Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central is a suite of workforce management tools that are optimized for your industry and scaled globally, on a proven

Meer informatie over Kronos Workforce Central

314 reviews worden weergegeven

Camilo H.
Camilo H.
Recruiter in VS
11-50 werknemers

It is a great software with a great amount of functionalities, but lacks ease of use.

5 4 jaar geleden

It has a lot of options and customization tools, it can let you pull all sort of reports with all the employees in the system, also allows to create notifications and reminders for individual employees as well as for group of employees. The reports are customizable and allows to create the different roles to match every need.

The software lacks depth sometimes needed for approaching specific reports, even thought it has a great variety of customization options some of the lack ability to modified to fit specific needs . Some reports have to be pulled with trial and error since its not clear with the option what results you will be getting. The learning curve is too steep.

Paul I.
HR Analyst in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Implementation

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the experience has been positive. We did not have a time and attendance system before, so this is a major upgrade. Unfortunately, balls have been dropped between sales and implementation. Many of the promises during sales did not pan out as we had hopped during implementation. Additionally, implementation has been rocky. We have had a difficult experience with our project manager as far as keeping us on time and on track. Multiple specialists (ATK, Workforce Central, Interface) have joined the team and every time we start from the beginning explaining our needs and our set-up. This was repetitive and time consuming. In all honestly, it was deflating to our team. Nonetheless, we remain positive about our approach and implementation and look forward to starting up with a beta group soon.

I like that the software is versatile. The building blocks set up allows for a lot of customization. It also is able to comply with the many time and attendance laws - which is a plus since we are a global firm. I like that the software is also flexible in how the end user experiences it. I also love the automated notifications.

We are implementing and needed some functionality - reminders to take a lunch break and not allowing non-exempt employees to approve their time with missing punches. In order to accomplish this we needed ATK. We hate how ATK functionality is not incorporated with the actual product itself. I understand that it was separately engineered, but we are having to compromise our needs in order to get the system to work the way we want it. Additionally, while the customization is great, the set-up is not easy or user friendly. Set up is not intuitive and often convoluted.

Chris C.
Business Analyst in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

This software needs some work

3 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We do all of our timekeeping with the software and for that it has been working ok. Overall experience has been less than satisfactory, especially with upgrading from v7 to v8. We were quoted 20-30 hours to do a custom report that I finally decided to do myself and was able to do it in a couple of hours. There has been turnover with our contacts at Kronos and we've been kind of left up in the air without a rep on the Kronos side to help us resolve issues.

Timekeeping is pretty easy with this software. Support has been helpful in resolving configuration issues, which is good since the configuration process isn't easy.

This software is overly complicated to configure and customize. Some basic reporting is not included such as being able to report on the number of days employees have worked - something that any business who hires part time workers would need. The software is NOT accessible for visually impaired even though they claim it is using the mobile solution, but for real world users that is not a practical solution. It does not work with screen readers. We were using v7 and had been told that v8 would be accessible, which is why we did the upgrade only to find it did not resolve the accessibility issue. Upgrade process was not smooth at all and took way too long even though we were working with the Kronos team for the upgrade. Flash has still not been completely removed. Built in reports can be VERY slow to run, even though the same report done via SQL is very quick. Running certain large reports has actually crashed the system and the server had to be restarted. We only have about 1600 employees, so that shouldn't be a problem, but it is.

Reactie Kronos

2 jaar geleden

Hi Chris, Thank you for your time and providing us with feedback. We want to make sure that your experience with Kronos fully meets and exceeds your expectations. Regarding the reporting piece, I am happy that is working for you. As for the accessibility piece, my product team said that this capability goes beyond the application there are dozens of screen readers that our customers use today, and each has its own nuances working with the type of browser in use type of browser, version, settings, etc. In terms of the transactional speed and latency, this could be due to many issues. Without knowing the details of configuration, it is hard to pinpoint why. I'd love to help, so please reach out via email at [email protected], and I can forward you to our customer support team. You can also check out our customer Community, which includes free training content, knowledge sharing, and Q & A with our developers and other Kronos users. Thank you, Samantha Conway

Daniel B.
Director, Applications in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A great investment!

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The sales and implementation team have been wonderful! Our PM is top of every task in our project and has been a tremendous and positive experience!

Easy to use and navigation. A beautiful new UI. No longer dependant on JAVA installation to run the application. And the application is SaaS and we no longer have to host servers on-site. And a great integration with Outlook 365.

The reporting capabilities are not as where they should be, but we have been in conversations and they're coming out with a more robust report tools in the future.

Roselle P.
IT Helpdesk Analyst in VS
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Time Keeping and Scheduler

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoy working with Kronos support as needed with troubleshooting scheduler issues or specific time clock issues. it's always a breeze and very informative.

Organized, detailed. We love that the scheduler runs automatically once you put in your user's availability and the hours you have available. It plans the schedule out and you can go in to make adjustments as needed before posting the schedule. Saves TONS of time. I love the time clock piece and love drilling down to see when the punches were made and coinciding that with our user's statements to verify their time cards.

Use of Adobe Flash (currently using an older version). I know that once we upgrade to version 8.1.x, our users will be super happy with our product.

Patti S.
VP,HR in VS
Detailhandel, 501-1.000 werknemers

Kronos

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Changing from ADP to Kronos was a good move. Greater functionality.

The system is easy to use. A lot of opportunities.

Info on the payroll side does not always cross over to the HR side when reporting.

Brandon M.
DBA in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Timecard Review as an End User

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kronos allowed us to replace a smaller, less-expensive solution which was not handling our payroll file correctly. At the end of the day, accuracy is of utmost importance.

I like that it defaults my standard work schedule, and requires very little manual entry for a "standard" workweek.

It lacks a forecasting tool, to tell me how much leave I will have accrued by a certain date. At least, we do not have that implemented, if it exits (I don't believe it does).

Alicia L.
Payroll Specialist in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Kronos Not Workforce Cental

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was taking a step backwords for me. The company I was previously with, had a differend HRIS and payroll system, which was far superior to WFC or WFR.

There wasn't a whole like to like about it. I thought it was very aniequated, however when we got WFR, it was even a bigger step backwards.

I had a list of items, however, when we changed to WFR, I disposed of the list. Extremely date Sensitive.

Christina D.
Business Office Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Great product to keep track of schedules, vacation/time requests, and hours.

4 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a very good product for people that don't always want something too complicated to use especially if you have a lot of employees under you.

This product has the ability to track thousands of employees information, time accruals, vacation requests, reports on sick days, and close pay periods for payroll.

It is easy for the employees using it to put in the wrong type of vacation request making it high on denials for requests from a manager perspective and making the employee have to reenter their requests frequently.

Tory S.
HR Specialist in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Good system overall

4 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is good, but I would says if developers listen to client's feedback this software could moved into great.

The Kronos system is an improvement over our previous resource management system. It offers features we didn't have previously - like the ability to manually enter time for approval.

The system isn't a intuitive as modern software should be and leaves room for improvement. For example the interface to clock in and out - only shows 2 buttons at a time Punch in /Meal out. The next logical steps in the process are Meal In / Punch out - but the system doesn't advance these buttons for the user. The My time card pages also leaves room for improvement - way to often teammates hit the approve button prematurely and can't figure out why clock in isn't available. Also the search function isn't great - having to use * in the name to find people is less than desirable.

Jeff D.
Account Clerk 3 in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

Kronos Workforce Central v.8.1.3

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My organization transitioned to Kronos a little over a year ago and it's been great. Prior to using Kronos, we were using multiple different timekeeping systems for our approximately 500 employees. Having everyone using one system has streamlined our payroll process and created a lot of efficiency.

Kronos WFC is highly customizable and can meet the needs of any organization. I highly recommend it to anyone in the market for new timekeeping software. The reporting functions are great. There is a robust selection of canned reports at your fingertips. On top of that, there is the ability to create customized reports. It is nice to have this additional source for data at our disposal.

The software is a little slow and glitchy. This is not a deal breaker, but it is mildly annoying. Also, we recently started using the Geofencing capability of Kronos Mobile. It's an awesome feature but it could be more user friendly from an Administrator's point of view. It would be nice if a given Valid Labor Account could be associated with more than one Known Place. Our staff could be punching in at various locations throughout the City on any given day. I've created a workaround to enable this but it is tedious to have to program the myriad Valid Labor Account/Know Place configurations. We'd like to use the Mobile option more widely but, due to some of the inherent limitations of the system, we are only using it on a limited basis.

Angela B.
Payroll Manager in VS
Medische apparatuur, 501-1.000 werknemers

Kronos - The Best Timekeeping System on the Market

5 2 jaar geleden

Kronos is easy to use. I came from an eTime environment with ADP and quickly realized Kronos and eTime are the same. Setting up and training employees as well as office admins on how to use the system is so simple. The screens are easy to navigate and read/understand. The system set up is also easy to work in. Just an all around excellent product. I really appreciate that the system does not go down and it is rare that we ever have connectivity problems.

Sometimes employees can manipulate punches to where they receive quite a bit of additional pay. For example, the next mornings in punch will register as the previous days out punch. This can result in huge overpayments, especially when dealing with employees in California because of OT and double time laws. We have added an audit we do at the end of the pay period before processing payroll that requires some manual calculations once data is imported to Excel. Overall, now that we know how to identify these errors, we can stop the overpays. I wish the report was automatically set up and ran in Kronos to identify employees with 15 or more hours in one day.

Glenda H.
HRIS Administrator in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Punch Details

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been good with Kronos and the conversion team with continued support when needed. Activities was important since we charge hours to government grants.

An accurate method of tracking employees hours, accrual balances, employee accessibility to use time clock and PC to record punches and view accruals.

It does not post the employees monthly accrual rate; wish could write own reports with a click and drag method. Need to offer more reports to the employee without needing to going through their payroll clerk such as an Accrual Detail report. Wish the clocks were easier to view accruals and pay period time card for our employees that does not have PC access. Wish the cost was less.

Richard M.
IT Supervisor in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Workforce Central - An IT perspective

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Java dependency is not good, especially when it requires an obsolete version to run. There is a lot of help desk intervention in a large healthcare organization to keep access running. However when access is running the product is robust and well liked

Workforce Central is a powerful and relatively easy to use product. Scheduling and Payroll are integrated analytics can be implemented. The security side is robust and easy to use. It provides a good end user portal and good back end stability

There is a strong dependence on an obsolete version of Java which causes a lot of issues in a larger organization where Java tends to be widely used and many products require the latest version. It is not unusual to have to uninstall Java and reinstall to access the product daily. Even setting it to open with the correct version with several versions installed frequently results in conflicts. My understanding is that the next release will do away with most if not all of the Java dependency and allow end users and admins alike to use the product as it's meant to be used. At that point it'd give it 5 stars and highly recommend it. In it's current state it results in frequent calls to the help desk and eliminates Mac users from accessing it.

Christy L.
Administrative Assistnt/Payroll Admin in VS
Wetshandhaving, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Exceptional Product & Service!!

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kronos has so many wonderful features. I can not think of any negative feature that needs improvement. Our IT Administrators have deactivated some functions that were not being utilized. I would like to learn more about Kronos and all of the functions and capabilities that it has to offer. The IT Administrators are determining whether or not to re-activate functions after completing a trial run within certain City departments. I am hopeful that , very soon, I will be able to utilize all that Kronos provides in the workforce management program.

I am able to enter, modify, and adjust time on all of our employees with ease of access. I am able to create Time Punch Detail Reports that are necessary when address time and attendance issues with employees. Kronos provides the capability for employers to manage and track employee time and attendance challenges with a support team that is knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

I enjoy the program. I wish that our IT Administrators would enable access for Payroll Admins to utilize more of the functions that Kronos offers such as the Time Off Request capability. Utilizing the Time Off Request through Kronos would certainly further our efforts in going paperless. Currently, we are still utilizing printed Time Off Requests.

Anna C.
Time & Labor Administrator in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

You get out of it what you put in.

4 2 jaar geleden

It does what it was created for. You can accurately track time and schedule. There is a reason for everything that happens in Kronos, which is exactly what you want in timekeeping software.

Once you implement something, it's very tedious and sometimes frustrating to make any changes. Ex: adding a state with different Overtime laws, or changing the way a certain position is paid. You definitely want to document possible scenarios and leave room for customization to be made at the client level. You don't want to have to contact Kronos for each change ($$$).

Melinda H.
Payroll Technician in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

Kronos 8.1

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is not much I don't like about this software. It has suited our purposes very well and keep learning new ways to track employees time.

I have been using this product since induction here and love the ease of use. I have few complaints that cannot easily be fixed or find a suitable solution. The screens are simple to follow and really like the workspace dropdown. Having multiple tabs has made looking at different items such as timecards and schedules so much easier. I do need to touch up on the training aspect. We have been using it so long till sometimes all we need are reminders. I think they are there, just need to revisit this aspect of the program.

The reporting part has been a little cumbersome. How reports are titled can be confusing. I do like being able to transfer information into excel.

Karen S.
Payroll Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Long Time User of UKG Workforce Central

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I like most of all is the customer support. They are available usually on the day you need them or the next day. If they don't have an answer, they get advice from other members of their support team to help resolve whatever issue you may have.

As we have integrated to new versions, the integration team has been helpful in implementing everything to fit our needs. It is very user friendly. Like the messages we receive as we are doing things so we know what to do to correct the error. Processing of payroll is so much better now than our old software.

Would like to be able to have access to make changes in the history without having to contact support to help fix it through the database. Do not like the types of reports in Timekeeper because they don't utilize the space on the page and it makes the reports too many pages long.

Aaron W.
Programmer/Analyst in VS

All Our Needs + More!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are on our 3rd version of Kronos & it is solid. Many options for our employees to get time into the system (swipe badge, use PC, mobile device, & we interface with our bus software to accept punches). As good as the software is, Kronos support is even better. I get fast response with tickets & almost always get an answer to my issue the same day. They are excellent!

Handles all the scenarios we can come up with. We are fairly vanilla with scheduling being local government but have salary, hourly, stipend, & substitute employees. Kronos WFC handles these with ease. Lots of flexibility with screen designs & displaying data to users.

Standard reporting is fair, but making customizable reports is difficult. Making custom reports you are required to use Visual Studio & even though Kronos offers classes on creating reports in it, not always easy to get out what you want.

Tami H.
Human Resources in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Great Product

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We implemented Kronos Workforce Central seven years ago. The set up was a bit tedious, but the end result has been very effective and absolutely fits our needs. We are looking to potentially upgrade in the future. The interface between Kronos and our HRIS is flawless.
We have had great customer service since Day 1. That goes a long way!

It is easy to use for employees and administrators. Easy to navigate around. The functionality is great!

The set up was a bit complicated, but we did ours 7 years ago and I am sure improvements have been made. Gets a bit confusing when trying to build the rules.

Judith P.
HR Analyst / Trainer in VS

Accurately track employee time

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The few times that I have entered a case, I was pleasantly surprised at the attention that I received. Sometimes, the directions have been above my head but fortunately, I have a team of IT professionals that have been extremely helpful to me within our organization. I also have utilized Kronos Community and Knowledge Pass to learn more. I am excited to attend KronosWorks for the first time this fall.

We previously used a paper / manual system that was time consuming for our pay roll department and impossible for our supervisors to run reports on their employee's without setting up a very manual data entry system in excel. Utilizing Kronos has really helped us enjoy efficiencies and accuracy

The set-up is very comprehensive and technical. I was not part of the set-up installation team and am still learning the in's and out's. It is pretty intimidating.

Chris S.
Assistant Beverage Manager in VS
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

It does a lot, but it isn't easy to use

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have quit using it for anything other than timecards. The scheduling functions don't work for me. Excel is 10x faster to make a schedule on.

It is great for adjusting timecards but that is all I use it for.

Other than that I would skip the scheduler and especially the auto roster part because we've never gotten it to work properly. Maybe if we were only open 9-5 weekdays it would work. I would love to see how other businesses open 24/7/365 have made it work but for us it doesn't. Putting in time off is a long process of hour entry, start time, not including days off if taking multiple weeks, etc. It is not user friendly nor quick to use for management. If someone is scheduled for something and you want to change it on their timecard you have to first go through the schedule and delete it there, then go to the timecard and fix that. You should just be able to do it all from there. You can't adjust the amount of time off hours used either without cancelling the whole thing first and doing it over.

Deborah B.
Benefits Manager in VS
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great Source of keeping information

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using Kronos for a number of years (over 10 years). and I can say it is keeping up with the times.

I love the reports I can generate in the system. I can access any data needed in order to get other vendors the payroll records needed.

Its a small thing but the system hesitate when processing data. I tend to move quickly (which is not always good) in the system. But the system because it is thinking/processing data it give me a chance to review what I added in the system.

Wanda G.
HR Coordinator in VS
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Kronos Support Grows as User Knowledge Increases!

4 2 jaar geleden

When we first made the change a lot of our associates were nervous--requesting time at the time clock, being able to combine 2 15 minute breaks-- had not been done before. Now, everyone is quite comfortable with it and understands the bio metric features. Also, we are able to have some individuals punch at a time clock and some use time stamp (punch at computer); as we have both office employees and store personnel. It gives associates more control over their time cards--they can actually see their punches.

The initial set up was difficult because we have union and non union locations--creating the parameters for unions was difficult. Sometimes it would be nice to be more specific with set up...for example each employee should get a minimum of 15 hours.

Chaman G.
Managing Consultant in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

One stop solution for T&A needs of an orginzation of any size

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A comprehensive HRMS solution for any organization of any size across industries. Highly customizable without advance development skills required. Interactive GUI and useful Help sections

Ease of install, setup and configure. Interactive with ease of use

Dependent on third party technology makes it less safer (Java, Flash) Bugs, gaps aren't easily recognized and fixed. Client are expected to contact KGS and request patches/ fixed for already acknowledged issues.