program, some journal entries

4,0 7 jaar geleden

I love how this software integrates with it's Raiser's Edge program. We are able to easily move information from there into Financial Edge, which limits the potential for errors. Plus, we are utilizing less time by not having to type the same information over.

Finding your way around in the beginning takes a little time. Especially when you are looking for something specific.

Ashley
Assistant Controller in VS
Filantropie, 201-500 werknemers

Very intuitive

4,0 6 jaar geleden

The Visual chart organizer makes it easy to shuffle our numbers into different formats depending on the purpose and the audience.

I don’t like having to click multiple tabs to see all related information abt something (budget and actuals for an account, or vendor info and payment activity) but looking forward to NXT which will solve this.