Over Visio

Microsoft Visio is een innovatieve diagramoplossing die helpt bij het visualiseren van gegevensgestuurde bedrijfsprocesstromen en meer.

Meer informatie over Visio

It comes with various set of tools , seamless collaboration with other tools. It also comes with 30 day free trial for those who just want to get a feel of it before investing in the product.

Sometimes working with connectors can be a pain. They seem to have a mind of their own sometimes.

Beoordelingen van Visio

Waar voor je geld

Visio heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.790 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Visio eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.790)

Himanshu
Himanshu
Sr. Quality Analyst
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Powerful tool with huge template content

5,0 5 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Gert
senior inspecteur LS in Nederland
Wetshandhaving, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Fijne software

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Snel, gemakkelijk te implementeren. Presenteren gaat soepel.

ik heb tot op heden nog geen hele grote nadelen kunnen ontdekken.

Richard
Richard
Implementation Service Delivery Manager in VK
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Brilliant tool

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I really like the software, I use it to map out processes and workflows to build an understanding of how they work. It also helps me design my own processes.

I love the ease of use and the drag and drop of graphics. You can create effective diagrams really quickly and easily.

I'd like to see some help / info icons beside some of the icon sets. If like me you are new to the software, having a brief description of the icon use would be great.

Jeremie
Director of Engineering and Construction in Canada
Nutsbedrijven, 501-1.000 werknemers

A Comprehensive Review of Microsoft Visio

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Microsoft Visio is a great tool for businesses that need an easy-to-use and powerful diagramming tool. It offers a wide range of features and tools that can help users create professional-looking diagrams quickly. The learning curve can be steep, but once mastered, the tool can be invaluable to any business.

Microsoft Visio is a powerful and easy-to-use diagramming tool that allows users to create professional-looking diagrams in minutes. It offers a wide range of features and tools to help users visualize their ideas in a creative and meaningful way. It is also highly customizable and allows users to quickly create diagrams for various business processes, making it an invaluable tool for any business.

Microsoft Visio does come with a steep learning curve that can make it difficult for novice users to quickly learn how to use the tool. Additionally, some of the features and tools can be confusing to use and may require additional research and practice to master.

Mohammad
Software Engineer in Canada
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

One The best Diagram Tools out there.

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using this software for more than 5 years and the best thing about it is part of the Microsoft family the workflow of the Microsoft product is almost similar and I am pretty much ok with that and it doesn't affect the work I do with good software for my company.

I Like Visio's adaptability! It differs from other software because of its capacity to efficiently organize, visualize, and layout complicated projects. With its many templates and shapes, I can enrich my presentation with specific drawings or papers while using underlying data points comparable to excel to properly map out our project goals - repeatedly demonstrating why this is such a crucial tool in today's business portfolio! By dividing difficult tasks into simpler ones and providing a range of comprehension levels for these graphics, this makes planning more approachable.

Since purchasing Visio, Microsoft has made some really annoying adjustments. Instead of being easily adjustable by default, features like automated snap-to-route and object are significantly slower and heavier than it ever was. Additionally, instead of obeying the rules you specify, the connectors try to guess what you want, which makes workflow far more laborious than it has to be.

Oğuz
Game Designer in Sri Lanka
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers

Visio: A Comprehensive Diagramming Tool for Professional Use

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, Visio is an excellent diagramming tool for professional use. It is powerful, easy to use, and has a large library of templates and shapes that make creating diagrams and flowcharts easy and fast.

Visio is a comprehensive and powerful diagramming software that is suitable for professional use. It is a great tool for making complex diagrams and flowcharts quickly and effectively. It also has a large library of templates and shapes that make it easier to create visually appealing diagrams quickly and easily.

While Visio is a powerful and comprehensive tool, it can be expensive and difficult to get started with. It also requires a certain level of technical skill to use the more advanced features.

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager. IPMA® PMP in Panama
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Visio, a complete and versatile tool for the graphic representation of processes.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Without a doubt, Visio has remained a reference tool in process diagramming for service companies, manufacturing, and in general, for all those organizations that need to represent their operation in diagrams based on standard rules. Since it maintains the concept of design and use of most of the tools developed by Microsoft, we do not need to invest a lot of time and effort in the adoption of the platform.

The use of the tool is quite simple and it is very easy to become familiar with its way of diagramming. The editor is extremely complete and there are multiple templates that we can use or adapt to our needs. The integration with other office tools allows us to incorporate our diagrams into text documents, presentations and share our designs with the rest of the organization.

It is an excellent diagramming platform, which has been maintained over time, incorporating innovative integrations with more recent and collaborative applications, which allows it to ensure its validity for much longer.

Andualem
researcher in Taiwan
Nanotechnologie, 10.000+ werknemers

Despite its silly limits, I think Visio is the greatest choice for everyone.

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've been using this software for about two years for a variety of tasks to arrange my work before the commencement of a task or even throughout the progress of the project, and it gives me a very simple drag-and-drop layout.

This software stimulates my creativity, makes my job really straightforward, and makes it easy for me to do my responsibilities. I prefer it for my work over other similar apps I've ever encountered, and I wish that everyone could use it.

Has a few minor feature improvements that need to be made in order to be universally compatible.

Senior Systems Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Easy to use for IVR Design & Flow chart

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Nearly 1.6 years of experience with Visio. Majorly used for IVR design & flow charts.

Most of the shapes are default available. It's like drag and drop method and connection is also easy. Supporting to add notes, text, pictures, and comments. off-page reference is also supported. export as PDF or Visio.

Sometimes connecting two shapes will be more difficult.

CIO in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

It was a great solution but today is a bit obsolete

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It helps me a lot with the network diagrams and the org charts.

For me, the most useful functionalities are the network diagram and the org chart. Both of them are great, very useful.You can add devices to the library in order to draw a very professional network diagrams

There are other solutions that optimizes the layout and the connection links and with Visio you have the resize everithing and the connections are a nightmire when your diagram/map/chart is more sophisticated.

Cloud Engineer in Paraguay
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Visio is an amazing tool for getting ideas from brainstorming to paper

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I like Visio, I use it often after meetings, and brainstorming sessions, it is not cheap but better than the online versions.

Is easy to use, and you need no manuals in order to make it work great, if you look around a bit you can get to do amazing stuff quickly.

There is not "QA" on templates, you can import anything and Visio will try to make it work, which sometimes is great and sometimes is very bad.

Data assistant in Burkina Faso
Landbouw, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Visio ease use

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I just like the easiest use of this product

This software is very useful for me but sometimes it bugg

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazilië
Bankwezen, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A great product to visualize process, organizations and information.

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We have developed a series of structures, visual solutions and solutions for our procedures and business hierarchies.

This tool is very easy to use, many features are pretty intuitive, there are countless techniques and procedures, looks like it was built to modeling structures, you can easily export it to a PDF format, and there is a vast library of icons and elements.

The main problem with this tool is that the license can be expensive if you are a small company, you cannot share your work to be edited if the other part / customer does not have a Visio license, not included in the suite of Microsoft Office, if you have a very detail or heavy drawing it may crash, and there is no version for MacOs.

Bed Prakash
Engineer in Nepal
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best design and drawing tools for all Business

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I am using Visio from my college. I use Visio on my every projects and assignments that required design and drawing. My first preference is Visio and if visio unable to complete my requirements then I useAutoCAD.

Visio is one of the best products design by Microsoft. Specially I am using visio for my electical work like circuit design, floor electical installation model, machine flow analysis etc. I am 200% satisfied and always love to use for similar projects.

There is no demerites as far I know. It ia simple to use, though some features are not avaialble while comparing with CAD but it is ok in this price. Overall it has limited features but with excellent quality.

IT Lecturer in VK
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best flowcharting and diagram package out there

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I design software interfaces and algorithms within the application and find it so easy to get my ideas down diagrammatically in order to turn them into real applications

Flexibility - easy to use for a multitude of tasks, from flowcharting to network design, swim lanes to manage teams, and so easy to view on mobile devices too with a plugin to view on the web, and an app to download both on Android and iOS!

Well, I would love Visio to be added to the Microsoft 365 system and be available as a editable app on iOS and Android, not just a read only application. For a new user it can be quite tricky to get started, but it is very simple to pick up

Graham
Solution Architect in VK
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The standard for our charting needs

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Within our agency environment Visio is the only application we trust to deliver all of our charting and diagramming requirements within the Business Analysis team. It allows non-creative users to deliver competent charts for reports without relying on the Design team. The app is highly dependable and has developed to support new use cases over the years under Microsoft's parentage.

- The standard application that allows charts to be authored and distributed across the agency and our clients - Flexibility to create any of our charting needs, from flow charts to sitemaps and hosting architecture diagrams - Simple interface to commence learning the capabilities - Ability to download additional stencils for many charting needs which aren't available out-of-the-box

- Can seem expensive for casual and intermittent users - User interface can seem alien for less-familiar users who are used to tools such as PowerPoint - If the requirement is for a specific task such as drawing up a website sitemap Visio is hugely complicated in comparison to specifically focussed apps

Neethu
Business Analyst in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

The simplest tool for visualising a process

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: When processes are more complex, I may elaborate them by threads or by pieces, which provides my presentations with diagrams and graphs a distinctive aspect and aids in my understanding of the processes. Because of the tool's adaptable templates, drawing is simple for me, and I can message my coworkers from it. I have cloud storage for all of my data.

An enormous quantity of documentation, including flowcharts and business process diagrams, was a component of my position in my former product organisation as a business analyst who doubled as a product manager in software engineering. I had a lot of trouble using various free Word programmes and features until I learned about Visio. Every new customer's complicated business processes are studied and analysed, even though we provide enterprise solutions by providing flexibility in our product portfolio. Diagrams and flowcharts were unavoidable when trying to prove a point about how the process needed to be automated. Before Visio, creating diagrams took a lot of time. Visio assisted us in streamlining this specific task. An outdated diagram may be easily copied, modified, and then used in another document. The ability to modify schematics and need for reduced editing time are further benefits of employing vision. The drag and drop ability and stencils in Visio make it beautiful for creating diagrams. It's also fantastic to have a great collection of forms. I've utilised the organisational chart function a few times. When we have a thorough reporting structure, the import capability is really beneficial. Current data overlay allows us to quickly see the big picture by allowing us to see live data within the context of an organisational structure, business process, or manufacturing process flow. Once you become proficient using Visio, you are less likely to switch to any other

There is no denying that it is an excellent tool. The answer, though, is to subscribe to the online version due to the high price. Visio can be a little more understandable if the shapes provide some meaning or hint at the aim.

Adolfo
Freelancer in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Perfect program for meetings and idea sharing

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This stage has truly helped my work and career in advancing novel thoughts and imagining them to get clear insights concerning what's to come plans.

Microsoft Visio is a superb stage through which one can introduce their thoughts outwardly as a stream outline or any customizable chart. Microsoft Visio accompanies extraordinary pre-assembled layouts which I can use to flawlessly construct charts and flowcharts. We have been involving this stage in our school because of various factors. As of late, we utilized it to make an imagined floor plan for our new grounds. We additionally Microsoft Visio for training purposes. We use it during the classes to clear up information perception and orders for understudies in an understandable manner. Visio is additionally utilized in our school to make feasible plans in an arranged way. Microsoft Visio accompanies a ton of components making it the most customizable chart manufacturer.

The expense of this instrument can be a bit pricey, compared with its rivals and there are many web applications accessible that accomplish a similar work liberated from cost. Microsoft Visio ought to publicize a portion of its remarkable elements. 2) Instructional exercises and preparation ought to be given to the novices to cause them to understand the maximum capacity of this stage else almost certainly, the client will not hold it for a significant stretch of time because of the significant expense. 3) The powerlessness of utilizing this stage on working frameworks other than Windows has led to a few issues as I need to get my PC to work with graphs.

Waleed
Senior Procurement Engineer - Facilities Management in Jordanië
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The simplest way to draw the organizational Charts and workflow diagrams and clarify relationships

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The most important things that I have benefited from Visio, is the design of the organizational structure and workflow diagrams in a professional manner, in a short time, and most importantly, it has an amazing visual representation. Which helps everyone to understand relationships and responsibilities in a simple way.

Currently, Visio is the most user-friendly diagramming tool accessible. Visio is perhaps the most effective tool for presenting, explaining, and refining your concepts. Plans, flowcharts, and other visual aids. As a result of its flexibility, Visio also offers a wide range of tools such as freeform filling tools and pick-and-pointer tools, in addition to the ability to modify existing drawings. It's a great tool for visualizing difficult concepts. Many ready-to-use templates are available, including flowcharts, timelines, and floor plans. In addition to being unique, the templates allow you to display a lot of information quickly. Making use of its quick search feature, you may quickly identify necessary data elements while also being able to create visual representations of data relationships through the addition and connection of shapes, text, and images.

Not big problems, but sometimes I find it difficult to make changes to a large scheme that includes many shapes and lines, and it becomes cumbersome at that time.

Anthony
Reviewer in Kenia
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Ultimate Diagramming Tool for Professional Use

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Using Visio has been a positive experience overall. The software is very user-friendly, with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to create professional-quality diagrams and charts. The wide range of pre-designed shapes and templates makes it easy to get started, and the customization options allow me to tailor my diagrams to fit my specific needs. I have found the compatibility with various file formats and strong integration with other Microsoft products to be very useful, and the ability to access and edit diagrams from any device is a convenient feature. While there have been a few instances where I have had to spend some time learning how to use certain features or functions, the comprehensive set of features and strong documentation have made it relatively easy to get up to speed. Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience using Visio.

Visio is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for users to get started with the software. It has a straightforward interface and a comprehensive set of features that make it simple to create and edit diagrams. It is highly customizable, allowing users to tailor their diagrams to fit their specific needs. It has a wide range of customization options, including the ability to change line styles, text fonts, and fill colors.

Visio does not have as strong of a community or support network as some other diagramming software, which may make it more difficult to find help or resources when working with the program. Also, Visio is only available for Windows, which may be a limitation for users who prefer to use a different operating system.

Traci
Traci
Marketing Director in VS
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy and simple diagram

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It gives my presentations with diagrams and graphs a unique appearance and helps me understand the processes when they are more complicated since I can elaborate them by threads or by parts. Its templates are versatile so when I draw it is easy and I can communicate with my colleagues by messaging from this tool. I can save everything in the cloud.

A variety of diagrams can be drawn with this software including flow charts, organization charts, construction and floor plans, data diagrams among many. Automatically generate org charts from data sources such as Excel, Exchange, or Azure Active Directory. Simple or complicated diagrams can be made quickly and easily. It has a stencil gallery to determine the items in a room for example. It allows you to preview bone to see what the fonts and diagrams will be like before running it with the option to modify it by another tool.

you need to understand the program well to use it well. It is paid and its license is expensive ranging from $ 290 to $ 580. Their service to users is poor. It is not compatible with other operating systems only Microsoft. Their updates are not periodic since they take up to 3 years to make an improvement. It can throw errors during its installation and takes up a lot of hard disk space.

Nigel
Nigel
Principle Consultant in VK
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers

Industry standard with great features but at a price

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am able to create great looking charts and diagrams relatively easily. Using built-in templates save a lot of time and effort - and then tweaking them to create my own make working with Visio a breeze. I have always found it stable and have never lost any work. Having experience dating back to the use of plastic stencils and rulers with pen on paper I can say that Visio is superior product. I can easily take generic work I have done and brand/style it to match multiple clients making it bespoke to their needs. This saves saves so much time and gives me confidence when working with multiple clients clients. I am able to take complex processes and create very large charts to lay them out in a logical fashion to make following them through much easier to understand. I love the functionality and overall workflow.

I like the fact that it is pretty intuitive. Most people who have an idea of what they need to create will be able to quite quickly create great looking diagrams. The toolbar will be familiar to MS Office users with all the standard text features. There are numerous built-in templates covering a wide range of applications. Literally thousands of shapes available and if they do not meet your requirements they are customisable. I love the layering capability and the options to change backgrounds and create templates. There are lots of Addins for Visio both from Microsoft and third parties which enhance the capabilities of what is already and excellent product.

Unless you really need the power of Visio - or money is not an issue - there are other products that can produce basic flow charts and process diagrams. The current cost from Microsoft is £340 for the 2021 Standard version or £640 for the Pro version, which is expensive especially since it used to be part of the Office suite (a long time ago). This is multi-layered software. Not so much a dislike but it can sometimes be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. It can be buried in the menu system. This is really only the advanced stuff. The basics are easy to find.

Kim
Systems Analyst in VS

One of the "killer apps" alive today

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.

Jerry
System Administrator in VS

Invaluable software for documenting entire computer network. Full of features, full of functions.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Biggest benefit this gives us, after having used it for so long and put a lot of work into it, is great visibility into the design of our entire network: firewalls, routers, switches, servers; building layouts, cabling paths; access points, desktops, phones, printers. Everything is organized so well, we can easily lookup physical locations, switch ports, and cable paths, making troubleshooting much less difficult for our IT Technicians and Interns.

It's pretty powerful and full of features and niceties. Using this software, we've been able to fully document our existing network, document all upgrades and changes. We've even used it to integrate into our Active Directory network to build out organizational charts. It has shapes and templates for just about everything we've needed: org charts, switching and routing diagrams, individual switch cabling, diagrams for documenting our server racks, our phone system, work flows, and building layouts. We recently more than doubled the size of our building, and this software has helped us to document everything in the new building, and keep track of upgrades in our existing buildings. Software is easy to use, so our interns have been able to jump right in and start working with all of its features.

It does seem to use a lot more memory than other Office programs, so it does tend to crash a lot on us. Mostly when we're using some of its more advanced features like integrating it into Exchange/Active Directory. Even still, it works well at what it does, we just need PCs that have a lot of memory to ease the user experience.

Ben
Applications Engineer in VK
Bouw, 10.000+ werknemers

Pretty much a must have for flowcharts and network mapping

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall I'd recommend Visio to anyone who needs to create a flow chart for a process in a clear and easy to follow way or who needs to map out a complex network so it can be visualised by a customer or manager. The first time you use it, you'll probably struggle to produce anything more complicated that a few connected boxes but with practice you'll be able to clearly document even the most convoluted process. Last year I used it to produce a flow chart for the complete process of our business improvement system and it was 12 feet long when printed out on the plotter.

Visio is easily integrated with all the other parts of MS Office, such as teams and OneDrive, and has the same look and feel familiar to users of other MS Office products Its' widely used across multiple companies and has been for years due to its dependability, easy to use format and adherence to standardised shapes/icons. By that I mean that if I use it to map out a network or produce a flowchart and send it to someone at another company, they're going to understand what each icon I use represents.

The only real downside to Visio (especially in older versions) is the connector tool for adding arrows/lines to your flow charts. The standard shapes come with pre-set connection points and if you're producing a flow for a particularly complicated process, the connection points never seem to be where you want them to be. I believe you can go in to more advance settings and add in your own custom connection points but this can be a slow and laborious process.

Doyle
Doyle
Mathematics Instructor in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Visio is a visionary tool for data interpretation.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Having used Visio for quite some time now, I have found the software extremely useful in my day to day life and it is incredibly reliable and has rarely failed to let me down. Visio takes out all the time consuming hard work of creating your own gaant charts and what not and just leaves you with what you really want! Sexy visualized data that is easy to interpret and easy to create.

When you use other charting software, it is often clunky and hard to get a custom to, which can be quite annoying, especially when you are just trying to visualize your data quickly and efficiently. Visio basically took away all the struggle of manually creating charts/diagrams and allows you to visualize your data with ease. The user friendly interface makes the software extremely friendly and its easy to get a hang of. I would say that the software allows you to visualize your data concisely and accurately and saves you time so you can focus on the more pressing tasks at hand.

Visio is only available on Windows, and to be honest why wouldn't it be, its a Microsoft product overall, however I really think a piece of software this great should be available to everyone on every OS. I also have a mac book and I cannot integrate my mac with Visio which is quite the annoyance. I personally do not think the price is that high for the quality you get, but I can see it being a bit too much for just your standard users.