Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over SketchUp

Dankzij een krachtige 3D-modelmaker, 2D-documentatie, cloudopslag, apps voor AR/VR-visualisatie en meer krijg je de klus geklaard met het pakket van SketchUp.

Meer informatie over SketchUp

The 3D model store is quite diverse, with a very broad community. I really liked the product and delivers what it promises.

Cons; moving objects can be a little difficult to toggle. It's hard to easily connect different points.

Beoordelingen van SketchUp

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

SketchUp heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.015 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je SketchUp eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.015)

Bob
Bob
Principal

Can replace almost everything

5,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Tim
Student in Nederland
Architectuur en planning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

3D builder, gemakkelijk je ontwerp realiseren.

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Erg handig en simpel te begrijpen. Geen super lastige opties, dit is misschien ook wel weer jammer. Gebruik het vaak om 3D schetsen te maken en sfeerbeelden te creëren van bestaande of fictieve locaties.

Je kan simpel met CAD tekeningen, of van niks af beginnen. Verschillende formats importeren en deze gebruiken om gebouwen op te zetten.

Lijnen willen soms graag aan elkaar plakken, dit kan ervoor zorgen dat een design soms niet wordt wat je wilt dat het wordt.

Chanaka
Chanaka
Civil Engineer in Sri Lanka
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

Made my design works very easy

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Currently SketchUp is the best software for 3D modelling which is equipped with loads of features which are unavailable in alternative software. And requiring low performance while working very smooth is great. Some complications will occur if you do complex designs but for general purposes this is the best. Can be used even by a beginner without facing issues.

I needed to design several buildings and used SketchUp to create a 3D model. Before I used SketchUp I thought 3D modelling was hard but with SketchUp, model was done easily and was able to experience how it would look after construction. And with 3D warehouse feature I was able to create very realistic simulation making the design process quite easier. Even as a beginner SketchUp was simple and effective tool. Got many tools to help users in modelling. Best feature is in SketchUp is walk around option which will give real life simulation how the final design will be. Also SketchUp got great plugins which will save both time and money of a designer. With 3D warehouse and extension warehouse a user can build any design using very little effort. What makes SketchUp the best 3D design software is unlike any alternative is ability to run smoothly in any computer. Most CAD software require a high-end computers with high performance system but SketchUp works fine in just any mediocre laptop.

Using SketchUp through browser was lagging and very slower compared with installed version. And I faced issues with gaps in walls and floors if you meddle with it few times. Also SketchUp need to upgrade to create complex designs because presently it's hard to do so.

Cláudia
Architect in Portugal

Draft and easy 3D models of your ideas

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

It is easy to learn, free to download (2017 version) and it can help you easily visualize your project.

It is not very precise and it can sometimes be very frustrating to draw complex geometries, it takes some plugins to do it.

Colby
Associate Professor in VS
Beeldende kunst, 501-1.000 werknemers

Sketchup Cloud Version

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My review here is about the current, cloud-based free version of Sketchup, rather than the full version. But I will comment briefly on the full version. In general, Sketchup Pro is a good program for basic architectural modelling, and for the modelling of certain kinds of geometric forms, while having practically no functionality for organic modelling or sculpting. While the results can be 3D printed, the program was not designed for that purpose, and models should not be expected to be very precise or free of flaws. For many years, there was a downloadable free version that could do most of what the pro version could do, with the exception of "boolean" operations such as solid joining and subtraction. Several years ago it became harder to find the free version on the Sketchup site. Then the free version became a separate download and not available until one had tried the pro trial (the trial version used to default to a functional free version), and finally, the free option was switched to a cloud-based version. Presumably these changes have been made for financial reasons, but the end result is that we have a far more limited free version of the program, that is harder to use, and in my opinion less likely to attract users who would then switch to a paid version.

While this is a significant downgrade from the previous free versions, at least it is still free. I think it is an acceptable option for creating things like simple virtual rooms, or rectilinear shapes.

This is a substantially restricted version of Sketchup, and is harder to use in several ways. The user interface has been pared down, which makes the workspace visually cleaner, but makes it more difficult to find functions. Many of the most commonly used function icons are hidden behind other icons, and are only accessible by hovering and switching which one is on top. That makes it harder to teach newcomers how to use the software, since it adds multiple extra steps to tutorial instructions. Also, the choice of placing many functions in flyouts adds recurring pain points to the user experience, as one must continually swap out functions while working. All of this would be a moot point if there were a simple preference toggle that let one choose to have all functions display at once.

Teiwaki
Draughtsman in Micronesia

SketchUp Review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: i have been working with sketchup for about 9 years....and i want to learn more about new techniques....

i like it when working with new plugins...

its easy to use for sketching new designs and 3d designs

Laylee
junior architect in VS
Design en ontwerp, 51-200 werknemers

easiest 3d modeling software

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: for a period of time while I was studying architecture , I didn't have much time to learn rendering professionally , I was short on money and my computer wasn't that strong , sketch up helped me go through that time , providing me with basic renders I needed .

in my opinion the most likable aspect of SketchUp is how easy it is to work with . although i took a course to learn how to work with the software ,it wasn't necessary . you can easily learn the software by browsing through YouTube or other free videos .

as easy as it is to work with sketch up it doesn't give you a very realistic render. for better and more detailed pictures you either should use another software or improve the renders by using photoshop.

ratoboi
software support tech in Zuid-Afrika

Have you ever used Sketch Up before

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Best reliable 3D Modelling / CAD software

reliable; affordable; portable on the go

Price range from Standard to PRO is a steep...

Designer and Project Manager in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Sketchup Review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This is one of the best programs that I use, typically multiple times a week. It is a great tool to communicate ideas typically displayed in 2d.

The ease of use when modeling... and all the extension that are available

I do like that sketchup used to be free, however, now it has an annual cost associated with it.

Steve
Marketing Manager in VK
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing for CAD work

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love it, easy to use, cost effective and presents your plans and ideas beautifully.

Very intuitive platform with a fast learning curve. The extensive library of components makes it easy to create realistic environments and it was great for designing point of sale.

They recently moved the free version to web only which is glitchy unfortunately. Much more stable on desktop.

Thomas
Site Manager in VK
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy to use 3D software

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Easy to use, makes presenting ideas simple and gives clients a way to understand logistics plans or scaffold plans in a 3D environment

Runs out of software power once advance functions are needed

Marla
Owner in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Not What I Expected

4,0 2 maanden geleden

The online tutorials have been helpful but also take a lot of time to explore.

This tool is very complicated to use. You need a class in 3D design to be adept at navigating the tools.

Timmy
Database Administrator in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Advanced Software for 3-D Rendering Rookies

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Anytime a 2-d layout or 3-d model needs to be rendered with great detail, but faster than any computer-assisted designers are available, this program has been extremely useful. It allows us to greatly reduce our time spent wondering if a design will "work" and more time actually implementing and testing the design.

I loved that this software pulled no punches when it came to number of features or the complexity of the layering, tie-point, and drawing tools. There was nothing stopping me from doing a deep-dive in to advanced 3-d modeled surfaces besides the fact that the menus are expansive.

There are no tutorials with this software, and there is also very little explicit integration into other programs that deal with rendered files (such as Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, or AutoCAD software). I feel like this software operates on an island- nothing interfaces natively.

Amy
IT Program Manager in VS
Computerhardware, 10.000+ werknemers

Amazing 3D modeling tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have designed multiple properties with this software. I don't know how I could have done it without this software. I have used it for site planning, 3D modeling of homes, geolocation and proper orientation. This has allowed me to be able to be creative without having to employ someone else (and wait for them) to draw up my designs. Really a game changer for me. I absolutely love this product.

I found Sketchup relatively easy to use compared to other comparable software. I was able to create 3D mockups rather quickly and able to move around the object with ease. I used this software to design an off-grid cabin - all the way down to the electrical schematics. The tool did not limit me in what I wanted to accomplish. I love the 3D Warehouse, where I was able to download furniture and other objects already created. I was also able to use the shadows window and geolocate my model to see how the sun would shine in the windows over the days and months. I adjusted my overhangs and orientation based on this to build an extremely comfortable cabin. Amazing software!

Because this software is so robust, it will take some training to be able to comprehend all of the features. Additionally, in later years it is no longer a client based application, but rather a web based application. The client side app is a much better product and does not require an internet connection for usage (other than the 3D warehouse). The geolocating feature is also now a paid/licensed feature that used to be free.

Fabiana
Post Doctoral Researcher in VS
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A User-Friendly 3D Modeling Tool

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As someone who has used Sketchup for several years, including as a student and professor teaching it for landscape architecture and architecture, I can say that my experience with the software has been mostly positive. One of the things I appreciate most about Sketchup is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to learn and use even for those with little to no experience in 3D modeling. The software's tools are intuitive and allow users to create accurate and detailed models quickly. The Warehouse feature is also a great asset, as it provides access to a vast library of pre-made 3D models that can be used in designs, saving time and effort in the modeling process.However, I have found that Sketchup can be limited in its ability to handle large-scale projects or complex models, particularly when it comes to working with vegetation or other natural elements that can slow down the software or cause it to crash.

- Sketchup has a user-friendly interface that is intuitive and easy to learn, making it a great tool for beginners and professionals alike.- The Warehouse feature allows users to access a wide variety of 3D models, saving time and effort in the modeling process.- Sketchup is ideal for presenting design ideas to clients and stakeholders who may not understand technical drawings.- The software allows users to create floor plans, sections, elevations, and 3D models from a single drawing, streamlining the design process and saving time.

- Sketchup can be limited in its ability to handle large-scale projects, particularly when it comes to working with vegetation or other complex models that can slow down the software or cause it to crash.- The pricing of Sketchup can be expensive, especially for those who are just starting out or working on a limited budget.- The trial version of the software is only available for one month, which may not be enough time for users to fully explore all of its features.

Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Powerful 3D Modeling and CAD Options at a Variety of Price Points

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with SketchUp has been a positive one. I've used it to translate my basic woodworking and house design concepts into quick mockups. Very useful for me for those purposes. What's more I can see the power and utility of the software (particularly the paid tiers) for those involved in even more complex and extensive modeling projects.

For me, the thing I like most about SketchUp is the ease of use and accessibility of the software (especially the free version) for people of all skill levels. I myself have had training in various pieces of CAD and 3D modeling software; however, most of these have such a high barrier to entry. Even with my knowledge and comfort in those systems, when I need to sketch something up quickly for a woodworking project or get a basic idea down on the page, SketchUp is often the quickest way to do it. It allows me to get an idea from my brain to the screen extremely rapidly so that I can test proof of concept and quickly work out any kinks in my initial conception. SketchUp Free has a great standard feature set (model library, shapes, fills, extrusions, etc.) that one would expect from any 3D modeling software. The paid tiers go even further by integrating powerful collaboration tools and cool features like weather/temperature modeling, etc. What's more, being able to export several different file types is useful if I want to take my ideas into another piece of software. All in all, SketchUp provides a powerful (and affordable) suite of options for all user types.

With all of SketchUp's benefits in mind, sometimes its streamlined nature can be a bit of an impediment to translating ideas to "paper." Some my difficulty in this regard is owing to my primary experience in AutoCAD--the interface is just different enough that some basics are counterintuitive (to me). That said, with time and experience in the software, I was able to overcome my initial stumbles. One other potential issue to keep in mind is the fact that SketchUp Free is limited in the types of export formats it provides. To gain access to some of the more universal or software-specific file types, it is necessary to upgrade to a paid tier.

Jessica
Project Architect in Jordanië
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Ensure the design of what customers need with high quality

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Sketchup helped us with more creativity, as the flexibility available in the system, the speed of response, and the multiple options it provides, enable us to design what customers require with high quality, and we can show all the design details accurately.

SketchUp provides us with many great tools that help with creativity, and it is great that I use it in interior design, as it allows me to interact with clients, provide them with initial proposals, and discuss ideas with them, which helps me design what exactly suits their needs. SketchUp allows you to choose between different materials and experiment on several surfaces, as the library components help you choose between them easily. I appreciate that Sketchup provides a lot of plug-ins and features that enable us to create more complex graphics. It is also great to respond quickly to commands in Sketchup, where all operations are done quickly, in addition to the speed of importing and exporting files, and synchronization with other applications is seamless.

There are not many things that I do not like, but I am used to using shortcut keys during the design process, and unfortunately, I do not find many of them in Sketchup, and most of the commands I have to choose from the main menu, which I find annoying sometimes.

Review of Sketch up 2017

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All round, it is a good and flexible software especially for beginners who'd like to just get started with architecture modelling software.

I really like that the software is very flexible. You can literally use it to perform any function pertaining to architectural drawings such as drawing plans, and sections especially with plug-in with a variety of functions you can perform such as builing walls, doors and windows as components etc. I like that you can import and export files ranging from 2D DWG TO 3D COLLADA. I also like that it has a very active community that can assist with any problems you may be facing with the software. I especially like that it intermittently autosaves for you incase of any mishaps that may occur along the line. You can also simply just drag in components and materials without any hassle.

I don't love the unexpected bugsplats and the fact that if I change the setting of one scene it affects the outline profile of the work. I think the zooming options needs a little work because sometimes it can be difficult to orbit around work without expecting it to enter into a surface all the time. I feel the snapping to edges might need a little work as well because sometimes its difficult to close polylines unless you zoom in critically.

Assistant Professor of Instruction in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A great place to start with 3D modeling

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As an amateur "maker" working with 3D printing and fabrication on a small scale, I've found SketchUp to be sufficient for my needs. I keep finding new and surprising things that I can do with it, and while certain functions remain a little mysterious, it is easy enough to use that almost anyone can make something useful right out of the box.

I was able to get started with SketchUp right out of the proverbial box even though I had literally no experience with, or knowledge of, CAD software or 3D modeling. I knew that SketchUp had originated as a Google product back in the day, and so I thought it would be a relatively simple place to start (I was looking specifically for a tool to design objects for 3D printing). Without much fuss, it is entirely possible for a newbie to design and export effective models and 3D files, and with continued tinkering, you can do some really impressive work with the software.

The software is very powerful, but there are some odd quirks that can take some time to resolve. For example, there is no built-in tool to draw a three-dimensional sphere, and you have to follow several steps to do this. It can also be frustrating (and, in some cases, impossible) to use the software as-is to do certain things (e.g., making sure an object is in fact "solid"), and you have to rely on third-party plugins that vary considerably in their quality and usefulness. I also don't like that SketchUp seems to have discontinued its "free" version/license altogether and replaced it with the buggy and ill-featured "SketchUp for Web" app--they've priced the license very ambitiously which I think will unfortunately put it out of reach for a lot of people.

Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

SketchUp - my favourite CAD tool!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic tool. Perhaps it is because I've tinkered with it since its early days, but I find it my go-to tool for any CAD projects. Perhaps it is for this reason that I have had such success with it in the classroom over the years. However, it is a shame that Trimble have changed their policy on SketchUp Pro for Educators - this has limited access to it in certain areas of the world.

I have loved SketchUp's approachability since it was a Google product. I find that the ability to play around and create something really quickly is a real hook into getting students enthused and excited about using and learning the product. It can be used from Students to Hobbyists to Professionals: everyone can get benefit from the Platform - especially now that it has its online browser-based Free version that has Microsoft Office 365 SSO as well as Google (important if you are in a country that has banned Google!). There are GREAT Tutorials available for all skill levels; we are particularly impressed with the ones made available for Education at the K(4)-12 level.

Personally, it has really impacted me that SketchUp Pro is no longer made available to Educators for free. I have multiple projects that were designed on SU Pro and these are no longer easily accessed or worked on. (It IS possible through uploading and downloading through the 3D Warehouse, but this is a pain and does not work well in cases of bigger projects.)

Kushan
Kushan
Planning Engineer in Sri Lanka
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

One of the best developments in designing

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use SketchUp personally for my freelancing work as well as in my profession as a planning civil Engineer. It is important that there are paying categories in this software so that I could use shop pricing plan for my personal business and studio pricing plan for the company. So far it has not disappointed me in designing with SketchUp. It is a good experience.

It is a very much user-friendly product compared to other products in design. Every design software needs a time to learn but by using SketchUp I personally save lots of time. As a construction company, we use outputs of this software to make a clear picture for the clients about the project. Importing and exporting data is very much friendly since it allows to import of data in various formats.

When it comes to animation, It is time-consuming to learn.

Manuel Alberto
Manuel Alberto
Project Engineer in Venezuela
Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

User-Friendly, Fun To Use & Versatile

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: i shortened time of work it took me days to make a 3d model but now i just invest at much four or five ours and the i can start rendering that helps me with the clients normally you ask for two weeks to complete a job but now i can do it in a week

I've been using SketchUp everyday in my line of work for over three years now. It is one of the easiest CAD programs I've used/learned as well as one with some of the best support and communities I've participated in. There are tons of models in the 3D warehouse to learn from or integrate into your own creations. It's for more than just architectural and interior design; I've even used it for animations, pattern making and film! More importantly, I'm still able to import/export files types outside of SketchUp's. It accepts dwgs, dxf.

It's too basic at times, so any detailed things you would have to use another program. it also does not look quite as professional, as the graphics are a little lacking. I usually make the 3-d model and then I bring it into photoshop to render for a better look.

Renier
Project Manager Jr. in Tsjechië
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

SketchUp best to show your creativity, good to view and create 3D.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience it is very good software to show your creativity and very useful in planning and see the layouts and drawings. Very helpful for us in future projects to be able to visualize and see it in 3D. It is very helpful as it serve as our guide in doing projects.

What I like most about the Sketchup is you have the freedom to be creative create anything that you want. Very minimalist buttons and it very nice and very convenient for me as a user. I love it very much I do warehouse layout in 3D and also you can make even the smaller parts very easy to use.

Very demanding software for your computer you need a good PC with a good graphic card on it, because of the 3D that you draw the files getting larger. I hope that Sketchup integrate a extension that you don't need to download although you can download extensions that makes your file size smaller I hope that Sketchup integrate it with their software so you don't need to download extensions.

Somi
Senior Project Manager in VS

The best 3D design tool to architects

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I use many different 3D programs for my design anywhere from simple massing to realistic rendering. Sketchup is by far the most frequently used program and it is my favorite. Easy/simple pull and push features help generate massing quickly when I need to visualize buildings in 3D. I also use it to 3D print building models. Sketchup now has added multiple features that can generate realistic rendering as well. Its compatibility with google earth is also a plus and that is something no other program can do.

This software is mostly used in the schematic design phase. Once I move onto construction documents, sketchup is seldom used as it is not designed for drafting. Although it is compatible with autocad, it is not as powerful as CAD or revit in generating detailed CD drawings.

Majeed Mohammed
Majeed Mohammed
Architecture in Sri Lanka

Most Easier

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It's Really Simple And Quick to Use. Because Other Related softwares Are Taking To much of Time To Create object. Everyone Can Easily Learn this Software without trouble.And OuTput Also Too Gud For Spend Money to this Software

It has some Trouble One of that, An Obejct should Be GROUP before make Another object On that If not When Move an object Everything will Stretch and Collapse. But little amount trouble on y Have this Software I hope it will be Fixed coming Updates. That will be very helpfull

Jason
Owner in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Everything you can ask for.

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoy the unlimited creativity level of SketchUp. I know that I can find what I am looking for, or make it using the product. Hands down, my renderings have greatly improved because of the amount of quality 3D imaging and assets in their warehouse.

I enjoy that I can find most digital files in the warehouse to complete my design. I also love the ability to adjust and adapt most products to fit what I am looking for.

There are occasions that many items are bulky and not vetted before uploaded into the warehouse. This makes it difficult to outside rendering platforms to render interiors quicker.