LinkedIn for Business reviews

4,5 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,2 /5

Over LinkedIn for Business

Recruiting solution that enables businesses to create a brand page, attract talent, and hire qualified candidates.

Meer informatie over LinkedIn for Business

856 reviews worden weergegeven

Nabila B.
Human Resources Manager
Vermogensbeheer, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-5-2021

"Premium features for LinkedIn"

Opmerkingen: Creating a profile that builds my connection and network in the professional world. Searching for jobs and comparing salaries from different organizations is easy. Researching for a business and employment trend with this software also very helpful.

Pluspunten: The business plan lets me to view profiles in my 3rd connection, which i can't see from a basic account. It is beneficial when i am searching for anyone in a particular organization. Other than that, the analytics insight gives me critical information when i am applying for a job vacancy on the platform or searching for a perfect candidate for our job vacancy.

Minpunten: It is expensive, and all the plan has its own features and distinguishes from each other. I need to change the program if I need to use the feature that only available on the program and can't use the feature on my current plan. Customer service is just average and not the best despite the expensive plan that i have paid.

• Beoordeeld op 12-5-2021
Kristie K.
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

"Great for Business Owners!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been a good experience using LinkedIn for Business because I can control what is viewed to the public and what is privately shared with my followers. I like being able to make my business more professional that it already is. Although I am still in the production stage of my business by working with freelancers, I have learned a lot about promoting the brand professionally on the world wide web. It has been a fulfilling experience and I hope it takes off with many sales in the near future. During the pandemic, I have been working on my business more than ever because I was furloughed from my full-time job. LinkedIn is one of the ways I could promote my business and help me rely on it to generate income.

Pluspunten: My favorite part of LinkedIn for Business is having the ability to post the latest updates on my freelance business to the public. I can control what gets seen by the public and what doesn't. I can invite my employees to the business on LinkedIn, forming a community and giving them a sense of belonging. It is important to engage those who work for my brand and keep the brand professional.

Minpunten: I don't like having to pay for advertising services because it is expensive. I have used the advertising before to promote my business but it led to nowhere. If there is a way to get a refund for these type of incidents, that'd be a great feature. I don't have many employees hired for my business at the moment but I have been able to work on the marketing aspects of my business. I can still promote my products by creating posts and videos onto LinkedIn for visitors to see.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021
Elena W.
Office Administrator
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021

"Becoming Harder and Harder to Network"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been mixed. Failure to moderate the types of posts allowed has drawn LinkedIn for Business away from networking and has turned the platform into a regular social media page. On the flip side, the "Jobs" feature has been very helpful for our company, and the professional development opportunities on the platform seem promising.

Pluspunten: Our business development team uses LinkedIn on an almost daily basis. The Premium Mail feature is really nice. It is also really easy to narrow down your search for new contacts using the multitude of filters available on the search page. Navigation and creating a post is also very easy. We are just starting to explore some of the webinars/classes that LinkedIn offers, but so far they seem good! We used LinkedIn to hire for the last two salaried positions in our office, and we were able to get some really good candidates. I would say that "Jobs" feature has been the most useful to us from a business perspective.

Minpunten: My number one complaint about LinkedIn is that, each day, it becomes more and more like Facebook. This was supposed to be a networking platform, but now it has become a harbor for memes, cute animal videos, etc. It is also rampant with aggressive political posts, which I think have no place in business. That's not really what I'm looking for from a networking perspective. Many of my peers in this industry share my frustration and are moving to Alignable for this exact reason. We may have to consider making the switch for networking purposes. We will still likely use the "Jobs" feature on LinkedIn though.

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021
Creative
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021

"Great Networking Platform"

Opmerkingen: Very fun. I had a separate account years prior when I worked in accounting but opted for a fresh look when I got involved in the arts. Its an incredible field to be in, very demanding but one that helps shape a person in ways I dont think can be achieved any more successfully. LinkedIn is just a super cool place for people to meet and network and share ideas and opportunities with a growing world thats in need of its services. So much good could come from ideas like this one and i think future generations can do so much more their world if they were aware of the people and opportunities and work that was done prior to them taking the reigns. The world is changing so rapidly and its important to be tuned in and aware, open and active; so this is a great place for intelligent, driven people who desire to achieve.

Pluspunten: LinkedIn, from my understanding, is/was one of the original networking platforms for professionals. The interface is simple, modern and very user-friendly. Ive run across some of the coolest profiles of modern day creators for this generation. Theres so much to learn about different areas of business and education that you may not know exists otherwise. Very trendy, cool & classy souls and its just a great place to start if you're looking to advance your career or financial situation in any way. Very down to earth vibe, and the people generally are very open and accepting. Intelligent beings, I really enjoyed a lot of my time there!

Minpunten: Its not so much the software as it is the economy. I feel like the world slowed down a lot several years ago, and if you werent in the know you missed the shift. I feel like theres a new avenue in business in America that wasnt there before and because Im not involved I get a since of just boredom or almost like a stagnation, so Im not as active in the community as I used to be. Theres a whole new group of professionals in a different field of work that i feel like i really missed out on, so the swing of things has changed a bit. I literally feel the difference .. only complaint I think I have about the software is the mailbox. It can be kind of irritating. But otherwise most of the features are awesome.

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021
Rohullah H.
Interpreter/translator
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2021

"LinkedIn Review"

Opmerkingen: LinkedIn is so far one of the best platforms for recruiters as well as for job seekers with many users. It is a reliable, useful, simple and powerful tool in providing effective communication between job seekers and employers worldwide. It helps the recruiters to locate competent employees faster that any other platforms and also it will help the job seekers to connect easily with employers and land in a high paying job more efficiently than other platform.

Pluspunten: LinkedIn is one of the best and most trusted job searching application in the world. This is true because of the fact that a lot of people included myself have gotten great result with using LinkedIn in getting a job and participating in job-driven skills training necessary for developing the required skills that the employers are looking for. Even though the free version of LinkedIn also provides good services for job seekers, but the premium version provides the most relevant and trustworthy connection between large and famous recruiters and job seekers all over the world. The training includes but not limited to time management, organisational skills, administrative skills, IT skills and so on. In conclusion, I strongly recommend LinkedIn for people who are trying to find a good job with a good company because of the advantages I mentioned in my review.

Minpunten: The positive things about this software outweighs the negative points because I thought a lot about anything negative about LinkedIn, and after too much thinking, I only can point out some little improvement that could make LinkedIn easier to use for people who have less knowledge of Information Technology. This task could be done by simplifying some features for creating our profile on LinkedIn.

• Beoordeeld op 19-2-2021
Jamie V.
IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT II
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021

"Excellent App For Human Resource Management"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with LinkedIn has been overwhelmingly positive. The sales and support staff are all very knowledgeable and eager to help in any way possible. LinkedIn's Business Solution has increased our success in finding the best job-seekers and connecting them with a great career within our organization.

Pluspunten: There are many things that I like about this app but the top pro to this app as an end user is the ability to solicit experts to critique and offer suggestions to make an individual's profile shine. A person can get suggestions on how to write a resumé that will be distinct enough that it gets noticed but also unique to each job being applied for. LinkedIn is also a valuable tool for social networking amongst colleagues and peers across your particular industry as well as happenings in other industries in the economy. People share lessons they've learned, successes, and failures which provides for a vast knowledge base that is at the tips of your fingers. All a person has to do is look.

Minpunten: In implementing the business solution we had a little bit of trouble integrating the inmail application with our in house human resource crm. However, this was not an issue with LinkedIn's application but simply needed a gateway into our proprietary management system. Overall, I don't have any complaints with LinkedIn's Business Solution.

• Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021
Lauren S.
Sales Associate
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2021

"Link In with LinkedIn"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been amazing with LinkedIn. I found my first few jobs with this site and have been improving my own resume within, using tools from LinkedIn to help improve my own resume and experience. LinkedIn has been a large asset to me as well as my coworkers, friends, and family.

Pluspunten: Easy to set up your profile and show off your skills! This program is one I have used for years in order to find jobs, coworkers, or brush up on someone I’m interviewing with before I do! This software is definitely a necessary tool that brings a ton of benefit to your job search or recruiter search, making it so much easier than it was before! Finding a job or finding someone to fill a job has never been easier!

Minpunten: Some profiles are more difficult to find, but I find this to be a pro as well as a con considering you can set your profile to be as attainable as you’d like. There are not a lot of bad things to say about this software when you can filter or set just about everything/anything to your own preference or convenience.

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2021
Ashley D.
Operations Manager
Werving en selectie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021

"What are you waiting for? Get it now :)"

Opmerkingen: LinkedIn for business is just an amazing software overall. If you are a business and are looking for a software that is both easy to use, and just a great tool to implement look no further!

Pluspunten: LinkedIn for Business is such a critical tool we use in our company. Our employees utilize LinkedIn everyday and we have never had any issues. We utilize LinkedIn jobs, we post constantly to try and engage new followers, we utilize sending messages to prospective candidates which in turn make us placements. There is just so many great things about LinkedIn for Business!

Minpunten: There is rarely a time where we have to reach out to customer service. There have been maybe a handful of times where we had a small issues but always were fixed within a day.

• Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021
Andy V.
Consultant
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021

"it's worth it?"

Opmerkingen: I have been using LinkedIn since 2012, so 9 years of experience helped me understand how it works. In the months that I have used the paid versions to recruit and search for commercial leads, I never noticed much difference in the final results. Except on my card statement ...

Pluspunten: It is clear that LinkedIn is the leading Social Network in the professional field. It connects millions of people with others in a network that can enhance the career of any person, but when we talk about its paid versions, it gives us even more tools to connect in the best way with more and more select public, with specific tools for it.

Minpunten: The price is really high, especially in countries where the US dollar is not the current currency, since the conversion to local currency is only available in a small number of countries. The features added by the paid version are useful, but they are not worth what they cost, as similar results can be achieved with the free version.

• Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021
Miguel R.
Research Assistant
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

"Convenient Networking app"

Opmerkingen: Overall, the application is quite resources, innovating and easy to use. In the short amount that I have used it, I have been able to connect with professionals all over the world and shares experiences, knowledge and our journey in our area of interest. I highly recommend this application to anyone wanting to connect with other professionals and explore opportunities in our community.

Pluspunten: I have been using Linkedin for less than a year, however, it is a safe and multifaceted space to network with other professionals in different countries and areas of expertise. One of the features that I enjoy is option to include in your profile your availability of considering other work positions and also, the recommendations for jobs related to your field of interest. Both of these features make Linkedin a unique platform to not only collaborate but also look for growth opportunity. Overall, it is very easy to use and innovating.

Minpunten: One of the features that I find that are my least favorited is the notifications I get when people see my profile or when i looked at other professionals profile. I am aware that I can turn off this feature, however, I did not know this when i started using the application.

• Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021
Data Analyst
Bankwezen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-11-2020

"Media to Network"

Opmerkingen: I have made many new connections in LinkedIn and when I meet someone new, I get connected with them and know more about them. If see an opportunity in some organization, It helps me to know who else works here, so that I can get referral or learn more about the opportunity.

Pluspunten: Best media to network with your connection and find the new opportunity and keep you updated. Helps you to learn new technology and news, job opportunity, organization in which people around you are working with.

Minpunten: Sometime the post get repeated, when you see your own post the number of views to the post increases (which is not supposed to happen) limits the number connection a user can have.

• Beoordeeld op 18-11-2020
Sabharish K.
Business Process Optimization Engineer
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020

"Excellent professional networking application to bring talent and opportunity together!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with LinkedIn has been great over the years. It has helped me meet some of the best people I have ever met over the course of my education and employment journey. It has allowed me to learn so much simply from following other people and how they approach certain things and I've been able to incorporate some of it with my own personal and professional lives. The learning is endless and it is a wealth of knowledge out there.

Pluspunten: The thing I like most about this software is how they have evolved over the years. I have been a long time user of LinkedIn and it has been fantastic to see how they have adapted to the modern needs of the world over the years. It is more than just professional networking now. Their career tool is fantastic. I have been on both ends as a job seeker myself and also a recruiter and the user experience is very consistent and great in both roles. As a job seeker, I loved taking advantage of LinkedIn Premium to make sure my profile was at the top of the list for the recruiter to give myself a better chance. It has been great to build my profile over time and cleanly present my educational and employment history as part of my portfolio. The addition of skills and certifications that I possess along with references and recommendations from my co-workers and colleagues has boosted my profile a lot as well.

Minpunten: Sometimes it can be overwhelming. You are constantly under the pressure of keeping your profile up-to-date and most of that work seems to be manual and time consuming in many ways. This means that LinkedIn is still not a global solution and lacks integrations with other applications that provide verified and validated credentials which I'm not able to add to my profile at just the click of a button. As a recruiter, I also get an overwhelming number of private messages and profiles for an opportunity that I have posted. It doesn't really find the best match which means I have to dig through a lot of profiles to find someone that fits my needs. LinkedIn Learning is good but not great. The subscription based model is alright but the skills taught in them seems to be a bit outdated so they have to update their content and learning resources.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020
Navin N.
Program Lead - Solutions Development
Consumentengoederen, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-11-2018

"A Great Professional Networking Platform enabling connections and life time learning"

Pluspunten: LinkedIn is a great platform for professional networking primarily. The platform enables individuals to connect with people and build connections, share ideas, thoughts and perspectives and also look for prospective employers. Businesses leverage LinkedIn for building a customer base and potential partners/suppliers. Over a period of time, LinkedIn has scaled the number of functionalities it used to provide. LinkedIn is a great platform to share innovative ideas, trends, white papers, Point of View (POV). Its a perfect medium which continues to churn exponential knowledge management in any field/domain. I love the structure of LinkedIn. Anyone can send an invite to connect and take forward the connection from there. Whether its a job opportunity or a business proposition or invitation for a professional event, LinkedIn makes it easy in 2-3 clicks. There is a lot of security inbuilt to avoid anyone using your personal data which is fantastic in todays world where data is compromised easily. Next is creating your profile which is simple and gives a very clear picture of professional achievements. The All-star rating indicates that the profile contains all mandatory data needed for profile. If one is open to actively pursuing opportunities, enable a button "On" and recruiters would clearly be able to identify an active candidate.The Premium feature enables you to send an 1-1 Inmail and chat with the other person, also enables you to see who is viewing your profile. The Publishing functionality enables you to put your thoughts and point of view across any domain area, one can track view-ability and likes and comments of people who have viewed your article. Overall, a great medium to leverage and build strong life time connections.

Minpunten: There are a lot of jobs which have either expired or have been filled. There should be a regular update mechanism to archive those postings to ensure relevancy of job or role. Sometimes the UI has an interpretation challenge but over a period of time you get used to it. The Groups can be more structured and guided to enable quick conversations and moderation can overcome irrelevant topics being discussed in the group.

• Beoordeeld op 21-11-2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018

"Professional profiles suitable for any and every guru in the world"

Pluspunten: LinkedIn (LI) is the world’s largest professional network and career website, that allows you to easily connect with like-minded peers and industry leaders for trading ideas, sharing advice, etc. Whether you’re looking for a career, seeking out employees, or trying to become recognized as an expert within your industry LI’s simplistic platform provides it all. As a Marketer, I feel it’s important to show my own expertise to demonstrate the knowledge I have acquired and how it can be applied across various industries. LI is a great place to start a professional network. LI’s mobile application provides all the same features as the desktop platform (i.e. post, notifications, jobs, and professional network). PROS
•Become a member of the groups in your area of interest allows you to ask specific questions, collaborate with other members, and/or post content. This is probably my favorite feature as it helps me to keep up with all the latest and greatest marketing trends, tools, and platforms. You can also revisit your LI responses to groups at any time; LI will keep a digital record for you which you can locate from your profile in “recent activity”. Regularly engaging with groups in your industry also helps to showcase your expertise and gain more visibility across your niche.
•As an alternative to gaining knowledge through the online community via LI groups, you can also use LI Messaging to connect directly with your connections one-on-one and/or can choose to include multiple individuals in a message. (LI has helps me connect my personal and professional network – I have hired helped hire two friends from my personal network this way).
•LI Ads are a simple and effective, they pertain to a smaller niche and shared focus; a great alternative to utilizing Google Ad’s.
•Businesses can create a LI company page as well as showcase pages (for events, open positions, etc.) at no expense. I would recommend that every business should have a company page on LI, as it’s the most popular professional network. Out company page has helped us bring in more sales, increase traffic to our website, find candidates to fill open positions, and helps others understand what it is that we do/what we have to offer. Company pages are used to post regular company updates and/or news, social posts about your business, content, and/or open positions… which you can measure the performance of with the analytics available to you.
•LI’s blogging interface can be used to gage where people are spending their time, what followers are interested in, and helps to boost visibility outside your network.
•Maybe there is truth to the saying, “it’s all about who you know.” I have had the opportunity of helping one of my friends get hired, when a past co-worker of mine asked if I knew any qualified candidates. If you are someone looking for a job, don’t get discouraged – keep in touch with the ones you know as well as your new connections.

Minpunten: •When posting on LI’s company pages make sure to completely optimize your images. Sometimes, your posts appear differently on your company pages as they do on LI’s home feed.
•Much like Google, I would not recommend running a targeted LI Ad unless you have a fairly large budget; advice I received from LI, directly account manager. In the past, we have run ads with lower budgets with an ending result, nowhere close to our ROI.

• Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018

"Linkedin to everyone"

Pluspunten: Linkedin is a professional career website, it allows users to create social and business connections amongst friends, family, colleagues and business acquaintances. If your pursuing a business adventure having Linkedin is a added bonus, you can build your network of friends and see which friends have careers in desired fields in which you seek to start or grow your business in. You can get advice and directions from connections. You can also see connections, connections and go from there. You can allow for friends to independently or upon request endorse you for skills they know you have professionally or personally. You can write references as well on members profiles. It is a great way to share your personal resume with employers by sending them to your personal linkedin page via a link that linkedin provides you at no cost. you can login with other social sites such as GetApp to write reviews. Linkedin is the number one professional site amongst professionals. You can also create groups of intrest public or private and allow anyone or specific members access to discuss amongst liked minded individuals different ideas, launches, concepts, concerns, etc. You can share on your page and like things on other pages which shows up on a feed to your followers. You can send personal messages via instant messaging or you can send private mail to others. You are alerted of job changes, work anniversaries, promotions of contacts. You can apply for jobs or post jobs. You can take tutorials or watch tutorials on Linkedin. You can advertise as well on Linkedin. They have several different professional aspects across different occupations, sectors, and amongst entry level to corporate professionals. You can see some people who have viewed your page. You can have your resume set up to be viewed in other languages besides English. You can see how many times you pop up in a search result, or if a company you applied to on Linkedin has viewed your resume or profile.

Minpunten: You have to have a paid memebership to uncover additional features. You have limited access to the entire site without the paid membership. You can view every single person who viewed your page with a paid membership and how they found you via a search or directly inputting your name in the url. You still have a lot of features you can access without a paid membership, a paid membership will give you more access to networking and building connections to grow your brand, name, and/or company.

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018
Brittney C.
Marketing Assistant
Publiceren, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018

"Newest Features Transform Communication between Employers and Job Seekers"

Pluspunten: I love how LinkedIn has added features that drive traffic to user profiles, allowing your profile to serve as an online resume. Rather than constantly reaching out to employers, it enables recruiters to easily reach out to potential candidates as well. One of my favorite features is the recommendation section. I have recommendations on my profile from previous supervisors and co-workers that really legitimize my work experience because recruiters can see my skill set and accomplishments, but they can also see that I have soft skills that can't be easily validated in an interview like being a team player or having a personality that meshes well with others. There's also a switch on your profile that can be turned on to let recruiters know when you are (or are not) open to new opportunities. I was offered my first full-time job 2 months before finishing grad school because I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and I am forever grateful because its been one of the best jobs I've ever had. LinkedIn is more than a professional network and I believe that it's really transforming the way that we network and approach job searching.

Minpunten: The things I don't like about LinkedIn are more about the people on LinkedIn than the application itself. However, I think that LinkedIn should do more about preventing those things. What I hate the most is that there are illegitimate jobs posted on LinkedIn that can be scams. In my younger years, I wasn't able to tell these scams from decent jobs. But now, I can tell the difference very easily. I wish LinkedIn would do more to filter these jobs and/or remove them, but I understand how that could be difficult to do without taking away someone's right to post what they want.

• Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
David h. D.
North America Content Lead
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2018

"Global Connections + Self-Publishing = Key Benefits"

Pluspunten: Personal and Corporate use of LinkedIn has evolved during the decade that I've been a member. Originally conceived as a directory of professionals across the globe, the site now includes many additional features. The basic 'Profile' content enables LinkedIn (and now Microsoft) to aggregate information about people and companies. The 'Groups' feature enables LinkedIn to align people and companies with topics. Also, publishing on LinkedIn enables people or companies to post an article, photo or video that can be shared with followers. The site can be effectively used with the 'Free' version (which is advertiser supported), with many more capabilities available in the 'Premium' version. Note, LinkedIn owns 'Slideshare' which enables the publishing of presentation content, also available for 'Free' use, that can be embedded in posts on the LinkedIn site.

Minpunten: LinkedIn periodically updates the user interface of the site. Sometimes the changes are an improvement, other times the UI updates create minor confusion (until members discover the benefits). Also, LinkedIn is constantly being challenged to counter the acts of Spammers who attempt to manipulate the capabilities of the site. At times, changes targeting the acts of Spammers negatively impact other members. Members must learn to configure their own 'Settings' to limit the unwanted solicitations of Spammers.

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2018
Chantel S.
Founder & Creative Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018

"Excellent Tool for Building Relationships - Tech Needs Work to Dazzle"

Pluspunten: The ability to connect with professionals across the world is absolutely remarkable. This tool encourages authentic engagement and community building which, in turn, often brings referrals and business opportunities. Platforms are only as strong as their users, and there have been some incredible power-users lately that make the platform truly shine which is why it is important to govern activity to prevent fraud / spam and promote super-users who can advocate for the business. Since Microsoft purchased LinkedIn, there have been many incredible adjustments, such as the addition of LinkedIn video, using GIFs and voice recordings in messaging, and I can't wait to see further enhancements.

Minpunten: The "Groups" functionality has a LOT of work to be done to really make it shine.
There is no "Events" category or way to show and promote networking events.
The messaging feature is very unorganized which looks like a CEO's, messy, ignored inbox.
The support is really horrible. It's basically set up as DIY in forums, but when you do have a customer service representative respond, they often aren't very well versed in the technical aspects of the tool and cannot provide adequate information / support.

• Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Benjamin B.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-5-2018

"Great Business Network Tool"

Pluspunten: I have been using LinkedIn for years as a mere employee, to remain in touch with my co-workers and to find new job opportunities. Both tasks are well managed by LinkedIn. Now, being a business owner myself, I use far more features of LinkedIn, I use it for recruiting, for remaining it touch with partners and employees, and so on. The option to be endorsed and to receive and give recommendation is a nice extra, which I really love. Just as being able to upload titles and certificates, or to compile all your profile data into a fully fledged resume. Great tool, which I wouldn't wanna miss and almost use as much as Facebook.

Minpunten: LinkedIn is great and the free version does offer a lot of features. However, many of the interesting features, a business owner or recruiter would need, are included in one of the several premium packages. These appear to be quite expensive in their fees, though they do a great job. Just smaller businesses might not be able to afford it. In addition, I did not like the fact, that LinkedIn moved a way from a single Premium Subscription to a one, where you have to choose between several packages – or subscribe for more than one of these, which gets even more expensive.

• Beoordeeld op 6-5-2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018

"An honest review of LinkedIn"

Pluspunten: LinkedIn is everything work professionals need to connect and interact.
1) Professional social network feel - I like the ability to share posts, add comments, message connections and find jobs, or opportunities.
2) The connections feature is probably the most underrated feature of LinkedIn. It's not just enough to have connections, if your connections know you well, they can recommend you for skills, on job applications and more.
3) LinkedIn Premium features may not seem like they are worth the extra money but if you can afford it, there are some valuable features that you can use
- The most obvious one is see who had viewed your profile. For some reason you have to pay for this but it is a good feature to have.
- The Featured Applicant feature under LinkedIn Premium is great for job seekers, where you can apply for jobs and are put at the top of a recruiters list.
- E-Learning courses - LinkedIn allows you to also take elearning courses (from their purchase of Lynda.com) to update your skills and even save courses for future reference.

Minpunten: 1) LinkedIn tends to send too many emails notifications over the course of the week. There is a way to turn them off but it seems a bit odd that a social network would be sending out so many emails.
2) Not everyone will find the premium features useful. Yes it is great to be able to apply for jobs or see who has viewed your profile, but those do not always seem to justify the cost of membership.

• Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020

"LinkedIn is the Best for Lead Generation, Jobs, and More!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with LinkedIn is great! I plan on implementing Lead generation strategies with LinkedIn to grow my business as LinkedIn has high quality leads that no other platform has. It's easy to build a portfolio and build yourself from the ground up.

Pluspunten: It's easy to connect with people and engage with their activity on their posts. People are generally much nicer and willing to listen to what you have to say. LinkedIn comes with many great things such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and it also comes with LinkedIn Pro Finder to have monthly leads sent to your email in your local area. LinkedIn is overlooked by many people that don't know much about it and they should be using it because they are missing out on all the great rewards and tactics that you could utilize.

Minpunten: What I least liked about this software is sometimes connecting with other people that have sent you messages for the sole purpose of buying their product. They need to connect 1 on 1 and it has to be more genuine before people start calling each other and purchasing things from each other. I also don't like that sometimes I look at my new feed and people post things that are not related to business or the LinkedIn platform. It should be strictly for business and not entertainment. It's all about networking.

• Beoordeeld op 7-2-2020
Mukhabbat O.
QA Tester
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-2-2021

"Good for to build a professional network"

Opmerkingen: LinkedIn helped me to find my previous job, and it helped me to build my professional network. It saves your time and effort when you are actively in job market. The most recruiters search you on LinkedIn (they see your certificates, licenses, skills and endorsements which give them good impression about you), before connecting to you by phone. And I also search for the company or the person to make myself familiar so my phone interview goes better.

Pluspunten: in LinkedIn you build your professional profile. You can write your resume on About section so recruiters can easily decide whether you are suitable candidate before contacting to you. another good feather I like is In Dashbord it shows how many people viewed your profile, in how many searches you appeared. Another good feature you can open multiple message windows at the same time, that helps you texting with multiple person without open-close every time. Free linkedin learning feature is very helpful.

Minpunten: When creating group message you have to type the names by yourself, yes, it gives you names when you start typing first letter. But, I wish there is already list of the names so you can easily click and add them.

• Beoordeeld op 1-2-2021
Chief Editor
  • Beoordeeld op 23-11-2018

"My go-to networking tool"

Pluspunten: I use LinkedIn more than any other application/program for my job as an editor for a tech magazine. I was one of the first in the company to request a Premium membership, and now the whole company has a Sales Navigator account. Some of my best writing projects have come as a result of a cold intro on LinkedIn or seeing something in my feed. As long as people continue to see LinkedIn as a trustworthy, professional source of info, it will continue to be worth the paid/upgraded account.

Minpunten: The customer support has a lot to be desired. Last year an employee left the company and we didn't realize until after he was gone that he was the administrator of a group. LinkedIn customer support was zero help whatsoever in getting his admin privileges revoked, and furthermore we couldn't change basic info about the group because he controlled the settings. Also, the new limitations in the groups are really disappointing. Our team had invested many years in to building one group page to 5,000+ opt-in people, and now being able to send a message to them is next to impossible.

• Beoordeeld op 23-11-2018
Joseph K.
Software Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-3-2019

"A superb platform to build networks and improve your visibility."

Pluspunten: It is a very simple to interact and connect with candidates through LinkedIn and it is one of the biggest networks and it helps us in increasing the exposure of the business. Not just sourcing the right talent, but we can also stay updated with the trends and upcoming news in our areas of interest. You get a lot of information that is for free! I get to see the professional information of all individuals, from candidates to employees to investors. People who have a very limited budget can build a trusted professional network with ease. It has helped us to reduce overhead costs and get a lot of details about various customer segments.

Minpunten: It takes a lot of time to build connections, I should say that you have to invest a lot of time for the same. It is true that you would find a lot of news but the credibility of this information is questionable. The premium accounts charges are quite high and the linked in that is for business makes you get a lot of personal data that is not desirable!

• Beoordeeld op 8-3-2019
Praveen R.
Software Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018

"I use LinkedIn to stay connected to the professional world"

Pluspunten: Searching for jobs was not an easy job before and job sites were charging considerably high fees from the candidates just for applying for a job. LinkedIn came in to the market to change all these conventional job searches. There are different ways to get hired through LinkedIn. First is, through the connections, if you add connections sensibly after doing some research you will surely land in your dream job with the help of this connections' recommendations. Next is through the dedicated job section provided. We can search for jobs using keywords, location, title or salary and apply. Nowadays, I can see that high profile jobs also are being posted though LinkedIn.

Minpunten: LinkedIn is free for normal users and to enable advanced search features like sorting the search results using number of employees, total revenue, job function etc., we need to upgrade to either Sales Navigator or Recruiter which costs high. Other premium features doesn't actually give unlimited people search in fact.

• Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018