Human Resource and Safey Director

Kim R.
Human Resource Director
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Overall, Staff Files encompasses majority of our needs in the HR field. Some of the things I'd like to see changed, added or modified are:
1) Vacations to print out in calendar form, per month to hand out in hard copy form
2) A question box before changes are saved to make sure the changes are correct. (Ex. I could have an employee record open and while doing something else could mistakenly hit the keyboard and it may have deleted out the name or changed it. There isn't a safety measure to make sure change is correct prior to auto saving. In fact a "Save" option would be good.
3) Would like to see an undo or redo type of option. As in #2 sometimes need to refer back to the previous info, especially where changed in error.
4) Would like to see more info from Quick Books imported over i.e.; wage info, etc. (maybe a QB issue?).
5) Add search option to find employee name instead of having to scroll down.
Note: I couldn't get the star rating to work correctly......Overall is 4, Ease of Use 3, Customer Service 3.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Atlas Business Solutions op 20-6-2014

Thank you for feedback!

The Absence Calendar (from the Reports menu) is a one-month view that shows at-a-glance when employees will be or have been away from work during that month.

The Find button on the toolbar is used to search for employees instead of having to scroll the entire list.

We'll forward your suggestion about the save button onto our developers for consideration.

Good program, improvements needed...

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2012
Amanda B.
Human Resources Assistant
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Its a great program, for companies that need simple operations and user friendly programs. It helps manage our employees and is more efficient to find out information about the employee.

Pluspunten: 1.One of the cheaper options out there
2.Love the option of reminding us when trainings are out of date.
3.Love the multi-user option, that way different departments of the company can enter information.
4. User-Friendly
5. Simple reports are easy to make, use, and print.
6. You don't have to necessarily look at the employees personal file, when trying to find out information.

Minpunten: 1. Had multiple different problems.
2. No option for a one time training
3.Had to buy newest version because tech. support only could assist with the newest version.
4. Program errors where we had to send our database to them in a zip file and wait for them to fix it rather than being able to fix it over the phone.
5. When calling tech support, I once got a tech adviser that couldn't help with my problems and couldn't seem to answer any of my questions.

Great program

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2017
Tammy D.
Office Admin
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling:
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used this program for years and found it easy to use and very thorough. Adding the information was easy and finding the information was easy and easy reports as well. Very happy with it.

Pluspunten: Easy of use
Good reports

Minpunten: I can't think of any cons

Nice Staff Database program

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019
Director of Finance and Human Resources
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling:
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This program easily allow us to track staff information, especially training expiration dates. Very helpful.

Pluspunten: This program is easy to install and use. Customization is available for some fields. A nice basic program.

Minpunten: Some restrictions on customization. Report generator could be better.

Highly Recommend!

Toby H.
HR Director
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Staff Files Pro is a great software package that any HR department can fully utilize. It's very user friendly, easy set-up, and is a tremendous asset to the HR department. Scanning and labeling documents is easy, as is finding documents in a personnel file. My directors have access to Staff Files Pro and they are able to see a personnel file without having to come to my office. We can also email documents to employees and/or directors if needed. The only cons with Staff Files Pro, and these are very minor, is (1) when scanning new documents in that fall under one label (i.e. FMLA leave documents), the newest document is last whereas it should be placed at the front; and (2) there isn't a way to attach "post-it" notes to scanned documents. Again, very minor cons. Overall, however, I have recommended Staff Files Pro to several colleagues and encourage HR offices to use Staff Files Pro!

Timr saver!

Monique P.
Hospital Administrator and Part Owner
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I can't tell you how much time this software has saved me and my office manager. We use it for everything. We especially like the User tab because you can customize everything in there and we have it all used up!
The reminders in the system helps a lot for evaluations, exams, training periods, etc.
The accrual section is amazing. It works so well for us because we have different accruals depending on how long the employee has worked for us, etc. It takes care of everything for us.
Thank you for giving us the extra time!

Need more comprehensive reports

Austin G.
Human Resource Associate
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Staff Files is, for the most part, a decent HR system. The only issue I have and would LOVE to see created is a way to export any field at all into an Excel Spreadsheet. You can do this somewhat already by clicking "Reports" and then "Employee List" but when you go there, not all fields are available. If it was possible to create a way that any and all fields are able to be in this employee list, I would bring the Staff Files rating up substantially.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Atlas Business Solutions op 19-6-2014

Thank you so much for your review of Staff Files! We appreciate your candid comments.

In addition to using the Employee List, there are two other alternatives for exporting information from Staff Files into Excel. The other reports available in the Reports menu can also be exported to Excel from the File menu in the Print Preview window. Also, you could create custom reports from the underlying Microsoft Access database. After the reports are created in Access, you can use them directly from the Reports menu in Staff Files.

Staff Files

Lori S.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: This is good software to store digital records for employees. It would be definitely simplify the process if you were able to drag and drop items from your computer to the employee file. It would also be useful that when a link for a document(s) changes that you would be able to delete more than one doc at a time. This process is very time consuming.

A Great Asset

Nick M.
HSEQ Manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Staff files enables us to track, analyse and create reports that helps to simplify our HR process, The reminder function is invaluable to this business for keeping track of licences and training. Support has been good. Overall I would recommend this to any small to medium enterprise looking for HR software
that is simple to install, maintain and use.

Nice Application

Nicole S.
Administrative Assistant
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Overall Staff Files is a good application to store information. I would like however if how the information that is stored would be a little different such as when looking into specific details on an employee, if it would be stored by date. That would be more helpful.

EXTREMELY HAPPY

Christi C.
HR Director
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I use staff files on a daily basis, and still learning new things that I find makes my job easier. I would recommend to another user.

Easy to use tool

Nicole A.
Vice President
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I find the tool easy to use and accessible to enter important information as a manager.

Karen R.
Finance Administrator
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Excellent! Cannot comment on Customer Service, as I have never used the service.

staff files

P.s. R.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Great software, very easy to use.

Product use

Elaine S.
HR coordinator
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have never used the customer service because I find the product easy enough to use to figure things out on my own. I particularly love the ease of the reports functions. I only use it for vacation and sick time tracking. Well worth the money.