Gemiddelde scores

3,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,1 /5

Over NCR Aloha

NCR Aloha is an end-to-end solution that helps restaurants increase efficiency, drive revenue and redefine their guest experience.

Meer informatie over NCR Aloha

85 reviews worden weergegeven

Edward L.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
    Zonder beoordeling

"Aloha Everybody"

Opmerkingen: We have partnered with NCR and have had a great experience from install to support.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and the ability for our management teams to continue to program easily with out support.

Minpunten: The software and hardware were outdated in 7 years and cost a good amount of money. It’s understandable that technology advances exponentially however It becomes an annoyance to spend so much money for a limited time frame. NCR should have a trade program to help with the transition.

Peggy S.
Director of Inventory
Horeca, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020

"NCR Aloha is here to stay"

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied with the software programming overall. Very happy with our local account rep and local support. The support they give us is tremendous. We have been with Aloha / NCR for six years, started with 4 locations, and have added 3 more in the last 4 years. We have the same account rep which is terrific. He knows our Brand, our set up, and is able to make valuable suggestions to make us successful.

Pluspunten: Asking the right questions to the right people, NCR can pretty much do anything we request. We use most of your product, including take out and delivery. I like that everything is integrated.
We upgraded to command center from secure access to manager our 7 locations, great software. Having terminal access to the locations is great for testing and training.
Management loves the Pulse App.

Minpunten: The way take out and delivery is programmed through AO. The delay between the POS data base and ATO is tedious. The help desk support lately has not been as good since COVID. Most issues need to be escalated to a level 3 tech, and no one can be found when needed. Waiting and waiting for a call back. We have to reach out to our local support in most cases to finish the support call. Very frustrating for our teams in the restaurant.

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020
Courtney S.
Assistant Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2021

"Best Restaurant Software"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with NCR Aloha is that it's the best software for any restaurant. I have used a few different ones and this one is by far my favorite. It's very easy on the back and front end. I do wish the customer service was easier to reach, it takes a while to get ahold of them. However, the software is so user friendly you probably won't need customer service much.

Pluspunten: The best feature about this product is the ease of use. Aloha is extremely simple which makes it easier for new employees who have never served before. The layout is very blocky so that it's easy to read and click. This is true for both computer and mobile devices.

Minpunten: My least favorite thing about Aloha is that you can't do everything on the mobile app that you can do on the computer. Our servers use mainly the mobile apps, as they are going into theater auditoriums to take orders. It would be nice if you could do ALL functions on both mobile and computer.

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2021
Business/Hospitality Consultant
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2020

"Aloha to Aloha"

Opmerkingen: Aloha was a leader in the industry, but I don't feel they have kept up with the other, newer and more streamlined systems. I've often felt as though they keep trying to put makeup on the old version and not bring anything new. But the cost associated with this system is astronomical.

Pluspunten: I really like the setup and the presentation of the software. The older versions were always clean and I like that they kept this through the years. The software works well and is user-friendly. The layout is nice and easy to read and find what you are looking for. I mostly liked the ability to pull up the reporting on my phone via the app. It was amazing!

Minpunten: This program continues to grow and expand but I don't feel it is doing so in a good way. While they focus on what they have always done, other systems provide more and seem to do so in a more streamlined manner. The support is lacking and hard to get through to the right person to help. They use so many people or satellite companies that have limited resources. I used one that said they were large and could handle all we were rolling out, but they could not. They were never there when we needed them.

• Beoordeeld op 21-8-2020
Patrick L.
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-12-2020

"Review of Aloha"

Opmerkingen: Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Pluspunten: The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Minpunten: None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

• Beoordeeld op 14-12-2020
Andrew M.
IT Director

"My Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been a mixed experience. Our local retailer got bought out by NCR and that's been a difficult process because the level of personal support changed for the worse. One of our largest deployments was delayed by six months+ because they couldn't supply us with hardware! Yes, NCR could not supply the stuff they manufacture. But again, that's not a software issue. Specifically software, it's been a good experience.

Pluspunten: Device compatibility across windows workstations. Ease of end user use and ease of basic programming.

Minpunten: The worst part for us is the lack of the ability to push out changes to terminals without doing a complete system refresh and taking the entire FOH down for > 3 minutes. Often we'll notice a price or an item issue during business hours and have to take the whole FOH down just to update a modifier or something of the like. Also, there's no compatible tablets that work with chip and pin to line bust and run faster drive thru service. That's more of a hardware issue for sure, but it's a real sour note for us. Additionally the IBER process seems to be pretty fragile when using third party services like omnivore and even above store reporting suites. We'll have an IBER crash at least once a week during a busy shift.

Peter M.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-4-2017

"It always comes down to service"

Opmerkingen: I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pluspunten: It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Minpunten: Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

• Beoordeeld op 20-4-2017
Andrew V.
Operations Manager
Restaurants, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020

"Great back office product"

Opmerkingen: Absolutely great across the board

Pluspunten: All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Minpunten: Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

• Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020
Julia U.
VP of Operations
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017

"15+ years experience using Aloha POS"

Opmerkingen: Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Pluspunten: Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Minpunten: Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

• Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017
Kurt B.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-7-2020

"Upgrade is a disaster"

Opmerkingen: Poor communication from support. Doesn’t seem like anyone cares. They fix one problem and create another. I’ve had Aloha for 18 years and after this Windows 10 upgrade I will be looking for a new POS system when the next upgrade is required

Pluspunten: Easy to use when it is working. User friendly.

Minpunten: New upgrade has a lot of issues and it doesn’t seem like anyone has the knowledge to fix them. Spend way to much time dealing with these issues. They fix one problem and create another.

• Beoordeeld op 6-7-2020
Scott K.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-11-2020

"Easy Choice"

Opmerkingen: I've had great experiences with Aloha over the years. Customer support knows when to escalate issues and generally the response times are quick. The software is easy to learn for FOH and back office manager functions are intuitive.

Pluspunten: Aloha has the capability to handle any concept protype in development then seamlessly transition into multi-units. Reporting structure is best in class with unit level metrics remaining a priority.

Minpunten: NCR Aloha is one of the pricier options which should really only be utilized with multi units. It's too robust and complicated for the average mom and pop place.

• Beoordeeld op 9-11-2020
Greg C.
IT Director
Horeca, 501-1.000 werknemers

"NCR Aloha"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with NCR has been great. The product, while it may be on the higher side of pricing, is well worth what you pay for. You just have to utilize it properly.

Pluspunten: We started out with multiple POS systems across our properties, NCR was the easiest to use and most user friendly for FOH and BOH staff. It is easy to train on and easy to deploy once you have multiple locations. We have tried many other POS providers out there and NCR has always been responsive and quick to solve any issues or answer any questions that may come up.

Minpunten: Built in reporting lacks compared to other providers, their online reporting tool is good but still has a ways to go when compared to Avero. The initial roll-out of connected payments was needed by us and I wish we would have not went with the Verifone pin pad product they offered at the time. They quite often break down and are buggy.

Nichole S.
Server, bartender
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2017

"Aloha! Hello!"

Pluspunten: Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Minpunten: Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2017
Kathy O.
General manager/ owner
  • Beoordeeld op 9-12-2017

"Aloha POS works great"

Opmerkingen: Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

Pluspunten: I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

Minpunten: I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

• Beoordeeld op 9-12-2017
Brent B.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

"Aloha for Restaurant Chains"

Opmerkingen: Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

Pluspunten: The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

Minpunten: I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.