Easy to use, great results

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Pauline E.
member
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used it for several years to process the video recordings from a church service and create DVDs for use in nursing homes (so shut-ins could see the service), editing as necessary to keep the total time within one hour. Now I use it for a Toastmasters club, to extract speeches and evaluations from the video recording, and make them available for people (on YouTube, with link from our club website) to see what we do in our meetings or for members to see their own performance to as to improve.

Pluspunten: I have no background in doing any kind of video editing, but it is easy, using this software, for me to extract the clips I want from a file, edit out a short segment where needed, and create a file that can be either burned to a DVD or uploaded on YouTube. I also like not having to keep paying for a new license when a new release comes out, just download and install.

Minpunten: I find it difficult to figure out what features are available that I don't typically use. For instance, I wanted to try to improve the sound quality when the meeting took place in a very echo-y room. I finally figured out that the online help referred to a newer version of the software, and downloaded and installed that, but still had trouble figuring it out. The sound quality is still not what we would like, but considering the low cost of the software, and it does as well as it does, I can't really complain.

Fast & Flexible

Michael P.
Jubilado
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Makes videos that are perfect quality to be projected onto large screens for business and for musical concerts.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use to make fast changes to videos, editing out or inserting new blocks or transitions.
Help from AVS not needed, there is sufficient online help.
It's a product for life, I have been using since 2009.

Minpunten: Occassionally crashes for no apparent reason. Reloading with same files will work correctly.

Fantastic editing software

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
David M.
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm working on video to piece them together, remove things and process them into new video files. I even use it to convert files from time to time.

Pluspunten: I use this software daily. It's pretty easy to use, works great, and does almost everything I need. I even love the pan and zoom feature! So many great things about this program.

Minpunten: I would love to add subtitles via the subtitle file and be able to separate the audio and video.

A handy video editor with all the required bells and whistles

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Ayon S.
Film Maker
(Bioscoop)films, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: One will enjoy using AVS video editor as it is easy to learn, one can open up the software and can start editing videos right away. Plus it provides various fantastic features to spice up your video editing and thus helps in creating amazing videos. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a All in One video editor for daily purposes.

Pluspunten: AVS video editor has a very straight forward interface and that is very important when it comes to overall experience of using a software. AVS provides you with all the functionality one expect from a decent video editor, like support for almost all the major media formats, crop and flip tools, title editor, transition and effects, basic audio editing features, a good range of export options, all these make AVS a great tool for anyone who, after capturing a video, wants to go a step further and add some extra sauce to their videos.

Minpunten: Well, I don't see any reason why one cannot cut a film in a software which can edit and cut videos together, but to be very specific, some softwares are designed specifically for cutting motion pictures, AVS video editor is not one of them. Apart from that, AVS video editor is an excellent option for editing videos.

Would be perfect except for serious issues

Tracy A.
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The time problem is a serious one and could cause a problem when I testify in court. I have tried repeatedly to contact the company for help in resolving this issue, along with the time zone, but you can virtually never get a person to respond. If they would fix these two issues, the program would be perfect.

Pluspunten: You can choose where to place the date and time on the video, the format, and the font. Works fairly quickly and easy to edit. You can also delete audio.

Minpunten: You cannot choose a time zone. (You could on the old version.) Once all my video is listed, I have to manually tell it to deduct five hours from my video time. I also skips time. For instance, my video may be running at 8:28 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., but the next segment (which should be 8:31) skips back to 8:28. It makes it appear as though I have altered something and I’m afraid it would not stand up in court. You also have to buy the program for each computer you have, which is so wrong. I use my PC and my laptop, but I had to buy the program for each one. When my old PC crashed, and I bought a new one, I could not transfer the software to my new computer. I had to buy another one.

Smooth and Simple

Mitch M.
Owner / Art Director
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Possibly one of my favorite features is the "trajectory" settings that allow you to quickly animate overlays. The whole overlay editing section is definitely a plus. Easy to navigate and quite robust. It is a feature that makes it stand out. Another great aspect is the integrated screen capture tool. This works great and is quite robust.

Minpunten: Maybe my biggest con would be that you can not easily import masks for overlays from inside the app. Not a lot of cons really. While the UI is well laid out and easy to navigate and while it is cleanly designed it still feels a little dated and could use a refresh to feel more modern. That said, the interface works great and is fairly intuitive for newcomers. Chroma Key is possible but a bit rough (needs shadows etc) and hidden in the overlay settings though well documented in the user guide. All my "cons" are just the desire for more features, but then I would just need to get something fancier and that's not really what AVS Video is all about.

AVS Video Editor

Paul W.
Associate Director
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is an easy way to edit videos for training and education, both videos produced by others and videos I produce.

Pluspunten: The Intuitive and user friendliness means I can leave it 'on the shelf' for long periods of time, and I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to recover how to make the program function.

Minpunten: The pan and zoom function and the ability to add text to the image works, but is is of rigid, restrictive, and narrowly defined.

This is a must to have

Hector H.
Photographer and Musician
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Cut off parts on a video that I don't need for presentations or use in other programs

Pluspunten: It doesn't crash and it is very quick .... go in do your thing and it's done in no time

Minpunten: I can't think of anything that goes under the "Cons" section

Very good editor

Gerald C.
Managing Director
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's ease of use and support for most common video formats you'll encounter.

Minpunten: Activation took a while initially, and I found one format which I rarely use which it didn't support.

Great software

Gabriel F.
Logistics Manager
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use it but my daughter enjoys using it for her YouTube videos

Pluspunten: I enjoy the ease of use and the cost is not outrageous which is a plus in choosing great software without paying too much

Minpunten: Needs more features to edit, more YoTube friendly to make edits and post.

Video Editing Beginner? Go for it...

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2019
Mayank S.
Head Of Sales Marketing
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use this software to create short films for my YouTube channel.

Pluspunten: this is the most user friendly video editor I have used so far.
The video overlay feature is very rare in this class of video softwares.
Features provided in this price range are amazing.
Free version also provides you almost everything, just shows the watermark in the final video.

Minpunten: System configuration requirements can be an issue for home edition hardware. In case you are using a basic home edition PC/Laptop, you might need to upgrade your the configuration to use this software.

Solid program for basic production

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Justin R.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Pretty good experience. I've produced 42 episodes of my podcast with it and appreciate that.

Pluspunten: I use this software weekly to produce my podcast. It's very simple to use and has enough features to get the job done.

Minpunten: There are some limitation with the effects in the program. Not the most modern effects in the free version.

AVS Review

John F.
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good experience in presenting completed work

Pluspunten: Ease of assembling clips and arranging them to give a professional finished product

Minpunten: Adding special effects can be more easier to insert

Excellent intuitive software

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2019
Jeremy R.
Retired
Publiceren, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use AVS to produce 2 - 5 min travel video blogs and well as location videos for tourists. I also use it to produce short 30second videos for businesses to promote on social media platforms.

Pluspunten: The ability to import various video clips and edit with ease. The ability to change the sound and create transitions and other creative aspects. For the money its ideal

Minpunten: Nothing. It is a great all round video editing software with excellent video tutorials and customer support if one has any queries.

Very intuitive controls and tools

Marc N.
None
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used several AVS products for years and they have never fallen short on what I needed them to do. I use AVS Video Editor to create piano lessons and short 'teaser' videos of my novels.

Pluspunten: The user interface is easy to understand, making the learning curve a short one. I was producing instruction videos in one day after practicing with the tools.

Minpunten: Can't think of any downsides. I guess I need to type more in this box so I can click submit

Good for people who have minimal editing experience

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019
Khushbu A.
associate dental director
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is great for a quick editing job, I'm not sure how it would fare with a more complex editing job.

Pluspunten: This was great for myself to use for my wedding actually, since I have minimal editing experience, to edit some videos and music, etc. quickly.

Minpunten: I wish there was a better tutorial so I could be comfortable doing more complex editing, like a walk through video.

Slideshow editing

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Donna T.
Room Parent
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was very pleased with the product and pleased with what I paid for it. I did not need a year subscription, maybe month to month would be a better choice for beginners like me.

Pluspunten: I liked the capability to splice songs to the length I needed. I was also able to customize the slideshow I was working on with multiple songs and different lengths for each song. I was also able to add as many songs as I needed.

Minpunten: Some of the choices of features I did not understand because I do not have a background in video editing. For a beginner, the software was very user friendly.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Online Media Technologies op 26-9-2019

Hello Donna,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We'll consider your suggestion for a monthly subscription.
Best regards,
AVS4YOU Team

AVS Video Editor

Darrell C.
RE Appraiser
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Combining several videos into one.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use from day one and doesn't take a genius to operate.

Minpunten: Operates kind of slow but this could be my old computer.

Easy to Navigate and Edit or Create Movies

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Hanny C.
Engineer
Facilitaire diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The navigation bar is my favorite feature. I also like the that the lines are intuitive (video, overlay, text, audio, etc.).

Minpunten: I could not find a con. This software does exactly what I need it to do for my use and meets my expectations.

My Review

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Mark T.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: AVS Video Editor has assisted us in completely and finalizing professional training videos for our software.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use, fast and very stable.

Minpunten: My only con is that AVS Video Editor was not free...

Music Production

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Gospelmuv G.
Music production
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good experience, but would love to see more features as per music/video edition and creation.

Pluspunten: Intuitive, fast and easy to use software.

Minpunten: Limited features for video creation in music production.

Not bad, but too simple and with some bugs

Diego C.
Psychologist
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For simple editions with short videos of the mobile or for social networks, it's fine, but you can't lose much more.

Pluspunten: The simplicity of the interface and the price.

Minpunten: It does not allow to separate the audio from the video.
The program does not import the files in your work folder automaticaly.
Very few editing functions for the image, null for the video.
Sometimes reproduction is blocked during playback.
Recording the "voiceover" gives problems and does not allow you to watch the video while recording (clearly an error).

Great Starter Product for Commercial Use

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Kevin K.
Agent
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software is incredibly simple to use and very intuitive. While the functions are relatively basic, they are exactly what we need for our small business videos.

Minpunten: There is not as much customization as I had originally hoped. While the product itself is easy to use, it doesn't allow for a lot of the effects you see in other, MORE EXPENSIVE, products. Great for the money.

Not intuitive for a new uset

Ann S.
Na
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Opmerkingen: Personal use only

Pluspunten: I was able to accomplish what I had hopef

Minpunten: Software confusing for casual user. I'm not someone who edits lots of video.

Good

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Rickelle L.
CSR
Consumentendiensten, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It’s been good, more input options would be nice.

Pluspunten: This software has taught me how to edit very well I use it as a teaching guide some “small” to start off with.

Minpunten: you can’t add whatever you want to the editing if videos.