Gemiddelde scores

4,3 /5
    4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice

Over Google Hangouts

Web conferencing tool that helps businesses streamline collaboration via instant messaging, voice/video calls, or group conversations.

Meer informatie over Google Hangouts

109 reviews worden weergegeven

Aminuddin B.
Information Technology Manager
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021

"Simple instant chat software"

Opmerkingen: Having a simple quick messenger is really improving my work progress and letting me and my team to connect quickly to collaborate on task quickly. Wonderful experience is all that i can said.

Pluspunten: Google Hangouts is free to use and comes with Gmail account. I can create and join multiple chat group to help me separating from work group chat and personal and social group chat. Another thing that i like is, it can be easily accessed from my smartphone as i mostly only have my smartphone when i am out from office.

Minpunten: What i like the least with Google Hangouts is, it has limitation on file size that can be sent thru the software. I can only sent and attach a maximum of 200MB file size, and need to switch to other file transfer software to sent a file that sized more than 200MB. Other than that, this software is very helpful in connecting me and my colleague.

• Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021
Benjamin H.
Systems Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021

"Best messaging software for users"

Opmerkingen: I love the way that anyone in my circle can easily contact me and because it cab be installed on practically everything I never miss a message or contact.

Pluspunten: The best part of this software is the ability to have it in use across multiple platforms. Cell Phone, Computer, tablet, etc. one-stop for making sure I am connected to those who need to contact me.

Minpunten: I have been using this software for a very long time and I honestly have not found anything lacking as far as daily use goes.

• Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021
Karan P.
BDR
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-5-2021

"Spending half my day on this tool every working day - love it!"

Opmerkingen: Can't imagine my work calendar without Google Hangouts/Meet - the most important collaboration tool during the virtual worklife!

Pluspunten: The most simple and easy tool out there for online meetings, webinars, discussion, and interviews.
The Google suite integration is addictive - you'll hate to use Zoom or Teams once you get used to this!

Minpunten: Consumes a lot of RAM even on a 16 GB machine. Shoots up the fan speed a lot. The limit on the number of participants per meeting is a little hindering. It prevents events/meetings with larger audiences.

• Beoordeeld op 22-5-2021
bioinformatician
Research, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021

"A web messenger from Google"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Google Hangouts is Ok. It works but I prefer to switch to any other messenger when I have a chance. Even Skype I like more. The only plus of Google Hangouts is an easy access from Google Mail. This is the only reason why I continue using it.

Pluspunten: I have been using a lot of different messengers for my work and every day life, and I should say that I do not like Google Hangouts. It is stable, simple, multi-platform, it is in-built in google mail, you can use it to text and call. And these are all positive things that I can say about it. These are the minimum any present messenger can do.

Minpunten: Comparing to other messengers, functionality of Google Hangouts is very limited. You cannot reply, delete or edit your messages. Its design is very primitive and outdated. When I started a video call from my mobile device with my colleague I could not join the same call from my computer. I was added to a work group chat and I have never received a notification about it. I have sent invitations to my colleagues and they were never accepted, I suppose for the same reason.

• Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021
Paul K.
Chief of Staff
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021

"The best around"

Opmerkingen: Overall I love it. It's so easy to use, very convenient, and just works.

Pluspunten: It's so easy to use and links with your G-suite.

Minpunten: Being linked with your G-suite it can be tricky when interfacing with people who are not Google users.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021
Andrea E.
Sales Rep
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-4-2021

"Great software!"

Opmerkingen: Great!

Pluspunten: I was working for Hello Fresh when the Pandemic hit and we moved our sales from doing face to face at events to doing them via Google Hangouts. I love how easy it is, you do not need a third party app which is great and don't need to have a google email account to receive an invite. I also like that it is free.

Minpunten: The only thing I don't love is that I cannot record on Google Hangouts and would need a third party app, other than that I love the software.

• Beoordeeld op 22-4-2021
Larisa B.
Accountant-general
Bouwmaterialen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-4-2021

"Built-in messenger for the Google ecosystem."

Opmerkingen: Hangouts are group chats for communicating with friends and colleagues in the familiar Google interface.

Pluspunten: The service supports work with different devices, as well as different operating systems Windows, Mac OS, iOS. Convenient to use for group chats. In addition to voice and text communication, there are video calls and desktop sharing. Everything is very intuitively simple and you do not need to additionally understand what and how to set up. Very well suited for online meetings with clegs.

Minpunten: A rather archaic communication system that has lost the competition in the online conferences market to more convenient and functional services with showing presentations, sending files to participants, etc.

• Beoordeeld op 28-4-2021
Gem T.
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

"Google Zoom?"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I did enjoy Google Hangouts, however, I ended up using Zoom more frequently due to the ease of use and the familiarity my English as a Second Language students already have with the Zoom platform.

Pluspunten: During the height of the pandemic in 2020, I was scheduling video call interviews via Google Calendar and the Google Suite automatically attached a Google Hangout link to each scheduled interview. I had never used Google Hangout prior to this, so I was nervous at first but it was surprisingly simple to use! I was pleased with the push Google made to maintain social distancing and offer alternative meeting methods, this made both me and my customers happy.

Minpunten: There aren't as many features compared to Zoom, and as the software is from a different company things I am used to are located in different areas of the screen and settings can oftentimes be difficult to get to. I also don't like the connection GoogleHangouts has to my email address, as sometimes I want my personal information to remain anonymous until I have established a further connection with my clientele.

• Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021
Sheikh sakib ishrak S.
Associate Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-4-2021

"Simple messaging software"

Opmerkingen: Google Hangouts is a messaging app that focuses on simplicity. It can be a decent handy option for messaging through most platforms.

Pluspunten: Google Hangouts works cross-platform, all conversations are cloud synchronized. Calling and chatting in groups/individual conversations are possible through most of the devices. Attachments, stickers/emojis, and other general features make it a decent messaging option. Conversations can be organized with groups and contacts.

Minpunten: Many advanced features are missing, compared to various other messaging software. Deep customization options, themes, chat wallpapers, contact separation, message editing/replies, message reactions, location/other content sharing, chat group administration functionalities are missing.

• Beoordeeld op 25-4-2021
Enterprise AE
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-5-2021

"Does what it does... sometimes."

Opmerkingen: It’s alright. If you have a choice or option to pay for another platform, do it. G Hangouts is free and it shows. It doesn’t always work when it needs to, and there are better options out there. If budget is an issue, I’d encourage IT to be aware of potential issues that could cause disconnection or video lag.

Pluspunten: Google hangouts is free and offers some major features that other paid subscription video conferencing platforms have- not all, but some. Virtual backgrounds are nice, synchronization to GCal is flush, and there’s a nice organizational page to view all daily meetings.

Minpunten: G Hangouts really slows down my computer. It’s clunky, the video refreshes a lot, and it doesn’t play nice with bank’s firewalls. Usually clients prefer another video platform as this one uses a lot of GPU and is not very dependable. I’ve seen crashes, exiting / rejoining scenarios, freezing, and more. Have not contacted support.

• Beoordeeld op 5-5-2021
Dlamini percis N.
Lecturer
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021

"Google Hangouts Review"

Opmerkingen: I have first-hand experience with using Google Hangouts (Classic). I use it daily for local and international communication, chats groups, audio, and video calls. Specifically, I use Google Hangouts for my meetings, lecturers and conference presentations regardless of time and location constraints. It has been a highly effective platform for one-on-one and group interaction. Besides, Google Hangouts is compatible with iOS and Android apps. I highly recommend Google Hangouts for individual, professional and business use.

Pluspunten: Google Hangouts is an integrated communication app that allows users to make calls, send messages, and attend video conferences. I use Google Hangouts (Classic) for my lectures, departmental, faculty and international communication. Setting up Google meeting is easy, even from a shared work calendar. As a lecturer, I communicate effectively and remotely with my students, particularly during the COVID -19 pandemic because social distancing is a norm. Google Hangouts also has a user-friendly interface, launched from a web browser, with buttons for calls, video, instant messenger, messenger and chats. It also allows for seamless integrating with other apps, Google Docs or Drive and can be launched from Gmail.

Minpunten: I have not encountered problems with Google Hangouts yet.

• Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021
Andrew P.
Campaign & Creative Manager
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

"Google Hangouts Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Hangouts has been invaluable for our business during COVID. Technical difficulties are rare and if they do happen to pop up, they are easily fixed and never long-lasting. It has been an extremely valuable tool for us.

Pluspunten: Google Hangouts (along with Google Chat) has made it effortless to connect with our teams around the globe and makes video conferencing super easy and efficient. It's ease of use and functionality make it more preferable than Zoom, which has often been glitchy or difficult for some members to use. Especially during COVID, Hangouts makes video conferencing extremely simple and has allowed our team to stay in contact while also allowing us to get facetime with clients who we usually see on a monthly basis. That face-to-face interaction is invaluable to our business and helps us maintain and build relationships despite not being able to meet in person.

Minpunten: There is little to dislike about Hangouts, but I would like to see more features and functionality to boost the software overall. Since Hangouts is so easy to use, it'd be nice to have a variety of features that are more advanced and integrated into Google's suite of products. For example, if on a Hangout call, users could easily have access to Google Drive, Docs, or Sheets to quickly send files and to share amongst the team in a more seamless fashion.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021
Saqib S.
Software Data Analyst
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021

"Google Hanouts - Conversational Platform"

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience is good because after using Google Hangouts I am connected with many people simultaneous.

Pluspunten: This is the well conversational platform where I can communicate from my colleagues, family and relatives in short time with instant responding. I also aware the circumstances which is going in country or world by daily basis with my colleagues and friends and I can also attache a file or photo too in Google Hangouts.

Minpunten: I never found yet but I face hanging or stuck problem with this.

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021
Akshay R.
Product Manager
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-5-2021

"Unintuitive Screensharing makes this a pass"

Opmerkingen: 5/10 -- gets the job done, but not as good as Zoom in my opinion. Google really missed the ball on this one.

Pluspunten: -Easy Integration with google calendar
-Not too hard to send meeting links and invite members
-Video background blur functionality is great

Minpunten: When screensharing, there's no way to see people's faces -- Google Hangouts desparately needs a mac app or some functionality so that I'm not asking "can you see my screen"

• Beoordeeld op 29-5-2021
Data Scientist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-4-2021

"Best tool for daily meetings"

Opmerkingen: I prefer Google meets over the other similar platforms, I have experience with Zoom and it was very annoying from the beginning, with the time limitation and other problems. Google meet is easy to use, intuitive, best for instant calls.

Pluspunten: It's very easy to use, fast and comfortable. The best thing is you don't have to pay for having longer meetings. Everything is very simple, easy to navigate around, both in web version and mobile app.

Minpunten: There is not a thing I don't like about google Meet, rather a suggestion to have an option of screen sharing in mobile app. Also, it would be nice to see the history, currently we only see the daily scheduled meetings. Also having noise cancellation would be great.

• Beoordeeld op 8-4-2021
Senior Executive
Horeca, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-3-2021

"Perfect Daily Communications Toll."

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is too good, inn this pandemic we was in home, we did out all office stuff in my home, as we all are using google and Gmail, so hangout is one of them, we all need to connected our mail, some time need to talk team members so we have a group on this we just drop a call or text on that no problem all together complete package I get from their.

Pluspunten: In pandemic we used video call we can see each of my team member, i can get from there, as we know we are using other social media for communication, but for office work i need a decent software or work and i get it, To be very honest i am too pleased wit this, specially test video call and audio call perfect.

Minpunten: Great software no double about is but need to focused on this branding consumer need to know how this is work .

• Beoordeeld op 27-3-2021
Shenda M.
Sales support specialist
Mijnbouw en metalen, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-12-2020

"Great collaboration tool for your teams & entire organization"

Opmerkingen: I’ve had a great experience! This tool has enable out team to work / collaborate much easier especially with remote work set ups!

Pluspunten: In addition to the many wonderful tools google has ( Sheets, GMail etc..) adding google hangouts is just one final way to stream line all your productivity tools!

Minpunten: How anyone can just be added to a group without permission. If google can add an accept first button before you are thrown into a group created by others.

• Beoordeeld op 30-12-2020
Carlos R.
New business manager
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"Easy, good quality calls"

Opmerkingen: very good. Somo improvements would be fine, as noice cancelling, but its ok

Pluspunten: easy of use. It's not necessary to install any software. This is very good to arrange meetings with clients

Minpunten: it doesnt cancel properly the exterior sound. When there is some noise, it affects directly on the conversation

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
Neil R.
Controller/HR
Milieudiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2021

"Easy to use"

Opmerkingen: We have kept costs down by utilizing Hangouts, there was a time when the company was looking at a video conferencing phone system. Hangouts has ensured that we do not spend a lot of money.

Pluspunten: The software is set up for basic computer experienced individuals. All functions are laid out in a manner that there is no searching for the feature. Even the dread screen sharing is rather simple to utilize.

Minpunten: The only downfall of the software (like some of its competitors) is once there are too many individuals on, there is a lag time.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2021
operations excellence analyst
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2021

"google hangouts : great tool"

Opmerkingen: Google hangouts solves the most important problem of connecting with the team mates in efficient manner. It is a very helpful tool as the colleagues are sitting at different places in the large organization.

Pluspunten: Google hangouts is a great software for virtual meetings and conferences. It is very easy to use and understand because the interface is simple and clean. The set up is extremely easy and can be done on multiple devices such as laptops, tablets and phones.

Minpunten: Google hangouts offers a video calling to limited number of participants which cannot be used to address large audiences. Also, Usually every meeting ends with a Minutes of meeting but there is no functionality for the same.

• Beoordeeld op 29-3-2021
Raluca C.
SEO manager
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-2-2021

"Easy daily team communication"

Pluspunten: We use it daily for our internal team communication and video calls. It is totally free and you can have it set up on your desktop and phone. Their interface is user friendly and you can easily create new chat rooms. Google Hangouts integrates well with other Google products.

Minpunten: You must have high speed internet to use it because a slow speed internet will make it hard to use. The sound and video quality could be better. Not great for enterprise and client meetings.

• Beoordeeld op 28-2-2021
Fatma G.
Dealer Management Specialist
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-4-2021

"Simple to connect"

Opmerkingen: Overall i am really satisfied with the product and i think it is really helpful to relieve your stress level.

Pluspunten: The most i like about Hangouts is easy of use. It is been definitely a stress reliever. It is easy to connect during video chats and easy to make chats. Also with file sending option, you can both make your meetings and send files.

Minpunten: I am overall really satisfied about this software. They can make more progress though. It is not still on Skype level.

• Beoordeeld op 18-4-2021
Sanjeep L.
Quality Assurance and Frontend Developer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021

"Perfect tools for Meeting and presentation"

Pluspunten: Reason for using Hangouts are listed below:
- Lightweight and easy
- Needed features are available (video call, screen sharing audio call and etc.)
- Usability
- Free

Minpunten: It would be better if some features are update: some of list are listed below:
- Require good internet (Poor video quality and blur screen sharing)
- It show in call emo even all meets is end
- It would be better if there was option to unsend mistake messages

• Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021
Prashant M.
Front Office manager
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2021

"Professional Messaging Tool Withing the Organization"

Opmerkingen: Professional Messaging Apps, Group Video & Audio call, Safe and Secure in Terms of Privacy

Pluspunten: mobile Free Messaging Tool within the Organization, Specially People Working on Mail Platform, Easy Setup Time , Group Formation is Easy, Can Connect across the Country, Easily Add Drives Files

Minpunten: Video and Audio Quality is Less as Compare to Other Social App, Labling of User is not Possible Need Advance feature Like Polls, Audio Sending etc

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2021
Tigran K.
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

"Great product, but doesn't support calls anymore"

Opmerkingen: Nice product, I used to use it daily, but now it is being discontinued, and I had to switch to the Google Voice, which is, basically, a less table version of Hangouts.

Pluspunten: This used to be a great product with calls and texts made from a Google phone number. Super convenient, especially when there are several different businesses in different areas.

Minpunten: Only one problem - it is not possible to make calls through Hangouts. I had to migrate to Google Voice.

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021