Best option!

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
Harald G.
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In sum, I am happy with the purchase if you are a major user of mail, but do not want to spend much time on it. Beyond what you have to, and one has to sort, group and have a workflow beyond Apple mail and where Outlook gets too "hot" on notifications and integration.
Would recommend it to anyone who needs Mail sotware, beyond using the smart phone for everyday use.

Pluspunten: I like Postbox because it is clear, secure and gets the additions that I look for in a mail software.
Appears as secure in relation to insecure mail, also has the opportunity to have several profiles separated as work and private, but not at the same time !. Gives me good control of my mail in a satisfactory way.
Have either not started as far as I can see subscription, which I appreciate, one of the competitors has been uninstalled because of this.
Is a full and good alternative to Mail Mac, for Window it does not seem as big and heavy as Outlook.

Minpunten: What I don't like are any restrictions in integrating with other apps. It can come from security, and it can come across as messy, what I have registered with a competitor. But being able to sync or have a calendar would be great. Alle doesn't use OmniFocus, there are others too. And of reasons I have mentioned.
Failed to integrate Devonthink, nor spamsive. Difficult with tags, but there are at least tags;).
The price may be high, but as long as there is no subscription, you have to pay something !.

Postbox: The Ultimate Email Client šŸ¤©

Joshua T.
Online Tutor
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Brilliant. Whilst the software itself is top drawer, the interactions I've had with the customer support has been nothing short of exceptional. I demoed the software during a sale period which ended before my trial. Without hesitation, the support extended the sale price for me once my trial was up so that I could capitalize on the special offer. I've never looked back since. I highly recommend Postbox and am a very happy customer! šŸ„³

Pluspunten: From the exceptional design of the GUI, to the functionality of the software, to the extensive feature-set and the software's ease of use, Postbox is the ultimate Email client. The sheer volume of features enable the user to completely customize their workflow and make it their own. Despite this, Postbox doesn't feel bloated in any way. It's incredibly streamlined and can cater for any type of user: from beginners to power users! Geared at the working professional, the ability to create professional email signatures is an excellent feature for small businesses, but this really is just the tip of the iceberg! The software provides many functions I didn't know I needed and they have all combined to make the emailing process simpler and more enjoyable! šŸ˜Š

Minpunten: There aren't really any glaring issues that I've discovered. The software is able to execute my workflow with ease and there are many features that I'm yet to truly discover! I would love the option to color-code different accounts, so that it's easier to know which address you're sending emails from. Apart from that... I can't think of anything else I'd like to add for the time being! šŸ™

I can't function without Postbox!

Michael W.
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My job requires reading, accurately filing away, and responding to hundreds of email messages each business day. I've used dozens of other email clients and none of them can hold a candle to Postbox. For better or worse, I am hopelessly addicted to this tool.

Pluspunten: There are so many features that Postbox has that I depend on day to day, I'm not sure where to start. I think the most useful for me personally is the ability to color-code messages and assign topics to them. "Accounting" is green. "Contracts" are orange. "Urgent" is red. "Publicity" is fuchsia. It's simple to categorize my email by urgency and topic this way. After that, the quick-move feature that also exists in the Gmail web interface that allows you to easily label and file/archive messages is great. They expanded that with the new "copy" feature which I am also using a lot. Even some of the lesser-used but advanced features quickly come around as must-haves. One example is the new "clips" feature, which allows you to easily stylize outgoing messages to really let your emails stand apart from others in a long email chain. It's very useful. With the new version 7, we can also choose from a number of attractive themes which make the interface look very slick.

Minpunten: I have experienced some instability from time to time, but to be fair, I run about a half dozen separate email accounts consisting of hundreds of thousands of messages through Postbox every day. I also noticed that the software became much more stable after I upgraded to MacOS Mojave from High Sierra, so these matters were apparently not Postbox related, but instead OS related. To be honest, I have few complaints about the software, and the few times I have ever had to contact support, they have been extremely responsive and helpful.

Good for Business Good for Personal

Lester A.
Investor
Financiƫle dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I started using (and recommending) Postbox during my time as a IT consultant to small businesses (who also love the software). I now am semi retired and us the software personally for my investment activities. Since I get a lot of old emails related to my former business, Postbox allows me to sort them into folders for a later look or delete them directly. I have multiple emails for security purposes and I am able to consolidate them into the single Postbox application. It is easy to use, easy to confiure, and it works all the time.

Pluspunten: Ability to consolidate multiple emails onto one platform with the ability to send from any. Filter ability is excellent to group incoming emails into the best folder and in cases of spam directly to delete. Ability to search the contents of all emails (or select email accounts) in one easy search

Minpunten: Sometimes the indexing feature takes a long time and puts the software on hold.

The only email app that I keep using

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Dane M.
Web Developer
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Postbox has made dealing with email less of a chore with the right mix of tools for my business needs.

Pluspunten: Postbox combines the core features I need for an email app with an excellent support team. Management of multiple inboxes into both single and shared views makes it easy to manage my email, and there are several automation tools built-in.

Minpunten: I keep asking them to integrate Grammarly. That's the one thing I need to make me completely happy with Postbox.

A true email client

Steve B.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used Postbox since its first release. I have used it on both MAC and Windows OS and have always found it easy to use. The major plus for me is how easy it is to find an attachment and the way I can link to new emails. The program is built to be intuitive which means the hard work is always done for you. Every upgrade has left you with the same UI so you never had to re-learn how to use it. I currently store ten years of email on it so about 26,000 and have never had a problem.

Pluspunten: Easy to manage attachments the "view" aspect of the program is what really makes it unique.

Minpunten: Does not always find the correct config when adding email addresses. No mobile version.

My Post Box and Messages

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2019
Sivashanmugam N.
CTO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: All in one Mail Box

Pluspunten: Attachment Finder, Multiple Domains, Easy to install, Agile

Minpunten: Slower when mail box is bigger, Indexing takes more time.

Rich in Features.

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Operations
Detailhandel, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using Postbox as my main mail app since I purchase v2 in March of 2011 (technically I Beta test v1 so I've been a lifelong Postbox fan). I've seen a lot of changes in the app and I have always been incredibly impressed with the quality of product, focus on user security, and customer service.

Pluspunten: Clean and simply user interface. The "competitors" can often overload their layout with too many ribbons and buttons. What I love about Postbox is they have simple and well organized design which focuses on mail. Plus, there are so many user tweaks, such as themes, Quick Post, and Focus Pane to name a few.

Minpunten: New Swipe Gestures on macOS, which are new to version 7 seem clunkly and hard to control the correct movement to select the right functionality. As of now, a box comes up and there is no "progress indicator" as to how far you need to swipe to get to the new gesture. Its current iteration seems overly bulky to the rest of the apps modern layout. I'd like to see a smaller swipe gesture (maybe something on the select piece of mail instead of hovering over the entire window --and-- have a much needed progress bar.

Good mailing software but has a long way to go

Javier T.
Educator
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good experience. I was using before Mailbird and emclient but I had lot of problems, so, I started looking an alternative and so I came to you.
I tried it and decided to buy it because it's really worth it

Pluspunten: A lot of features
A lot personalization.
Good performance

Minpunten: I use it on Windows, I can't minimize it as an icon next to the clock.. for example as antivirus or Spotify, I can minimize these next to de click un the toolbar. Sometime I have troubles with margin of the signature, if u want to edit it in the same email, margins are spoiled I would like to have a way to organize better the email, for example there's an app on mobile, Spark Mail, it has a funtions to organize email by relevance, I don't know how it works exactly but is nice l.

Effective, simple but comprehensive

Burak B.
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Been using Postbox for years now. I think started with version 3 and they are at v7 now. Continuously being developed it is a smart tool for anyone using they Mac as an office place! I am constantly on my computer and sending & receiving emails. It is a hassle free piece of software. Setting up is no different or difficult then any other mail software. I migrated from Outlook (back then) and it was far easier to use and was very easy to adjust to.

Minpunten: I have not managed to figure out how to import my settings and email to a new computer and I dont think the information available online explains it well. This weekend I have re-setup my MAC twice and both of the times I tried to import rather than having to setup all over again but failed. Luckily I am using my email accounts with IMAP connections so it was easy to sync but importing I did not manage. Also, I had to go to Mojave from Catalina and there were issues (stemming from Catalina I think). Back to Mojave and have no issues.

Excellent Cross-Platform Experience with Great Filing Features

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2019
Athar K.
Attorney
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall very good experience. Needs a few engagements but overall a great app that is always being developed.

Pluspunten: I use a Mac and a PC and having an app that offers the same experience on both platforms is a huge plus. The biggest reason I like PostBox is that it allows for very quick, easy, and efficient filing of messages. (That was my biggest complaint with Airmail). I also like that they update and improve it continuously.

Minpunten: There isnā€™t much to dislike. I wish they still allowed plugins like MailHub which allow for a certain level of predictive filing features. While there are workarounds for some plugins like Todoist, there is no way to use a plugin for predictive filing.

Hands down the best email client Iā€™ve ever used

Glen S.
Freelance Designer
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After using outlook this was an introduction to software done right!
Straight away it just made sense! It never gets in the way! I have a very large in box and the app never slows down!
Even on my old iMac with a standard HD itā€™s nippy!

Pluspunten: This is email sorted!
Iā€™ve used multiple different email clients and postbox was a lucky find being included with a bundle of software that I bought years ago I loved it so much when v4 came out I bought a lifetime license and I am over the moon that I did! As this app just gets better and better!
This is designed by people that use email!

Minpunten: Itā€™s a very small thing Iā€™d just like the reminders to be date aware so I get a prompt for my ageing brain to do things!

Great user interface and powerful features

Jonathan B.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I am much happier with Postbox than the official Apple Mail client. The interface is better and can be customized with themes. The software also is more reliable than Apple's offerings, and is solid, reliable software.

Pluspunten: Clean, customizable user interface (with themes). Speed, performance, and reliably are top notch. Message filters make life easier.

Minpunten: With the addition of themes, it would be nice to be able to create your own and import/export themes. Undoing the deletion of messages (via Edit > Undo) can be a slow operation, but otherwise the software is fast.

Powerful with exceptional UI - the only email tool I can use anymore.

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019
Weston D.
Sales Strategy & Operations Business Partner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've been using PostBox for around 6 years now, maybe a little more. It is an incredibly powerful native email client that maintains to a beautiful UI such that the features don't bog you down with clutter. The keyboard shortcuts are incredible. I'm an inbox zero kinda a person, and I can power through my entire inbox without every touching a mouse/trackpad. The integrations with google are great, and the customizability is superb. Any issues I've had I've been able to look up and find, or contact the dev and figure out. I recommend it to anyone I talk to on the subject. I can't work with out it - I tried this last go around.

Minpunten: I wish I could get contacts I have not emailed before to auto-populate as if I were using gmail in the browser. This could be user error however.

Essential software used all day, every day

Tom N.
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I monitor about a dozen email accounts. Postbox lets me easily see new messages in all of my accounts.

Pluspunten: Easily connects all of my email accounts and combines them into one stream of messages

Minpunten: I can't think of anything I don't like about Postbox.

I Like It Because It Works

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2019
Robert L.
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use it primarily for reading, organizing and sorting my daily Emails - I use several hosts, which has been problematic with other email clients I've tried - but Postbox seems to work with all of them.

Pluspunten: I was looking for a mail client that was easy to install, set-up and rely on and Postbox has checked all the boxes. I use several hosts (iPage, Hostmonster, Gmail, Mac mail) and it works with all of them. In addition, they are always working to make it better. Nothing is more frustrating than a mail client that doesn't do what it is supposed to, or takes forever to get to work right. Not so with Postbox. I was an early adopter, and while there were a few issues early on, it just keeps getting better.

Minpunten: A few issues early on, but the most recent version has been very solid.

Powerful e-mail management tools

Drew D.
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software seamlessly integrates into my workflow and make handling a large volume of email a breeze.

Pluspunten: I use the powerful shortcuts for sorting mail on a daily basis. The ability the seamlessly manage multiple e-mail and accounts in a unified inbox is something I absolutely need to have. Extremely quick comprehensive email searching saves me time on a regular basis. Finally the filtering options help keep me on top of all of my email messages.

Minpunten: At the moment I don't have much that I don't like.

Awesome email program

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2019
Vikki S.
Owner/Manager
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Postbox has been very positive. I've been able to work with my multiple business emails as well as my personal emails, in a quick, efficient manner. Everything is handy and right on the screen and I don't have to dig around to respond to clients from different areas of my work. All and all, I've been super pleased with it's functionality as well as it's ease of use. And? It doesn't hurt my eyes to check and work in my email (GREAT BONUS!) It's a beautiful program.

Pluspunten: Seriously, I have had nothing but great success with this software. It's super simple to set up, easy to navigate, has a great interface that's pleasing to work with.. and on top of all of that? Super affordable. I couldn't be happier.

Minpunten: I really haven't found anything to complain about.

Switched to PostBox

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2019
Yannis E.
Managing Partner
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: So far it looks like a stable and fast option.

Pluspunten: It is fast, light and has a plethora of useful shortcuts, you can use it without the need to touch a mouse or a trackpad. Pricing is decent.

Minpunten: I would prefer a fresher user interface and the ability to show only selected folders.

Review of Postbox after 5 years

Richard L.
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Postbox is our go-to email client for our OSX platform. Filters, rules, folders, quick commands - excellent choices to help speed along message handling. Also excellent capabilities with encryption and signatures. We haven't found a better product - if we had, we'd be using it.

Pluspunten: Very flexible and very capable, lots of options to speed through messages with good formatting choices including message content, message handling. Excellent multi-account handling.

Minpunten: Does not handle very very large IMAP accounts too well, especially if gmail / gsuite based.

Tired of Ordinary Email?

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2019
Michael F.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: So far so good. The additional features from Apple Mail are a definite win and even though there is a small learning curve, it's a pleasant surprise to find out how much this tool has to offer.

Pluspunten: Easy Management of Multiple Accounts
Fast
Stable
Clean interface
Having used Apple Mail for some time, I've had to adapt to the limitations either by ignoring them or adding plugins and supplemental products. This is fine until one or the other updates and then nothing works. Postbox seems to be pretty stable across multiple platforms and removes the dependence on Apple.

Minpunten: Change - change is difficult and there is a lot to learn in the new Postbox iteration - all of it so far has been a benefit and I am definitely enjoying the change.

Fantastic third party email software

Tammie E.
Carer
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Simple to set up. It looks 'clean' and not at all cluttered like some other third party email software. It's spacious. The themes are quite good too. I like colour coding certain emails so at a glance I know what they're to do with.

Minpunten: Only that I can't seem to work out folders, but maybe that's just me.

Excellent, Powerful and simple to use!

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2019
Sean S.
Photographer
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The interface for starters is very clean, modern, and simple. Highly customizable. Love that you add plugins and send various email formats. The ability to do a mailmerge with placeholders without having to buy or pay for a bulk emailer is awesome. Love being able to also easily organize emails (subjects, topics or even personal/business via topics)

Minpunten: The price is a bit steep. But great on a black Friday sale.

Almost Perfect for E-Mail

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019
Alan F.
Technical Writer
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very clean interface and intuitive to set-up. Allows for flexible rules to filter and store email in folders or assign tags. Supports multiple accounts and user names. Fast retrieval and filtering. Just set it up on a new computer and it literally took 5 minutes - most of it taken by me retrieving the product license code and device password. Have used email for 30 years and this product for 3, this is the most pleasant to use, day to day, of any I've tried.

Minpunten: RSS support is somewhat rudimentary. No calendar.

Great messages search and indexing. Best e-mail client I have used in Windows Desktop computer.

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019
Arnis J.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's great product! I have started to use it because of other competitors lack of search engine - email messages indexing. I have ~10 email accounts, with GB of emails, and Postbox was the only one able to search them frighteningly fast!

Pluspunten: It's fast, easy.
It has great search engine, whish is the main reason, why I started to use it an age ago!

Minpunten: features and improvements. It had and has limited Thunderbird plugins compatibility.
It does not have Microsoft oauth functionality.
Lacks good calendar implementation.