Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Meer informatie over Shopify POS

63 reviews worden weergegeven

Kaden B.
Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 21-9-2019

"Revolutionized My Business"

Opmerkingen: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pluspunten: I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Minpunten: I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Beoordeeld op 21-9-2019
Scotty H.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pluspunten: What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Minpunten: The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Daniel F.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-6-2017

"I can do the same on Square for FREE"

Pluspunten: Integrates with my Shopify Store (Something Square Cant), great for inventory across online offline, integrates with Epson printers.

Minpunten: PRICE, Shopify POS is expensive and does not require the price tag when compared to the competition. IT has an app store but those apps addon more price to the monthly fees. Also, the Shopify POS's payment terminal doesn't support TAP which is pretty bad. Switched to Square and never going back.

• Beoordeeld op 10-6-2017
Lidia C.
Marketing Manager
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020

"Great Option for Our Business"

Pluspunten: Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Minpunten: The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

• Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020
Jonathon G.
Clerk
  • Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019

"POS is right"

Opmerkingen: Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pluspunten: It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Minpunten: The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

• Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Jennifer J.
Visitor Services Director
Musea en instituten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020

"Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options."

Opmerkingen: It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pluspunten: Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Minpunten: Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020
Silversmith
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019

"Great for my part time side buisness!"

Opmerkingen: As an artist who is still working a full time day job, I love how easy it is to post my items for sale. I normally am trying to fit in when I can during my off hours so the more simple it is, the better for me!

Pluspunten: My favourite thing about this software is how user friendly it is. As someone with limited computer knowledge, I found the set and up upkeep to be very easy.

Minpunten: There isn't much I would change about the Shopify POS but I would like for the page with the list of items to be a little more organized and easier to search.

• Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
James L.
Operations Manager
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019

"Makes selling items at events super easy! "

Opmerkingen: Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pluspunten: I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Minpunten: It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

• Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Aubrey C.
Hygiene Coordinator
Consumentendiensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"Easy to use for small business"

Opmerkingen: Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pluspunten: I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Minpunten: Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Alexa R.
Ecommerce and Marketing
Textiel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-8-2019

"Used for Good Morning America"

Opmerkingen: many users on the site at once and not having to worry about the website crashing

Pluspunten: Easy to navigate in the backend; can handle many users on the website at once; great customer service to reach out to

Minpunten: had to add on an exporter to download orders in a certain fashion - this created errors for our internal team

• Beoordeeld op 19-8-2019
Stephanie M.
Inventory Manager
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018

"Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items"

Pluspunten: When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Minpunten: While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018
Patent Draftsman
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2017

"Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception."

Opmerkingen: It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pluspunten: VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Minpunten: If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2017
Jessica C.
manager
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2018

"love centralizing my POS and website together! "

Opmerkingen: got us more sales!~

Pluspunten: I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Minpunten: I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2018
Brenda C.
manager
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018

"Easy to use"

Pluspunten: I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Minpunten: The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018
Jonathan K.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-10-2018

"Needs some work to become a full featured POS system"

Pluspunten: Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Minpunten: Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

• Beoordeeld op 21-10-2018
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019

"Fantastic POS Software"

Pluspunten: I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Minpunten: This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

• Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019
Lorie T.
Boutique owner
  • Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018

"4 year user "

Opmerkingen: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pluspunten: Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Minpunten: Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018
Marketing Manager
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-3-2019

"Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence "

Pluspunten: I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Minpunten: I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

• Beoordeeld op 2-3-2019
Willoughby P.
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019

"Awesome service for POS"

Opmerkingen: Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pluspunten: Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Minpunten: You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

• Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
National Account Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 19-3-2018

"We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify. "

Opmerkingen: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pluspunten: Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Minpunten: Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

• Beoordeeld op 19-3-2018
Jessi O.
Boutique owner
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

"Satisfied "

Pluspunten: It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Minpunten: We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
Michael S.
Owner/Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2017

"Works Great"

Pluspunten: Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2017
Justin R.
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018

"Easy to use. Powerful."

Opmerkingen: It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pluspunten: Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Minpunten: I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018
Lawrence D.
I.T. Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 5-3-2018

"A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform."

Pluspunten: A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Minpunten: the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.

• Beoordeeld op 5-3-2018
Technical Support Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019

"Best Way to Become an Online Seller"

Opmerkingen: We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pluspunten: Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Minpunten: I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019