Gemiddelde scores

4,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,5 /5

Over Gmail

Cloudgebaseerde oplossing waarmee bedrijven e-mails over meerdere gebruikersaccounts kunnen verzenden, ontvangen, organiseren, vertalen en plannen.

Meer informatie over Gmail

4.759 reviews worden weergegeven

Daniel W.
Strategic Partnerships
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-3-2021

"Gmail: A Solid Email Service"

Opmerkingen: Gmail is one of the best email services on the market and it is incredibly popular. Although Gmail is already very powerful for personal use, for businesses, Google Workspace may be more suitable, as it has appealing features like 30 GB of cloud storage, custom email addresses and video conferencing for up to 100 people. All this for $6 per month, per user. You can even get an even more premium version for $18 per month. Even, with all these pricing differences the free version of gmail has essentially the same features as the paid plans, which I really like.

Pluspunten: To begin with, smart compose is an exceptionally well made feature that speeds up email composition greatly. They are tailored to each person’s personal writing style and for me, smart compose provides helpful suggestions that I often use. Furthermore, it is possible to personalise this feature even more in Gmail settings. There is also a nifty feature called nudges which show up on the top of your inbox to remind you to reply to an email, or follow up on an email. This really helps me stay on top of my emails and to not forget to reply to emails. Gmail also has powerful integration with other Google applications such as Keep, Hangouts and Meet. This keeps my work all in one place which is very convenient. I can even reply to emails from Google Docs! Finally, I truly appreciate that Gmail is very good at blocking spam and dangerous scam emails. I have received virtually no spam email and when I check my spam folder I can see countless emails that have been filtered. It is also much easier to mute/unsubscribe from an email on gmail compared to other email services such as Outlook.

Minpunten: For some people, using the Google workplace is less appealing than competitors like Office 365, and so applications like Outlook may be more suitable for these people. There are also some privacy concerns, as Google takes note of what messages you open, what you send to spam etc. , for targeted advertising. Overall, these tradeoffs are worth it for me and I continue to use Gmail after many years.

• Beoordeeld op 28-3-2021
Takara H.
Freelancer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-3-2021

"Gmail Review"

Opmerkingen: I have used Gmail for over ten years and still have my original account. What can I say- I just love it! It is one of the few things I have not upgraded from, instead, It has adapted to the ever-changing world of technology. In my many years of using this email for work, school, and personal- I am still impressed and fascinated with all they continue to do to improve it for our benefit. They (Gmail Team) do help and care for their customers (us) I have experienced issues that were taken care of fast and effectively- almost to my amazement sometimes. Nothing is perfect but Gmail is practically flawless in that respect. I would definitely recommend it to a friend but they are probably already enjoying it as well.

Pluspunten: Gmail is one of my favorite and most used email servers for business and personal use. Its interface is easy simple to use, widely accepted and from my experience- Safe. Gmail and google services have made integration remarkably simple at this point. Moving files, exchanging calendars, sharing data and photos, starting/closing emails, etc. I have been using Gmail for over 10 years and it has a lot of space and the price is outstanding–Free. I have observed over the years numerous email-server companies fail by offering way less in features and protection than Gmail for a “low” monthly fee. I am a witness to the growth and simplicity of its platform. In my top 5 emails for everyday uses.

Minpunten: There are not very many things I do not like about this email but over the years here are a couple of things I have noticed that do bother and/or concern me. Privacy and Data Collection- Adwords are everywhere- and the reason is because of the information they are fetching from the first time you use any Google product. I am not an expert on this but I’m pretty sure if when I make purchases online- For example, I purchased “flour” - then I start seeing “flour” ads in my email or home screen or search results for something non-related- I used to think it was a coincidence until I read up about the privacy guideline of the said “free” cost. So that being said- With business concerns- to start out it is great for getting your feet wet. But with all the data privacy breaches and leaks- better off keeping sensitive/private data to a different type of email server. My second peeve is that you can back up or download your email and at any given moment, similar to bitcoin, google servers could crash and there’s nothing you could do about it. There is no backing up unless you are making paper copies of emails and pertinent data. So, I found it unreliable in the sense of organization and using it as a real business email. The day-to-day tasks are a breeze – but the idea of losing business-related data – would keep any responsible adult up at night. That's where the encrypted email servers win.

• Beoordeeld op 31-3-2021
Wilfried K.
Freelancer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021

"Gmail Review"

Opmerkingen: It is rather simple, the fact that I have been using it for over 7 years now is one of the evidences that it does quite well his job. So, a part from the little cons I mentioned, it is a great application.

Pluspunten: The Gmail software is a straightforward application for sending and receiving mails, communicate with other people with an interface that is very much simple. It's also one of the most used applications all over the world. In fact, for business matters or to send a message to a higher company or administration, you might want to use Gmail to text. So, it comes into the line of one of the most important and indispensable mean to professional exchanges. What I would call the "Gmail dashboard" with the three options which are : Primary, Social and Promotions are well set for a better detachment of the e-mails we received.

Minpunten: Like all other software products, there are certain things to improve about Gmail for a better use. First point, let the user organise his mails so he can decide what kind of email is important to him and set it in the important folder.
Second point, when using Gmail online with the computer, whenever I read a message, it is not marked as "already read". I mean when you haven't read the message yet, it is in bold and after reading it, it should no longer be in bold so you can recognise you have already read such a mail, but it's not the case and it's very difficult to get over it.
Last and final point, a part from the "meet" service, it would be better to have the possibility to have voice or video calls with our exchange partners.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021
Nate B.
Digital Marketer
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-4-2021

"Best free email software available"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Gmail provides the best features and functionality over every other email application/service I've used. If it has good competitors, I either haven't found them or they cost money.

Pluspunten: Gmail has been my go-to email for about 15 years now and I've been looking for replacements. It has more advanced functionality like search operators while not feeling bloated and unnecessary like Outlook. One of the best features Gmail provides is the ability to attach large documents thanks to their incorporating of Google Drive. It does mean that your file is now "on the internet" but the convenience of this is tremendous. No more 20MB file size limitations from nearly every other platform.

Minpunten: There are two things that stand out to me that Gmail could potentially improve upon. I prefer my email to be a stand-alone app and not restricted to a browser tab. Email is important enough in my day-to-day that a notification in my taskbar when I receive a new email is exceptionally helpful. I've attempted to use other email applications to sync with my Gmail but their features aren't as strong (seriously guys, search operators). Another potential annoyance is email threading... which comes with pros and cons. The feature can be turned off in settings which is nice but I do wish Gmail dealt with threading better. If I'm in an email chain and go back to respond to email 4 out of 7, my reply is tacked on as email 8 rather than a separate thread entirely. Then if somebody replies to email 7 it's tacked on at the bottom as email 9... it becomes a mess. Some sort of feature of splitting threads would be helpful.

• Beoordeeld op 16-4-2021
Fabian R.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

"A good choice for everyday life"

Opmerkingen: We always use Gmail in the company when we send private messages with files or when we synchronize our appointments.
The good thing for me is simply to use the saved signature. Gmail also has a large storage tolerance.

Pluspunten: Here is my opinion on Gmail.
I have been using this e-mail provider several times a day and as my main e-mail address for 14 years.
I think this email provider has all the functions I need in everyday life.
I can send emails quickly, whether with a laptop or my smartphone. The app and the Gmail provider allow me to access it from anywhere and simply offer me the opportunity to be flexible.
What also excites me is that when I access another device I am notified immediately whether I am the user or someone else.
If you look at the user interface it is very well sorted and has all the functions I need.
I can save a signature or attach a file with just one click.
The emails are also sorted into important advertising or social networks right at the inbox, which makes it easier to have an overview.
I also use the function of receiving reminder emails for appointments, which is very practical and helps me to remember appointments.
I would always prefer this provider for its simplicity and features.
Gmail also has a large storage tolerance.

Minpunten: One of the negative aspects of Gmail is that it shares data with Youtube. Furthermore, I find it very difficult if you want to delete an email address. I had to remember the password from 15 years ago to log in and then delete my account, there was no backup email address.

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021
Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Site Engineer
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

"My First and favorite Email Provider, Professional works makes easier."

Opmerkingen: From the beginning of professional career , i was using Gmail as my primary email for personal & professional use. Unlike other email provider Gmail simplified emailing, protect my valuable data. Continuously they update their security measure. That makes our life easier. Besides we can use Google related product by owning single Gmail account.

Pluspunten: User friendly interface, easier integration with 3rd party software , makes our job easier. In general, Gmail has simplified Emailing, With so many other applications available inside the Google universe, it makes sense to use Gmail in order to take advantage of all of those other apps. Sending and receiving email is easier than other similar platform. I can use filter and get my desired data. They continuously updated their support and security system.

Minpunten: I did not find that major kind of cons for Gmail, But the disadvantages of this app include the difficulty in locating items such as the garbage, and after a while, I was unable to send or receive any additional emails.

Life Coach & Trainer
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use"

Opmerkingen: I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pluspunten: I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread. This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back. I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam. Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Minpunten: When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

Kyle H.
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"Why gmail became my preferred email account"

Opmerkingen: My experience has been amazing as Gmail has provided me with an integrated workspace which increases my productivity. Gmail is in my opinion the leader of the pack.

Pluspunten: As email is my main channel for communicating with business associates and clients, gmail provides me with all the tools and features I need to stay organized and be productive. My gmail calendar allows me to keep track of my appointments which is essential for me as I have multiple engagements daily. Other features that I use are google keep, hangouts and meetings. I love the fact that the interface can be customized to fit my personality while displaying all the features conveniently on the screen. My Gmail experience has been wonderful thus far as it provides useful features on a very user friendly interface.

Minpunten: As simplicity and user friendliness are the two most important elements to me, I am pleased with what Gmail offers. I am just excited to see what feature gets added next.

Mike F.
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

"The King of The Email Castle"

Opmerkingen: My typical day-to-day business does not include sharing of any personal, private or confidential data, so using Gmail to manage my personal and business email accounts allows me to save time and money, keeping all of my correspondence under one roof. I love being able to change the theme and customize display panel so it's useful and effective for my needs.

Pluspunten: Gmail is so easy to use, customize, and organize your inbox. I have segmented all of my correspondence by type, along with folders and subfolders to further organize and keep track of every facet of life. Additionally, it's compatible with a variety of tools, widgets and apps that limitlessly expand it's potential uses. I've been using gmail for years now, and I'll never switch.

Minpunten: There are well documented concerns about Gmail's security. As with many free, open source platforms, you are assuming additional risk that the content and protection of the information your are sending/receiving, are at a significantly higher risk than other paid platforms. I also don't like how I often run out of storage, and need to purchase more.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021
Abbas K.
Geologist
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2021

"Gmail. A complete workplace, rather than just an Email."

Opmerkingen: Gmail with all its drawbacks has became an integral part of my life, whether I have to send or receive an email, saving a contact or accessing a stored file in Drive. I just have to remember my Email and password to access a lot of things, which is a luxury that at this time no other company provide.

Pluspunten: Gmail gives you a lot of space to store your mails with heavy attachments, but that is something now days many other companies also provide. What makes Gmail unique is its multirole application. Gmail is required to operate your android, access play store, save contacts in Google Contacts, save and access your google docs, spreadsheet, Google Drive, etc or to make and access your personalized callender, and to retrieve all these on any device just by logging into your Gmail Id.

Minpunten: The major drawabck is that it collect and store alot of data about a person from associated apps like Google Maps, youtube and search.

Sandeep T.
Diergeneeskunde, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021

"Mailing with ease"

Opmerkingen: The experience with Gmail is nice with no regrets. Its so good and handy when it comes to sending and receiving mails. I had been using Gmail for more than 10 years and its the reason why I like Gmail so much as it easy, safe and accurate way for mailing.

Pluspunten: This software Gmail is the most popular Mailing Software till date. It allows us to send or receive files from person to person. It privacy maintenance is too good as it keeps the mails in spam if the sender is risky or doubtful. Not only this Gmail account is the most valued account all over internet as it can be used t sign up new pages or sites in order to keep in contact. When we unknowingly close the software the things we never saved goes to draft automatically which is the most useful function. And there is no limitation for the mails to receive and send.

Minpunten: The most disliked part of this software is that only 25 MB is sendable which is sometimes inconvievent to send multiple photos and pdf of large books so had to download compressor apps for that. The other thing that I don't like about it is that sometimes the file received takes too long to open and becomes flustrating.

• Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021
Miss R.
Full-Time Student
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-5-2021

"Best Software"

Opmerkingen: I love Gmail and would recommend it to everyone. It is the best email service I personally have ever used and helps me stay organized and productive.

Pluspunten: I absolutely love Gmail. I have been using it for over a decade now and it is clear that Gmail takes leaps and bounds for customer satisfaction. Sending and receiving emails is made easier with Gmail. The friendly user interface increases my productivity greatly. Gmail also has great organization tools, allowing users to star and filter messages based on their needs. With the options to sort my emails easily and automatically filter spam mail, I can work more efficiently and save myself the hassle of manually having to check every single email to find the ones I am looking for. Using Gmail also opens up opportunities to use much other software by Google, which of course is amazing because it saves users money on other software they may need. One of my favorite features of Gmail is definitely the schedule send option. I appreciate the ability to be able to write up and email late at night and have it send automatically during working hours.

Minpunten: There are few cons about this software however one concern I would like to bring up is the less than satisfactory customer service. It takes days to get an answer from google if any problem arises with Gmail. This is really not efficient considering that I use Gmail every single day for work, school, and my personal needs.

• Beoordeeld op 21-5-2021
Shaunte H.
Owner/NailTech
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021

"Gmail is the BEST!!!"

Opmerkingen: I use Gmail for personal as well as business-related correspondences.

Pluspunten: Easiest email service provider there is. I have switch back to Gmail from Outlook, Yahoo, and many other providers.

Minpunten: Love Gmail so I really honestly have nothing much to say that is bad. I've gotta play with the message filters a bit more to control my spam emails a bit better.

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021
Alhassan A.
Research Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2021

"Having a fully functional gmail account is like having your own personal assistant"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Gmail has been truly wonderful. Without gmail's full range of options and functions, I would most likely be spending an additional 1 or 2 hours every day finishing my administrative duties. It has therefore been like having my own personal administrative assistant.

Pluspunten: My favorite from the long list of features I love about this software are the filtering and sorting options available. One of my roles as systems administrator has my inbox flooded with upwards of 100 mails daily -- with most not requiring any response or action on my part. But the ones that needed my response kept getting lost in the vast jungle of messages. After I discovered the full range of sorting and filtering options available, we were able to develop a very effective system that always kept the most important messages separated at the top from the remaining ones not requiring any action.

Minpunten: The process of sending mails via google groups can be vastly improved and made much more user friendly. I also think the hangouts feature can see better integration with other messenger and direct messaging software that are probably more commonly used.

• Beoordeeld op 11-6-2021
Qamar A.
Marketing Specialist
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2021

"Gmail is a tremendous tool for email management"

Opmerkingen: It's a fabulous journey of my profession that I am enjoying with Gmail's exceptional services. It's a wonderful experience to be a part of this astonishing software, making my professional career more contented. I recommend this software to everyone.

Pluspunten: I have been using Gmail for more than five years, and it's a matter of satisfaction for me to review this amazing tool, which always made email management easier for me. Moreover, its integration with other Microsoft tools is awesome, which makes my time management too easy. There is no need to have a hard copy backup for my official emails, as Gmail provides this facility to create folders to classify your incoming emails. Its management is easy and user-friendly. It's a complete package of essential features, which everyone requires for official interaction.
Moreover, Gmail has a very comprehensive user guideline procedure that enables users to sort out the issues they don't understand. It works fast and does not slow down your device's speed. It's a better decision to have a Gmail account for individual and official commitments.

Minpunten: Getting too many promotional emails and advertisement is annoying for me as it always divert my attention away from my office commitments. I am happy with the rest of all Gmail features.

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2021
Anamta F.
Student
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2021

"Gmail, a name to Connect."

Opmerkingen: I love to use Gmail because of its features and friendly environment.

Pluspunten: Gmail is the most useful software I found when I entered university and in my professional life. It is a way to connect professionally with people. There are other communication devices but the most professional is Gmail. Above simple connections, it is a way to connect with unknown peoples for the sake of promotions as usually when we log in to the website we get a confirmation mail on Gmail and other notifications are sent to our Gmail id to let us know the changes around the world. It has so many features. It enables us to send even heavy files which can not be sent directly because of file size. One key benefit that Gmail provides is its large storage space which enables you to store as much data as you can. There is no need to delete previous emails to accommodate new mails. It provides around 25 GB of space which is more than enough. Another thing is as it is linked with the internet so you can access it anywhere just you need is an internet connection and a device to log in and you can easily check, end, receive emails irrespective of the place where you are. You can track your mails either the recipient has read them or not as we do in WhatsApp and Facebook. Also, it gives you access to change the setting according to your desire it could be privacy, security, or even you can increase or decrease the time of undo which I found very relative to me and I tweaked the settings according to my desires.

Minpunten: As Gmail has been used by millions of people so now it's difficult to get your desired user name. You have to select the closest matched username of your desire which is available but it does not make any mess, one can go with the provided username as the work does not depend upon the username, and when we look for some exciting features so we have to sacrifice something but in return, we are getting exciting features of Gmail so good to go.

• Beoordeeld op 27-6-2021
Sheikh sakib ishrak S.
Associate Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021

"Reliable email service"

Opmerkingen: For a google workspace user, Gmail can be the best fit for the email service of choice. But also in general, Gmail has been the most reliable widely used email service and is packed with all basic functionalities.

Pluspunten: The spam protection works well. Attachments are scanned for security reasons, which takes away some worries. Free users will have enough cloud storage for the basic needs. Gmail has proper integration with all other google and workspace products. Together they allow a high degree of productivity and fluid transition among each other.

Minpunten: Mobile client lacks many features, including saved digital signatures, themes, auto custom response, and shortcuts. Desktop clients for all platforms would be appreciated. Customer support is subpar. Continuous replies in a mail thread can sometimes look messy. Email categorizing system can be improved.

• Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021
Pallima P.
Freelance Artist
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Pros & Cons of Gmail"

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Gmail is great. It's a very time-saving communication tool.

Pluspunten: It is one of the most simple email program. I am using this from my student life to my corporate life, and still, now I am having a great time using Gmail to do my work and sync some of my data together in one account. Since the categories of mails are divided so I don't have to look for every advertisement email. This is also a very useful tool to communicate with other people while keeping the previous transaction and chat record. It helps me a lot to communicate with my customers and sending them a quick reply. Easy to use from laptop and mobile both.

Minpunten: Gmail need to upgrade and widen their free online storage limit. The account delete option from mobile should need to be upgraded. I couldn't delete my mail account from my mobile phone without any trace. After deleting the account it still shows my inbox emails. The hardest thing to use in this application is to change the mail settings. Sometimes Gmail caught important mails as spam as a result I had to face a hard time finding specific emails.

Kristie K.
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2021

"Best Platform for Email Usage"

Opmerkingen: Overall, gmail has been my favorite form of software to use to send and receive email messages. I like using gmail because it is free and helps me store a lot of information all at once. The Google drive feature is great because I don’t have to worry about my files getting depleted on a flash drive. I can always go back to my Google drive to retrieve files that weren’t able to be stored properly.

Pluspunten: I like using gmail because it keeps my information protected. I was introduced to gmail in college at NC State and I was told that it was free to use. At the time, yahoo was the main form of email but gmail was a better fit for me. I can send messages easily and the email is sent back if I email the wrong user. I can choose my username and attach files. If the files are too large then I have an option to do Google drive. Google drive is another feature I use a lot and like from the software.

Minpunten: I don’t like the spam messages I get. Gmail sometimes think my important emails are spam because they don’t look appropriate. It sometimes keeps me from seeing the important mail from the non important mail. I don’t like when my Google drive space is almost used up and I’m given another message to upgrade my storage.

Nabila B.
Human Resources Manager
Vermogensbeheer, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

"Gmail is my primary platform for managing email"

Opmerkingen: Gmail has facilitated my communication with my bank, work prospects, and college scholarship opportunities. This has been my primary point of touch in my professional life. Without it, I just couldn't work.

Pluspunten: Gmail has been a tremendous support to me. I've been using this kind of email ever since the beginning of my internship, and I've never looked back. The format is simple to use, and customer service is quick to respond and helpful. The software is simple, easy and intuitive to use, with several solutions to satisfy a wide range of collaboration requirements. Many other organizations have Gmail as well, but contact shouldn't have to be "tricked" to work with anyone. I highly recommend this email platform.

Minpunten: While this is a fantastic forum, I wish there was a way to add message updates to specific emails that I consider essential. I'm not too fond of the fact that so many valuable emails end up in the spam folder. Some functionality is at the company's discretion as to whether or not they can continue to sell them, whether you want them or not. As a result of the lack of data protection, you'll be bombarded with advertising email that are specifically targeted at you.

• Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021
Nadir S.
College House Dean
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-6-2021

"Best Web-Based Email Client"

Opmerkingen: I have loved Gmail overall. It is well-integrated into the Google collaboration suite (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.). The service has excellent security features, great spam detection, and is free to use, as long as you are willing to see some fairly non-obtrusive ads.

Pluspunten: The best feature of Gmail is undoubtedly the search. Google-powered search results inside your inbox add a ton of value. I use Gmail for personal use, used it as a student, and have purchased it for our family's non-profit. My current employer uses Outlook and O365. If you want to look for anything - an attachment, an email with a particular subject, you are all set in Gmail. In Outlook - good luck finding anything. And it will give you the garbage results after a significant wait.
Gmail can also keep you organized if you allow integration with Google's assistant and other services (calendar, meet, voice, etc).

Minpunten: This is not really a con, but it's not Gmail's strength: the service is not meant for use offline. You can add it to Outlook, but you'll lose most of it's online features. Online, you don't get things like mail-merge, or... as it may be obvious, offline access to your messages. I am almost always online, and my recent messages are downloaded to the mobile client.

• Beoordeeld op 1-6-2021
Mohammed S.
Field Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2021

"the new analytics features have informed and transformed our communication habits"

Opmerkingen: Gmail has worked very well for me, both in my personal communications and professional. The way it easily integrates with my google maps and calendar make scheduling appointments and sending out location and task details with my field agents very easy. And even though I don't use the chat feature often, it works excellently every time I have the need for it.

Pluspunten: My favorite feature has been the analytics and reports component. During our online and email survey periods, this feature feeds us with all the data we need to shuffle our contact agents and ensure that the most productive ones are kept active. The sentence auto-complete and suggestion feature also improves our efficiency and output rates considerably for communications with clients making similar queries.

Minpunten: The 'settings' icon for your gmail when it's open can be merged with that of the general google account 'settings'. I usually get confused by which one is meant for which component. Also, the menu needs to be better optimized for easier access to certain prominent elements that are currently collapsed under other more general categories.

• Beoordeeld op 1-7-2021
Christopher W.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

"No other alternatives for our business"

Opmerkingen: We didn't really want to use Gmail but there are very few alternatives for our business. We use Google Workspace for our company so unfortunately we are king of stuck with Gmail rather than choosing it ourselves. This is mainly due to the fact we we already pay for Gmail storage.

Pluspunten: Integrating our customised business email addresses into Gmail is probably the most useful feature Gmail provides.

Minpunten: From the start of using Gmail for our business email addresses we constantly get a "something is wrong" alert on our accounts. Formatting doesn't work when cut and pasting other fonts or colours, and the general experience of Gmail is, well, clunky, if that's the word. While it offers lots of custom features it is hard to find out how to use them as the support is just a Google Forum, therefore spending far too long trying to find the right answer. Finally the limit to file size attachments is frustrating. As a media company I send large attachments and after surpassing the 25mb limit a link is then provided to the other remailing attachments. I'm then going back and reducing file sizes as it doesn't look professional in my opinion.

Mark senyo A.
Head of Department
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2021

"makes you twice more efficient at communication, and tracking important updates"

Opmerkingen: Gmail has helped me a whole lot. With it's integration with google calendar, I am able to keep a tab on important events and quickly send out mails if I need to. This has been particularly helpful in overseeing timelines with my teams.

Pluspunten: I like that it has a lot of varied options for customizing my inbox and the appearance or order of my inbox. From choosing which emails should appear at the top to the options for categorizing emails, gmail's custom options help make me and my team very efficient. When it comes to specific features, the conversation view has been one of my favorite ones. Allowing me to easily read through and catch up on updates I might have missed while I was away.

Minpunten: The very efficient integration across Google's other services can be inconvenient. Sometimes, when I sign visit youtube and Google Search Engine website with my official work gmail account open, it automatically logs me in on the work account and saves my querries and web history under it; which can be problematic. I would prefer if I were prompted when i visit these other affiliated websites to choose which of my accounts I wanted to access it under.

• Beoordeeld op 28-6-2021
Selena D.
Server/Bartender/assistant manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 9-1-2021

"Gmail works for me"

Opmerkingen: I use my Gmail account to make phone calls, send and receive emails and attachment I love it. I never miss an email. I am completely confident that when I send my emails or attachments that they will be received immediately. I love the Hangout option that is available with Gmail, I use that often as well. My overall experience has been a good one with Gmail and I don't plan on using any other email apps in the near future. Gmail is the easiest app to use for communicating and grouping chats and emails. It is easy to forward attachments as well.

Pluspunten: Gmail is so easy to use. I love the extra features that Yahoo does not offer, like phone calls and hangout.
When I finally discovered Gmail I deleted my Yahoo account. I like all the extra features on my Gmail account. I like the Hangout the most. I I use it for group video chats mostly for work. I have never had a delay or problem with the video chat. I even like it better than the Zoom app. Overall Gmail is the best email option for me. I check my email at least once a day and I use Hangout at least once a week. For that reason I encourage people to use Gmail for the opportunity for free communication. There is another advantage for Gmail which has helped me greatly. Gmail saves your information so it makes it easier to change cell phones, so very helpful.

Minpunten: I feel there are no cons with Gmail. At least not for me. I have been using it for over 5 years and have not even found a glitch. The way it is set up is much sleeker and neater than the Yahoo in witch I was using over 8 years. I do not really have any complaints I am a huge fan of Gmail. I did have to try multiple time to create my user name so I ended up using a suggested user name, it took me a while to get accustom to that so that is my one complaint about Gmail. As I stated before I have been using Gmail for years and haven't had any problems with it. I use my Gmail account daily so I haven't had to dealing with the disadvantage that people see if your Gmail is not as active, it will be shut down on you.

• Bron: GetApp