Over SketchUp

Dankzij een krachtige 3D-modelmaker, 2D-documentatie, cloudopslag, apps voor AR/VR-visualisatie en meer krijg je de klus geklaard met het pakket van SketchUp.

Meer informatie over SketchUp

The 3D model store is quite diverse, with a very broad community. I really liked the product and delivers what it promises.

Cons; moving objects can be a little difficult to toggle. It's hard to easily connect different points.

Beoordelingen van SketchUp

Waar voor je geld

SketchUp heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 786 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je SketchUp eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (786)

Robson G.
Robson G.
Architect and 3D modeler in Mexico

One of the basics to 3D modeling

5 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use it when I have to do an overall architectural design, also for landscape and interior design.

The software is not difficult to use. It has a lot of features that are helpful.

It is a software for 3D modeling, so it isn't recommended for BIM methodology.

Designer in Canada
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Great Design, Sell and Build Tool!

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My SketchUp has been great. The software is continually upgraded and getting better at handling larger models than it used to. We could not be without it in our business.

SketchUp plays an important role in the design, sales and construction of most of our high end residential landscape projects. The integration of SketchUp with DynaScape and Lumion make for an excellent lineup of tools that are crucial to our business. SketchUp's ease of use makes 3D modelling quick and as accurate as you like. 3D modelling makes selling projects much easier than 2D designs. The ability to then push the model into Layout makes creating construction details a breeze.

SketchUp's subscription method is not the easiest to use and can be a bit frustrating. It will log you out every once in a while and make you sign in. It used to not let you open newer version models but now it just warns you.

Colby P.
Associate Professor in VS
Beeldende kunst, 501-1.000 werknemers

Sketchup Cloud Version

3 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My review here is about the current, cloud-based free version of Sketchup, rather than the full version. But I will comment briefly on the full version. In general, Sketchup Pro is a good program for basic architectural modelling, and for the modelling of certain kinds of geometric forms, while having practically no functionality for organic modelling or sculpting. While the results can be 3D printed, the program was not designed for that purpose, and models should not be expected to be very precise or free of flaws. For many years, there was a downloadable free version that could do most of what the pro version could do, with the exception of "boolean" operations such as solid joining and subtraction. Several years ago it became harder to find the free version on the Sketchup site. Then the free version became a separate download and not available until one had tried the pro trial (the trial version used to default to a functional free version), and finally, the free option was switched to a cloud-based version. Presumably these changes have been made for financial reasons, but the end result is that we have a far more limited free version of the program, that is harder to use, and in my opinion less likely to attract users who would then switch to a paid version.

While this is a significant downgrade from the previous free versions, at least it is still free. I think it is an acceptable option for creating things like simple virtual rooms, or rectilinear shapes.

This is a substantially restricted version of Sketchup, and is harder to use in several ways. The user interface has been pared down, which makes the workspace visually cleaner, but makes it more difficult to find functions. Many of the most commonly used function icons are hidden behind other icons, and are only accessible by hovering and switching which one is on top. That makes it harder to teach newcomers how to use the software, since it adds multiple extra steps to tutorial instructions. Also, the choice of placing many functions in flyouts adds recurring pain points to the user experience, as one must continually swap out functions while working. All of this would be a moot point if there were a simple preference toggle that let one choose to have all functions display at once.

Deden saepul A.
designer in Indonesië
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

sketchup

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: well overall this application it was very helpful for all design in the world

i really like this application for modeling my project, easy to understand the tools and

sometime i cant solve the problem of this application

Ryan R.
Sr. Engineer in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Super beginner-friendly 3D software

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Sketchup is a great piece of software. It is powerful, yet easy to use. You can also add-on missing functionality with 3rd party add-ins. I really enjoy the speed that you can model something meaningful using this software. They might want to consider adding a few more advanced features that are the most requested by users to make it even better out of the box.

The ease of use is the big selling point for this software. Most 3D modeling software has a huge learning curve, but that is largely eliminated here. The other thing to note is that just because it is beginner friendly, does not mean that you can't do some really nice modeling details. It still has plenty of functionality for most people and a large user base that you can rely on to ask questions.

There sometimes seems to be simple things that are missing from the base software. One thing that comes to mind is a mirroring feature. It can be done, but it is much less intuitive than with other similar software packages.

Johannes R.
Freelancer in Zuid-Afrika
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Sketchup

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Sketchup is a very useful software to have if you are doing Interior Design. The functionality of the program is excellent and there are a lot of YouTube videos that can give you a quick crash course to use the program. It is a very useful 3D program and the navigation is excellent. I will not use another program other than Sketchup.

You won't get lost using the X, Y and Z reference lines. There are a lot of models to use and you can download more if you want to. You don't need to be an architect or engineer to use the software, it is very easy to use.

It can be a bit tricky to find all the tools. The package prices can be a bit high for a beginner. You do need a lot of RAM and a very good graphics card.

Fahed A.
Engineer in Jordanië
Bouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Design To Build

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I like SketchUp due to its simplicity especially to one who does not have any architectural design experience. I have used it in PV courses to design buildings regard to real site conditions. In addition, I have use it to design my apartment and make good plan to construct to reduce any faults. From 5 years and I have using SketchUp and I do any project before start to construct it.

I like how it is simple where any beginner can use it. We can import any drawing from AutoCAD to SketchUP and start to design our projects. We can link it with other programs like PVSyst to make our study and calculation on PV Projects. It has large scale of products in its warehouse where we can bring it to our design.

Sometimes SketchUp hang when design has many details or we want to bring some products from warehouse due to its size in addition for requesting to sign in for one more time. It is need high minimum requirements of PC hardware and software to download it and start well.

Melissa O.
Architect in Ecuador

A self-study software

4 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I mostly use it for design presentation. Is my first choice for modeling software

Is very easy to use. You can learn it by yourself. You can do almost everything. You just have to download the correct tool. Also is easy to find modeling objects in the web

It have some errors. Some time the software close when it is rendering

Architect in VS
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

SketchUp - Architecture

4 2 weken geleden Nieuw

This is used in our office for massing visualization during schematic design. It is quick to work with and helps us develop massing models that we can show to our clients to lock down a directions before moving into more detailed drawings and models.

Some of the software's functions are not intuitive and it is frustrating to learn and its rendering capabilities are limited, you need to use other software to produce decent renders.

Electrical Designer in VS
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

SketchUp is easy for users to learn and a very poweful tool if you dig more into it

5 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Sketchup is great and can definitely satisfy most of users. I would like to recommend it to people at every skill level.

SketchUp is soooo easy to learn compare with other modeling tools like CAD, Revit or Rhino. And it has many tools for you to polish your project by just few clicks.

Sometime it is messy to export SketchUp model into other software like AutoCAD.

Fayeba F.
Fayeba F.
C.E.O in Ghana
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

It make 3D Arts simple and easy

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As of now SketchUp is the best programming for 3D displaying which is furnished with heaps of highlights which are inaccessible in elective programming. Also, requiring low execution while working extremely smooth is extraordinary. A few entanglements will happen assuming you do complex plans yet for general purposes this is awesome. Can be utilized even by a novice without confronting issues.

I expected to plan a few structures and utilized SketchUp to make a 3D model. Before I utilized SketchUp I thought 3D demonstrating was hard however with SketchUp, model was done effectively and had the option to encounter how it would take care of development. What's more, with 3D stockroom include I had the option to make exceptionally sensible reproduction making the plan interaction very more straightforward. Indeed, even as a novice SketchUp was straightforward and powerful instrument. Got many devices to help clients in demonstrating. Best component is in SketchUp is stroll around choice which will give genuine reproduction how the last plan will be. Additionally SketchUp got extraordinary modules which will set aside both time and cash of an originator. With 3D stockroom and expansion distribution center a client can assemble any plan utilizing next to no work. What makes SketchUp the best 3D plan programming is not normal for any option is capacity to run as expected in any PC. Most CAD programming require a top of the line PCs with superior execution framework yet SketchUp turns out great in any average PC.

Utilizing SketchUp through program was slacking and extremely more slow contrasted and introduced rendition. Furthermore, I confronted issues with holes in dividers and floors in the event that you interfere with it multiple times. Likewise SketchUp need to move up to make complex plans on the grounds that as of now it's difficult to do as such.

Chanaka A.
Chanaka A.
Civil Engineer in Sri Lanka
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

Made my design works very easy

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Currently SketchUp is the best software for 3D modelling which is equipped with loads of features which are unavailable in alternative software. And requiring low performance while working very smooth is great. Some complications will occur if you do complex designs but for general purposes this is the best. Can be used even by a beginner without facing issues.

I needed to design several buildings and used SketchUp to create a 3D model. Before I used SketchUp I thought 3D modelling was hard but with SketchUp, model was done easily and was able to experience how it would look after construction. And with 3D warehouse feature I was able to create very realistic simulation making the design process quite easier. Even as a beginner SketchUp was simple and effective tool. Got many tools to help users in modelling. Best feature is in SketchUp is walk around option which will give real life simulation how the final design will be. Also SketchUp got great plugins which will save both time and money of a designer. With 3D warehouse and extension warehouse a user can build any design using very little effort. What makes SketchUp the best 3D design software is unlike any alternative is ability to run smoothly in any computer. Most CAD software require a high-end computers with high performance system but SketchUp works fine in just any mediocre laptop.

Using SketchUp through browser was lagging and very slower compared with installed version. And I faced issues with gaps in walls and floors if you meddle with it few times. Also SketchUp need to upgrade to create complex designs because presently it's hard to do so.

Robyn H.
Architectural Draughtsman in Zuid-Afrika
Architectuur en planning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

SketchUp: A good place to start your 3D modeling experience.

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Apart from the occasional hiccup, my experience with the software has been great. Most of the challenges that I've faced was due to user error and due to habits that were hard to shake after switching to SketchUp. SketchUp is great for beginners and professionals alike.

Compared to other 3D modelling software that I've tried, SketchUp is by far the easiest to learn and even master. Though it comes with less tools and features than most other software, those that are there are exceptionally focused to to create simple models in an efficient manner. The 3D Warehouse is one of this software's best features for at the click of a button, you have access to a wide variety of models ranging from simple doors to incredibly detailed light fixtures. The user interface can be customized to your comfort and the wide range of plugins available in the plugin warehouse makes your modeling possibilities nearly endless. All the free videos that can be found online makes it really easy to learn the software without having to spend any additional funds.

With the existing features, one is limited to only creating simple models for the software doesn't handle complex curves very well. Though there are plugins that can help, there is only so much you can do. You'd want to keep your file size as small as possible because the program does lag when there is too much information to process. The software is very temperamental. On multiple occasions I've lost progress due to it crashing.

Alain jove R.
Alain jove R.
Freelancer in Filipijnen
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Sketchup and 3D Modeling made easy

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, the functionalities are great and the price is just right for it. Although it just takes time to learn the tricks but it is worth it. Also, I had a few exchanges with support and was pleased they gave me the answers in a timely manner. I was inquiring about using a house decoration in my design. Just making sure what the permissions from the owner of the model allows me..

I like Sketchup because it makes 3D modeling easier. I used to think that similar apps on 3D modeling is complicated and to the point that you'd have to be an architect or engineer yourself to do it. For me, hearing CAD designing is somewhat a complicated process. But with this, I'm happy to have those house designs materialize. It is easy and you won't lose your way basing your reference lines on the X,Y, and Z axis. It is also awesome because you can snap your lines to align with any axis. These are models for windows, doors, appliances to decorate your home with, and you can even download for more. And the best part for me is to have that guy model walk around your house design to give you a feel of your finished product.

Using the browser can be a bit of a pain sometimes as I had a few times of lagging when your design details accumulate. But the app works seamlessly. I'm not sure with other browsers but I tried it with Chrome and Firefox but haven't used it with Opera and Edge. In the apps, there are just a very few times when the lines don't align and there can be gaps on the walls if you mess around a lot with skewing and stretching the surfaces but it can be fixed and you can initially lock the lines into groups so that you can ensure it stays the same and locked in place, and also for ease of duplication.

Amy B.
IT Program Manager in VS
Computerhardware, 10.000+ werknemers

Amazing 3D modeling tool

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have designed multiple properties with this software. I don't know how I could have done it without this software. I have used it for site planning, 3D modeling of homes, geolocation and proper orientation. This has allowed me to be able to be creative without having to employ someone else (and wait for them) to draw up my designs. Really a game changer for me. I absolutely love this product.

I found Sketchup relatively easy to use compared to other comparable software. I was able to create 3D mockups rather quickly and able to move around the object with ease. I used this software to design an off-grid cabin - all the way down to the electrical schematics. The tool did not limit me in what I wanted to accomplish. I love the 3D Warehouse, where I was able to download furniture and other objects already created. I was also able to use the shadows window and geolocate my model to see how the sun would shine in the windows over the days and months. I adjusted my overhangs and orientation based on this to build an extremely comfortable cabin. Amazing software!

Because this software is so robust, it will take some training to be able to comprehend all of the features. Additionally, in later years it is no longer a client based application, but rather a web based application. The client side app is a much better product and does not require an internet connection for usage (other than the 3D warehouse). The geolocating feature is also now a paid/licensed feature that used to be free.

Anees R.
TL in India

SketchUp - Unveil your imagination easily

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall :
==========
If you are using SketchUp for 3d models and building plan it’s a great software, and i find this too much user friendly and as easy as MS paint.
But if u want to use this software for drawing sectional details and working drawings, u need to be an expert in getting output.

1) The biggest pro i like is less hardware demand i.e. You don’t need a heavy machine to use this software, a general configuration laptop does the work quite effectively unlike other softwares. You can import the finalized design in lumion and get a realistic render in no time and. 2) One good advantage of using SketchUp is the u can easily pull push the walls and apply the desired changes instantly and things gets finalized very fast. Whatever you want to imagine, you can apply instantly from painting to cladding to railing designs and wallpapers. 3) Being a designer, the biggest hurdle is the changes client wants, but in SketchUp the visualization and applying changes is super easy, you can sort it out in a meeting or two. It made around 30-40 percent increase in client understanding and project approval. 4) Another plus point i realized is the real time working screen is no less than a simple render other softwares have. And if you have time and know how to use SketchUp, you don’t need an interior designer for some scale projects as the library itself suggest you some great ideas.

1) The rendering part and you need to install different plugins for different works. 2) The library is great but limited, if u want to attach a luxury couch in the drawing room you will not have many great options. 3) Attaching a component to a certain place is bit time consuming as it takes at least 2 angles to see whether the component is fixed accurately or still have some space left here or there.

Quinn F.
Marketing in VS
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers

Fast, Easy Modeling With None of the Hassle

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, Sketchup’s purpose is for modeling subjects that pertain to architecture and structures, and to do so quickly. It can go into finer modeling subjects and it can do much, much more than just modeling, but not nearly as good as other programs can. If your needs are under a time constraint (such as most real-world job requirements) and you need to consistently model structures that don’t need a photo-realistic feel, Sketchup is the perfect tool for you.

Sketchup takes the complexity of modeling and design programs and delivers the power that you need but with none of the hassle. One of the best things about Sketchup is simply its ease of use. If you can think of a way to model something, you likely can within the program and if you can’t, there’s probably an extension built that you can download for that purpose. Additionally, Sketchup’s openness to new users is amazing. They have a free version which is still very powerful as well as numerous helpful training courses for users to explore. Finally, the programs inclusions of key tools makes it a game changer when compared to other programs. It has the ability to get specific and deep into the details of a model, should it be needed. But it really shines when your purpose is for fast modeling to give your audience that extra push. Sketchup provides tools that let you do just that, and do so quickly. Things like their Google Earth inclusion means that you can drop your model into a real world setting with very minimal working time.

It does, at times, feel like it has it has limitations, specifically when models get large and extremely detailed. It won’t matter how powerful your computer is, certain large models just won’t run well within the program. Also, features that are very important for my work either require separate programs or lots of extra work time to get right. Exporting into Adobe Illustrator is one of these workflow issues. You can export your Sketchup file into a 2D graphic, but there’s no easy way to do so if your model is dimensionally large as it won’t fit into your Illustrator file. Another pain point is finishing details. Sketchup allows you to play with lighting and textures, but sometimes their tools just are not enough. That’s required me to look further into other programs such as Blender.

Timmy T.
Database Administrator in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Advanced Software for 3-D Rendering Rookies

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Anytime a 2-d layout or 3-d model needs to be rendered with great detail, but faster than any computer-assisted designers are available, this program has been extremely useful. It allows us to greatly reduce our time spent wondering if a design will "work" and more time actually implementing and testing the design.

I loved that this software pulled no punches when it came to number of features or the complexity of the layering, tie-point, and drawing tools. There was nothing stopping me from doing a deep-dive in to advanced 3-d modeled surfaces besides the fact that the menus are expansive.

There are no tutorials with this software, and there is also very little explicit integration into other programs that deal with rendered files (such as Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, or AutoCAD software). I feel like this software operates on an island- nothing interfaces natively.

Ed o M.
Ed o M.
manager in Kroatië
Bouwmaterialen, 2-10 werknemers

3d design for everybody

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 1st time I heard about SKETCHUP was several years ago. I was looking for some fast sketching solution (preferable in 3d ) and search engine listed this program as near 1st position (and not a CAD). So, I clicked on the link and saw a fantastic piece of software. After some 8 or 9 years SKETCHUP is still on my computer. It's more poreful than several years before (form SKETCHUP 6, if I remember correctly), there are more materials, components and models (when 3d warehouse started it made a revolution of it's kind, enthusiast could show their models and companies could offer their products and services). Several things made me a follower/user of this program: simple to use, fast drawing, diferent type of finishing, cross-sections, user-friendly interface, diferent ways to achieve same results (by multyplaying or by dividing, by pulling or following,...), plenty of options and many special features that came during years. On of the first features was inserting a 3d object on GOOGLE EARTH (GOOGLE was a previous owner). That had a tremenduos effect and in short perid of time every city had many of landmarks made by SKETCHUP and inserted on maps. 3d warehouse was also an succesfull feature. Interesting feature, also, is "projection and perspective view". Changing this You can switch from "natural" 3d view to "geometrical" 3d view. This is MUST BE USED when You switch from designing to taking measures (hard to describe but imediately visible when used) Interesting feature, from a few version ago, is to match a photo. You simply load a photo (interior or exterior) and with help from program You model a 3d object, At the end You had a 3d model replica from photo with textures acquired from photo. If You are in real estate business, You understand what can be done regarding virtual demonstrations. Another nice feature is another warehouse - for extensions. With these addons You can have a completely different way of doing Your job, from drawing, designing or 3d printing. PRO version have some other usefull features that I like .DWG handling and several types of calculation, reporting (these are important part of my work with it) and exporting results. If You need a good sollution for 3d sketching, drawing or design, and You don't have time to learn a full CAD software this is software for You.

Simple tu use, fast drawing, starting 3d models and 3d warehouses, extensions, textures, importing of photos and materials, finishing, rendering options, drawing/sketching options, perspective changing, components and objects designing, friendly-used interface, cross-sections, active comunity,...

Many options are not visible or even expected. Without manual and (several) video tutorials many things that are simple to do You can't be done as they are not explained/offered. Switching axes sometimes is very irritating. Deleting a part of object sometimes cause un-expected results. Pushing/pulling sometimes cause small but irritating problems with surfaces.

Jeremy K.
Jeremy K.
Business Analyst in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

SketchUp is the Ultimate!

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love it! I use Sketchup Pro for small projects but just love the detail I can get with the program giving me a full blown idea of what my models will look like before anything has been physically constructed.

What can I say, the first time that I heard about Sketchup Pro was a few years back when I was developing a Haunted House attraction believe it or not. I needed a 3D modeling software that could help give me and idea of what it would be like to walk through and build it before anything was purchased. It allowed me to go through and find holes in the design plan that would have been very costly if I did not simulate it later down the road. The ease of use is so easy, any one from absolute beginner to expert level CAD designer can plug and play into Sketchup Pro! I also want to mention that it is a FUN product to use as well and the amount of features is incredible! From the 3D wear house to being able to make 3D renderings turn into 2D schematics is such an amazing feature. I have enjoyed using sketch pro so much that I have even taken a few online courses on how to become better and it makes the software my go-to for all my modeling needs. Anyone from small real estate firms, architectural and engineering businesses, down to the home haunter like myself, Sketch Up Pro is the one stop shop for all of your needs!

I really enjoy Sketchup Pro so there really is not a whole lot that I can say that is a problematic about it. The one thing that does stick out (and may be its only flaw) is the price tag attached to it for one license is a little steep. Now, even though I say that, the value and ROI of Sketchup Pro far surpasses the initial price tag. It really comes down to what you want to use it for, but no matter the case, it really is worth every penny that you pay for it!

Social Media Manager in Sri Lanka
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fast and easy 3D & 2D design software

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: SketchUp-Pro is generally easy to use, fast, convenient and much reliable. It has exposed me to newer designs and has allowed me to explore architecture even more. I’ll definitely go for the program over most other competitive software.

Most designers, regardless of their skill levels, find SketchUp-Pro one of the fastest and easiest CAD software programs for both creating and editing 3D & 2D designs. I bet this is mostly because of the thousands of models present in its intuitive toolbars and 3D Warehouse. What I like the most about the program are its customizable toolbars and large icons. These two features make it easy even for beginners. The software has no house wizard, but it still makes it simple to create all sorts of designs. It grants me access to the Trimble’s 3D warehouse. The Trimble’s 3D warehouse stocks thousands of models that I may download and use. This way I have access to lots of shared files together with a growing number of designs. The Program also has other built-in features such as the animations, lighting and textures effects. The Plugins are available to serve the purpose of advanced photorealistic rendering. In addition, the program offers built-in rendering styles. The software is compatible with an array of file types such as AutoCAD’s DXF and DWF files. It allows me to use the 3D printing image files, PDF and STL file. Some useful 2D CAD features include the layer manger and text & color editing. The layer, measurement and style toolbars make editing easier. I can quickly switch between different functions and correctly apply styles faster. In addition, other features such as import capabilities, macro recordings, and setup manager make the use of the program more convenient

Although the software offers architectural tools to promote building plans, SketchUp Pro lacks the house wizard and a wall tool. These two aspects would otherwise give the software a more powerful influence on architecture.

Ernesto alfonso O.
Ernesto alfonso O.
Director in Mexico
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Excelente herramienta para diseñar

5 4 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Es maravilloso este software, desde la iPAd puedes hacer todo, desde diseñar, visualizar, hacer bocetos e incluso trabajr con corte de vinil y máquinas de PLC.

Es realmente fácil diseñar con eta aplicación, para diseños 3d y 2d es esencial en el trabajo de arquitectura, construcción, diseño de mobiliario, maquetación. Es intuirivo, sencillo pero muy potente y sus resultados increíbles. Su aplicación ya disponible para Ipad es asombrosa y convierte la tableta en un plano, su Relidad Virtual provoca que puedas ver con realismo lo que estas diseñando.

Pudiera ser más compatible en la importación de proyectos de otros programas tradicionales del mercado.

Arquitecta in Chili

Sketchup mi software favorito

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Lo uso desde un poco antes de entrar a la universidad, he alcanzado por mi misma sin ningun curso niveles de detalles impresionantes y cada dia mejoro mas mis imagenes de proyectos. La verdad me parece una herramienta de primera necesidad para la arquitectura y espero en algun momento poder tomar alguna capacitacion para perfeccionarme en su uso, es el programa que yo siempre elijo.

Me gusta la facilidad que tiene para el diseño de proyectos de arquitectura, es muy muy facil de usar, tiene una variedad de herramientas impresionante, puedes alcanzar detalles sorprendentes y puedes modelar en 3d proyectos enteros en mucho menos de lo que te tomaria en otros softwares de modelado 3d. Es mi herramienta favorita a la hora de trabajar en proyectos y al complementarlo con V-Ray realmente puedes alcanzar un nivel de renders excepcional, recomiento Sketchup en un 100% sobretodo si se usa para la arquitectura o el diseño, es un programa que definitivamente prefiero sobre cualquier otro.

Lo unico que no me gusta de este software es que para hacer esferas, circulos o curvas en general el nivel de detalle no es muy bueno, puede complementarse con extensiones para mejorar esto, pero po si solo no tiene muy buen nivel de detalle en eso. Otra cosa que quiza no es tan buena del programa es que la opcion de cotas que tiene no es muy buena esteticamente hablando, fuera de eso es mi software favorito.

Israel jose A.
Israel jose A.
Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting) in Venezuela
Civiele techniek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fastness, reliability and easy to use CAD

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a hydraulic engineer, and not an architect, I started using Sketchup Pro to make general designs and more for fun than need, then, when making work proposals, it became a fundamental tool thanks to the speed with which I could generate 3D decorative solids, with textures and lighting effects from simple 2D drawings.

Despite the fact, the almost all the CAD software are essentially very complex programs, the first and most I like of SketchUp ProCAD is its easiness of use, even for beginning designers. The Custom Tool Palette permit you to create custom palettes or menus with the tools and features that you can choose according to your needs, and if you no longer use or need any tool, you can simply delete them. Then we have the Drag and Drop functionality, that allows you to take blocks and symbols from the palettes and drag and drop them in your drawing, you can also use this function to toggle the order of the drawings within a project and move them to the position you want. Sketchup Pro has the most common and useful features, such as Measure Command Tool, simply select the object you want to measure, and the program will indicate its dimensions, area, volume of solids and even perform calculations such as the area of a solid minus the area of other solids that intercept or are located within it; also has Snap Tool; Layer Manager; Text Editing; Point Marker; Color Editing, and of course, one I really love, the Extrude 3D Models from 2D Designs, with which you can create a 3D model from a more complex 2D design, and to perform the inverse process generating 2D Designs from 3D Models. If you are a programmer, or not, Sketchup Pro comes with Macros that allows you to record and automate any process. The 3D Warehouse is one of the most useful resources, with which you will have a wide var

Within the cons, the photorealistic rendering provided by the software could give more striking results but they are also quite decent, and of course, another significant con is the lack of Wall Tool and House Wizard, and other architectural tools

Architecture Intern in Nigeria

Review of Sketch up 2017

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All round, it is a good and flexible software especially for beginners who'd like to just get started with architecture modelling software.

I really like that the software is very flexible. You can literally use it to perform any function pertaining to architectural drawings such as drawing plans, and sections especially with plug-in with a variety of functions you can perform such as builing walls, doors and windows as components etc. I like that you can import and export files ranging from 2D DWG TO 3D COLLADA. I also like that it has a very active community that can assist with any problems you may be facing with the software. I especially like that it intermittently autosaves for you incase of any mishaps that may occur along the line. You can also simply just drag in components and materials without any hassle.

I don't love the unexpected bugsplats and the fact that if I change the setting of one scene it affects the outline profile of the work. I think the zooming options needs a little work because sometimes it can be difficult to orbit around work without expecting it to enter into a surface all the time. I feel the snapping to edges might need a little work as well because sometimes its difficult to close polylines unless you zoom in critically.