AVS Video Editor reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over AVS Video Editor

Easy video editing software to make videos with favourite audio tracks, backgrounds, special visual and audio effects, overlay, text.

Meer informatie over AVS Video Editor

57 reviews worden weergegeven

Jeremy E.
Systems Administrator
Olie en energie, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Ease of use"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with the product has been good. I just wish AVS customer support would work with their long-time customers rather than require them to purchase the "Unlimited" product every time they change computers. It's not really "unlimited" if you can't take it with you to another computer when you upgrade.

Pluspunten: What I love about this product is the ease of use. Anyone can use AVS Video Editor without any prior knowledge of video editing. The program is intuitive and the help guides you through most issues.

Minpunten: As with other AVS products, it's licensed only to the computer. I purchased the complete AVS Editor bundle over 10 years ago. The problem is computers don't last that long and if your hard drive fails or computer needs to be rebuilt, you have to purchase the license again. Most products will check to ensure it's only used in one computer at a time, but customer service refuses to work with you on this issue. They just want more money.

Michael P.
Jubilado

"Fast & Flexible"

Opmerkingen: Makes videos that are perfect quality to be projected onto large screens for business and for musical concerts.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use to make fast changes to videos, editing out or inserting new blocks or transitions.
Help from AVS not needed, there is sufficient online help.
It's a product for life, I have been using since 2009.

Minpunten: Occassionally crashes for no apparent reason. Reloading with same files will work correctly.

Tracy A.
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

"Would be perfect except for serious issues"

Opmerkingen: The time problem is a serious one and could cause a problem when I testify in court. I have tried repeatedly to contact the company for help in resolving this issue, along with the time zone, but you can virtually never get a person to respond. If they would fix these two issues, the program would be perfect.

Pluspunten: You can choose where to place the date and time on the video, the format, and the font. Works fairly quickly and easy to edit. You can also delete audio.

Minpunten: You cannot choose a time zone. (You could on the old version.) Once all my video is listed, I have to manually tell it to deduct five hours from my video time. I also skips time. For instance, my video may be running at 8:28 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., but the next segment (which should be 8:31) skips back to 8:28. It makes it appear as though I have altered something and I’m afraid it would not stand up in court. You also have to buy the program for each computer you have, which is so wrong. I use my PC and my laptop, but I had to buy the program for each one. When my old PC crashed, and I bought a new one, I could not transfer the software to my new computer. I had to buy another one.

Dwight P.
software developer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020

"Great Value for Home or Small Business Use"

Opmerkingen: I have used this software to create DVDs of video taken at piano recitals. Piano students have recitals twice a year. I video each student as they play and create a DVD that combines all performances. The DVD is then distributed to parents. The ability to use transition effects and a disc menu are important in this application. I also use it for home video projects such as graduations, family gatherings and vacation videos.

Pluspunten: Ability to select the video source from imported media files, web cam or screen capture.
Project files can be video, images or audio files. A nice and useful feature is the ability to add an editable color overlay to the project. The color is selected from a pallet. The size and orientation of the color patch is adjustable. This feature can be used to obscure a portion of the video. There is a provision for creating samples that can be used across video projects. The options for creating samples is the same as for creating the main media components.
The project can be built using a timeline or a storyboard. The audio effects can be adjusted. Options include noise removal, equalization, compression and pitch shifting. Likewise, video and images can be color corrected by adjusting brightness, temperature, contrast, saturation, gamma and hue. A large number of transition effects are included that are used to move from one visual component to the next. It is very easy to trim a component video so that only the section of interest is included in the final production. The speed of the component video can be changed also. There is an assortment of text effects and samples to choose from. These can be used as overlays or to add titles to sections of the video. Voice recording is available so that commentaries can be added. A disc menu can be created to make it easy to jump to any section of the final video. I used this feature when I created a video of piano students performing a

Minpunten: When a media file is added to the media library, a thumbnail image is displayed along with the media file name. Usually the thumbnail image is of a frame from the media file itself. I have noticed that sometimes, an image from a previously used media file is displayed instead. This can lead to an awkward situation depending on the content of the media file the frame is taken from. The selection of styles available for the disc menu is limited. It would be useful if more styles were available for each topic. It would be ideal if some sort of editor were available so that one could create a style from scratch. The storyboard interface is not very intuitive. It may be useful for the construction of very simple video projects where the transition from one video component to another is important.

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020
Corbin S.
Computerhardware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Easy to use. It works!"

Opmerkingen: I use it to advertise my business with logo videos. Wish I could upload one of my videos now. Plus personal use for for family videos.
Its been a great experience.

Pluspunten: I like that it's easy to use, it has guides and tips to help you, I do believe it has web videos you can watch to learn, I like you can add your own music or voice. The different transitions are neat and useful as well as the video effects, you can capture video from your screen. It works.
I bought the AVS4You unlimited, it came with 11 multimedia tools, lifetime!

Minpunten: every once in awhile it will freeze up, but that could be my computer to.

David M.
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Fantastic editing software"

Opmerkingen: I'm working on video to piece them together, remove things and process them into new video files. I even use it to convert files from time to time.

Pluspunten: I use this software daily. It's pretty easy to use, works great, and does almost everything I need. I even love the pan and zoom feature! So many great things about this program.

Minpunten: I would love to add subtitles via the subtitle file and be able to separate the audio and video.

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Linda K.
accountant
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

"FANTASTIC"

Opmerkingen: Excellent

Pluspunten: I love all the programs I use the registry cleaner weekly and the video converter almost daily You can not get a better deal for just the registry cleaner alone the audio and video converter programs are easy to work and are as good if not better than any other photo shop program. People do not understand you need a special program to make a DVD that works in a DVD/Bluray player. The Disc Creator is easy to use and does a great job.

Minpunten: Nothing it's great I tell others to use it

Andy S.
Facilitator
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2020

"Amazing Value and Features"

Opmerkingen: This software is used to edit small videos for social media and it does it quickly and efficiently. The price was also a factor and very affordable.

Pluspunten: Flexibility to adapt to different files
Ease of use
Loaded with features

Minpunten: Processing speed can be slow
System resources used can be high

Mayank S.
Head Of Sales Marketing
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-9-2019

"Video Editing Beginner? Go for it..."

Opmerkingen: I use this software to create short films for my YouTube channel.

Pluspunten: this is the most user friendly video editor I have used so far.
The video overlay feature is very rare in this class of video softwares.
Features provided in this price range are amazing.
Free version also provides you almost everything, just shows the watermark in the final video.

Minpunten: System configuration requirements can be an issue for home edition hardware. In case you are using a basic home edition PC/Laptop, you might need to upgrade your the configuration to use this software.

• Beoordeeld op 27-9-2019
Justin R.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019

"Solid program for basic production"

Opmerkingen: Pretty good experience. I've produced 42 episodes of my podcast with it and appreciate that.

Pluspunten: I use this software weekly to produce my podcast. It's very simple to use and has enough features to get the job done.

Minpunten: There are some limitation with the effects in the program. Not the most modern effects in the free version.

• Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Pauline E.
member
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019

"Easy to use, great results"

Opmerkingen: I used it for several years to process the video recordings from a church service and create DVDs for use in nursing homes (so shut-ins could see the service), editing as necessary to keep the total time within one hour. Now I use it for a Toastmasters club, to extract speeches and evaluations from the video recording, and make them available for people (on YouTube, with link from our club website) to see what we do in our meetings or for members to see their own performance to as to improve.

Pluspunten: I have no background in doing any kind of video editing, but it is easy, using this software, for me to extract the clips I want from a file, edit out a short segment where needed, and create a file that can be either burned to a DVD or uploaded on YouTube. I also like not having to keep paying for a new license when a new release comes out, just download and install.

Minpunten: I find it difficult to figure out what features are available that I don't typically use. For instance, I wanted to try to improve the sound quality when the meeting took place in a very echo-y room. I finally figured out that the online help referred to a newer version of the software, and downloaded and installed that, but still had trouble figuring it out. The sound quality is still not what we would like, but considering the low cost of the software, and it does as well as it does, I can't really complain.

• Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Ayon S.
Film Maker
(Bioscoop)films, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019

"A handy video editor with all the required bells and whistles "

Opmerkingen: One will enjoy using AVS video editor as it is easy to learn, one can open up the software and can start editing videos right away. Plus it provides various fantastic features to spice up your video editing and thus helps in creating amazing videos. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a All in One video editor for daily purposes.

Pluspunten: AVS video editor has a very straight forward interface and that is very important when it comes to overall experience of using a software. AVS provides you with all the functionality one expect from a decent video editor, like support for almost all the major media formats, crop and flip tools, title editor, transition and effects, basic audio editing features, a good range of export options, all these make AVS a great tool for anyone who, after capturing a video, wants to go a step further and add some extra sauce to their videos.

Minpunten: Well, I don't see any reason why one cannot cut a film in a software which can edit and cut videos together, but to be very specific, some softwares are designed specifically for cutting motion pictures, AVS video editor is not one of them. Apart from that, AVS video editor is an excellent option for editing videos.

• Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Mitch M.
Owner / Art Director
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

"Smooth and Simple"

Pluspunten: Possibly one of my favorite features is the "trajectory" settings that allow you to quickly animate overlays. The whole overlay editing section is definitely a plus. Easy to navigate and quite robust. It is a feature that makes it stand out. Another great aspect is the integrated screen capture tool. This works great and is quite robust.

Minpunten: Maybe my biggest con would be that you can not easily import masks for overlays from inside the app. Not a lot of cons really. While the UI is well laid out and easy to navigate and while it is cleanly designed it still feels a little dated and could use a refresh to feel more modern. That said, the interface works great and is fairly intuitive for newcomers. Chroma Key is possible but a bit rough (needs shadows etc) and hidden in the overlay settings though well documented in the user guide. All my "cons" are just the desire for more features, but then I would just need to get something fancier and that's not really what AVS Video is all about.

Brad F.
President - Principal Director
  • Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020

"Can't Beat it for the Price"

Pluspunten: To create my archive videos I have to piece together 12-15 segments into one seamless video. This software allows me to literally drag and drop the segments one after the other with ease! If I need to add transition effects, its super easy and there are many to choose from. I also like the ability to lay audio tracks down if I want to replace the sound on the video. I also love its many output capabilities/formats for the final mix-down. I've used this software for many years and enjoy creating my video archives with it.

Minpunten: The menu system creation for DVD menus can be a little tricky. I wish it were a little simpler.

Paul W.
Associate Director
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"AVS Video Editor"

Opmerkingen: This is an easy way to edit videos for training and education, both videos produced by others and videos I produce.

Pluspunten: The Intuitive and user friendliness means I can leave it 'on the shelf' for long periods of time, and I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to recover how to make the program function.

Minpunten: The pan and zoom function and the ability to add text to the image works, but is is of rigid, restrictive, and narrowly defined.

Hector H.
Photographer and Musician
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

"This is a must to have"

Opmerkingen: Cut off parts on a video that I don't need for presentations or use in other programs

Pluspunten: It doesn't crash and it is very quick .... go in do your thing and it's done in no time

Minpunten: I can't think of anything that goes under the "Cons" section

Mike F.
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2020

"Best buy in editing software....period"

Pluspunten: I love the light colored background, it makes using the editor much easier to see. the functions are easy to use, and intuitive. I have used AVS Video Editor for years, and have used many other products, some much more expensive, but I keep coming back to AVS. And I can say, I don't plan to use any other.

Minpunten: I'd love to see a couple more features: (1) the ability to reverse a clip (2) a true cropping feature. Other than that, AVS can't be beat.

James K.
WCM
Overheidsadministratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2020

"AVS Video Editor Excellent for editing Videos for Presentations"

Opmerkingen: I make a lot presentations to the public in which I use a lot of video as examples. I constantly try to update my presentations to keep them fresh by adding new video. AVS video editor makes it easy for me to edit the videos I want to use for my presentations.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and fast. The AVS Suite makes it easy to convert any video file to the format you want to use. You also have the ability to create a DVD for storage or distribution.

Minpunten: No complaints. Everything has worked with no issues.

Beecher B.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

"Outstanding video editor for the money"

Opmerkingen: I've purchased multiple licenses for use on other computers and I'd do it again. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the super expensive competitors, but it's great when you want to make a promo video or quick sales pitch. With fades, text-overs, special effects and more, it's my go-to solution.

Pluspunten: AVS is very inexpensive and easy to learn to use. It doesn't have a steep learning curve at all and you can create some impressive videos without taking months to learn the software.

Minpunten: Parts of the interface, such as the preview window, can be a little sluggish, but it might have been my PC.

Gerald C.
Managing Director
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers

"Very good editor"

Pluspunten: It's ease of use and support for most common video formats you'll encounter.

Minpunten: Activation took a while initially, and I found one format which I rarely use which it didn't support.

Joshua V.
Editor
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2020

"Easy to learn, great price!"

Pluspunten: AVS video editor gives great value for its asking price, providing a variety of tools in a easy to understand way.

Minpunten: My one gripe is not being able to get pin point crops.

Ray C.
Retired
Computergames, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020

"ALmost everything you need at a great price."

Opmerkingen: Easy to use. Can recommend it for beginners - and I suspect experienced users will get even more out of it than I did.

Pluspunten: The best thing about this is the ease of use. I signed up for a free trial when I was asked to create a particular file. I had absolutely no experience in videa editing but managed to achieve the objective. It was so great I signed up immediately and have used it on other project since.

Minpunten: None - but I'm easily pleased. Have tried others but none gave me the ease of use.

Dan M.
President/CEO
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-12-2019

"AVS Video Editor- Great product"

Opmerkingen: I use AVS in a variety of video's preserving new and old family / business histories.

Pluspunten: Simple learning curve. Very easy to follow tips and steps.

Minpunten: More filters to fix facial or subject defects would be nice.

• Beoordeeld op 19-12-2019
Nathalie B.
Comédienne
Omroepen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

"Très complet, de nombreuses possibilités. "

Opmerkingen: je réalise grâce à ce logiciel toutes mes vidéos professionnelles de démo de comédienne

Pluspunten: Possibilité de faire des montages de vidéo, de réduire le poids d'une photo, possibilité de choisir le format des vidéos pour les placer directement sur des sites comme YouTube ou vimeo, de faire des génériques de films etc...

Minpunten: pour l'instant je n'ai pas eu de mauvaises surprises

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020
Gabriel F.
Logistics Manager
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

"Great software "

Opmerkingen: I use it but my daughter enjoys using it for her YouTube videos

Pluspunten: I enjoy the ease of use and the cost is not outrageous which is a plus in choosing great software without paying too much

Minpunten: Needs more features to edit, more YoTube friendly to make edits and post.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019