Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Quickbooks Point of Sale reviews

Over Quickbooks Point of Sale

Niet beschikbaar

Stock value, amount sold, cost of goods, profits. How well each vendor is doing.

Just had a record breaking $500 sale that took 15 min bc during it the system started scanning items in wrong. We have been open 6 months.

Beoordelingen van Quickbooks Point of Sale

3,9
3,5
3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,6

Quickbooks Point of Sale heeft een totaalscore van 3,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 176 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Quickbooks Point of Sale eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (176)

Christopher
Christopher
Independent Distributor in VS
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

My swiss army knife

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Its my go to book keeping tool I have used it I "Trust" it and would highly recommend it to any business no matter the industry or size .

Easy to understand so its easy to train new users I have used this software in my construction business and a store manager it easily helps me manage multiple pos devices both in store and in the field making tax forms and reports quick and easy to create .

There is a learning curve for some uses of the software

Reactie Intuit

5 jaar geleden

We're proud to be backing Pace Products inc, Christopher. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review with us, as it's wonderful to hear that you find the program so easy to use. I want to ensure you have all of the resources you need to help those you train get past the learning curve that is usually associated with a new program. For this reason, I encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Community website. It's a resource hub filled with a wealth of self-help knowledge articles that cover a wide range of QuickBooks-related topics. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us Additionally, here's another link that will take you to a list of video tutorials that also cover many of the various features QuickBooks has to offer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z Thank you again for reviewing our software, Christopher! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The software you need when opening a small business

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: For those opening a small business, how to process payments is one of the key questions that need a solution and with this you have the ability to get paid from your customer.

The easy functionality and all the different features that I didn't think about that would be there to help get a company going

The time it takes to put in all information

Lisa
business owner in VS

bugs in the system

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am so disappointed. I have logged 50 hours on the phone with customer service since August 2020. The engineers obviously released the new updated system too soon and my business suffers because of it. I also found that the pin pad freezes and then reverses your sale even though you think it went thru. awful!!

I love that it is easy to use and has good reporting ability. Links well with QB Bookkeeping

I was told to upgrade from QB 12.0 to 19.0.. I have had nothing but problems. The first day we set it up there was an error and there continues to be same error message even though i have spent numerous hours on phone with customer service. I am on my 3rd pin pad and had the system uninstalled and re-installed twice. They want to do it again but I refused as they just keep trying different things instead of really figuring out what the problem is. Today I tried to process a $400 sale on applepay and was told that they have an issue with this type of payment (even though this new pin pad was supposed to take Apple pay) They never let you know of issues. You just have to experience them and then call in.

audric
personal trainer in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Surprised how easy it was to use

5,0 vorig jaar

best part of this software was how quickly I can process the payments while maintaining a constant log of each sale.

no features really missing I just had to over come the learning curve to be honest.

Ray
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

QuickBooks POS - not good for Retail, but anything else maybe

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I generally liked the QB POS software and what it did for us, ... but we grew out of this. Ideally this would be great for a small business that had fixed assets that didn't change and if the SBO didn't want to pour out too much money for a POS.

1) They release a new product upgrade every other year so there is no need to update your computer software every year. The upgrades are not necessary, but upgrades to provide more features. 2) Everything is backed up to a single database file on the computer; so in the event of a computer crash as long as you're backing up the QBPOS db, you can re-install the software, re-point the db file and get going again. 3) It's easy to use and navigate. 4) Does not require internet connection if the internet goes down 5) Great reports 6) A great company, with solid reputation, with a good name brand product

1) Customer support is great, but you have to pay for it. I learned to reach out to 3rd party companies for Support. that seemed more eager and 2) Does not integrate with an online store presence. For our online store each time someone purchased something online we had to update our instore inventory; and vica-versa. 3) The software upgrade is a little pricey for 1 upgrade. I remember it was affordable for an upgrade for me; and we only had 1 POS computer & 1 seat. If we had 2 computers it would have been more expensive. 4) Constantly trying to add new inventory and remove old inventory was kind of a hassle. If your business had fixed assets then ideally this would be a good solution. 5) If your computer crashed or you need to get a new computer, you would have to setup the new computer and reinstall the software on the new computer along with the help of QB POS Tech Support. While this in itself wasn't bad it was trying to schedule a time that they were open and the store wasn't open so I could fix this.

Weldon
Weldon
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

D cent POS software for the money but definitely could be better.

Opmerkingen: It runs my business

Seamless integration with Quickbooks and fairly simple setup as well as fairly inexpensive software are the best features.

Poor search features in make a sale and goofy differences between make a sale and sales order screens make it obvious that this is somewhat of an afterthought for QuickBooks.

Reactie Intuit

6 jaar geleden

Happy Tuesday, Weldon. We love hearing about how we can improve the product, and interface suggestions are always very much appreciated. I'd be glad to pass your feedback along to the engineers directly, as they frequently review customer feedback when developing new features/enhancements. When you get a bit of downtime, please send your ideas to me in an email ([email protected]). I'll forward them on your behalf, and will keep a lookout for your message. In the meantime, I encourage you to explore the Point of Sale Resource Center at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. There you'll find expert advice, articles, and workflow tips on the small business fundamentals, with a focus on the Point of Sale product. Until we chat again, wishing you all the best! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

priscilla
Sole proprietor in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

This pos system exceeds my needs

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: This program had everything that I wanted not only did it meet expectations that exceeded them and even was ahead of me in being able to navigate problems I didn't even realize I would have

They think of just about everything and they make it so easy that it almost does it itself

There's there's a lot of content so it can be a little confusing at first but once you get it going it is smooth sailing from there

QB Point of Sale Review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: DIdn't require to be online as some other versions of a POS system do require. This is a nice feature as it is a pay one time not monthly.

Easy to adapt has two different screen settings that make it easy depending on your type of retail business that allows it easy to understand. If you are not a computer expert you can still feel smart using the POS software.

Price and if you do need to call for help, since it is a QB product support time is usually longer than you want. The support call time can be a problem if you have an issue with the POS system during normal operational hours.

Horacio
Horacio
Product Development Asst. in Honduras
, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great POS system for small business

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I bought the simple version of Quickbooks POS and it had great features for an entry business. No limits on inventory list and great tool for customer loyalty rewarding. For being a simple version, this brings a lot of handy tools to track inventory and awesome sales report.

Very laggy when filled inventory list with 1000+ items. Also, the online feature needed to be on the expensive version, so it didn't offer it like other POS systems do without upgrading.

Arthur
Arthur
CTO in VS
Computersoftware

POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent configuring

Opmerkingen: The intergration with QB Financials

Ease of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.

How inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory

Sonja
Controller in VS

Difficult Program

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Too difficult and creates such unproductivity in the staff when trying to correct sales, inventory, receiving, etc.

Not much. We use QB POS 18.0 and it's really not user friendly for anyone in our company. We went through a sales tax audit and the sales tax auditors refused to deal with POS reports because of it's difficulties.

See above. So much to write. The POS should when integrating with QB Enterprise have the correct sales receipts and journal reference numbers populating correctly but does not. Talking with POS IT people was futile in getting most of the issues resolved. We are looking at getting out of this software and into something else.

Paige
Museum Store Manager in VS
Beeldende kunst, 2-10 werknemers

An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly.
Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased.
I appreciated the compatibility of the technology to be able to automatically print barcodes for our use as opposed to other Mac POS systems, and overall the system was just fine until one day, two days after the largest sale of the year for our company, I went to ring up an item and I found Quick-books had experienced a major glitch and had deleted all the inventory I had added, sold, or updated within the last two weeks. I was devastated. I had input over 2,000 new pieces (individual, one-of-a-kind pieces of art) into Quick-books for our annual holiday sale and then when I tried to secure records for the pieces sold, bought, or input, suddenly the barcodes did not work, there was no record of me having ever entered in all the new works, and I had no sales records for over 100 artists. Luckily my accountant and I, the Store Manager, had already paid out everything that was sold from the large event, but I spent hours inputting the data back in for the remaining pieces. I was confounded and furious and customer service had no answers as to why this had happened. I immediately began researching POS systems that were mobile friendly and that stored my data and records on the Cloud or other web means so that I would never again have to experience lost data. My decision to move from Quick-books was justified when, just a few weeks later, I went to another local business to buy running shoes and the saleswoman apologized for the slow checkout process, noting that overnight her entire inventory had been wiped clean from her POS. I asked what POS she used, and sure enough, Quick-books had done it to again, left someone in the lurch from unexplained dumped data.
For the price and poor customer service and unreliability, I never regretted moving from Quick-Books Point of Sale to another POS system. I now use Shopkeep and I am very happy with it.

Very easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.

Quick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours for me to put the inventory back in and update the records. My sales records for those two weeks were also unaccounted for, and suddenly my sales were down by thousands compared with the last year. I was purchasing running shoes from another local business down the street a few weeks later and the saleswoman was having a field day trying to sell anything as overnight, same as what happened to me, Quick-books had dumped all her inventory and it had to be entered in again.

Kimberly
Co-owner in VS

Minimum expectations not met with QuickBooks POS 18.0

1,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Please save yourself some time/money/stress and a boatload of trouble - DO NOT USE QuickBooksPOS - go with Square, or write your own software. QuickBooks POS is a mess.

I thought it would be easily interfaced with QuickBooks Desktop. I thought it would track inventory and work well with my small business. I thought it would streamline inventory check in and pricing, and sales tax collection. I was wrong.

Literally rife with software quirks. The tax collection turns itself off at will - and the "help" line tells you it's because your software is "corrupt" - which is amazing since it's brand new, and ONLY they have been in it. It was not the "online" software, so how can it be corrupt? Be aware that the system will NOT be up and running efficiently - ever....so when they start charging you by the minute for help calls - after 60 days - they will leave you on hold for hours. I am not exaggerating - HOURS - our routine was .....1. open the shop 2. turn on POS terminal 3. Call quickbooks and spend 2 hours on line while they fix the problem of the day. Often times, it was the same problem from a week ago....Even on the way out, they screw you. so many issues with this software - built on an ancient Excel platform and they have not invested $$ to update it. And every time Microsoft sends an update, your system will crash. And every so often, it will just stop adding sales tax to stuff. And, when it is in the mood, it will freeze up and say "oops, something went wrong" on your screen. And every so often, you will have to re-boot the whole system. And you will have to check in merchandise on the sales floor because in order to check in inventory on a computer in the back room, you have to shut down the front register - and they HAVE PROGRAMMED IN A 15 MINUTE DELAY - before you can open it in the back room (sometimes it's 30 minutes). Fortunately, during this 15 minutes, they have a lovely pop up which is trying to sell you another license so you can use the software in the back room (which the sales agent told you would work, but it doesn't....). They never stop creating issues with the intention of getting you to buy another license......for software that doesn't work. It is an abject, complete disaster. DO NOT DO IT.....Don't buy their POS. It's barely functional.....Understand that I have a better than average understanding of inventory management and excel. I could not make it work. Their support people want to do reach outs and they mess with your firewall settings, and will NOT own up to the fact that the software is intentionally designed to make things difficult unless you keep paying them for additional licenses and spending time on the phone at their per minute charge. We switched to Square and have ZERO complaints. Our ONLY issues experienced with Square are directly tied back to QuickBooks POS issues - the way they have their info set up made the migration/import/export tough. Once we wiped out QBPro POS 18.0 - our lives are now peaceful. One last thing - Square payments arrive overnight - 99.9% of the time - QuickBooks delayed up to 4 days. They are holding your money. It's clearly another tactic - our bank did not change, but our processor did. Way faster and cleaner with Square POS - all around.

Katherine
Treasurer in

Terrible support

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Don't purchase a POS solution where the administration for support takes hours before you can get a support person online. Also, because of turnover at our organization, we have been trying to change the contract person for more than a month. The requirements include a copy of drivers license, copy of bank account, and letter from President !! Really ?? Top that off with contact people who you have no idea where they are located. Administration that insists on calling back 'after hours' for our Eastern time zone and the support turns out to be useless at best. We cannot change the contact person and the actual tech support team members cannot help us out with intermittent issues with the POS freezing up. I would never recommend QB, Intuit, or the POS. AND I have to add that there is no escalation at Intuit, so no one actually cares that there are problems.

Inexpensive POS software, but the tech support and administration is nearly impossible to work with.

POS is general a mission critical function and the support from QB POS is the worst I have ever experienced

jawed
Chief Accountant in
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

For Small & Medium size organisation, its my best experience to opt Quickbooks POS .

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Power full integration in all aspect like if you want to search in any info you have, name of product, UPC, Alternate lookup, serial number, department name, item description, attribute, vender name, mean all possible link are integrated for better search. Add product, customer, vender, department, are very easy as 123. i.e., if you are adding any new product in this process you can add vender, department, in a single click like just put the name of your required field. You can add/ modify inventory, vender, department, UPC, and other all information through a single excel sheet. User friendly add all hardwear tool like barcode scanner, printers, cash draw, touch monitor, tag label printer, through an inbuilt workstation. The reports area is also well organized, which type of report you wants in any way like product, department, vender, customer, best or worst, vise etc is no more problem in quickbook pos.

price is little bit higher than others. in my opinion and my experience there is no any other problem in quickbook pos.

Shelby
Administrator in VS

I feel like less competent than a monkey in a space rocket with this tool - NEED TRAINING!!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

It seems that the ability to really do ANYthing with the software is there, yet without the proper time and training one can use it only to about 10% of its potential. That said, the 10% is better than the old cash register and this has been a very useful tool for getting our business's inventory managed and sales organized.

This is an incredibly complex system that ought to come along with intensive (and free of cost) training. This is not an intuitive software and there are just so many ins and outs and ups and downs that I learn something new everytime I poke around a bit and think: "shoot, I wish I would have known about that three years ago when I got this thing!!!"

Sylvia
Partner in
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more

3,0 7 jaar geleden

many of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.

customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.

CEO in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

POS is a POS

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Painful

Absolutely nothing. It is overpriced and under featured. It does not work as advertised.

It does not function as advertised. Intuit doesn't listen to customer complaints, calls, emails, feedback via the app. It is like talking to the wall. They do not release patches or fixes, ever. Multi-store is absolutely terrible. Like who is going to upload and download files nightly between stores? What century is this? Come on Intuit, fix this POS.

Patrick
IT Technician in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Quickbooks POS customer support is spectacular.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the software is great! The customer service makes up for the lack of explaining certain things during installation. A service rep spent hours on the phone helping repair the problem. She was wonderful. The absolute best customer service I've ever used!

Customer support from Quickbooks POS is by far my favorite thing about this software! Very helpful.

Functionality of this product was a bit hard to work out. Especially in the install process when installing Quickbooks POS Server. Explaining the server and client sides of the software better during installation process would.

Carole
Owner in
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

Too many crashes

3,0 7 jaar geleden

I liked the reports that were set up in the system. I was able to track my business easily with little effort. It was quite easy to learn to operate.

It got to the point that we couldn't trust the inventory numbers anymore. It was spitting out numbers that were questionable based on given facts. We changed to a web based program so we could access it from anywhere.

Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing software for small businesses!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

Thad
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Do not use do not recommend

1,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pretty terrible , Will be moving to a different pos as soon as we can. Support is non existent

None No tech support and after you wait for an hour they don’t speak English and hang up on you

Clunky interface, having to wait over an hour for tech support and then having them hang up on you, having chargebacks and not being able to dispute them even though we had all the information for the card and the owners signature.

dawn
owner in VS

great product

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: makes the use of inventory easy to use

Its very user friendly I have employees that can breeze through it and it makes their life simpler.

Support help is not very good. Whe you call they wont help you right away. I never get anyone that speaks english well enough

Leeann
Admin in VS

Very easy to learn and use

5,0 6 jaar geleden

The ease to learn and how easy it is to customize reports for whatever you need it for. Tracking payments and entering notes is a great function!

I guess my only con would be emailing through QuickBooks doesn't have our company logo or signatures.

Bryon
Marketing in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

It was great for what it was

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Better (it seems) for smaller companies.

This was brilliant. I really like how customizable the software is. For a layman, it was a very easy-to-use platform that was an all-in-one bundle of scheduling tools, customer profile tools, invoicing, ect. Big value.

I really enjoied using this software but it seemed to really bog down as my database grew. I would love to see a faster application.