Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Sigma

Sigma dicht de kloof tussen datateams en bedrijfsexperts.

Meer informatie over Sigma

59 reviews worden weergegeven

Sam J.
Senior Product Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Incredibly Useful Tool for data analysis and workflow"

Pluspunten: The speed with which I'm able to pull together disparate data and generate some useful insights. The Dashboard functionality has been particularly useful in creating reporting our teams can use with customers and prospects.

Minpunten: Version management and permissions. It's hard to keep everyone looking at the same version of a document, to view data, a document is created and generically named, so our folder system is getting very full and hard to navigate. Additionally, there's no way to tell if another user will be able to see a given document without asking them to try viewing it, and there's no way for them to request view access to that document.

Jordan S.
Service Delivery Manager
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-5-2020

"The BI tool of the future"

Opmerkingen: Love it. We previously had Looker as our BI tool and this is a HUGE improvement over that tool. Ease of use, clarity of features, flexibility of the system are all significantly improved. Couldn't be happier with our switch, I know my whole team would say the same thing.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, especially the ability to write custom SQL queries to build datasets and reports. The visualization builder is also very user friendly and has made throwing together dashboards for internal or external use significantly easier. Saves me and my colleagues a ton of time!

Minpunten: There have been some features identified by the team that we need for Enterprise-level software that were missing, many have been addressed though. A major bugbear of mine is that the filters don't seem to react to each other if there are multiple on a dashboard, they filter independently of other inputs.

Martha Q.
drop ship manager
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers

"positively mixed feelings"

Opmerkingen: Overall I have access to more than our previous reporting system, which is a positive. However, as self serve as it is I wish connecting tables and validating was more straightforward as a user.

Pluspunten: I like how customizable it is. From a good basic report I can move things around to suit my needs. In addition it has many options for how to export, which is great as I use excel for more complex files & google sheets for collaborating & sharing findings.

Minpunten: Load times to get to a report or filter can be killer for some reports that pull from many data sources, and have large amounts of information. The permissions are a bit annoying when a report is created for me by an admin, but I am the report owner (as it was made for my department), but I can't make my own changes (w/o admin privlidges) and archive the main one. In these cases, I have to request the admin to make the changes, or make a copy and publish my own report and again contact the admin to delete or move the report so that mine is the one the team goes to first.

Front End Development Manager
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-5-2020

"Powerful data visualization tool"

Opmerkingen: As a data analyst, I've have had a lot of fun building dashboards and reports with Sigma. It's very flexible and has great usability

Pluspunten: - You can easily add data sources, and then create datasets with the columns you need
- It also lets you format the columns and process the data by using formulas, very similar to what you would do in a spreadsheet, but more streamlined
- You can easily join different datasets and filter data
- The new dashboards are very easy to use, with a clear interface to add widgets, filters and views
- They also have quick and effective customer support

Minpunten: - It can be a little intimidating if you are not familiar with spreadsheets

• Beoordeeld op 14-5-2020
Tania R.
Software Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Using Sigma as a Software developer"

Opmerkingen: I think is a nice tool, is easy to use and it's fast. You can load your data and start analyzing it very fast, also, it's a nice tool for non technical users, but when I need more features or power I rather to use Data Studio

Pluspunten: Is an easy to use software, I liked that it's very fast, I don't have to wait to start seeing the data

Minpunten: It needs more features, specially to migrate the worksheets to different environments, also it has a very limited number of functions. Sometimes the error messages are not very descriptives, so we can't know what's happening or how to solve it (we had a worksheet with an error like: "the joins are not efficient", something like that, so that message was kind of useless)

Michell B.
Product Manager
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Good price, needs more features"

Opmerkingen: This has been a net positive for our org.

Pluspunten: Sigma allows viewers for free, even viewers from outside your organization.

Minpunten: The dashboard feature is not fully built out - many features seem to be missing. For example, I can't put percents on a pie chart.

Rostyslav B.
Data Scientist
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020

"Good product, becoming better every quarter"

Opmerkingen: I was using Sigma increasingly over the last year or so. One thing that I am most pleased with is how in the new releases I can see the issues raised by me and my coworkers addressed and solved. It is becoming more and more usable with time.

Pluspunten: Sigma is a quick and easy way to map from a SQL query through intermediate exploration to customer-ready visualization

Minpunten: No way to save the complete project as code, which can be edited, version-controlled, ported, etc

Alec P.
Customer Success Representative
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-6-2020

"Sigma is a powerful tool"

Opmerkingen: I have been able to expand my personal skillset with sigma and work towards better data insights.

Pluspunten: Sigma offers a great way for me to explore tables in our database and visualize those insights. Building worksheets and converting those sheets into dashboards have been very valuable for me.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve here. It may take a while to get completely comfortable using the product. Once you do, the possibilities for data analytics expand.

• Beoordeeld op 1-6-2020
Jose f. G.
Director of Operations
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020

"Excellent alternative to pivot tables and spreadsheets"

Opmerkingen: So far, we've managed to simplify our business metrics visualization and enabled querying that information to non-technical users which is a big win.

Pluspunten: I like that it's easy to create customized views of Data without having to expose unnecesary information as noise. I love the simple UI to build new reports and the smart filters.

Minpunten: Getting the data into Sigma can be daunting at first, but it's worth it in the end. If you're struggling I recommend to keep trying.

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020
Samuel H.
service coordinator
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020

"Sigma - Ease of use"

Opmerkingen: Sigma is a great way to share smaller sets of data. It allows me to prepare for my clients by pulling together reports quickly in an easy format.

Pluspunten: The software is pretty easy and intuitive, except for the UI, at first. You don't really need much training on instruction, making it easy for you to play around with until you get the idea.

Minpunten: Sometimes when I have put things into the CSV filter they end up in the wrong place. Also the UI is kind of weird if you've never used it, but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020
Scott S.
Business Analyst
Sport, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Sigma - making SQL a visual effort"

Opmerkingen: It has been great. The tool fit very naturally into my companies data flow and getting _explorable_ data into stakeholders hands. We also have a more static dashboarding tool that excels at that, but is weak for exploration.
Sigma also makes my job as an analyst easier by making data sets explorable using point-n-click tools vs code

Pluspunten: Makes 'easy' queries very easy to work on and see results visually immediately. Natural way to think about grouping objects but still showing the 'row' level data is amazing and a huge selling point on getting non data people to use the sheets shared with them.
Makes the mental structuring of large undertakings choppable into smaller to-do's and then joining sheets together

Minpunten: Expanding on my point in my pro's about chunking down large undertakings to smaller conceptual efforts per sheet.... this is not very performant. I have two projects where I create a base sheet and then have 2-6 sheets built off of it before potentially joining them back together to combine the aspects I've added. This however, results in the base sheet/query being run numerous times and is often times a time consuming query to begin with. In a code based environment this could be made more performant by using a WITH statement so it only has to execute once and can then be used multiple times Joins have to be exact matches (no date comparison) and can only be on original columns from the data source. Therefore, if a column must be switched from integer to string, you have to create a reference to the sheet before being able to join to other tables.

Mia O.
Business Intelligence Manager
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019

"Turns non-technical business users into data power users"

Opmerkingen: Stellar overall experience. The Sigma team makes a massive effort to truly understand and design around customer needs and use cases, as well as to provide hands-down the best customer support and training I have ever received from a B2B vendor, period.

Pluspunten: The ability to connect to any data number of data sources across our enterprise data warehouse to extract useful insights for my team. Without a line of coding I can report, analyze, and visualize data from our CRM, IoT data streams, 3rd party APIs, and now .csv uploads. The full access is balanced by perfect row-level security controls so I can use the same system to power data dashboards and portals for internal teams as I do for external clients.

Minpunten: The upside of being able to access ALL data streams leads to a downside -- it can take a long time to process and load information. However I look forward to data materialization features in the works which will eliminate this problem.

Sean P.
Manager, Data Insights
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

"Revolutionary Data Tool"

Opmerkingen: The most significant impact of Sigma has been exposing data to so many people around the business who would otherwise have had to go through the data team bottleneck, both slowing their access to data and limiting the explorability and agility of the results. However, this can be accomplished in a controlled manner with Sigma, ensuring that stakeholders only have access to vetted sources of truth procured by the data team.

Pluspunten: - ability to explore and inspect the source data and perform sophisticated SQL functions via GUI (group, join, aggregate, etc.)
- ability to create single source of truth worksheets and build all related content off of that, instead of reinventing the wheel with every new query
- unlimited reader accounts allows usage to really take off and flourish instead of hamstringing itself

Minpunten: - pricing still unclear as to what constitutes an author vs a reader - based on recent conversations with Sigma I'm afraid that we are going to be upcharged on items that were never made clear to us (I am still unclear)
- new software still has its share of bugs

Shawn H.
Data and Strategy Analyst
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Sigma shaved 5 hours off my monthly reporting"

Opmerkingen: While Sigma could be great for a lot of use cases, there is one in particular that I use it for. Every month I have a summary report that I have to put together. I used to run multiple database queries, dump the data out into Excel, do some manual sorting and manipulation of the data, and then build out pivot tables so that I could see trends month over month. Sigma takes care of all of the data fetching, formatting, and styling for me (and lets me do it in a way that turns out better than I had in Excel).
Doing the reports this way, now saves me about 5 hours a month off of that monthly report that I was doing, which means that I have more time for data exploration, and spend less time with data garbage collection.

Pluspunten: I love the ability to build out extra columns in my data visually, which lets me build pivot tables that I cannot even replicate in Excel.
Having built out tables once, I can reuse them again and again with fresh data without having to pull and manually re-translate everything like I used to do.
Having the ability to change the type of data in a column to a new structure saves me a lot of time.
Extracting JSON from my tables is a snap!

Minpunten: While the documentation is good, I wish there was a little better messaging around error handling. Sigma formatting is slightly different from the PostgreSQL that I am used to.
I wish that there was a little more visual punch to the charts I can make.

Luke B.
Managing Partner
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Excel for your data warehouse"

Opmerkingen: I help B2B SaaS startup founders and CMOs with their customer data platforms and reporting. The ability to create additional columns on your data containing custom formulas and the ability to sort and filter on multiple columns is great. One of my clients uses Sigma and I’ve been extremely impressed at how easy and quickly it is to build reports on multiple tables of data without writing any complex SQL. For example, sessionization of page view and event time series data is a complex SQL query which can be performed within a few minutes in Sigma without any knowledge of SQL. It’s a great tool for business users.

Pluspunten: I’ m very impressed at Sigma’s ease of use for building reports from my clients data warehouse running on Snowflake. If you can use Excel, and understand the data in your database you can be up and running extremely quickly without having to write SQL queries or any code to describe your database. The ability to create additional columns on your data containing custom formulas and the ability to sort and filter on multiple columns is great.

Minpunten: As with any tool there is a learning curve to the interface, but since it’s similar to a spreadsheet, it’s quick to learn. Theres no feature yet to save custom formulas to be used across worksheets so you’ll have to copy and paste them for now.

Krystyna S.
Marketplace Operations Manager
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

"Highly recommended! "

Opmerkingen: Excellent! I use it on the daily.

Pluspunten: It's easy to use and straight forward. I'm not not only handling reports for my team but for multiple departments as well.

Minpunten: I'm still learning the depths but it's one of the best programs that I've had the opportunity to use. I would say the only thing that can be annoying, is the load speed. Sometimes my tables and dashboards time out.

Ivan S.
Email Marketing Manager
Mediaproductie, 201-500 werknemers

"Integration Pipeline"

Opmerkingen: Best email marketing pipeline integration when it comes to metrics and conversion goals

Pluspunten: It's very effective on the email marketing and CRM.

Minpunten: pricing can be lower but totally works.

Leon K.
Director of Product
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-7-2019

"A useful tool for specific problems"

Opmerkingen: Monthly compliance reporting handoff to non-technical individuals.

Pluspunten: For someone who is not particularly tech savvy, Sigma is a great way to take SQL queries written by someone who is, and then be able to modify the data in real time using the sort of functionality we're all used to via Excel. Sigma also is easy to export data from, and the scheduling functionality is quite useful for recurring reports.

Minpunten: Because Sigma has to re-pull data every time you open a sheet, it is incredibly slow. Certain reports can take multiple minutes to load, and once any filters are applies, it has to re-pull the report, causing those minutes to be lost again. Because of this, it's often easier to just download all the data and then do the filtering/etc in excel/google sheets.

Austin H.
Manager, Engineering Operations
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019

"Great Product"

Pluspunten: Ease of use and visibility is great! Love the data that we are able to pull and how easy the interface is to use.

Minpunten: There are a few features that I would love to see added. Mainly that when you are working with large data sets, it can be hard on the system and lead to slow processing time.

• Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019
Jen D.
Director of Merchandise Operations
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers

"It works!"

Opmerkingen: I use Sigma to manage inventory company wide across the country and it's easy to see where things are and when.

Pluspunten: easy to see all info in one place, for multiple needs

Minpunten: I have no complaints about anything sigma. but we also have someone who was able to walk me through how to create different reports at my workplace

Juan T.
Om
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-9-2019

"Review "

Pluspunten: Great charts, filters and databases, easy to use and learn

Minpunten: Layout and colors, not nice or fancy first experience

• Beoordeeld op 29-9-2019
Kevin K.
Product Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019

"Great analytics product, easy to set up and use"

Pluspunten: Awesome team behind the product, always responsive and helpful. They've taught me a lot not only about their tool but also about data analytics.

Minpunten: Some UI elements could be improved, but once you know where to find certain things you'll pick it up.

Jad H.
Finance & Strategy Manager
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-5-2020

"Decent features, need to cater to code-less users"

Pluspunten: the customer service chat button was nice

Minpunten: the way of drag and drop report building is not intuitive

• Beoordeeld op 29-5-2020
Sean A.
General Manager
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Sigma Daily Use"

Pluspunten: It was easy to store data and share with partners.

Minpunten: The user dash is a bit basic. It would be great to see a wider variety of tools and functions.

Yuting K.
Data Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Good BI for basic data visualization"

Pluspunten: 1. excel like so it's easy to pick up
2. can connect to the live database and without writing SQL query
3. can share the worksheet and schedule to send out the worksheet via email

Minpunten: 1. it's not easy to use if you want to do a complicated report: once you aggregate multiple worksheets / refer other worksheet and apply multiple filters, it's hard to verify your result and make it in the correct format.
2. the articles to discuss the Sigma features or best practice are not comprehensive.