E2 Shop System reviews

4.3/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.6/5

About E2 Shop System

Dit platform helpt winkels en fabrikanten van alle soorten en maten om slimmer te werken voor verbeterde efficiëntie, grotere flexibiliteit en grotere winst.

Meer informatie over E2 Shop System

David D.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-5-2018

"E2 Shoptech revolutionized our shop"

Pluspunten: 1. No IT guy cost to maintain server.
2. Can use inexpensive workstations. We use Chromebooks for data collection. I also use a chromebook for trips.
3. Android/Apple app for tablets that can be used for data collection
4. Also just released an app for employees to check in and out from their phone. You can post stock from this app.
5. Work from anywhere. I was in Minnesota 2 weeks ago during a blizzard. I was at starbucks, posted up next to the window, working on my chromebook with no hick ups.
6. New updated features over the old system. Better reports. More capable Hot Spots.
7. Works the same as the old system, just things are in different spots.
8. Better, more efficient user interface
9. Easier to customize reports
10. Just introduced Dashboards

Minpunten: 1. The subscription price.
2. Cert control in general can be better.
3. Employee Clock in Module is a pain. You cannot edit someone time until they are clocked out.

• Beoordeeld op 17-5-2018
Christy G.
Maritiem, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-5-2019

"E2 Shop System for Manufacturing"

Opmerkingen: The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pluspunten: This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Minpunten: There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

Darla S.
Bookkeeper
  • Beoordeeld op 6-2-2020

"Good software for a small company"

Opmerkingen: This is a versatile software, allowing me to track purchase orders and receivers for accounting purposes. The best part about this software is the customer service. I can call for help, and they are not in a hurry to get me off the phone. They truly want me to be able to use it the way I need to.

Pluspunten: This software is pretty easy to use. It has functionality for just about everything, from quoting, purchase orders, receiving, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This software also has the ability to keep track of inventory.

Minpunten: As most software, there are some glitches. I may sometimes need to exit out of the software, or exit the application entirely and go back in so that I can properly do data entry. The software also has a very basic look and reminds me of DOS applications made to work in a Windows environment. We do not use the payroll function, as we do our own direct deposit and I see no option. That would be a great addition to make to the software

• Beoordeeld op 6-2-2020
Vickie P.
Machinebouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-11-2019

"Why E2 is the software choice for Taylor Manufacturing."

Opmerkingen: Overall E2 is great. Due to the job and cost tracking capabilities of E2, we are able to stay on top of our prices that we charge our customers. We can monitor the labor expense of our machines and setup times which allows us to find new processes to maintain our original quotes. These savings are passed on to our customers which benefits our company's growth and success rate.

Pluspunten: The thing I like most about E2 is that it is so user friendly. The process of training new employees is very simple due to the ease of E2. E2 is very functional. It works wonderful for all our departments: AR, AP, Quoting & Estimating, Receiving & Shipping, order entry & purchasing, job tracking and all accounting and inventory reporting. The online forum, tutorials and customer service alone are reasons enough to purchase E2. Their customer services is top rated. I have always received help and been completely satisfied with the results each and every time I've contacted E2.

Minpunten: The thing I dislike about E2 is orphans. Orphans are little glitches that are caused when something goes wrong. E2 doesn't go backwards very well, meaning you have to be very cautious when undoing / unwinding things. Some of my fellow employees fail to unwind things the proper way so we get an orphan occasionally. Although I must say, orphans are an easy fix for E2 customer service reps.

• Beoordeeld op 20-11-2019
Kate D.
General Manager
Mijnbouw en metalen
    3.5/5
    2.5/5
    3.5/5
  • Beoordeeld op 28-7-2016

"Small Business Looking for Shop Control"

Pluspunten: Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly). Overall E2 has been a great resource for us. Pros: The software is easy to use, the information that you are able to get from reports is helpful (only as good as the information put in). Easy for all employees to use with all computer skill levels. ISO documentation was extremely helpful with becoming ISO certified. Customer service is always helpful, you always get a real person to help you with your needs.

Minpunten: Software does not allow you to do multiple things at once, it is very simplistic which might be best. Difficult to customize it to you specific needs, it can be done but there is a cost for that. If you are a start up company this software would be great to get you going with all aspects, if you are an established company you might need to adjust how you do things. We still do all of our accounting and customer quoting from QuickBooks as that works best for our company. We do not use E2 for scheduling as we are a fast pace job shop and things change on the fly and difficult to schedule within the software.

• Beoordeeld op 28-7-2016
Ryan E.
Procurement Manager
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020

"Excellent Software for what we needed."

Opmerkingen: Prior to E2 our employees worked on the honor system for hours, so we know we have become very spot on in our payroll with the use of the software. This has also allowed us to track jobs, productivity, profitability and find areas where we can drive improvement.

Pluspunten: The ability to track time tied to jobs as well as each individual employee. It has helped create a solid way to verify our profits as well as bill appropriately for hourly jobs.

Minpunten: We occasionally have issues saving items to QuickBooks with no real explanation of what is causing it. Support always assists us, but it seems like a hiccup as opposed to something being done incorrectly.

• Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020
Greg L.
cost Estimator
Industriële automatisering, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-11-2019

"Get the names right"

Opmerkingen: Repetitive naming conventions and Miss naming conventions seem to be the only problem

Pluspunten: The software was ideal for the shop floor didn't take into consideration a lot of used for the Bean Counter but more for the guy who's running the shop

Minpunten: The key here is initial setup getting you naming conventions correct at the get-go is key to not having problems

• Beoordeeld op 30-11-2019
Kathleen M.
Assistant
  • Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019

"Great for Tying Everything Together"

Pluspunten: Coming from a Quickbooks based operation I have found this software to be 1. more user friendly and 2. so convenient to keep track of all different aspects of a job/shipment. No longer do I have to make notes to "remember" to charge a customer for this service or that part - it all ties together!

Minpunten: Right now, the only thing I would like would be to able to select a previously used part from the search field when entering a quote.

• Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019
Paul C.
Olie en energie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019

"Feedback"

Opmerkingen: Like any Job shop software it works and works best if you use it right. Good info in and you get good info out. Overall is works OK. My pro's and con's are above. Seems expensive & is a growing concern.

Pluspunten: The architecture makes sense. Contains what we need to run our business.
When we have a problem, we can usually get it fixed.

Minpunten: Pricing is extremely high. We are a growing business and a company that has been with E2 a long time, the ongoing cost to add users and yearly fees has us questioning if E2 is the right choice long term. Pricing is out of hand and the migration to the cloud based E2 costing is worse yet.
The architecture does not allow you to click through to what you need, you have to write it down, back out and enter it manually. Nor can you copy & paste. Seems primitive in that regard. I usually have multiple ''time out'' errors per day. Reports and exports are weak & not customizable - we do way too much work outside of E2 to get and use information that E2 should provide.

• Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Henry R.
General Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 24-1-2020

"Love it !"

Opmerkingen: Time tracking, profit reports.

Pluspunten: The ease of using it, didn't take long to figure it out.

Minpunten: The search fields don't all relate to what someone would be looking for, to me anyways.

• Beoordeeld op 24-1-2020
Lisa M.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020

"New to E2 and already loving it"

Opmerkingen: Really happy with our decision!

Pluspunten: 1. I really like the look of E2. The colors, the fonts, and the buttons are very nice to look at and work with all day.
2. The menus are very simple, not overrun with so many options that you don't really use anyway.
3. There's almost nothing I've found that I can't undo. Forgot to add freight to an invoice or posted something to the GL and realized it was wrong? It's all undoable.
4. Customer service is not outsourced and they are very quick with their replies and help. Everyone I have spoken to so far really knows this software and explains everything very clearly.
5. The report designer allows you to alter any report to fit your need.

Minpunten: I have no complaints about the financial side of E2. I know our estimators have issues with the lace of flexibility in regard to the quantity per parent part of engineering a job, but mostly everyone is happy. The report designer is a third-party application and it shows. Not as easy to use as the rest of E2, but still super happy to have it.

• Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020
Monica B.
Operations
  • Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019

"We think this is the perfect software!"

Opmerkingen: We can't say enough about the outstanding support and customer service from the folks at Shoptech. They have always been an absolute pleasure to work with - extremely responsive and knowledgeable!

Pluspunten: We are a 20 person precision machining and sheet metal fabrication shop. We do everything from prototype to large quantity production runs, and E2 Shop System does everything we need it to! This software follows a part from cradle to grave; from establishing raw material part numbers all the way thru to cash receipts, it ties every aspect of a job together, and is extremely user friendly! I love that we can collect real time information on the progress of a job, and when all is said and done, we know EXACTLY how much it cost us to produce a part. It allows us to give our customers the best possible price without any guess work on our end. We have been able to keep our accounting bills to a minimum, as the software allows you to produce balance sheets, income statements, 1099's - EVERYTHING! In 2017 we decided to convert to the Web Based version, and it was an absolutely seemless transition. I LOVE that we can do quoting, bookkeeping, analysis, etc. remotely. No longer needing to maintain a huge server has been great too!

Minpunten: I can honestly say that I don't feel like there's anything "missing" with this software. Of course, there are the occasional "glitches", but Shoptech is very responsive and quick to come up with a fix! If I HAD to find something to complain about, it would be that the "maintenance fees" are a bit high for the web based version. However, not needing to maintain a server and the expense associated therewith, it's probably close to a wash!

• Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Anne H.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"E2 Has Brought Amazing Efficiency to our Company"

Opmerkingen: Efficiency, time saving, and error reduction are the main contributions this system has brought to our business. The error reduction is found in only having to enter information one time, and having that follow through in all of the processes, even on our Open Order Summary. If an initial error is made, it can be corrected at the source and the other paperwork corrected or re-generated. The efficiency and time-savings are self evident in what I've already said.

Pluspunten: E2 has really helped us streamline all of our processes: from initially purchasing, through receiving, invoicing, check writing on the AP side; to processing POs from customers, generating orders, travelers, packing lists, and invoicing on the AR side. I can't imagine going back to what we did before! In the E2 system, once a part number/PO is entered, all of that information travels through all of the processes and handling of that item. No more repeated entries, with that time consumption and potential for error--one entry and you are done!--the processing of the PO or part number then goes through the whole shop and out the door. And I am not even including the ease of quoting and routing, which is less in my area of work, but is the area where most parts "begin" their life with us. E2 takes these parts all the way through, including the generating of Return Authorizations and credits when those are needed, in a seamless way.

Minpunten: Honestly, I can't think of any significant cons. We have had the occasional glitch or problem with usage, and there are some areas where I wish we could use the system even more, but for the massive amount of work we do use it for, it is excellent!

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Laurence S.
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019

"Everything you ever NEEDED to know"

Opmerkingen: E2 manages ALL your data from your shop floor through your bookkeeping. The reports have always been the best selling point. Even sorting data becomes easy with the various export methods. You can quickly transfer the report dat to say excell and then again manipulate and massage as need for even more insight. I have always (and will continue to) recommend this sofware to other owners.

Pluspunten: This software has the ability to organize your business workings into manageable reports. Reports that you can tailor to you specific needs. The more you follow the simple rules of E2, the more benefits it can deliver. In my own business no two jobs are alike and no procedures for the jobs are identical yet E2 understands this principle and manages to sort data in such a clear manner as to help you with decisions going forward on all future work. I cannot give a higher recommendation on any other similar system.

Minpunten: 1.) I wish I could control the "Markup Pct." column in the General Tab when entering parts. I feel this item should have strict control - administrator only! Any of my people entering a part has the ability to change this percentage at will. Many an argument has resulted from my becoming aware of someone making an adjustment to this column, I wish I could lock it! 2.) When processing a return, it writes back to the original Order and amends it. Now the "Order Total" changes. It should not change. The order total should still match the customer P.O. total. The simple code should be that the (Qty Ordered) X (Unit Price) goes to make up the (Order Total) UNLESS there is something in the 'Master Job Number' column. In this manner the customers P.O. amount would still match up to the Order Total

• Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Lisa T.
VP
  • Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019

"I no longer wanted my shop to run me...."

Opmerkingen: E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pluspunten: The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Minpunten: We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

• Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Jim C.
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Best Software Value"

Opmerkingen: Bottomline, the E2 Shop System is affordable, easy to use, expandable, versatile and worth the price we paid. The support is top notch and the sales process and our data transition was effortless. We purchased our software on February 23, 2005 and have been a customer for over 14 years!! The service and support has remained consistent over that time period and the company seems to be extremely customer focused. I would highly recommend the E2 Shop System.

Pluspunten: What we like most about the E2 Shop System Software is the ability to expand and customize our databases. We purchased the SQL version which allowed us to put the E2 OEM program on steroids. We added custom fields and tables of things that were very specific to our manufacturing business. We also added a custom front end for our customers to access things like detailed part specifications, testing data, sales history, package tracking, and much more. We also added a custom backend for our employees to enter non E2 items into separate database tables and link the information to the customers and vendors already in E2. The best part is, we have a very high end custom solution at a fraction of the cost of some of the other solutions on the market. We have the ability to barcode scan, track employees time for payroll, calculate exact labor costs based on actual production times, track inventory, import our invoices into Quickbooks, perform accurate estimations / quotations and much more.

Minpunten: We started off with the Access database version which is limited in scope, but soon realized that the SQL version was much more powerful and allowed unlimited growth.

• Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
George M.
Vice President of Operations
Defensie en ruimtevaart, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019

"Finally moving away from E2"

Pluspunten: The user interface is easy to understand and navigate. The routing and BOM functions work well. Outgoing paperwork (packing slips, vendor returns, RMAs...etc) are generated easily. The quality module works well for us. Ultimately its a great software for smaller job shops; ie, less than 25 employees.

Minpunten: The scheduling system doesn't work. The system consistently puts out a schedule that doesn't make sense. We are a quick turn, CNC machining job shop, and need a software that enables us to understand our capacity. Often times, jobs that are due tomorrow are on the second page of the report, and jobs that aren't due for 6 weeks are at the top of the list. We worked with tech support and cannot get a resolution. We implemented E2 in 2003 and only started trying to use the scheduling module in the last year. It was a great software initially, but now that we have grown we need software that does what we need it to do. Beyond that, items frequently go corrupt. Unprocessing and reprocessing anything (work orders, purchase order, NCs, CAPAs...etc) risk corrupting the file. If you double click on certain things the system crashes. If two people are in an item at the same time, quantities and/or lines duplicate. Once supplies are received or product is shipped, the system will not allow certain changes to be made. The personnel efficiency reports generate numbers that don't make sense. We've visited this repeatedly and cannot sort out a solution. Just last week I reviewed the efficiency reports for our production crew, and a job they were given 4 hours to setup showed "ESTIMATED SETUP" time of 2.27 hours. Our settings are correct but for some reason the system comes up with understated estimates, despite what we tell it to do.

• Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019
Chad D.
Machinebouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-5-2019

"New E2 User - Happy So far."

Opmerkingen: So far - we have been very happy with it. The simplicity of the product is a great. As it matures, perhaps some of the features will grow too. We will continue to support that endeavor by providing as much feedback as we can, and offering new product ideas that can be rolled out into the system.

Pluspunten: Value is great, and the Cloud Based version is easy to step into. E2 appears to be ahead of the curve with getting their platform onto a cloud system for their customers, and it was one of the deciding factors why we went with E2 instead of other ERP system out there. Because of the cloud-based nature of the system, we have enjoyed the frequent updates to the product, it feels like we should never get behind. This is a comforting benefit as a system ages. The flow of work through the system is clearly organized to make the use of the system easy to understand for new users. We have background in a couple other standard ERP systems, and moving into E2 has been easy after a few pointers about how the system runs. The home-screen that shows work flow is easy to follow. Lastly - one of our favorite features has been how easy it is to customize reports. Sometimes it can be tricky, or perform unexpectedly, but all-in-all it workable. A more advanced tutorial on report customization would be helpful

Minpunten: There are not many broad system cons that we have found. We find the system to be simple and that it does what it is supposed to do well. Mostly, we have noticed over the past 10 months features we wish were included making E2 a more feature rich system. For example, inventory management could be more feature rich, including categories for non-inventory items (e.g. tooling, etc.) as a default option out of the box, or multiple pricing structures based on vendor, beyond the simple standard cost. We also wish it were were easy to reserve parts being made on a STOCK job to a newly entered sales order. There may be a way to do this, but it has not been immediately clear For incoming material, it would be nice to have the ability to receive parts/material via the data collection terminal right on the shop floor, rather than having to use a full license to perform what is a basic transaction. Furthermore, the ability to print an "Incoming Material" report for each purchase order (service or otherwise) would be helpful for a shop management. This way there is a paper record of what is coming in on a PO. For work flow, it'd be nice if there were options linking to create an invoice directly from a packing list (e.g. a save and create invoice option in the save button). Some of these missing features we find to be inhibiting our efficiency of implementation, so far we are working around them.

Robert B.
System Administrator
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018

"The Perfect Manufacturing Software "

Opmerkingen: We have been using E2 for well over 16 years and so far we love it. We have used other systems and this one just seed to get it right. In that time we have only had a handful of issues of which most were fixed in minutes and all we had to do was call Tech Support and explain what was not working. The customer and technical support staff are extremely knowledgeable in what their software can do and how they can customize it to fit your every need. They have even extra fields set aside for all most every function to carry different data types just in case you have found a data point that they haven't thought of.

Pluspunten: E2 creates a clutter free work space with a simple layout and design. Shop Tech has broken down the manufacturing process to get a true understanding of how our company really operates. The bolt on modules allow for greater control of specific functions in particular departments. We specifically use the Scheduling and Custom Order Import Automation functions. Scheduling give us a top level view, department view, work center view, and all the way down to a view of sub parts that make up a single part. This tells us exactly where an order is as well as if we are under or over loaded at the work center and department level. All I have to do is pull up the schedule, click a button for the level of detail I want to display and away it goes. The Custom Order Import Function has allowed us to automate the order entry process by simply downloading a file from our customer, pointing where I saved the file, and clicking "Import". This function creates the order and based off our custom company settings which we have setup to automatically pull from stock jobs, inventory, post a quantity to make or a combination of all of the above. We can then run a requirement report to see what we need to make to fulfill open orders or to make stock for inventory. It really doesn't get easier than that.

Minpunten: The extra modules do have a cost but they are well worth it. On the plus side of that, E2 will demo the modules with full functionality and if it doesn't incorporate everything that you need you don't have to purchase it.

• Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018
Paul S.
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-9-2016

"E2 Shop System for a Job Shop"

Opmerkingen: This software has all of the features necessary to quote a project, purchase for a project, and move the project successfully through the shop from one work station to another, accurately accumulating time as it goes. It will give you insight into your jobs as to estimated performance versus actual performance, it will give you control over your purchasing and a 30,000ft level view of your work center loading. Overall, it has the capabilities to meet a wide variety of manufacturing requirements with good reporting, and useful tools

Pluspunten: The software is pretty easy to use. We can usually get new employees up and running fully on the software with only a couple of days of training. If you implement the time keeping module it allows for excellent review of jobs and verification of timing for your work. By far the best part of E-2 is the support. They have a wide range of support tools including Webex training's, customer support, and even analysts who can help implement, and improve your software usage.

Minpunten: Like most software it is built around a model that may not exactly match your business model. In this case the issue is Parts vs. Jobs. Our shop tracks jobs through the shop that are composed of multiple parts. E-2 works best if one part is one job. While it is possible to run multi-part jobs you lose some of the functionality of the software when you do. The other limitation is eliminating duplicate data. If you have customers, materials or parts that were duplicated, or just plain created incorrectly, it is cumbersome to remove them from the E-2 system.

• Beoordeeld op 16-9-2016
Michele D.
Lucht- en ruimtevaart
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2016

"9 Year User of E2 Shoptech"

Pluspunten: The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Minpunten: The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is that in order to take a look at where items are hitting the G/L, the month in question has to be posted. In order to make any changes, the months have to be unposted. Users should not be in the "Accounting area" when this is being done. AND the worst part in using the audit trail to see which user possibly edited something, no matter where in the system, the audit trail will only tell you who viewed, possibly edited, but will not give you further information to solve your puzzles as to who did what, when and why.

• Beoordeeld op 29-3-2016
John V.
Lucht- en ruimtevaart
  • Beoordeeld op 2-10-2015

"E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!"

Pluspunten: I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

Minpunten: The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

• Beoordeeld op 2-10-2015
Richard D.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2013

Opmerkingen: We are a custom fabricator of precision metal parts and assemblies. We are very diverse in our customer market base, each of which has their particular needs and associated challenges. We started out several years ago using Excel spreadsheets for quoting that became increasingly complex and customized. The maintenance aspect of the quotes and quoting process became very convoluted and messy. The biggest problem with a Microsoft product system was the ability for any user to accidentally make changes to the quoting sheet for one particular customer and that calculation would carry over to other quotes. We knew that we needed to improve the process of quoting and tracking time associated with each project. In addition, we wanted to add BOM and stock tracking capabilities, so we began to look at all of the options available. We researched JobBoss, Citrux, Syspro, Intuit and Microsoft Dynamics. Each of the software platforms had pros and cons. For us, the determining factors were price per function and the feature set offerings that were specifically designed for manufacturing. We did not want to custom tailor a software package for our shop. We wanted a software that was already set up for the way we do business, all we had to do was populate the fields and learn the basic functions. Overall, E2 has been a good decision for our company. It has allowed us to scale up and spend much less time tracking order status, employee and machine utilization and keeping track of BOMs without the use of Excel spreadsheets, which we used to use for everything. Excel was a good starting tool for us, but was not sustainable as we have grown. We are much leaner now than before and I feel that we are able to generate and evaluate useful BI data for evaluation. We like having the ability to know the time it takes us to process a particular job through the shop, and the ability for administrative employees to be able to check the status of a job. We have recommended E2 to two of our supply chain partners since inception. One of the companies uses it and does well with it. The other company never embraced it and made the commitment to fully transition over to it. The moral of the story: It is a good tool, but it is not a five minute process to transition into it. It requires a champion within your organization that will learn it and be willing to get the data transfer set up so that your company can make a hard-stop transition over to using the system and not look back to your current system. Human nature is to resist change and you will have to manage your staff’s desire to keep using your current system because it’s comfortable and quicker, due to their knowledge of the current system. We have had a few issues along the way that have been frustrating (probably 5 times in 6 years). On a few occasions we have lost some data and had employees that were unable to input data into the system. We believe that the root cause was the system failing in some way while an employee was logging data. For example, If I am inputting data into an order and there is a fault (for any reason: power dip, hardware on my computer, etc) the E2 system sees this a problem because I was in the main database and when the network connection is re-established. We back up our data daily and can always revert to the previous day’s data. This was a fairly easy fix, but the primary frustration was the lost time determining that the system is no longer recording the data that we put in. Ratings:
Initial Install and data transfer, 7 (The tool to do this has gotten better since we migrated our data)
Training and support, 9 (Support has been good)
Ease of use and how easy to work with, ( Initially, 7. Now that we are comfortable with it, 9)
Any hiccoughs or glitches, (Yes, but minor, and probably in line with industry standard.)
Accuracy of info generated, 9 (You must ensure that employees are logging into and out of jobs accurately. This takes time, but will become a learned behavior. We have a lady in our office view the employee's log twice per day to ensure that they are logged into a job. If not, then they have to explain why)
We would purchase E2 again.

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2013
Nick E.
Operations
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

"E2 Shop System Review"

Opmerkingen: See my answer under "Pros".

Pluspunten: The software is very easy to learn and the interface is extremely easy to navigate. The modules provided exactly mirror the processes in our business so almost every part of the software is applicable to our day to day operations. Having our business data archived, accessible and organized has sped up and simplified many of the tasks that used to take much longer. Estimates are now completed much faster and processes such as material receiving, shipping or the production of purchase orders for our vendors have become standardized and much easier to do. The time savings and insights into our business / production processes have made us more competitive and our customers (especially our larger industrial customers) see value in the advantages we've gained from the software.

Minpunten: The one part of the software that we find of little value is scheduling. This may not be the case for other users but as a job shop we've found that the scheduling module simply doesn't work with the realities of our production processes.

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Susan B.
Controller
  • Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019

"Users since 2005"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been very good with all E2 aspects, my concerns have always been handled professionally and quickly. They have been able to modify or create a new program I have requested in a timely efficient manner.

Pluspunten: I like everything about this software. We have two sites, although we are considered Aerosafe Companies we are in fact two separate companies with their own receivables and payable. I like that I can switch back and forth with ease. I use the accounting modules mostly which are wonderful, I have never had a problem with them. I also use the Purchasing module as I order tooling, material, supplies etc., The Inventory module is great allowing me to allocate all items to a GL code I have set up.

Minpunten: There are no cons as far as I am concerned and would recommend it to anyone. I have done so on more than one occasion.

• Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019