Over Visio

Microsoft Visio is een innovatieve diagramoplossing die helpt bij het visualiseren van gegevensgestuurde bedrijfsprocesstromen en meer.

Meer informatie over Visio

It comes with various set of tools , seamless collaboration with other tools. It also comes with 30 day free trial for those who just want to get a feel of it before investing in the product.

Sometimes working with connectors can be a pain. They seem to have a mind of their own sometimes.

Beoordelingen van Visio

Waar voor je geld

Visio heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.109 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Visio eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.109)

Muhammad daud S.
Muhammad daud S.
IT Manager in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Great Data Visualization and Mapping tool

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I found Microsoft Visio a very helpful tool for any management level (IT to Decision Makers) in an organization and it can be worked with according to their own requirement. I was able to achieve our organizational documentation through various tools and stencils and to elaborate them professionaly. Great tool.

I have found Microsoft Visio to be a great tool for any business to manage their flow diagrams, organizational structure, network diagrams, and document management. It is a vast utility to support various stencils as per the requirement of the organization or structure required. I found Azure Stencils to be great and detailed in order to elaborate on the cloud environment.

I found it a bit inconvenient that the built-in stencils for Microsoft Visio are limited and it requires extra time and effort to search them manually and apply them in the business model. Visio should be offering their own store to get Stencils and document management utilities.

Bradley O.
Self Employed in Zuid-Afrika
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Visio - Your Business Process Flow Simplified

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: As I have become accustomed to using this application and learned the great benefits from using it, I would happily recommend this product to people who are able to invest time in learning how to use this app.
Just be prepared for the software licensing if purchasing separately.

Visio is not difficult to administer and utilizes at all. It supports a wide range of graphs as well as graphics. It is well coordinated with other Microsoft items, to be specific office suite. We generally use it for making flow process diagrams that could be linked to our daily operations and core business functions. Free to trial for 30 days as well.

Unfortunately, every drawing object has its own individual properties and behaviors. It takes a bit of time getting to learn how to use the software effectively at first. The licensing costs are not up to standard as it is separate from the office suite which is purchased.

HR in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great for Large Orgs

3 vorige maand Nieuw

We use Visio for all of our Org Charts. It is perfect for what we're trying to do - very straight forward and easy to make changes

Sometimes the lines can be a little off, and I wish it would automatically change the lines to be exactly straight. That's the most frustrating part to notice a line is off by a pixel.

Bamibo N.
Bamibo N.
Application security engineer in Canada
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 201-500 werknemers

Amazing Tool for design

4 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I’ve really enjoyed working with Visio. The ease of use and features are perfect for architecture design. I highly recommend it for anyone trying to design workflows and process charts.

The product was easy to use. There are numerous templates to choose from. Especially as someone in networks and cybersecurity, visio helps me bring my ideas to life.

Templates are still limited. Also you cannot import a design from word and continue the editing.

Gopi kishan rao C.
Freelancing Blogger & Music Teacher in India
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Graphic Friend

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall our entire team was happy using Visio.

Very useful tool used it as a group, Good organisational charts & designs, Shaping & getting perfect stencils . A Happy Team on Visio.

We found it difficult comming to Formatting the work .

Tomasz P.
Network Engineer in Polen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best tool for drawing network maps

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

I really like the look of maps drawn in Visio. The ability to import templates allows us to maintain consistency in our documentation.

There is a learning curve that is not too steep, but it takes some getting used to drawing network diagrams in Visio.

Muhammad Z.
Muhammad Z.
Research Assistant in Duitsland
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Design of complex systems workflows with ease

5 4 weken geleden Nieuw

The software is easy to install and use. The software is very flexible to use. Tools make it easier to draw system diagrams that help develop an easy understanding of complex systems. The GUI of the tool is very intuitive. Updates are frequent.

The search for the software is not too good. You have to type the exact word of the diagram you are looking for. The self-alignment doesn't work well for big diagrams. The software is lacking symbols and equations. Creating a straight arrow is the most difficult task. This issue hasn't been resolved in years and I am experiencing them since the start. The software is not so versatile.

Gustavo B.
Gustavo B.
Director in Portugal
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

It was the Best In its segment

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I used to have Visio and hands down it was always the path to take when I need any of its multiple and great features. Notwithstanding, I stop using it once the competition started to offer an easier, more pleasant, and cheaper way to reproduce what you could usually make with Microsoft Visio.

Visio is a full and functional suite to create work flows, processes and everything in between. But it did fell behind its competitors at those segments in many ways.

It does not have a free version For this software to run smooth needs a PC installation

Arif H.
Arif H.
Senior Manager, Network Administration in Bangladesh
Bouwmaterialen, 10.000+ werknemers

I use Visio to make my network flowchart

5 2 maanden geleden

Viso is one of the crucial applications of the Microsoft Office family. This really handy tool as a network designer. Making diagrams using different charts and shapes is very easy with Visio. I encourage all to use it.

I am getting full advantage from Visio. I am totally happy with this and I didn't get anything wrong to mention here.

Oscar A.
Oscar A.
Manager Ingeneer in Mexico
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Visio - Personal Interpretation

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It helps us generate designs that meet what our clients are looking for.
Our documentation wins in appearance compared to other competitors.

We like that we can create our own Icons and figures, it is very easy to make and share. This allows us to make approved diagrams regardless of who uses it.

The main problem is that it requires additional licenses to the regular office package. Not all third parties and clients buy this tool, which forces us to transform some designs to other formats or even leave them in display-only formats. I think that the cost could improve so that more people in the organization can use it 100% as well as the third parties with whom we collaborate.

Timothy L.
Software Consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very capable diagramming tool

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall a very feature rich diagramming tool. Overall sharing / file management was NOT Good. which was the dealbreaker for me.

Overall Visio can do everything you need to in regards to diagramming. There are hundreds of shapes icons, tips, tricks etc... I spent 6+ months getting familiar with the program and once you have the hang of it you really can make amazing diagrams and visuals. I really think you should be on the latest visio as there are older versions which default settings make all your diagrams look very old and outdated. But the newer version of Visio does have better visuals/colors etc which make your diagrams look more modern. There are lots of keyboard shortcuts which are amazingly helpful, only downside is you have to learn them, which does take time.

I found Visio is clunky and hard to learn, and some of the features they tout like 'auto-align' I could never find useful. it always messed up the order / arrangement of the diagram. Also the color themes and fonts tend to make the diagrams look a little outdated. Especially if you are on an older version of Visio. Anything earlier than 2019 I think has default settings which made my diagrams look like they were made in the 90s. The other thing which was a PAIN is sharing diagrams, it makes it really difficult to keep a source of truth diagram and constantly be exporting it to PDF, always wondering who has the latest version etc... O365 should fix this, but I always found copies getting saved to my local and just exasperating the problem. More than once I had to make the same changes to a diagram cause I misplaced or lost an updated version. That is my biggest pain with visio, and is ultimately why I switched to Lucid Chart.

Michael K.
Michael K.
Solutions Architect in VS
Tabak, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The tool for visual mathematicians

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it for the purpose it was intended for. I don't think I could find anything better. Most of the time I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Just don't let yourself get in a spot where you need to write your own code to generate your charts automatically because the API and help for it would require another degree just for this product.

It can connect to a wide range of data sources to present data in your charts. It has a wide range of abilities through the various add-ons and tools. The range of standard drawing objects is huge and you can create your own if you know what you are doing.

It sucks for trying to program against it. Every drawing object has its own properties, methods and behaviors. It is a real nightmare if you need to integrate it into an automation system. The only one I have found that might be worse is Outlook and that would depend on what you were doing.

Regional FIT & IT Service Mgmt Senior Specialist (EMEA) in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great tool to draw Flowcharts , Process flows and Network drawings!!

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm using Visio for my daily work when I need to draw flowcharts, business process and more importantly for network drawings and rack drawings. Early I was using Ms word and powerpoint for these but both of them were unable to deliver what I want so I switch to Ms Visio. Visio is a great tool to get a professional quality output without much effort. GUI is very easy to use and templates cover most of the daily business requirements and even easy to find many templates online and use it. I'm using original stencils for all my drawings ( Network and Rack diagrams )which gives me perfect output. So overall I really recommend MS Visio...

Easier to learn and use it even for a beginner who never used Visio or any proper software. The richness of the templates in the library and even the possibility to download additional templates as per your requirement. Available many stencils with most of the brands (HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.) when using to draw network diagrams.

You need to pay separately for license costs even you have Office Professional or Office 365. Need to convert to PDF or another version to view it , if you don't have Visio to see it.

Steve F.
IT Specialist in VS
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Visio is your type of drawing and diagram software if you are not a CAD expert

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: - I have drawn hundreds of drawings in Visio, from Network drawings to Architectural drawings to Flow Charts and Engineering drawings for parts fabrication.
- It took me a long time to master Visio for complicated drawings but now I would never use anything else.
- Visio drawings always impress the boss.

- It can draw anything you can think of - There are many pre-defined symbols that can be dragged and dropped into a drawing - Pre-defined symbols can be easily incorporated into your drawing with connectors that snap to connection points and can then be dragged to other parts of the drawing. - It can print your drawing onto any size paper you select - Drawings, objects, symbols, lines and connectors can be colored using the standard Windows colors. - Objects and symbols can have data embedded into them from a database or used to create a database. - There is an almost unlimited amount of help available from boards and users on the web. - You can import AutoCAD drawings and change them. - Drawings can be exported into AutoCAD format.

- There is a very long learning curve. - It uses the typical Microsoft help function which cannot find things using plain English queries. (Google is MUCH better) - It may be difficult to find the thing you want to do as there are some many functions. - The Microsoft "Ribbon" can be a real pain when trying to find a function. It can waste a huge amount of time. - If you know the name of the function, you can put into the "What do you want to do" search function but if you find it there, it does not show you where, in the Ribbon, that function is, so you do not have the opportunity to learn - It can be quite cumbersome, when working on something and then needing to do something else, which requires many moves from the drawing to the Ribbon and back. - The Ribbon - You use the Pointer a lot but it requires a trip to the Ribbon when you are doing anything else and need the pointer, like text. - It is very expensive, even when subscribed to it in Office 365.

Andrew P.
Andrew P.
Project Manager in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Process Development Tool with layers

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Visio has helped me take conversations and brainstorming sessions and demonstrate how they would actually work. So often there is a good intention on trying something new, but it is important to get everyone on the same page. This tool has helped do that. I have also extensively used Visio as a training tool. I will link the diagrams to other portals and tools that we use, so that the workflow document is something of a link aggregator for all the steps involved. This has made the hand-off from training to implementation much easier.

I like that I can use Visio to easily demonstrate workflows and process improvement ideas. There is a range of understanding for software like Visio. I do not use it to automate at my place of work, but I use it extensively for visual learners when implementing or discussing new processes, procedures, and ideas. Often I have co-workers take these designs and display them for their team as a physical reminder, others are more intuitive and I work with them to develop interactive workflows (with links, actions, etc.)

There are some elements to how you design that are not intuitive. I usually spend about 15 minutes with users who download the software to demonstrate how they can make their flows and diagrams. The organization chart is particularly more cumbersome than advertised, but even so, I have users who use it for this purpose. Online resources are sparse as well, and I often am troubleshooting when trying new methods.

Sreekumar J.
Designated Partner in India
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Awesome professional diagrams and flow charts

5 4 jaar geleden

As a Business Analyst cum Product Manager in Software Engineering, tremendous amount of documentation including business process diagrams, and flowcharts were part of my role in my previous product organization. Before learning Visio, I have tried many free apps, and capabilities with in word and struggled a lot. While we make enterprise solutions by offering customization in our product suite, it is quite normal to study and analysis complex business processes of every new customer. To make a case - the process to be automated, solution, estimation, and design, diagrams and flowcharts were inevitable. Making diagrams eat a lot of time before Visio. Visio helped us to streamline this particular activity. It is pretty simple to copy an old diagram, make a few modifications and use it in another document. Another advantage in using vision is scope for modifications and less time to edit the diagrams. The beauty of Visio is stencils and drag and drop feature to build diagrams. Also it is awesome to have an excellent repository of shapes. Couple of times, I have used the organization chart feature. The import feature is very much helpful when we have a comprehensive reporting hierarchy. Live data overlay which enables us to visualize live data in the context of a org structure, a business process, or a manufacturing process flow to get the big picture in one glance. Once you master Visio, it is less likely that you switch to any other tool for diagrams and process flows. Provision to collaborate on diagrams simultaneously is a big relief when many users work on a diagram

It is a fantastic tool and no doubt on its capabilities. However pricing is heavy and the solution is subscribing to online version. If the shapes show some meaning or suggest the purpose, Visio can be a bit more intuitive.

Bed prakash D.
Engineer in Nepal
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best design and drawing tools for all Business

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am using Visio from my college. I use Visio on my every projects and assignments that required design and drawing. My first preference is Visio and if visio unable to complete my requirements then I useAutoCAD.

Visio is one of the best products design by Microsoft. Specially I am using visio for my electical work like circuit design, floor electical installation model, machine flow analysis etc. I am 200% satisfied and always love to use for similar projects.

There is no demerites as far I know. It ia simple to use, though some features are not avaialble while comparing with CAD but it is ok in this price. Overall it has limited features but with excellent quality.

Marat M.
System Administrator in Oezbekistan
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Visio review

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using Visio before Microsoft purchased it so I have quite big experience with this great application. I'm still using it a lot to visualize text information into graphics almost every day.

In my opinion the Visio is the industry standard and definitely the best tool to build different kinds of drawings (graphs, diagrams, charts, etc). It has many built-in shapes and templates (stencils), lots of options to connect to wide range of data sources. The Visio diagrams are easy to understand for both technical and non-technical audiences.

Microsoft Visio is not part of Microsoft Office Suite anymore (it must be purchased separately). The Visio license is quite expensive. Microsoft Visio is not available for Apple Mac and Linux platforms. Web (online) version of Visio would be great alternative to standalone application (since it must be cheaper).

Waleed K.
Senior Procurement Engineer - Facilities Management in Jordanië
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The simplest way to draw the organizational Charts and workflow diagrams and clarify relationships

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The most important things that I have benefited from Visio, is the design of the organizational structure and workflow diagrams in a professional manner, in a short time, and most importantly, it has an amazing visual representation. Which helps everyone to understand relationships and responsibilities in a simple way.

Currently, Visio is the most user-friendly diagramming tool accessible. Visio is perhaps the most effective tool for presenting, explaining, and refining your concepts. Plans, flowcharts, and other visual aids. As a result of its flexibility, Visio also offers a wide range of tools such as freeform filling tools and pick-and-pointer tools, in addition to the ability to modify existing drawings. It's a great tool for visualizing difficult concepts. Many ready-to-use templates are available, including flowcharts, timelines, and floor plans. In addition to being unique, the templates allow you to display a lot of information quickly. Making use of its quick search feature, you may quickly identify necessary data elements while also being able to create visual representations of data relationships through the addition and connection of shapes, text, and images.

Not big problems, but sometimes I find it difficult to make changes to a large scheme that includes many shapes and lines, and it becomes cumbersome at that time.

Jess F.
Principal Scientist in VS
Olie en energie, 10.000+ werknemers

Scientist Viewpoint

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I like this platform as sketch pad (my hand drawings are terrible and hard to read). It has made my cross-functional collaborations much easier since I have a good method transfer ideas that other engineering disciplines can also work in before migrating to high level systems (CREO, Mentor, etc).

As someone who works in multi-functional engineering teams I find this to be a great collaboration platform. I can take my sensor idea and do some basic "hand" sketch type drawings to really highlight my thoughts and needs to my mechanical engineering colleagues. On the electrical engineering side I can create functional block diagrams describing my needs for the signal pathways and data analysis workflows. I also use this for test apparatus diagrams and mock ups for software user interfaces.

If you have no drafting/drawing experience this program can take awhile to get truly comfortable with. I don't find all the menus to be as intuitive as I would like. However, I only notice this if I am away from the software for an extended time period.

Chirag S.
CITO in VS
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers

Process diagram standardization with Visio

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We've diagrammed a significant portion of our company's operations using Visio. This has highlighted, visually, where inefficiencies are. There are several touch-points in each process. Visualizing touch points has helped us think critically where staff's time can be saved through automation and reduce pain points for staff.

Visio appears to be an industry leader and standard for process diagramming. I love the speed with which we can create process diagrams in Visio. We use Visio web interface, which is less-featured than Professional version, but is very functional for small and medium business. Web version is also easiest for users to see the diagrams and edit them.

I don't like compatibility issues between Visio web version and Professional desktop version. To work around that, we use web version consistently. Web version's limited feature-set is more tolerable than fixing compatibility issues.

Chris L.
IT Lecturer in VK
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best flowcharting and diagram package out there

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I design software interfaces and algorithms within the application and find it so easy to get my ideas down diagrammatically in order to turn them into real applications

Flexibility - easy to use for a multitude of tasks, from flowcharting to network design, swim lanes to manage teams, and so easy to view on mobile devices too with a plugin to view on the web, and an app to download both on Android and iOS!

Well, I would love Visio to be added to the Microsoft 365 system and be available as a editable app on iOS and Android, not just a read only application. For a new user it can be quite tricky to get started, but it is very simple to pick up

Gabriella N.
Gabriella N.
Process Design Engineer and CEO in Zuid-Afrika
Mijnbouw en metalen, 2-10 werknemers

Good for demonstrating understanding and reporting

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It has a great layout and it's really good for drawing process flows specifically those that are not complex.

Visio is an academic standard and I started actively using it during my undergraduate studies. I have used it to draw Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) for metallurgical plants both in school and a bit at work. It’s really good for demonstrating understanding and reporting. Visio’s grid layout and the user interface are easy to use, they make it easy to maneuver between plant work and theory. I have been able to use Visio to document and draw out my observations from the plant which enabled me to draw theoretical conclusions. This process is quite helpful in getting to know and understand a new site; solve problems & identifying room for process improvement; and Visio has instrumental in me doing this. At first, I was unhappy realizing that some industry-specific icons and shapes are not found among the standard Visio objects but soon realized that I can add custom objects as a picture which works fine especially for demonstration purposes.

When drawing a complex PFD connecting objects can become hard. The connector detects all nearby objects, and in a complex diagram, there are several nearby objects. In this instance, I have found it hard to drag the connector to the right object. There are alternative ways such as clicking instead of dragging but this results in a connection that most of the time is placed where you do not want it. Most of the time it's either too far out or too jagged where fixing it is harder than dragging it. It would help if there could be a painless way of adding connectors between objects that are close to each other?

Project Development Manager in Canada
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

Microsoft Visio

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Visio since 2002. This is the only program which I used consistently almost every day. I develop icons, drawings, flow charts and flyers all in Visio. It is not very restrictive but it is quite loose. I have to make my own templates which may also go wrong. But with experience, once gets better with Visio.

There are a few strong points in MS Visio. First is its ability to work with vectors. It can easily import SVG graphics, edit their individual lines and then being able to export the SVG again. The export can also be done in PDF. This makes the whole experience of working with graphics like icons so easy. There is no need for programs like Illustrator or Inskscape. Another good feature is that Visio contains thousands of symbols from various categories like electrical engineering, mechanics, etc. That is also useful while building the flow charts and diagrams.

One annoying part in Visio is combining the lines into a single plan so that it can be filled with a color. When you select all of the connected lines and click Join or Combine ( in Operations), the task is done without an error. But then when you try to fill a pattern or color into that area, it does not work, just because it did not really join the lines. I could never find a way to get this resolved. The only way is to keep trying by reconnecting the line again and again.

Mandeep J.
Mandeep J.
Associate Project Manager in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Microsoft Visio is the best software for your diagram design and documentation of organization need.

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using this software as a part of my daily job requirements and I can say this is the best software one can get to work on various types of diagrams to suit to your business and organizational requirements.

Microsoft Visio is the best software for serving the purpose of diagrams designs. It's capabilities to provide the best diagram templates for data flow diagrams, floor plans, building plans are among the best features. I have been using this software for preparing DFD's and flowcharts as part of my regular job requirements and I can say this is best software for such accomplishments since it offer varities of templates that I can just pick and go for doing my job with ease. According to me what makes this software stand out is its ability to pick the data from the MS Excess and MS Access which makes it best piece of software for working on diagram requirements in an organization.

Though it is very easy to use for those who have a little bit of experience using the Visio, however if you are starting with the software the you may find it little bit difficult to understand and get going so I would recommend anyone who is planning to use the software to spend some time with the software and get used to it and then you will find it easier and very useful and effective to accomplish your requirements.