Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Nederland Lokaal product

TestGorilla reviews

4,2 (239) Schrijf een review! Nederland Lokaal product

Over TestGorilla

TestGorilla werkt. CV's niet. Screeningtests die zijn ontworpen om moeilijke wervingsbeslissingen sneller, gemakkelijker en zonder vooroordeel te nemen.

Meer informatie over TestGorilla

I like the variety of tests that we have used to hire software developers and data scientists. The platform is easy to use and easily connects to other software (e.g. Zapier) that we are using.

I don't like that you aren't able to view the tests without assigning them to yourself and manually taking them.

Beoordelingen van TestGorilla

3,9
4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,8

TestGorilla heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 239 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je TestGorilla eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (239)

Janelle
Director of Recruiting
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Test Gorilla is exactly what we needed

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Andrey
Andrey
Strategy Analyst in Oekraïne
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

best skills based testing platform

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Development of outsourcing team. Preparations for launch of SaaS product company.

TestGorilla has a vide variety of tests and based on scientifical approach combined with strong practical expertise of TG team. TG reduces your time for screening and preliminary interviewing of employees. Once the test passed you can go to screening of portfolio [technical staff] or references list [management] not using time for more interviews of more you actually need to judge the choice to hire.

Some tests, especially for soft skills have a lot of questions - it splits focus and some can be not clear answered. Technical - needed Prospective June level for rising stars to be choosen cause some programming level tests are hard to pass, it makes reliability but does not help to employer to save costs. There is lack of integration with platforms for remote hire of contractors: UpWork, Glassdoor, Toptal. I wish TestGorilla will cooperate with large institution it make it more popular.

vorig jaar

Hi Andrey! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with our team and with the variety of tests in our library. We are constantly striving for improvement and excellence, and we will happily take your feedback onboard for that. Welcome to the TG community!

elyssa
Product Manager in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

Simple, Useful Software For Candidate Testing

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Its extremely easy to create your own assessments. Good if you have timed questions you need to ask at the beginning of a candidate review before meeting with them note: we did not leverage their pre-made assessments as we were not sold on the questions

Wish there were notifications for when users complete the assessments. It would be nice if integrations didn't 12x the price....

3 jaar geleden

Hi Elyssa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review - it's always helpful to hear what our customers think of our platform. Glad to hear that you found the interface easy to use, and just to let you know - email notifications will be rolled out before the end of this month. We have a really useful section in our help centre where you can see what is being rolled out - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development Welcome to the TestGorilla community!

Ali
CEO in Saoedi-Arabië
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

terrible business practices!

3,0 vorige week Nieuw

ok product, i used it once to test the candidates in my company.

I forgot to disable the auto renew. after a year they charged me 399 USD! I contacted them and they said it is our policy not to cancel!! what a shitty company!

James
Software Development Manager in Canada
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

Essential for remote teams

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We felt TestGorilla helped eliminate candidates we didn't need to persuade and helped identify the right candidates with the help of video responses. We were hoping for more non-cognitive skills assessments -- there were a few test suites that helped a bit, but we found that custom questions helped accomplish our goals better.

I loved that I could add cognitive and non-cognitive testing, and receive a summary of the test results rather than individual question results. This helps eliminate interviewer bias greatly.

I did not like the inability to modify my testing suite after the first interviewer. While I can see how this is interpreted as a feature, I would appreciate the ability to correct mistakes made in the original job posting or test suite composition.

2 jaar geleden

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your detailed review. glad to hear that you are having a positive experience so far with the platform, and are successfully minimizing bias in your screening process. Research has found that multi-measure tests, such as our assessments, are the best predictor of job success, so being able to combine cognitive ability and other non-cognitive tests should help you find the best candidates! Welcome to the TG community :)

Lawrence
Field Manager in Kenia
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

A bit pricey, but worth the cost

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, the TestGorilla platform has the largest library of assessments I have seen. However, the free tier is pretty basic and probably not fit for many users with varying demands. The priced tiers are quite pricey to be honest, and most starting businesses would not be able to afford them.

I liked that we could customize the tests, and create individualized invites or a general link for each assessment. The tests seemed well-calibrated to the specific skillsets we were testing for, and we had the ability to select which assessments to use.

However, the free tier is quite limiting. You only have access to 10 assessments, which is not really much if you need to test for more than a few skillsets. On the free tier, you're also not able to download the results for offsite use. We had to depend on the candidates sending us the PDF of their results.

vorig jaar

Hi Lawrence, many thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We appreciate that our current price points might not be suitable for smaller businesses, so we are currently in process of finalising a new pricing structure that will hopefully address this issue and offer some more affordable paid options for our users. We'd be happy to welcome you back!

Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 51-200 werknemers

Simple, Intuitive Platform for All Pre-Employment Evaluation Needs

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Hiring accounting staff requires both technical skills that can be difficult to test for (e.g. MS Excel skills, US GAAP, basic journal entries, etc.) in a standard interview format. TestGorilla has helped with providing an objective measurement on these skills to ensure we are getting a candidate who can do what their resume claims they can do without having to have a subjective q&a during the verbal interview.

The ability to create a modularized exam to cover different technical and behavioral qualifications through pre-built quizzes. This allows for a better objective review of potential candidates we are considering hiring. I also like the scoring benchmarks for comparing potential candidates.

There are a few technical glitches it seems still in the software with logging into the system, getting passwords reset, etc.

Neeraj
Neeraj
Senior IT Recruiter in India
Werving en selectie, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent service For assessing applicant talent

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have trust in the system's ability to accurately assess the candidates' technical skills. It has a built-in library of 250+ tests as well as the ability to create s customized assessments with a range of questions such as essay, text, and video-based questions.

It is a fantastic and entirely customized tool for assessing candidates. It is a great platform for testing candidates' expertise before hiring them, and we can create tests based on our specifications in a short period of time using numerous modules.

Many of my candidates complain that they did not receive their exam invitation invite, so there should be a resend/ reminder that will be appreciated. there are also no multiple-choice questions.

vorig jaar

Hi Neeraj! thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying using the tool, and are effectively assessing your candidates technical skills using our test library. Our tests are made up of multiple choice questions, and you can also add your own questions to make up an assessment. Welcome to the TG community!

Sovan
Sovan
Talent Acquisition Lead in India
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Liked it!

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software is easy to use and quite efficient

The software is easy to use and quite efficient

Nothing yet, good to use by candidates, can work on interface

3 jaar geleden

Hi Sovan! Thanks a lot for taking time to leave a review. Glad to hear that you are having a positive experience with TestGorilla so far! Hopefully we can help you to make your hiring process even more efficient so you can find some really top talent for your company. Welcome to the TG community

Mosé T.
Mosé T.
Owner in Italië
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Valuable tool to take unbiased decisions while hiring people

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a candidate with average numerical skills. Testgorilla helped me to waste time and interview people without that skill. Moreover, I am submitting the test before doing the first interview. If the candidate is not taking the time to do the test, he is probably not interested in the job position, and I am not wasting my time with him.

There are plenty of tests. It is so easy to submit them to the candidates.

I did not get any notice when candidates ended the tests. Besides most of the time, the test seems to be not ended yet, but in reality, the candidate was done.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks, Mose! Glad TestGorilla helped you avoid wasting time with unqualified candidates. We do have a notification feature for when tests are completed now.

Conrad
Conrad
Human Resources Manager in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Test Gorilla Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good - gives us more confidence in our new hires - new hires we have brought on are performing very well.

Ease of downloading to excel and PDF files.

Testing levels are subjective - Intermediate level people end up doing senior level coding reviews for example. Testing levels should mimic the market. for example Python Coding challenges should have the titles of "Junior" "Intermediate" or "Senior". Also - please add more testing for machine learning and AI applications - this is the future and it's already here:)

Caroline
SAP B1 Consultant in Canada
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers

TestGorills Does Exactly what is promised in the advertisements

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, TestGorilla is a great tool. As an assessment test creator and owner, I have also been challenged by some of the tests provided by TestGorilla.

Test Gorilla is a great over the internet tool that has helped us get the best candidates for the various job opportunities we have had in the recent past through online assessments (screening tests).- I like their numerous numbers of assessment tests that you can choose from. I was able to get the most common and expected screening tests that most employers want to use to get the best candidates. Common tests like Microsoft Excel (both basic and advanced), Microsoft Windows Test, Problem solving tests, numerical reasoning tests, personality tests, etc.- The interface is easy and simple to use. I only needed a single 10-minute video on YouTube to show me around TestGorilla.- As the ‘owner’ of test assessments, you are able to try out and use the premium assessments before giving them out to your potential candidates even before you make a premium purchase. You will only be required to make a payment at the point when you need to share the test to your candidates.- One of my most favorite things about TestGorilla is the anti-cheating efforts they have incorporated into the application to ensure that the assessments are fair for your candidates. Your candidates will take your assessments via their computer in Full-screen mode. If a candidate exits the Full-screen mode, the action will be detected for the owner's review. There is a webcam recording in place to record your candidates throughout the assessment time to ensure that no one is cheating.

I feel like TestGorilla is a bit too expensive for small companies.Also, I wish they could add most tests to their database of tests

6 maanden geleden

Hello Caroline! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us; it's greatly appreciated. We're thrilled to hear that our wide range of assessment tests and user-friendly interface have been instrumental in your hiring process. It's great to know that our anti-cheating measures have added value to your experience. We understand your concerns about pricing for small companies; that's one of the reasons why we recently updated our pricing structure in order to offer pricing solutions to each FTE band. Rest assured, we are constantly working on providing more value and options to businesses of all sizes. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve and grow.

Daniel
CTO in Nederland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Easy to configure, but quality of the coding tests is not great

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

It's easy to create your own test suite, and selecting predefined tests helps with getting started quickly. I also like the as-they-type code view - it helps to get an idea of how the developer constructs a solution - and I appreciate the automated screenshots (to my surprise all the candidates accepted video captures). I also like the logical thinking tests, although there's not really a way to see the users responses (this goes for all the questions).

I found some of the tests to be lacking in quality, sometimes resulting in frustration from the developer, or unhelpful results. For example: * the advanced SQL test is not a realistic scenario, and only has 2 outcomes: success or failure. It makes it hard to get an idea of the developers grasp of the subject, because it's just 1 giant assignment. If you get 90% right, you score 0 points. * the Laravel test does not really test the developers ability to use the framework in real life situations, but rather tests for static knowledge. * I found the PHP tests to be too simple and sometimes just poorly constructed (for example the prefilled function and parameter names are not great) I also created a custom PHP test, but the outcome verification has a bug, which will sometimes accept wrong answers (error status === true). I would have liked to see the users responses to multiple choice questions. Because of the randomness in the questionnaires, you don't know which questions they got. It would be helpful to see if maybe a user got dealt a couple of poor questions (and there are a few). It's a shame that (as a paying customer) this information is not revealed.

Tisha
HR Specialist in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

New User

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Always some room for improvement for every software, however I tested multiple competitors and found TestGorilla to provide the best experience for the assessment taker which was our highest priority.

We choose TestGorilla for it's expansive test library and user experience.

It's fairly new so still developing, looking forward to feature updates in the future.

Jan
HR in VS
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Tests not indicative of performance

3,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We did not plan to renew our subscription as ALL of the people we hired based on it flaked out. However, the renewal reminder that they sent was obscured by other 'salesy' email fluff i.e. announcing that they had been hard at work adding to their test library - a Typing test. Really!! Once I read that I paid it no attention to the rest which included a reminder about the renewal. I did exactly what they hoped I would do - I ignored the renewal notice. When we got hit with the renewal charge I contacted them the VERY next day and they basically said 'too bad'. So I am NOT at all happy with their sneaky " reminder" techniques. (realizing of course that it is always on me to cancel)

I liked their sales person. It was relatively easy to us.

Test only consist of 10 questions which aren't enough on certain topics. Also many of the questions can be answered in multiple ways leading to ambiguous scores. Once you rejected someone their names didn't disappear or go to another section. Just stayed there, presumably forever. So it gets cluttered when you use the same test repeatedly.

6 maanden geleden

Hello Jan, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We'd love to improve your experience with our product, so I really encourage you to get in touch with our Customer Success team; they'll be able to help you make the most of the platform.

Faheem
HR Manager in Zuid-Afrika
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Great Product - Makes assessing candidates a breeze

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: TestGorilla is a brilliant tool that results in huge cost savings in that it offers full scale psychometric assessment functionality without the huge expense of OD or Organisational psychologists to interpret results.

Very easy to use and understand Excellent assessment results presentation and information relevant to the recruiting process

I have yet to identify anything that I like less, this product has added significant value to my role as HR Manager

2 jaar geleden

Hi Faheem! Glad to hear that Testgorilla is helping you in your role as a HR Manager. Also happy to hear that we are helping you to keep costs down while still maintaining a successful hiring process :)

Volker
Vorstand in Duitsland
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Could have been a helpful software if it worked and there was a customer service

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With virtually no existing customer service, a waste of money and effort and a damage to the reputation of the user. Stay away!

I liked the simplicity and the ease-of-use.

The administrator could not add a second email address for the recruiter because the recruiter had previously opened a demo account with TestGorilla. TestGorilla was not able to fix the problem and after a day, did not reply to any service requests by the administrator and the recruiter anymore. So a number of job openings ended up with the recruiter not beeing able to perform his duties and job applicants turned away. Besides, Myers Briggs personality test ("16 types") returned 3 times ESTJ out of 3 candidates. Questionable.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Volker, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your experience. We fully accept that you waited an unusually long period of time for your issue to be resolved. This was a period of increased ticket volumes, for various reasons, and it took us longer than normal to answer. This issue was solved on March 10 for you, 6 days after the ticket was submitted. We wish you the best with your hiring for the future, and hope that TG will be part of the process.

Sue
HR Specialist in Zuid-Afrika
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers

Screening and tracking made easy

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Recruitment used to be soul destroying when having to screen through endless unsuitable CVs for more complex positions. This has made the process much quicker, more effective and resulted in us interviewing more suitable candidates. Candidates get a faster response which also improves their experience.

This platform is a game changer. My favourite features are: The variety of tests, the ability to create specific links for different applicant sources, the automated rejections process and the downloadable excel reports which allow for filtering and sorting data and tracking responses from different advertisements. I love how much time it saves and how easy it is to use.

We have had some minor glitches with the technology periodically but these have been quickly addressed by the support team.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Sue! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We are very glad that we have been able to help you save time in the hiring process. Also happy to hear that candidate experience has been positively impacted as a result of using TestGorilla as well!

Deb
Training and Recruitment Manager in VK
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Recommended!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Feedback from our ATS tells us that integration with TG is straightforward and simple and that was really important to us to have the testing and recruitment tracking all in one place. Communication with TG has been really good and regular.

I really enjoy the simplicity of using Test Gorilla, and the range of features that it offers. There are so many testing options that really support finding the right person for the right role.

Although not currently much of an issue, it may be that for large volume recruitment the tracking page may get very busy to co-ordinate. However that's hypothetical at the moment. There's nothing I don't currently like about TG!

2 jaar geleden

Hi Deb! Thanks a lot for your review; it's always great to hear from customers :) Glad to hear that you have had a positive experience so far with TestGorilla. Indeed the ATS integrations are very simple and intuitive, just like the rest of the platform. Welcome to the TG community!

Ashlee
Office Manager in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Useful but needs improvement

4,0 3 jaar geleden

The ability to customize tests with self selection from the array provided helps the test be more specific to what we need verification of before hiring for a high demand position.

The test options are plentiful but some are confusing, the inability to do more than see 2-3 questions preview makes it hard to know if the test truly matches what you need without taking the test yourself (which should be Free to allow admin to do so and verify the test matches company needs). The timed feature on self made test questions should be more flexible, 2 minutes is unfortunately not enough time for longer test questions with lots of detailed options for slow readers. The inability to change a test after its been sent to an applicant means multiple versions of the same test for the same position now exist and theres no way to "label" it to know which version has which testers, forcing me to open each option and look through the test names to find who im looking for. More tests that are less corporate office and a few more options that match small business needs (such as time management questions which fit more corp settings than small 3 man office).

Brandon
Director in VS
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 51-200 werknemers

Bait and Switch

1,0 2 jaar geleden

I did like the video questions best, watch out for bait and switch. I signed up for a year in May, which they have already changed, and now they change the tiers and features, and video questions are no longer part of the package and now they want me to upgrade to a much more expensive plan that is more the 10x as expensive.

Features of plans change. Watch out for bait and switch. I signed up for a year in May, which they have already changed, and now they change the tiers and features, and video questions are no longer part of the package and now they want me to upgrade to a much more expensive plan that is more the 10x as expensive.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Brandon, sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience with TestGorilla recently. In fact, what happened here is that there were some changes made to improve the platform and change some features. These changes were planned to come into effect at the end of the current subscription, but something happened during the release whereby they took effect immediately. This was quickly rectified, as you can see, and you will retain the features you paid for until the end of your current plan!

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Terrible experience

1,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I used Test Gorilla because I needed an easy and quick tool for the recruitment process. I paid the subscription and started to work with them.Unfortunately, months later, I noticed they charge for every possible assessment added and, moreover, they do not give you any alert for it.Not an email, not an alert during the creation of the assessment. They basically do their best to hide the cost of each assessment.I spent more than €600 because of this "veiled" UX. And you know what? they will not refund anything, for sure :) Terrible experience

The easy way to create an assessment.

Hidden costs.

6 maanden geleden

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review TestGorilla. Some months ago we launched a new pricing structure; now all you get unlimited access to all our tests within your subscription, there are no add-ons of any kind. We're sorry you didn't have a great experience and do recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team for assistance. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tjaša
COO in Slovenië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great price performance, wide test selection

4,0 3 jaar geleden

I really like how customizable it is and the selection of tests it offers. The offering for these types of services for smaller companies, which can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on recruitment is rather limited. TestGorilla gives you the option to objectively compare candidates with one another against criteria that matters most to you.

There were some bugs at some point (months ago), but they responded immediately, corrected the issue, and notified and apologized to the candidates. They also gave back the credits for the analyses in question.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks for the great review! We love to hear that you're getting value out of our growing Test Library. Also happy that support was able to help you with your issue.

Rebecca
HR Manager in Malta
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

A helping hand within the interview process

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a good addition to have together with the interview process as you can actually test the actual capabilities of the candidate which many times are not proved during an interview. With test Gorilla, you can actually test this. Filtering of applications is faster and thus so is the interview process.

The ease of use and the detail of the results plus the flexibility in the choice of tests available when building up the tests which caters for various job titles. You can also compare candidates and thus makes your life easier.

We had an issue where a candidate concluded the test without taking the tests fully and we wanted him to re-take the test, however it did not allow me to resend the same test to the same email address.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks for your feedback, Rebecca! Glad to know TestGorilla is helping you make better hiring decisions! For the issue you mentioned, in the future, you'll just need to delete the candidate from the assessment, and then you can re-invite them to take it again.

Jaime
Consultant in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great assessment software and easy to use

5,0 2 jaar geleden

TestGorilla had a great library of tests of the roles we usually look for.

At first, we didn't like that the questions for each candidate weren't viewable. We later understood that this makes sense in order to minimize the chances of cheating.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Jaime! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review :) Happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience with TG so far! We take cheating very seriously, as do most of our customers,, so it makes sense to us to keep the answers to our rigorously prepared tests private. It means that you are seeing the true measure of your candidates abilities when they take one of our assessments, as you can be sure they are not cheating!

Ed
MD in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Hard to use, not functional, tests are meh

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It wasn't great. I had used Criteria Corp in the past and chose TG since it was less expensive. Given the cost, I had hoped that it would give me 50% of the ease and functionality and reporting that I got from CC. In the end, I found that I got less than 10% of those attributes. It was a disappointment.

It was cheaper than other options. I thought that they would have good tests.

It was hard to use, the tests were ok.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Ed, Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't think that TestGorilla was a good alternative to Criteria Corp. We have 3 paid plans, and we believe each of them offer great, competitive value, when compared to other similar platforms. We also have over 200 unique, expertly created tests in our Test Library. That said, I would love to hear directly from you, on what you believe we can improve. Please feel free to reach out to me at the email provided.