Over Kasm Workspaces

Kasm Server is een softwarepakket voor virtuele desktopinfrastructuur en een platform voor webisolatie.

Meer informatie over Kasm Workspaces

No on prim solutions for my clients also who needs same.

Beoordelingen van Kasm Workspaces

Waar voor je geld
4,9

Kasm Workspaces heeft een totaalscore van 4,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 21 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Kasm Workspaces eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (21)

Mo F.
Mo F.
DevOps Engineer in VS

The modern VDI solution

5,0 6 maanden geleden

For users I like the ease of use since they only need a browser, no need to install a client. As a devops engineer I really like that the applications are hosted on containers making them easy to shift from on-prem to the cloud and also as a container they are efficient with the compute consumption. In my experience legacy VDI solutions have a lot of overhead which increases cost and it is a major reason why I.T. departments host them on local hypervisors rather than using devops methodologies in the cloud. I stopped working and consulting the legacy VDI solutions due to the lack of devops techniques but Kasm is a game changer since it brings DevOps to VDI and I highly recommend at work and to clients.

Not a must have but other products that have a web interface for virtual apps and desktops offer integrations with ticketing and HR software so that users login to one portal to check in. In my experience user adoption has been "hit and miss" with these integrations since they are limited and often read only API responses from services like ServiceNow or Workday which are better used while logged in. The Kasm Workspace interface is clean and provides a great user experience already.

Overwogen alternatieven: Citrix Workspace

Redenen om voor Kasm Workspaces te kiezen: Better backend technology and easier to deploy as an engineer and ease of use for users.

Overgestapt van: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops en VMware Horizon

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: Better pricing for a better product.

William A.
None in VS
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Why I recommend Kasm

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have been using Kasm for a couple months now, and the software is really nice. I started using it for school, when my district blocked a note taking app that I like. After getting comfortable with Kasm I followed the tutorial in the documentation to make a container for sublime text. After that I made a custom container that auto install ad-block and runs a music streaming service that I like. There is also excellent support.

Installing Kasm Workspaces is very easy. It only took about 30 minutes for it to work. Upon logging on for the first time they great job in Web portal design. Adding a new image, docker container, is also very easy. Another very nice feature was the easy ability to add more users. It takes minimal knowledge to set up, and there is excellent documentation to help in the event of problems.

I did not have problems with Kasm, but the one downside that I don't like is the inability of the admin account to log into all of the sessions. However, I have not looked deeply into this, it may be my mistake.

Overwogen alternatieven: Cameyo

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: I choose this because there is a free community edition, and it uses Linux. While that may scare some off the nice part about using Linux is I don't need to worry about licensing. If I choose something like Cameyo I would.

Mazurov V.
Home in Moldavië
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Kasm Workspaces review

5,0 10 maanden geleden

It's good software. The best choice for security

Missing mobile app your need acces for mobiyle

Justin C.
Justin C.
CSO in VS
Olie en energie, 11-50 werknemers

Cloud Hosted Applications and Desktops

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: A great way to leverage the cloud when interacting with the internet to make sure that your computer and data stays safe.

Cloud service that provides access to applications, desktops and browsers. This allows me to interact with the web without putting my browser/computer at risk. The Sharing feature is very useful for screen sharing without having to join into a web conference application. The ability to launch a desktop to have access to installed applications or to modify files with a full productivity suite is very useful.

File upload is through the control panel instead of drag-and-drop.

Overwogen alternatieven: Isolation Platform, Cigloo Browser Isolation Management Platform en Ericom Shield

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: The best price of the available solutions, cloud hosted and browser-based so I don’t have to install any software.

Ignacio V.
Solutions Architect in Uruguay
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Remote Applications and Desktops? Kasm is what you need.

5,0 vorig jaar

We tried Kasm for a specific project to deploy desktop and remote apps, and Kasm helps us achieve this task. It was easy to deploy and easy to learn. If you need a remote isolate browse or a VDI Solutions without spending a ton of money, Kasm is what you're looking for.

I don't see any cons. Maybe nice to have support for multiples languages.

Overwogen alternatieven: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: Do not require a ton of hardware to run, was easy to deploy and learn how works.

Hank D.
Admin in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Web-based Secure Remote Access

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This makes it easier for teleworkers to get access to applications on the work network without having to install any software on the devices at home. This allows employees to use personal devices and phones instead of always needing a company computer.

Home-based employees have secure access to work applications through a web browser without installing a VPN client. Since it is a web browser solution so it can be used on untrusted devices to allow secure access to internal applications and prevents any data loss.

The cut-and-paste function works through the control panel instead of directly into the browser.

Overwogen alternatieven: Cisco AnyConnect en Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: Kasm is entirely web-based, so we don't need to install software on the endpoints.

Reactie Kasm Technologies

vorig jaar

Thanks for the review. We a pleased to hear that Kasm was able to provide a browser-based secure telework solution, without the need for installing VPN software.

David F.
Head of IT in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A great, simple VDI style solution

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Used with my Chromebook, the software has provided me with a central location to work from during the pandemic which I know is safe and secure. I get good milage to of the software.

My first love about this software is that it's containerised, which means with a little imagination and a few hours it's not that difficult to get your own apps running on the solution or your own Linux desktop. Other than that it's the ease of use.

I would hope that moving forward there could be more desktops available (Linux is fine) based on more recent versions of OS's

Overwogen alternatieven: vCenter Server en Proxmox VE

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: Ease of install and setup.

Umesh P.
GM Sales in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Kasam VDI

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Good and easy manage by my team members

Easy to use and maintaining by my team members

No on prim solutions for my clients also who needs same.

Overwogen alternatieven: vCenter Server

Redenen om over te stappen op Kasm Workspaces: Fullfill my requirement.

Matthew M.
Principal in VS
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Kasm Workspaces is a Leader in Containerized Desktop Infrastructure

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We used Kasm primarily as a remote browser isolation platform for open-source threat intelligence hunting and gathering operations; and the platform was ideal for this use.

Kasm offers ease of use, cross-platform integration, and quick onboarding while also providing a robust remote work environment suitable for everything from remote browser isolation use to complete CDI/VDI solutions for remote office workers.

The integration of Microsoft Windows-based software would greatly benefit many organizations that currently may consider other CDI/VDI providers simply for this feature, as Kasm is a clear leader in all other regards.

Reginald J.
Solution Architect in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Kasm is one of the best web app testing tools I've ever used

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Once deployed, KASM makes delivery of ephemeral compute and application environments incredibly simple. This is great for web application testing as iterative QA test can be easily deployed allowing functional testing without the bottlenecks.

The installation process for KASM is not the simplest. Although documented as supporting Ubuntu, I encountered numerous errors until deploying on Debian. Once deployed, KASM has been very easy to use.

Eihab H.
CEO in Duitsland
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Kasm the new era of carry on services and Apps

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I really think that mobilizations of everything MOE is coming to everything in the world that’s where Kasm and Kasm perfect line of products are always there.

Easy to use easy to setup and even redeploy in just minutes maybe seconds with ease. I do like it very much and I think an idea as of this shouldn't be talking that very long of time to shine and be there just about forever and be deliver to this very fine of research results. Thank you Kasm and I really hope and wish you will prosper and sustain. Best of always luck.

Maybe if thay share a little more on future developments plans. want to know really want to know.

Brandon E.
Senior Coach in Australië
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Secure Desktop and Safe Browsing Experience

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: More productive with Client Details and less stress with privacy, especially with banking

Kasm is the first true "Workplace in the Cloud”, providing access to applications, desktops and browsers. I use Kasm for presentations of my work-in-progress. I can share my screen with participants without putting my browser at risk. The Sharing feature is also useful for remote screen sharing during web conferences or meetings without having to join into a web conference application. The broad range of powerful features of Kasm allows me to interact with the Web without exposing my computer/browser to risks such as malware or phishing attacks and data loss during a system crash.

The Copy and Paste is only functional through the control panel

Jigar P.
Sr Devops Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good little throw away session to get your job done

5,0 6 maanden geleden

I love the ability to schedule session and be able to start a new one at moments notice. I like being able to lab test without modifying my base os.

Its currently lacking kubernetes integration. I am moving away from docker deployment to k8s deployment and the lack of integration is going to either halt all together or maintain an additional infrastructure.

Hichem N.
IT Engineer in Algerije
Olie en energie, 201-500 werknemers

Perfect tool for OT stuff and for users

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it often for temporary work or for process isolation, web acces is the best way to do remote work

Ease of deployment, web interface, on premise installation, i use it as a sandbox with Chrome extension. Great addition.

My clients are not linux users, wonder if u can make Windows based images

Lee M.
Teacher in Nieuw-Zeeland
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

Kasm in Education

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am really enjoying using Kasm and figuring out how this will help me and my students learn computer science concepts.

I can add required software easily without the headache of installing it it on different student laptops. I know that students can’t accidentally muck up the os or app settings and can access it all from anywhere.

Time to figure out how to use it. However, more videos are starting to come out now.

Thomas S.
cto in Duitsland
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

A Good product for a an affordable price

4,0 6 maanden geleden

ermöglicht Ihnen die schnelle Implementierung von Daas-Implementierungen ohne unnötige Formalitäten und Erwartungen

ales is gut keine Mängel festgestellt , Nur Vorteile

Paul P.
Network Administrator in VS
Informatiediensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

KASM is perfect tool for phishing investigations!

5,0 6 maanden geleden

I love the disposable browser functionality that KASM provides to its users. I use this all the time and love it!

None that I have found yet. But I also do not require persistence.

CEO in VS
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Great option for focusing projects and sandboxing your browser

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Super clean and quick user experience, team keeps up communication which is great!

We love the ability to instantly spin up a Chrome browser to sandbox client work and to isolate extensions for testing purposes.

Looking forward to being able to forward USB devices -- hopefully to include webcams so we can start doing video conferencing!

Confidential in Chili

Best for Information Security

5,0 4 maanden geleden

It's simple, safe and fast. Perfect when you need a quick environment

Could have more tools a windows could be welcome

Diane J.
Diane J.
Realtor in VS
Vastgoed, 10.000+ werknemers

Secure Desktop for Email/Files/Websites

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: With more people working from home during COVID, not everyone has access to the latest cybersecurity protection which makes it important to take precautions against web threats. Kasm allows me to interact with untrusted email and files without putting my own system at risk.

Kasm provides a safe way to visit websites, check webmail and open files without putting my computer at risk. As a realtor, I have to open files from clients and colleagues who may not have the latest security protections. By using a desktop in the cloud, I can ensure that my computer is not compromised.

Additional browser login when opening the desktop.

Alex C.
IT user in Hongkong
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Review

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Web isolation, very nice for testing.

User interface can be improved more. Some user confused the button