PowerDirector - A Wonderful Software Editing System Unless it Crashes

Alphonsus D.
Legal Intern
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I for the most part enjoyed using PowerDirector when editing videos. It has been a blast and sometimes a struggle with having to recuperate work lost. Regardless, this is a great entry video editor for anyone that is looking to get involved with the craft. Just got to get used to the rare crash, which is a part of every video editor's bane.

Pluspunten: I liked the friendly user interface to seamlessly go from folder to folder to set up my timeline. I felt that the words were bright enough for me to read and that the organization options have great default settings. This gave me more incentive to not have much setup involved outside of the usual importing of videos.

Minpunten: There was a crash or two in the software during editing. The progress was last updated when I first updated it, which negated an hour or two of work that I have put in. I thought there would be more updates as to its recovery feature, but no use.

Power Director by Cyberlink

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2019
Tom W.
Retiree
Leger, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have made dozens of home movies, shared to Facebook, uploaded to Youtube, copied to disk for storage.

Pluspunten: Features-rich operating environment. Very high quality and selection

Minpunten: Tech support. Virtually non-existent. When you have a problem you have to go to a "community forum" and get advice from other users. The users who tender advice are, to be sure, very reliable and competent, but sometimes it's difficult to explain to another user.

Simple to use and easy to master!

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019
William M.
Producer
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used it for over 5 years and still plan on using it until I need 4k editing. Even then I'll upgrade the version. I was very new to editing and this was a great way to jump in and learn with this software.

Pluspunten: It was easy to use for someone who was just learning how to edit videos. Lots of cool features and add ons. Also it isn't expensive to upgrade to newer versions. It is very consumer friendly.

Minpunten: Since it isn't as big as other video editing software, there aren't as many tutorials on YouTube.

My experience

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Ryan M.
Dishwasher
Restaurants, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Being able to burn CDs as well as being able to make iso files out of home DVDs and a type of file for data on CDs to be able to have a back up for recording in the computer

Minpunten: Well there is not too much to complain about per say, I mean granted it took a bit to get the hang of it of course but I achieved it

awesome product

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Jeff G.
IT Manager
Groothandel, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I bought this product to edit drone videos of our family place out in the country, to make a "movie" of drone footage for my dad, who grew up on the property. This software is allowing me to do that.

Pluspunten: Lets me do everything I need to do, include mix in music/audio and prepare titles, etc. While it doesn't make piecing together a professional looking video a snap (I'm a noob), it does make it possible.

Minpunten: Learning curve is high, but I'm new to video editing. It takes me a long time to get stuff the way I want it, but it does make it possible for me to do it. Loooots of features to get lost in if you're interested in playing with all the bells and whistles.

Pretty Good

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2019
Adam A.
Principal Cofounder
Biotechnologie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall my feelings are somewhat mixed. The product is good, but the company doesn't seem to be especially reliable. This may have changed since 2016, but I'd probably not bother with it again.

Pluspunten: PowerDirector is a fairly priced film tool that will fit most people's needs. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars on software like Apple's movie maker, here's something that will do the job for less than 80. It has a pleasing interface and has a huge amount of customizability. It is definitely robust and will let you shape footage into any shape that pleases you.

Minpunten: PowerDirector has infamously bad customer service. My attempts to contact them were ignored. The software is a bit of a RAM hog (although that is par for the course with video editors, so we can't hold that against PD).

PowerDirector Pros and Cons

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Agustin G.
Independent freelancer
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My experience with PowerDirector has been somewhat bittersweet. I used it several times but that one little thing that matters can mess everything up. Sony vegas pro 13 does miracles for me.

Pluspunten: What I liked about the software was the rendering. It can render videos in a very fast unlike another program that I normally use. The quality of the outcome usually worked for my needs. But if I had to emphasize on anything it would just be how simple the software was. I enjoyed adding transitions and effects only to have stunning results.

Minpunten: There was one really big annoyance. The video editing on the PC can sometimes be painful due to lag even on my HP Zbook G3 17. Zooming in and out of the timeline was at times frustrating. Also, with the super-fast rendering I wouldn't expect for ultra-quality results.

Easy and Powerful Video Making & Editing Software

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2019
Elizabeth H.
Solutions Consultant
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very easy to use; very intuitive. You can import videos, pictures, and sound/music clips. You can export your video on a variety of formats and qualities, as well as, upload directly to YouTube or other social media platforms.

Minpunten: The app can make my phone crash and/or run very slowly.

Power-Packed Video Editing Software

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use this software to create and edit all types of videos, including those for training, marketing, and branding.

Pluspunten: Very powerful and feature-rich. Also a great value compared to other leading video editing software solutions.

Minpunten: The software can be enhanced with additional features by adding plugins and effects packs. These modules do not all have a consistent design though, so it can take a little time to get to know how to use each one.

Good software for beginers

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Amal R.
Online
(Bioscoop)films, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to handle.But features are very less.for the beginers it is a good software.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use. Rendering process is very fast.

Minpunten: Only Less features available. It will take more time to get output

Manageable Software for Beginner in Editing

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Jayr P.
Facade Designer
Civiele techniek, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: i'm satisfied on this software. manageable or user friendly. easy to find when clicking any icons on the interface.

Pluspunten: what I liked on this Software is the drag and drop process in adding effects on my video. very easy for us beginner in editing video.

Minpunten: i'm looking for other features?. maybe the other features are in the latest version of this software because i'm using the older one.